Island The Azure City, Chongqing

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Azure City #12
@Einsauer
Cletus moved carefully through one of the random paths presented to him, looking out for traces of the phantom girl's trademark green glow. As he walked, the dead tree branches snapped under the weight of his footsteps. He wouldn't notice anything but his own footsteps and the smell of burning wood for quite sometime. A quick flashback of a burning forest would come to his mind, disappearing as quickly as it came. The Lunarian stopped in his tracks, looking around frantically only to find there was no sign of fire in sight.

"A wildfire? Are you trying to show me something ghost girl?"Cletus said to himself more than anything else. He observed the trees around him, yet saw no signs of past burning on their trunks. The Vampirate stared blankly for a while before scoffing. He was beginning to have second thoughts about joining this girl's game. Shaking away what just happened, Cletus let going.

He cringed at every step he made. His footsteps felt so much louder in the haunted woods, when it was already unerving enough not being able to see well. He peered through the tree Infront of him, trying to make out any glimpse of the familiar green glow. Instead he noticed the large figure of a "spectator". Caught off guard, the Lunarian grabbed the hilt of his sword, only for the lumbering figure to step backwards and disappear into the darkness, it's eyes peering down at him menacingly. Shallow breathes followed coming from all directions, letting him know that "they" were closer than they appeared...whatever they really were.

"You guys better back off, I only have time for one game today!" He said coldly. "What even are you? Ghosts too?"

Suddenly, a faint green glow glistened across the lunarian's eyes catching his attention. It traveled off the trail, hiding in the shadows guarded by sets of glowing eyes that blocked his path. He would have to venture into the darkest parts of the forest to investigate his hint. And investigate he would. The effects of fear had begun wearing off as the time passed by. There was no hesitation in the Vampirates movements from this point on. With a smile, Cletus pushed off the forest floor at full speed, his Kenbushoko Haki blared at near full capacity.

"Whatever you guys are doesn't matter, I have game to win, don't I?"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Hm..." said Hajib obviously disagreeing but not arguing, he had chosen to pour the hot water in tea cup "We are failures... but isn't the first time no Jiangshi has been reported in Chongqing City ?"
The general's face darkened at the mention of the Jiangshi once more by Hajib, it was clear the old man was prying. He wasn't eager to discuss the matters with a perceived threat to the nation with another perceived threat to the nation. The demeanor of the elite soldier slacked a bit, his eyes still scanned around the room carefully though.
"You want us to leave, but we certainly aren't until we meet with his highness... " Hajib looked back at the General " Do not worry, if my grandson did all of this, he is going to be sanctioned... Now I believe here, you don't have enough authority to kick us out or you would've right ? So are you here to deliver a subpoena ?" finished Hajib
"Sir-" he started respectfully, clearly being lulled by Hajib's passiveness. "-make no mistake: it would take but few words shared between Our Esteemed Emperor and I to have this embassy cleared by sunset tomorrow."
"Think of this not as a 'subpoena', more a courtesy: I'm giving you time to prepare your things."
He said. "For I shall speak to Our Emperor at daybreak."
The low mumblings amongst the Chongqing soldiers gave attention to Shaarib, allowing the general to turn his speaking direction to the Fallen Sky.
"Ah, just the boy I came to see-"
" What have I told you General ? Do you have my letter or not ?" said the man with a childish voice " I want my apology, if not I'm going to have to kick you ass and send ya to the Sunken City... I care more about the victims than you or any of your soldiers... I save them... I buried them. If you want a proof you can go ask Li An about it. But since I know you came to ask for forgiveness... I'm going to be nice.. Ditch your soldiers and follow me... I'm going to leave a blue trail in the sky. In less than 10 minutes I'm going to leave for the Temple there. Yuki's body is still there..." finished SHaarib sitting next to Hajib and taking a sip of his tea.
The general smiled with a clear sense of spite worn on his face. "No apology needed-" he said. "-nor will you be leaving this embassy until morning. Then you will be leaving this island, leading the parade back to your boat and out of the Azure City, forever. Commander Stein will also be expected to leave."
He said glancing around, looking for the miniature man. Sure enough, the tiny man (once found) seemed crushed by this potential failure of his. Had only he assisted Shaarib...

@Cross 1er

The young pirate found himself staring down the ghostly figures looming in the ethereal darkness. The eyes would shift slightly, to remain properly obscured.
"You guys better back off, I only have time for one game today!" He said coldly. "What even are you? Ghosts too?"
From the shadows the lumbering creatures began to emit a sound; a horrible, yet melodic cry began to fill the air. Cletus's ears filled with a chorus of noise that sent his hair on end, sending a chill from the base of his neck all the way to the tip of his tail. A constant dull drone that sounded like voices pushed into each-other, forced to share a source.
Kū (哭)- The beast passively begins emitting a horrible sound capable of rending those within earshot with the "Scared" status effect. The beast can still continue using other abilities while the screams continue :: The screams will not stopped until the beast is slain. DPR: n/a | Scared: affected is nauseated, has reduced observation Haki and finds it hard to concentrate on anything but the thing scaring them. lasts for 3-6 turns. Requires at least 71 mastery
Should the song successfully writhe its way into the Lunarian's ears, the darkness in front of him suddenly became a danger. The figures morphed and grew, the eyes multiplied, the green glow stretched further and further from him; stranding him in a spotlight in the inky abyss of gnarled trees around him.
The effects of fear had begun wearing off as the time passed by. There was no hesitation in the Vampirates movements from this point on. With a smile, Cletus pushed off the forest floor at full speed, his Kenbushoko Haki blared at near full capacity.

"Whatever you guys are doesn't matter, I have game to win, don't I?"
Cletus, further choking down his fear pressed forward; a metaphorical tendril snapped away as Cletus dashed onward. However, a second shadow began to release its cry and joined in the haunted chorus, layering more hideous tones together in an unnatural fashion.
Due to this mysterious fear, his precognition haki would seem to lack the clarity and instead a heavy nausea began to overtake the tailed pirate.

In the darkness, a voice called out, potentially catching Cletus' ear... A young boy's voice: "Ready or not, here I come!"

The mysterious boy's voice called out like a distant memory of Cletus' own life. Singing from the darkness, the spectators eyes shifted and morphed in the direction of the path Cletus had walked earlier; it seemed that these spectators had heard the boy cry out too. The ghastly shadows remained in place, further separating Cletus from the warm green glow that he hoped to be the ghost girl; yet still something about these creatures was sparking a primal urge for self-preservation within the Vampirate.

@Infinity

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The general smiled with a clear sense of spite worn on his face. "No apology needed-" he said. "-nor will you be leaving this embassy until morning. Then you will be leaving this island, leading the parade back to your boat and out of the Azure City, forever. Commander Stein will also be expected to leave."
He said glancing around, looking for the miniature man. Sure enough, the tiny man (once found) seemed crushed by this potential failure of his. Had only he assisted Shaarib...
Shaarib sighed heavily as the General began to spit his nonsense. Shaarib did not want react well to bad news. They had been hoping for a positive response, but it seemed that the other party wasn't willing to budge. The General's pried had been hurt by Shaarib when the birdman attacked the soldiers. He did not respect the marines and thought they saw themselves above the Chongqing Laws.With a deep breath, the Vice-Admiral began to brainstorm their next move, determined to find a way to solve the situation. Shaarib needed to go back to the Temple, his mission lay on it. Hajib was disappointed, Shaarib needed to act quick and fast. With a movement of his hand, he took out a letter from his bandages and gave it to his grandfather. Shaarib was going to do something drastic, if it worked, they would receive the favours of the Emperor, if not he would take all the blame on himself. Shaarib was not defeated, and was ready to continue the negotiation. In an instant, the birdman's leg turned into claws and Shaarib fast as lighting threw a kick in the wind, a rankyaku. But with a little more spice to it. Black lighting came from the Vice-Admiral's leg, he had coated the attack with Conqueror's Haki. He was going to knock the General Out right there and run away to the Temple immediately after.

- Kamusari !
(神避かむさり, Kamusari, literally meaning "Godly Avoidance"): Holding their sword in their right hand, the user imbues it with Haoshoku Haki and then swings their sword horizontally, creating a powerful Haki imbued slash attack to strike their opponent.
Requires: 101 strength, 120 COA (offensive path), advanced CoC ==>120: 5. Town Level + 5(S+) + 3(CoA) + 1(CoC) ==> 14. Planet Level

(Sorry for the length )

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Azure City #13
@Einsauer

Cletus cut through the air like a piercing bullet, flying in the direction of the green aura. With his speed, there's nothing that could stop him now. Unfortunately, the creatures that lurked in the shadows had no intention of making this game of hide and seek easy. From the darkness they emitted a horrible, chilling, yet melodic cry that filled the air with dread. Being in the center of it all, the tune instantly reached vampirate's ears. The haunting chorus of noise that made his hair stand on end, sending chills from his neck to the end of his tail. He winced as the darkness in front of him became a danger-zone. The number of eyes multiplied and creature's bodies morphed and grew in size. The closer he got, the green glow stretched further and further from his reach leaving the lunarian dumbfounded.

"What is this!?" Cletus said in disbelief. Fear returned to the heart of the lunarian. He had never encountered an ability such as this before. It was as if he was now stranded in the center of the black abyss of twisted trees around him. He closed his eyes and attempted to steel his mind. He had to choke down his fear. He had to win this game in order to find out what he need. And so the lunarian advanced, chasing the green glow that seemingly moved further and further away.

"Focus! This is definitely some sort of trick. Ignore them, you're almost there!" However, a new shadow appeared from the darkness and released its own cry, adding to the terrifying melody and hitting Cletus from a close proximity. His Kenbunshoku Haki waned as he crashed into the floor with a thud. Confidence replaced with heavy nausea. "Ugh, this is impossible!" he shouted among the chorus, outraged.

"Ready or not, here I come!" The voice of a young boy pierced through the screams of the figures.

"Is that a kid? What's a child doing out here?" He was barley hanging on, but this provided him atleast with a distraction. The creatures eyes shifted and morphed in the direction of the path Cletus came from, yet still remained in place blocking his path. They had heard the boy's cry too and had temporarily taken their eyes off of the Lunarian. Using this opening, he generated concentrated flame spheres around his arm before launching them at the monsters infront on him, in an attempt to clear his path. This madness had to come to an end.

"Flame Barrage!"

Flame Barrage: Upon creating a number of concentrated balls of fire around his limbs, Cletus can launch them towards an individual to either cripple them with pain on impact or to explode. The resulting explosion is enough to launch a person into the air.
Requirements: 71 Mastery
DPR: A
81-100: 3. Large Building level + A:3= 6.City Level

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The general's eyes lit up with a rotating shimmer across his eyes, he had been using his precognition haki since finishing his delivery as he expected a violent reaction from this phoenix-child. Sure enough, the outburst came:
In an instant, the birdman's leg turned into claws and Shaarib fast as lighting threw a kick in the wind, a rankyaku. But with a little more spice to it. Black lighting came from the Vice-Admiral's leg, he had coated the attack with Conqueror's Haki. He was going to knock the General Out right there and run away to the Temple immediately after.

- Kamusari !
The general had his sword out at an inhuman speed, but he was nervous to counter the crackling slash coming towards him. General Lu Zhaoxun hadn't the time to dodge, he needed to clash with Shaarib's oncoming slash or be killed by the marine scum. Clenched hands brought his impressively crafted blade up into the path of the deadly attack.
The general poured his haki into the blade, pumping his will into this deflection...In less than a moment he forced his blade into the air slash and roared against the massive, sawing force being applied against him. He cried out against the attack and leaned into it with all his might, but from within his tightly grasped hands his sword erupted out into dangerously propelled fragments.

His weapons launched in all directions, leaving the general defenseless. His eyes widened as the uncontested attack pushed through his body in an instant. He looked at the Skypiean, wordless...
His dying hand released the bladeless sword-hilt and it clattered to the ground and he stood still as if his will refused to let him collapse. His knees suddenly buckles and simultaneously his perceptive eyes began to glass over. General Lu Zhaoxun fell backwards in an explosion of blood, his body contorting slightly on the ground as a residual surge of black electrical energy pulsated through his body. The surprise attack was successful.

Lieutenant Commander Mina let loose a horrible cry and she fell away from the clash. "NO!" She cried out and brought her hands to her mouth in shock. She hadn't even noticed the piece of blade imbedded into her upper leg it seemed. The collateral of the blade was minimal, only seeming to have harmed Mina and nobody else.

The entire room hesitated for a moment, taking in the sudden slaying of the Chongqing General. A Chongqing-Mink solider acted quickly, grabbing his spear and jamming the tip through a nearby marine's neck before blasting electric energy through the weapon.
"Kill them!" He shouted to his brethren and they all quickly prepared to fight 'til death. They would meet blood with blood!

Chongqing Army Mink Soldiers (10)
Level 40
Strength: 40 + 16 + 5 = 61
Speed: 40 + 16 = 56
- Reaction Speed: 56
- Movement Speed: 56

Vitality: 40 + 16 = 56
- Durability: 56
- Stamina: 56

Haki: 30
- Armament Haki: 50
- Observation Haki (Precognition): 10

Martial Arts: 50 + 4 = 54
- Electro: 54

Chongqing Army Human Soldiers (10)
Level 30
Strength: 30 + 6 + 5 = 41
Speed: 30 + 6 = 36
- Reaction Speed: 36
- Movement Speed: 36

Vitality: 30 + 6 = 36
- Durability: 36
- Stamina: 36

Haki: 20
- Armament Haki: 20
- Observation Haki (Awareness): 20

Martial Arts: 40 + 9 = 49
- Chinese Kenpo: 49
@Cross 1er

"Focus! This is definitely some sort of trick. Ignore them, you're almost there!"
The pirate tried to remain rational, but this ghost girl or possibly this whole forest was messing with his head and instilling fear in an effort to cloud his judgement. Dread began to set it, until Cletus spotted an opening as the horrible eyes pulled away from him.

Cletus was quick, he had to be:
Using this opening, he generated concentrated flame spheres around his arm before launching them at the monsters infront on him, in an attempt to clear his path. This madness had to come to an end.

"Flame Barrage!"
The glimmering orbs of fiery energy launched out with a flare of radiant light, the orbs streaked off like missiles before crashed into the lingering eyes. Cletus's powers met with the ground with a burst of fiery destruction. The shadowy mounds were briefly illuminated before vanishing into the searing light rays with hideous screeches accompanying their disappearances.
Whatever they were, they seemed like shadowy illusions and they disappeared quickly with the introduction of fire or possibly the light it gave off, leaving no evidence of having corporeal forms. Cletus looked around at the twisted tree-trunks that closed him in on most sides and he watched as the darkness softened into something less terrible, but the haunted feeling remained, looming over the forest like a smoky blanket of fear.

The lingering fire had dulled into embers surprisingly quickly, giving way for another faint light...

The green light wordlessly called to Cletus, the glimmer catching the Lunarian-hybrid's eye. The small beacon no longer stretched away from him, but still sat at its furthered distance. The pirate had ground to make up, but the goal was in sight!

Dead leaves crunched under fast footfalls moving along behind Cletus, the noise plenty loud enough to draw the pirate's attention. "I'm going to find you!" Came the giggling voice from moments before, eerily following him from the darkness stretching out into the trees behind him. The footsteps were coming quick!

@Infinity

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Azure City #14
@Einsauer

Like missiles, Cletus' firey orbs flew into the sea of eyes, unleashing a fiery explosion after hitting the ground. The shadowy figures screeched in agony, their bodies lighting up briefly before vanishing into the light rays and ceasing to exist. Cletus fell to his knees, panting from the attack they had unleashed before and relieved that it was finally over. What they really were was still a mystery to the Lunarian, however he smiled in satisfaction. He had found their weakness in the form of his Lunarian biology.

"Fufufufufufufufu..I'm glad a little fire can shut you guys up!" he replied cockily.

Cletus looked around and observed the contorted tree trunks that surrounded him. The darkness had eased up now that the figures have stopped being a nuisance, but the forest still very much kept its haunted atmosphere. The lingering fire from his attacked died down, revealing a familiar faint green light. It called out to him, catching Cletus eye immediately.

"I've finally found you, this game is over!" Cletus said to himself triumphantly.

Suddenly, the sound of dead leaves crunching under quick footsteps reached the lunarian's ears, coming from behind of him. Cletus hair stood on end and the voice of a young boy cried out once again. "I'm going to find you!" he said, giggling as the sounds of footsteps got closer and closer. Still under the effects of fear, the lunarian's Kenbushoko Haki failed him leaving him blind to what was coming. In this forest, Cletus had already learned that nothing could be what it seems. The Vampirate quickly dove to his left into a nearby bush, choosing to stay out of sight and let whatever the hell it was pass by. He had no intentions of being caught off guard by an unknown entity again. Atleast not while he hadn't fully recovered.​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shaarib had succeeded, he had spoken to the General twice about his actions and the man did not listen. Shaarib attacked and the General tried to defend the best he could. The soldier was able to see the attack coming, took the most of it but at the end Shaarib had overpowered him. Mother Nature had her chosen ones. Haki was what separated la crème de la crème from others. Only a few were chosen to posses COnqueror’s Haki. Some said it ws innate, others that it was hereditary… Shaarib never cared, he had the ambition, and he had been blessed with Conquerors Haki. He couldn’t lie, there was something truly captivating about the energy of a predator. The atmosphere around them charged up after the clash, you didn’t need to be a master of awareness, all the other creatures now knew about its presence. Every soul in the embassy felt it and knew the potential threat it poses. Shaarib Hassan was a kid, a jokester but by defeating a general of the Chongqing City, he made everybody understand fully why he was called the Hero of the Festival.

Shaarib advanced forward, the guards with the General came and tried to act up but the Vice-Admiral did not look at them. He was focused on one thing : Lu Zhaoxun. The General’s was at death’s door and if Shaarib lost focus for a bit, the asshole might end up dead. With each step he took, the predator let out a blast of Conqueror’s Haki, laced with killing intent. He wanted them to feel the weight of his presence, and to let them know that any moves on their parts, would cause the birdman’s to pounce on them.

Without hesitation, the skypiean put his claw on the toros's of the General.Blue flames engulfed the defeated soldier and his wounds began to close slowly. Shaarib was a walking aid kit and began to clean the wound. He applied enough pressure to the cut to stop the bleeding and carefully controlled his flames to heal the man but still keep him uncouncious. The minks at first were afraid but they ended up captivated by the magic of Shaarib's flames. The birdman turned to watch Hajib and winked at his grandfather, Shaarib had bought enough time to finish his mission. All the other marines had to do was to capture the soldiers until the end of the night. Shaarib jumped through one of the windows and flew to the Temple. He had lost a lot of time but he could still accomplish his promises to the lil kid

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
With each step he took, the predator let out a blast of Conqueror’s Haki, laced with killing intent. He wanted them to feel the weight of his presence, and to let them know that any moves on their parts, would cause the birdman’s to pounce on them.
With each imposing step the vice admiral took, so too did he give off bursts of energy in the form of the haki granted to the Supreme Rulers of the world. The weak faltered, then staggered, then fell. Shaarib Hassan halted any Chongqing soldiers from acting as they might have; thus saving the previously endangered marine's life.
Weapons clattered around the room, as the quicker soldiers (who had managed to arm themselves) had been forcefully disarmed through the birdman's indomitable will. The few eyes that managed to retain focus locked to the center of the room, the center now being Shaarib Hassan.
Without hesitation, the skypiean put his claw on the toros's of the General.Blue flames engulfed the defeated soldier and his wounds began to close slowly. Shaarib was a walking aid kit and began to clean the wound. He applied enough pressure to the cut to stop the bleeding and carefully controlled his flames to heal the man but still keep him uncouncious.
The prideful general, would he have been conscious would have denied assistance from his new foe, but his damaged and comatose state disallowed him any say in the matter. The phoenix bestowed his healing powers upon the man he had slain, granting him his life once more.
Blue flames covered the horrid wound that Shaarib had left, mystical healing energy pulsated from within the human man and quickly his vertical slice wound began to seal and cleanly cauterize; there was only but a faint memory carved into Lu Zhaoxun's body.

Shaarib's shadow danced in the flames of his magical, cerulean fire; flickering across the lobby of the embassy, passing across the halls and tables, shimmying along the clean cut (that he had put in the entrance door with his attack), and looming above the native guards it danced.

The minks at first were afraid but they ended up captivated by the magic of Shaarib's flames. The birdman turned to watch Hajib and winked at his grandfather, Shaarib had bought enough time to finish his mission. All the other marines had to do was to capture the soldiers until the end of the night. Shaarib jumped through one of the windows and flew to the Temple. He had lost a lot of time but he could still accomplish his promises to the lil kid
Shaarib left the embassy; few were left standing in wake of the phoenix. Mina had gone unconscious during Shaarib's display, or possibly just fainting from sleep-deprivation and shock. Many of the marine underlings and Azure City soldiers had fallen as well...
The conscious Tontatta Commander, Stein, scurried over to the general and shook his head. "I don't know what happens now." He said looking over to his superior officer, solemn but clearly jittering with looming anxiety. "This is going to be a hard act for the emperor...Or the general...to forgive." He told Hajib.

"Covert destabilization may no longer even be on the table."
"This may mean war..." He finished with a frown, a bit wobbly from Shaarib's display.

"The girls do not belong here..." The feminine voice reminded, clearly unaware that Shaarib was on his return; it seemed she didn't know precisely where Shaarib was or what he was doing despite this apparent magical link she had with him. Shaarib made yet another journey across The Azure City, making a return across the quiet streets and the gloomy forest: which Vice Admiral Hassan could audibly hear quiet murmurings ruminating amongst the trees whilst he flew overhead. The temple spirit's power had a stronger and stronger draw on the phoenix, yanking him towards his goal.

As the burning, blue bird closed in on the temple, resting high on a peak between the forest and the waterline, he noticed drastic improvements completed on architecture. It looked nearly as good as when he had found it here in the first place. He would even be able to make out planks of wood actively shifting before his eyes, the temple's spirit was growing and she was rapidly healing. He would need to enter through the front doors if he didn't wish to smash his way in again.

The sky was beginning to take early peeks towards the light of the sun, sunrise is approaching within the coming hours...

@Cross 1er

The crunching and snapping of twigs and dead leaves under footfall grew nearer and nearer, and due to the frightful forest, Cletus found himself unprepared for what was sneaking up behind him! In a moment of panic, the Lunarian pirate leapt into the underbrush to his left side for cover. Disregarding any minor scrapes, Cletus dove into a safe covering in the eerily dry plant life. The leaves he burrowed in felt like old sheets of paper more than plant-life.
The Vampirate quickly dove to his left into a nearby bush, choosing to stay out of sight and let whatever the hell it was pass by. He had no intentions of being caught off guard by an unknown entity again. Atleast not while he hadn't fully recovered.
Eyes peered from his hiding spot, watching and waiting for the source of the footsteps to approach. Cletus prioritized laying low while he recuperated from the ghastly chorus of noise he was briefly tormented with, his ears still rang and echoed the ghostly wail in his head. In time with the screams, the footfall came closer and closer still. Beating so loudly, Cletus was sure it was audible, the chest within the pirate's heart pounded hard against his ribcage and up into his throat. The looming darkness brought forth the snapping and crunching, time felt as if it were looping over and over, trapping him into a cycle of waiting for inevitability...

Finally, a young boy burst from the shrubbery! The black-haired boy seemingly oblivious to anything supernatural happening. He didn't seem to be a ghost, but he seemed distant somehow to Cletus...
The boy carried a sheathed sword at his red, cloth-sewn belt; it was far disproportioned for the little human's stature. The long, curved blade rested in a black scabbard with gold trim; a red tassel ordained with beads bounced to the motion of the boy's slightly off-centered run. His tanned skin caught source-less sunlight, the boy was running in the sun despite it was almost certainly night...

Only he was illuminated, it was as if the sun blessed him with a personal ray from the heavens.

Cletus watched from the forest floor as the boy ran by, his sandals passing mere meters in front of the pirate's hiding spot. The boy seemed to be headed in the same direction as the pirate's goal; the glowing green light.
A faint giggle could be heard in the Lunarian's mind: "hehehehe!" Sounded off the excited spirit.

Perhaps to the surprise of Cletus, the boy reacted to the laugh as well. He turned his head a few times to look for the source before he took off in the direction of the green beacon once more. "You're getting closer!" Said the girlish voice from before, now in a far less ghostly tone than Cletus had heard before.

The remark seemed to spark a rush into the boy, as he hurried along with his comedically oversized weapon. "Do not spoil the honor of our game!" The boy responded somewhat seriously. "I do not need hints!"

@Infinity

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shaarib left the embassy; few were left standing in wake of the phoenix. Mina had gone unconscious during Shaarib's display, or possibly just fainting from sleep-deprivation and shock. Many of the marine underlings and Azure City soldiers had fallen as well...
The conscious Tontatta Commander, Stein, scurried over to the general and shook his head. "I don't know what happens now." He said looking over to his superior officer, solemn but clearly jittering with looming anxiety. "This is going to be a hard act for the emperor...Or the general...to forgive." He told Hajib.

"Covert destabilization may no longer even be on the table."
"This may mean war..." He finished with a frown, a bit wobbly from Shaarib's display.
Hajib did not move through all the turmoil, his face was impassive. He tried to open his mouth but swallowed it. Shaarib had acted by himself and chose to hurt the General. He had to take some actions. He could decide to call a meeting with all his soldiers, the ones that weren’t knocked out by the blast of Conqueror Haki. He would then try to give a speech, about the situation, a speech on Vice-Admiral’s actions. The X’s and O’s about it. Telling them how proud he was or or how disappointed he should be. Telling them how they would solve the problem before them. The experienced Vice-Admiral could finish by asking his soldiers to share their thoughts on Shaarib’s actions. He would listen attentively to their pleas, but he feared one thing, he feared his reaction to said words. Hajib knew that he would be harsher than necessary. Because despite all the success he had in his career he was a weak man. Moving now would mean being impractical enough to make a choice between trusting his beloved grandson’s actions or criticising his moves. Sadly, said choice would break the old man in half, so he waited for Stein to coordinate his troops.

"The girls do not belong here..." The feminine voice reminded, clearly unaware that Shaarib was on his return; it seemed she didn't know precisely where Shaarib was or what he was doing despite this apparent magical link she had with him. Shaarib made yet another journey across The Azure City, making a return across the quiet streets and the gloomy forest: which Vice Admiral Hassan could audibly hear quiet murmurings ruminating amongst the trees whilst he flew overhead. The temple spirit's power had a stronger and stronger draw on the phoenix, yanking him towards his goal.

As the burning, blue bird closed in on the temple, resting high on a peak between the forest and the waterline, he noticed drastic improvements completed on architecture. It looked nearly as good as when he had found it here in the first place. He would even be able to make out planks of wood actively shifting before his eyes, the temple's spirit was growing and she was rapidly healing. He would need to enter through the front doors if he didn't wish to smash his way in again.

The sky was beginning to take early peeks towards the light of the sun, sunrise is approaching within the coming hours...
As the sun began to appear, a small blue bird flew through the forest surrounding Azure City. The little bird flew until he was in front of the temple of Sunken City. The hole he made through the ceiling was resorbed. The bird flew down to the main entrance and opened the doors wide. The blue bird fluttered around the temple, looking at the repairs and in search of the kid. The kid had been ordering him a little bit too much and the bird wanted what was promised to him. Shaarib arrived in front of the last door, ready to enter and meet with the last woman. The other one left was Yuki and he dreaded the feeling he was going to go through. The woman had died after lighting struck her… Shaarib suffered the samw wounds once, and wasn’t ready to do it again.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Azure City #15
@Einsauer

Laying low in the bushes, Cletus didn't move an inch. Watching and waiting for the source of the footsteps to show itself, the lunarian's tail waved in anticipation. What or who could this be? Another creature? Or something even more sinister? With the effects of fear still over him, his heart pounded in his chest with such pressure that he felt like it was about to explode. The sounds of the snapping and crunching of leaves and branches felt like it was going on for hours. Until suddenly, something burst through the shrubbery and landed on the ground with a thud.

The Vampirates' eyes widened in surprise. It was young boy with black hair and tanned skin. He stood in the middle of the path, illuminating like a star despite the darkness of the night. At his side, a sword bigger than the rest of his body was tightly secured by a bright red cloth. Oblivious to the supernatural happenings just prior, Cletus watched as his sandals passed in front of his hiding place. The boy was headed in the same direction as main goal, the green glowing light. Suddenly, the lunarian heard the faint sound of giggling in his mind.

"What the hell is going on?" Cletus said to himself puzzled. To his surprise, the child reacted to the laugh as well, turning his head in all directions looking for the source of her voice before finally taking off in the direction of the green aura. "You're getting closer!" the female ghost said in far less spooky tone than earlier. The boy began to advance faster, his massive sword bouncing beside his tiny frame.
"Do not spoil the honor of our game!" The boy said seriously. "I do not need hints!"

Cletus got up immediately. "So you involved someone else in this game?" He kicked off the ground, moving at full speed in the same direction as the boy. He was beginning to lose patience. It was time to end this game now! He had no idea who this strange boy was, all he knew was that he had to get out of this forest. His large frame would leap over the boy. Closer and closer, the lunarian was practically away from the green beacon. The game was almost over, it was only a matter of time before he would finally find this cheeky phantom.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The embassy was cold and quiet after Shaarib had made his exit and Stein had voiced his concerns. Those who remained standing were in quiet shock about the reality of their current situation. Even the quick, subtle steps of the Tontatta's feet could be heard by those lingering in the embassy.
He could decide to call a meeting with all his soldiers, the ones that weren’t knocked out by the blast of Conqueror Haki. He would then try to give a speech, about the situation, a speech on Vice-Admiral’s actions. The X’s and O’s about it. Telling them how proud he was or or how disappointed he should be. Telling them how they would solve the problem before them. The experienced Vice-Admiral could finish by asking his soldiers to share their thoughts on Shaarib’s actions. He would listen attentively to their pleas
Few remained standing, most of which being Shaarib's own men of stronger will; of the stationed marines however, only three stood, one of which being Commander Stein, himself. He inadvertently revealed his tremendous power of will by resisting going unconscious. The other two were larger men, both of similar stature and build. When the vice-admiral asked them their opinions they were quiet at first. They looked at each other and to their small captain, who nodded reassuringly.
Finally, one of the two, a dark-skinned man with a curly mohawk, spoke out. He hadn't a concern, but instead an idea. "Maybe we should just kill them while they're down." He said somberly, clearing not enjoying his own words.
Stein looked appalled and he stepped forward, ready to speak but stopped himself and instead looked to his commanding officer for his superior wisdom.
The other man spoke, assisting his friend: "Or perhaps...Tie them up at least?" He suggested.

It was clear by the men's demeanor that they knew what was on the brink of the future; a war. Stein grimaced for he expected the same: when these men awoke there would be little that could be said that would quash this transgression. This event would result in a dissolvement of the peace negotiations held between this nation and the World Government. The time spent building relationships were wasting before Stein's eyes; his friends were gone, his work was gone, he was a complete failure now. A joke of a commander.

"We don't kill them." The tiny commander said sternly, hiding any doubt he held within. "...I'm not sure what we do, but we don't kill them."
The Tontatta scratched at his head in a waffling manner, there may still be a way to avert sudden war declarations.

Shaarib, embodying the form of a phoenix, wasted no time in the rising sunlight. His wings stretched across the brightening sky, eagerly making the familiar journey, he needed only make one more trip before he would be able to take Song Wuji and Yuki; perhaps lending his words more weight in the eyes of the residents, as they were sure to need after his recent transgressions against the law of this land. He was fast in his approach of the temple, but noticed the outer repairs and found himself going through the entrance as he had when he first arrived at this strange building.
As the Skypiean entered, he was quick to notice the vast improvements made in his absence: the floors looked possibly better than they had when he had first arrived, freshly cleaned even. The walls were fixed and there was no scent of smoke nor the dead.
The blue bird fluttered around the temple, looking at the repairs and in search of the kid. The kid had been ordering him a little bit too much and the bird wanted what was promised to him. Shaarib arrived in front of the last door, ready to enter and meet with the last woman.
The World Government soldier had a mission however, and wasted little time returning to the hall with two remaining girls left. Waiting for him in the hall was the somewhat ghostly figure of a floating girl with skin of light lavender and eyes a vibrant verdant.
"Almost done!" She cheered, and with her cheers came with accompanying anonymous cheers from the temple itself. The echoing, yet distant sound of excitement congratulated Shaarib on his nearly finished task. "There are two girls left. Take them home and let this place bloom once more!"

"The other two will be awaiting you below when you return, where I found you all."
The visible spirit said with a smile. "Be quick then!"

@Cross 1er

Waiting in the underbrush, Cletus watched as the boy took the lead in a game he was unaware of being a competition. He arose and announced:
"So you involved someone else in this game?"
And with that he took off after the boy and in no time at all, due to the pirate's astronomically high running speed, Cletus found himself overtaking the boy and passing him overhead with a graceful leap, kicking up the papery leaves as he did so. All the while, the boy ran ahead to the glow, steadfast and seemingly unaware of the Lunarian-hybrid's presence entirely. Still, the pirate wasted no time and moved through this odd, papery scene towards what he believed to be the ghost-girl hiding behind a set of gnarled trees. However, when Cletus turned around the base of the trees he found only an opened egg of glimmering green material comprising the egg shell. The light it gave off showed that much of his surrounding was lacking the expected color. Most things seemed dull and lifeless, as if were all drawn into a book. Few things stood out with pops of color, this shell was one of them apparently...But if felt, it too felt as if it were crafted from cardboard.
The smell of burning paper was strong here, but there was no fire present. It was warm too...

Soon after this discovery, the familiar clunking footsteps of the boy met the ear of the Vampirate. The boy was approaching using the same path he had taken, and soon his face wrapped around the corner of the tree, also drawn to the mysterious glow. "Woah-" He quietly said while he admired the beauty of this emptied egg.
"You're not giving up, are you?" The question came and the boy's head lifted. Cletus felt as though the question were intended for him as well though...
"No, I am not!" He said running off an unlit path to the west, but Cletus saw another green glow coming from the opposite direction. It was distant, but not as far as before, and there seemed to be nothing in this accursed place's darkness opposing him anymore. Something, possibly this tricky spirit, was leading him away from boy's path. The slightly improved light in this area gave Cletus a moment to gather himself in this otherwise dark and eerie place, he was able to make out the odd texturing on the trees and the odd canopy hanging overhead as if designed that way, to keep people trapped within the trees.

Cletus had a choice to make; but it seemed two options were intentionally presented to him somehow: follow the boy or follow the green beacon calling out to him.

One thing was certain though, this was some sort of illusionary world or a blanket of sorts draped over the real world. The air itself seemed as if it came from inside an old building, not the fresh, crisp air one would expect from the woods at night. The surroundings seemed as if they were imagined there, rather than naturally grown over time. Everything felt as if it were a memory that Cletus never had for himself, rather a memory being shared and imposed on the surroundings in a magical way. Had he entrapped himself in some sort of magical spider web?...

@Infinity

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Almost done!" She cheered, and with her cheers came with accompanying anonymous cheers from the temple itself. The echoing, yet distant sound of excitement congratulated Shaarib on his nearly finished task. "There are two girls left. Take them home and let this place bloom once more!"

"The other two will be awaiting you below when you return, where I found you all."
The visible spirit said with a smile. "Be quick then!"
Shaarib was startled, the kid had finally shown herself. Shaarib was startled because he completely messed up the count. For once, he really did not known the reason for said mistake. Was it all the ruckus in the embassy ? Or was it more the fact that he thought Yuki was the last money he needed to bring back to the City ? The Vice-Admiral was tired, his body had healed from the wounds of the previous day. But his spirit was not at an all-time high. He was tired, he had gone through the death of 6 women, and had not suffered physically once.

Shaarib did not speak to the spirit. He had no energy left for her, he caused a diplomatic incident because of his promise. He needed to travel back at the earliest. She did not have the power to help him travel back to Chongqing. By the time, he would arrive back in town, the sun would be up in the sky. A general would be missing and inquiries were going to be made. He needed help, by unleashing his Haki in the embassy. SHaarib knocked out both the defenders and the attackers. The members of the 169th were strong, he believed in them, but they were strong enough to fight a country. Nonetheless a country with Seiryuu.

- " We are in deep trouble kid... I can't be quicker than I was... Better keep your promises." The Vice-Admiral opened the door and let himself be welcomed by another rush of emotion

---
Few remained standing, most of which being Shaarib's own men of stronger will; of the stationed marines however, only three stood, one of which being Commander Stein, himself. He inadvertently revealed his tremendous power of will by resisting going unconscious. The other two were larger men, both of similar stature and build. When the vice-admiral asked them their opinions they were quiet at first. They looked at each other and to their small captain, who nodded reassuringly.
Finally, one of the two, a dark-skinned man with a curly mohawk, spoke out. He hadn't a concern, but instead an idea. "Maybe we should just kill them while they're down." He said somberly, clearing not enjoying his own words.
Stein looked appalled and he stepped forward, ready to speak but stopped himself and instead looked to his commanding officer for his superior wisdom.
The other man spoke, assisting his friend: "Or perhaps...Tie them up at least?" He suggested.

It was clear by the men's demeanor that they knew what was on the brink of the future; a war. Stein grimaced for he expected the same: when these men awoke there would be little that could be said that would quash this transgression. This event would result in a dissolvement of the peace negotiations held between this nation and the World Government. The time spent building relationships were wasting before Stein's eyes; his friends were gone, his work was gone, he was a complete failure now. A joke of a commander.

"We don't kill them." The tiny commander said sternly, hiding any doubt he held within. "...I'm not sure what we do, but we don't kill them."
The Tontatta scratched at his head in a waffling manner, there may still be a way to avert sudden war declarations.
Hajib's gaze fell on the dwarf, since his return with Genjo and the others, he had grown up. Failing to save the woman and the Ibex helped him more than he would ever know. To get to the top, you needed to taste failure. It was better to fall on your butt at the earliest than later. Two of the soldiers under Stein spoke their minds before, and came to the same conclusion as the High-Priest. Shaarib could have killed the General and chose not to. He then healed ZhaoXhun. Just enough for the man to survive, Shaarib had healed some wounds but the Vice-Admiral could see that the General would not be much of a threat if he woke up.

Their mission was in a dire situation. The government was going to lose its relationship with the Empire. Hajib wanted to send some soldiers at the dock already to destroy most of their ships. The mission was to disrupt the peace in the country. Hajib had thought making the Mink revolt was a good choice. But now, killing the most popular General in the city and destroying their ships was another excellent option. The old man pondered for a bit but pointed one of his fingers at the dwarf. He was going to trust Stein, it was his base at the end of the day. At the corners of his eyes, he could see one of Shaarib's men, Troya entering... The 169th was ready to wait for orders.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Azure City #16
@Einsauer

Cletus launched himself ahead of the boy kicking up a pile of dry leaves in his wake, confident he would find the green ghost hiding behind the group of trees. But alas he couldn't have more mistaken. Turning around the base of trees, he was met with the sight of an opened egg made up of glimmering green material. The Lunarian couldn't have been any less impressed in his life, as his face contorted into one of displeasure. Upon deeper inspection, he noticed that the light the egg emitted revealed the true appearance of this "hide and seek playground". The surroundings lacked color, dull and lifeless like a drawing in a book. Few things stood out with a few pops of color, like the egg, but even they felt fake as well, not mention the smell of burning paper accompanied by the lack of fire. The Vampirate's eyes squinted as he began to put two and two together.

"Hmmm.." The sound of the boy's footsteps reached his ears as he arrived at the same location using the same path he took.

"Woah-" he said amazed by the appearance of the egg. Cletus said nothing, finally realizing that the boy couldn't see him. "You're not giving up, are you?" The question rang out in both of their head, possibly intended for them both, and the boy lifted his in response. "No, I am not!" he said confidently.

The Lunarian stood up with a sigh, "Agreed." the boy ran off down an unlit path down the west, while Cletus noticed another glow in the opposite direction, not too far from where they were. Nothing stood in his way now in the endless darkness, yet he couldn't help but feel that ghost was trying to separate them both intentionally. The slightly improved lighting in the area allowed Cletus to somewhat take in more of his surroundings, he could make out the strange texture on the trees and the even stranger cage of branches hanging overhead, seemingly designed to keep people trapped within. He noticed the smell of the air was similar to that if an old building, unlike the fresh air one would expect from the woods. Everything seemed imagined to him, instead of naturally grown from the passage of time. Ever since he came to this place, his entire place felt like he was trapped in a dream, or rather a memory that wasn't his.

"What have I gotten myself into." He said, mentally exhausted already.

After some time, Cletus decided to follow the boy's path, they had to have bumped into each other for a reason. All he knew for sure now, was that this place wasn't real. If they game didn't end soon, Cletus would have no choice but to burn it to the ground.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He was tired, he had gone through the death of 6 women, and had not suffered physically once.

Shaarib did not speak to the spirit. He had no energy left for her, he caused a diplomatic incident because of his promise.
The spirit's eyes widened a bit, surprised at Shaarib lack of interest; she seemed somewhat unaware of the toll this arduous task was taking on the Skypiean. Niang-Niang watched, stifling her clear upset at Shaarib's waning interest. She scowled a bit as the Skypiean moved to the door and placed his hand on yet another set of sliding doors without sparing her a single word.
- " We are in deep trouble kid... I can't be quicker than I was... Better keep your promises." The Vice-Admiral opened the door and let himself be welcomed by another rush of emotion
She levitated over Shaarib's shoulder as he opened the door and peeked in from behind him. A wave of energy rolled out, this sacrificial girl was cocooned in a dingy set of blankets. Some sort of debilitating aura poured through Shaarib with a sickening slowness.
Knowledge of this emotion being forcibly brought on via dark magics didn't seem to lessen the impact, this time was no different.
A tremble tingled at the top of Shaarib's neck, begging the nervous system to be allowed to work its way down his spine. Beyond fear and rage, this felt like defeat. Shaarib's confidence was forcibly pushed out and replaced with temporary, but extremely potent self-loathing; regrets and remorse, mistakes and misunderstandings...Doubt clouded in around Shaarib, pushing repressed questions to the forefront of Shaarib's mind:
Is he worthy of his titles? Is he worthy of his rank?
What about all the crucial mistakes he made not only here, but across his journey? Should he still call himself a hero even?

These past mistakes fought to eradicate any value Shaarib saw in himself, reinforcing the fears previously unearthed. He was still that same inexperienced kid, his growth was beginning to feel artificial.
Compared to this feeling, Shaarib would hardly notice the tightness on his breaths, as if he too were cocooned in a bundle of blankets.

The temple spirit frowned from the hall. "I feel it too." She said, unsure if it would be any comfort, the temple creaked around them as if letting out a pained sigh.

He was going to trust Stein, it was his base at the end of the day. At the corners of his eyes, he could see one of Shaarib's men, Troya entering... The 169th was ready to wait for orders.
Stein looked to Hajib for a moment then nodded as Troya entered. "Vice-Admiral Shaarib said he had evidence..." He said, working his way through the issue aloud. "...Perhaps we attempt a direct appeal to the Emperor, by-passing the guard while there is an incapacitated troop and their general is down. We can urge him to hold our judgement until Shaarib returns." He said, his idealistic morals inching out his duty as a marine in a small manner.

"...And if that should be our plan going forward, I would say no person would be better suited to speak on the matter to the emperor than you, sir." Stein remarked to Vice-Admiral Hajib.

@Emperor Madoff

"What have I gotten myself into." He said, mentally exhausted already.

After some time, Cletus decided to follow the boy's path, they had to have bumped into each other for a reason. All he knew for sure now, was that this place wasn't real. If they game didn't end soon, Cletus would have no choice but to burn it to the ground.
Cletus, pondering ulterior methods of escape, followed the young man away from the glow he was being tempted with. He followed behind the boy through the thin, winding trail. The papery scent forever haunting the air in whatever place this was; the pirate fought back his mental exhaustion in an effort to keep up with this mysterious boy.
The path led upward, and the faint call of the ocean whispered out to the young man despite being enclosed in the forest. Far from this place, the sound of quiet waves crashing into rocks tickled Cletus' auditory periphery.
In this odd, colorless place even the most mundane senses were far more noticeable; it was for this reason perhaps that Cletus heard the waves and maybe for that same reason Cletus could see specks of color littering the ground. Little stalks of lavender were clearly their signature color, and the grass-blade around the flowers had a normal color as well.

"Keep looking!" The spirit called out suddenly, attempting to pull the attention of the seekers. The boy was hurrying along the trail, still within Cletus's incorporeal grasp.
"Don't get distracted now." The voice came again, quieter but far more invasive... As if the whisper were coming from right behind the pirate's ear.

The scent of lavender met his nose, not paper...Not stale air, but fresh lavender. This plant seemed real, far realer than anything else Cletus had seen or smelled up until this point. It was clear that this female entity shouldn't be trusted, but was it possible she had no power of this particular type of flower?
@Infinity

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shaarib was embraced by a wave of green energy and he instinctively flung one of his wings between them to protect himself. Despite it, Shaarib closed his eyes briefly, which had been his mistake. Instead of being before the corpse, he was ankle-deep in a green puddle of sludge, with nothing in sight. Shaarib knew it was another trial. He decided to take the necessary three steps to get to the bed. His hands moved a bit and did not touch anything. Instead, the liquid level slowly rose while Shaarib felt like he was sinking.

- « What the fuck is that… »

Stray thoughts began to fill his head, he could only discern one thing: doubts. Shaarib was a person full of pride, but like all the competitors, the reverse of a coin was a sad truth. Failure tasted 10 times worse for our Vice-Admiral. The first question he heard was simple : Was he worthy of his titles ? Shaarib questioned himself, did he possess any title ? He was called « Fallen Sky » and the news called him « Prodigal Son » for his Marineford’s debacle. He had never been close to these names, never been proud of them. Fqllen Sky was the epithet given to a pirate-playing marine. Prodigal Son was given to a Vice-Admiral cocky enough to fight Akainu.

Was he worthy of his rank ? He certainly was, Vice-Admirals these days weren’t strong enough for the Worst Generation. The real question was underneath, was he worthy enough to become an admiral ? Was he going to end up like his grandfather ? The boy shook his head and felt himself sink deeper into the water. He had been the youngest Vice-Admiral ever, he needed to be the youngest Admiral too.

The third question was What about all the crucial mistakes he made not only here, but across his journey? The water rose to his hips instantly, Shaarib was making mistake everyday. He had ruined years of operation by critically damaging the General…He had decided to fight Supernovaes instead of arresting Vergo… Had been negligent on his case on Doflamingo and a pirate killed him. He got lost during the mission on Wano and other took all the glory for themselves. He was going to fail once again, he was going to be exposed once again, maybe even get demoted… he shook his head, Garp was the most known soldier int he force and he was a Vice-Admiral, if it wasn’t meant to be, then it wasn’t. Everything the Goddess did, was right, everything she chose was good. He had faith..

Despite his new resolution, the water was not stopping, water was at his neck and he was barely keeping himself above it. Last question was : Should he even call himself a hero, no he shouldn’t. He saved thousands of lives in his career by killing pirates and freeing islands. But he couldn’t save the only one that mattered. He had failed Skypiea. He had dreamed of being the hero to kill Ener but pirates did it… It was a recurring theme in his life. Recently he asked himself why has he never begged Hajib to save his country ? The old man then was much stronger than he was now… Ener would have been a threat. But Shaarib never did, not even once, he lied to himself by saying that then, he wasn’t sure of his place in the church. The truth was he only wanted the glory for himself, he wanted to be the one to defeat Ener and that selfish choice put blood on his hands. He caused the death of a lot of innocent people. So no Shaarib Hassan was no hero… just an angry kid.

The water evaporated and Shaarib was back in the room, his chest tight coupled with short breaths, he wasn’t in his bird form anymore. He had succeeded. Shaarib did not lose time and put the penultimate woman in her coffin made out of iron cloud. The Vice-Admiral turned to the ghost and went past it. Now he had to free the last soul.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Azure City #17
@Einsauer

Cletus followed the boy through a thin, winding trail, infected with the pungent sent of old paper. Feeling mentally tired, the lunarian pushed himself forward for what felt like hours. Soon, he would begin to ascend, as the path led upwards. Cletus' ears perked a little in surprise as the sound of quiet waves crashing into a cliffside invaded his ears.

"The ocean?" he questioned. He sped up a bit up the path. Had he finally escaped the prison?

As he advanced, Cletus noticed small specks of color contrasting with the colorless environment. Lavender flowers littered the forest floor, their stalks and the grass at their base were the only thing normally colored in this entire realm. Their sweet scent invaded his senses, invigorating his body and mind once more. Were these plants real? Is this a hint on where to find her? Cletus couldn't help but question reality and what this could mean for the game, for the female phantom clearly could not be trusted.

"I wonder...are your powers incapable of influencing this simple flower? Fufufufufufufufufu..."

"Keep looking!"
her voice would suddenly call out. Cletus would accelerate a bit, as would the child as they both ran up the trail.
"Don't get distracted now." She whispered, almost that was specifically directed to him.

She didn't have to tell him twice, at this point he didn't even care about the temple anymore, he just wanted out of this. If only he hadn't followed that damn marine, none of this would have happened. Now it was just him, the boy running aimlessly, with only the lavenders present as witnesses.​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shaarib Hassan began sinking deeper and deeper into the festering pool of doubt rising higher and higher. The spirit of the temple shrugged off the effects but still felt the pressure being exuded. She watched Shaarib struggle with the negative effects being projected from this girl.
The phoenix-man breathed hard and struggled as he worked through the doubts that haunted him, but sure enough he overcame the phantasmal water in a way to true to himself; by admitting his successes and short-comings he began to feel the 'water' disappearing around him.
Shaarib did not lose time and put the penultimate woman in her coffin made out of iron cloud. The Vice-Admiral turned to the ghost and went past it. Now he had to free the last soul.
The spirit nodded approvingly as he gathered the girl, but once again seemed shocked to be ignored. She remained quiet as he continued his mission, she wasn't eager to stop him short of their goal.
"This is the last girl, apart from the girl below." She said as the vice-admiral pushed the door open to the final captive spirit.

The door slid open and a cold, dry air hit the man in the face; he was prepared for the punishment though. He waited for the effects, but nothing came to him. After a moment, Shaarib would likely prepare to seal the girl up like he had to all the others; then he would feel it...

A tear rolling down his dark cheek.

A spear of grief hit Shaarib in the chest, further building the storm of emotions swirling around within him. These emotions were being unfairly dredged out of the Skypiean's carefully guarded psyche against all resistance given. The stomach-turning anger and guilt was transforming into an unshakeable pain.
Niang-Niang was still behind Shaarib, she frowned watching him suffer alongside her. The building around them whimpered with empathy.

One last trip to the city remained for the emotionally-weighted Skypiean...

@Emperor Madoff

"I wonder...are your powers incapable of influencing this simple flower? Fufufufufufufufufu..."
The question was met with an audible grumbling from the feminine voice, Cletus had hit another one her sore spots it seemed. The trees shifted around to hide the lavender flowers from him, though in that act alone she proved the Lunarian right. She wasn't able to simply remove the flowers from his illusionary world, she had to hide them instead.

Their sweet scent invaded his senses, invigorating his body and mind once more.
As the pleasant smell invaded Cletus' nostrils, glimpses were granted to the pirate of a world he was walking through simultaneously with this one; a world with color, his own world it seemed. Two sets of vision for only one set of eyes... With each step, the sound of the crashing waves got closer.
Cletus was approaching a beautiful clearing in the prisonlike forest, but a steep cliff falling into sharp rocks below in the world of color. The illusion was attempting to lure him over the edge without his knowledge.

"Getting closer..." She said as the boy ran ahead into the clearing safely and began looking around for another good path. The voice was playful, but with an insidious undertone, she seemed eager to be rid of the Son of Science.

Early sunrays from the Chongqing sky hit the shiny hull of 'The Armageddon' and reflected out from the glimmering warship. The fisherman and dock workers were out in the open as soon as the night was gone. They were gathering in small groups to discuss a potential pirate attack, but they still went about their business. Nothing short of assault would drive these dock-workers from their jobs.
When younglings would gather for too long, adults would shuffle them along just in case...

The infamy of certain people and groups often had no bearing on Chongqing or its people; however...The flag of the Silver Vampirates seemed to draw knowledgeable eyes...
Despite this: there was no sign of guards or soldiers.

@Infinity

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Azure City #18
@Einsauer

She audibly grumbled at the realization that Cletus had figured out the shortcomings of her powers. As he made him way up the path, the lunarian noticed the trees shift around in an attempt to hide the flowers from his senses. But all this would do, is prove him right. Chuckling to himself, he continued his advance through the forest.

The enchanting scent of the lavenders that still remained, despite the spirits attempt to hide them from him. They gave the Lunarian access to what one would describe as pseudo double vision, as he would see a combination of his own world and a world filled with color. This was his confirmation that none of this was real.

"This is new." Cletus said in awe. Though her efforts were not completely fruitless, as hiding the flowers prevent the pirate from seeing the original world clearly.

As he continued, the sound of crashing waves gradually got louder and louder, yet there was no cliffside in sight. Instead, he found himself approaching a clearing in the forest.

"Getting closer..." the ghost girl said in her usual playful tone, yet Cletus couldn't help but sense a hint of something sinister within the words. Regardless he advanced. He watched the boy run into the clearly safe and sound searching diligently for another good path to continue the search. Unsuspecting, with the scent of lavenders dramatically weakening, Cletus stepped into the clearing with widened eyes. He was falling instead of standing on solid ground!

"WHAT!?"

-------------------------------------------

The sun began to rise over Chongqing City, signifying a new day. With the night gone, the Fishermen and the Dock workers were out in the open, gathering themselves in small groups discussing the potential of a pirate attack, upon seeing the massive Vampirate ship at the dock. Yet still, there was no signs of any guards or soldiers.

KG opened his eyes, yawning loudly as the other members of the crew were busy performing a maintenance check on the Armaggedon. He looked around him in all directions, Cletus was still nowhere to be seen.

"Cletus still ain't back yet? Hmm, come to think of it, I ain't heard nothing from him since he told us he was tailing that Marine.." KG said, his face serious.

"I wonder if somethin happened to him. Did he get captured by the Marines?"

A dozen questions came to the giant's mind, and no answers at all. He rose to his full height, Raging Bull bouncing on his waist as stood, towering over the rest of the crew and the people of Chongqing. Pointing towards the gathering of people at the docks.

"Yo! Have any of y'all seen my boi Cletus? He's a Lunarian. 10 feet tall. Brown skin. White hair. And a monkey tail? Come to think of it, do Lunarians even have tails? I don't even think I've ever seen this man's black wings have I? Or a giant flame on his back..." KG scratched his head in confusion, waiting for the people to answer him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shaarib Hassan began sinking deeper and deeper into the festering pool of doubt rising higher and higher. The spirit of the temple shrugged off the effects but still felt the pressure being exuded. She watched Shaarib struggle with the negative effects being projected from this girl.
The phoenix-man breathed hard and struggled as he worked through the doubts that haunted him, but sure enough he overcame the phantasmal water in a way to true to himself; by admitting his successes and short-comings he began to feel the 'water' disappearing around him.
The spirit nodded approvingly as he gathered the girl, but once again seemed shocked to be ignored. She remained quiet as he continued his mission, she wasn't eager to stop him short of their goal.
"This is the last girl, apart from the girl below." She said as the vice-admiral pushed the door open to the final captive spirit.

The door slid open and a cold, dry air hit the man in the face; he was prepared for the punishment though. He waited for the effects, but nothing came to him. After a moment, Shaarib would likely prepare to seal the girl up like he had to all the others; then he would feel it...

A tear rolling down his dark cheek.

A spear of grief hit Shaarib in the chest, further building the storm of emotions swirling around within him. These emotions were being unfairly dredged out of the Skypiean's carefully guarded psyche against all resistance given. The stomach-turning anger and guilt was transforming into an unshakeable pain.
Niang-Niang was still behind Shaarib, she frowned watching him suffer alongside her. The building around them whimpered with empathy.

One last trip to the city remained for the emotionally-weighted Skypiean...
Shaarib came to meet a little Skypiean, a little dark skin kid with a white unique the Vice Admiral would always recognize, god’s monks cloaks. The temple was showing him his past. He observed himself, the kid he was, his eyes held so much sorrow. He had never seen himself in this state. Sadness wasn’t his usual. He was sure of it and still, his expression was so familiar, the ones on victims’s faces.

This was his sadness. This was how he felt then, the emotions he stored deeply in a box. He knew they were there, but chose to not get access since he'd left. Seeing his own grief reflected in the kid eyes filled the box in his chest. It began to grow and did not stop. The content could not be kept and the box exploded. The repressed emotions went to the surface and Shaarib began to choke and sob hard.

The worst of it was that the kid came to hug him, so they grieved together. For the loss of their grandad, the dad they never knew, the life they could have had, the life they took from them, twice. For how much it had hurt, for how much hurt. For this life of pain, for this life of anger. But Shaarib soon stopped, he had needed this. He wasn’t built for this peaceful life. World needed guys like him, the mad dogs. If Ener hadn’t happened, he would have never met all his new family or would not have seen the blue sea and its wonders.

The kid dissolved and Shaarib found himself back in the room. The Vice-Admiral could feel he cried in the present. His eyes were puffy. The last trial was over. Blues fames engulfed Shaarib, his heart was full of shame. The temple’s spirit had seen him in a weakened state and he could not accept it. Shaarib jumped and let himself fall to the first floor. He got out and flew towards Azure City.

His den den mushi was ringing but his mind was too clouded to work. Shaarib traveled for a bit before Azure City came into sight. As he did before, he drew the coffins into the brothel and flew back towards the temple. He was dead tired, a little bit preoccupied by the situation at the embassy. He did not see any rush movements from the soldiers in the city.

He was only a trip away from resolving all this mess.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shaarib jumped and let himself fall to the first floor. He got out and flew towards Azure City.
The spirit watched as the troubled young-man took flight off back to the city. Niang-Niang was relieved to finally be rid of the spirits cursing the temple. A burst of green energy suddenly pulsated off of her form as she spiraled excitedly, the building crunched and moaned as the upgrades continued around her with haste.
Her power was returned to her in full now...

His den den mushi was ringing but his mind was too clouded to work. Shaarib traveled for a bit before Azure City came into sight. As he did before, he drew the coffins into the brothel and flew back towards the temple. He was dead tired, a little bit preoccupied by the situation at the embassy. He did not see any rush movements from the soldiers in the city.
Shaarib was now moving during the daylight hours of Chongqing, despite being buried beneath the weight of this difficult and exhausting night, he could feel the eyes looking up at him as his flaming, blue wings flapped once more across their city. White coffins dangled from Shaarib's talons, painting an ominous portrait for the Azure populous beneath him.
New small batches of guards were pointing up at the phoenix, they seemed to be on the search; possibly for him (though in truth they were looking for the general and his squadron); though they were moving in a calm and restrained manner.

The Skypiean finished his flight and unloaded the corpses at Li An's book-house once more, she was nowhere to be found, but the women working there seemed ready to quickly receive and move the coffins off quickly away from business. The exhausted man left without a word to the girls, he could finally get the proof to the cause of and successful destruction of the Jiangshi threat.

Shaarib was unimpeded in his last flight, and was able to return to the temple without issue. The ancient building was easy to spot from the sky, it looked newly renovated. Every plank of wood glistened with a magical sheen, the paint looked fresh and masterfully done. The opulence was immediate. He could feel a boom of energy as he crossed into its territory. The trees were larger, and their branches curled in any way they fancied, the leaves painting the treetops shimmered in a mystical fashion (as if very small being were dancing atop them)...

This area was now a pool of sorts for magical energy.

"They are waiting for you." Came the voice, healthy and cheerful (almost an insult to Shaarib with the night he had endured).

@Emperor Madoff

Unsuspecting, with the scent of lavenders dramatically weakening, Cletus stepped into the clearing with widened eyes. He was falling instead of standing on solid ground!

"WHAT!?"
Cletus took in the last of the lavender's scent before stepping into the clearing. The weak effect stayed with Cletus, the clearing was calm but a sinking feeling was overcoming Cletus. The rush of air moving past him from below, he was falling but his eyes were lying to him and telling him he was still within the meadow.
Then suddenly, like a cord being severed, the magical broadcast was removed from Cletus' sight. He was surrounded by falling bits of mud and forest debris, mere meters from being impaled on jagged rocks emerging from the base of the cliff.
The ocean surrounding the rocks roared up at the falling man like a hungry bear. He would need to act quick!

If he were able to gather his surroundings, he'd be able to see a sunken city in the distance; a light fog washing the bits poking from the surface. Daybreak's beautiful light bathed the ocean, despite the circumstances the view was oddly serene. Above him the trees waved around the temple's base as the breeze pushed in...

Pointing towards the gathering of people at the docks.

"Yo! Have any of y'all seen my boi Cletus? He's a Lunarian. 10 feet tall. Brown skin. White hair. And a monkey tail? Come to think of it, do Lunarians even have tails? I don't even think I've ever seen this man's black wings have I? Or a giant flame on his back..." KG scratched his head in confusion, waiting for the people to answer him.
The people seemed unresponsive, confused or outright frightened. They looked amongst each other, but then a young human boy raised his hand. He wore a wide-brim straw hat for farming and had a piece of straw dangling from his mouth.
"I know someone like that." He said confidently, but he was nudged off by a mink dock-worker.

"Not if you all arrived at night." Said the docker-worker in response to the enormous man. "It's forbidden to roam around at night."

@Infinity

Top Bottom