[FIN] Traditional Mafia Double Dethy(Filler Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I get what you comming from. IMO onwards we shouldnt be so open about invest results. Mafia prolly bets on it so they can bullshit their way among us.

Keep your results and claim only if nessecary
Um, no. We all go public with our results every single day. This is a dethy and we die as Cops without the modifier showing

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Until then for all i care we are all vanilla.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah I really don't think hiding results is the best way to go here. Flips don't reveal the modifiers as Odd said so the only way to reduce it down is to have a pool of investigations with hopefully on some that are later confirmed town or scum. We have at least 3 nights worth of investigations so it should be fairly doable.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yes, all invests on the table everyday
[automerge]1595957022[/automerge]
Yes, all invests on the table everyday
[automerge]1595957085[/automerge]
You guys really wanna throw all results in? Doesn't it help mafia to know who is which cop?
I mean we can talk about our targets and investigate them throughout the day, but is revealing the result really good?

My target was oddodd.
What was your result on me?

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Mafia doesnt need to know who they killed bcs they can determine it way early than we can.

By giving mafia info every day you just narrow it down for them who is who instead of leaving them in the dark

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Mafia doesnt need to know who they killed bcs they can determine it way early than we can.

By giving mafia info every day you just narrow it down for them who is who instead of leaving them in the dark
No, we are giving town info everyday and nobody dies with untold information. You really have this whole thing backwards

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Player NameNight 0Night 1Night 2Night 3
@Salah Eddine????????????
@Rej oddoddfruit - ????????????
@joby????????????
@Gambit RAIL_GUN - "Guilty"?????????
@Hayumi????????????
@oddoddfruit RAIL_GUN - "Innocent"?????????
@Samael????????????
@BekyFallen Prince - "Innocent"?????????
@Fallen Prince????????????
@RAIL_GUNBeky - "Innocent"?????????
@Shion????????????

BBCODE for this is just:

Code:
[NOPARSE]
[TABLE]
[TR][TH]Player Name[/TH][TH]Night 0[/TH][TH]Night 1[/TH][TH]Night 2[/TH][TH]Night 3[/TH][/TR]
[TR][TD]@Salah Eddine[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]@Rej [/TD][TD]oddoddfruit - ???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]@joby[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]@Gambit [/TD][TD]RAIL_GUN - "Guilty"[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]@Hayumi[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]@oddoddfruit [/TD][TD]RAIL_GUN - "Innocent"[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]@Samael[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]@Beky[/TD][TD]Fallen Prince - "Innocent"[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]@Fallen Prince[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]@RAIL_GUN[/TD][TD]Beky - "Innocent"[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD]@Shion[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][TD]???[/TD][/TR]
[/TABLE] 
[/NOPARSE]
I don't mind keeping it up to date, but if someone else wants to do it that's fine too. I think this is the cleanest way of presenting it all.
[automerge]1595958132[/automerge]
@Beky I understand your thought process. By hiding our investigations we can preserve the Sane/Insane cops to solve the game from there. But the problem is, without results being public it gets very hard to eliminate Naive/Paranoid from the possibilities. And given that scum also need to fake results if we force everyone to claim them,they can't just focus on those likely to be sane/insane, becase they'll need to kill Naive/Paranoid too to allow their results to blend in.
[automerge]1595958478[/automerge]
Ah, ignore the [NOPARSE] tags. I'm more used to vbullitin, which usually uses that to stop BBcode from parsing, but it looks like [PLAIN] is used here, and [CODE] doesn't seem to parse BBcode either. The more you know. Just copy from the [TABLE] tag to the [/TABLE] tag.
[automerge]1595958545[/automerge]
For the record, I didn't edit my post (I think?), I assume the double post merging added that watermark?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It's pointless to hide Results, what are we gonna do? Sing Kumbaya?
Reading Players is also our last & least thing we can use
We only need Facts & Info

Confirming Townies is literally Impossible except from each Townie's Perspective ofc but can't help much since you can't prove yourself to others in the first Place, at best we will have each Player trusting someone else but unable to make others follow him

What should be our Goal is catching Scum when they lie, not confirming Cops
Today we all reveal our Targets & Results, we then decide on a Player & i want all Players to target him/her next NP
So that next DP, we can limit the Number of Liars
The advantage we have is that if we all target same Player, then next DP we know the exact number of Innocent & Guilty we should have so when Scum Lie about their Results, we will obviously have an Exceeding number of either "Inno" or "Guilty" Results or both

After that, all we have to do is pick either the Group of "Inno" or "Guilty" (The one with higher Number) and among them will be 2 Scums,
So we will have them surrounded, and obviously certain Players will be able to confirm their Roles from their Own perspective, we will ask the Second Group with just 1 Scum who they can confirm as Scum, if more than 2 Vote on same Player then very high Chance he is Scum since only 1 Player can lie among the Second Group

This is the best Method imo

Btw, i targeted Shion & got Inno

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Salah EddineShion - "Innocent"?????????
@joby????????????
@Hayumi????????????
@Samael????????????
@Shion????????????
[automerge]1595959304[/automerge]
What should be our Goal is catching Scum when they lie, not confirming Cops
Today we all reveal our Targets & Results, we then decide on a Player & i want all Players to target him/her next NP
So that next DP, we can limit the Number of Liars
The advantage we have is that if we all target same Player, then next DP we know the exact number of Innocent & Guilty we should have so when Scum Lie about their Results, we will obviously have an Exceeding number of either "Inno" or "Guilty" Results or both

After that, all we have to do is pick either the Group of "Inno" or "Guilty" (The one with higher Number) and among them will be 2 Scums,
So we will have them surrounded, and obviously certain Players will be able to confirm their Roles from their Own perspective, we will ask the Second Group with just 1 Scum who they can confirm as Scum, if more than 2 Vote on same Player then very high Chance he is Scum since only 1 Player can lie among the Second Group

This is the best Method imo
It's not a bad one, but there is one issue I see with it. Because scum will be killing tonight and we will be lynching today, if scum correctly anticipate what sort of results the dead players would have gotten, then they can use that to blend in without being the outliers (i.e, two or three scum could be in the set of 4 results, rather than the set of 5 we would be lynching into). I do think though it's worth hitting a set number of players. We will have at least 7 cops going in to night 1 (and three scum), so I think three targets with two (three including scum) people each investigating them with the one left over picking at random makes the most sense. That way we have consolidated results and we spread out a bit. If we pick right we can also force scum into killing someone who already has an investigation or two or them which will make working it out easier. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ill play how majority wants. But IMO i feel like we are making it easy for mafia more than we making it for ourselves. While yes we get info so do they and if they smart we fcked

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Also if i was mafia i wouldnt kill anyone yet

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It's not a bad one, but there is one issue I see with it. Because scum will be killing tonight and we will be lynching today, if scum correctly anticipate what sort of results the dead players would have gotten, then they can use that to blend in without being the outliers (i.e, two or three scum could be in the set of 4 results, rather than the set of 5 we would be lynching into). I do think though it's worth hitting a set number of players. We will have at least 7 cops going in to night 1 (and three scum), so I think three targets with two (three including scum) people each investigating them with the one left over picking at random makes the most sense. That way we have consolidated results and we spread out a bit. If we pick right we can also force scum into killing someone who already has an investigation or two or them which will make working it out easier. Thoughts?
If less than everyone investigate someone then it's impossible to determine he is Scum, there are three Liars among us, if we target many Players, then it will take decades to find a single Liar. Scum are not stupid, they can see our Plan, they will find the best lies

If everyone target same Player, then Scum don't have freedom to lie about their Target, they will only lie about their Result
It's true that we will have 2 dead Cops next DP but it's not that big of a problem

We will have three possibilities, either their Results would have been Two Inno or Two Guilty or One Inno/Guilty
Scum can't all lie and say they got Three Guilty or Inno, it will make it obvious which Half of Players contains Scums so they are forced to 2-1

No matter who we target, we should have 4 Guilty & 4 Inno, taking those Three Possibilities above into consideration
We should have:

A. 2 Inno & 4 Guilty
B. 4 Inno & 2 Guilty
C. 3 Inno & 3 Guilty

When we add Lying Scums, it becomes like this:

A. 4 Inno & 5 Guilty or 3 Inno & 6 Guilty
B. 6 Inno & 3 Guilty or 5 Inno & 4 Guilty
C. 5 Inno & 4 Guilty or 4 Inno & 5 Guilty

One of them will happen, if we get one of the two repeating Scenarios then we can remove either "A" or "B" which helps us deduce one of Dead Cops Roles. and if we get either 6 Inno & 3 Guilty or 3 Inno & 6 Guilty, it's even better since we will have reduce everything to single Possibility (Either A or B) and confirm both Dead Cops

The point is no matter who Dies & no matter what Scum says, we can always confirm one of Dead Cops Result
And we have 50% Chance that we can confirm both Dead Cops (Scum can't do anything really since they also don't know the Cops Roles)
After it continues like i initially said, we split them into Two Groups & find the Scums
Some players will also be able to confirm their Roles if we pick someone who was Targeted N0 by some

I honestly can't see a better Method than this & we have One Shot at it, since a single delay will cost us two more Dead Cops & RIP
You can run simulations if you want & see what happens if we don't target same Player

Shion

Lost Soul
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Salah EddineShion - "Innocent"?????????
@joby????????????
@Hayumi????????????
@Samael????????????
@ShionFallen Prince - "Innocent"?????????

I'm fine with revealing the results each day, I never played this sort of game, and its way different from the ones where we cannot claim (which I miss, lol).

My target tonight was Fallen Prince and I got innocent on him.

Already added to the table above

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Also if i was mafia i wouldnt kill anyone yet
My Method works even if they kill
Actually if they don't then it works even better

Also it doesn't matter if they are Smart or not, when we all target same Player, they can't lie about their Target, they can just lie about Result
If they all say 3 Inno or 3 Guilty, they have dug their own Grave so they are forced to claim Inno/Guilty 2-1 and using Maths & some Votes, we find the First Scum easily

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wassup i am up with thread .

What rail gun has said is true , she understood the game mechanics. Its important we reveal our invest in the game.

I targeted Hayumi and got guilty btw .

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wassup i am up with thread .

What rail gun has said is true , she understood the game mechanics. Its important we reveal our invest in the game.

I targeted Hayumi and got guilty btw .
Assuming you're also telling the truth, neither of us can be one of the naive cops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom