Spoilers One Piece Chapter 973 Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I was suspecting Denjiro to be Kyoshiro and my mind is still somehow blown. :dogkek:
It's because on the manner in which it was revealed.. Oda is bitch..
is there a proper translation yet? It looked to me like the spirit of Denjiro took over that body and it had something do with his devil fruit. He has the ability to transfer things or whatever it exactly is.
DF ability would be interesting.. I wonder what that is..

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Scabbards may all be indebted to Oden and looking to fulfill Oden's last request to open Wano's borders...but who says they're all planning to go about it the same way? And as Ashura once said, his loyalty was sworn to Oden and none other...so who knows if every Scabbard is on board with backing Momo in particular.

We've got multiple instances of supposed allies working on the same side shown working at cross purposes throughout this arc, so it wouldn't surprise me if it were revealed that each and every Scabbard in some way, shape, form, unwittingly or not, did something to "betray" their cause by shooting themselves in the foot. Watch a big argument ensue and cracks begin to form as the Scabbards begin turning their frustrations out on each other with accusations flying everywhere; in short, a breakdown of trust owing to lack of communication and faith, factors which arguably led to Oden's own downfall as well.

So yeah, they may have the same overall goal in mind, but could be they may not ultimately see eye-to-eye on the particulars.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Still can't get over the fact that Denjiro made Hiyori be the lover of the guy who usurped and killed his father to protect her. And in the night he goes perverted ninja style out to feed the poor risking everything.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kyoushiro: This face that has been possessed/taken over by the demon known as "Rage", I'm sure even Kinemon and the others won't be able to recognize it...!!!

there was no plastic surgery nor a mask.. Shit..
Something I posted over at arlong park

Hard to say for sure, but could be Oda's playing with the idea of a person's appearance being subject to change based on one's emotional state and experiences. In Denjiro's case, his rage may literally be giving him the appearance of a demon, as per the classic Japanese cultural trope.

Just one of many instances throughout this arc calling attention to how different characters can look in any given moment.
Compare with Yasu's drastic change in looks over the years...Urashima's fury giving him a frightening appearance, compared to that of a demon in the eyes of onlookers...the duality of Hiyori and Komurasaki...even Franky's commentary on Sanji's fucked up face post-beatdown courtesy of Nami haha

Masks, deception, transformation, roleplaying, alter-egos, change, emotions, demons, shapeshifting, identity....many elements and themes that all tie together.

So yeah, I could see Denjiro's rage having warped his appearance in a mind-over-matter fashion as if he were some human-turned-yokai in some Japanese fairytale. In a world where Rokushiki/haki users can manipulate their bodies at will, it's really not too farfetched when you think about it. I
n fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up tying into a potential future skill upgrade on the part of Mr. Emotional himself, Sanji. Not only can he mold other's faces, I'm thinking the Strawhats' resident 007 will learn how to naturally reshape his own facial features, given how malleable they've proven to be under the onslaught of Nami and others' fists lol.
[automerge]1583498807[/automerge]
Still can't get over the fact that Denjiro made Hiyori be the lover of the guy who usurped and killed his father to protect her. And in the night he goes perverted ninja style out to feed the poor risking everything.
Big reason why I think this may come back to bite him if Hiyori has different ideas about her role in the Kozuki revenge plot. All that talk of raising Komurasaki right as one would a flower using clean water blah blah...but what Denjiro and Toki have ultimately done is taint Hiyori's life by placing such a burden upon Hiyori's shoulders when you get right down to it, to serve as little more than a tool for revenge or some backup brood mare for extending the Kozuki lineage.

Some may see it as a necessary sacrifice, but I'm betting Hiyori has different ideas.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kyoshiro being Denjiro isn't what we should discuss now, everyone expected this anyway
The real question is, if Denjiro was so close to Orochi all this time & his most Loyal Servant, how come he doesn't know who the Traitor is?!
I mean the guy is basically Orochi's Right Hand Man, Yakuza Leader, a Scabbard & Witching Hour Boy, there is no way someone who can maintain these Four Roles can't know about Traitor who is helping Orochi

There are Three Possibilities:

1. Denjiro does know who the Traitor is but won't reveal it (At least not yet, perhaps he is trying to stop him in Secret)
2. Not even Orochi know who the Traitor is
3. Denjiro is actually working with the Traitor and they have their Reasons

I doubt it's the second one, simply because Kaido & Orochi seem to trust this Traitor Info so much that they were ready to move all their Army based on his Leaks, and i don't see how Kaido & Orochi can do that if the identity of Traitor was a Mystery to them too

So it's the other two possibilities and Denjiro most probably knows who Traitor is, the real question is what he is doing about it?
I would like to hear your reasoning as to why option #2 is so unlikely in more detail.

I would think that Orochi and Kaido don't trust each other 100%, at least that's what I'm gathering from Kaido having the old lady killed. It would make sense for kaido to have someone outside of Orochi's knowledge checking on the situation of things. Before I thought Kaido was just too strong to feel threatened by anything but we have yet to hear Orochi talk about this traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom