Duel Shadows in the Dark on Fullaholes Island

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
J VS K

Jobymamushi had been passed out on her back for about 5 days after having successfully finished off her most fearsome opponent yet--the pirate named Blackbeard. Light finally returned to her eyes as she lifted herself up slowly and groggily off the mound of rubble and debris she had been napping on.
The Sky is so very very blue again... she thought to herself as she turned her gaze above. Her body felt so very strange.... everything was silent. She couldn't even hear her heart beating... but she could feel it--or rather was it that she could hear it but no longer feel it? The sensation was hard to describe. Everything and nothing all at once. An unknowable darkness hidden within an unknowable light.

She rubbed her head as she recalled the event of the battle. Kiki, Gochi, the komainu Kö, and herself had all inadvertently banded together and wiped the great Blackbeard Pirates off the face of the Earth. The image of Teach's mangled half dead body falling down from the heavens and straight into Joby's mouth, flashed before her mind's eye. She remembered the following crunch and wet popping sensation in her mouth fondly.

GRROWLWLWRRGGGLEEEEEEEEeeeeEEe.............

All this thinking about food was making the Giantess' stomach growl as awareness of her body returned to her once more and she began to come to terms with the reality of not having eaten anything in however many days it had been since she had passed out.

Looking around at her surroundings, the entire town of Pirates on Fullaholes Island had seemingly vacated the premises in the wake of their battle and the havoc they had wrought upon the place. The large skull-shaped megalith which had previously occupied the center of the island, had been replaced by a massive crater now entirely filled with sea water. The light from the sun shimmered gorgeously, dancing freely across the surface. Surrounding Fullaholes' newest hole, the various buildings which had made up the Pirates' Paradise, lay in ruin.

I'm starving... and there's nothing to eat here anymore.... what.... do I do?

and with that... like mana from heaven, Joby's eyes fell upon her answer.

"HEY PUPPY! THANKS FOR THE FUN BACK THERE! HEEHEE!" she cracked a toothy smile.

@Ranger

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Five long days... each passing cycle felt longer than the last. Lord... what... what have I done? Ko sat perched on a large stone remnant of the skull fortress overlooking the new lake in the center of the island. I've not been weary from the fight in over a day. I have no blood on my paws. He lifts and turns the leather prints upward to peer upon. Yet I feel something... wrong. Poking his nose up at the shimmering water before him, it would dazzle and engross the view of any normal man in its wonder. However, the beast could not help but shake the feeling that whatever he had just done to bring this land into the presence of God was only temporary. And that a greater and darker evil would somehow emerge from this. Ko shook his head side to side to try to get a grip and I can't remember a damned thing from that final day! "GROOOOA!" He banged one fist against his chest rapidly after letting out the roar, Excuse my curses, Lord. I know fate is not upon me to decided or to subject to my own will and earthly desires.

Then, the puzzling komainu's ear twitched. It was a growl of a different nature this time that he heard. More of a gutteral noise... Joby had awoken and her stomach with her. Ko turned to face the giantess and leapt off his vantage point to go check on his new friend face to face. God be good. The beast trotted up to the body of the colossal lady and listened to her words. "That fight was harder for you than it was me, my friend. You've been out for two days longer than I. And I've been out for three!" He held a worried expression over the giant, but happy at the same time. "The rest of your crew is either still resting or off fetching supplies from the island. Readying for your next voyage I assume. Pirates tend not to be the type to stick around in one place... and neither I..." Whatever this bad feeling is... maybe I just need to get back to Akira and Yoko. To check on them. Leaving them alone- no, no. They can take care of themselves can't they? They are strong. Perhaps this new alliance is the reason why the Lord brought me here. Perhaps all is well now on the isle of pirates and this creeping from hands of hell inside my mind is just a worried preparation for the task to come... Moriah.

The beast, stuck in thought would perk back up once more when a further response from the pirate captain came his way.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Jobymamushi's smile quickly pooted into a wrinkly 'smelling shit' type frown as she listened to the big doggy talk down to her.... maybe Ill just leave it alone and go find my meal somewhere else.... she had no idea where the others had run off to.

"Well... what's next for you then? I imagine you'll be on your way soon enough? Don't let me keep you. Thanks for lending a paw. Take care now... Piss off <3!"

Her memory was starting to come back.... and she was beginning to recall just how annoying the strange beast and its absurd religious fanaticism had been to her during their brief collaboration.

She looked around a little self-consciously, then
proceeded to remove her pointy eared head band, dust it off against the fabric of her sports bra top and place it back carefully upon her head.

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Heavens, I think I offended her. Ko *ruff!* got the giants attention as she turned away, "H-hold on a second, Joby!" I need to thank her and show here that I mean well. The komainu bows his head, a sign of respect in an unguarded pose, closing both eyes softly "I apologize if I came off as rude." The beast looks the giant in the eyes, "You are welcome for the help. It was the Lord's path that brought us to fight that villain together." he grins toothily with his lion fangs "and without our fellowship I believe that we certainly would have died!" A wrinkle in the fur above his sky-blue eyes showed worry. "So I thank you too! Sincerely." The beast was direct and fierce. "But you are right... I have friends that I need to get back to." Ko now turned to face the sea and the zombie infested land that await the pilgrim. "Even more importantly... another unholy foe lurks on that island ship I came from." His paws pressed into the soil and claws ripped down in anger, "I must defeat him" as if all his anger left and all that remained was purpose.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Jobymamushi stares off into space, completely bored and oblivious to what the small doggy in front of her was saying. She was disappointed to discover that a 30ft talking dog with a stick up its ass was not as engaging as she had hoped it would be.

OK THANKS.” She blurted out blankly in monotone. While no longer really paying attention, she felt oddly... ‘heavy’ after eating Black Beard... but at the same time she felt like she was completely famished!! What is this bizarre feeling? She wondered.

She looked up at the sky just beyond the obnoxiously formal komainu’s furry head, it was there that she spied a massive bird in the distance!

PERFECT!” She shouted as she attempted to shoot her gomu gomu arm straight at it to grab the little fucker out of the sky and roast it for dinner! But it was then that something completely unexpected happened...

Though Jobymamushi had intended to stretch her massive arm out toward the winged creature in the distance, instead, from the perspective of anyone witnessing the scene, the shadows in the crevices and wrinkles in the Giantess’ right hand began to flicker and spread wildly, as her hand became so black it appeared as if it had simply been ‘cut-out’ from space and replaced with complete nothingness in the mere shape of a hand. Dark smoke and dust like substances began to spin wildly about her outreached palm! Contrary to her intention, instead of her hand going to the bird—the bird was somehow pulled straight into her grasp by some invisible force at a terrifying speed! Once the bird, who’s eyes had literally popped out of its head and all of its feathers had fallen out due to the shock, laid contorted and glued to the clutches of her right hand of darkness, before simply being swallowed while and disappearing into her grasp!!!

But this was only from the perspective of everyone other than Jobymamushi herself. She had inadvertently consumed the devil fruit of the pirate her crew and the Komainu before her had defeated earlier. She had become a being of Darkness.

What was Darkness aside from the realms and forces beyond the world of the senses? Tell me, what does something that cannot be felt, seen, heard, smelled, or tasted look like? It looks like nothing.

But ‘nothing’ was no longer what it appeared to Joby as. In place of the terrifying nothingness which others perceived, and which she herself had witnessed when under the control of its previous user, Joby could only call what she ‘felt’ as...

Everything.

“Well that was weird. Did you see all those crazy lights and noise shoot out and grab that bird just now?” She asked her companion rather sheepishly as she scratched the red swollen lump on the top of her head.

@Ranger

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Joby still seemed mad. The pilgrim did not want to leave his new friend like this. He turned back to the giantess as she shouted "PERFECT" only to see a complete horror! The oozing darkness that the demon, Blackbeard, once used now shot out from the pirate captain before him. "Grrrr" Ko growled does this mean that Blackbeard is not yet defeated somehow? What in God's grace is happening? Then the bird warped down from the heavens and the pressure almost seemed to turn it inside out...

Ko stood dumbfounded at what he was witnessing. Joby ate the poor animal, putting it out of its missery. Though Ko thought not much about the circle of Life. What really bothered him was what the darkness did to the creature. Making it suffer. "JOBY YOU HAVE BEEN CURSED!" he barked forward. "God save you! Get away from her you damned darkness!" Ko tried to separate Joby from the black smog, but they were already entwined...

"Oh no... The darkness... it's within you! Somehow, defeating that foe must have transferred his evil power onto you. Quickly!" Ko held out a paw to the once rubbery lady, "we must pray to the LORD to free you from this satanic binding!" His expression was one of worry, doubt, pain, and expedience. His blue puppy-dog-lion eyes widened in his emotional gravity.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"we must pray to the LORD to free you from this satanic binding!"
Jobymamushi couldn't contain her immediate and visceral reaction to the giant komainu's expression of deep concern and the sense of duty her new friend conveyed toward her spiritual wellbeing!! The two of them had only known each other but for a small while--yet there the great regal beast stood, in all sincerity, trying to save Jobymamushi's eternal soul.

"That's O.K. I should get going now.... my crew is probably getting worried about me......"

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Denied of his handheld prayer session, Ko felt that his new friend was about to be lost. "Wait, wait! Joby hold on!" He ruffed as she began to move away. "Here I will just go ahead with the prayer for you if you don't wish to partake! But you really should try to sort this out before returning to your crew!"

Now the komainu sat up straight with both front paws centered at his chest, cupped over one another (well at least as much as a lion-dog could cup their "hands"). *ehem* "Ruff! Our father, I come to you this day similar to the other day, asking for your blessing. Please look over my new friend Joby who has been cursed by this great darkness. I pray that in your eternal goodness, LORD, you free Joby from this curse. This grave evil was something that we thought to be vanquished, but it appears it is something that is far stronger than I had imagined." he now bows his head into the ground and speaks something muffled. Then Ko raises his snout to the heavens, "I do not wish for her heart to meet the same damnation as the previous cursed!!!"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Joby felt she had a strange relationship to reality at times.
Her entire life could be charted in a history of missteps-- yet all her steps had always some how managed to take her places she enjoyed... She heard Kö chase her down and call out "Wait! Joby!" and his gravely voice which, after it had been used, Joby could never really remember if she'd heard the beast speak the words or bark them.
She stopped to think for a moment. It was funny. There she was, 80ft tall, not sure of much but the fact that she was a woman who had previously not been too sure of much outside of the fact that she was a monkey, now standing in the middle of nowhere stranded on an island with a giant beast of a dog--if you could call him that (you really couldn't) who was hellbent on some sort of even more absurd tangent than she was!
I really never thought this was going to be my life. She thought as she gazed up at the broad blue skies above Full of Lead Island, I wonder if Kö sees the same blue skies I do? "LORD, you free Joby from this curse. This grave evil was something that we thought to be vanquished--" Kö's audible graveling drifted back into the view of the giant's mind.
He went on and on, and Joby just smiled as she stared at him, a single bead of sweat, the size of a watermelon, began to slowly roll its way down the side of Joby's forehead. She gulped. It was a horribly awkward situation she found herself in.... Kö had been such a great help in killing Black Beard, but there was no way around it.

When Joby had turned to leave a moment ago.... she had seen, much to her dismay, that the Free and Easy was nowhere to be found!!! In fact, every single ship that had not been eviscerated in the wake of the destruction wrought upon the island in the days prior, had left port for safer shores. Except for one....
Looking at Kö now, Joby had an admittedly nervous complexion to her face.
Sigh.... what are the chances he'll just give me his ship out of the goodness of his heart?
She watched as Kö slammed his head into the dirt, prostrating himself before his "lord" and feverishly mumbling to himself in prayer...
Ugh... he's really not gonna be happy when I tell him I need to steal his ship...

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
*huh huh* Ko was speaking so fast that he was out of breath. The spirit closed his eyes and took a deep, soulful breath through his nose. I feel much better now. The air was salty and warm. It had a light taste of burnt wood from the ruined town, but also fresh crab from the beach.

He then looked to his giant friend, "Joby." Stern, but smiling, "We can do this!" somehow the beast had such control of himself that he sounded light-hearted now and gleeful! "Take the LORD into your heart and you will be saved from this damnation! It is the right thing to do. Trust me, friend." She hasn't said anything yet. I hope that the prayer made her think deeply. The curse must be trying to control her from within. But I trust in God and I trust that my words will have shone some light on this darkness.

The sea waves oscillated up and down the shore, but the rest of the island was silent.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
“Look here Kö, I’ve been a lot of things in this life, and countless more in the lives before that, but something I’m not—is a liar,” the giant rasped our in a somewhat horse voice before clearing her throat and proceeding, “We’re friends now so I’m gonna be straight with you.” Joby took a deep breath and waited until she was sure the komainu was listening closely.

“I’m taking your ship.”

Joby stared blankly at Kö, as if she had expected him to agree to the demand as plainly and simply as she had made it.... which she didn’t.

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ko listened carefully to his new friend, joby. The beast could tell how sincere she was and how there was still some annoyance that he was causing her. Well submitting yourself to the LORD is never easy. It will take time for anyone to surrender and see the light, he reassured himself.

The wano warrior wagged his rudder when he witnessed Joby calling him "friend". As the giant paused and caught the beast eye to eye, Ko felt the drama of something unexpected in the air. Somehow those smells from before started to fade away...

"wat?" Ko was completely taken aback at the request from the once rubbery willow. Although what he actually uttered was more of a "ruh?"

Joby's stare was blank at Ko and Ko's return stare was confusion and a feeling of disrespect. Nothing was said for another moment. But finally, the lion-dog awkwardly laughed at the situation that the two were now in. "ha ha-... Joby. Well... Well you see... I swam here." he finally bluntly retorted. "The LORD is my vessel. I know that you too will know no desire if you accept his holy light!" Ko tried to smile, but couldn't help still feel a bit irritated.

"You know, the way you said that was rather uncalled for. But I can forgive you if you ask the LORD for forgiveness."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"N-Nani!?! you said you SWAM here? From where?!" the giant roared!

Jobymamushi was so taken aback by the notion of someone having enough physical strength and endurance to swim all the way to such a secluded island.... How the hell did he find his way all the way here?! How is he planning on finding his way back!?

She had completely forgotten about the ship she had verbally commandeered a moment earlier. But she quickly snapped back to 'reality' and remembered she was just about on her way to leaving. All of the obstacles in her path had been removed and accounted for now!

"Well, I guess you don't really get a say in me taking that ship then YAAHAAHAA, Kay Bye!!" Joby pivoted on her heal and began to take a step toward the harbor before freezing dead in her tracks!
"--Ayaaaaah.... I just remembered I don't know how to sail." She had made the statement as if she had just discovered something rather important.

She began storming about violently cursing and kicking at the air and muttering loudly to herself, "stupid... stupid... fucking stupid god i'm gonna kill them, i'm gonna fucking kill them... stupid stupid stupid!!" She then sprang up straight and fell backwards like a plank with a loud and frustrated roar! But when the back of her head struck the ground bellow--she was shocked to feel excruciating pain shoot down her spine and rattle her brain!! Giant tears which could have filled a clawfoot bathtub each, began to gush from her eyes as she yelled out in pain,
"OWCH OWCH OWCH! WHAT THE HELL!! THAT HURTS! WHY DOES THAT HURT SO MUCH?! ARGHHHH!!!!!!! YAAHAAHAA!!! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?"

Joby flailed about wildly slamming her limbs against the rubble and earth, cursing and roaring all the while. She finally calmed down, stood up, looked at Kö awkwardly, before thinking for a moment and having an idea!

"O.K. I guess I'll walk to where I need to go..."

Joby took 4 giant steps over to the edge of what remained of the island, and then swung her right, fishnet clad, leg high above her head, with her mighty heal pointing straight into the heavens, some 100 ft above the ground. The rays of the sun sprang forth from behind her incredible silhouette which cast her in shadow... but the shadows deepened and deepened and again deepened some more, until it almost appeared as if the giant's very flesh was made of nothing but....nothingness.

A kind of 'light' erupted from below her, the source of which could not be perceived, and the darkness which had enshrouded Joby exploded straight up, ripping itself from her body and taking the form of a mighty tower, spinning inward on itself and stretching high into the blue sky, father than the eye could see!

Every muscle along the back of her extended leg contracted with an intent like the firing of a cannon! Her foot struck the earth in front of her like a sledgehammer! The darkness above, roared as it plummeted down to the earth, forming a single straight line of pure blackness out over the surface of the sea which stretched out into the horizon! As the waves swelled and the tide ebbed and flowed beside it, the darkness remained bizarrely undisturbed--llike the parts of ocean which came in contact with the overwhelming darkness were simply.... eaten.

Yami Yami no: Heaven's Bridge

Joby looked proudly at her accomplishment, cracked a big toothy smile, and began to stroll effortlessly across the path she had created for herself, which appeared to her own eyes and no one else's, as a road of light and color and music; a symphony of sensation.

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hmm? Yeah I swam from that nearby island. He responded non-nonchalantly as if it was not a troublesome task. Though surely Joby did not know that Thriller Bark had moved to close so Beehive Island.

As the woman began to leave, Ko once again tried to stop her, but he was getting less and less confident the more stubborn Joby seemed. "You should not yet go." Ko exclaimed, but then the now dark being turned around and clumsily forgot the most important part of sea travel... hmm yeah I suppose the ocean would be worrisome if you did not have faith in God. "That's alright! I don't really know how to sail either he he he", Ko chuckled. Then the giant began to storm around in frustration, to everyone's dismay.

"Joby it is important to find yourself in the LORD's light before you worry too much about others! Look at the pain this curse is causing you!" Ko tried to say during the giant's anger tantrum, but ultimately was overshadowed by the colossal figure's stature and voice.

Now finding himself a distance away from the titan, Joby ended up smashing themself into the ground. *Gasp!* the fur on Ko's back stood up at the sound of the ground shattering under her head. This poor soul...

As Ko darted forward to check on the befallen, she began to move once more, lifting her leg to the heavens, Ko thought that the sentiment was beautiful. Oh is this dance some form of call to action maybe? Is this Joby's way of talking to the LORD? So the beast paused in wait to watch his friend, with a smile. So nice! So-

But when the evil black mist erupted from Joby once more Ko's great fear retruned! "RUFF! RUFF!" he barked at the gravitational waves. And then he jumped in shock and from the pressure of the slam that she created with her leg! "Yip!" It was scary even for a twenty-some-odd foot Komainu as powerful as Ko. The pressure alone made his paw pad's shake.

The darkness began to swallow the sea itself whole!!!! "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!??????????" Ko was in pure and utter disbelief! His pupils dilated and the cores reached outward to check if what he was seeing was even reality! His fur hid downward, hugging his body and shook! Some of it fell of. The sight of pure and utter... evil.

God be good. If I don't stop this curse and save Joby... the earth itself may be forever changed!!! "Rrrrrrrr Bark! Bark!" The goodly spirit of the far eastern country sprang into action and darted across the beach to chase the giant Joby! Into the sea? Across the word? Perhaps towards the universe itself? Surely, into the abyss, that he knew... BUT! it mattered not, any longer. The devil must be stopped. Moriah can surely wait. Forgive me Akira, Yoko. I'll have to leave you on that God forsaken island a bit longer. Think of it as a test from God. But right now, the fate of the world is at stake. This must be my test.

And as he approached the darkness he looked upon it's emptiness... It stared back at him. With sinister aura. But Ko spoke powerful words as it stared back. Words so true and so loving that even utter darkness itself could not corrupt his goodness. "Our Father, who art in heaven" one of his paw's sank into the shadowy depths... "hallowed be thy name" then another "thy kingdom come" his legs began to sink past his hinges and up to his shoudlers... "thy will be done" he closed his eyes and envisioned the LORD's light... "on earth as it is in heaven" and then... Ko vanished...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Jobymamushi turned around the second she heard praying. She looked disgusted!
“Oi! Oi! Oi! Cut that out, skit! Skat! Go on! Get! Shoo! Bad doggy!” She spat the words out like anxious poison, “You’re too serious! It’s too much! Too much! Re-lax!! R-E-L-A-X okay? Okay? Good! Ok. Bye.”

Joby turned around and began to start her stroll off down the path of wonderment before her, into the distant horizon—when she suddenly heard a great splash behind her as the silly komainu attempted to follow her on a path that only she could walk. There she stood, atop the endless sea, walking across the water’s surface, surrounded by nothing but blue. It would have been one of the most magnificent and quieted moments of the giant’s life... had it not been for the sudden splashing about caused by Kö as he fell straight through the thin layer of intangible darkness that rested atop the ocean’s surface like a veil of mist and straight into the sea!

“Silly pup! What do you think you’re doing? Did you think you’d be able to walk on nothingness like me? I guess I’m a being of Darkness now like that fool of a man Blackbeard, but I’m still just going at it by spirit alone! I don’t really know what I’m doing with this stuff yet!! I don’t wanna swallow you up on accident HEEHEE!! Now go swim back where you came from and leave my mind in peace.”
@Ranger

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It was cold and dark and very wet. Who knew the abyss would be so salty? Ko thought as the sea-water splashed against his nose and he did a quick lick of the tongue. Now underneath the abyssal waves, in Ko's mind he saw the light of the LORD and though the waters would be black to his shut eyes, his father in heaven would guide the beast toward his befallen friend.

A long stretch of blackness arrayed itself before the spirit. So long it reminded him of forever. Forever, yes that is right. The LORD is forever and his wisdom and power is infinite. This abyss cannot fell me so long as my faith is strong. And though the darkness was terrifying, the proud puppy swam strong and his belief thus shown him a vision. The aura of the one he was seeking. Among the vastness of the ever-waving eternity a light of a soul began to appear in the distance... so Ko picked up his pace!

A master of the doggy paddle, his great strength and endurance cut through the cold darkness like mere wind. He almost felt some relief for a moment. As a wind spirit, Ko, pictured himself traversing the darkness like he was back on Wano, flying through the nights from stone statue to statue. The sparkle of Joby's soul was like a distant star.

The komainu, beneath the waves, couldn't hear a word that the giantess spoke. However, through the light of the LORD he could interpret the giant's intention... "save me", "save me, Ko!" the aura spoke to him! I'm on my way! I will return you from this awful abyss, Joby!

The light of Joby's soul grew and grew as the pilgrim swam. And finally when he reached the acursed, Ko was able to act! He heck'in bit 'em!!!
- water into blood: The first of the plagues, transforming water into blood. It is a foundation for further plagues to come.
Kö uses his powerful jaws to chomp down (requires 61 strength, 61 mastery) - DPR: A
In an attempt to get Joby out of the ever-stretching abyss, Ko bore his fangs at his new friend so that he could physically hold onto the pirate captain and drag her out from the darkness by force (out of the sea and try to bring her back onto land).

Level 76
76x5=380 (+105-28)
+5 Strength
+5 Speed
+5 Vitality
-4 Mind (You cannot have negative mind points)

Strength: 100 [+5]
Speed: 100
-reaction: 100+10
-movement: 100
Vitality: 100
Mind: 28-28
Haki: 100
-Armament: 100+20
-Observation: 100
Martial Arts: 57
-Exodus: 100
*7 remaining*

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
lvl 71
71X5=355
Strength:44+56(100)
Movement:81
Reaction:81
Durability:49+49+20(119)
Stamina:49+51+20(120)
Mind: -14+14(0)
CoA:100+20(120)
CoO:60(Awareness)
Yami Yami no mi:100
The giant stood there eyeing the surface of the waves, waiting for Kö to surface. What's taking so long? Did he die?--
SPLASH!!!!! and CRUNCH!!!! "
Oi! What the hell--BLUYRGHGLUGHGLUGGLUGLUG!!!!???!" Caught completely by surprise, Joby had no chance of responding in time to the pearly white fangs which rose from the depths like some hellish bear trap converging upon her ankle! The pain shot straight to her eyeballs and the giant's screams of pain would have been audible for miles if not for the hundreds of gallons of sea water she was now inhaling and gargling as Kö dragged her back toward land!

The moment her body had been submerged in the waters of the sea, the veil of darkness which lingered over the surface of the waves simply dispersed into the air as black dust in the wind.

In the water, Joby felt all her strength leave her, the sudden change the ocean coxed from her cursed flesh left her feeling light-headed and limp. Her life flashed before her eyes, and she let the darkness' cold embrace consume her heart.

"COUGH!! HACK!! HACK!! COUGH!!!!--WHAT--HAH--THE--COUGH!!! COUGH!!! FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?! YOU TRYING TO KILL ME YOU LOUSY MUTT!?!? YAAAHAAHAAHAA I ALMOST DIED!!!"
The giant's chest rose and fell at an alarming rate as she flipped herself over onto her back, her ankle where Kö had grabbed her hurt so bad it felt like he'd torn her foot off. Her hair and clothes were all soaked through and she looked more like a wet dog than the wet dog did. Looking down at her bloodied ankle as she sat up on her bum, she was surprised to see that despite the blood and pain, the wound itself was nowhere to be found!? What the hell is going on with this body HEEHEE!?

She turned to face Kö, and with the mangy mutt in her sights, coated her left arm in brilliant Rose Gold armament haki and swung it with all her weight at the side of the dog's face!! (mountain lvl DPR) Joby's eyebrows dug deep into the bridge of her nose and her eyes went white with rage!

"BAD DOG!"
@Ranger

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
After swimming around in circles and finally catching hold of a mouth sized portion of joby ankle, our good pilgrim was able to swim around in circles for a bit longer before luckily finding his way to the beach shore!

As Ko arose from the darkness of the abyss he dragged joby up the sands "inching" (he's a big boy, so his steps are a bit larger than inches) backwards due to using his mouth and neck to pull. A lion-dog with wet fur was not a nice scent for the nose so it was a good thing that Joby was partially incapacitated from the sea water. Her senses surely dulled.

The beast dropped the giantess finally when he pulled her completely out of the water. Shaking at an alarming rate, all the dampness from his fur coat seemed to launch away in any and all directions. A talent that only a dog could acquire. Then with a quick flash of full body armament haki before anyone present could tell him capable, his mane and coat stiffened once again as if he was never in the sea at all...

Once again, Ko was able to open his eyes! Ah I can tell that I'm completely out of that accursed abyssal realm. The light of the sun struck his pupils quite hard and the beast winced for a moment before "Thank you, LORD, may your light shine ever true!" praising it. Now looking down at himself he was distracted from Joby. I could almost feel as if some strange abyssal gook had been covering me that whole time. But as he kept looking, lifting paw to paw and checking himself over, spinning once to chase his tail, the komainu saw nothing wrong. Not even a drop of water. Hmm well that's odd. It must have been the curse playing tricks on me.

The whole time Joby was screeching and saying vulgarisms as she regained her strength. So Ko spoke just one sentence in polite response, "OI WATCH YOUR DANG TONGUE OUR FATHER DOESN'T LIKE CURSING! Grrrrrr BARK!" and then both of them went to checking their own bodies which seemed strange to them.

And when the hero was again in his train of thought God, thank you for watching over Joby and I as we delved into that great darkness. I'm forever greatful that you are here for us with your infitite kindne- "YIP!" Joby had smashed Ko across the beach and back towards town. It was quite effective. Creating a painful bruise on Ko's side as he tumbled before crashing into a palm tree and rending it in half.

The komainu shook his head as he got up to his four legs to re-equilibriate his ear fluid. The path of his flight left a long skid in the sand which began to turn to soil. "BARK! BARK! BARK! Grrrrrrr BARK!" His animistic instincts took over. Joby just smacked me!? This must be the curse starting to overtake her body! "So that's how you repay someone for saving you, huh!?" he accidentally let out in his sore frustration. Whoops I shouldn't have said that, forgive me, LORD. "I mean.. it is ok, Joby. I ...forgive you. Surely the curse made you do that... grrrrrrr". But then Ko lunged forward and darted across the land back to the beach.

"But it looks like until I can find a better solution to free you I will have to knock you out to prevent you from causing any further harm." the charging beast calmly said. Coating a paw in invisible armament haki he lunged at the unthankful lady yet again
- pestilence, death of livestock: The fifth of the plagues, the totality of horror so far brings for pestilence which causes painful death.
Kö knocks the enemy down with his large size and drags them across the ground. If they are cut then their wounds will worsen.
(requires 71 strength, 61 mastery) - DPR: C
105 strength is town level
DPR: C is city level
+2 invisible haki is island level attack damage!

LORD forgive me, but right now I can think of no better way. His claws unsheathed ready to catch the darkness user and help catch her skin so that the ground would attract her and the sand would annoy her if the dark curse didn't heal her cut yet again. "It doesn't please me to hurt you so stay down and don't force my hand here!" Ko unironically spoke while swinging his paw that was not exactly a hand.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Joby smacked herself once across the cheek to wake up her nerves. Asshole... did he just say he 'saved me'??? Is this silly pup delusional?! HEEHEE!
Standing up and feeling her center of gravity once more below her, the dripping wet giant heard a gigantic crash over in the direction of the town. From her hight she could easily see a large palm tree fall in the distance Oh-ho? I knocked him pretty far HEEHEE!
She felt goose bumps forming as the cold of the wind tightened her wet skin, causing her body to shiver for a moment. The wish to be warm and dry entered her mind and she felt the darkness within herself answer.

The tiny shadows caused by the imperfections in her skin started breath and come to life. The icy black flames licked at her skin and clothing and hair and scattered like ash. It was a strange sight and an even stranger sensation. But with almost hardly any movement at all, and not a sound made, the darkness had swallowed every drop of water which besmirched its master and vanished. The darkness lingered at her ankle a moment longer and as it blew away into light, so too did the blood left by the wound Kö had inflicted along with the pain. But now, Joby was pissed.

It was clear as day that the religious zealot she found herself trapped with, was not going to let her leave the island so long as she possessed this strange new body. But Joby didn't have any plans to go down without a fight. She was beginning to quite like this new power of her's.

Since it's just the two of us left here.... I guess no one can get mad at me if I go a little wild HEEHEE!

She could see the komainu get up and charge straight toward her at an alarming speed! She instantly understood the advantage her obnoxious companion had over her in this regard. She wondered just how much punishment her newfound darkness could take.
A head-on charge ehh?? HEEHEE!

YAMI YAMI NO: "IN THE REALM OF THE SENSES"

In a single instant, it was as if God himself had turned out the lights of the world on the former 'pirate's paradise'. An explosion of blackness sparked from the core of Joby's being covering an area 500 meters in every direction of herself. To her, it was such a beautiful sensation of awareness. Everything from the world seemed to disappear, the fog of darkness consumed all light and sound and smell bringing everything to a state of 'zero'. The experience of charging at such a speed to be suddenly plunged into real darkness--a darkness which seemed only to exist in a world without life, a sky without stars--would surely terrify the poor jumpy beast. OH SHIT! I CAN'T SEE OR HEAR OR SMELL ANYTHING NOW EITHER YAAHAAHAA!!!!--her thought cut short by Kö's attack which once again caught Joby completely unopposed!
yami yami no: "In the Realm of the Senses":
requirement: yami:100, stamina:100
DPR:---
effect: covering an area of 5xmastery, Joby expels a massive cloud of darkness around her which absorbs all light, smell, and sound within its domain for 1 turn. Effectively placing all within its boundary in a kind of sensory deprivation tank. CoO is unaffected. Inside Joby also loses access to these senses, but can access information of her surroundings through awareness of her being one with the darkness she creates. Lays the foundation for other techniques
@Ranger

Last edited:

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As the great beast charged, the lights from the world around him vanished. "RUF!?" for a split second he was concerned and lost, but then, again the good lord in heaven blessed the pilgrim hero with divine wisdom. I see. This curse. It truly has taken over poor joby and now acts on it's own will. The light from the darkness giant's soul wept once more screaming for help. "So I shall help you then, poor joby."

And with a mighty WHACK! Ko's paw found the right leg of the terrifying titan and gripped onto it with razor claws dragging the colossal crewoman to the cold dark abyssal floor. Would there be sand here now? Ko knew not. The sound itself was absorbed into the darkness so what would have made quite the BOOOOOM! of a fall just fell in silence. Alright good. Still, through the light of the lord, Ko could tell his attack was successful and now Joby was on the ground.

I should follow up and knock the poor woman out. He reasoned for a moment. But... it was not right?

- his mind flashed! -

Ko was back on Sabaody Archipelago. The music that God was showing him, here in his past, was of such profound beauty. Ko could not help but tear up as he looked upon a younger version of himself running around the mangrove tree's trunk chasing after Akira. How peaceful this time was. The light from the sky shown down through the massive flurishings of the striped treetops and sparkled on the bubbles of the city. Rejiro was off to the side watching his two children.

Such a kind and noble father. Ko thought as he watched his memories unfold. He had given me so much. What right did I have to accept such kindness? Then the beast of the past caught Akira in his soft paws and gave him a big sloppy lick! on the young boy's face. Akira laughed and smiled despite saying "ew, Ko, gross!" The Ko of the present that was watching his former self now had deep streams of nostalgia flowing down his facial fur. I left. That's right. I left on a pilgrimage. Good God in heaven let me do what is right.

And then the komainu remember the words of the lord from the book that Rejiro would read. "...if you will obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my own possession among all peoples; for all the earth is mine, and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation... ". Ko recalled leaving the island of Sabaody. He remember on that day the Covenant he made before sailing off:

Covenant at Mt. Sinai
passive

Kö recalls his pledge to the LORD God. When fighting those weaker than him, he will be careful to obey the LORD. Prevents the user from dealing damage greater than "quite effective" unless he is berserk.
(requires 100 mastery)
- his mind flashed back now -

Though the great darkness returned, he still saw the soul of Joby through the LORD's blessing. It is ok Joby. I trust in the LORD completely and he will guide my hand. No great harm shall I inflict upon you no matter how hard I try. Because God is good. And I keep my covenant. I am his possession and he can do no evil.

So Ko now aims his next paw at the head of the giantess before him who lies on the dark ground. He leaps over the long outstretched body of the accursed. The soul of the being wisps in eternity and though it has missing teeth it is somehow perfect just as it is. Just as the Lord created you. Ko knew before coming down upon the land of God with his outstretched leg. Vaporizing his opposite paw down across the toothy soul's skull so that it would knock Joby out.

- three days of darkness: The ninth plague, to induce great fear three days and nights of darkness.
Kö aims to bats the enemy in the head with his heavy paw which in attempt to cause blindness and confusion or disorient them.
(requires 61 strength, 61 mastery) - DPR: B

Coating himself this time with hardening, he will make sure the strike is good and strong so that Joby will feel no pain. Only turn from the physical world of blackness and invert it into her head only. The attack shall not deal damage surpassing "quite effective" as that is the will of the LORD.

Top Bottom