Movies The MCU Discussion Thread

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Thread to discuss anything to do with the Marvel Cinematic Universe or any Comic-book related movies. Discuss away!

But I'll start the thread with some D23 news that happened this past week!

So it looks like Marvel is moving on from the fallout of the Sony deal with Spiderman and are moving forward without Peter Parker now and Ms. Marvel will likely be the new main star of the MCU following Endgame.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So it looks like Marvel is moving on from the fallout of the Sony deal with Spiderman and are moving forward without Peter Parker now and Ms. Marvel will likely be the new main star of the MCU following Endgame.
Not sure as Spidey is still under contract to have at least 2 more Disney/Sony movies, i blame Disney for being greedy.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I am interested in The Falcon and Winter Soldier, but I don't know if I can pay for a whole subscription just for that, as none of the other offerings interest me.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Not sure as Spidey is still under contract to have at least 2 more Disney/Sony movies, i blame Disney for being greedy.
Agreed. Marvel wanted 50% of the movie box office included into the their already lucrative deal. Even going down to 70/30 would have been way overkill. Sony wasn't being a-holes, Marvel just wanted to get more revenue to cover for their ridiculous movie expenses. I follow John Campea (Don't know if anybody knows him) but he did a damn good break down of how this shitstorm really started. I am on Sony's side because Marvel (or rather Disney) just owning anything straight up is getting to the point of being a fucking monopoly (if they aren't already one).

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Agreed. Marvel wanted 50% of the movie box office included into the their already lucrative deal. Even going down to 70/30 would have been way overkill. Sony wasn't being a-holes, Marvel just wanted to get more revenue to cover for their ridiculous movie expenses. I follow John Campea (Don't know if anybody knows him) but he did a damn good break down of how this shitstorm really started. I am on Sony's side because Marvel (or rather Disney) just owning anything straight up is getting to the point of being a fucking monopoly (if they aren't already one).
dont wanna bash Disney, but Disney according to Stan Lee's daughter dont really care about the character they care about the revenue and IP of the character as sooner or later they would have grabbed Spidey off Sony

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
dont wanna bash Disney, but Disney according to Stan Lee's daughter dont really care about the character they care about the revenue and IP of the character as sooner or later they would have grabbed Spidey off Sony
They never cared they only care about profit. Spiderman is by far Sony's biggest ip.. if they gave him up it would literally gut their entire movie studio. Even Disney wants to buy off Spiderman the asking price would be way more than Marvel is willing to make. Especially after the fuck they did with Star Wars.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
She has no charisma to lead the series. They will force her like in comics

Make Strange or T'chala lead the MCU
it would be best to go down the route of Ms Marvel and have T'chala/Strange/She Hulk be stand in's from time to time before they bring F4 and X-Men into the fray

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
it would be best to go down the route of Ms Marvel and have T'chala/Strange/She Hulk be stand in's from time to time before they bring F4 and X-Men into the fray
I like Captain Marvel as a character but i don't think that in the MCU she has the charisma to pull of the leader persona. Sure she is strong but overall as a character she is just "punch people out of my way" type of person. Compared to Captain America , Spidey , T'chala , Thor and Strange that all have charisma of a leader and more than "punch people out of my way".

She just doesn't have the capacity and Brie Larson is far from likeable

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I like Captain Marvel as a character but i don't think that in the MCU she has the charisma to pull of the leader persona. Sure she is strong but overall as a character she is just "punch people out of my way" type of person. Compared to Captain America , Spidey , T'chala , Thor and Strange that all have charisma of a leader and more than "punch people out of my way".

She just doesn't have the capacity and Brie Larson is far from likeable
the only way they do that if they tie the actor down for the next 5 odd movies as Phase 4 will be a long phase.

If they go that route it will be if they think of a means of upping DC, but yeah i believe MsMarvel is far more suited for the grounded heroes but have Cap Marvel lead in the cosmic events before they introduce some new characters like Nova / Cyclops / Reed Richards

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I actually wonder if I should have this moved to the Movies forum? Thought it would fit better here in the Miscellaneous section but maybe not. Thoughts @Chris Mic ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
With Spidy out MCU is doom for failure. That is it that is the post. Thank You for coming to my ted talk.
These were my thoughts when I heard the news, he was set to literally be the best frontman. The possibilities with him were endless as well. They could've had Holland grow a beard, grow in the film's and had the whole grown up spidey thing going. But they're fucked now imo, I say marvel try to bring in New faces and look at how good the audience takes them in. No other current hero is frontman worthy to me.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
These were my thoughts when I heard the news, he was set to literally be the best frontman. The possibilities with him were endless as well. They could've had Holland grow a beard, grow in the film's and had the whole grown up spidey thing going. But they're fucked now imo, I say marvel try to bring in New faces and look at how good the audience takes them in. No other current hero is frontman worthy to me.
Pretty much my same line of thought

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Rumors going around this evening that Quicksliver will be seen in Doctor Strange 2.
? supposedly going to other universes so maybe Quicksilver will be mutant Quicksilver...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah spiderman leaving MCU through Disneys greed sucks. But to be honest I didn't see him as next frontman, he was nothing compared to Ironman, Captain America and Thor. For me he is just a funny sidecharacter getting ideas from good old movies.

Looking at current plans of phase 4, there is no new avengers movie in plan for now.

Top Bottom