Island Thriller Bark

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: ranger

The "crew" listened very carefully to what the old man had to say.

"God help you!" Kö gasped after the man introduced himself.

Akira looked at the old man. He began to tear up... but then he started staring so hard that he squinted his eyes and shake his mouth in concentration. Smoke started coming out of his ears! *ppppahhh!*
fried brain I guess oh well, what else is going on around here? ...The boy gave up after the first sentence Spoil spoke and began to look side to side around the woods instead.

"Ship, huh? So it's not a hospital?" Yoko scrunched her brow, putting her knuckles on her hips and bent forward hmm well I guess if Dr. Hogoback went off to research it wouldn't have to be a hospital.

As Yoko bent over to focus on the information Akira caught a glimpse of heaven... Huuu? He began to drool as his eyes shifted from the woods to Yoko.

"GECKO MORIAH!!!!??" Yoko screeched jumping onto one foot and twisting her arms in fear "THERE'S NO FREAKIN' WAAAAY!!!" All this creepy shit makes sense now!!!

Akira quickly shifted his glance back to the forest and pretended like he wasn't looking at anything.

"hmm" the beast thought Moriah. Never heard of him... but based on what he is saying it's no wonder the LORD sent us here. "Rest assured, Oji-san, stealing is a heinous sin and the LORD will make sure to pass his judgement on this 'Moriah'." the nhe lays down on his belly and continues to listen to the man's words. His tail sinks to the floor at the horrors the poor people here had to face. What, zombies? Hmm. What ungodly power."

"-OLD MAN!" Yoko butt in finally, "YOU CAN'T MEAN THE GEKKO MORIAH!!?? Like... like the SHICHIBUKAI???? her inflection ascended with power as she belted from her overpowering emotions.

But this screaming just seemed to cause Spoil to cry... Akira did too... but then he looked at Yoko again...

Kö spoke up "We will follow the LORD's path. You can rest assured of that, oji-san. God bless you and your people. Stay safe until we can meet this 'Gecko'" hmm like a lizard? Kö just pictured a man with green skin and a pointed tounge. Ungodly! he thought in disgust despite being a beast himself. "Akira!"

"HU!-" Akira flinched, his look shooting over to his komainu brother. Oh shit! and he quickly wiped the blood off his nose, smearing it into his right arm. "Y-yeah! Let's go, Kö." somehow Akira snapped out of his funk with just the one simple word and looked really ready, lifting his arms up in fists and taking big steps forward without knowing where exactly he was going...

"HEY HEY HEY!!!!" Yoko shouted as the two moved northbound yet again. "YOU CAN'T SERIOUSLY BE THINKING OF GOING AFTER GEKKO MORIAH!!!?"

Akira's smile sank and turned his mouth into a circle as he slouched. "Huh? Why not?" the boy nonchalantly questioned.

"WHY NOOOOT!?" Yoko belted back what are they some type of idiots??? -... oh ...why do I even ask myself? Of course they are... is it even worth hanging around them to get a ship? "Why not?" she lowered her voice and cleared her throat a bit. "Gokko Moriah is one of the seven royal warlords that serves the World Government! Not only is he super strong but if you fight him you will be making enemies with the World Government you dopes!!!" This is just greeeeat what is Dr. Hogback doing with Gekko Moriah???

"Young lady," Kö sternly started, "it is not up to us who we go after." the beast leaned his back upwards as to sit up straight and tall on his hind legs, crossing his paws. "It is God's will." he simply states turning around, putting a paw on Akira's shoulder to let him know to continue. "And God will give us strength."

"He's never let us down before gehehe!" Akira turns his head back to give Yoko a bright smile and a thumbs up.

How... how can they be so sure? ...Yoko stands there dumbfounded for a moment as they continue. God's strength??? ...Well come to think of it that beast was so fast I couldn't even keep up. ...maybe... maybe he really does stand a chance? She slowly starts moving her legs one after the other shakily through the woods now. "GOD DAMN IT!" she blasts.

Kö's ears perk up and he pauses for a moment.

"S-sorry" Yoko mumbles.
Akira scowls but keeps moving with his furry friend.

Well at least I will be able to see what is going on with Dr. Hogback! And I've been training my gun skills for years now! If some creepy zombies try to sneak up on me then I'll just blast 'em! hehe She grins to herself spinning her uzi in her hand as she moves. Oh that's right! Those buggers can't sneak up on us if I use my haki! Wait do guns even work on zombies??? "Hey, Kö! You have haki too right?" she blurts out.

"Haki?" the komainu moves front left paw and back right paw simultaneously then switches as he steps over the fallen branches. "I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. But don't worry about any zombie or ghouls or ghosts." confidently "God will protect us." hmm but why couldn't he last time? ...Well. It's all part of his plan anyway. All that combat noise brought the old man to us so it must have been fate for me to lose before. Nothing could waver the beasts trust in the LORD! They began to make their way north and out of the woods.

----------------------------------------
Royal Shichibukai? Who cares! Just trust in God. Next time: it's "Devilman no Uta"!!!

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By:
Previously, as things were simple glimpses of various events on the island, they were lumped closely together. Going forward, events will be more separated to denote a change in pace and mood. Events will separated by headings.

Zombie Night

"Garrgh! Your targets are on the South of the island." said Absalom. "A dog like creature and his two human companions."

With this information in mind, the zombies moved. From the graveyard in the west to the Southern path, a horde of seventy-five zombies danced and sung
. Seventy-five voices echoed across the island, singing a song of declaration.

"Round and round and turn and die,
Everybody, zombie night!
We are coming for that dog,
We'll make his eyes turn white!
Round and round and turn and die,
Everybody, zombie night!
Zombie night, die of fright!
Everybody, zombie night!
It's a truth concealed in shadow,
We rotten few take delight
In overwhelming our enemies,
We wonder... does this dog bite?"

By the end of the song, they stood before the dog-like creature and his companions.

Lyrics altered from canon version to better match this scenario.

Level 20 (x75)
20 x 5 = 100
Strength: 25+4=29
Speed: 25+4=29
29x2=58
-Reaction: 29
-Movement: 29
Vitality: 25+4=29
29x2=58
-Durability: 29
-Stamina: 29
Martial Arts: 25
25x2=50
-Swordmanship: 50

Science Fiction / Double Feature

Doctor Hogback was working tirelessly on a plan, in case the Night Attack failed. While he worked, he listened to some music.

Gecko Moria came into his office unannounced, which surprised him.

"Moria! To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Hogback, you beautiful bastard, do you have a powerful shadow for me? I want to bring Oars to life!"

"Yes, so you already have a plan."

"Yes, indeed I do. Kishishishi! Find Absalom and Perona, I don't want them to miss the procedure! Oh, and turn that music off, it's so tacky."

"But... I like it."

Moria left without another word to Hogback, not even acknowledging his protest of his captain's criticism.

Damn, there goes my plan. Oh well, it couldn't have been anything special compared to Oars.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Original Post By: ranger

As the pure-hearted spirit animal, flip-floppy bushy haired boy and blunt red haired markswoman pushed ahead towards the castle a group of Zombies moved nearer towards the three in a funkadelic disco groove. A wild pack of stitched faces and multi-colored rotting skin of various beasts made up the swarm of ghouls. Dead humans with large metal screws and bolts jutting out from their skulls and arms. Animal-people hybrids that walked on fours and twos sometimes both at once?

Kö didn't need his sight of God to tell the Zombies were apporaching. His nostrils wriggled side to side as he took in the thick air. Rot, he thought. His pointed ears twiched as he listened to the wave of stumbling and dancing footsteps trample over the ground. God be good... "Akira! Yoko! We've got company." the beast calmly spoke up. "And from what I can tell they are not human."

Akira brought his arms to the back of his waist and from two small crossed leather sheaths he slid out a pair of curved daggers. "I'm ready, Kö. May God guide us!"

Yoko, who was still holding onto her cold weighted mini-machine gun, shook harder and harder as the sound of the Zombified heard grew closer and closer.
What am I getting myself into!!?? She looked side to side There! before jolting over to a beefy strangler fig tree. Dozens of creeping roots reached up from the sides of the main mast of the behemoth and intertwined to form one creation. The branches curved up and outwards as to form a sort of chalice. Perfect to holding a person and providing many spots to poke a gun through.

The Zombies reached their targets. Kö and Akira stood in wait. The ghouls stopped as they crossed eyes. "Gruf!" Kö signed with a quick burst of a shout and both him and Akira run forward to "meet" the undead before them.

The beast's claws ripped through a bulky looking humanoid zombie with several stitches mainly on his upper body and arms. He then jumped off only his hind legs as his arms found ground again, whipping his back-side at a half dozen more.
May your souls find rest in the hallowed halls of the LORD.

Akira bent his back parallel to the ground as he rushed. The air pressed his wing-like hair back and he held both daggers out to his sides sinking his blades through the center of two smaller zombies. It would carve a section out of them and once his curved razers tasted air he jump-flipped onto the back of a man-creature zombie and drove his baby swords deep into the nape. "RaaaAAAAAAA!" the boy let out his energy with this strike.

*note: there were once attack notes and DPR calc at the bottom of this post but it must not have been copied over. probably a SPOILER copy error*

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The First of the Failures, Part I: The Screams of Pain

The mysterious island visitors had made swift work of ten zombies so far, leaving sixty-five still able to fight. As the shadows left the bodies of the unsuitable corpses, the remaining zombies began to wonder if they too were in for a similar fate.

"We can't give up, we're zombies!" said a random zombie.

"Yeah, you're right!" said another. "For the glory of Moria!"

Spirits renewed, the zombies began to surround their opponents.

"Alright, to commemorate the occasion, a revised version of our hit single, Zombie Night!" said one zombie.

They all sang at once.
"Round and round and turn and die,
Don't just stand there, come alive!
Everybody zombie night!
Understand there's strength in numbers,
Overwhelm the enemy,
We rotted souls bear no semblance
To the plague 'humanity'!
Zombie night, die of fright!"

A Light in Hogback's Place

The time had come to re-animate the strongest corpse in Moria's army: the demonic giant Oars. A creature several times larger than the average giant, with hardened red skin and big pointed horns protruding from either side of his head. He wore nothing but a loin cloth and a belt made from the skulls of his enemies.

"Look at this freak of nature, Hogback! Kishishishi! You couldn't be this freaky even if you tried!"

"Master Moria, please do not insult me."

"I'll do whatever I damn well feel like! Now, I have found the perfect shadow for this creature... the shadow of the... come to think of it, I'm not sure where I got this shadow. Oh well, I remember he was powerful. It should be a match made in hell."

"Why do you guys always have to be so creepy? It's gross and not cute at all!" said Perona.

"Creepy is a way of life, Perona. You're a girl so you wouldn't understand," said Absalom.

"Coming from you, it almost sounds like a true statement," said Perona.

"Enough! Let us begin. It is time to re-awaken Oars!" said Moria.

Hogback and Cindry performed the procedure, implanting the shadow into Oars' great body.

"Now, it will take some time for the giant to awaken due to the size difference between the shadow and the corpse," explained Hogback.

The five of them sat watching the corpse for signs of life.

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Amidst the swarm of zombies despite the duo's power they began to become over run! Several ghouls who were upon Ko began to overtake him and as he ripped them off more and more just kept coming. Akira was dotting in a demon dance. Poking around the fiends of of the night. A sort of counter ballet between his own muse and the zombie disco. There's just too many! He thought. Not even aware that Ko was beginning to topple.

"GROAR!" Ko snarled as he felt the weight of the dead upon him and the smell even more! Lord have mercy! He tried to shake but they would not easily budge and though a few flung off, a few bit down on him. After being flung away they would return to their feet and more zombies had already replaced them. It was a sort of boogie line...

Yoko from high in her treetop perch had a good view of the situation. Oh no! Is the beast going to ok??? I need to help him! "KO!" she belted pointing her little pellet shooter at the swarm around Ko. She pulled the trigger tight letting out a nervous "eek!" watching the abominations of re-life move. The red headed girls arms were certainly not steady. As they vibrated they began to scratch against the tree's tough bark. Her breathing didn't help her aim either. A hail of uzi rounds would begin to rip various holes in the zombie swarm around Ko. Yet it would not stop them. An undead can live with a hole or two or even three! As is the nature of not needing a cardio vascular system. "WHY WON"T THEY STOP!!!?" The beauty fearfully shrieked. tic tic tic the small machine uttered within Yoko's hands as it reached the last of it's magazine.

Akira tore another dagger through a squid armed bird footed man-zombie, cleaving his neck off. The head bounced around on the ground hissing at the boy beside a couple new corpses. Still alive? Sweat dripped down his forehead as his agile and thin make cut by the bite of another foe. "Damn!" he wept, looks like it's really important where I cut these poor souls a single tear melted down along with his sweat. I'm sure they just want to rest! Look at them, in such pain. "WAAAAH!" as he began swelling up in sorrow. Alright this time I'll end him for sure! He put is gaze upon the bouncing head yet again. "Swallow's Dive!" Jolting down quick and sinking himself to the ground, Akira spread his arms like a swallow with both knives hooking in, like the tip of two wings. He aimed to bisect the zombie head and cut the leg off another enemy on his opposite side before rolling and keeping momentum to return to his feet.
Swallow's Dive: requires 41 strength, 41 speed, 41 mastery - DPR: B

"GRRRRROWL" Ko anguished, "cover your ears, Akira!" and the beast took in a hefty ton of rotten air...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Zombie stats have been changed. Things are a bit different now.

A Ray of Moonlight

While Absalom watched Oars' corpse with his constituents, it dawned on him that he had not sent the full force of regular zombies.

Grr-hmm, he thought. Though I did send seventy-five, I get the feeling I could have sent more. Well, with any luck, those zombies will figure it out.

It seems the zombies did indeed figure it out, as the chaotic scene against the dog-like creature and his companions was soon changed. Though they had tried and failed to stop the advances of quite a few zombies, the bisection of one lowered their count to sixty-four. Twenty zombies not previously engaged in the fight arrived on the scene and added to the attack.

Level 15 (x84)
15x5 = 75
Strength: 20 + 2 = 22
Speed: 19 + 2 = 21
21x2=42
-Reaction: 21
-Movement: 21
Vitality: 19 + 2 = 21
21x2=42
-Reaction: 21
-Movement: 21
Martial Arts: 17
17x2=34
-Swordsmanship: 34

Time Warp

"It's just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right..." sang Hogback.

"Hogback!" shouted Moria. "If you don't cut out that infernal racket, I'll make you regret it!"

"Well, you expect me to just sit here and wait for Oars to wake up?"

Oars' fingers began to move.

"Shut up, Hogback! We're going to miss it!"

Oars' eyes opened and his mouth roared. He moved his arms and put them on his hips.

"With your hands on your hips..." sang the monstrous giant.

Moria, Perona, Absalom, and Hogback had expressions of shock on their face, their jaws dropped and their eyes bulged. Oars tucked his knees together. "You bring your knees in tight!"

The giant began thrusting his pelvis, a movement which shook the whole island. "But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane!"

He stopped thrusting and threw his arms out, punching the sides of the building. "Let's do the time warp again!"

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

As the group was losing more and more ground, more and more of the walking dead began to show. Some sprung from the ground below while others boogied from the mansion nearby. From the tree tops the swinging zombies swang and from the misty skyline the flying zombies flew. Ko finished inhaling. From the grass the crawling zombies crawled. From the darkness the shadow zombies snuck. But the one thing they all knew well, how to dance the terror tussle! I have to stop this before we get completely overrun! More and more dead began to pile atop him. God grace me! he prayed. And then with a mighty release the beast bellowed!

From the night sky a star shone down a small light upon the pilgrim komainu. His body toppled with the flesh of the once dead. And from his voice... a blessing. Something to free all of those around him who clung to their ended life. I will see you all again in heaven, The beast wished them all goodbye.

Akira had known to listen well to his good friend and brother so he had jumped high into the air, away from the komainu. Closing his ears tight with both palms. I believe in you, Ko!

"RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

A massive shockwave tore through the carapace of Hogback's medical work and beginning with the zombie nearest to Ko... were simply blown away from the sheer pressure. Then the zombies that Akira had been fighting. Then further outwards...

Yoko, still in the tree was spotted by a few aerial zombies, headed her way from the direction of the swarm. She watched as the shockwave tore it's way toward her and in utter shock instinctively knew to shield herself ducking down below the branches into her tree cove. At the top and in cover she would be shielded from the brunt of the blast. By the time the splatter from the undead zombie guts gushed against her tree she had been prepared. But the mighty roar still carved away at her shelter and sent her towards the cold, dead soil. "eYaaaaaaaaaa!" she cried as she fell, hands still on her head. CRASH! when she hit the ground.

- thunder, hail and fire: The seventh plague, a show of god's power over earth's weather summoning thunder, hail and fire.
Kö releases his anger and ferocity as a mighty lion's roar which creates a pressure wave in the air.
(requires 81 strength, 81 mastery) - DPR: A

Ko now stood amid a pile of mush and rot. He prayed, "Forgive them, oh Lord, for they knew not of what it meant to be in your grace. Please bless those fallen as you have blessed me and allow them a heavenly rest." No more zombies would stand before them. Akira, knocked back as well from the blast, had been prepared and so he managed to land on his two feet. He was sad for those who had just fallen before him, but was glad that they no longer had to suffer a miserable life after death. Be in peace, he wept as he landed looking down at the lost.

"My neeeeeck" Yoko grumbled as she was now a twisted amalgamation of branches and body parts, sprawled across the earth. That.. THAT BASTARD KO!!! HE!!!! ... he did it!? ..."ha! ... ha ha.. hahahah!" now, she smiled! Swiping the wooden parts away from her, Yoko was truely glad. "Thank GOOOD!" releasing all her pent up stress.

"Amen." he finished.

So the trio of followers would now brush themselves off from their close encounter and return on their path to the stone castle. What would they find there?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The First of the Failures, Part II: The Deafening Silence

A shockwave tore through the shadows occupying the corpses, forcing them out and effectively defeating all of the remaining zombies.

With no-one left to fight the beast and his companions, nothing could stop them from encroaching on the main courtyard. It would be some time before anyone noticed that all of the regular zombies had been defeated.

Hot Patootie

"I hope you're happy Hogback, now Oars has the same poor taste as you do!" said Absalom.

"Like I had anything to do with this! His shadow must be a strong-willed individual," said Hogback.

"Who's the shadow again?" asked Moria.

"A fairly strong rookie named Eddie. I think he got sent to Impel Down at some point after we stole his shadow."

Oars punched the tower's walls until they crumbled into pieces, which flew to the North of the island. He jumped out of the building and landed on his feet. He stood up straight and began singing again.

"Whatever happened to Saturday night? When you dressed up sharp and you felt alright..."

Moria and the others watched from the tower in bewilderment.

"Well, it might be a while before he's ready to serve us," said Hogback.

"If you weirdos need me, I'm going back to my tower," said Perona.

Oars continued singing and walking North, fist pumping the air and stomping as he went.

"Hot patootie, bless my soul, I really love that rock and roll!"

Level 60
50 x 5 = 250
Strength: 40+40=90
Speed: 75+10=85
80x2=160
-Reaction: 80
-Movement: 80
Vitality:45+40=85
85x2=170
-Durability:85
-Stamina:85
Martial Arts: 80
80x2=160
-Swordmanship: 80
-Brawling: 80

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The trio finally arrive at the mansion at the back center of the colossal pirate ship. The air isn't as thick or misty here. There are several lights on the outside walls that actually illuminate this dark and twisted island. Still the mansion itself is as large as it is foreboding.

Ko, leans back onto his hind legs and straightens his bow tie. He is now, for seemingly no reason other than the author deciding the write a pun, wearing a full missionary black suit and tie with a little black hat. The beast collects his book at his hip and clears his throat "e-e-e-e-ehem" pounding twice on his chest "eeeeh-ehe-ROOOOOAR"

Yoko squeaks at the sudden lion sound. Akira steps up beside his friend and sprays a puff of mouth freshener into his gullet before adjusting his bow tie as well...

The red headed marksmistress rubs her sphenoid sinus as she worries, Walking up to a Shichibukai's house is one thing... but... "WHAT THE HELL EVEN IS THIS!!!?"

*knock knock knock knock* Ko taps the great wooden front door in a steady, rapid, mezzo forte volume. "It's showtime Akira." The now fashionable komainu quickly assures his partner. "Before we do anything rash we need to see if we can convert these folk into the light of the Lord." He says as a couple large teeth hang down below his smile.

"Right! Let's do this!" Akira proudly confirms starring readily at the entrance.

Oh my god. thoughts ironically blaze through Yoko's mind. We're gonna die! We are so gonna die! Why am I even here again? I shouldn't be here. There's no reason. I can just leave right now. Yeah! That's it! I'll just turn around. Turn around and get away from these two crazies! Who in their right mind does this kinda shit anyway!!!?

The door creeks open. But is it from Ko's strong knocking or is there actually someone OR something at the door?

But just then...something on the opposite side of the mansion exploded! The tower fell to Oarz's mighty fist! And out he came a dancin' and singing!

"KYAAAAAAAAA" Yoko belted! "See this place is even creepier than the woods!"

"Come on," Akira teased with his hands above his head wriggling down like spider over the girl, "let's go find this surgeon guy!"

"Aaaand." Ko reminded, "We need to convert this Moriah fellow away from sin. It matters not if their house is exploding let's just wait politely at the front door."

The building structure was large enough to obscure Oarz from the trio's view, especially since they were pressed up so close against the front wall. So they did not know what it was, but the island began to rumble from the demon's dance.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Dammit, Cindry!

Hogback and Cindry had just come down from the central tower when they saw in the distance that the door was wide open and three figures were waiting for some sort of permission to enter. "Crap," whispered Hogback. "We have uninvited guests and my TD jukebox is just lying around in the middle of the hallway. If the island shakes again, it's liable to start playing."

Hogback's whispered prediction came true, and another of Hogback's choice tracks began playing.

"Oh dear, I hope this isn't as awkward as it seems."

The song continued to play as Hogback was frozen in panic. "Cindry..." he mumbled. "Do something."

"All plates and musicals should die!" she said. At the same time, she threw a stack of ten plates, one after the other at the jukebox, until she had no plates left. The jukebox stopped playing after the fourth plate, but continued on the fifth, and stopped again on the eighth.

After all of that, Cindry came up to the door. "Welcome to your last place of residence. The beast and the woman are welcome. The man is not."

Hogback was frustrated by this underhanded welcome. He rushed up to the door to clarify his feelings on the matter. "Dammit, Cindry! Stop intimidating the guests! All of them are allowed inside."

"Alright, but if I were you, I'd keep a close eye on the man."

"Seriously Cindry, your grudges against men, plates, and whatever else have got to stop."

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well... the door swung open and behind it a juke box?

The song began with a rather peculiar dialog...

Ko stood with his fist still raised where the door... was Hmm what a odd way to answer a door... He twisted his face in thought.

Akira fell to his knees...

Yoko squinted her eyes as she observed from behind the other two Huh? "This isn't scary at all..." So why did Akira fall down? Oh there are some people there! They look... well not exactly normal but... still! She was extremely relieved and shot straight up to say hello. Looking forward to meeting the wondrous surgeon she had heard so much about!

In front of the pilgrims, now, were two odd looking sorts. One man was quite egg shaped and wore fishnet tights with a darkened hue. His eye glasses were quite stunning and his hairdo... unique. The lady was... beautiful? But she was a zombie lady so there were stitches going across her whole body. She had an hourglass figure and blonde bangs with a short black dress.

"Greetings!" Ko began before Cindry started destroying the music player. Uh... oh? Well I suppose that song was rather uncalled for... *eh-hem!* he tried to speak again, but Akira interrupted him now...

Flinging his arms over his sobbing face, the warm-hearted boy had been moved by the song "BRAAAAD!!!" when it abruptly stopped he began to weep uncontrollably "Ja-a-a-neeeet! *sniffle* You two were made for each other!"

After the two house owners squabbled among themselves and the group was welcomed inside, Ko was finally able to politely return to his original course of action. "Why thank you, good sir. Hello, mam." nodding his snout, "what a..." he looked around the eerie interior oh my... "lovely" *ehem* finally finding the right word "house you have." Just what really is this place? Then he presented his book without taking a step inside the building quite yet, "Do you have a moment to hear about our lord and savior, Jesus Christ?" few I think I nailed it!

"aaaaaaa hu hu huhu hu....braaaad...." Akira kept crying beside him soaking his nice suit and tie... *EHEM-RUFF!* Ko tried to get Hogback and Cindry's attention back to him instead.

This is hopeless! These two are going to scare them away before I even get to meet Dr. Hogback! Yoko worried. She quickly pushed both men out of the way taking the first step inside. "ExcuseMeButIamLookingForDoctorHogback!" she blurted out staring intently at both people before her.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Calm Before the Storm

"Ah, yes, well I am Doctor Hogback," said the recently befuddled man himself, unable to address all of the information at once.

I think that dog just asked me about Jesus Christ, thought Hogback. And oddly enough, Cindry was right, that boy is a weirdo. No-one gets that invested in Brad and Janet's relationship, especially not if they know what happens next. Anyway, back to that talking dog-like creature... Jesus is the Lord and Saviour? I always thought that was Doraemon... well, outside perspectives are always welcome.

"Master, you aren't saying anything," said Cindry.

"Oh sorry, I drifted off into thought for a while. Please, why don't the three of you come in? We can have some tea and dry foods, and discuss why it is the three of you are here. Why the young lady is seeking me out. Why the dog-like creature can talk and why it worships Jesus. Why the man is here and adding nothing to the conversation. Who the three of you are, that sort of thing."

Hogback was nervous and he hoped he hadn't stepped his foot in it with his ramblings. He turned around, about to walk somewhere.

"Anyway, follow me, the dining hall is just up ahead."

The Shadow of Eddie

Moria and Absalom were still in the fridge where Oars had escaped from.

"So are we just supposed to wait here?" asked Moria.

"I suppose," said Absalom.

"The shadow inside Oars right now... who did Hogback say it belonged to?"

"A rookie named Eddie. It's funny, one of Hogback's dumb songs actually kind of describes..."

"Sing it, and I'll steal your shadow and then leave you out in the sun," said Moria.

"Grr! No way were you going to catch me singing anything from that dumb musical!" Absalom paused and then added to his statement. "Though if a cute girl sung that song about touching..."

"Absalom!" yelled Moria, before continuing in a quieter, more dejected tone. "Show some professionalism, you sleaze."

"Grr! You're just lucky that you're the boss."

With that, they had nothing else to say to each other, and they continued waiting for Oars to come back.

Last edited:

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The three were on a mission! On... their own mission? maybe? I don't fully know anymore, actually. With this recent turn of events for Akira's empathy and Yoko cutting off Ko's first big question things seemed to go... a little hay-wire for the three. Ha! Look at me rambling off, I'm but the narrator. Let's get back into the thick of it I suppose... *sweat*

Yoko blushed as the sharp nosed man before them introduced himself as the prolific Dr. Hogback! "I'M YOKO!" She brought both her closed fists over her mouth and here eyes traced the ground as she thought to herself What the heck why can't I talk right?. I need to ask him to help me! ..but... it's just to embarrassing to say out loud. She nervously stepped back and looked upon the two new faces before her again. Oh no! He's not saying anything... I ruined my first impression.

Ko took that chance to press forward past the inner-focused red head. But then Hogback turned spoke and distracted Ko with sound public speaking skills all the sudden! "Hmm yes. I do suppose tea and something dry does sound nice." the beast couldn't help, but to admit rather than bringing God back up. The air outside has been so humid from the mist. He patted back some of his slightly damp fur with a paw.

They began to walk and Akira still squealed sorrows about Brad and Janet in many different pitches and volumes at the most disturbing of times. Strangely Ko and Yoko were able to ignore it... Yoko, still with skin matching her hair, followed behind all 4 of the others waiting for her chance in a more private and less embarrassing setting with the surgeon legend to ask her question.

The spirit of wano, however, was still insistent on his mission to bring the Lord into the hearts of these people and purify the land. How do I put this without coming across as rude... ah! "It's just that we've run into a few rather... demonic things on our way to your home I was curious whether or not you have taken the Lord into your heart?" Ach! No that was too strong! I need to say something a bit softer now "You know that our father will forgive those who ask him? phew! Nailed it! His doggy nose began to perspirate as they approached the eatery and smells of food (not good nor bad just bland) became stronger. "damnit Janet..." Akira slapped both palms onto his face. Ko wasn't even thinking about correcting his brother's manners.

The trio was so steadfast in their own minds that as they walked along the gothic castle they hadn't even noticed the strange pictures which looked as if their eyes were following the visitors as they walked. Nor the shabby red rug that almost... pushed them all forward? The moldy stones that Cindry-chan had never cleaned! How dare she! Oh the dining room looked pretty nice though! ...well we can talk about that next post. Hopefully one of the characters can say something about it so I don't have to! "YA HERE ME!" the narrator launched out of the 4th wall to punch Akira in the face and it finally snapped the bushy haired boy out of his funk! "Ah! Food? -wha?"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Dinner With a Side of Mad Science

Hogback and Cindry were leading the bizarre group of guests through the hallways toward the dining hall
. "Hm?" started Hogback, as he heard the dog-like creature's concerns. "I suppose that the unusual may appear demonic to those unfamiliar, but everything on this island can be explained by science. Though, it's fitting that you should say demonic- given that many phenomena in this world are the cause of devil fruits." Cindry opened the door in front of Hogback and he stepped through, presuming that his guests were right behind him.

"In any case, such matters hardly concern me. Though this island presents its opportunities for study. My colleagues call it mad science - I call it a new horizon in man's domain. But enough about what I'm up to," he said, as he sat down at the table, awaiting the guests to join him. "I want to hear all about what you're doing here."

"Because - I fear it might be as you say, strange dog-like fellow - their may be an absence of God in this place."

Doraemon hasn't done a lot for me lately, what with putting me in this situation, he thought. These guys can tear through our regular zombies, and I honestly have no idea if I could stand a chance. Let's hope my open-ness doesn't piss them off too much.

Reasoning With the Beast

Absalom and Moria had gone to Oars in order to attempt to regain control.

"Aaargh!" screamed a frustrated Moria. "He's not listening to a word we're saying."

"He was singing earlier, so maybe he only responds to music..." mused Absalom.

"What? I'm not singing to that overgrown diva!"

"Well you think I'm going to do it? I told you there's no way I'd ever sing a stupid song!"

"Hey!" yelled the giant at the fighting crewmates.

"What?" they both yelled back.

"Are you guys gonna sing a song with me? Cause, uh... I'll totally do whatever you say if you do."

Absalom and Moria looked at each other, disgusted and disgruntled, knowing that they had little other recourse.

"The sword of Damocles is hangin' over my head!" sang Moria.

"And I've got the feeling someone's gonna be cutting the thread!" sang Oars, with a big goofy smile on his face.

"Oh, woe is me, my life is a misery..." sang Absalom.

"Oh, and can't you see, that I'm at the start of a pretty big downer!" sang Oars, pleased that he had someone to sing with.

The two continued their song, hoping that in this corner of the woods, no-one would hear them.

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Keeping a steady pace with his host, Ko responded to the doctor, "Devil Fruits, yes. I am aware of the pain they bring to people." He then let Hogback finish. The kitchen was a beautiful room with high ceilings, crystal chandelier and no plates! There were paintings hung of... rather admittedly odd looking creatures, an oak table and ...no plates?

After the scientist arrived at his place at the table, Ko politely followed sitting down to his right, the first of the three to join the fish-net clad man. Akira who was now out of his funk hustled up and took the chair to the right of Ko. Yoko scuttled her way up afterwards and took a seat left of Hogback, but a chairs away. She sat directly across the table from Akira.

Akira spoke up, "We're here to spread the good word and to lift the darkness that is cast upon this island!!!" Everyone was quite shocked that the laxidazy boy actually uttered a complete sentence. But then the bushy haired teen threw his hands behind his head and propped his feet up on the nice table. Leaning back in his chair he grinned triumphantly.

*ehem* Ko cleared his throat and pawed Akira's feet down causing him to lose balance and nearly fall. "That is correct", the beast continued on, "we are only here because the LORD has willed it to be so. There are demonic monsters here that attacked us. It must have been the work of the devil. This island is clearly not right. What do you mean by mad science, good doctor? Is this truly your work? Grrr" the komainu lightly growled under his breath.

"I- I'mheretomeetyouDoctorHogback!" Yoko violently sped through her words, blurting out yet again before shyly looking away from the crowd and at the floor. "I'm looking to get some surgery... if you could..." the red from her hair once again flowed down her face all the way to her toes like a steady stream.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Scientific Explanation

"There's a lot to unpack with the things you have said to me. First of all, to the young lady, what surgery are you even talking about? I can't help you if I don't know what you want, and if it's something mundane, then I'm sorry, but I don't do that at all."

Cindry came up to the table and placed pancakes on it. "Dinner is served," she said, deadpan.

"Cindry! Pancakes for dinner? And where are the plates?"

"All plates should be eradicated from the face of the Earth," she said with an intense seriousness.

"Alright, I get it. Now where was I? Oh yes, I suppose I should supply a counter to your accusation of demonic work and darkness on this land."

Hogback continued to speak in between bites of pancake. The maple syrup ran all over the table as Cindry poured it. Hogback had more important matters to deal with right now, namely addressing his guests.

"Moria is a shrewd man, with a bizarre appearance, and a bizarre power, but he is no devil. His ability to take the shadows of others and place them in a corpse, thereby bringing it to life, is both horrifying and fascinating."

"I came here aware of what he could do, so that I might deduce the secret of such a power. Imagine if such abilities could be replicated by technology, if the shadow could be copied rather than stolen... ah, but perhaps I am chasing something impossible."

"In any case, if you wish to stop Master Moria, I wish you the best of luck, because no-one who has tried has succeeded."

"Of course, I only tell you all of this because I know it would be pointless to deceive you, and more so to try and stop you."

On The Planet's Face

Oars agreed to follow Moria's orders.

"Alright, Oars, the first order is to return to the castle. We have some guests on Thriller Bark."

"Guests? Are they gonna sing a song with us?"

"No. In fact, they hate you."

"WHAT? But they haven't even met me..."

"Yes, so I want you to fight the bullies who think they can come to our island and pass judgment on us."

"Judgmental bastards! Now I'm really mad!"

Oars began to head towards the castle, and Moria slipped into his shadow, and into the compartment in Oars' stomach. Absalom meanwhile, had gone off to wake Perona.

Last edited:

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Yoko, again too embarrassed to say much about her desires out loud, sulked back and let the syrup run down from her lack of plate off the side of the table and drip down to the floor. Well I can't really say anymore right now. I'd be much more comfortable in private... and what does he consider to be mundane? What if I came all the way here just for him to reject me... if a world renowned surgeon can't fix me then who on earth will!? With each passing thought a dark cloud grew more and more intense over the young lady's head. Her knees now lifted up onto her seat, Yoko drove her head further and further into her thighs so that she could hide herself from the world. I'll never be accepted now. All the boys will just think I'm ugly forever. I might as well go find a deserted island and hide away from the world... but I can't even get off this island now can I... A metaphorical thunderbolt shot down from the gloomy forecast of Yoko's present personality.

Akira was stuffing his face with pancakes. Cindry couldn't put them down fast enough to keep up with the young man's appetite. Screw the forks! He thought.

It's over for me. Yoko internally cried out.

While Ko was able to sit through the not so good doctors words and hear his reasoning out before jumping to a conclusion due to his naturally collected personality, Akira couldn't take the words when Hogback uttered them: "I came here aware of what he could do, so that I might deduce the secret of such a power. Imagine if such abilities could be replicated by technology, if the shadow could be copied rather than stolen... ah, but perhaps I am chasing something impossible."

The mad lad's neck jolted and stiffened a bulging gaze at the scientist and his hands pounded on the table (It would have rattled any plates had they been present). Akira didn't even hear the rest of the words. "YOU BASTARD!!!" the enraged boy shouted as he sprang up onto of the wooden walkway and dove for Dr. Hogback (hands first). Akira's inner demon would grab the experimenter's collar if the tackle was successful and the brutish teen would lecture him irregardless of what happened now.

Akira growled in a deep voice. Raspy and harsh enough to hurt his own throat just from speaking, "SO YOU THINK PLAYING WITH LIFE AND DEATH IS A GAME!? YOU THINK IT'S FASCINATING!!!??? YOU ARE FOLLOWING AND AIDING THAT DEMON MORIAH TO CHASE POWER!!!!??? YOU GREEDY PUNK I'LL... I'LL..." KILL THIS PRICK! COME ON AKIRA! GO WILD! The boy's inner demon temped him. In conflict with his own ideals now, the assailant could only "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" His eyes almost appeared to shift to a bloody red and his bushy hair began to uncurl and stand up!

But as soon as the spirit of wano heard Akira begin to become overwhelmed with his pure hatred, a sheer overpowering "ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR" came from the blue-eyed komainu. The room must have been dead frozen after that immense burst of power and will, waiting for the lion to give his word. ... It was finally enough to get Yoko stop sulking as well. "Akira, I understand. But we are not here to just punish Dr. Hogback. It is not our place." he then gave a toothy smile that was almost goofy looking, "We are here to save him!"

Akira looked back at his friend in tears and if he was holding onto the doctor, he would release his grip and feel great shame within himself. Ko continued, "The darkness here... the devil's influence is disgustingly overbearing in this place. It's been apparent since we arrived. There is someone behind the scenes, playing with these people's souls. We will confront Moriah, good doctor. We will stop him. We will save your eternal sprit from whatever devil is hiding in these shadows." then he gave a quick "gruff! And whether you like it or not we will return all the shadow's that you've used for your blasphemous experiments."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A Trace of Doubt
Hogback couldn't help but feel a little insulted by what his guests were implying. However, he held his tongue and allowed them to do as they wished, due an unsettling feeling he had about them. I can't help but think that these guys are scarier than anything on this island! Moria, I hope you know what you're doing, and I hope that Oars is the ace in the hole we've sorely needed!

Hogback looked blankly upwards at the ceiling, wondering what he would do with himself if he could no longer assist Moria.

-Flashback-

"Hogback-sama! My kid is dying!" said a man in his mid-thirties.

"That tells me nothing, so first off, can you pay my fee? I can't waste my time and knowledge diagnosing someone if I'm not getting paid for my work," replied a younger Hogback.

"Right, you're a genius who more than deserves it, but my family is poor, you see..."

"Poor? And you think I can afford to diagnose AND treat someone for FREE? You ignorant peasants never listen, if you can't pay, then GO AWAY!"

"How could you be so cruel?" cried a woman in her mid-thirties, who was accompanying the man.

"Cruel? All I ask is for the money I deserve for my time and expertise. If you can't respect that, it makes you entitled. E-N-T-I-T-L-E-D."

-Flashback 2-

"Hogback-sama! I'm terribly sick... *cough*..." said a man in his early twenties.

"If that's true, then stop coughing everywhere. Are you trying to get other people sick? Don't answer that, I don't care. Can you pay me?"

"All I have is my donkey..."

"Hm? And how does a donkey benefit me?"

"I don't know."

"Oh, you don't? Then GO AWAY! I DON'T HAVE TIME TO WASTE ON PEASANTS!"

-Flashbacks End-

Hogback almost continued to reminisce, but thought better of it. Those times are behind me, if I can help it. My talents are best suited to that which benefits me. If I'm not benefitting from my own goodwill, then I am exhausting myself and creating a vulnerability. No matter what happens, I will not go back into general practice, those whiny peasants always wanting me to heal them for free.

Wild and Untamed Thing

Oars reached the castle. "Hey you bullies! Leave Master Moria alone! He's a cool guy who likes to dance and sing with me!" he shouted.

Are you fucking kidding me? How am I supposed to be flattered by something like that, you giant idiot? thought Moria from inside Oars' stomach.

"Alright, I'm counting to ten, and you'd better come out, or I'm knocking this castle down!" said Oars.

WHAT? You freaking moron! thought Moria. He slipped into his own shadow and raced up Oars body until he was positioned on his shoulder. "OARS! You won't destroy anything, okay? That's my castle," said Moria in a harsh inside voice, just loud enough for Oars to hear him in his ear, but not loud enough for anyone at Oars' feet or further away to hear.

"Okay, I'm sorry Master," said Oars in a dejected tone. "OKAY!" he shouted with renewed energy. "I'm counting to ten, and if you don't show yourselves, then, I'll- uh-..." Oars was stumped for an idea of what to do. Moria offered one. "Oh okay, master. I'm counting to ten, and if you don't show yourselves then I'll sing one of Hogback's songs!"

Satisfied that Oars was doing well, Moria slipped back into his shadow and down into Oars' stomach once more. At the same time, Oars began counting to ten.

"One..."

"Two..."

Ranger

The Driven
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Hogback didn’t have a response for Kö. The beast was too keen and the bad doctor knew, just from feeling the spirit’s presence. There was naught he could do, but accept whatever fate came his way. So rather than a response he reflected upon his life. The LORD favored this. Self reflection is the way forward, after all.

"Prayer is the right path, friend."

And so, since that all was said was final, Kö stood from the table and patted the spaghetti scraps off himself. His fur beard was stained an orangey-red so he licked it a bit with his animalistic tongue (which didn’t clean it so much as make it look a bit more unruly).

Akira got up and ran over to his friend, ready to follow on the goodly path. That spaghetti was pretty good. He thought. It's too bad that it was given to us from such a crummy guy. Hmm well maybe I should say something anyway. "Thanks for the pasta." Akira mentioned turning only his neck back to side-glance at the super-surgeon and Cindry. It totally ruined the vibe that Ko was going for...

Yoko hesitated to follow them. She knew her dreams would never be achieved if she gave up now... I have to do something... and fast! She thought. I can't just leave Dr. Hogback, I've come too far!

but then, as she was about to speak, an increasingly loud rumble began to shake the spooky manor. Following it, an enormous voice roared through the castle walls. Orz.

Someone has been watching us? Ko immediately assumed as he closed his eyes, LORD, guide me with your divine light. And surrounding the beast a field of aura seeked out any nearby souls. Was Hogback somehow tipping us off to Moriah? Then he saw it! The colossal monster before them. His haki rended a vision of his soul and... another large man... INSIDE!? Ko did not know what to make of this, but it didn't matter. "He's here!" The spirit of wano pronounced to the room, "and something else."

"What!?, Who's here!?" Akira looked around.

"OBVIOUSLY OUTSIDE!" Yoko scolded the dolt as she stared in awe with her haki as well. Though the image for her was not quite as clear. Still, she could tell that the threat was far greater than anything she had ever gazed upon before.

Then Orz threatened to destroy the castle!!!

"WHAAAAAAAAAA!???" Yoko and Akira both jumped back onto one foot and coiled there access limbs in a scared and defensive possition over their vitals and privates. "grrrr BARK! BARK!" Ko was not intimidated, rather he wanted to assert his own dominance as the alpha lion-dog.

No matter what else was happening in the room now, Ko institutionally knew that it mattered not and that it was no longer time for talking, but rather time for acting. "LORD, watch over my two young friends", and so the now wild komainu dove!... Straight up through the stone ceiling!!!!!! Immediately launching a preemptive strike on the continent puller!
10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods

This technique is used to first break through a wall in order to reach the target and stop them. Kö pounces forward striking with both front legs like a two pronged spear, then after destroying the wall and reaching the targer, Kö uses his neck strength to bite-slash. If his jaws don't tear through the target he will clamp them down and slam them into the ground with his momentum.
(requires 91 strength, 91 mastery) - DPR: S (multi-hit)

The ceiling would crumble before him sending stone debris all through the dining area below. If his attack lands on the titan, due to the size of Oarz his bite will not tear through him. So then Ko will pull the continent puller down to the earth!

Level 72
72x5=360 (+105-28)
+5 Strength
+5 Speed
+5 Vitality
-4 Mind (You cannot have negative mind points)

Strength: 100 [+5]
Speed: 97
-reaction: 94
-movement: 100
Vitality: 100
Mind: 28-28
Haki: 90
-Armament: 100
-Awareness: 80
Martial Arts: 50
-Exodus: 100

Akira screams "Hey wait up!!!" And follows afterwards through the hole that the beast just created, jumping on stone rubble to help himself reach the roof where the teen will stand and take a look what is going on.

Yoko just whimpers, "hrmm hrmm hrrrmm!" with clutched fists. Right when I was so close... "DAMMIT!" she bluntly curses. I should make sure Dr. Hogoback doesn't get hurt from all this debris! So the red-headed hero sprints towards him and tries to lock elbows so that she can bring the good doctor to cover.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Rose Tint My World

Everything was coming to a head in front of the castle. Hogback had an internal freak out as the ceiling collapsed, but then he felt something pulling at him. Whaaaaa... All he could muster was utter confusion.

Oars continued his counting, but as he did so, his undead body, unable to feel pain, did not realise the dog biting into his leg and attempting to drag him down with the momentum from its leap. "Three..." he said as he lost balance on his left leg.

He bent his left knee and stopped himself from falling.

"Huh? What the hell was that? Is there a bully on my leg?"

Oars looked down at his leg, to see a dog biting down on it. If he could feel pain, he would likely be in a lot of it right now. "Huh. Well I guess I don't need to count anymore."

Oars believed he had stopped the dog's momentum, but stumbled forward a bit, once more losing his balance. He shifted his right leg forward and adjusted himself, regaining his balance.

"My, my, this dog is quite powerful. Um, big doggy, may I ask you something?"

Oars was a bit naive, but he hoped the dog would at least have the manners to indulge him.

Top Bottom