Island Toroa

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Toroa is a relatively small island in West Blue, mostly made up of one tall mountain covered in trees. Few other things grow on this rock, yet its inhabitants live happy lives, and are best known for their cheerful music. The inhabitants are even on friendly terms with the pirates who have made it their base. Though they do not hail from Toroa, the Rumbar Pirates have still made it their home, and refrain from plundering this happy little society.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yorki
[IMG]

Bounty: 200,000,000 beli
Level 40
40 x 5 = 200
Strength: 46+8=54
Speed: 42+8=50
50x2=100
-Reaction: 50
-Movement: 50
Vitality: 41+8=49
49x2=98
-Durability: 49
-Stamina: 49
Haki: 41
41x2=82
-Armament Haki: 41
-Observation Haki: 41
Martial Arts: 30
30x2=60
-Swordmanship: 60

Mizuta Madaisuki
[IMG]

Level 30
30 x 5 = 150
Strength: 40+6=46
Speed: 40+6=46
46x2=92
-Reaction:46
-Movement:46
Vitality: 40+6=46
46x2=82
-Durability:46
-Stamina:46
30x2=60
-Swordmanship: 30
-Gunslinging: 30

Mizuta Mawaritosuki
[IMG]

Level 30
30 x 5 = 150
Strength: 40+6=46
Speed: 40+6=46
46x2=92
-Reaction:46
-Movement:46
Vitality: 40+6=46
46x2=82
-Durability:46
-Stamina:46
30x2=60
-Swordmanship: 30
-Gunslinging: 30

Rumbar Pirates
Level 15
15 x 5 = 75
Strength: 20+2=22
Speed: 15+2=17
17x2=34
-Reaction:17
-Movement:17
Vitality:20+2=22
22x2=4
-Durability:22
-Stamina:22
Martial Arts: 20
20x2=40
-Swordmanship: 40

Beetle(50)
Level 5
5x2=10
Strength: 2
Speed: 2
2x2=4
-Reaction: 2
-Movement: 2
Vitality: 6
6x2=12
-Durability: 8
-Stamina: 4
Can only be fodder

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Death Note - The Mission Begins! #1

The air was sweet and gentle. The warm breeze caused the grass to rustle, echoing the peace in the village. Toroa Island. The island had enjoyed peace with the pirate on the mountain. A peace that came to the WG’s ears.

Covering his eyes with his hand, a figure overlooked the town from the mountain ridge in the East (see map)

The sun came down on the figure, revealing its statured form of twelve (12) feet. Long wild black hair rose from the figure’s head past the shoulders, comparable to his thick eyebrows. Covered in red fur but-for the chest, the figure bore a tail, wrapped around his waist. A shadow trim around bore around his eyes and over the eyelids in crimson color. A thick X scar on his left cheek. A Humandrill.

Cipher Pol Agent. The Monkey King: Sun Wukong.

The agent used his wooden pole to bring himself up and look over the gentle village. He bore a smile on his face, speaking lowly with a deep African voice.

[Sun Wukong] “Peace with pirates? How quaint and fragile.”

With a low grin, the Humandrill tightened the nomad’s backpack he held and went down the mountain. He sought to go to the small village. For reconnaissance. Sun would try blend in as a nomad hungry for food. After turning to the apple after mimicking human’s perverse proclivities, it was time to let loose.

A new mission with a singular purpose: find the 200b Beri man Yorki and bring him to Justice. Make his music fade. The last Death Note.

——————————————————
STATISTICS
STATISTICS
x 5 = 180
Race, Martial Arts

Strength: 50 (38 + 12)
Agility: 46 (35 + 6 + 5)
Movement: 51
Reaction: 41
Vitality: 46 x2 (34 + 12)
Durability: 51
Stamina: 41
Haki: 22 x2
Armaments: 22
Precognition: 22
Martial Arts: 51 x2 (42 + 9)
Rokushiki: 51
Mimicry: 51
Mind: 0 (9 - 9)

Professions:
Stealth: **
Physiology: *

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
'Thought/Internal dialogue'/First usage of a proper noun/First usage of One Piece terminology
Emphasis, Attack names
Narration, "Speech", 'You know'

It was a particularly calm morning on the island of Toroa, birds fluttered about playfully in the wind as a small group (x5) of the Rumbar Pirates paraded through town on the way to the local pub [see X], all playing various instruments and being temporarily joined in song by the commoners as they passed by.

Maybe if those amongst Toroa's cheerful masses had been more vigilant they would have noticed the massive, humanoid figure moving down the steep slopes of the far east, but instead it felt as any other carefree day for those hustling throughout the music-filled paths. As the sun reached its highest point for the day, "Calico" Yorki, stood to his feet and exited his large tent. The friendly picaroon was looking out over as much of the island he could see. he took in a big breath of the morning air.

Yorkie had been the victor of the crew's drinking contest the night before and hadn't awoken until now, but luckily he had slept off his hangover successfully. A smile stretched across his face as the sun warmed his cheeks, he was quite the fan of his new home. His crew's previous life as musical vagabonds was taking a much needed break, but not much had changed for them.
Despite their extended stay on Toroa, the Rumbar Pirates' objective hadn't changed: To bring smiles to all, especially children.

Scattered around his camp were some more of his men; some tuning instruments, some sharpening weapons, some waving and shooting jests at their now-conscious captain.
He grabbed a fairly ornate tambourine off of table sitting out in the grass.
He delicately tested the sound with his fingers before he began moving rhythmically down the pathway towards the town, carefully strutting to the music the whole way.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Death Note - Joining In! #2

The Humandrill walked down the mountains towards the houses. He had a guiding light; the music. Sun knew the Rumbar Pirates were musical, and besides their captain’s face, that was about all he knew. He was not one to blend in, but was one to use it to his advantage.

The townspeople were singing alone. They seemed happy. Happy with Pirates, Sun followed the gentle music to the bar. Cloaked in music, the large humandrill opened the door ajar. His steps thundered as he got inside. A rhythmic thumping joined in; it was Sun Wukong’s tail thumping along with the music.

[Sun Wukong] “Hohohoho! Music and sake! What a life!”
Sun Wukong flashed a smile and spoke heartily. A mask, surely, but one well worn. Sun approached the bar and the musicians, still thumping his tail along to the music. Reconnaissance came first.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The inside of the bar was even merrier than in the streets, music poured from the building like a thick gas. The music was highlighted by the laughter and cheers going around the different tables.
His steps thundered as he got inside. A rhythmic thumping joined in; it was Sun Wukong’s tail thumping along with the music.

[Sun Wukong] “Hohohoho! Music and sake! What a life!”
Those closest to the doors began to bounce in their stools, heads began to turn towards the hulking figure. A pirate holding a trumpet and a bottle of booze looked up to the figure and nodded in agreement.
"That's the spirit friend!" He shouted in response.

The barkeep, an older man with a short beard looked the humandrill up and down.
"You're a new face." He said while wiping down the counter with a cloth rag. The man was rightfully suspicious of the cipher pol agent but his train of thought was interrupted by the same pirate with the trumpet.

"A new face? Drinks are on me, stranger!" He said loudly with a laugh patting the freshly wiped bar-top.
A shorter pirate with a thin blond goatee approached Sun and attempted to pat him on his lower back towards the bar in a friendly manner.
"Take a load off, traveler."

"Sake for our new friend!"

All the while the music carried on, every so often losing rhythm, but always finding its way back on track; the melody carried into the singing in the streets and all the way to Yorki who was beginning to near the entrance of the town. He matched the music with the tambourine in his hand, while humming along as he ventured further into his usual route.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Death Note - Reconnoissance #3

Greeted with drinks and music, Sun flashed a smile and continued thumping his tail. He took a drink and raised it up. Though he would not allow the pirate to pat him on his back, Sun did make his way of the bar.

[Sun Wukong] “Well, then! Thanks! Next two are on me, then!”
Sun reached into his pants and pulled out golden coins. It would be more than enough to cover the next few rounds. The Humandrill leaned back and turned towards the musicians. Sun would begin sunging along. Amazingly, he was on rythym. as a Humandrill, mimicking rhythm and actions was literally second nature,

Sun gently turned towards the bartender and spoke With an inquiry disguised as mere curiosit.

[Sun Wukong] “Chuhuhuhu! What are we celebrating?”

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
[Sun Wukong] “Chuhuhuhu! What are we celebrating?”
The bartender set down a small ceramic vessel holding fine sake on the bar in front of Sun Wukong, as well a small ceramic cup. He emptied out a bit of the alcohol into the cup but left the bottle on the counter.
"Every day in Toroa is a celebration." He said with an age-lined smiled. In response to the man, a few bar patrons cheered and threw their drinks together with glee.

"So, friend...I don't believe we've properly met."
The man who first greeted the cipher pol agent said while setting a bottle of rum onto the counter. "My name is Louis." He said with a smile, revealing a missing canine tooth. "What's yours?"

Steadily, the captain of the Rumbar Pirates moved ever closer to the small pub at the edge of the town; only occasionally stopping to bring laughter to the townsfolk. Leaving the pirate's camp, behind Yorki by a great distance now, were the Mizuta twins. The pirates tended to wake up at different times and due to their mellow lifestyle they were fairly lackadaisical about the whole process of guarding their camp.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Death Note - Reconnoissance #4

Greeted with drinks and music, Sun flashed a smile and continued thumping his tail. He took a drink and raised it up. Though he would not allow the pirate to pat him on his back, Sun did make his way of the bar.

[Sun Wukong] “Name is Rafiki, friend! A traveling doctor helping out villages in need. And thank god I found you guys, I was about to pass out of thirst!
Sun said the same and drank the drink in front of him. He appeared, or acted, parched. Being a traveling doctor would explain the bag he had with him. Rafiki drank to gain the trust of the people. He took a calculated risk. Good thing nobody mentioned the fact he was a monkey. Rafiki would speak again.

[Sun Wukong] “Chuhuhuhu! Another one!”
[Sun Wukong] “Ya know, I was told Pirates took hold of the island. So I came here to see if anybody needed medical attentio. But I find the most joyous village I’ve seen in months! Guess you don’t need any help!”

Sun Wukong gave a reason to steer the conversation to the Pirates. He waited for the man to give information on them. With a fake smile, Rafiki clapped along with the music.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
[Sun Wukong] “Name is Rafiki, friend! A traveling doctor helping out villages in need. And thank god I found you guys, I was about to pass out of thirst!
Louis bowed respectfully to the phony doctor. "Nice to meet'cha doctor." He said in his usual loud tone. As he came up from his bow he reached for his trumpet and turned to his crewmates.
[Sun Wukong] “Chuhuhuhu! Another one!”
[Sun Wukong] “Ya know, I was told Pirates took hold of the island. So I came here to see if anybody needed medical attentio. But I find the most joyous village I’ve seen in months! Guess you don’t need any help!”
The bartender nodded while pouring out a bit more of the sake into the monkey man's ceramic cup.
"You've heard wrong friend." He remarked while turning the bottle back up right. "The Rumbar Pirates are merely guests on our island. It is the village elder who holds control of Toroa."
"These lads only seem to want to spread positivity...And good money." He said with a hearty laugh and a knowing wink towards Rafiki.

"Well boys, let's change the tune!" Louis said to his crewmates.

"-Don't you dare, we haven't even made it back to the best part yet!" Boomed a familiar and friendly voice for the pirates.
Entering the bar was the infamous Captain "Calico" Yorki. He pointed his tambourine-wielding hand out towards Louis as he spoke.

And so, once more the band picked up with another rendition of Bink's Brew Sake.
The captain of the Rumbar Pirates approached the bar and began to take a seat right by the humandrill.
He looked from the bartender to the large new monkey-man.

"Oh." He said. "Are...you a monkey?" He asked Rafiki over the booming band and singing tavern patrons.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Death Note - Rumbar Pirates #5

A smile and a nod here and there and Sun listened to the island’s story. The elders held control - the Pirates were mere guests. But for how long? How long until another brings them ruin? Sun had a mission. A mission that walked through the door.

Whether luck or otherwise, Yorki walked in - Captain of the Rumbar Pirates. Those golden locks and face tattoos were unmistakable from the wanted poster. The monkey’s hair stood on end as the captain approached.

Bink’s Sake filled the air, and thumping his tail, Sun kept the farce. He only turned to Yorki when the man addressed him.

[Sun Wukong] “A monkey? Sure am! Don’t worry - it’s a normal reaction. Chuhuhuhuhu!
[Sun Wukong] “Name is Rafiki, nice to meet you! Traveling doctor. Say, you seem to be with these wonderful lads. Anybody in need of medical attention? You know, I can cure even the meanest hangover! Chuhuhuhu!
It didn’t take a genius to figure out these Pirates liked their rum. Yorki breath reeked of alcohol on the lips for days past. With Yorki commanding the Pirates to keep singing that particular song, it was a easy conclusion he was part of them, and somewhat of command. Rafiki used these to keep the farce.

If he could get closer to Yorki. If he could get him alone, he could finish his mission. He wished not to attack a man of 200m Beri in a tight bar surrounded by most of his crew - it’d be suicide. This needed tact. And tact he went for, as Rafiki downed another drink.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
[Sun Wukong] “A monkey? Sure am! Don’t worry - it’s a normal reaction. Chuhuhuhuhu!
The tattooed face of Captain Yorki cracked into a cheery smile. The large monkey man seemed to have been getting along with his friends.
[Sun Wukong] “Name is Rafiki, nice to meet you! Traveling doctor. Say, you seem to be with these wonderful lads. Anybody in need of medical attention? You know, I can cure even the meanest hangover! Chuhuhuhu!
The captain seemed like he was about to interject when the promise of a hangover cure caught his ear. His eyes widened a bit, a mixture of doubt and amazement in his eyes.
"A cure for hangovers, no fooling?" Yorki asked with a chuckle. The bartender, listening to the conversation joined in.

"There's no cure strong enough for my poisons!" He asserted somewhat jovially while pouring himself a small glass of booze. Yorki, however, seemed hooked on the stranger's words.
Yorki was to have a drink off against the Mizuta twins when they arrived at the bar, getting rid of his hangover would surely give him an advantage. He chuckled deviously as his somewhat frazzled brain began to formulate a piratey plan to best his buddies.

"How fast is this hangover cure, Doc?" The wanted pirate captain asked hopefully, balling his hands into fists like an excited child.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Death Note - Rumbar Pirates #6

Sun drinker and sang. He stopped in shot bursts to speak with Yorki - his target. In the middle of a bar with his crew, he could not attack. He needed tact. Spurring the conversation of hangovers, Sun promised a cure,

[Sun Wukong] “Two hours of taking the Bloody Humandrill Elixir and you’ll feel best to tackle a whole new barrel of sake!”
[Sun Wukong] “Of course, it’ll only work if you have enough enzymes in your liver from being are a heavy drinker! But you don’t strike me as a lightweight, lad! Chuhuhuhu!”
Sun raised his cup and downed his drink. His way of trying to gave the man gain confidence with him. One who sang. One who drank. One who laughed. Sun began singing again - Bink’s sake was a song he knew well, he often blended in with Pirates.

Sun stood up and joined the group who was using their instruments. Sun used his tail to keep the beat. He had left Yorki behind. He did not want to seem eager and blow his cover. Instead, he dangled a promised and then acted disinterested, leaving Yorki at the bar with his thoughts. Reverse psychology.

[Sun Wukong] “Hand me an instrument, boyos!”

If they did, Sun would play it perfectly if there was another instrument in the room. His powers of mimicry were rare, even amongst Humandrill. If they gave him a guitar, for example, and another was playing a guitar, Sun mimicked him to perfection, keeping the beat.

He was no ordinary doctor. A muscled music oriented doctor with the cure for hangover - it must have seemed to be a dream for the Rumbar Pirates.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
edit: accidentally pre-posted :catsdank:

[Sun Wukong] “Hand me an instrument, boyos!”
While most of the pirates kept in rhythm of the song, Louis reached over to a nearby table and picked up a tambourine.
"I don't think Big Blue will mind!" Louis blurted out refencing the enormous man sitting at the table, he seemed to be one of the scarier members of the pirate crew; but as of now, midday, he was already unconscious in a puddle of sticky booze.
Many in the tavern were keeping the song's beat going with their hands or feet, giving Sun ample opportunity to use his mimicking powers to their fullest.

The pirate captain seemed still more focused on the hangover cure but now joined back into song with the use of his fingers on the counter. "Barkeep, could I get some breakfast before the twins get here?" He asked to the nodding man. The barkeep stepped out from behind the counter and headed over towards a door eastern wall.

Tavern "map": front entrance - northern side, presumed kitchen - eastern side behind a door, more tables - western side, bar counter - southern side

The bar was noticeably left unattended but no creeping hands seemed to find their way towards the pub's till. It seemed as though there was a great degree of trust amongst the community, including the Rumbar Pirates.
Yorki looked back at the humandrill playing along with his band of pirates.
"Doc, there's no harm in trying out that medicine is there?" He asked half-jokingly. "No negative effects if I mix it with booze?"

The smell of cooking meats was already beginning to pervade the air, most notable of the smells being some sweet sausages.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Death Note - Rumbar Pirates #10

Music swelled and Sun kept the beat. He had separated from Yorki, hoping to entice him with his aloof nature and promise of a hangover cure. Things got more troiblesome when Yorki asked about the hangover cure. In truth, Sun had none, only the normal Bloody Mary, yet he needed to keep the farce for now. The battle of wits continued,

Sun finished his song, gave his instrument back, and bowed. He hoped his skills in music and in alleged medicine would entice the Rumbar Pirates to consider him a possible member - get as close as he could. Sun went back to the bar, drawn by the smell of sausages.

Sun sat down and downed the last of the drink he once had. Sun knew he had to stop drinking soon or else it’s affect his battle prowess. He turned to Yorki.

[Sun Wukong] “Well! My boy! There are two cures for hangovers.”
[Sun Wukong] “The first is my favorite: don’t stop drinking! Keep postponing the crash! I’ll drink to that! Chuhuhuhu!”
Sun laughed uproariously. Truly, it was a pirate’s answer. An answer a Rumbar Pirate would give. Sun’s skills in mimicking did not stop at techniques, but in mannerisms and speech as well. He picked up the Rumbar’s very essence quickly.

Sun continued with his explanation.
[Sun Wukong] “The second is to extract the yeast and sugar from your body through enzymes. A complicated mixture made from the exact alcohol you drank by reversing its acidity. The only side effect is you’ll puke your guts out! But if you beat it, you’ll be good as new! Ready for another round.”
Sun spoke confidently. He had a normal working knowledge of chemistry, but nothing more. He hoped his fancy “explanation” would give his words credence.

[Sun Wukong] “If you’d like to try it, take me to your worst! I’ll only ask for another day of humbling intruding in your festivities. What do you say? Lead the way!”
Sun smiled. Hoping to draw Yorki from the crowd. The worst, he presumed, would be passed out and unable to move and be part of this party.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Jason Bourne #1

Amidst the endless ocean waves of the vast West Blue lies a hidden gem: Toroa, a picturesque island dominated by a towering mountain, its peak forever shrouded in mist. Beneath its lush green canopy, this tiny haven harbors a vibrant community that cherishes life's simple pleasures.
Join us on a unique journey into the heart of Toroan life. Immerse yourself in the melodious music that echoes through the dense foliage and explore the enigmatic camaraderie between the islanders and their unexpected residents: the notorious Rumbar Pirates. Despite their fearsome reputation, these pirates have found an unlikely sanctuary in Toroa's embrace, forging an extraordinary bond with the islanders.
Uncover the secrets behind Toroa's blissful existence, where happiness thrives in the face of adversity. Delve into the harmonious relationship between the inhabitants and their unusual pirate neighbors and discover the untold stories of friendship and understanding that have transformed this unassuming island into a haven of peace.
Prepare to embark on an enchanting journey filled with music, camaraderie, and the spirit of unity. Welcome to Toroa, where harmony thrives even in the shadows.

@Larsi

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Toroa Incursion #1 @God_Usopun

A long time had passed since the Cipher Pol agent Sun Wukong had infiltrated Toroa in search of information on the pirates that had taken up base here. Having decided against taking out the threat of the criminals at that moment, the humandrill agent had instead left behind a skeleton crew to keep an eye on their movements and report back to HQ. Now, after silence from the lower ranked agents stationed here had dragged on, the upper brass in Cipher Pol decided it was time to once more investigate on hand.

And so it was that Jason found himself on a ship commissioned by his superiors, sailing across the blue seas towards a new target. He was glad that this time he was not meant to deal with a rebellion, the incident in Raddo had taken a toll on him mentally. Juliet and Darr still were distant, only speaking to him when he gave them orders. It was just as well, he would prefer to not get close to them, it would just complicate things even more.

Yes, grandma. Jason said, whispering into the receiver of his den den mushi. He was in his cabin, hidden away for the last moments before the ship would reach the harbor. I am still feeling down, but it has taken a left turn.

The words felt strange to him today, especially as it was clearly a lie. Yet it could be excused as him lying to his grandma, surely she wouldn’t want to hear of such horrific actions he had performed.

That is good, how long has it been like this? The calming voice at the other end of the line said.

Uh, let me see… Jason moved some papers until he found what he was looking for. Nine days, it seems. Just simple stuff, easily remedied.

Ah.
The voice said, pausing for a moment before continuing. Yes, that is good. Good luck on your ventures, young man. I hope to hear back from you soon!

Yeah, talk later. Jason mumbled, replacing the receiver.

Minutes later he stepped out onto the deck of the ship, joined by Juliet and Darr. All three of them wore rich garments, looking like rich businessmen. Easy targets for criminals, none of them sported any visible weapons. They were after all living weapons unto themselves. In silence they stood and watched the island of Toroa grow in the distance.

Stats:
50x5=250
Racial Boosts
Rokushiki Boosts
Martial Arts Boosts

Strength: 55 +10 =65
Speed: 65 +10 =75
75 x 2 =150
Reaction: 75 (+12 =87)​
Movement: 75 (+12 =87)​
Vitality: 65 +10 =75
75 x 2 =150
Stamina: 75
Durability: 75 (+12 =87)​
Haki: 24 +15 = 39
39 x 2 =78
Armament(Offensive): 41
Observation(Awareness): 37
Martial Arts: 41
41 x 2 =82
Rokushiki: 75

Juliet
Level 35
35x5=175
Racial Boosts
Rokushiki Boosts
Martial Arts Boosts

Strength: 42 +6 +5 =53
Speed: 49 +6 =55
55 x 2 =110
Reaction: 55
Movement: 55 (+8 =63)​
Vitality: 49 +6 =55
55 x 2 =110
Stamina: 55
Durability: 55 (+8 =63)​
Martial Arts: 35 +9 = 41
41 x 2 =82
Rokushiki: 41
Gunslinging: 41

Darr
Level 35
35x5=175
Racial Boosts
Rokushiki Boosts
Martial Arts Boosts

Strength: 42 +6 +5 =53
Speed: 49 +6 =55
55 x 2 =110
Reaction: 55
Movement: 55 (+8 =63)​
Vitality: 49 +6 =55
55 x 2 =110
Stamina: 55
Durability: 55 (+8 =63)​
Martial Arts: 35 +9 = 41
41 x 2 =82
Rokushiki: 41
Gunslinging: 41

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Toroa Incursion #2

As the sun dipped towards the horizon, casting its warm glow over the serene island of Toroa, a palpable anticipation hung in the air. The usually tranquil atmosphere was subtly charged with an unspoken awareness of the approaching trio, their well-dressed attire marking them as outsiders. However, Toroa, with its close-knit community and welcoming spirit, held its breath, waiting for whatever fate the future might bring.

The islanders, accustomed to the occasional arrival of ships and visitors, exchanged curious glances as the newcomers made their way through the village streets. The Rumbar Pirates, known for their cheerful tunes and friendly demeanor, continued their lively performance at the local pub, their music spilling out into the night, mingling with the chatter and laughter of the crowd. Beneath the surface of the festive atmosphere, however, there was an underlying sense of vigilance, a cautious acknowledgment that their peaceful existence might face challenges.

In the heart of the village, the wise elder, his eyes reflecting years of experience, spoke solemnly to his fellow islanders. "We cannot assume all who come are friendly. We must be vigilant and protect our way of life." His words echoed through the gathering, a reminder of the delicate balance between welcoming newcomers and safeguarding their sanctuary.
At the pub, Yorki, the charismatic Captain of the Rumbar Pirates, raised his tambourine high, leading the crowd in a spirited song. "Let us celebrate tonight, my friends! No matter who comes our way, Toroa will stand strong!" His voice, filled with unwavering optimism, served as a beacon of hope amidst the subtle tension.

One of the villagers, emboldened by Yorki's spirit, said, "You are right, Captain! We have weathered storms before. We will face whatever comes with the same courage!" Her voice, echoing through the pub, carried with it a determination that mirrored the spirit of Toroa – a spirit that, while welcoming to all, was fiercely protective of its peaceful way of life.

@Larsi

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Toroa Incursion #2 @God_Usopun

Jason walked down the plank from the deck onto the dock soon after the ship was secure. His right arm was wrapped around Juliet’s left, giving the appearance of helping the lady down safely. She was playing her part nicely, even pretending to trip once when they were half way down. Letting out a yelp, she allowed herself to be pulled back by Jason. Yet she didn’t speak to him, not about anything of value at least.

Behind them he could hear Darr, talking with the captain of the ship. He was doing what he did best, talking and making a big show out of it, something he was still happy to do as long as it wasn’t Jason he was talking to.

The sound of Darr’s voice as he spent several minutes giving directions for where he wanted their luggage taken turned into pure noise in the distance to Jason and Juliet. They began walking towards solid ground, away from the wood that creaked beneath their feet with every step.

Both looked around them, pretending to be sightseeing, but in reality scouting their surroundings and seeing what type of people loitered around the port. Neither one of them had noticed anything out of the ordinary by the time Darr caught up with them at their leisurely pace.

I think I am feeling a drink, what say you? Jason said, knowing neither of the other two wanted to initiate. Both still played their part well, Juliet huffing at the folly while Darr nodded approvingly.

Yes, I concur. All that sailing has me feeling parched. Darr responded, raising his arm to point towards a sign a little inside the village. That looks like a bar.

I think the right word is a pub. It will do. Jason smiled, turning towards the building, then whispered only so loud the other two could hear. Time to catch some attention.

The three of them approached the pub, dressed in their finery, hoping to draw the attention of the pirates or to find out what had happened to the other agents.

Top Bottom