Food TB's Kitchen

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

A thread for foodies chefs and everyone who loves to cook and eat, post yer recipes, photos, experiences and everything food related. I got no inspiration now but I might post a recipe or two for starters.

Last edited:
Fattoush

Ali

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Div we all know what’s your favorite meal in your kitchen but can you make it? :pepeban:

Personally I recommend Salads, they are very very healthy and they prevent the incidence of cancers in the gastrointestinal tract especially the ever increasing colon cancer Because it contains large quantities of fibers.

there’s this Arabian salad that is called “Fattoush” (Maybe it came to us from Turkey, @Yasin is from there and probably knows it better) it so damn delicious you’ll eat a bowel by yourself.

Ingredients
  • 4 teaspoons ground sumac, soaked in 4 teaspoons warm water for 15 minutes.
  • 3 tablespoons (or more) fresh lemon juice.
  • 2 tablespoons (or more) pomegranate molasses.
  • 2 small garlic cloves, minced.
  • 2 teaspoons (or more) white wine vinegar.
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried mint.
  • 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
  • Kosher salt.
  • 2 8"-diameter pita breads, halved, toasted until golden brown, broken into bite-size pieces
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • Kosher salt
  • 3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped, or 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 pound Persian cucumbers, or one 1-pound English hothouse cucumber, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
  • 6 scallions, thinly sliced
  • 2 Little Gem or baby romaine lettuces, or 1 small head romaine lettuce, trimmed, cut crosswise into 3/4" strips
  • 2 cups (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves
  • 2 cups purslane leaves or additional 3/4"-strips romaine lettuce
  • 1 cup fresh mint leaves
  • Ground sumac (optional)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Div we all know what’s your favorite meal in your kitchen but can you make it? :pepeban:

Personally I recommend Salads, they are very very healthy and they prevent the incidence of cancers in the gastrointestinal tract especially the ever increasing colon cancer Because it contains large quantities of fibers.

there’s this Arabian salad that is called “Fattoush” (Maybe it came to us from Turkey, @Yasin is from there and probably knows it better) it so damn delicious you’ll eat a bowel by yourself.

Ingredients
  • 4 teaspoons ground sumac, soaked in 4 teaspoons warm water for 15 minutes.
  • 3 tablespoons (or more) fresh lemon juice.
  • 2 tablespoons (or more) pomegranate molasses.
  • 2 small garlic cloves, minced.
  • 2 teaspoons (or more) white wine vinegar.
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried mint.
  • 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
  • Kosher salt.
  • 2 8"-diameter pita breads, halved, toasted until golden brown, broken into bite-size pieces
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • Kosher salt
  • 3 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped, or 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 pound Persian cucumbers, or one 1-pound English hothouse cucumber, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
  • 6 scallions, thinly sliced
  • 2 Little Gem or baby romaine lettuces, or 1 small head romaine lettuce, trimmed, cut crosswise into 3/4" strips
  • 2 cups (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley leaves
  • 2 cups purslane leaves or additional 3/4"-strips romaine lettuce
  • 1 cup fresh mint leaves
  • Ground sumac (optional)

I love how you post this with all confident and tell I am from Turkey! :') my man, my name is Turkish but I am not from there ?? I love this misunderstanding.

Ali

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I love how you post this with all confident and tell I am from Turkey! :') my man, my name is Turkish but I am not from there ?? I love this misunderstanding.
@Ziosa fail count please ? ?
But you know fattoush don’t you? :pepeban:

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I can't put it on YouTube yet, Twitch terms and such (need to wait 24 hours after initial stream) but here is the Twitch VOD for Chicken Biryani!

@Poison Chan @Ali @Larsi @Shottie
? there's a resturant that just opened up in my neighborhood that serves Biryani. Maybe I'll be tempted to test it out.

• Love
Reactions: Div

Ali

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I can't put it on YouTube yet, Twitch terms and such (need to wait 24 hours after initial stream) but here is the Twitch VOD for Chicken Biryani!

@Poison Chan @Ali @Larsi @Shottie
So good to see you Div, I love the panda hat ?

I actually know how to make biryani but not as good as you and by watching your stream I knew the reason behind my shitty cooking lol I skipped some steps ?

P.S: my mouth did melt at the end :feelsbadman:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I love how majority of men here's in TB loves cooking and knows how. Ima share my own recipes but do guys love Filipino cuisine? My specialty is spicy adobo.

But please teach me how to bake. I love blueberry cheesecake.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

It took me like 10 years but a few months ago I FINALLY was able to make Cinnamon Rolls that looked like my Grandma made em ?
The trick was to not over add flour. I'd been adding too much flour this whole time.
(the picture was taken before baking made em golden brown and covered in frosting).

I was always good at making pizza dough though *shrug*

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

It took me like 10 years but a few months ago I FINALLY was able to make Cinnamon Rolls that looked like my Grandma made em ?
The trick was to not over add flour. I'd been adding too much flour this whole time.
(the picture was taken before baking made em golden brown and covered in frosting).

I was always good at making pizza dough though *shrug*
Look at that. It looks yummy. I can smell the cinnamon from the states to here. I need to get a coffee.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'll hit that post about the mediterranean cuisine and a few recipe recommendations soon, I had the entire post outlined and wrote the recipes then lost it.
[automerge]1564857089[/automerge]
@Akiyousei

Ne, what do you think is the best mediterranean cuisine, as a chef what dishes is the one you want to recommend people the most?
Hmm the best.... Well any seafood recipe, grilled fish and a vide variety of fish stews and buzaras' (buzara is an authentic and a simple dalmatian recipe, used for mussels, shrimp, prawns, scampi, lobster) would be my recommendation, and lots of salad combos since it's summer. Here's 2 one-pan dishes which are always a summer hit, and both are very easy to make,

Scampi à la buzara:

1 kg of scampi (medium sized)
SPLASH of olive oil
2-3 lobes of finelly chopped garlic
1 patch of finelly chopped parsley
1 dl of white wine
1 dl of home made tomato sauce
2 dl of white wine (more if needed)
2-3 tablespoons of bread crumbs
sea salt
pepper
10 finely chopped rosemary leaves.

Heat up a deep frying pan, as soon as it's blazing hot add the olive oil, and scampi and shortly fry until scampi get a nice caramelized red colour. Add the finely chopped garlic, chopped rosemary, half of the chopped parsley, pepper, sea salt, tomato sauce, breadcrumbs and mix well. Pour in yer white wine and cook on medium heat for about 6 to 8 minutes until the alcohol evaporates. Bring off the and add the remaining chopped parsley.

*there are two variations of buzara sauce, white one, which is a more traditional sauce and the red one. If you wish to make your scampi in a white sauce it's the same recipe as this but without the tomato sauce and with a bit more breadcrumbs. The white variation is usually used more for cooking mussels and other clams.

Tomatosed sea bream:

3 tbspoons olive oil
2 whole sea bream or sea bass (about 400g each)
3 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1 small red chilli, chopped
500g of cherry tomatoes (red and yellow mix)
4 tbsp white wine
a big handful of capers
1 patch of chopped parsley
10 finely chopped rosemary leaves

Heat up a big wide frying pan. As soon as it's blazing hot splash some olive oil and carefully slip the fish in and fry for 4 mins on one side, after 4 minutes flip it over and scatter the chopped garlic around the fish. sizzle for about 20 seconds more then add the chopped chilli, rosemary and cherry tomatoes. As soon as the tomatoes start to sizzle introduce the white wine to this rhapsody. Let it simmer on nedium heat for about 6 minute until the alcohol evaporates, then add about 1dcl of water and season generously with sea salt and pepper.

Add capers and chopped parsley, put the lid on, turn down the heat and simmer for 10 mins more.

Bring that glorious pan to the table. Drizzle with a little more olive oil just before serving.

:)
[automerge]1564921694[/automerge]
This just in, or out, actually out. But it was in 30ish mins ago,

Waindotatouille,

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I am gonna try this one. Looks elegant and yummy. Hope I don't overcook it tho. Lol
Follow the timestamps and it won't overcook, also when you're adding the parsley and capers near the end you can squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the fish, along with seasoning the fish and making it less fishy (the citric acid reacts with proteins from the fish forming amine salts), it also firms up the fish making it less probable to fall apart and overcook.

Also a tip, you know the fish is cooked when it cracks a bit along it's spine. Depending on the size of the fish the meal can be done minutes sooner.

Top Bottom