Also Jinbei - Robin Combo against BM :pepeexcited:

But more importantly Franky stands his man like Brook back in WCI:pepeking:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Neither Carrot nor Yamato :pepethinking:
[automerge]1599121361[/automerge]
Also Jinbei - Robin Combo against BM :pepeexcited:

But more importantly Franky stands his man like Brook back in WCI:pepeking:
Most importantly, Sanji tanked King's beak!!!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Personally i am done with big mom as character. Seriously robin ?

I am seriously questioning odas decision with big mom entry in this arc. If she came to this war to only get humilated by likes of franky , robin . I feel oda is heading wrong path.

Eitherway last panel looks great we have everyone assembled .

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Offtopic.
I dont like choppers design since timeskip.
He looked better in his human form.
I understand that he no longer has to go in to that form because he now has friends but still haha.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Offtopic.
I understand that he no longer has to go in to that form because he now has friends but still haha.
I like his reindeer form best. It's so cuddly! 🥰
Though he only uses that form to help Nami.
Kung fu chopper is to poofy 😆

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Not all of the Strawhats are assembled in that panel as Sanji is missing too. I know he's invisible but still.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Not all of the Strawhats are assembled in that panel as Sanji is missing too. I know he's invisible but still.
Who is that good looking guy between Nami and Brook :pepethinking:
[automerge]1599132661[/automerge]
Offtopic.
The Humanform has changed too, but seems like Kungfu point is more useful. :pepethinking:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think OP Fans simply don't understand Big Mom's Character, that's why they criticize her
Not all Characters are written the same way, there are some who look cool & untouched & serious when fighting such as:
Admirals, Katakuri, Shanks, Mihawk, Rayleigh .... etc
We definitely cannot imagine these characters being humiliated by the likes of Franky, Brook & Robin .... etc

But Oda also loves another type of Characters, those who can be careless & made fun of but can take ton of damage & always return stronger such as: Big Mom, Moriah, Blackbeard & even Luffy himself .... etc

It was also made clear during Luffy vs Katakuri Fight that it doesn't matter how much Damage you take or how much you get humiliated, what matters is how you return & how the fight ends

This is why for example, Oda made tons of Characters manage to attack Big Mom in WCI & annoy her even more but at the end of the Arc, what was the last Panel? Big Mom completely fine asking everyone against her if they choose Life or Death

Same thing for Blackbeard vs Ace, when the fight started, BB was being thrown left & right, in pain from multiple fire attacks & down on the ground, at the end what Panel was shown? Blackbeard standing up just fine & laughing while Ace on his knees struggling & then they had that final Clash where BB won

My point is that Oda have two different Categories of Fighters, and Luffy, BM, Blackbeard ... etc are in the same Category & in this one, Oda doesn't hold back on how much they get attacked & humiliated & damaged, because they always return & that's their charm.
While the other Category that includes likes of Admirals & Katakuri & Mihawk ... etc they are treated differently & damaging them is drawn with extreme carefulness

Personally i really like Big Mom's Character, she is like an Unstoppable Monster that children can annoy & toy with but can never defeat & she always returns angrier, this makes her different than the other Yonko & Top Tiers & i love this Variety

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Personally i really like Big Mom's Character, she is like an Unstoppable Monster that children can annoy & toy with but can never defeat & she always returns
My theory on why Big Mom seems so "weak" is because her Devil Fruit is based on fear of her hence "life or death" and you get sucked away no matter what. But Strawhats don't give a f*ck and intimidation doesn't work on them. I mean she's been queen pirate for... 30 years (?) Everyone just too scared to try her. Or she married the troublemakers to tie them to her.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Who is that good looking guy between Nami and Brook :pepethinking:
[automerge]1599132661[/automerge]

The Humanform has changed too, but seems like Kungfu point is more useful. :pepethinking:
Ok I wasn't expecting to see him without his raid suit already :ROFLMAO: . Did King render it completely useless for the remainder of the battle?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ok I wasn't expecting to see him without his raid suit already :ROFLMAO: . Did King render it completely useless for the remainder of the battle?
King couldn't do any harm Sanji and Raidsuit.
Sanji with Raidsuit is like Big Mom, Kaidou or Oden. :weirdpeep:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think OP Fans simply don't understand Big Mom's Character, that's why they criticize her
Not all Characters are written the same way, there are some who look cool & untouched & serious when fighting such as:
Admirals, Katakuri, Shanks, Mihawk, Rayleigh .... etc
We definitely cannot imagine these characters being humiliated by the likes of Franky, Brook & Robin .... etc

But Oda also loves another type of Characters, those who can be careless & made fun of but can take ton of damage & always return stronger such as: Big Mom, Moriah, Blackbeard & even Luffy himself .... etc

It was also made clear during Luffy vs Katakuri Fight that it doesn't matter how much Damage you take or how much you get humiliated, what matters is how you return & how the fight ends

This is why for example, Oda made tons of Characters manage to attack Big Mom in WCI & annoy her even more but at the end of the Arc, what was the last Panel? Big Mom completely fine asking everyone against her if they choose Life or Death

Same thing for Blackbeard vs Ace, when the fight started, BB was being thrown left & right, in pain from multiple fire attacks & down on the ground, at the end what Panel was shown? Blackbeard standing up just fine & laughing while Ace on his knees struggling & then they had that final Clash where BB won

My point is that Oda have two different Categories of Fighters, and Luffy, BM, Blackbeard ... etc are in the same Category & in this one, Oda doesn't hold back on how much they get attacked & humiliated & damaged, because they always return & that's their charm.
While the other Category that includes likes of Admirals & Katakuri & Mihawk ... etc they are treated differently & damaging them is drawn with extreme carefulness

Personally i really like Big Mom's Character, she is like an Unstoppable Monster that children can annoy & toy with but can never defeat & she always returns angrier, this makes her different than the other Yonko & Top Tiers & i love this Variety
Context matters, that's the difference for example; Buggy was able to avoid Akainu's attacks, Mihawk couldn't cut Buggy, Crocodile blocked Mihawk, Crocodile cut/stopped Akainu, Squard stabbed Whitbeard etc. Those things aren't humiliating because of context, strong characters can be handled by weake characters and that's normal. If Oda wants to make fun of some characters then good for him I have nathing against it, Big Mom is comedic based character, she should be funny by her nature. The problem with Big Mom is context "Oda doesn't do this because he wants a funny scene, he does this because Big Mom is too strong" if Big Mom didn't have a hunger mode the strowhats will be dead, if Big Mom didn't have amnesia the strowhats will be dead, if Big Mom wasn't handled by Robin and Jinbe the strowhats will be dead etc. Oda needs those shenanigans to write his story because he wants two Yonko in one arc when no one can defeat one Yonko needless to say two at the same time. Big Mom's shenanigans are necessity otherwise "again" the strowhats will be dead, that's just unpleasant reality of Oda's writing style and he's not as good as people think he is.

Oda knew that he would need to handle one of the Yonko through shenanigans while focusing on the other and he chose Big Mom for the obvious reasons, The strowhats are against two immensely strong characters so Oda needs to write the story in such a way that it can work in some way or another. "Big Mom's shenanigans will continue till the point when Kaido is defeated so that Oda can concentrate on Big Mom" since the alliance can't defeat two Yonko at the same time, but only one at ones. I only hope that Oda will not cross the limits of believability and tolerance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Context matters, that's the difference for example; Buggy was able to avoid Akainu's attacks, Mihawk couldn't cut Buggy, Crocodile blocked Mihawk, Crocodile cut/stopped Akainu, Squard stabbed Whitbeard etc. Those things aren't humiliating because of context, strong characters can be handled by weake characters and that's normal. If Oda wants to make fun of some characters then good for him I have nathing against it, Big Mom is comedic based character, she should be funny by her nature. The problem with Big Mom is context "Oda doesn't do this because he wants a funny scene, he does this because Big Mom is too strong" if Big Mom didn't have a hunger mode the strowhats will be dead, if Big Mom didn't have amnesia the strowhats will be dead, if Big Mom wasn't handled by Robin and Jinbe the strowhats will be dead etc. Oda needs those shenanigans to write his story because he wants two Yonko in one arc when no one can defeat one Yonko needless to say two at the same time. Big Mom's shenanigans are necessity otherwise "again" the strowhats will be dead, that's just unpleasant reality of Oda's writing style and he's not as good as people think he is.
I don't understand what changed the topic from Big Mom to Oda's Skills as a Writer, that's something subjective, there is nothing in it to discuss.
Yes each Character is different, if you want the Cool Badass Normal Looking Yonko, we have Shanks
If you want Pirate-Like Greedy Sly Yonko, we have Teach, if you want a Legendary Prideful Old Pirate, we have WB
We also have a Warmonger Unstoppable Monster that is Kaido & finally we have a Comedic Destroyer Old Witch that is BM

Each character is different & each one is handled differently, my post was mostly about people who downplay her
She isn't weak at all, Oda simply makes Characters different, after that Readers either like them or not, but this doesn't change how Strong they are

You mentioned Context, i agree Weaker Character can still fight & give trouble to way Stronger Characters if certain conditions are met and it won't be humiliating, but One Piece is a Comedy Drama, you think Sugar being knocked out from seeing Usopp's Weird Face is a Normal Serious Scene? Or Perona handling Monster Trio on her own but Usopp defeats her? Or Luffy having an Extreme Diff fight with Foxy?

You also mentioned how Big Mom always gives excuses as to how SHs survive against BM but you need to understand her Role first.
If she was the Main Fight of WCI or Wano then i would agree with you, her conditions are so convenient but she is literally just a walking Bomb in two Arcs. In WCI Luffy's main fight was against Katakuri, Big Mom was just a Catastrophe that happened similar to Alabasta Bomb or Enies Lobby Buster Call or Dressrosa Birdcage ... etc
And again in Wano, she isn't the Main Focus neither, not even her Crew is with her, she is just alone there being again portrayed as just an Obstacle, Oda isn't trying to write her Role as a Fighter, he is writing her as a King Kong or a Bomb as i said, that's why it doesn't harm to give her so many restrictions & let multiple Characters survive against her

However when Oda portrays someone as a Fighter, that's a different story, check the Villains: Enel, Doffy, Lucci or Katakuri or Crocodile ... etc
Against them it's our Protagonists that gets Humiliated & they are always being Hyped & taken very seriously until they are Defeated

So i advice that for certain Elements/Characters in the Story to be judged & analyzed, their Roles must be understood first
Kaido & BM are literally equals & yet they are being treated differently this Arc, that's because their Roles & Purpose is different.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It’s not that she is a comical character. It’s convenient for Oda. He can’t give her a serious treatment most of the time because if he does, most of the mugi’s would be dead already.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Idk why people are more upset by Big Mom's fighting ability (she has been shown as less of a fighter and more of a invincible punching bag). People should be more upset that no Conquerors Haki is being used right now.

There are tons of fodder getting in the way so why not now? Especially with 2 Yonko and 2 Worst Generation captains. Someone has to flex to put the fodder in their place. Luffy declared war, Kaido accepted the challenge, Big Mom is furious at the SH's for messing up her fun, and Kid is furious with the fodder getting between him and Kaido. So what's the hold up?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Was sanji's raid suit destroyed or something? Why isn't he wearing it at the end panel? Also oh man, i can see the backlash this chapter is getting next week for the big mom portrayal. I dont see why its necessarily a problem though, she's supposed to be a goofy character and all jinbe really did was lift her. Not like shes hurt or anything

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Bah, you guys making me not able to take a nap...
How come it's all "Big Mom Big Mom" ? Why aren't you guys as focused on WHO put her down. Jinbei.
Just look at Jinbei's history! Guard in Neptune's army, Vice Captain with Fisher Tiger, Captain of the Sun Pirates, Shichibuki for at least 10 years, Friend (provisional commander in big raids/fights? Totally just hypothosising there) of Whitebeard for 20 years, worked under Big Mom for 2 years all while knowing that if Luffy asked he would join his crew so... if you were planning to break away from a Yonko wouldn't you find every weakness that person has and exploit it to better help later?
I will likely go on about this more if it keeps coming up 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom