Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 964
Title: Oden's Adventure

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
jaiminis box

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 964 QUICK SUMMARY

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Another great chapter in a row

I literally felt like I am reading a diary of some person while reading the notes of Oden.

Toki came from 800 years ago is not surprising as we know from the spoilers but the surprising thing is that she wants to go to wano specifically and I have wondered why. Hopefully we get some spicy tidbits of void century.

Wano may also be related to ancient kingdom and void century may be the reason the Wano closed its borders.

Neko and Inu are cute as usual. Surprisingly they have mentioned that they know only five islands (Wano, Zou, Raftel, ??, ??). What are the other two??

Funny thing is seeing WB and Oden expressing dissatisfaction in the same way when they heard about wano. It is really funny.

Lastly, appearance of the great pirate Gold Roger and it seems he also know something about the isolation of Wano country.

Good to see flashback is racing towards main events without delay.

3.75/5

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Another great chapter in a row

I literally felt like I am reading a diary of some person while reading the notes of Oden.

Toki came from 800 years ago is not surprising as we know from the spoilers but the surprising thing is that she wants to go to wano specifically and I have wondered why. Hopefully we get some spicy tidbits of void century.

Wano may also be related to ancient kingdom and void century may be the reason the Wano closed its borders.

Neko and Inu are cute as usual. Surprisingly they have mentioned that they know only five islands (Wano, Zou, Raftel, ??, ??). What are the other two??

Funny thing is seeing WB and Oden expressing dissatisfaction in the same way when they heard about wano. It is really funny.

Lastly, appearance of the great pirate Gold Roger and it seems he also know something about the isolation of Wano country.

Good to see flashback is racing towards main events without delay.

3.75/5
If I am correct Oda did say that Wano going to unfold the most mysterious of one piece... I hope we get to know about Roger in that flashback lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Awesome chapter.

Oden and Whitebeard Pirates interactions were awesome.

Whitebeard sensed Oden is strong willed just like his former crewmates in Rocks Pirates! So CoC??

Whitebeard testing Oden's endurance is pretty good and a nice parallel to Whitebeard and Ace.

WE NEED MORE ACE AND WANO

Oden willing to let go to save Toki is pretty great. Beginning of Oden x Toki romance! :dva::ghostie::catcry:

Toki wants to go to Wano and has been there for 800 years! I'm curious about her flashback

Really happy Izo, Inu and Neko tagged along. But why did Izo later become a Whitebeard commander? Was it Whitebeard's offer to Roger to lend him Oden while he keeps Izo with him?

We need Izo and Whitebeard Pirates to arrive in Wano because Ace and Oden parallels! Plus Luffy too!!!

Kid Shanks with Strawhat and Buggy! Best friends forever!

Roger is interested in Oden now! Next chapter will be hype.

Now important question:

While Oden is away adventuring with Whitebeard Pirates, will we get the answers to the question:

HOW DID OROCHI GET INTO CONTACT AND A DEAL WITH KAIDO? HOW DID OROCHI CONTACT WORLD GOVERNMENT?

Did Orochi find out about Oden's escape and Kaido went to Wano to parallel what Whitebeard Pirates did???

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What a wonderful chapter ! Gold Roger was already great pirate that time , which is equivalent to current Yanko..
And unlike Whitebeard , he seems more knowledgeable about ancient history...
Toki mentioned about time leap , it seems she was going into future to find Wano ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What a wonderful chapter ! Gold Roger was already great pirate that time , which is equivalent to current Yanko..
And unlike Whitebeard , he seems more knowledgeable about ancient history...
Toki mentioned about time leap , it seems she was going into future to find Wano ?
I'm happy to see Shanks and Buggy as kids way back then, especially with Shanks in the Strawhat :woahcat:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Curious why Toki insisted to go to Wano.
If she was born in Wano & just wanted to go back to her hometown (judging at her clothes), how did she end up somewhere else?

I'm also questioning why Toki kept using her power until she was 800 years in the future.
Does that have anything to do with void century? We know the events occured 800-900 years ago before current timeline.
And by joining Whitebeard (and possibly Roger later on), did she play a part on Roger's knowledge about the world history?

With that, I believe Oda is teasing us about the clear connection between Toki-Wano-void century-Raftel.
Sengoku also once mentioned on chapter 957 that big pirates were somehow connected to Wano (WB-Roger-Shanks-Oden). This is it.
And Roger was the first one to discover everything. :catcrysweat:

Glad to see Roger!
I predict Roger was interested in Oden because of his Wano background. Roger knew that Wano might provide clues about either void century or Raftel). And lucky for Roger, Toki was there too, and she was possibly the one who informed Roger about past events during void century.

Last edited:

Chris Mic

Enjoy Vertigo!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
LEGENDARY chapter! Where do I begin!? The flashback has found its pace, not a dull moment! ROGER LOOKS LIKE ACE I'M LOSING IT, I keep re-reading it!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What a great chapter!!!

So Tokis fullname is Amatsuki Toki. Thats why I expect Toki belongs to royal Family of Wano. So far we have
  • Kozuki = Light Moon
  • Shimotsuki = Frost Moon
  • Amatsuki = Heaven Moon
This backs up my idea that Zoro belongs to "Fire Moon"-family being the true hire of Kuri.
[automerge]1575014867[/automerge]
Curious why Toki insisted to go to Wano.
If she was born in Wano & just wanted to go back to her hometown (judging at her clothes), how did she end up somewhere else?
We don't know how the world was 800 years ago. It was already hinted that the boarders of Wano were not always closed.

Maybe her parents left Wano before she was born.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This was a fun chapter to read, I really enjoyed Oden's interaction with the Whitebeard Pirates and both Oden and Whitebeard's reaction to Toki wanting to go to Wano was funny.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What a great chapter!!!

So Tokis fullname is Amatsuki Toki. Thats why I expect Toki belongs to royal Family of Wano. So far we have
  • Kozuki = Light Moon
  • Shimotsuki = Frost Moon
  • Amatsuki = Heaven Moon
This backs up my idea that Zoro belongs to "Fire Moon"-family being the true hire of Kuri.
[automerge]1575014867[/automerge]

We don't know how the world was 800 years ago. It was already hinted that the boarders of Wano were not always closed.

Maybe her parents left Wano before she was born.
What if this ultimately links to Zoro's upgraded Santoryu style??

Like Wado could be Shimotsuki if Koshiro is linked to a Shimotsuki who left Wano illegally

Zoro has Enma

I guess the Kitetsu could somehow be linked or replaced with a sword that links to Amatsuki??

And then all 3 swords link in a pretty symbolic Wano form to injure Kaido

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So to join WB pirates one must undergo Waterboarding :dogkek:

Also, did young Marco just pull up Oden to the ship? Like damn those chains seemed heavy as fuck and Marco pulled them.

Toki from 800 years ago :feelstrashman: time for some Void Century

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Toki looks so close to Hiyori and Kiku lmao I was like "wait what's Kiku doing there now" and then "oh, it's Toki" :catsweat: Amatsuki though? That name is oddly familiar or I am just dumb and am thinking about something else.

Odens determination though, and it seems like Izo just accidently boarded Whitebeard but decided to stay in the end? :chuu:

Great chapter though, I really enjoyed the dynamics. And at the end YOUNG SHANKS AND BUGGY YEY :yay::yay::yay:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Oden and Whitebreads face when lady Toki asks to goto Wano lol an did anyone peep the giant with the club and horns Kaidou race most likely
[automerge]1575025382[/automerge]
Rodger looking like ace and Whitebeard called oden his brother says allot about odens strength man Marco pulling them chains

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Great Chapter, and many interesting details

Oden joined WB Pirates along with Izo & Inu/Neko, and we all know that Izo stayed with WB Pirates, while other three joined Roger for a time
I wonder how Roger made him join

There are many possibilities:
  1. Roger challenged WB to a Davy Back Fight and took Oden after wining
  2. Toki told Oden that he should join Roger Pirates because she had a Prophecy (It's speculated she can see the future or some of it)
  3. Oden wanted to join Roger due to interest in Poneglyphs & Void Century that WB doesn't seem interested in (Roger's Final Journey)
  4. Oden was simply captured by Roger Pirates and only Neko/Inu managed to follow him while Izo failed and stayed with WB Pirates
  5. Oden's Journey with WB ended after they returned him & Toki to Wano, and then he joined Roger Pirates for a Second Adventure ... etc
Second thing to notice here, is how Shanks & Buggy talked about Success of WB, this explains WB's Bounty and Title as Strongest Man even during Roger's Time as revealed in Ace Novel & Databook, because simply WB was the Greatest Pirate at the time but then Roger became more Famous & got Title of Pirate King after his Last Journey, where he fought WB, face BM & Shiki and of course, reached Laugh Tale and found One Piece

It's also revealed that Shanks & Buggy were members of Roger Pirates at a very Young Age (Around 9-10 Years Old), which begs the questions of how did they join Roger Pirates, and again there are many possibilities:
  1. Just like Inu & Neko, they started their Adventure very young and Roger simply helped them
  2. Their Parents abandoned them or they were Orphans and Roger found them
  3. Important Father who died and left one of them (Or both if they are Brothers) in the care of Roger (This is your job, Theory guys)
  4. Roger liked them (Just like Shanks liked Young Luffy) but he let them join ..... etc
And let's not forgot that this confirms that Shanks was given Roger's Straw Hat at a very young, which suggests he most probably received it the moment he joined, so i wonder why did Roger give it to him ?
I mean, Shanks gave it to Luffy because he saw Roger in him and made a bet that Luffy would be next Pirate King
But who did Roger see in Shanks ??
Oda could have made Roger give his Hat to Shanks when he was gonna surrender and get executed which makes things very simple
However instead, Oda made sure to show us that Roger actually gave his hat to Shanks many years before Roger's Death, before he even started his Final Journey and before he learned about Poneglyphs
This Chapter simply increases the importance of Straw Hat so much

Next big reveal is about Toki, we learned that she was born 800 Years Ago and she is just 26 Years Old and she is looking for Wano
Her clothes and Oden's Comment on them clearly shows us that she is from Wano and that she left before (Most probably 800 Years Ago) and now she is trying to go back

So there are many questions, why did she leave ? why did she decide to return to it in the future ? and what time was she looking for ?
The fact that she left Wano, she traveled in time even though it means she will lose all her Closed Ones means that Wano was in a Bad Situation
And the fact that she traveled so much in the future, means that she isn't simply trying to return to Wano, she is looking for Wano in a certain Time
(For example, if u want to return to your Country and u can Travel in Time as much as u can, Few Years or even Dozens of years or let's say few hundreds are enough, but to travel to 800 Years in the future, that's simply too much, she is clearly looking for something aside from Wano)
And the fact that she wanted to jump 800 Years means she truly can see in the future hence why she chose this Period of Time

Toki could have saved herself 20 years ago, but she instead decided to die there, which means that whatever she was seeking, she already found,
But what did she find ? Oden ? Momo & Hiyori ? Roger ? One Piece ?
If she was looking for One Piece or Roger, she wouldn't be trying to go to Wano, and if she was looking for Oden, she wouldn't tell him to take her to Wano, so she obviously searching for something else, but we all know that nothing was achieved in Wano really
Whatever is going to happen, it's still didn't happen yet (We all know Luffy is the one to do it and Open Wano and reveal whatever is hidden in Wano)

However, the fact that Toki doesn't seem to have succeeded in doing/finding what she sought for and that she accepted Death before she do it, have a single explanation, she simply appointed a successor, someone who can continue her mission
That Person is pretty obvious, there is only one Character who resembles Toki, showed some weird behaviors and was really close to Toki
It's obviously none other than Hiyori
I still insist that Hiyori have now her Mother's DF and is trying to continue what her Mother once started and aimed for

Aside from this, we know that Oden was a Commander aboard WB Ship, and he already joined now and will leave them in short time, which means that WB had that Commander System since back then, suggesting that those Allied Captains were once Commanders and not just Regular Members

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hon stly there's so much to talk bout in this chapter, bt given my limited time i will cut out on most of it.
The chaoter was pretty good and i enjoyed it.
And, Oda clearly loves drawing Oden character given how he is drawing minute details about Oden since last few chapters. And impressing feat he held onto the chain for 3 days straight and only left to save Toki, ofcrs WB also sensed/realised it and went to help Oden later on.

The part that stood out to me, was WB calling Oden brother instead of son and compared him to himself, Kaidou n BM, that he wasn't someone who could follow others. That speaks for the potential Oden had and it is undoubtedly Top tier at this stage, and the increased possibility of him 1 vs 1 overwhelming Kaidou n scarring him, and Orochii betraying him.
It had already separated Oden from all other FMs in Onepiece crews bt maybe Rayleigh n Zoro.

And let's not forgot that this confirms that Shanks was given Roger's Straw Hat at a very young, which suggests he most probably received it the moment he joined, so i wonder why did Roger give it to him ?
I mean, Shanks gave it to Luffy because he saw Roger in him and made a bet that Luffy would be next Pirate King
But who did Roger see in Shanks ??
Oda could have made Roger give his Hat to Shanks when he was gonna surrender and get executed which makes things very simple
However instead, Oda made sure to show us that Roger actually gave his hat to Shanks many years before Roger's Death, before he even started his Final Journey and before he learned about Poneglyphs
This Chapter simply increases the importance of Straw Hat so much
@bold part, it would have created inconsistencies if that had happened. If Roger had this hat until last years of his life, everyone would be aware of this hat, makin it importance known to everyone who had seen Roger. But in canon we only see Luffy being connected to Shanks, when this hat is mentioned, even by characters like WB or Marines(including Garp who has no ckue bout this hat).

Shanks receiving hat early on, explains why only the core members of Roger and who had known him start, knows about the hat and not others. So Shanks who had this hat since start is what people link Luffy to when they encounter this hat.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@bold part, it would have created inconsistencies if that had happened. If Roger had this hat until last years of his life, everyone would be aware of this hat, makin it importance known to everyone who had seen Roger. But in canon we only see Luffy being connected to Shanks, when this hat is mentioned, even by characters like WB or Marines(including Garp who has no ckue bout this hat).

Shanks receiving hat early on, explains why only the core members of Roger and who had known him start, knows about the hat and not others. So Shanks who had this hat since start is what people link Luffy to when they encounter this hat.
Roger was a Famous Pirate even 40 years ago and he helped Garp defeat Rocks Pirates 38 years ago (When Shanks was a newborn Baby)
So the likes of Garp & WB & Old Era definitely knew Roger had that hat with him

And the reason i said Oda made sure that Roger give hat to Shanks at a young age was to highlight Roger's intentions
This Chapter shows us that Roger entrusted his Hat to Shanks the moment he recruited him which begs the question, why ?
My point is that Roger didn't give the Hat because he got sick or he was gonna surrender or knew he is going to die
He gave the hat before he even started his last Journey which definitely suggests there is something Special about Shanks

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Probably the funniest chapter in years! Oda you are the tru goat

I hope this flashback lasts 100 chapters

ARE YOU FOOKIN SERIOUS!!!! WHITEBEARD CALLS HIM BROTHER!????? :sponge:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Let alone the EEEEEEEGHH Moments, it was a fun chapter. As said, so much new info in 1 chapter; it is mind blowing. Seeing all the history drawn together by one character of the name Oden, I really get why he was colored black all along.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Roger was a Famous Pirate even 40 years ago and he helped Garp defeat Rocks Pirates 38 years ago (When Shanks was a newborn Baby)
So the likes of Garp & WB & Old Era definitely knew Roger had that hat with him

And the reason i said Oda made sure that Roger give hat to Shanks at a young age was to highlight Roger's intentions
This Chapter shows us that Roger entrusted his Hat to Shanks the moment he recruited him which begs the question, why ?
My point is that Roger didn't give the Hat because he got sick or he was gonna surrender or knew he is going to die
He gave the hat before he even started his last Journey which definitely suggests there is something Special about Shanks
Oh yes silly me. :pepeban:
Yes, Roger must have seen something in Shanks, their bond must have also been somewhat special/different to give him his Hat at such early stage. It could also be just like how Shanks gave it to Luffy tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom