General What are your top 5 favorite anime and/or manga characters?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hi, everyone. What are your top 5 favorite anime and/or manga character? Please specifed if manga anime or both and the name of the manga/anime

Mine are:

1) Sesshomaru from Inuyasha (Both, only watch the anime)

2) Himura Kenshin aka Hitokiri Battousai from Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X (Both anime and Manga)

3) Meruem HXH (2011) (Both, I only watched the anime)

4) Amira form Shingeki no Bahamut (Anime only)

5) Hina from Himatsuri (Both, Only watched the anime)

What is yours?​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
1) Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
2) Sanji (One Piece pre-TS)
3) Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)
4) James "Jim" Hawking (Outlaw Star)
5) Haruhara Haruko (FLCL)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
1) Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho)
2) Sanji (One Piece pre-TS)
3) Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)
4) James "Jim" Hawking (Outlaw Star)
5) Haruhara Haruko (FLCL)
Yusuke is my phantom six man

Roy Mustang is nice really liked his character too.

FLCL is an amaizing anime and Haruko is amaizing too. Too bad the "Sequel" didn't grab my attention...

What happened to Saji after ts?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Like Kurama, pre-TS he was the calm calculating type. Mr. Prince in Alabasta and Enies Lobby he saved the crew from annihilation and IMO was MVP over Luffy.

Post-TS he became a two dimensional love cook. He nearly died from nosebleeds....

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Like Kurama, pre-TS he was the calm calculating type. Mr. Prince in Alabasta and Enies Lobby he saved the crew from annihilation and IMO was MVP over Luffy.

Post-TS he became a two dimensional love cook. He nearly died from nosebleeds....
I see what you said that is definitely true.... Hahahaha he is not smart cunning type not anymore. Miss the old Sanji

Chris Mic

Enjoy Vertigo!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Very difficult for me to choose, so I will simply list my favorite character from my 5 favorite series. PREPARE TO FUCKING READ

#1 - Charlotte Katakuri, One Piece

Simply the GOAT. Dude literally taught me a life lesson through his fight with Luffy that I couldn't have possibly thought One Piece could still do to me at 17-18 years old. Katakuri shows that Oda still cares and that OP is still an immortal series, he is Oda's greatest creation post timeskip for reasons I could write an essay about (I almost did for OJ actually). He went from one of my least favorite characters in the series to my favorite in less than 30 chapters. I even went so far as to buy a figure of him and I havent' done that since Trafalgar Law in 2014! #Katacutie

#2 - Griffith, Berserk

Possibly my favorite antagonist of all time, a man with such depth, so many legendary defining traits, he's the perfect D&D roll. He rolled 20 in intellect, dexterity, strength, constitution, wisdom and got a 20+5 modifier on charisma. As much of a piece of shit he is, he is THE best piece of shit to be your series' main villain. The man who dreamed. The man who became king. The being who became a god. The white falcon. Famous author Kafka said that the world is an egg. To be born, one must first destroy a world. And so, Griffith was born. #FuckGriffith

#3 - Jotaro Kujo, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Part 3 Signature.png

Started out as my 2nd least favorite JoJo. At first, he seems like just a one-liner machine that wins cause he has the ability to punch real good. Real developement in his character can be distinctly noticed only in Parts 4 and 6. Soon though, I looked deeper into him and saw so much more. He is the face of JoJo, an icon, but he is a complex person who tries to live between his hero status and as a normal man. Badass cool but also maturely deep and real? My kind of guy. He's not even the best written character in JoJo (that'd be Johnny)... but he's my fave. #ORA!

#4 - Reigen Arataka, Mob Psycho 100

Reigen is just a guy. He has no powers or anything. But at the same time, he kinda does. He's an adult, living his dream while also struggling with the reality of society, believing he's a person who knows how the world works, using his knowledge to get ahead. He may be a scammer, but he scams people into bettering their lives, those dumb enough to come to him for help. And his friendship with Mob? His developement, realization of his own flaws, may be one of the best arcs ever. He's just... a good person. Watch Mob Psycho 100. #SaltSplash

#5 - Kyoka Jiro, My Hero Academia
US_Volume_19.png

I love music and music-oriented characters. So this is no surprise. Jiro is nowhere NEAR the best written character in MHA. She is not even that plot relevant. But she's absolutely amazing. Just a normal, real teenage girl with a talent for music. She gets into hero work to save others, but also to artistically express herself. She has fun with her classmates, picks on them, supports them, is shy but honest, empathetic and her love for music goes with her heorism. Because when playing music... musicians become heroes too. Just lovable. Music rules. #EarphoneJack

And... that was all! Sorry you had to read, I limited myself to 4 lines per character because I can seriously talk about my faves for hours. But yeah, I guess this is my top 5!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
1. Kanade takustki from Asura cryin
2. Hiei from YYH
3. Killua from H x H
4. Trafalgar Law obvs
5. Yusuke from YYH

Honestly this was hard to only pick 5 and they're in no particular order. I'm also definitely missing some since I cant think if every anime and character I've ever seen
[automerge]1568136216[/automerge]
Tiki Mik from D. Gray man

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It's very hard to decide any 5 , I've forgot many good characters....
1 : Trafalgar Law (One Piece) : He is cool and very rational. He is the ideal character I want any main character should be. I like his character design and top of that his cool DF power. Dude also have submarine as pirate ship ,which is cool !!

2 : Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) : To be honest I haven't watch full anime yet but still instantly got connected with him. He is cool .

3 : Rintarou Okabe (Stein's;Gate) : I like mature main characters , he is one of them. Loved the series , and specially love him.

4 : Kyoukai and Yo Tan Wa (Kingdom) : They are lotus in mud . Enough !! Deadly beautiful ladies...

5 : Yamada Ryu (Yamada Kun and the 7 witches) : The only series I've read multiple times. Love all characters . Adding him in this list to as represent all characters of the series

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Very difficult for me to choose, so I will simply list my favorite character from my 5 favorite series. PREPARE TO FUCKING READ

#1 - Charlotte Katakuri, One Piece

Simply the GOAT. Dude literally taught me a life lesson through his fight with Luffy that I couldn't have possibly thought One Piece could still do to me at 17-18 years old. Katakuri shows that Oda still cares and that OP is still an immortal series, he is Oda's greatest creation post timeskip for reasons I could write an essay about (I almost did for OJ actually). He went from one of my least favorite characters in the series to my favorite in less than 30 chapters. I even went so far as to buy a figure of him and I havent' done that since Trafalgar Law in 2014! #Katacutie

#2 - Griffith, Berserk

Possibly my favorite antagonist of all time, a man with such depth, so many legendary defining traits, he's the perfect D&D roll. He rolled 20 in intellect, dexterity, strength, constitution, wisdom and got a 20+5 modifier on charisma. As much of a piece of shit he is, he is THE best piece of shit to be your series' main villain. The man who dreamed. The man who became king. The being who became a god. The white falcon. Famous author Kafka said that the world is an egg. To be born, one must first destroy a world. And so, Griffith was born. #FuckGriffith

#3 - Jotaro Kujo, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
View attachment 437

Started out as my 2nd least favorite JoJo. At first, he seems like just a one-liner machine that wins cause he has the ability to punch real good. Real developement in his character can be distinctly noticed only in Parts 4 and 6. Soon though, I looked deeper into him and saw so much more. He is the face of JoJo, an icon, but he is a complex person who tries to live between his hero status and as a normal man. Badass cool but also maturely deep and real? My kind of guy. He's not even the best written character in JoJo (that'd be Johnny)... but he's my fave. #ORA!

#4 - Reigen Arataka, Mob Psycho 100

Reigen is just a guy. He has no powers or anything. But at the same time, he kinda does. He's an adult, living his dream while also struggling with the reality of society, believing he's a person who knows how the world works, using his knowledge to get ahead. He may be a scammer, but he scams people into bettering their lives, those dumb enough to come to him for help. And his friendship with Mob? His developement, realization of his own flaws, may be one of the best arcs ever. He's just... a good person. Watch Mob Psycho 100. #SaltSplash

#5 - Kyoka Jiro, My Hero Academia
View attachment 438

I love music and music-oriented characters. So this is no surprise. Jiro is nowhere NEAR the best written character in MHA. She is not even that plot relevant. But she's absolutely amazing. Just a normal, real teenage girl with a talent for music. She gets into hero work to save others, but also to artistically express herself. She has fun with her classmates, picks on them, supports them, is shy but honest, empathetic and her love for music goes with her heorism. Because when playing music... musicians become heroes too. Just lovable. Music rules. #EarphoneJack

And... that was all! Sorry you had to read, I limited myself to 4 lines per character because I can seriously talk about my faves for hours. But yeah, I guess this is my top 5!
Hahaha you top 5 are amaizing all definitely good characters. Specially Griffith-sama he gots nothing on my Meruem tho...

Looking forward to that Katakuri essay!:lazydance:
[automerge]1568137806[/automerge]
It's very hard to decide any 5 , I've forgot many good characters....
1 : Trafalgar Law (One Piece) : He is cool and very rational. He is the ideal character I want any main character should be. I like his character design and top of that his cool DF power. Dude also have submarine as pirate ship ,which is cool !!

2 : Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop) : To be honest I haven't watch full anime yet but still instantly got connected with him. He is cool .

3 : Rintarou Okabe (Stein's;Gate) : I like mature main characters , he is one of them. Loved the series , and specially love him.

4 : Kyoukai and Yo Tan Wa (Kingdom) : They are lotus in mud . Enough !! Deadly beautiful ladies...

5 : Yamada Ryu (Yamada Kun and the 7 witches) : The only series I've read multiple times. Love all characters . Adding him in this list to as represent all characters of the series
Spike Spiegel should be on this list !!! Number 4 actually but I had to balance and put some girls in there..!!! :ghostie: He is really amaizing!!

I loved Stein;s gate and pretty love every character in that series...
[automerge]1568138006[/automerge]
1. Kanade takustki from Asura cryin
2. Hiei from YYH
3. Killua from H x H
4. Trafalgar Law obvs
5. Yusuke from YYH

Honestly this was hard to only pick 5 and they're in no particular order. I'm also definitely missing some since I cant think if every anime and character I've ever seen
[automerge]1568136216[/automerge]
Tiki Mik from D. Gray man
It as hard for me to pick as well!! And I change my mind a lot too!!!

Asura crying never seen it... is it good?

Yusuke would be my six phantom man. I see there strong YY @Haku sho fans in this forum

Hiei is amazing too. Kilua is cool took but I like more the villains of HxH!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hi, everyone. What are your top 5 favorite anime and/or manga character? Please specifed if manga anime or both and the name of the manga/anime

Mine are:

1) Sesshomaru from Inuyasha (Both, only watch the anime)

2) Himura Kenshin aka Hitokiri Battousai from Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X (Both anime and Manga)

3) Meruem HXH (2011) (Both, I only watched the anime)

4) Amira form Shingeki no Bahamut (Anime only)

5) Hina from Himatsuri (Both, Only watched the anime)

What is yours?​
Don't know anyone except Meruem ! Chimera Ant arc is one of my favourite anime arc.
[automerge]1568140028[/automerge]
Griffith, Berserk
He is one of the best well written manga antagonist. You can only hate him tho.
I'm not saint enough to add him any favourite list (except hated character) which is kind of a compliment...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Don't know anyone except Meruem ! Chimera Ant arc is one of my favourite anime arc.
Man!! If you want a good laugh you have to watch Hinamatsuri. If you want a dope adventure you need to watch Inuyasha and Shingeki no Bahamut, if you want to watch some good down to earth historical-action packed-adventure you have to watch Rurouni Kenshin!!! Go watch them now!! Is an order soldier !:catainu:

And yes Chimera Ant Arc was amazing!!!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hahaha you top 5 are amaizing all definitely good characters. Specially Griffith-sama he gots nothing on my Meruem tho...

Looking forward to that Katakuri essay!:lazydance:
[automerge]1568137806[/automerge]

Spike Spiegel should be on this list !!! Number 4 actually but I had to balance and put some girls in there..!!! :ghostie: He is really amaizing!!

I loved Stein;s gate and pretty love every character in that series...
[automerge]1568138006[/automerge]

It as hard for me to pick as well!! And I change my mind a lot too!!!

Asura crying never seen it... is it good?
It's my favorite 2 season anime of all time! Highly recommend if you like sci fi comedy and plot twist

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
1. Evil Loli (Youjo Senki: Saga of Tanya Von Degurechaff)
2. The Pirate only existing deity: God Usopp (One piece)
3. The absolute mastermind Demiurge (Overlord)
4. The most powerful Teacher Jiraya sensei (Naruto)
5. The Urban Legend Ryo Saeba (City Hunter)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
1. Goku (DBz)
2. Zoro (One piece)
3. Alucard (Hellsing)
4. Itachi (Naruto)
5. Garou (One punch man)

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy (One Piece)
Oreki Houtarou (Hyouka)
Zoro (One Piece)
Light Yagami (Death Note)
ken kaneki (Tokyo Ghoul)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Naruto
Luffy
Gintoki(gintama)
Kazuma(kono suba)
Captain Yami(Black Clover)

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Emma (The Promised Neverland)
Maka Albarn (Soul Eater)
Perona (One Piece)
Megumin (Konosuba)
Mikasa Ackermann (Attack on Titan)

no order

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
1) Bearded Kenshiro
2) Falco (From Fist of the North Star 2)
3) Coby
4) Everyone in Konosuba
5) Doflamingo (Yes I know he's evil af but he is just such a well designed villain)

Top Bottom