Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 972
Title: To Be Added

SCANS

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 972 QUICK SUMMARY

Reason behind Oden's weird behavior for the past 5 years has been spread across the folks and the people are starting to understand him.
Oden puts down a flag of his own.
"If i can endure through this boiling execution, I want to open up this country."
Oden, "From the distant past, it was the Kozuki family that seals the country from the outside world. This is to protect Wano from "certain strong power". Wano.. no, not just Wano, the whole world is waiting for a certain someone! When the certain someone shows up after crossing through 800 years, Wano needs to be a country that can welcome and assist this certain person."
Oden, "But i will be honest, they will definitely kill me today, so i hope all of you can help me open up Wano to the world."
Oden endures through the hour, everyone was very happy.
Orochi, "I just changed my mind a minute ago. It will be changed to a shooting execution. And this applies to his whole family."
Oden throws out the nine scabbards with all his might. He wants them to escape and do not turn back, help him realize his dream of opening up the country.
Kaido, "No matter what, your body has been dead. For the last compassion, I will be the one who execute you."
Kaido, "Your honorable death will be passed on by the rest."
Oden, "Even if I am forgotten, that's fine. My soul will forever live on."
Kaido, "Sorry about the old lady for I have already killed her."
Oden, "I hope you give your best to become stronger.."
Kaido executed him when Oden was still saying his words. The folks helps him finish his words.
Oden falls in the boiler, dying with a smile on his face.
Curtain closes, the next main character take stage.
Upon receiving the obituary of Oden, Toki opens up a letter left by Oden which was kept in a drawer.
Oden, "Toki, I am already at my peak. If i couldn't defeat Kaido, this means that at this point of time, there is no one else can defeat him. 20 years in the future, the world is probably gonna experience "a giant war" that can split the sea. Which means that, in 20 years, the main character of "the giant war" will come into the new world, the one that can defeat Kaido will be them. Wano will go on a very very long winter, when the time comes, i hope you can use your power. If i die........"
Halfway through the letter, Toki tears the letter up..
Story continues in the current timeline!!

courtesy: @Lance Dragonite

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great spoiler!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I wonder if we are gonna get a summary of what happened to Raizo, Momonosuke, Kinemon and Kanjuro between getting sent into the future and meeting the Strawhats at Punk Hazard or if that will be saved for later?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Reason behind Oden's weird behavior for the past 5 years has been spread across the folks and the people are starting to understand him.
"If i can endure through this boiling execution, I want to open up this country."
Oden, "From the distant past, it was the Kozuki family that seals the country from the outside world. This is to protect Wano from "certain strong power". Wano.. no, not just Wano, the whole world is waiting for a certain someone! When the certain someone shows up after crossing through 800 years, Wano needs to be a country that can welcome and assist this certain person."
Oden, "But i will be honest, they will definitely kill me today, so i hope all of you can help me open up Wano to the world."
Orochi, "I just changed my mind a minute ago. It will be changed to a shooting execution. And this applies to his whole family."
Oden throws out the nine scabbards with all his might. He wants them to escape and do not turn back, help him realize his dream of opening up the country.
Kaido, "No matter what, your body has been dead. For the last compassion, I will be the one who execute you."
Kaido executed him when Oden was still saying his words. The folks helps him finish his words.
Upon receiving the obituary of Oden, Toki opens up a letter left by Oden which was kept in a drawer.
Oden, "Toki, I am already at my peak. If i couldn't defeat Kaido, this means that at this point of time, there is no one else can defeat him. 20 years in the future, the world is probably gonna experience "a giant war" that can split the sea. Which means that, in 20 years, the main character of "the giant war" will come into the new world, the one that can defeat Kaido will be them. Wano will go on a very very long winter, when the time comes, i hope you can use your power. If i die........"

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Magazine cover page and the color spread.

Rough translation of the Hiyori pannel: (Rough translation - "You are going to make fun of me if I cry, right?""We are not your weak point !!""Look at the future in 20 years, Oden !!!""And the story continues its course in the present !!!")
[automerge]1582040426[/automerge]
@Lemonade This is for you! :dogkek:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Reason behind Oden's Dances is spread across the People and they start to understand him
Oden: "If i can endure this Execution, i want to Open this Country"
Oden continues: "It was the Kozuki Family who sealed the Country from Outside World in distant Past, this was done to Protect It from certain "Strong Power" !!! Wano... No! not just Wano, the whole World is waiting for certain Someone! when He appears after crossing 800 Years, Wano needs to be Prepared to Welcome & Assist this Person. But i will be honest with you, they will definitely Execute me Today, so i hope all of you can Help Me Open Wano to the World"

Oden endures for the entire Hour of Execution & everyone seems Happy however Orochi says that he changed his mind last Minute and decided to change it into a Shooting Execution! and this applies to Whole Family.
Oden throw the Nine Scabbards away with all his Might, he wants them to Escape & not turn back, and try to help him realize his Dream

Kaido: "Not Matter what, your Body is already done for. For the last Compassion, i will be the one who Execute you, your Honorable Death will be passed on by the Rest" ......... Oden: "Even if i'm forgotten, that's fine, My Soul will forever live on"
Kaido continues: "Sorry about the Old Lady, for i have already Killed her" (Apparently because she helped him Win which is dishonorable)
Oden: "I hope you try your best to become Stronger...." but he is Killed by Kaido before he finishes his Words, the Folks help finish them

Oden falls in the Boiler, Dying with a Smile on his Face !!!
Curtain closes, "The Next Main Character takes Stage"
Upon receiving the Obituary of Oden, Lady Toki opens up a Letter left by Oden which was kept in a Drawer

"Toki, I am already at my Peak. If i couldn't Defeat Kaido, this means that at this point of time, there is no one else can Defeat Him. 20 Years in the Future, the World is probably gonna Experience "a Huge War" that can Split The Sea. Which means that, in 20 Years, the Main Character of "Giant War" will come into the New World, the one that can Defeat Kaido will be them. Wano will go on a very very long Winter, when the time comes, i hope you can use your Power. If i Die........"

Story continues in the Present Timeline

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I bet Oda end the chap with Toki sending them in the future
This has become quite boring for me
It ends with Toki reading Oden letter. But its finally the end of the flashback.

It also strengthen again the idea of Luffy being the reincarnation of JoyBoy. And also almost completly debunked the Toki traitor theory.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This chapter confirms not even the 20 years were chosen by Toki it was Odens plan from the beginning. So she actually die what Oden told her. Might be a biased point of view, because I was never a fan of that idea.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This chapter confirms not even the 20 years were chosen by Toki it was Odens plan from the beginning. So she actually die what Oden told her. Might be a biased point of view, because I was never a fan of that idea.
In both these Last Two Chapters, Orochi was prepared to kill All Scabbards & Family of Oden & Shinbou proved herself as Loyal
Which strengthen the idea i mentioned that there is No Traitor at all

In Last Panel, this is what Toki says:
"You are going to make Fun of me if i Cry, right? We are not your Weak Point !! Look at the Future in 20 Years, Oden !!!"
Combine this with Prophecy she gave Orochi, it's perfectly safe to assume she could have Future Knowledge Ability

And let me ask you something else, can you Name one thing that Confirms Toki died? Her Death isn't shown in Flashback neither is her Backstory, Momo & those who Traveled in Time didn't Witness her Death, Inu, Neko,Ashura & Denjiro weren't Present & Kawamatsu never said anything about Toki's Death. Not to mention the Mystery around Hiyori's (& How she Faked her Death), the Scar that Toki had which Oda definitely showed us on Purpose

The Theory was never about Toki = Traitor, it was about Toki putting things in motion for Alliance's Sake
I always said that Inurashi was my Top Suspect among Scabbards and gave countless Reasons why
If you go check the Incident when Toki got Injured, it's said that when Kin'emon & others went to attack Orochi, Kaido's Forces attacked the Castle & tried to kill Momo but thankfully Inurashi & Kawamatsu were there to fight them and Toki got Injured

What if actually Toki did this on Purpose to stop Kin'emon & others Attack because they would have died! and she explained her Plan to Kawamatsu & Inurashi (This would also explain why Oda made sure that Momo & Hiyori are not present when Kin'emon told about this Incident), she also decided that Oden needs to die for Prophecy to be fulfilled and Events need to happen the way they are happening

This is the reason Inurashi & Nekomamushi fought each other after Oden's Death, it was because Inurashi got so emotional and confessed what Toki told him, and this made them both Fight for what they believe is True (Inurashi trusting Toki "Loyal Dog" & Neko getting so angry because they let Oden die). While Kawamatsu took care of Hiyori (This is also the Reason, Oda made sure that Inu & Neko are not Present at same time during these Wano Present Events)

Without need to continue, this Theory exists because it would explain why All Scabbards are fighting seriously, all of them are targeted by Orochi & Kaido, all of them were gonna be Executed, all of them were So Loyal & they all Cried & Bled & faced Death & helped a lot & even Orochi doesn't seem to know who is providing all the Info. So saying any of them is Traitor makes the Guy look like American Psycho !!!

That's why, the only way to explain this is if there is No Traitor at all and everything is Planned
Especially since the Leaks started before Oden even returned to Wano & resumed long after his Death, so the Leaker either is Extremely Loyal to Orochi or isn't actually a Traitor as i explained before, and it can't be the first because as we have seen, All Scabbards were going to die & get executed & none of them benefitted from this Treason nor does Orochi seem to know exactly who he is + Kaido had no trouble killing that Kurozumi Old Lady so Orochi doesn't really care about his Family or anyone really

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It ends with Toki reading Oden letter. But its finally the end of the flashback.

It also strengthen again the idea of Luffy being the reincarnation of JoyBoy. And also almost completly debunked the Toki traitor theory.
The traitor is kanjuro

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
20 years? Looks like Oden used up what he knew or learnt from that travel with Roger. Could it be that in Raftel, there's a letter of prophecy which noted that in 820 years, a reincarnate of the fallen heroes of the past will occur.

Roger said, we were born too early.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
20 years? Looks like Oden used up what he knew or learnt from that travel with Roger. Could it be that in Raftel, there's a letter of prophecy which noted that in 820 years, a reincarnate of the fallen heroes of the past will occur.

Roger said, we were born too early.
If that's true then there should be something alluding to in in chapter 820. That's just how Oda works.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 972
Title: To Be Added

SCANS

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 972 QUICK SUMMARY

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great spoiler!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Wait Kaido was sympathetic to Oden and killed that Kurozumi hag???
[automerge]1582078423[/automerge]
Wait i think Kaido's refering to Hyogoro wife. Crap. Well at least he showed a sympathetic side to Oden. Not sure whether he means it

Last edited:

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If that's true then there should be something alluding to in in chapter 820. That's just how Oda works.
He figured out a way to elude his own cliché.
I dunno guys it might be there... 820 has them talking about how the minks were with Roger and Whitebeard (which is what this whole flashback was about), but we also see Luffy hearing voices again. Also we see that Nami has been reassured she has not lost her way because they haven't been following the logpose... AND we got more details about the fight Marco had with Blackbeard.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hope this will also be the end of the flashback :weirdpeep:
From the spoilers so far, do you believe there's still a scabbard traitor? I'm feeling conflicted and desperately want to return to the present story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom