Chapter Discussion One Piece - Chapter 977: The Party Won't Start now

Rate the Chapter

  • Awesome

    Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Great

    Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Good

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Average

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    21
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
2,972
Points
2,950
Salty Doubloons
2,063
Was good chapter...it look like Jinbei and crew managed to escape...
[automerge]1586539283[/automerge]
And felt bad for Kidd's crew...seems like they were all forced to eat SMILE
 
Messages
200
Reaction score
536
Points
3,000
Salty Doubloons
281
A Youtuber called Black Leg Vinsmoke just made a theory about Gin being the flying 6 (the guy walking at the very front), because how similar their shoes & pants are. Gin did say that he look forward to meet Luffy again in the Grand Line.

Wouldn't that be cool if Gin is really there?
He was matched equally against Sanji way back then, so he's definitely more than capable of becoming a Flying 6 years later.
I don't want to get my hopes up for seeing Gin again, I remember when some people made theories about Gin coming back during the WCI arc for the tea party and it never happened. I would love to see Gin again along with Krieg and if Gin really is back and is now a member of the Beasts Pirates as a flying six that would be really cool, but like I said I don't want to get my hopes up so I'm keeping my expectations very low.

And felt bad for Kidd's crew...seems like they were all forced to eat SMILE
They didn't eat SMILEs, in the previous chapters Heat and Wire were not smiling and laughing and notice how in this chapter they have the same laughter style as Killer.
 
Messages
109
Reaction score
212
Points
2,700
Salty Doubloons
626
I can't lay my guess on Gin here.. Gin's shoes are more round at the front while the front shoes are more edged at the front. Don't forget, that Gin has a trauma of Mihawk and the Grand line and it's quite hard to travel the New World without being noticed. It has to be hinted on more chapters etc. to convince me of that idea. :confused::datea:
 

Ranger

The Driven
Messages
1,266
Reaction score
7,927
Points
8,200
Salty Doubloons
20,632
I didn't notice Page One in the flying 6...

although we didn't actually get to see them :(
Oda y u doo

but I'm pretty certain that the guy Luffy took out was a Number.
 
Messages
15,328
Reaction score
45,316
Points
33,800
Salty Doubloons
640
I didn't notice Page One in the flying 6...

although we didn't actually get to see them :(
Oda y u doo

but I'm pretty certain that the guy Luffy took out was a Number.
Did we see pageone in human form? But even if we did, I am pretty sure the fool was the demoted.. Lol

Number? I don't think so. Oda is hyping those biggies so I don't wanna settle them within that bracket when Luffy knocked him down in base form.
 
Messages
1,042
Reaction score
5,744
Points
7,300
Salty Doubloons
3,259
Great chapter . Straw Hats being care free as always . And others being shocked at that . However Law's plan now has evolved further with him compensating for their foolhardiness .
Kinemon was called out again . Then he wanted to share some blame with Luffy ,that was hilarious . Either Denjiro is also very oblivious or he was pulling Kinemon's leg in his own way.
Kaido' son and flying six cliffhanger is too much . Should have revealed at least one .
 

Ranger

The Driven
Messages
1,266
Reaction score
7,927
Points
8,200
Salty Doubloons
20,632
Did we see pageone in human form? But even if we did, I am pretty sure the fool was the demoted.. Lol

Number? I don't think so. Oda is hyping those biggies so I don't wanna settle them within that bracket when Luffy knocked him down in base form.
Oh you're right we never did see him in human form. Idk why he would be demoted Sanji never defeated him. He just didn't capture Sanji so maybe that would warrant a demotion, but idk.
 
Messages
15,328
Reaction score
45,316
Points
33,800
Salty Doubloons
640
Oh you're right we never did see him in human form. Idk why he would be demoted Sanji never defeated him. He just didn't capture Sanji so maybe that would warrant a demotion, but idk.
What if he is Kaido's son. Rheres no rsn for him to be demoted
 

Ranger

The Driven
Messages
1,266
Reaction score
7,927
Points
8,200
Salty Doubloons
20,632
What if he is Kaido's son. Rheres no rsn for him to be demoted
inb4 Luffy one shot Kaido's son this chapter

inb4 Oda couldn't figure out how Luffy would be able to defeat Kaido this arc so he is introducing Kaido's son for Luffy to defeat instead :pepecute:
 
Messages
545
Reaction score
1,823
Points
6,050
Salty Doubloons
6,222
I love how Chopper, Usopp and Nami just hide :pepelaugh:

As usual the trio cowards are the only ones who don't dare to do the crazy things 😂
 
Messages
41
Reaction score
125
Points
950
Salty Doubloons
67
So both Yonkos will be defeated in Wano or only Kaido and BM in Elbaf?
 
Messages
828
Reaction score
4,227
Points
7,650
Salty Doubloons
3,049
Luffy and Kid are approximately two idiots... good to know. :dogkek:

Great chapter for moving the story forward, as Luffy's crew charges in, Kid's crew is a little bit behind, and everyone else works out a strategy for getting inside that takes all of that into account. We also get a below-the-knee tease of the Tobi Roppo... hoping that the next chapter goes into revealing who they are. :tmm:

Oh yeah, and Kaido casually mentions his son... alright. :sleep:
 

novaselinenever

Best Dad!
Messages
2,060
Reaction score
3,995
Points
5,300
Salty Doubloons
19,359
No chapter this week.
The schedule isn't looking very good for the next few weeks with Covid-19 causing an unplanned break, and Golden week coming up as well.

Chapter 977 will be out officially on Sunday 12/Monday 13. The current one
Chapter 978 will be out officially on Sunday 26/Monday 27.
Chapter 979 will be out officially on May, Sunday 10/Monday 11.

A break after each chapter, and that's not accounting for any Oda break. That'll probably come after 979 :pepehands:

Source
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom