Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I always had the idea that the scabbards will take revenge for Oden and they will be the ones to cut Orochis heads during this process. Each scabbard one head. I still can include the possibility of Zoro stepping in and replacing Denjirou (because of the whole Shimotsuki chaos theory) and leading the scabbards and Zoro will do the final cut on Orochi. :catainu:
But Orochi has 8 heads and there are 9 scabbards...

Unless Inu and Neko fight Jack and Zoro or Momo takes over?

Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
But Orochi has 8 heads and there are 9 scabbards...

Unless Inu and Neko fight Jack and Zoro or Momo takes over?
:catainu:
9 scabbards minus Denjirou plus Zoro = 9 people
8 heads will be cut = not dead
but Zoro final slash, Shimotsuki revenge boom, Yasu is happy

I imagine something like that hopefully. xd

I don't think Inu and Cat Viper will fight Jack the Drought. Jack is the perfect 1v1 for someone of the SHPs to gain status. Sanji or maybe a Supernova like Law/Drake/Hawkins.
I think Inu could be a traitor and we will have Inu and Neko fight against each other again.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:catainu:
9 scabbards minus Denjirou plus Zoro = 9 people
8 heads will be cut = not dead
but Zoro final slash, Shimotsuki revenge boom, Yasu is happy

I imagine something like that hopefully. xd

I don't think Inu and Cat Viper will fight Jack the Drought. Jack is the perfect 1v1 for someone of the SHPs to gain status. Sanji or maybe a Supernova like Law/Drake/Hawkins.
I think Inu could be a traitor and we will have Inu and Neko fight against each other again.
That's giving Orochi too much credit and power if it takes 9 scabbards/Zoro to defeat him :catcry::catcry:

Although i'm for Denjiro = Koushiro theory and linking Zoro as Denjiro's replacement. At least that ends the Denjiro = Kyoshiro anime theory :dogkek::dogkek:

Why will Inu be a traitor? :catcry:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That's giving Orochi too much credit and power if it takes 9 scabbards/Zoro to defeat him :catcry::catcry:

Although i'm for Denjiro = Koushiro theory and linking Zoro as Denjiro's replacement. At least that ends the Denjiro = Kyoshiro anime theory :dogkek::dogkek:

Why will Inu be a traitor? :catcry:
Depends how Oda can sell it, Orochi is already weak AF, and he also doesn't deserve big spotlight in a fight Imho, even the numbers deserve more. All we will get from Orochi will probably be some buff shit going on with his Zoan. And I think the scabbards profit from going all out and symbolically tying in Zoro into this would be beautiful, just to emphasize that Zoro is a big part of the Wano revenge movement and that he is mentally on that level of Oden and his followers.

Inu dunno, cuz some youtubers say it. xd

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Although i'm for Denjiro = Koushiro theory
I thought chapter 955 almost debunked this boring theory. I mean 50 years ago the one who created Wado Ichi Monji and Emna illegal left Wano. From SBS we know that this ship traveled to EB.

Unlikely that Denjirou left 20 years ago also traveling to EB without the plan returnong to Wano.

Also the behaviour of young Denjirou hints Witchinghour Boy = Denjirou. And based on Hiyoris reaction about Witchinghour Boy being in danger it, it seems like Kyoshiro = Witchinghour Boy. I mean Hiyori and Kyoshiro worked together to trick evil guys.
=> Kyoshiro = Denjirou
This would also explain young Denjirou always wearing sunglases. The eyes would end up being an obvious hint.

My bet we won't see young Denjirou without sunglases.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My bet we won't see young Denjirou without sunglases.
Pretty sure he propped them up at one point while admonishing Kinemon during the Mountain God fiasco, giving us a look at his round eyes.

Not that it disproves anything, as I suspect there's a shapeshifting racoon dog ( tanuki ) or some such running about fooling everyone, which may account for any discrepancies in appearances.

Chris Mic

Enjoy Vertigo!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kawamatsu no recognising minks confirms that he isn't one. Now... what is he though? Maybe Zoro was right and he really is a fishman.

Also, in case y'all haven't noticed, Oden is a big reference to Heracles from Greek mythology. Time to drop my evidence!

Looking at his labours, I think we can make more connections. He had to capture the Boar of Erymathia, paralleling Oden killing the Mountain God. He had to clean the Stables of Augea, stables notoriously filthy and filled with cattle shit, so Heracles rerouted a river and cleaned the entire stable in one day. Oden deadass lifted a river to clean the capital (though he fucking flooded it LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO). Oden was disowned by his dad, Heracles was disowned by his "mom" (Hera). Also, Oden joined Roger's ship in their own adventures. In the same way, Heracles joined the Argonauts, a crew comprised of a lot of Greek mythological legends, in their journey to obtain the golden fleece, a story that in and of itself can be assumed to parallel the journey to find the One Piece.

But perhaps, most famous of all, Heracles' most well-known labour is slaying the Hydra. A myth that's similiar to the slaying of Orochi using two swords, one of which was received by a certain Japanese legend who Zoro takes a LOT after, and what a coincidence, Zoro now has Enma. Anyway, the slaying of the hydra... reminds ya of Orochi's devil fruit, huh? Considering how famous that myth is, it's possible Orochi and Oden's rivalry is much more serious than we think, though now he's nothing but some dumbass kid.

Now, to just dump my own random theory:

What if Oden got a devil fruit, the Orochi fruit? And we are told Oden was MADE into Oden, he was boiled alive, LITERALLY. What if... Orochi ate him? He always talks about "beating" Oden. And Yasuie before dying told him "someone like you will never truly DEVOUR Oden". If Orochi pulled a Big Mom to get Oden's devil fruit that's the most fucked up thing ever. Anyway post OVER

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kawamatsu no recognising minks confirms that he isn't one. Now... what is he though? Maybe Zoro was right and he really is a fishman.

Also, in case y'all haven't noticed, Oden is a big reference to Heracles from Greek mythology. Time to drop my evidence!

Looking at his labours, I think we can make more connections. He had to capture the Boar of Erymathia, paralleling Oden killing the Mountain God. He had to clean the Stables of Augea, stables notoriously filthy and filled with cattle shit, so Heracles rerouted a river and cleaned the entire stable in one day. Oden deadass lifted a river to clean the capital (though he fucking flooded it LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO). Oden was disowned by his dad, Heracles was disowned by his "mom" (Hera). Also, Oden joined Roger's ship in their own adventures. In the same way, Heracles joined the Argonauts, a crew comprised of a lot of Greek mythological legends, in their journey to obtain the golden fleece, a story that in and of itself can be assumed to parallel the journey to find the One Piece.

But perhaps, most famous of all, Heracles' most well-known labour is slaying the Hydra. A myth that's similiar to the slaying of Orochi using two swords, one of which was received by a certain Japanese legend who Zoro takes a LOT after, and what a coincidence, Zoro now has Enma. Anyway, the slaying of the hydra... reminds ya of Orochi's devil fruit, huh? Considering how famous that myth is, it's possible Orochi and Oden's rivalry is much more serious than we think, though now he's nothing but some dumbass kid.

What if Oden got a devil fruit, the Orochi fruit? And we are told Oden was MADE into Oden, he was boiled alive, LITERALLY. What if... Orochi ate him? He always talks about "beating" Oden. And Yasuie before dying told him "someone like you will never truly DEVOUR Oden". If Orochi pulled a Big Mom to get Oden's devil fruit that's the most fucked up thing ever. Anyway post OVER
Idk i'm to imagine Oden with the Orochi fruit when battling and it's hard. Also it doesn't fit with having the Ame no Habakiri snakeslaying sword.

I think Orochi stole the fruit among the treasures when he blamed Oden for stealing.

Nice Heracles comparison

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The reversal of roles and plot elements, heroes and villains taking on each other's roles ( if not outright getting combined )...these are major themes in Oda's narrative from what I've seen, so Oden-as-Orochi-user isn't farfetched by any means. Consider for one Yasu's comparison of Oden to a natural disaster and other notable figurative descriptions likening Oden to a storm...immediately brings to fellow Japanese culture hero and God of Storms himself, Susano-O. Mind you, I don't know if Oden himself necessarily possessed the powers of the Orochi devil fruit...but maybe some past incarnation of his did, same as the One Piece versions of the Ox King and Monkey King imo, ie Oars and Luffy; heroes and villains becoming one and the same through reincarnation.

Who knows? Could also be something as mundane killing the previous user of the Orochi user whiel saving Orochi's life in the process, leading the latter to discover and eat the subsequently revived Orochi fruit soon after. That would entail some entirely new ( or perhaps already established ) major character popping up in the flashbacks of course.

Anyways, I'd be curious to see how any other of Hercules' Labors would be adapted for Oden's journey, and whether we'll see them play out over the case of the Wano flashback...or beyond even. One of which involved the taking of Amazon Queen Hyppolita's girdle, so mayhaps we'll get mention or glimpse of Oden crossing paths with a past Queen of Kuja. And then there's arguably the most famous Labor aside from the slaying of the Hydra - the chaining of the Underworld Hound, Cerberus. Methinks this one in particular may play out with Oden taking on a certain dog yokai or "inugami," figuratively speaking to a some extent...and something which will tie into either ( or both ) Blackbeard and Koshiro.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Cool theory.
If Oda follows this route, then there's a chance that Zoro may be the one to slay Orochi & gets recognized as Wano's national hero (like how Usopp got the title 'God Usopp' in Dressrosa).

With that in mind:
1. Even if Zoro doesn't fight & beat King (I still hope he will), slaying a country's leader should be a crime enough to boost his bounty by at least 100mil B (can be higher, especially we know how the WG have been working with Orochi through CP-0). As comparison, Luffy's bounty jumped from 30mil to 100mil after he fought Crocodile, and jumped from 400mil to 500mil after he beat Doflamingo. With the addition of participating in taking down Kaido, at least another 100mil should be guaranteed.

2. If he truly gets the recognition like Usopp did in Dressrosa, getting a new epithet post-Wano would be sweet. Assuming he enters Asura mode in front of everyone: One-Eyed Demon? Demon Sword (reference to "Flower Sword" Vista)? Demon-Eye (reference to "Hawkeye" Mihawk)?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Assuming he enters Asura mode in front of everyone: One-Eyed Demon? Demon Sword (reference to "Flower Sword" Vista)? Demon-Eye (reference to "Hawkeye" Mihawk)?
Now i'm curious to see Shutenmaru's reaction to Zoro's Asura mode :woahcat::woahcat:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
2. If he truly gets the recognition like Usopp did in Dressrosa, getting a new epithet post-Wano would be sweet. Assuming he enters Asura mode in front of everyone: One-Eyed Demon? Demon Sword (reference to "Flower Sword" Vista)? Demon-Eye (reference to "Hawkeye" Mihawk)?
Sword Devil

Chris Mic

Enjoy Vertigo!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Cool theory.
If Oda follows this route, then there's a chance that Zoro may be the one to slay Orochi & gets recognized as Wano's national hero (like how Usopp got the title 'God Usopp' in Dressrosa).

With that in mind:
1. Even if Zoro doesn't fight & beat King (I still hope he will), slaying a country's leader should be a crime enough to boost his bounty by at least 100mil B (can be higher, especially we know how the WG have been working with Orochi through CP-0). As comparison, Luffy's bounty jumped from 30mil to 100mil after he fought Crocodile, and jumped from 400mil to 500mil after he beat Doflamingo. With the addition of participating in taking down Kaido, at least another 100mil should be guaranteed.

No idea but Zoro will get a lot of smoke in Wano. I see Zoro taking down King for sure, even if not by himself, but he definitely won't stop there. In my opinion, I have a theory that he will fight another big opponent too. Whether that's Orochi or not is uncertain but being responsible for taking down the leader of a country so powerful the marines can't intervene? That will be great for his reputation. The whole crew will get huge bounty boosts due to just their captain making moves. I personally believe though that either Hiyori or Kin'emon could also be the ones to take down Orochi.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
No idea but Zoro will get a lot of smoke in Wano. I see Zoro taking down King for sure, even if not by himself, but he definitely won't stop there. In my opinion, I have a theory that he will fight another big opponent too. Whether that's Orochi or not is uncertain but being responsible for taking down the leader of a country so powerful the marines can't intervene? That will be great for his reputation. The whole crew will get huge bounty boosts due to just their captain making moves. I personally believe though that either Hiyori or Kin'emon could also be the ones to take down Orochi.
Maybe Zoro takes on and defeats Kyoshiro.

I'm hoping for more Sanji vs Drake and Sanji vs dinosaurs battles.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
No idea but Zoro will get a lot of smoke in Wano.
Yep, that must happen.

WCI:
1. Luffy beat Crackers & Katakuri--status upgrade to "unofficial" emperor
2. Sanji did his thing--status upgrade to Vinsmoke Sanji :dogkek:

Wano:
1. Luffy beat Kaido--status level up to official emperor replacing Kaido
2. Zoro beat one or two of Orochi/Kyoshiro/Jack/Smoothie/King & hurt Kaido like Oden did--status upgrade to emperor's right hand man/strongest fighter
3. Sanji hopefully does something--poster upgrade to Germa 66 Raid Suit to annoy him even more :dogkek::dogkek: (but seriously for god's sake Oda please make him fight someone around Jack-Queen's level, or just let him wipe the floor with Daifuku/Oven/strongest Flying Six members :angrycrabs:)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
For now, I'm going with Zoro facing Kyoshirou and Sanji having a rematch with Gin, having become not just a Beast Pirate but a Flying Six Member and Pachycephalosaurus zoan. With perhaps some mini fights along the way.

Going back to Zoro's possible future epithet, if I'm right about him playing the role of 2nd to Orochi or Kaido upon their committing seppuki, and defeating Kyoshiro after the latter possibly becomes shogun, then could be he'll earn another moniker before achieving the title of Sword Devil or Greatest Swordsman from Hell or whatever: the Kingslayer.

Pirate Hunter Zoro --> King Hunter/Slayer Zoro --> God Hunter/Killer Zoro??? ( after inevitably slicing up a Celestial Dragon ) --> Sword Devil

Swordsmen Pokémon: Gotta Cut Them All

Unlike many, I think don't think Luffy, Zoro, or Sanji are coming out of Wano as top tier just yet. There's still much ground to cover, much of which I think will go down in a Journey to the West style adventure that'll start in Kano and culminate with the fated Elbaf arc. Meanwhile, Blackbeard and co. will likewise finally come to the fore and begin developing into EOS baddies in earnest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom