Island Skypiea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The apes were an interesting discovery. They apparently had always been able to talk. This would be an interesting story to tell everyone back home one day. Isao was surely impressed. They posed an interesting question to the ninja. Who doesn't know how to speak? I know right? What a weird guy. At first Isao hadn't thought of it, but it made sense. He wondered if the giant insects or giant pink hippos could talk. It made him wonder if this Cricket was a giant cricket that could talk. It definitely made sense to him.

Honestly being around animals was a lot more comfortable. Animals weren't as quick to judge appearances. Being at ease with this, Isao began to finally realize how warm being in a jungle could be. He was feeling a bit overheated. Over time Isao began to take off articles of clothing. First was his mask, then his shirt, and even his pants. It turned out that bandage wraps made your body warmer as well. Compelled by the heat, Isao unwrapped his spines and wings from his body. Sweat slid down his body with ease, his breath was heavy as he tried to keep stride with the apes.

Whew... I don't know how you two manage to keep so cool with all that fur. This place really seems to get hot...

If Shoujou or Masira reacted to his nakedness, his venomous spines, or the small pair of wings on his shoulders, was unknown. The group would have cleared the forest and come to an opening. Clear coast line with a cutoff lay before them, with a relatively cozy house that had a large wooden plywood cover behind it. This wasn't exciting as being back near water. Letting out an excited laugh, Isao sprinted towards the water, dropping his clothes near the cliff as he dove off the edge into the water below. It cooled his body and seemed to rejuvenate him a bit. He swam deep down into the water before arching back up and racing towards the surface. Oddly enough he would notice that the plywood cut out seemed to look somewhat like a castle as he neared the end of his dive. Using his speed and momentum, Isao would jump out of the water up onto the cliffside once more. He was dripping wet but his gills were flared up from being in the water, making them quite easy to notice. He would rejoin Shoujou and Masira as Shoujou knocked on the door and opened it up.

Oiiii, Cricket-san! We found a strange guy in the forest! He's talking about the Knock Up Stream and the land in the sky!

Huh? What land in the sky? What kind of stupidity is that? Who are you?

Isao's left eye twitched at first when he heard the brushing off of a Sky Island. His attitude changed when he saw who had said those words. His eyes almost bulged out of his head as his mouth was agape. He cupped his face with his hands as he let out a surprised scream;

A HUMAN IS GOING OUT OF THAT CHESTNUT!?!? HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!?
After a jump into the ocean, Isao was brought to Cricket. Isao was still wet from the plunge and the water was dripping off of him, onto the floor of the house. Shoujou spoke, stating that they had found Isao in the forest, and that he was talking about the Knock Up Stream. Cricket, sitting down, looked over his shoulder, speaking before even really getting a good look at Isao. Cricket called Isao's thoughts and ideas stupid, just about denying the existence of the Knock Up Stream and the land in the sky. After looking closer at Isao, scanning him up to down and down to up a couple of times, Cricket sighed.

Why is this guy dripping all over the floor? Who's gonna clean this up now?

Cricket said, annoyed that Isao had come into his house all wet.

And where did you hear about this Knock Up Stream story and the land in the sky? Don't you think that's too childish of a story for an adult to believe?

Cricket said, before firing the last few dagger words.

Plus you look like a fishman... why would a fish want to go up to the dominion of birds?

Cricket clearly wasn't cooperating at all.

A drop of sweat rolled down the backs of the heads of Shoujou and Masira.

He sure is playing tough, Masira.

I know right?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
After a jump into the ocean, Isao was brought to Cricket. Isao was still wet from the plunge and the water was dripping off of him, onto the floor of the house. Shoujou spoke, stating that they had found Isao in the forest, and that he was talking about the Knock Up Stream. Cricket, sitting down, looked over his shoulder, speaking before even really getting a good look at Isao. Cricket called Isao's thoughts and ideas stupid, just about denying the existence of the Knock Up Stream and the land in the sky. After looking closer at Isao, scanning him up to down and down to up a couple of times, Cricket sighed.

Why is this guy dripping all over the floor? Who's gonna clean this up now?

Cricket said, annoyed that Isao had come into his house all wet.

And where did you hear about this Knock Up Stream story and the land in the sky? Don't you think that's too childish of a story for an adult to believe?

Cricket said, before firing the last few dagger words.

Plus you look like a fishman... why would a fish want to go up to the dominion of birds?

Cricket clearly wasn't cooperating at all.

A drop of sweat rolled down the backs of the heads of Shoujou and Masira.

He sure is playing tough, Masira.

I know right?
The Shandian/Fishman stood in silence as Cricket pointed out the pool of water that was forming around him. Cricket was relentless in belittling Isao's belief in a Sky Island. Wasn't this supposed to be the old man who was supposed to know about the knock up streams? Isao clenched his fists as he glared at the old man. Perhaps Shoujou and Masira noticed the wings on his back at this point, but in the heat of the moment he would turn his torso and point with his right thumb at the appendages on his shoulders. With a bit of a snarl, Isao would clap back at Cricket.

"I am more than just fishman, chestnut human! My mother comes from the sky and I am going to find the island she was born on! An Old Man in town told me I could find your stupid face out here, so are you going to show me where the knock up streams are or not!?"

Isao stepped forward towards Cricket, his foot making a wet splash in the pool he had created. He stared him down, convicted in his decision. He was where he was supposed to be and wasn't budging an inch.

"I'm not leaving until I know how to get home..."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Shandian/Fishman stood in silence as Cricket pointed out the pool of water that was forming around him. Cricket was relentless in belittling Isao's belief in a Sky Island. Wasn't this supposed to be the old man who was supposed to know about the knock up streams? Isao clenched his fists as he glared at the old man. Perhaps Shoujou and Masira noticed the wings on his back at this point, but in the heat of the moment he would turn his torso and point with his right thumb at the appendages on his shoulders. With a bit of a snarl, Isao would clap back at Cricket.

"I am more than just fishman, chestnut human! My mother comes from the sky and I am going to find the island she was born on! An Old Man in town told me I could find your stupid face out here, so are you going to show me where the knock up streams are or not!?"

Isao stepped forward towards Cricket, his foot making a wet splash in the pool he had created. He stared him down, convicted in his decision. He was where he was supposed to be and wasn't budging an inch.

Cricket continued to be hard on Isao, first calling out the puddle of water that was forming on the floor, then his Fishman race, and then his obsession with the Knock Up Stream. Little did Isao know, Cricket was just having a bad day. However, all of that quickly turned around when Isao spoke up, turning around to show the Skypiean wings on his back.

A dumbfounded reaction by Cricket, he had never seen this before. A person from the sky, down here? How was this possible? Was Isao born in the blue sea? Or was he brought down as a child? What happened to his mother? Did she come down to the blue sea as well? Cricket stood up and walked over to Isao hastily, grabbing him by the shoulder and comically dragging him over to sit down.

What the hell? I've never seen this before. Sit down and tell me your story! What are you doing down here?!

Cricket said, pushy but clearly excited about this development.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Cricket continued to be hard on Isao, first calling out the puddle of water that was forming on the floor, then his Fishman race, and then his obsession with the Knock Up Stream. Little did Isao know, Cricket was just having a bad day. However, all of that quickly turned around when Isao spoke up, turning around to show the Skypiean wings on his back.

A dumbfounded reaction by Cricket, he had never seen this before. A person from the sky, down here? How was this possible? Was Isao born in the blue sea? Or was he brought down as a child? What happened to his mother? Did she come down to the blue sea as well? Cricket stood up and walked over to Isao hastily, grabbing him by the shoulder and comically dragging him over to sit down.

What the hell? I've never seen this before. Sit down and tell me your story! What are you doing down here?!

Cricket said, pushy but clearly excited about this development.
New Jack City: Where the Sky and the Sea Meet
@Kaka

Isao was pulled by his armpit to a chair before he even had a moment to register what was happening. Cricket seemed to have been surprised by the wings on Isao's back, his entire demeanor shifting. He was excited now that he was before a true skypian. Unfortunately for Cricket, Isao had never been to the sky. He knew nothing about it besides stories his mother once told him. The fishman was caught off guard by the old man's behavioral change, but he collected himself and rubbed his chin. What was Isao doing "down here"? He pondered on that question for a moment before a look of realization came on his face.

"Oh, yeah I guess I came to Paradise from the New World because my mom told me that her family came from Shandora. It is an island up in the sky. A long time ago God struck my mother's family down from Shandora to the Blue Sea below. Their cloud landed upon New Jack City..."

A underwater city made of coral, New Jack City was once a haven for fishmen and mermaids alone. It's coral skyscrapers offered hope to those who had escaped Fishman Island long ago. There was no land for humanity to walk upon in this world. That changed the day that a large mass of Imperial Cumulus landed upon the tops of the skyscrapers below.

"My Dad said 'the 8 Tribes became 9 that day and it solidified that Aburame Tribe's claim'. Whatever that means. I don't really care all that much about home. I just heard that knock up streams occurred in this area so I got in my fishing boat and sailed here. I figured I could swim up the stream and get up into the sky. Once I get in the sky I can just jump from cloud to cloud until I get to Shandora again. Maybe I can... bring my mom back something."

At this thought Isao seemed to produce his water dial from somewhere, fiddling with it absentmindedly. It was an old dial, given to him by his mother to play with. Holding it up for Cricket to see, he would shake it slightly before speaking again.

"My mother gave me this. She says it came from the sky."

He would push the button on the shell, causing a small jet of water to shoot out harmlessly towards Masira's face. It was once his favorite toy, but as a fishman he found other uses for it. Nevertheless it was special to him. As he turned back towards Cricket, he scooted closer to the old man with a look of desperation on his face. He looked almost human, yet his fish features were a lot more pronounced when he wasn't in his shinobi garb.

"Please, if you help me get to the sky... I would be willing to part with this. I have to get up there. I have to see it for myself."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Cricket sat Isao down, shocked by the man's origins and overall being. To Cricket, Isao was probably one of the most interesting individuals he had ever seen. Cricket asked Isao to tell him his story, and what he was doing down here. Little did Cricket know, this was actually ''up here'', not ''down here'', for Isao. After all, Isao hailed from New Jack City, an underwater coral city. Isao went on to explain his mother's origins, which were in Shandora - a city up in the sky. God had struck them down from the sky, and that was how they had ended up in New Jack City. Isao was given a Water Dial from his mother, though Cricket did not know what the strange shell looking thing was. Isao went on to explain what he was here for. He wanted to find a Knock Up Stream, and he wanted to swim up it to reach the sky.

The hell...

Cricket said, hearing Isao's absurd idea. But, there was no outburst from Cricket. After all, Isao's plan made some sense. Even if only a little bit. After all, he was a fishman. Many ships would break down on their rough ride up the Knock Up Stream. Some ships would break at the moment of impact right in the beginning. But Isao was a fishman. Could he really do it?

Gwahahahaha...! Man, I did not think today would be what it is. Who could have expected this...

Right, Shoujou?! Masira?!

Oi! Gwahahahaha!

Alright you crazy bastard. You really intend to do this?

Cricket asked, staring at Isao with intensity in his eyes. What Isao was planning to do was incredibly dangerous, even for a Fishman. The currents involved in a Knock Up Stream were incredibly violent, even a Fishman would have a hard time withstanding them and maneuvering the Knock Up Stream successfully.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Cricket sat Isao down, shocked by the man's origins and overall being. To Cricket, Isao was probably one of the most interesting individuals he had ever seen. Cricket asked Isao to tell him his story, and what he was doing down here. Little did Cricket know, this was actually ''up here'', not ''down here'', for Isao. After all, Isao hailed from New Jack City, an underwater coral city. Isao went on to explain his mother's origins, which were in Shandora - a city up in the sky. God had struck them down from the sky, and that was how they had ended up in New Jack City. Isao was given a Water Dial from his mother, though Cricket did not know what the strange shell looking thing was. Isao went on to explain what he was here for. He wanted to find a Knock Up Stream, and he wanted to swim up it to reach the sky.

The hell...

Cricket said, hearing Isao's absurd idea. But, there was no outburst from Cricket. After all, Isao's plan made some sense. Even if only a little bit. After all, he was a fishman. Many ships would break down on their rough ride up the Knock Up Stream. Some ships would break at the moment of impact right in the beginning. But Isao was a fishman. Could he really do it?

Gwahahahaha...! Man, I did not think today would be what it is. Who could have expected this...

Right, Shoujou?! Masira?!

Oi! Gwahahahaha!

Cricket asked, staring at Isao with intensity in his eyes. What Isao was planning to do was incredibly dangerous, even for a Fishman. The currents involved in a Knock Up Stream were incredibly violent, even a Fishman would have a hard time withstanding them and maneuvering the Knock Up Stream successfully.
A Strengthened Resolve!
@Kaka

The exchange had been a lot more straight forward than what Cricket may have been expecting. After finishing his story, Isao sat, waiting for the old man's response. His grip on his water dial tightened in those painfully long seconds. Cricket seemed incredulous towards Isao's story, yet he was not at all what the young man was expecting either. The old man seemed to grin at the nearly naked ninja with an excited glint in his eye. After letting out a hearty laugh, he asked Isao a question that would change his life forever...

Isao pulled the top of his shozoku over his head with a grin, standing up and flexing his left arm while slapping his bicep with his right hand.

"Oh Yeah! I am going to get up into the clouds! Nothing can stop me! To the Extreme! RAJAJAJAJAJAJJA"

He stood there confidently, ready to take on whatever risks were ahead.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

"Oh Yeah! I am going to get up into the clouds! Nothing can stop me! To the Extreme! RAJAJAJAJAJAJJA"

Cricket questioned Isao's resolve, but the latter quickly reaffirmed it, stating that he would get to the clouds and that nothing could stop him. Isao capped it off with a RAJAJAJAJAJA laugh, while simultaneously, Cricket laughed with the sound of GWAHAHAHAHA. A scene of two men, one fueld by the other's resolve and the other way around. And as fate would have it, the time was just right.

Alright young man. I don't know how you'll do this, because you don't have a ship good enough to ride the Knock Up Stream. I don't have one either. If you intend to swim up it, I have no idea what will happen to your body. The strong current might tear you apart.

But, who gives a shit right?! You only live once!

Cricket said, his logic clearly out the window, his enthusiasm for Isao's adventure, and the stories that would come from it, at an all time high.

I don't know if Lady Fate loves you or something... but based on my prediction, there will be a Knock Up Stream 3 weeks from now... Until then, you can stay here. Train your body. And show me what kind of a man you are!

Cricket said, laying forth the plan. For the next couple of weeks, Cricket, Shoujou and Masira, as well as Isao, would share a home. They would train together, they would eat together, and they would share stories together. Every time Isao shared his stories, Cricket in particular would stare at him with pure awe. He really was a man that loved good stories, of good adventures. Before they knew it, the three weeks would be soon coming to an end.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Cricket questioned Isao's resolve, but the latter quickly reaffirmed it, stating that he would get to the clouds and that nothing could stop him. Isao capped it off with a RAJAJAJAJAJA laugh, while simultaneously, Cricket laughed with the sound of GWAHAHAHAHA. A scene of two men, one fueld by the other's resolve and the other way around. And as fate would have it, the time was just right.

Alright young man. I don't know how you'll do this, because you don't have a ship good enough to ride the Knock Up Stream. I don't have one either. If you intend to swim up it, I have no idea what will happen to your body. The strong current might tear you apart.

But, who gives a shit right?! You only live once!

Cricket said, his logic clearly out the window, his enthusiasm for Isao's adventure, and the stories that would come from it, at an all time high.

I don't know if Lady Fate loves you or something... but based on my prediction, there will be a Knock Up Stream 3 weeks from now... Until then, you can stay here. Train your body. And show me what kind of a man you are!

Cricket said, laying forth the plan. For the next couple of weeks, Cricket, Shoujou and Masira, as well as Isao, would share a home. They would train together, they would eat together, and they would share stories together. Every time Isao shared his stories, Cricket in particular would stare at him with pure awe. He really was a man that loved good stories, of good adventures. Before they knew it, the three weeks would be soon coming to an end.
A Monkey's Best Friend
@Kaka

The young man's resolve had touched Cricket's curiosity. It had seemed that Isao had come to the right place. Cricket had warned Isao of the danger he would face taking on the Knock Up Stream. It seemed that he won the old man over, not needing to give up his precious Water Dial. All he would have to do is stay with Cricket for 3 weeks; training his body in order to brave the ferocious waters. 3 Weeks were all that the ninja had to...

"THREE WEEKS!?!?!?!?"

The poor kid hadn't been prepared to have to wait such a long time. He wasn't typically a patient person. Yanking at his hair, Isao let out an exasperated groan. He almost seemed to melt to the floor for a moment. As fast as he seemed to deflate, the young ninja hopped up to his feet, clutching his fists. Fire was in his eyes again. It seemed that Cricket's energy really was feeding into Isao's. His lips turned upwards into a smirk as he stared back at Cricket.

"I'll get up to the sky. Just you wait and see..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Time had passed. Everyday Isao trained in order to ready himself for his journey. Working beside Cricket, Shoujou and Masira in order to become stronger. Unlike when he was young, the training was different. As he shared his stories of the New World with Cricket, He found that the old man was enjoying his company. The entire experience was actually... enjoyable. He found himself sharing a lot more about himself than he had before. It seemed that he had made friends.

The days seemed to fly by. Before Isao knew it the day had come. He was ready to embrace whatever came along with it.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Three weeks passed. Cricket, Shoujou, Masira and Isao had lived together, slept in the same house, cooked and ate together, and most importantly, trained and got ready, together. Relationships were formed for life. After all, the four needed one another. Isao needed them to get to the land in the sky, and the trio of Cricket, Shoujou and Masira needed Isao to go there, and come back with the grandest of stories of adventures and secrets.

Now, it was time to go. The sun was starting to rise on the horizon, illuminating the sea in a beautiful, colorful hue. Birds were starting to sing the morning songs, nature was beginning to wake up. Needless to say, Cricket, Shoujou and Masira, as well as Isao, likely didn't sleep a wink the previous night, too excited for what was to come. It was time to get going.

The four had set up the ship the night before. They had to go out at sea, to reach a certain spot. A certain set of coordinates. That was where the Knock Up Stream would occur. It would be a five hour long journey, but before long, the ship reached the area. And they were right on time. A whirlpool was beginning to form on the surface of the ocean, but the ship could not get too close. If it did, it would be pulled into the whirlpool and onto the Knock Up Stream by force.

It was all up to Isao now.

With the four on deck, overlooking the whirlpool, Cricket walked up to Isao, extending a hand. The wind was beginning to pick up powerfully.

Alright young adventurer... this is where we part. You need to reach the center of that whirlpool. I don't know how your body will hold up against the strong currents... much less when the Knock Up Stream hits you.

But if you cannot survive that, you will never reach the land in the sky.

I will miss your goofy face around here. You better come back and visit with some good stories... and secrets. Let me know how the women look up there too. Bwahahaha!

Cricket said, Shoujou and Masira standing behind him and grinning ear to ear.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Three weeks passed. Cricket, Shoujou, Masira and Isao had lived together, slept in the same house, cooked and ate together, and most importantly, trained and got ready, together. Relationships were formed for life. After all, the four needed one another. Isao needed them to get to the land in the sky, and the trio of Cricket, Shoujou and Masira needed Isao to go there, and come back with the grandest of stories of adventures and secrets.

Now, it was time to go. The sun was starting to rise on the horizon, illuminating the sea in a beautiful, colorful hue. Birds were starting to sing the morning songs, nature was beginning to wake up. Needless to say, Cricket, Shoujou and Masira, as well as Isao, likely didn't sleep a wink the previous night, too excited for what was to come. It was time to get going.

The four had set up the ship the night before. They had to go out at sea, to reach a certain spot. A certain set of coordinates. That was where the Knock Up Stream would occur. It would be a five hour long journey, but before long, the ship reached the area. And they were right on time. A whirlpool was beginning to form on the surface of the ocean, but the ship could not get too close. If it did, it would be pulled into the whirlpool and onto the Knock Up Stream by force.

It was all up to Isao now.

With the four on deck, overlooking the whirlpool, Cricket walked up to Isao, extending a hand. The wind was beginning to pick up powerfully.

Alright young adventurer... this is where we part. You need to reach the center of that whirlpool. I don't know how your body will hold up against the strong currents... much less when the Knock Up Stream hits you.

I will miss your goofy face around here. You better come back and visit with some good stories... and secrets. Let me know how the women look up there too. Bwahahaha!

Cricket said, Shoujou and Masira standing behind him and grinning ear to ear.
A Clash of Wills!? Isao takes on the Knock Up Stream
@Kaka

The day had finally come. Isao was going to attempt to take the Knock Up Stream up into the Sky. Cricket, Shoujou, and Masira had helped Isao prepare for this. In fact, they had spent the entire night getting the ship ready. Though he didn't know much about ships, he was lucky to have the help of the other three. It was a bittersweet moment for him. He was going to get up into the sky, and discover the land of his ancestors. The shinobi didn't fully comprehend the severe destructive power of a Knock Up Stream. He was about to attempt something that was unheard of. The journey to the site was silent. Perhaps the weight of the situation had fallen upon the four men, or perhaps it was the life changing scene that came into view.

An immense, violent, and unrelenting whirlpool lay before them a few kilometers off. The wonder of this natural disaster was awe inspiring. Cricket was the first to move, approaching Isao with a grin and an extended hand. Grinning back himself, Isao extended his own hand, grasping the old man's in a strong grip. The wind had begun to whip up aggressively, almost knocking Isao back a step.

"Next time I come back, I'll bring you back a souvenir!"

Isao laughed for a moment, but his focus reset on his new task. He seemed to be confident in his abilities. Would he really get through this the way that he thought? Nodding one last time at each of his new friends, Isao would dive down into the sea below. Gliding through the water, Isao swam along the current towards the center of the whirlpool, seeming to pick up speed. The currents definitely felt stronger than anything that Isao could have described. Coating his body in haki, He squinted in order to try and see what might have been at the bottom of this phenomenon.​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A Clash of Wills!? Isao takes on the Knock Up Stream
@Kaka

The day had finally come. Isao was going to attempt to take the Knock Up Stream up into the Sky. Cricket, Shoujou, and Masira had helped Isao prepare for this. In fact, they had spent the entire night getting the ship ready. Though he didn't know much about ships, he was lucky to have the help of the other three. It was a bittersweet moment for him. He was going to get up into the sky, and discover the land of his ancestors. The shinobi didn't fully comprehend the severe destructive power of a Knock Up Stream. He was about to attempt something that was unheard of. The journey to the site was silent. Perhaps the weight of the situation had fallen upon the four men, or perhaps it was the life changing scene that came into view.

An immense, violent, and unrelenting whirlpool lay before them a few kilometers off. The wonder of this natural disaster was awe inspiring. Cricket was the first to move, approaching Isao with a grin and an extended hand. Grinning back himself, Isao extended his own hand, grasping the old man's in a strong grip. The wind had begun to whip up aggressively, almost knocking Isao back a step.

"Next time I come back, I'll bring you back a souvenir!"

Isao laughed for a moment, but his focus reset on his new task. He seemed to be confident in his abilities. Would he really get through this the way that he thought? Nodding one last time at each of his new friends, Isao would dive down into the sea below. Gliding through the water, Isao swam along the current towards the center of the whirlpool, seeming to pick up speed. The currents definitely felt stronger than anything that Isao could have described. Coating his body in haki, He squinted in order to try and see what might have been at the bottom of this phenomenon.

Cricket stood proudly with his arms folded across his chest, looking on as Isao bravely jumped into the waters. Shoujou and Masira waved Isao good bye, cheering him on like friends should. Isao braved the waters, swimming along the currents before eventually entering the whirlpool. The currents were immensely powerful and most ships would be pulled in multiple directions, rocked violently and at the mercy of the cascading waters. However, Isao masterfully and skillfully navigated the forces, swimming along the currents as much as he could. As the forces continued to get stronger and stronger, he started to imbue his body with Busou-shoku no Haki - an ability not often seen by individuals in these seas. Isao's trump card was revealed - this invisible armor was how he intended to attempt to survive the Knock Up Stream. But would it be enough?

Isao started to approach the center of the whirlpool. The pressure underneath the surface started to become stronger and stronger. As Isao reached the center, the whirlpool, suddenly and out of nowhere, disappeared. Did the Knock Up Stream fail to happen? Was Cricket wrong? Would Isao make it to the land in the sky? Those were likely the thoughts in Isao's head. However, the worries were for nothing. Grinning, Cricket shouted. His shout was booming and could be heard as far as the horizon.

HERE IT COMES, ISAO! GET READY!

MAKE SURE YOU COME BACK, AND TELL US WHAT YOU SAW UP THERE!!!

Cricket roared. Suddenly, the calm waters underneath Isao began to bubble up. The bubbling continued to intensify until it was at its peak. The water surface started to rise, almost as if it was inflating. And then it happened.

The ocean itself erupted upward. A powerful Knock Up Stream occurred, one bigger than Cricket had ever seen. It cut up the air through the clouds, and in a matter of seconds, Isao was gone from sight. Back on the ship, Cricket, Shoujou and Masira were gritting their teeth and clenching their fists to the point of their fists shaking. They knew this moment would come. The moment when Isao would be gone from sight... and they would have to wait for days, weeks or ever years to find out if Isao survived and ever made it up there. A horrible fate for the trio - one that would leave them with many sleepless nights.

That is... unless a sign came.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Cricket stood proudly with his arms folded across his chest, looking on as Isao bravely jumped into the waters. Shoujou and Masira waved Isao good bye, cheering him on like friends should. Isao braved the waters, swimming along the currents before eventually entering the whirlpool. The currents were immensely powerful and most ships would be pulled in multiple directions, rocked violently and at the mercy of the cascading waters. However, Isao masterfully and skillfully navigated the forces, swimming along the currents as much as he could. As the forces continued to get stronger and stronger, he started to imbue his body with Busou-shoku no Haki - an ability not often seen by individuals in these seas. Isao's trump card was revealed - this invisible armor was how he intended to attempt to survive the Knock Up Stream. But would it be enough?

Isao started to approach the center of the whirlpool. The pressure underneath the surface started to become stronger and stronger. As Isao reached the center, the whirlpool, suddenly and out of nowhere, disappeared. Did the Knock Up Stream fail to happen? Was Cricket wrong? Would Isao make it to the land in the sky? Those were likely the thoughts in Isao's head. However, the worries were for nothing. Grinning, Cricket shouted. His shout was booming and could be heard as far as the horizon.

HERE IT COMES, ISAO! GET READY!

MAKE SURE YOU COME BACK, AND TELL US WHAT YOU SAW UP THERE!!!

Cricket roared. Suddenly, the calm waters underneath Isao began to bubble up. The bubbling continued to intensify until it was at its peak. The water surface started to rise, almost as if it was inflating. And then it happened.

The ocean itself erupted upward. A powerful Knock Up Stream occurred, one bigger than Cricket had ever seen. It cut up the air through the clouds, and in a matter of seconds, Isao was gone from sight. Back on the ship, Cricket, Shoujou and Masira were gritting their teeth and clenching their fists to the point of their fists shaking. They knew this moment would come. The moment when Isao would be gone from sight... and they would have to wait for days, weeks or ever years to find out if Isao survived and ever made it up there. A horrible fate for the trio - one that would leave them with many sleepless nights.

That is... unless a sign came.
A Powerful Foe Approaches!
@Kaka

The young fishman dove downwards towards the bottom of the massive whirlpool but he didn't make it. The currents were pretty strong, starting to squeeze Isao's body. They shook his body as they began to pull him down. He turned about the current as he attempted to push his way towards the eye of the whirlpool. Struggling, he reached out towards the cloudy white surface. Just before he could touch it, the water suddenly calmed. It was an event that he had not prepared for....

Utter silence...
It was so peaceful...
So... Calm...
In a panic, Isao did what came naturally to him. Seeming to dash forward, Isao attempted to throw a strong kick at the water below. At first, his foot seemed to glide through the water before striking something that felt like a titanium wall. Gritting his teeth, he attempted to finish through with his attack. Pain shot through his body as he muttered out his technique.

"Kaisoku: Harakudashigeri-UrKkK!!!"

Isao's body seemed to crack as the Knock Up Stream blasted up into the sky. His vision faded to white as this horrifying natural phenomenon sent him upwards. Cricket stood leagues away from the giant water spout, grinning from ear to ear. He looked up hopefully for some sign that Isao was up there, but it looked like he would have to wait a lot longer...

Isao's DPS:
41-60: 1. Wall/Tree Level + 2 (B Rank) + 1 (Invisible Haki) = 101-119: 4. City Block Level

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A Powerful Foe Approaches!
@Kaka

The young fishman dove downwards towards the bottom of the massive whirlpool but he didn't make it. The currents were pretty strong, starting to squeeze Isao's body. They shook his body as they began to pull him down. He turned about the current as he attempted to push his way towards the eye of the whirlpool. Struggling, he reached out towards the cloudy white surface. Just before he could touch it, the water suddenly calmed. It was an event that he had not prepared for....

Utter silence...
It was so peaceful...
So... Calm...
In a panic, Isao did what came naturally to him. Seeming to dash forward, Isao attempted to throw a strong kick at the water below. At first, his foot seemed to glide through the water before striking something that felt like a titanium wall. Gritting his teeth, he attempted to finish through with his attack. Pain shot through his body as he muttered out his technique.

"Kaisoku: Harakudashigeri-UrKkK!!!"

Isao's body seemed to crack as the Knock Up Stream blasted up into the sky. His vision faded to white as this horrifying natural phenomenon sent him upwards. Cricket stood leagues away from the giant water spout, grinning from ear to ear. He looked up hopefully for some sign that Isao was up there, but it looked like he would have to wait a lot longer...

Isao's DPS:
41-60: 1. Wall/Tree Level + 2 (B Rank) + 1 (Invisible Haki) = 101-119: 4. City Block Level

The enormous Knock Up Stream, larger than any Cricket had ever witnessed before, erupted from the ocean surface, engulfing Isao. In the grand scheme of things, Isao was an insect in size compared to the massive eruption of water. The moment the Knock Up Stream erupted, Isao was instantly engulfed and wiped out of sight.

It would be a long, long time until Cricket, Shoujou and Masira would see their new friend again. Unsure of whether Isao had survived the ordeal, all the trio could do was hope. Hope that at some point in the future, they would be reunited, and Isao would come back with the grandest of stories to be told.

As for Isao, despite his great durability, Fishman heritage, and even his Busou-shoku no Haki - a power rare in these seas - he would be knocked out the moment the Knock Up Stream hit him. A whole day would pass, until Isao finally awoke. As his senses would come back to him, Isao would feel his body laying on something soft. Something squishy. But firm enough to keep him afloat. It was white in color. And if Isao tried to get up, he would find an immense jolt of pain shoot through his body. He was significantly injured from the blast.

Welcome... to Skypiea.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The enormous Knock Up Stream, larger than any Cricket had ever witnessed before, erupted from the ocean surface, engulfing Isao. In the grand scheme of things, Isao was an insect in size compared to the massive eruption of water. The moment the Knock Up Stream erupted, Isao was instantly engulfed and wiped out of sight.

It would be a long, long time until Cricket, Shoujou and Masira would see their new friend again. Unsure of whether Isao had survived the ordeal, all the trio could do was hope. Hope that at some point in the future, they would be reunited, and Isao would come back with the grandest of stories to be told.

As for Isao, despite his great durability, Fishman heritage, and even his Busou-shoku no Haki - a power rare in these seas - he would be knocked out the moment the Knock Up Stream hit him. A whole day would pass, until Isao finally awoke. As his senses would come back to him, Isao would feel his body laying on something soft. Something squishy. But firm enough to keep him afloat. It was white in color. And if Isao tried to get up, he would find an immense jolt of pain shoot through his body. He was significantly injured from the blast.

Welcome... to Skypiea.

Mr. Blue Sky
@Kaka

The vorpal vacuum of water hit Isao with such force that the pain was absolutely overwhelming. The poor ninja had not been prepared for it's power and had paid the price. He was fortunate that the blow instantly knocked him out, for the pain he endured might have been deadly. His vision blurred white as he popped out into the clouds, landing on a very soft cloud below. His body must have withheld the pain a lot better than he thought... that is... until a pain that started at the heel of his right feet shot up throughout his body like a bolt of lightning. Gritting his teeth and grasping his leg, he bared through the pain until he endured it running it's course. Letting out a controlled breath, he released the stress he felt from the pain he was feeling. He must have shattered his heel. It felt hot and he couldn't move his foot.
Isao started to move to sit up and suddenly the spot where he was sitting started to bubble. His lower back felt like it was starting to get sucked downwards. Panicked, the young fishman attempts to claw at the clouds around him, but his attempts were in vain. the bubbles began to expand around his body until suddenly he fell into the cloud with a splash, falling into a deep black expanse. Isao tried to scream but no sound seemed to escape his lips. The pressure seemed to squeeze at him from all sides. It was like he was being crushed. All he could do was struggle to raise his head up to see that his body was laying mangled in the clouds above. Upon realizing this, his eyes widened and he noticed that he was beginning to fall down towards his body below.

"WwWwwWAaAaAAaAahHhHhH!!!!"
The moment that Isao awoke in the clouds, all that the young ninja could do was scream. With his consciousness resurfacing, his torment and pain had begun. Indescribable pain ravaged the poor soul's body. His screams were piercing. Even if he had the strength to, Isao couldn't move. Yes as soon as he gained consciousness, it was lost. The boy went limp once more and seemed to drift back into the darkness of his mind....

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Isao's body shot up into the Sky violently, enough to knock him unconscious. Had Isao not landed on something, he would have simply went crashing down into the seas below from thousands of feet of altitude. Certain death. Absolute recklessness. However, the world had a way of rewarding the reckless, the risktakers. Isao landed on the clouds, which were dense enough and special in substance, able to hold things like the ground. For a moment, Isao awoke from his nightmare, and an incredible pain tormented his body instantly, causing him to lose consciousness again. Isao was at the whim of anyone who would find him, or any thing that came across him. Days later, he would awake.

If Isao looked around, he would find himself in a bed, inside a hut. The hut was warm and cozy, and it was the best that Isao could have hoped for in this situation. He was not chained. He was not dead. His body was wrapped up from head to toe, and the pain that he would remember from his dreams, was barely there. He was still, indeed, injured, but his injuries had been treated to a large extent, it seemed. A woman walked into the hut, putting down a bucket of warm water. She noticed that Isao was awake and looked at him, speaking.

You're awake, stranger.

The woman said, beautiful in appearance.

Black hair, a slender but well trained body, and a pair of small white wings adorning her back. Isao's first contact with the people of the Sky.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Isao's body shot up into the Sky violently, enough to knock him unconscious. Had Isao not landed on something, he would have simply went crashing down into the seas below from thousands of feet of altitude. Certain death. Absolute recklessness. However, the world had a way of rewarding the reckless, the risktakers. Isao landed on the clouds, which were dense enough and special in substance, able to hold things like the ground. For a moment, Isao awoke from his nightmare, and an incredible pain tormented his body instantly, causing him to lose consciousness again. Isao was at the whim of anyone who would find him, or any thing that came across him. Days later, he would awake.

If Isao looked around, he would find himself in a bed, inside a hut. The hut was warm and cozy, and it was the best that Isao could have hoped for in this situation. He was not chained. He was not dead. His body was wrapped up from head to toe, and the pain that he would remember from his dreams, was barely there. He was still, indeed, injured, but his injuries had been treated to a large extent, it seemed. A woman walked into the hut, putting down a bucket of warm water. She noticed that Isao was awake and looked at him, speaking.

You're awake, stranger.

The woman said, beautiful in appearance.

Black hair, a slender but well trained body, and a pair of small white wings adorning her back. Isao's first contact with the people of the Sky.
In the Arms of An Angel
@Kaka

Isao stood in a void of darkness. His body felt heavy. He tried to say something; to call out for someone, but he couldn't open his mouth. He began to wonder if he had died. It made a lot of sense. The pain he had felt when the Knock Up Stream struck... it felt like it had destroyed his body. Now he seemed to feel nothing. He was absolutely, and entirely alone. The realization that he could actually be dead had started to seep in, until a beam of light seemed to open up above him. A figure cast a shadow down from above. A slender form with outstretched arms and wings. It had to of been an angel. As the figure seemed to descend closer to him, the light around them became blinding. At that moment....

Isao's eyes opened to find himself in a comfortable hut. In fact, he wondered if he was back home on New Jack Island. Was he in the Primordial Heaven? The young man attempted to sit up, but only just realized his body was completely wrapped in bandages. The pain he had originally felt was now significantly more bearable compared to before. He had survived his battle with the ocean.

You're awake, stranger.

Standing at the entrance of the hut, just barely within his peripheral vision, was a beautiful raven-haired woman. Surprisingly, his response would not be what either of them expected. Perhaps it was the fact that Isao was groggy and still not completely recovered. Unfortunately, once the words left his mouth they couldn't be taken back.

"Mom? What are you doing in my hut? I was just taking a nap I promise..."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Isao's eyes opened, and the angel woman from the sky noticed it, speaking. However, whether it was due to the delirium of what all had just happened to Isao, or something else, he blurted out the most ridiculous thing he could.
"Mom? What are you doing in my hut? I was just taking a nap I promise..."
The woman grit her teeth, clenched her fist and without any warning whatsoever, smacked Isao over his head violently but comically.

The fuck? How old do I look?!

The woman said angrily, her angelic appearance from earlier, now looking much more like an angered warrior woman.

She walked out angrily, leaving Isao alone in the hut. If Isao tried to get up and go out of the hut, he would notice that his body was in a much, much better condition, and while he could not fight very well in this state, he could easily enough walk around.

Top Bottom