Spoilers One Piece Chapter 1047 Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Honestly, based on the fact that Luffy's awakening just gave him a new transformation into his true Mythical Zoan form.

And the fact that Kaido's Mythical Zoan is truly an Ou Ou no mi model. I think it's safe to say that Kaido has been awakened already lol
Nah I don't believe Kaido began as a fish that got turned into a dragon. It's already in the name: Uo Uo no mi, model Seiryuu. Otherwise every mythological zoan we've seen uptil now started as a bird or a dog. I think Luffy's fruit is a special case because it got nerfed due to word of mouth. Hiding its true powers from the user who wielded it as a regular rubber df.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nah I don't believe Kaido began as a fish that got turned into a dragon. It's already in the name: Uo Uo no mi, model Seiryuu. Otherwise every mythological zoan we've seen uptil now started as a bird or a dog. I think Luffy's fruit is a special case because it got nerfed due to word of mouth. Hiding its true powers from the user who wielded it as a regular rubber df.
I disagree, I think the name is very telling of how it started out vs the way it is in the end

Kaido's devil fruit might be the actual real special case. Imo it's highly likely that the God based mythical human fruits, unlike the beasts in that category, grant the user the true God form once awakened (Yes i'm suggesting Sengoku's bhudda form his him awakened). The only thing special about Luffy's fruit is that it's true name is hidden as far as Zoan transformation goes.

The Ou Ou no Mi: Azure Dragon Fruit is the only mythical Zoan fruit that the end result doesn't match the name lol. We already have dragon fruits in this series. In which the fruit easily could have been "The Dragon Dragon Fruit: Blue Azure Dragon Model" but Oda didn't go with that.

Reason being, most likely doesn't start out as a Dragon. Oda is probably playing into Chinese mythology. After trying for 100 years, a lone koi fish through sheer strength and determination made it up a waterfall so tall that it was nearly impossible for even the best jumpers to get to the top. The gods, who recognised this feat rewarded the Fish by turning him into a Dragon. It's very likely Kaido's devil fruit was exactly that lol, a koi fish/whatever kind of fish, that he awakened into a Dragon once his mind and body was in sync with the fruit

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I disagree, I think the name is very telling of how it started out vs the way it is in the end

Kaido's devil fruit might be the actual real special case. Imo it's highly likely that the God based mythical human fruits, unlike the beasts in that category, grant the user the true God form once awakened (Yes i'm suggesting Sengoku's bhudda form his him awakened). The only thing special about Luffy's fruit is that it's true name is hidden as far as Zoan transformation goes.

The Ou Ou no Mi: Azure Dragon Fruit is the only mythical Zoan fruit that the end result doesn't match the name lol. We already have dragon fruits in this series. In which the fruit easily could have been "The Dragon Dragon Fruit: Blue Azure Dragon Model" but Oda didn't go with that.

Reason being, most likely doesn't start out as a Dragon. Oda is probably playing into Chinese mythology. After trying for 100 years, a lone koi fish through sheer strength and determination made it up a waterfall so tall that it was nearly impossible for even the best jumpers to get to the top. The gods, who recognised this feat rewarded the Fish by turning him into a Dragon. It's very likely Kaido's devil fruit was exactly that lol, a koi fish/whatever kind of fish, that he awakened into a Dragon once his mind and body was in sync with the fruit
Sengoku's fruit isn't the Buddha fruit, but a statue based on the deity, otherwise he'd be the most OP thing in this universe. But I digress. Which dragon fruit are you referring to, btw? Since the only time the term dragon in the series is being used is with the dinosaur DFs since dinosaur in japanese is Kyoryu, hence why it's abbreviated to Ryu.

And yeah I know the myth behind it but I still don't think Kaido at the start was just a fish. Since that's more or less linked with water and for the almost 20-year run of the manga we've yet, at least to my knowledge, see a DF ability that's linked or has something to do with water. Only the ice logia and or snow comes into that territory, but it's in another state, so they don't outright null other DF users. Especially zoans would be easy to give to the numerous amounts of fish in the world, but there isn't any because we already have an entire race around it.

I still believe the naming around the fruit is just Oda being fancy. I could be wrong, of course. A flashback into Kaido's past will most likely confirm which one is correct. Which we'll get sooner or later. But if the fruit's awakening is going from a simple fish into a dragon that'd be pretty lame ngl. I mean if I was Kaido and I was given a fruit that turned me into a fish I'd be like get the hell out of here Lilin and fuck this fruit you gave me.

I wouldn't bother trying to learn it. Nor getting to a point of awakening which is more or less linked to mastery the more we see it. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sengoku's fruit isn't the Buddha fruit, but a statue based on the deity, otherwise he'd be the most OP thing in this universe. But I digress. Which dragon fruit are you referring to, btw? Since the only time the term dragon in the series is being used is with the dinosaur DFs since dinosaur in japanese is Kyoryu, hence why it's abbreviated to Ryu.
Yeah you know what I mean lol. Sengoku's fruit is still a Mythical one that gives him him a transformation based on the statue of a god.

Exactly that. The Dragon Dragon Model: *insert dinosaur*. In this case you slap on Blue Azure Dragon lmao.

And yeah I know the myth behind it but I still don't think Kaido at the start was just a fish. Since that's more or less linked with water and for the almost 20-year run of the manga we've yet, at least to my knowledge, see a DF ability that's linked or has something to do with water. Only the ice logia and or snow comes into that territory, but it's in another state, so they don't outright null other DF users. Especially zoans would be easy to give to the numerous amounts of fish in the world, but there isn't any because we already have an entire race around it.
That detail isn't really a problem, even if he started out as a fish I don't think he actually swims or needs water lol. I think this devil fruit is the only fish based one in OP just for the mythology behind of it lol. Don't think there are any other fish Zoan otherwise

I still believe the naming around the fruit is just Oda being fancy. I could be wrong, of course. A flashback into Kaido's past will most likely confirm which one is correct. Which we'll get sooner or later. But if the fruit's awakening is going from a simple fish into a dragon that'd be pretty lame ngl. I mean if I was Kaido and I was given a fruit that turned me into a fish I'd be like get the hell out of here Lilin and fuck this fruit you gave me

I wouldn't bother trying to learn it. Nor getting to a point of awakening which is more or less linked to mastery the more we see it.
LOL if he started out as a fish. Then that was most likely his reaction until he awakened.

Or until he realised that the Devil Fruit granted him nigh invincibility from the start which I think was the case. I think he had dragon scales from very early on.

And awakening granted him the true powers of a Dragon (clouds, boro breath etc.)

But think of this. Unlike the Nika fruit, there's information on Kaido's fruit. Which means he most likely ate it knowing that it would eventually turn into a Dragon and got there (like the legend) through strength and perseverance. Which would fit his character when it comes to him respecting strength above everything else and being impressed with Luffy's will

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
But think of this. Unlike the Nika fruit, there's information on Kaido's fruit. Which means he most likely ate it knowing that it would eventually turn into a Dragon and got there (like the legend) through strength and perseverance. Which would fit his character when it comes to him respecting strength above everything else and being impressed with Luffy's will
Momo has the very same DF as Kaido but he was a dragon from the very start, no fish to be seen. You could argue that it's because it was deemed a failure. But I wouldn't classify skipping the fish part in a dragon DF as a failure, lol. I'm pretty sure it was called a failure for some other reason. Or he called it a failure, so it wouldn't go into the wrong hands, Vegapunk does seem to have a conscious of some sort. And even if he was awakened on that moment and Vegapunk didn't realize it. I'm pretty sure the smartest guy in the universe could tell from a person's DNA that it got altered or strengthened at one point. I mean, the man figured out a way to insert an elephant into a sword, something like that isn't out of the realm of possibilities lol.

All in all, I'm fighting this since I really don't want this 'awakening grants an entire new concept in a df to come to reality' because that's a gateway to so many contrivances. It fits the karp turning into a dragon story, but I still honestly believe it's just fancy writing like how the dinosaurs have dragon in their name, while in reality most dinosaurs were ancestor's to birds. If we went with 'reality' it'd be something like Tori tori no mi, model Allosaurus or something along those lines.

We could discuss this for ages I feel but a flashback to Kaido's past will be the only thing that'll decide who's right or wrong I believe. :LOL:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
All in all, I'm fighting this since I really don't want this 'awakening grants an entire new concept in a df to come to reality' because that's a gateway to so many contrivances. It fits the karp turning into a dragon story, but I still honestly believe it's just fancy writing like how the dinosaurs have dragon in their name, while in reality most dinosaurs were ancestor's to birds. If we went with 'reality' it'd be something like Tori tori no mi, model Allosaurus or something along those lines.
Yes, but that's not how it works in one piece, so you don't have to worry about in real life with the dinosaurs lol. Kaido's devil fruit is just special

We could discuss this for ages I feel but a flashback to Kaido's past will be the only thing that'll decide who's right or wrong I believe
Yes, it's better to wait and see, we'll find out soon anyway

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
No!
The fruit name fits perfectly, because chinese dragons are carps. It is the same with the Nue fruit being a Bord fruit.

Dragon fruits doesn't refer to Dragon, but to lizards in general. Making a Chinese Dragon a dragon/lizard fruit would be weird af.
[automerge]1650544799[/automerge]
Btw to make Big Mom live on I am expecting to see Big Mom climbing out of the hole only to get burried by Luffys fist together with Kaidou.

How do you think about it @Gambit :weirdpeep:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Btw to make Big Mom live on I am expecting to see Big Mom climbing out of the hole only to get burried by Luffys fist together with Kaidou.
I don't think so. It has already been declared that she lost against the two SN. If she gets back to the battle (yep she's not dead), it will defeat the idea of "it takes 2 awakened DF users from the WG to take down a Yonko".

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't think so. It has already been declared that she lost against the two SN. If she gets back to the battle (yep she's not dead), it will defeat the idea of "it takes 2 awakened DF users from the WG to take down a Yonko".
Luffy has also been declared to be defeated right before he awakened.

And I don't think she will fight, just getting hit by Luffys fist for the lols and to make Big Mom live on. And for Big Mom to get a glimpsy of JoyBoy :pepelaugh:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy has also been declared to be defeated right before he awakened.

And I don't think she will fight, just getting hit by Luffys fist for the lols and to make Big Mom live on. And for Big Mom to get a glimpsy of JoyBoy :pepelaugh:
Big Mom living by the name - Beg Meme
[automerge]1650590175[/automerge]
Chapter out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom