• Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 998 Review:
-So close to chapter 1000... and wait, ancient types? Tobi Roppo chapter?
-Oh yeah, Onigashima was flying
-Chopper freaks out because of Marco's fire, angering Zoro and Brook
-Marco asks a simple question that snaps Chopper to his senses, and he explains the phenomenon to himself
-Miyagi and Tristan apparently came with the rest of the minks, makes sense, they were probably on standby in order to patch up the minks.
-Marco heals everyone, and explaining it further
-Queen casts doubt on Chopper's resolve as a doctor, the beginnings of being proven wrong
-Marco offers to take Zoro, Robin, and Brook to the roof
-The yakuza and samurai offer to protect Chopper
-Drake deals with Apoo, and his fruit is reintroduced
-Jinbe says he'll have to stay back on the fourth floor, the room is full of scratching posts... I wonder who's here. :dogkek:
-Franky vs. Sasaki really starting up... and he's a Triceratops.
-I'd heard thoughts that Sasaki might be a Triceratops, and while I thought it likely I made the prediction of an Ankylosaurus... purely because of preference. His dinosaur form looks cool though, so I'm okay with it.
-Sanji's legs are free and yet he is only running away. Given this setup I believe he will switch with someone else at some point.
-Black Maria is an ancient spider zoan and her reveal panel shows that the gifters under her are all snake women. I had guessed the Titanoboa because of a thought that those under her might be mostly snakes, so like Who's Who, there would be commonality between the leader and the subordinates. However, the spider also makes sense, as I had heard of the theory given she resembled a jorogumo. Also someone had to have made the web last chapter.
-The upper body Maria might be a silk dummy, or maybe spider zoans just work differently to other types of zoans.
-Who's Who is a sabretooth tiger, as I thought. So 1/3 I suppose. The cat crew have some interesting designs... wait one of them is a little mouse girl :dogkek:
-Jinbe prefers Helmsman of the Straw Hats (as he should)
-Tease of a connection between Who's Who and Jinbe, given that Jinbe was fairly infamous, this could be a misdirect (though not necessarily).
-Ulti and Page One reintroduced
-Yamato and Momo in a room with a ruined dragon statue.
-Ace in silhouette, Yamato begins to recall an event from years ago, and a hint of a fade to black borders...

Okay, so this was a great chapter to precede 999. We know all the tobi roppo's devil fruits now. It's likely that 999 will start with a minor flashback. I don't know what to expect from the next two chapters, but this time around I'll be making sure I don't even know the title before reading the official.

This was more or less my review of One Piece Chapter 998, thank you for reading if you chose to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom