Island Skypiea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A Mosey Through Mock Town
Isao had become so distracted by the loud call of some mysterious being that He hadn't noticed that he jumped into the opening into Mock Town. He sailed through the air, looking behind him for whatever possible threat may have appeared. Was that a bird or something? Isao would not have the chance to find out, as he slammed into the back of a building's wall. The impact caused Isao to leave an imprint of his body on the wall, but it didn't look like he quite broke through. Isao looked around, attempting to get his bearings. He was lucky that he was on the back side of the building. From what he could tell, no-one had seen his accident. Brushing himself off for the second time today, Isao casually made his way down the small alleyway into the main street. What he saw next was a jaw dropping experience for him.

Before the young man was a street full of humans. They really did look like Skypians without their wings. Some were offering services while some were simply walking up and down the street. He saw a pair of humans seeming to be arguing and getting ready to fight. Some watched on with intrigue, seeming to wonder what would happen next. Isao's hand would instinctively reach up to hide the gills that were on his traps, forgetting that he was in his shinobi suit. He was careful enough to ensure that he was well covered. The average person would be unable to tell that he was a Fishman. It would be best that way. Refocusing himself, he realized that his arrival here was perfect. It meant that He could get the information that he needed. Someone had to have the information on how to get to the sky. The Knock Up Stream was surely the only way to get to the sky.

Since he had seen that there were a number of people going into the Tavern, He figured it would be the best place to start. Walking though the street, he pushed the swinging doors aside and found himself in a large room with a number of humans sitting about. Some seemed to be carrying on, enjoying their drinks, while a few seemed to look Isao over as he entered the bar. Without much thought, Isao made his way to the bartender and slapped a hand on the table. He would be grinning underneath his mask, but there was no way to tell.

"Yo, I heard that there was something called a Knock Up Stream. I figured I could take it up into the sky to find out if there is land up there. Do you know where I can find one of those things?"

Isao looked on with excitement in his eyes, whether he realized it or not. To see a human town like this, full of, well, humans, was something quite unusual for him. Luckily, no one had noticed Isao's face to the wall accident, and he attracted no attention to himself. Under the radar behavior would be good for him, given his status as a Fishman. Isao saw men and women entering and exiting a tavern on the street. The tavern was a popular one, and so it got a lot of customers. Isao quickly realized going there would make sense. Perhaps there was someone there that had some information that would be useful to him.

Entering the tavern, Isao made his way straight to the bar. What he did next, though, was surprising to say the least. Walking up to the bartender, Isao slammed his hand onto the table with excitement, asking - loud and clear - a question that was so entrenched in his mind that he could not even sleep if he wanted to.

"Yo, I heard that there was something called a Knock Up Stream. I figured I could take it up into the sky to find out if there is land up there. Do you know where I can find one of those things?"

Every last man and woman looked over at Isao with a dumbfounded look on their face. A moment of silence for the absurd question, before laughter took the tavern like a roar.

Bwahahahaha!!!

Huahahahahaha!!!

Ghahaha what an idiot!

Kuakakaka, look at this fool!

A land in the sky he said, hyahahaha!

The crowd laughed, in disbelief. Sitting at the bar over to the right was man with white hair and a tattoo covering his whole left arm.

More of this nonsense... What a moron.

The man said outloud, before turning toward Isao.

Oi, get the hell out of here you clown! We're trying to enjoy a drink here.

The man said, referring to Isao's strange getup.

Oh man, Roshio is mad at him. This won't end well...

One of the men in the crowd said.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Isao looked on with excitement in his eyes, whether he realized it or not. To see a human town like this, full of, well, humans, was something quite unusual for him. Luckily, no one had noticed Isao's face to the wall accident, and he attracted no attention to himself. Under the radar behavior would be good for him, given his status as a Fishman. Isao saw men and women entering and exiting a tavern on the street. The tavern was a popular one, and so it got a lot of customers. Isao quickly realized going there would make sense. Perhaps there was someone there that had some information that would be useful to him.

Entering the tavern, Isao made his way straight to the bar. What he did next, though, was surprising to say the least. Walking up to the bartender, Isao slammed his hand onto the table with excitement, asking - loud and clear - a question that was so entrenched in his mind that he could not even sleep if he wanted to.

Every last man and woman looked over at Isao with a dumbfounded look on their face. A moment of silence for the absurd question, before laughter took the tavern like a roar.

Bwahahahaha!!!

Huahahahahaha!!!

Ghahaha what an idiot!

The crowd laughed, in disbelief. Sitting at the bar over to the right was man with white hair and a tattoo covering his whole left arm.

The man said outloud, before turning toward Isao.

The man said, referring to Isao's strange getup.

Oh man, Roshio is mad at him. This won't end well...

One of the men in the crowd said.

Isao asked the bartender with excitement, hoping that he could finally go to this land of his ancestors. The idea of seeing the island in the sky was ingrained in the boy's head since he could remember. They were told to him every night, after a long hard day of training with his father. How his mother's face would light up when she told him of The City of Gold. He remembered that she told him that the greatest treasure of all was a bell, that bound that Shandians to a promise made between themselves and the friend of the village eons ago. From what he could recall, that bell had long been lost and the village in the sky had not found it. His mother, Selina, however stated that the day that she married Nino, she swears she heard the ring of the bell in the sky. He always thought that maybe he would one day find the bell in the land of the sky. The response that came next was not what he expected. The moment that those fated words left his lips, the bar erupted into laughter.

Bwahahahaha!!!

Huahahahahaha!!!

Ghahaha what an idiot!

The crowd continued to laugh in disbelief at Isao as he stood there and took their disrespect. His hand which lay on the table clenched into a fist. His body shook slightly from his anger. They laughed at him, sure, but it was like they were laughing at her. He scanned their faces, getting a gauge of the room. Before he could say anything else, his eyes fell upon the man who sat next to him. He had white hair that was twisted into braids and his left arm was covered in one big tattoo. He seemed to be grinning as he turned to face Isao. His next words were loud enough for the rest of the crowd to hear.

Isao made eye contact with the man for a moment. He would stare him down in silence for a moment, before turning back to the bartender. He slapped the bar a few more times before yelling at the bartender, in order to speak over the crowd again. He had no idea who Roshio was and didn't really care about him. He was there to have his question answered. He wasn't going to waste his time arguing with some random asshole.

So do you know where I can find a knock up stream or not!?"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Isao asked the bartender with excitement, hoping that he could finally go to this land of his ancestors. The idea of seeing the island in the sky was ingrained in the boy's head since he could remember. They were told to him every night, after a long hard day of training with his father. How his mother's face would light up when she told him of The City of Gold. He remembered that she told him that the greatest treasure of all was a bell, that bound that Shandians to a promise made between themselves and the friend of the village eons ago. From what he could recall, that bell had long been lost and the village in the sky had not found it. His mother, Selina, however stated that the day that she married Nino, she swears she heard the ring of the bell in the sky. He always thought that maybe he would one day find the bell in the land of the sky. The response that came next was not what he expected. The moment that those fated words left his lips, the bar erupted into laughter.

Bwahahahaha!!!

Huahahahahaha!!!

Ghahaha what an idiot!

The crowd continued to laugh in disbelief at Isao as he stood there and took their disrespect. His hand which lay on the table clenched into a fist. His body shook slightly from his anger. They laughed at him, sure, but it was like they were laughing at her. He scanned their faces, getting a gauge of the room. Before he could say anything else, his eyes fell upon the man who sat next to him. He had white hair that was twisted into braids and his left arm was covered in one big tattoo. He seemed to be grinning as he turned to face Isao. His next words were loud enough for the rest of the crowd to hear.

Isao made eye contact with the man for a moment. He would stare him down in silence for a moment, before turning back to the bartender. He slapped the bar a few more times before yelling at the bartender, in order to speak over the crowd again. He had no idea who Roshio was and didn't really care about him. He was there to have his question answered. He wasn't going to waste his time arguing with some random asshole.

So do you know where I can find a knock up stream or not!?"
The crowd laughed at Isao and his belief that the land in the sky existed. There was not one man or woman in the bar that believed in such fairytales. In fact, they were all dumbfounded that an adult could believe into something so absurd. As more and more laughter piled on, Isao was growing visibly frustrated and angry, clenching his fist. Roshio told Isao to get the hell out of there, but the man persisted. Slamming his hand onto the bar a few more times, Isao asked again, inquiring to see if anyone here knew where to find the Knock Up Stream or not. The crowd continued to laugh, louder even than before. But Roshio had had enough. Gritting his teeth, the man, who had also had a few drinks by now, stood up, turned and swung toward Isao.

O-oh...!

Oh boy, here it comes!

Some in the crowd reacted as Roshio swung. A punch straight to the face, aiming to send Isao flying.

I thought I told you to get the hell out of here with your fairytales!

Roshio shouted, his anger at Isao's absurdity clear.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The crowd laughed at Isao and his belief that the land in the sky existed. There was not one man or woman in the bar that believed in such fairytales. In fact, they were all dumbfounded that an adult could believe into something so absurd. As more and more laughter piled on, Isao was growing visibly frustrated and angry, clenching his fist. Roshio told Isao to get the hell out of there, but the man persisted. Slamming his hand onto the bar a few more times, Isao asked again, inquiring to see if anyone here knew where to find the Knock Up Stream or not. The crowd continued to laugh, louder even than before. But Roshio had had enough. Gritting his teeth, the man, who had also had a few drinks by now, stood up, turned and swung toward Isao.

O-oh...!

Oh boy, here it comes!

Some in the crowd reacted as Roshio swung. A punch straight to the face, aiming to send Isao flying.

I thought I told you to get the hell out of here with your fairytales!

Roshio shouted, his anger at Isao's absurdity clear.
The crowd laughed louder than before to Isao's demands. He was not a fan of being made fun of, but he didn't feel like they were worth it. Roshio wasn't satisfied with Isao ignoring him. They didn't know. How could they? Why would they know about an island in the sky... when they don't even have any wings!? Isao's face was calm under his mask. They would never aspire to be anything. Isao could see Roshio's right arm tense up as it brought back his fist to strike Isao in the face. He took the time to look around at the laughing group of humans. Humans were pretty weak apparently.

"You're slow..."

Forming a hand-sign with his left hand, Isao moved swiftly along the path of the strike and lessening the power of the strike. Bunshin no jutsu. The fist hit it's mark, pushing Isao with it's momentum and sending him spinning through the air. He would bust through a few tables before hitting the wall. That part hurt a little. His jaw had already formed a bruise. His left hand would nurse his chin as he sat up. He slowly stood up, cracking his neck before seeming to do little hops from left to right. He rotated both arms in circles before throwing a one-two punch at the air.

"Hey man, we really don't gotta do this. How about I just buy you a drink?"

Isao could see it in his eyes. This Roshio guy was drunk. Isao had gotten drunk before. Sometimes people take things a little far when they are under the influence. Everyone else here was probably just egging him on too. He wasn't entirely sure yet. Hopefully his technique was enough. As far as anyone knew, Roshio hit Isao hard. Let them live their lives having no dreams if they want. He was a nice guy, but he didn't let people just push him around. If this guy really was a bad guy, he was about to get stung.

Bunshin no Jutsu:Multiple copies of Isao are seen at once in various places as a result of Isao’s speed. The copies cannot talk, breath, or cause any damage so anyone who is extremely observant or uses observation haki can notice who is the true Isao.
41 ninjutsu and movement speed

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Roshio's fist flew forward, intent on sending Isao flying. To the naked eye, that was exactly what happened. A fool dreaming about a land in the sky pissed Roshio off, and the latter sent the former flying with a punch. The crowd, boozed up, were enjoying themselves, witnessing the brawl. However, Roshio remained silent after the punch. In fact, his eyes had narrowed, as if he was squinting, looking hard. Something was off. He barely grazed the man, it felt like he had barely hit him - and yet, Isao went flying. Something was wrong. In fact, faking getting punched was harder than avoiding a punch altogether. It required more precision, skill and speed. Roshio, even though he was liquored up, was put on guard. But, the alcohol did make him brave.

You think you're smart eh...?!

Roshio shouted. To the crowd, it would seem like he was referring to Isao's offer to buy him a drink. But in fact, Roshio was referring to Isao's stunt earlier, when he had faked getting hit.

I'll show you why foolish dreams like that are not tolerated here.

Roshio said, grabbing his revolver off of the bar counter, where he had placed it while he was drinking. He aimed the revolver at Isao.

Oi oi, that's a bit much...

A man from the crowd whispered, though he didn't dare say it outloud. The laughter was gone, the situation having quickly escalated. Roshio grit his teeth, pulling the trigger.

Say your prayers, fool.

DPR: 21-40: 0. Street Level + C:+1 = 1. Wall/Tree Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Roshio's fist flew forward, intent on sending Isao flying. To the naked eye, that was exactly what happened. A fool dreaming about a land in the sky pissed Roshio off, and the latter sent the former flying with a punch. The crowd, boozed up, were enjoying themselves, witnessing the brawl. However, Roshio remained silent after the punch. In fact, his eyes had narrowed, as if he was squinting, looking hard. Something was off. He barely grazed the man, it felt like he had barely hit him - and yet, Isao went flying. Something was wrong. In fact, faking getting punched was harder than avoiding a punch altogether. It required more precision, skill and speed. Roshio, even though he was liquored up, was put on guard. But, the alcohol did make him brave.

You think you're smart eh...?!

Roshio shouted. To the crowd, it would seem like he was referring to Isao's offer to buy him a drink. But in fact, Roshio was referring to Isao's stunt earlier, when he had faked getting hit.

I'll show you why foolish dreams like that are not tolerated here.

Roshio said, grabbing his revolver off of the bar counter, where he had placed it while he was drinking. He aimed the revolver at Isao.

Oi oi, that's a bit much...

A man from the crowd whispered, though he didn't dare say it outloud. The laughter was gone, the situation having quickly escalated. Roshio grit his teeth, pulling the trigger.

Say your prayers, fool.

DPR: 21-40: 0. Street Level + C:+1 = 1. Wall/Tree Level
Isao vs Roshio

You think you're smart eh...?! I'll show you why foolish dreams like that are not tolerated here.

Roshio seemed to be somewhat shaken after he had tried to strike Isao. The fishman wondered if he had noticed the technique or not. This somewhat gave him the answer. He turned to grab a pistol that was on the bar counter. It seemed that his intentions were clear. He turned to point the weapon at the shinobi, fully prepared to squeeze the trigger. The crowed seemed to grow hushed in this moment. Gritting his teeth, the human squeezed the trigger.

Say your prayers, fool.

Bang!

Isao's left hand darkened as he drew it back. Folding his fingers against his palm in a form reminiscent of a tiger's palm, Isao took at step forward as he thrust his palm forward. Jodan Bakusho. His palm struck the bullet, sending it flying back towards Roshio, this time as fragments of what it used to be. At the very most, the fragments would scratch his face up a little bit, but causing Roshio harm wasn't the aim for this attack. The real aim was to distract him as Isao then attempted to close the distance between them. He moved at supersonic speed. To the average person it probably looked like he teleported.

Isao would make his mad dash to Roshio, jumping into the air and twisting his body in order to put some weight behind his next technique. On his last rotation, he would kick out his right leg with the intention of slamming his heel down on Roshio's trapezius.
Ka Ka Kakato Otoshi. Though Isao wasn't the strongest, he hoped his attack would send Roshio face first into the floor. If the attack was successful. Isao would end things like this, making his way out of the tavern. The answers he was looking for weren't here. There was no reason to stay.

Jodan Bakusho: Durability: (50) 41-60: 3. Large Building Level + C:+1 + Hardening:+2 = 101-119: 6. City Level

Ka Ka Kakato Otoshi: Strength: (41) 41-60: 3. Wall/Tree Level + C: +1 = 61-80: 2. Small Building Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The members of the crowd gaped, gulped and watched as things escalated. What started with a stranger asking about the land in the sky, has led to Roshio, a known pirate around these parts, punching the stranger and now pulling a gun on him. Some members of the crowd thought that that was taking things overboard, but none dared say anything. Without a doubt, as crazy as Isao's beliefs and questions were, the crowd was not against him. They felt bad for him, having to die over a difference of opinion. Obviously the land in the sky didn't exist, but Isao did not have to get killed over it.

Roshio was simpy drunk and impulsive.

But, what was once the crowd feeling bad for Isao, quickly turned around. When Roshio pulled the trigger, Isao punched forward. He deflected and destroyed the bullet, with his bare fist at that. And the recoil grazed Roshio's cheek. Gritting his teeth angrily, Roshio was about to jump at Isao, but before he could do so, Isao moved. Before Roshio could even react, Isao's leg came down in the form of a downward kick, driving Roshio into the ground with significant force. The whole bar shook.

And with that, Isao left. The crowd was left flabbergasted and dumbfounded at what they had just witnessed. Undoubtedly, what had happened in the bar on this day, would be told and retold late into the night later today.

But for now, it was still daytime, and Isao was out on the street, walking. An old, hunched over man bumped into Isao, excusing himself.

Excuse me young man...

The old man said, looking up at Isao.

You're the one from the bar right. One hour ago...

I was there.

The old man said, having been a witness to Isao's roughhousing... but also his question.

The knock up stream... I believe it exists.

There's a house on the east coast of Jaya... there, you will find a man who knows all about it.

The old man said, before walking away. After a rough start to the day, Isao had his lead.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The members of the crowd gaped, gulped and watched as things escalated. What started with a stranger asking about the land in the sky, has led to Roshio, a known pirate around these parts, punching the stranger and now pulling a gun on him. Some members of the crowd thought that that was taking things overboard, but none dared say anything. Without a doubt, as crazy as Isao's beliefs and questions were, the crowd was not against him. They felt bad for him, having to die over a difference of opinion. Obviously the land in the sky didn't exist, but Isao did not have to get killed over it.

Roshio was simpy drunk and impulsive.

But, what was once the crowd feeling bad for Isao, quickly turned around. When Roshio pulled the trigger, Isao punched forward. He deflected and destroyed the bullet, with his bare fist at that. And the recoil grazed Roshio's cheek. Gritting his teeth angrily, Roshio was about to jump at Isao, but before he could do so, Isao moved. Before Roshio could even react, Isao's leg came down in the form of a downward kick, driving Roshio into the ground with significant force. The whole bar shook.

And with that, Isao left. The crowd was left flabbergasted and dumbfounded at what they had just witnessed. Undoubtedly, what had happened in the bar on this day, would be told and retold late into the night later today.

But for now, it was still daytime, and Isao was out on the street, walking. An old, hunched over man bumped into Isao, excusing himself.

Excuse me young man...

The old man said, looking up at Isao.

You're the one from the bar right. One hour ago...

I was there.

The old man said, having been a witness to Isao's roughhousing... but also his question.

The knock up stream... I believe it exists.

There's a house on the east coast of Jaya... there, you will find a man who knows all about it.

The old man said, before walking away. After a rough start to the day, Isao had his lead.
The kick had struck it's mark. Isao had rebounded Roshio's entire body off of the tavern floor so hard that the entire bar shook. He realized in that moment that humans were not built like him, at the very least this one wasn't. The crowd looked on in disbelief as Roshio lay on the ground. He had went a little overboard, but he didn't kill the guy. Isao was not going to stick around though. It was clear that he wasn't going to find the answers to his questions here. He shouldered his way through the double doors, out into the streets and walked right into the middle of the street. He stared up at the clouds, searching for some kind of sign of an island. If the stories were true, an island in the sky was on one of those clouds up there. It was like yesterday when he was with his mom back on New Jack Island...

Isao was 5 years old. He had just finished a long day of training with his Father, Nino Aburame. Nino was a bulky, barrel-chested Bullshark Fishman. His jaw was pronounced to the point that he had an underbite, showing his largest row of razor-sharp teeth. He had a brown tuft of hair on the top of his head, cut into a buzzcut. Three jagged scars ran down his right arm and a tattoo of the sun was on his stomach. He was stern and unforgiving when it came to training his son in the way of Shinobi. He had run him ragged with shuriken training and Kuni throwing drills. Then there was water running and silent swimming. And he didn't get any lunch until he preformed a proper Bunshin no Jutsu afterimage. He would have to train more afterwards, but after that point Isao drifted off into his imagination. The best part of the day was after dinner and bath time. His mother's bedtime stories.

Selina tucked the little shandian into his bed, tucking the covers under him like a little burrito. She looked down at him, her warm smile and the tickle of her long black hair touching his face made him giggle. She would bring her index finger to her lips and shush him until he calmed down. He was quick to do so because she was going to tell him a wonderful story.

"Isao, when I was a little girl as old as you are now, we lived up in the sky. It was a wonderful place where everything was light and clouds. Our people were a proud people who followed the wills of our ancestors. Their spirits guided us at one point, but had to be freed for the sake of our people. When I was your age, God was unhappy with the Shandians. He took our land from us because he desired it for himself. We tried to get the land back, but God had the power to cast lightning to judge us. His power was greater than we could overcome. So we did our best to hide from his sight, far from where our inner voices could be heard by him. It was a test from above for us. We had been charged by our elders to protect the Golden Bell. It's ring was to call the spirit of our ancestors back to us. It's sound was said to hum through your entire spirit!"

At this moment Isao's eyes would grow large! A giant bell!? God cast lightning at people when he was mad at them!? This was hard for him to comprehend, but the way his mother's eyes lit up when she told him these stories; they made the image so vivid and robust that the young fishman couldn't help but glow with excitement. His little finned hands balled up into fists as be brought them up to his face and asked his mother one of the most important questions of his life...

"Mommy! When I get big enough... do you think I can go to your Island up in the Sky!? I want to see where you come from!!!"

Excuse me young man...

Isao was drawn out of his stupor as someone bumped into him from behind. An old man bowed before him, politely excusing himself for running into the shinobi. It was a bit jarring for Isao, but the young man instinctively bowed to him at a much lower posture. He was in the wrong and he knew it. He realized he was still standing in the middle of the road. He must have gotten distracted again.

"Forgive me, Sir. I didn't mean to be in the way. I must have had a little too much to drink in there, Rajajajah!"

You're the one from the bar right. One hour ago... I was there.

"Oh, I... yes. That was me."

What was the man about to say? Isao's eyes narrowed. Was this man going to continue the insults, even after he took that angry guy on? He didn't want to have to hit an old man. He patiently listened to the man's next words before he made a judgement call.

The knock up stream... I believe it exists. There's a house on the east coast of Jaya... there, you will find a man who knows all about it.

Isao's eyes widened, almost as much as they had back then. This was probably the most unexpected thing to have happened all day. With aplomb, Isao sincerely hugged the old man. Under his mask, the ninja's smile was so wide that it reached his misty eyes. He felt lighter after hearing this news and this old man was nice enough to have given it to him. After a moment, Isao started his jog towards the east coast, waving back towards the old man.

"Thank you so much, Gramps! When I find the bell up there I will ring it for you!"

He made a dash across the island. He was in search of a house. The house that would lead him to the land he had dreams of...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Isao hugged the old man and ran off. The old man, his arms crossed behind his back, walked off as well, chuckling.

Ah the youth... they are so eager to explore. I wish him well...

The old man said, disappearing among the crowd. Isao ran through the streets, eventually making it out of Mock Town and into the outskirts, away from the town and the busy life. There was nothing but fields of green for a long time. A random house here and there - people living outside of the big town. But before long, Isao would see a forest stretching out in front of him. If he decided to enter it, he would quickly realize it was anything but a normal forest.

Giant bees. Giant centipedes. Giant praying mantises. Giant grasshoppers. Giant lady bugs. Giant hornets. Giant slugs. Giant cockroaches. Giant pigs. And even giant hercules beetles. Isao had stumbled upon a nature and its laws, and whether he was welcomed here, was anyone's guess.

Suddenly, further down, deeper in the forest, an explosion went off. The explosion startled the many animals of the forest. Some retreated into other parts of the forest, while some got confused, thinking it was Isao that had done something wrong. A group of ten giant pigs, as well as a large amount of oversized bees, all suddenly rushed toward Isao, seeing him as a trespasser and an aggressor. The giant pigs aimed to trample and the giant bees aimed to swarm and sting, hoping to force the unwelcomed Isao out of the forest.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Isao hugged the old man and ran off. The old man, his arms crossed behind his back, walked off as well, chuckling.

Ah the youth... they are so eager to explore. I wish him well...

The old man said, disappearing among the crowd. Isao ran through the streets, eventually making it out of Mock Town and into the outskirts, away from the town and the busy life. There was nothing but fields of green for a long time. A random house here and there - people living outside of the big town. But before long, Isao would see a forest stretching out in front of him. If he decided to enter it, he would quickly realize it was anything but a normal forest.

Giant bees. Giant centipedes. Giant praying mantises. Giant grasshoppers. Giant lady bugs. Giant hornets. Giant slugs. Giant cockroaches. Giant pigs. And even giant hercules beetles. Isao had stumbled upon a nature and its laws, and whether he was welcomed here, was anyone's guess.

Suddenly, further down, deeper in the forest, an explosion went off. The explosion startled the many animals of the forest. Some retreated into other parts of the forest, while some got confused, thinking it was Isao that had done something wrong. A group of ten giant pigs, as well as a large amount of oversized bees, all suddenly rushed toward Isao, seeing him as a trespasser and an aggressor. The giant pigs aimed to trample and the giant bees aimed to swarm and sting, hoping to force the unwelcomed Isao out of the forest.

Isao's focus had a direction finally. He was supposed to run... west? It was west right? The moment that the old man had pointed him in a direction, the ninja had gotten so excited that he sprinted in that direction. He ran past house after house before reaching green fields where signs of life only popped up here and there. As far as Isao was concerned, none of this had anything to do with getting up into the sky. Everything seemed to blur but the invisible path he had constructed in his mind. Before he knew it, he was running through a forest. Insects and pigs of massive proportions would notice Isao, but the boy was so focused on his objective that he didn't notice them. He probably would have remained that way if it was not for the fact that further into the forest there was an explosion. The sound was abrupt and so startling that it tore Isao from his stupor. At that moment, the fishman found himself almost running into a tree, spinning to the side around it's trunk in order to not hurt himself too bad. Regardless he ends up tripping over a root and landing face first with an "OOF!!!"

"Eh!? What is going on here!? Some kind of explosion??" Isao says as he looks up from the forest floor.

His luck was only getting worse at this point. All around him were the giant insects and pigs that he hadn't noticed before. They all looked at each other for a moment when it seems that the animals had assessed that Isao was the enemy. A bead of sweat formed on Isao's face. A group of about 10 pigs and a swarm of oversized bees decided to strike, charging at the foolish little ninja."AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!" He screamed as he scrambled to his feet and started to sprint away as fast as his feet could take him. With a jump, he would bound upwards into the treetops, hopeing to get away from the pigs.

"WHY ARE THOSE ANIMALS SO BIG!? WHAT ARE THOSE PINK THINGS!?"

Once he was in the trees, he would throw a smoke bomb down at his feet. Enton no Jutsu. As a puff of smoke enveloped Isao's position, He would attempt to dash where he thought west was now. Hopefully the technique was enough to cause those animals to lose him. Isao was starting to breath a little hard. All this running, kicking, and dodging was starting to hit him a little. He needed to find the hut with the guy who knew about the Knock Up Stream.

Enton no Jutsu:Isao throws a smoke ball into the ground and quickly moves to a new location while being obscured by the smokescreen created.
requires 21 ninjutsu mastery

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The giant pigs and bees went after Isao, startled by the explosion further deep into the forest. Reacting quickly, Isao ran away. There was a good chance that he would be able to fight the animals off if he wished to do so - though then again, there was no point in harming the animals, and dealing with a swarm was a waste of time. Isao jumped up into the treetops and threw a smoke bomb, forcing the animals to retreat. By the time the smoke cleared, Isao was gone.

Traversing the treetops like the ninja that he was, Isao made good progress. After a good fifteen minutes or so of running, Isao would manage to reach the site of the explosion from earlier. A number of trees were broken down in the area and there was clearly something dangerous going on. If Isao looked out into the clearing in the middle of the forest, he would see two individuals staring each other down.

One was an ape-like man, while the other was a man equally as large, with features of an orangutang.

Shoujou! You still think you're a match for me?!

The ape-like man said, beating his chest mightily.

We'll let our fists talk, Masira!

The orangutang-like man replied, clenching his fists. The two both pushed off of the ground simultaneously, charging each other. Once in range, their foreheads slammed into one another, and their hands clashed, grappling for supremacy. The roughhousing that these two were creating was the likely cause of the previous explosion. Though whether it was a good idea for Isao to get involved, was anyone's guess. It certainly didn't seem like it would benefit him in any way.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The giant pigs and bees went after Isao, startled by the explosion further deep into the forest. Reacting quickly, Isao ran away. There was a good chance that he would be able to fight the animals off if he wished to do so - though then again, there was no point in harming the animals, and dealing with a swarm was a waste of time. Isao jumped up into the treetops and threw a smoke bomb, forcing the animals to retreat. By the time the smoke cleared, Isao was gone.

Traversing the treetops like the ninja that he was, Isao made good progress. After a good fifteen minutes or so of running, Isao would manage to reach the site of the explosion from earlier. A number of trees were broken down in the area and there was clearly something dangerous going on. If Isao looked out into the clearing in the middle of the forest, he would see two individuals staring each other down.

One was an ape-like man, while the other was a man equally as large, with features of an orangutang.

The orangutang-like man replied, clenching his fists. The two both pushed off of the ground simultaneously, charging each other. Once in range, their foreheads slammed into one another, and their hands clashed, grappling for supremacy. The roughhousing that these two were creating was the likely cause of the previous explosion. Though whether it was a good idea for Isao to get involved, was anyone's guess. It certainly didn't seem like it would benefit him in any way.

If there is one thing you could count on a ninja being, it would be quick on their feet. Isao was darting through the treetops and before he knew it he had put a good bit of distance between him and some very angry animals. He was sure that whatever those pink monsters were, they would probably have ate him or something. Isao was sure of it. It looked like they had two mouths on a really long lip. It was probably for twice the eating since they looked so plump. The poor Shandian Fishman had never witnessed a pig on New Jack Island. They were completely alien to him but their image was burned into his mind. Pink Long Lips were something that he should tread lightly around, else they swallow him whole.

He made good progress among the trees. After about fifteen minutes or so, Isao had found the source of that loud explosion that caused the giant animals to attack. A clearing stood before him, broken trees skew about. That wasn't the natural state of trees. What the heck? What is going on over there? Isao quietly approached the clearing, staying among the natural foliage of the trees in order to stay incognito. Hidden in the leaves, the shinobi could see two giant monkeys clashing.

The orangutang-like man replied, clenching his fists. The two both pushed off of the ground simultaneously, charging each other. Once in range, their foreheads slammed into one another, and their hands clashed, grappling for supremacy. The roughhousing that these two were creating was the likely cause of the previous explosion. Was it a good idea for Isao to just stand around and watch them fight? Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. That didn't matter. This was a site to behold. Crouching low on the branch and resting his hands on his knees, Isao looked on with sparkling eyes. A fight between two kings of the jungle!? The boy had to see this.

"Rskskskskskss!! This is going to be great! I wonder which one will win! Reeesksksksksksksss!!!"

Isao couldn't help himself. He had said this out loud. But in the excitement, he wasn't thinking about the fact that he was trying to sneak up on these two. Would they even notice during their exciting battle?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shoujou and Masira continued to grapple, their fingers interlocked, and the palms of their hands pushing against one another. The two seemed evenly matched. Sometimes, Shoujou was the one pushing Masira back, while at other times, Masira dug his feet into the ground and turned the tides, pushing Shoujou back again.

Always annoying, never one to give up, are ya?!

You're one to talk!

The two talked to one another, at this point their foreheads clashing as well, pushing for any inch of supremacy. Isao was privy to this clash, though whether it was two enemies, rivals, or competitive friends, was anyone's guess. As Isao was contemplating what to do, his attention would suddenly be grabbed by a large something flying his way.

Masira had managed to transition from a grapple to a throw, sweeping Shoujou's feet, pulling him over his shoulder and throwing him. The direction of the throw happened to be where Isao was, and now the large, bulking Shoujou was flying uncontrollably toward him with enough force to knock down a whole tree.

Gotcha!

Masira announced proudly with a grin on his face, happy with his momentary victory over Shoujou.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shoujou and Masira continued to grapple, their fingers interlocked, and the palms of their hands pushing against one another. The two seemed evenly matched. Sometimes, Shoujou was the one pushing Masira back, while at other times, Masira dug his feet into the ground and turned the tides, pushing Shoujou back again.

You're one to talk!

The two talked to one another, at this point their foreheads clashing as well, pushing for any inch of supremacy. Isao was privy to this clash, though whether it was two enemies, rivals, or competitive friends, was anyone's guess. As Isao was contemplating what to do, his attention would suddenly be grabbed by a large something flying his way.

Masira had managed to transition from a grapple to a throw, sweeping Shoujou's feet, pulling him over his shoulder and throwing him. The direction of the throw happened to be where Isao was, and now the large, bulking Shoujou was flying uncontrollably toward him with enough force to knock down a whole tree.

Gotcha!

Masira announced proudly with a grin on his face, happy with his momentary victory over Shoujou.
Perhaps a long time ago, there were no humans. Perhaps at one point, all that there was, were giant apes like the ones before Isao's eyes. He had crossed an entire island and nothing he saw before this moment could compare. The two furry specimens of absolute power clashed. They took turns pushing against one another, eloped in a dance that transcends space and time. It enamored Isao beyond his own understanding. There was something so intriguing. So primal about it.

You're one to talk!

Isao was drawn out of his imagination right as an orange furry behind was inches from his face. It looked almost like it was happening in slow motion. The ninja's face would roll along Shoujou's right cheek, his nose squishing into the unforbidden dark valley. His body crumpled behind his head as he was flung through the trunk of the tree, rolling along the forest floor upon impact. His body would intertwine with Shoujou's until they found themselves colliding against the trunk of another tree. The monkey man would find himself sitting on Isao's face. The poor ninja scrambling underneath him, his hands and feet waving wildly.

"Mmph, Mmm Mphh phhmm (Please get off me)!" He would say with a muffled cry.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shoujou flew through the air, thrown with great force by Masira. It was by sheer coincidence that Shoujou was thrown in Isao's direction. The large, ape like man came crashing into Isao and the two went flying, eventually colliding with a tree trunk. Shoujou ended up sitting on top of Isao's face, causing the latter to flail about and cry out with a muffled tone. Shoujou rubbed the back of his head, trying to get rid of the pain. He took notice of Isao and stood up, before turning around to look down at the odd man.

Oiiii, Masira! Get over here! I found some weird guy!

Shoujou shouted, inviting Masira to come over. Oddly enough, his tone was no longer as confrontational as before - almost as if Shoujou and Masira weren't really enemies.

Masira came over, and the two ape like men towered over the dazed and confused Isao.

I wonder who he is... it's not often we come across a person here in this forest...

Masira said, confused by Isao's presence.

I wonder if we should bring him to Cricket-san... see what he thinks?

I don't know, what if he's a weirdo?

The two wondered, indecisive about what they should do.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shoujou flew through the air, thrown with great force by Masira. It was by sheer coincidence that Shoujou was thrown in Isao's direction. The large, ape like man came crashing into Isao and the two went flying, eventually colliding with a tree trunk. Shoujou ended up sitting on top of Isao's face, causing the latter to flail about and cry out with a muffled tone. Shoujou rubbed the back of his head, trying to get rid of the pain. He took notice of Isao and stood up, before turning around to look down at the odd man.

Oiiii, Masira! Get over here! I found some weird guy!

Shoujou shouted, inviting Masira to come over. Oddly enough, his tone was no longer as confrontational as before - almost as if Shoujou and Masira weren't really enemies.

Masira came over, and the two ape like men towered over the dazed and confused Isao.

I wonder who he is... it's not often we come across a person here in this forest...

Masira said, confused by Isao's presence.

I wonder if we should bring him to Cricket-san... see what he thinks?

I don't know, what if he's a weirdo?

The two wondered, indecisive about what they should do.
His feet in the air and rest of his body sprawled on the ground, Isao let out a painful groan. His hood had slid off his head and there were plenty marks and bruises on him. As he slowly opened his eyes he would see two apes looking down at him in bewilderment. Isao blinked a few times, sitting up slowly, he would look around before looking back up at them. Still without speaking he would stand up and dust himself off. His clothes were all dirty from that whole event. Afterwards he would give a little sigh as he fixed his outfit, then outstretch his arm towards the apes.

"Hello there. My name is Isao Aburame. It is nice to meet you. I'm lookin' for a knock up stream. I think that I can take one up to the sky in order to get to the Island in the sky. do you know where I can find one?"

Though his face was obscured his eyes were in the form of a smile. It seemed that these apes could talk. Isao had never known that there could be talking apes, but he had seen a lot of new things on this island. It wasn't that hard to believe. It was weird to see Islands with so much dirt and trees. New Jack Island was nothing like this. He was used to Coral Forrest, the underwater marvel. There were many days that he had spend traversing those waters...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
His feet in the air and rest of his body sprawled on the ground, Isao let out a painful groan. His hood had slid off his head and there were plenty marks and bruises on him. As he slowly opened his eyes he would see two apes looking down at him in bewilderment. Isao blinked a few times, sitting up slowly, he would look around before looking back up at them. Still without speaking he would stand up and dust himself off. His clothes were all dirty from that whole event. Afterwards he would give a little sigh as he fixed his outfit, then outstretch his arm towards the apes.

"Hello there. My name is Isao Aburame. It is nice to meet you. I'm lookin' for a knock up stream. I think that I can take one up to the sky in order to get to the Island in the sky. do you know where I can find one?"

Though his face was obscured his eyes were in the form of a smile. It seemed that these apes could talk. Isao had never known that there could be talking apes, but he had seen a lot of new things on this island. It wasn't that hard to believe. It was weird to see Islands with so much dirt and trees. New Jack Island was nothing like this. He was used to Coral Forrest, the underwater marvel. There were many days that he had spend traversing those waters...
Shoujou and Masira continued to look at the strange man in bewilderment and disbelief. What was he? He was dressed all strange, and acting stranger. His head was planted onto the ground while his ass and legs were sticking up, flailing about. Before long, Isao corrected himself into a sitting position and looked at the two primal men. He introduced himself, before stating that he was looking for a knock up stream. Shoujou and Masira blinked a few times, unsure if they had just heard his words correctly. But before long, they realized they must have indeed heard it well. This man believed into the island up in the Sky - and he even found out a way to get there was through the knock up stream. Most would laugh Isao off, and in fact in the town, they had laughed him off. But Shoujou and Masira knew better.

They looked at each other, as if looking for confirmation from one another, before nodding in agreement.

I think we should bring him to Cricket-san... he'll know what to do with this weirdo.

I agree. What if he tries something funny though?

Then we'll just beat him up.

What if he's strong though?

Can't be as strong as us... look at the size of him...

True...

The two conversed, right in front of Isao, who could easily hear them. After reaching an agreement, they both looked at him and announced what was going to happen.

Alright then, little man! Is... Isuo? Anyway, we'll bring you to Cricket-san! You can talk to him...!

Would Isao follow along?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shoujou and Masira continued to look at the strange man in bewilderment and disbelief. What was he? He was dressed all strange, and acting stranger. His head was planted onto the ground while his ass and legs were sticking up, flailing about. Before long, Isao corrected himself into a sitting position and looked at the two primal men. He introduced himself, before stating that he was looking for a knock up stream. Shoujou and Masira blinked a few times, unsure if they had just heard his words correctly. But before long, they realized they must have indeed heard it well. This man believed into the island up in the Sky - and he even found out a way to get there was through the knock up stream. Most would laugh Isao off, and in fact in the town, they had laughed him off. But Shoujou and Masira knew better.

They looked at each other, as if looking for confirmation from one another, before nodding in agreement.

I think we should bring him to Cricket-san... he'll know what to do with this weirdo.

I agree. What if he tries something funny though?

Then we'll just beat him up.

What if he's strong though?

Can't be as strong as us... look at the size of him...

True...

The two conversed, right in front of Isao, who could easily hear them. After reaching an agreement, they both looked at him and announced what was going to happen.

Alright then, little man! Is... Isuo? Anyway, we'll bring you to Cricket-san! You can talk to him...!

Would Isao follow along?
Isao looked down at his hand, then back up at the apes. They said something about a cricket. Isao had never seen what a cricket was, so this was already getting interesting. They said something about beating up the ninja but it didn't seem to register. He just grinned, finally being shown to someone who probably knew something about the Knock Up Stream or where he could get to one. He was closer to his dream. He was going to get up to the land his mother came from. Every day he had stood upon the very clouds that had flew in the skies above him. He could feel it. It felt like something was pulling him to a home land.

"Ah okay, lead the way! I've never had a chance to talk with apes before. I didn't even know you could talk! This is pretty cool. What are you guys doing in this weird forest? There is a town back west. Also, what is a Cricket?"

Isao was happy to follow the furry men.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Isao looked down at his hand, then back up at the apes. They said something about a cricket. Isao had never seen what a cricket was, so this was already getting interesting. They said something about beating up the ninja but it didn't seem to register. He just grinned, finally being shown to someone who probably knew something about the Knock Up Stream or where he could get to one. He was closer to his dream. He was going to get up to the land his mother came from. Every day he had stood upon the very clouds that had flew in the skies above him. He could feel it. It felt like something was pulling him to a home land.

"Ah okay, lead the way! I've never had a chance to talk with apes before. I didn't even know you could talk! This is pretty cool. What are you guys doing in this weird forest? There is a town back west. Also, what is a Cricket?"

Isao was happy to follow the furry men.
Isao spoke up, telling Shoujou and Masira to ''lead the way''. Isao seemed to be excited about meeting Cricket, whatever this ''Cricket'' was. He also seemed to be surprised by Shoujou and Masira's ability to speak.

Of course we know how to speak.

Who doesn't know how to speak?

I know right? What a weird guy.

Anyway, let's go.

Shoujou and Masira said, the latter waving with his hand, telling Isao to come along and follow. The three left the forest out the back. A few minutes later, they ended up at a house - a strange one at that. A small brick residence in Jaya's eastern coast. This house, however, was only half of an entire one. The missing half of the house was covered with plywood resembling a huge castle, thus creating an illusion that could deceive onlookers coming from the ocean. However, the trio was coming from land, and so it just looked like a silly house - a kitten trying to be a tiger.

Shoujou knocked on the door, before opening it.

Oiiii, Cricket-san! We found a strange guy in the forest! He's talking about the Knock Up Stream and the land in the sky!

Shoujou shouted out all of the information right off the bat. Inside the house, sitting on a chair, was a tall, muscular, middle aged man with blond hair and what looked like a big chestnut on his head. A strange looking guy. He looked over his shoulder toward the trio. His eyes gazed toward Isao.

Huh? What land in the sky? What kind of stupidity is that? Who are you?

The man said, brushing Isao's thoughts and questions off. Enter - Mont Blanc Cricket.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Isao spoke up, telling Shoujou and Masira to ''lead the way''. Isao seemed to be excited about meeting Cricket, whatever this ''Cricket'' was. He also seemed to be surprised by Shoujou and Masira's ability to speak.

Of course we know how to speak.

Who doesn't know how to speak?

I know right? What a weird guy.

Anyway, let's go.

Shoujou and Masira said, the latter waving with his hand, telling Isao to come along and follow. The three left the forest out the back. A few minutes later, they ended up at a house - a strange one at that. A small brick residence in Jaya's eastern coast. This house, however, was only half of an entire one. The missing half of the house was covered with plywood resembling a huge castle, thus creating an illusion that could deceive onlookers coming from the ocean. However, the trio was coming from land, and so it just looked like a silly house - a kitten trying to be a tiger.

Shoujou knocked on the door, before opening it.

Oiiii, Cricket-san! We found a strange guy in the forest! He's talking about the Knock Up Stream and the land in the sky!

Shoujou shouted out all of the information right off the bat. Inside the house, sitting on a chair, was a tall, muscular, middle aged man with blond hair and what looked like a big chestnut on his head. A strange looking guy. He looked over his shoulder toward the trio. His eyes gazed toward Isao.

The man said, brushing Isao's thoughts and questions off. Enter - Mont Blanc Cricket.
The apes were an interesting discovery. They apparently had always been able to talk. This would be an interesting story to tell everyone back home one day. Isao was surely impressed. They posed an interesting question to the ninja. Who doesn't know how to speak? I know right? What a weird guy. At first Isao hadn't thought of it, but it made sense. He wondered if the giant insects or giant pink hippos could talk. It made him wonder if this Cricket was a giant cricket that could talk. It definitely made sense to him.

Honestly being around animals was a lot more comfortable. Animals weren't as quick to judge appearances. Being at ease with this, Isao began to finally realize how warm being in a jungle could be. He was feeling a bit overheated. Over time Isao began to take off articles of clothing. First was his mask, then his shirt, and even his pants. It turned out that bandage wraps made your body warmer as well. Compelled by the heat, Isao unwrapped his spines and wings from his body. Sweat slid down his body with ease, his breath was heavy as he tried to keep stride with the apes.

Whew... I don't know how you two manage to keep so cool with all that fur. This place really seems to get hot...

If Shoujou or Masira reacted to his nakedness, his venomous spines, or the small pair of wings on his shoulders, was unknown. The group would have cleared the forest and come to an opening. Clear coast line with a cutoff lay before them, with a relatively cozy house that had a large wooden plywood cover behind it. This wasn't exciting as being back near water. Letting out an excited laugh, Isao sprinted towards the water, dropping his clothes near the cliff as he dove off the edge into the water below. It cooled his body and seemed to rejuvenate him a bit. He swam deep down into the water before arching back up and racing towards the surface. Oddly enough he would notice that the plywood cut out seemed to look somewhat like a castle as he neared the end of his dive. Using his speed and momentum, Isao would jump out of the water up onto the cliffside once more. He was dripping wet but his gills were flared up from being in the water, making them quite easy to notice. He would rejoin Shoujou and Masira as Shoujou knocked on the door and opened it up.

Isao's left eye twitched at first when he heard the brushing off of a Sky Island. His attitude changed when he saw who had said those words. His eyes almost bulged out of his head as his mouth was agape. He cupped his face with his hands as he let out a surprised scream;

A HUMAN IS GOING OUT OF THAT CHESTNUT!?!? HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!?

Top Bottom