Island Drum Island

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: Beerbottle

Having said my piece I watched as the man in charge looked like he was about to say something, only to be cut off by my small companion.
"And I am Tanith Low, we was hoping to find some warmer clothes and get some supplies; as you can see we are not prepared for climates like this" She motions to her and the other people in her group's clothing which were not made for winter islands or snow. "We would appreciate any help you can give us, and I'm sure we can find money to give to you for your trouble if you wish"
I could feel my face stiffen as thoughts like well that was surprisingly level headed of her. Is she faking the stupidity after all? Raced through my head. The wind was biting and try as I might I could not stop a small shiver from going through me. This is pathetic, I'm a 15 ft high bastard.. I should be able to deal with this cold. I refocused on the man in front of me when he started to speak.
"I would like to help you folks out, but my people have a lot on our hands right now. It's best you just leave and continue your journey through the grand line. This island is at war."
I brought my hands up to my mouth in a faked surprise "At war!?" "How did that happen"? "I can't see any enemy ships at the docks" I was possibly laying it on a bit thick, but I hoped that he would notice I didn't declare us as enemies in my opinion.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: @Ziosa

NPC Hosting for Unnamed Country and Wapol Pirates

Narrator
Action
Thinking
“Speech”

As the Militia's leader calls out to the winter strangers, he looks them over.
Dalton: One of them is stepping forward to speak. And he's enormous! A giant maybe?

Kellian holds both his hands up as a sign of pacifism.
Kellian: "We're but travelers on a journey through the Grand Line". "I'm Tom Bombadil, pleased to make your accuiantance sir".

Dalton thinks for a moment. Unsure whether to trust the man or not.
He seems powerful from what I can tell. And he talks like a leader. It would sure be strange if Wapol was able to recruit a man like this under him, but it's best to be careful.

The shoreline was windy. Snow kicked up in bursts as the air carried it westward. Those who didn't have proper clothing shivered from it while the men from Big Horn were fairly unbothered. However, they were surely nervous about the situation at hand. While the commander was thinking, some of the Militia were on guard watching different angles, but a few began to whisper among themselves.
Harry: "That guy is gigantic..."
Isak: "There a little one too!"
Sven: "I thought we had to deal with Wapol, but who are these people?"
Under his breath, Leo remained focused and scolded the others
Leo: "Quiet! Let Dalton speak with them. Just keep watching them and our flanks."

Before Dalton could speak to "Tom" the little dwarf foreigner spoke up.
Jade: "And I am Tanith Low, we was hoping to find some warmer clothes and get some supplies; as you can see we are not prepared for climates like this. We would appreciate any help you can give us, and I'm sure we can find money to give to you for your trouble if you wish"

Dalton examines the small girl.
There aren't too many of them. Just a handful it looks like. Maybe she is second in command? But there are two ships. Could be a second captain too. She is wearing but a dress? Wapol would be pretty smart to send people and make them look like fools. It's not like him really. No one would come to a winter island wearing something like that. And she is shivering. Ok. I don't think they are with him, but I'm not so sure of their intentions. Two ships could be very dangerous. They likely have a lot more people onboard that I'm not seeing. I need to keep my people safe.
Clearing his throat *eh-hem* and speaking powerfully yet peacefully,
Dalton: "I would like to help you folks out, but my people have a lot on our hands right now. It's best you just leave and continue your journey through the grand line. This island is at war." Pointing to his militia.
There was a bit of a pause between her speaking and what seemed to be the leader of the group replying, all the while the snow lightly falls around them. Jade shivers from the cold just as 'Tom' replies to his reply.

I brought my hands up to my mouth in a faked surprise "At war!?" "How did that happen"? "I can't see any enemy ships at the docks" I was possibly laying it on a bit thick, but I hoped that he would notice I didn't declare us as enemies in my opinion.
What he said makes sense; no enemy ships at the dock meant either they were already here and the ships had left or this was more of a civil war between two factions. It was best to get more information before deciding ultimately what they should do as a group; plus they would be asking about the war if they were actually travelers who had come to this island anyway.

The groups keep staring down at each other, Jade decides to speak before the leader can to try and get them to play the sympathetic card
"A war? How terrible! We just need some warm clothes and we will be out of your way, we are running low on warm supplies so if we leave now we might not make it to another island." It was kinda true, if they didnt have warm things they could all die from the cold if the other islands and area was cold as well.

Sophie was standing nearby but felt she didnt need to say anything since Jade and Kellan were handling it quite well
This is the reason she is so high ranked, naive and not the most intelligent person around; but knows what to say and how to deal with certain situations.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: Loony

Character Name: Lucius H. Skye
Race: Human

Level 30
30 x 5 =150
Strength: 30+6=36
Speed: 40+6=46
46x2=92
-Reaction: 50
-Movement: 42
Vitality: 41+6 = 47
47x2=94
-Durability: 44
-Stamina: 50
Martial arts: 25
25x2= 50
-Sniper Mastery: 50
Mind: 14
14x2= 28
Beast Mastery: 28

Action
"Talking"
'Thought'

Skye kept his eye on the group to make sure they didn't pose a threat or sneak attack on his comrades from his spot in the tree. He then heard both Jade and Kellan shout out something about war. Was this country in war from someone? He remembered he never saw any enemy ships at the docks or where they docked their ships, so something was amiss. Looking at the situation they were in, he figured both Jade and Kellan could handle themselves and lowered his rifle.

'Hmm, I should investigate the town silently and check things out. Something is not right here.'

Deciding to sneak away from the others, he jumped down from the tree branch and moved quietly as possible, using the trees as cover. He kept an eye on the group to make sure they didn't spot him.

'Don't know what's going on, bull I'll find out.'
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: @Ranger

NPC Hosting for Unnamed Country and Wapol Pirates

Narrator
Action
Thinking
“Speech”

Seeing the foreigners shivering more and more in the cold as the stare down and skepticism drag on, Dalton finally comes to a decision. The militia surrounding them still standing watch in the snow looking at each individual person. No one of them was aware about Skye @Looney watching the situation and he was able to sneak off. However, he did leave print in the snow.

Dalton: "Alright." he finally says sternly to Tanith and Tom. "You folk really aren't with Wapol from what I can tell. Let's see what we can do to get you on your way."

Sven: "But, Sir!" he blurts out, taking a step out of line from the rest of the militia. "We've got important work to due as lookouts!" Pointing to the shore, the dark green clothed man is certainly aggravated.

Dalton turns to his men. He gives Sven a stern glare and begins to speak.

Dalton: "Come on now, Sven. Why did we, the strong men of Big Horn, form a militia in the first place?"

the milita behind Dalton fell silent

Dalton: "It is to protect those in need. If these people aren't are enemies why make enemies out of them? We are the proud men of Big Horn! Men never ignore a cry of help!" He finishes strongly.

Sven looks down in disappointment at himself.
Oscar and Hugo put a hand on Sven's shoulder to show him that it is ok.
Oscar: "I understand your enthusiasm, Sven, but if Wapol isn't here today, then we might as well do something good with our time." He smiles as he ends.

Hugo just looks at Sven without much thought.

Sven: "I- I'm sorry, Dalton."

The towering man begins to laugh as a wide smile creeps across his face as well.
Dalton: "Bwa!hahahah! It's alright! I'm glad you care to much about protecting the village."

Dalton turns back toward the foreigners. @Ziosa @Beerbottle @Hakipotence @Beky
Dalton: "Come with us. We'll take you to our town. I'm sure you'll be able to find what you are looking for."
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: Hakipotence

Actions
"Talking"
Thinking

Alaric wasn't really paying much attention to the conversation happening outside of the ship until he heard the man in green mention a war. He silently jumps off the deck and gets a little closer to hear more of what's going on.

"At war!?" "How did that happen"? "I can't see any enemy ships at the docks"
"A war? How terrible! We just need some warm clothes and we will be out of your way, we are running low on warm supplies so if we leave now we might not make it to another island."
Alaric rubbed the back of his neck slowly and thought to himself, No ships at the docks yet still at war. Either the people they are up against already left for reinforcements or these guys have a civil war on their hands. I wonder if there is a way I can help them somehow. Alaric was taken out of his thoughts when the man and his companions started speaking again.

Dalton: "Alright." he finally says sternly to Tanith and Tom. "You folk really aren't with Wapol from what I can tell. Let's see what we can do to get you on your way."

Sven: "But, Sir!" he blurts out, taking a step out of line from the rest of the militia. "We've got important work to due as lookouts!" Pointing to the shore, the dark green clothed man is certainly aggravated.

Dalton turns to his men. He gives Sven a stern glare and begins to speak.

Dalton: "Come on now, Sven. Why did we, the strong men of Big Horn, form a militia in the first place?"

the milita behind Dalton fell silent

Dalton: "It is to protect those in need. If these people aren't are enemies why make enemies out of them? We are the proud men of Big Horn! Men never ignore a cry of help!" He finishes strongly.

Sven looks down in disappointment at himself.
Oscar and Hugo put a hand on Sven's shoulder to show him that it is ok.
Oscar: "I understand your enthusiasm, Sven, but if Wapol isn't here today, then we might as well do something good with our time." He smiles as he ends.
Alaric cracks a small smile as his respect for the leader of that group grew higher. I wonder if this Wapol guy is the one they are at war with. Judging from the way they speak of him, they don't really like him that much. The man then offers to take the crew members into town to get what they need, Alaric follows them making sure to keep a distance between himself an the people in front of him.

Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to explore the place by myself, this place seems pretty interesting. But maybe after I meet the little person.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: SageDGod

Character Name: Nordstrom Thresher
Race: Human
Level: 10

Stats:

10 x 5 = 50
(+2 strength, +5 speed, +2 vitality)
Strength: 10+2 = 12
Speed: 16+5
-reaction: 21
-movement: 21
Vitality: 13.5
-durability: 6
-stamina: 21
Martial Arts: 10.5
-Falcon Sumo: 21

Action
"Talking"
"Thought"

In they grey distance, the silhouette of a small sailboat narrowed in on the port of Drum Island. As it cut through the fog and snow, it seemed to be on it's own and furthermore, there was only a single passenger, standing upon the deck, mooring in hand and trimming the sale as a navy green cloak billowed in the wind.

On the boat, new recruit Nordstrom Thresher held a small dossier in his hands, containing his profile from Baltigo HQ. He had been slightly briefed on his new squadron's previous endeavors on Cactus Island before being sent on his way, and the dark skinned revolutionary shivered, both from the biting chill of the winds and the report.

"An entire city ravaged with no survivors.. Only monsters could be capable of such barbarism and gaucherie"


As he looked ahead and saw Drum island almost within docking range, he pulled the cloak tighter around him and fully raised the sails, tying the mooring tightly around the mast.

"I'll row myself the rest of the way in." Nordstrom struck a match, lighting a cigar to keep himself warm and tossed it into his mouth with a flourish as he went below deck to fetch the oars, a trail of smoke following behind.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: Beerbottle

The wind was stinging my eyes, but thankfully they didn't start to become watery I guess they would have frozen if they actually became wet huh...
I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not to withold my actual name, but I could feel a shadow of trouble sneaking up on me. Hence I'd rather choose to be careful. While I was feeling nervous about our ruse, I became completely gobsmacked when Jade actually continued with my line of thought. One moment she's moronic, the next she has as much sense as I have.. The hell is going on here?
Then the big guy in charge seemed to have come to a decision as he said:
Dalton: "Alright." "You folk really aren't with Wapol from what I can tell. Let's see what we can do to get you on your way."
I was quite relieved to hear that.. Though I did of course notice the discord that resulted from what the guy had said. That didn't surprise me much, what did surprise me was how easily the commander not only stopped it, but how loyal his subordinates seemed to be. He is well liked, he knows how to invoke the more noble traits in his men.

"I thank you for your generosity". I bowed my back in a proper bow. After straightening up, I looked over my shoulder as I said: "lets all hurry up, I'm starting to feel sick already".
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: @Ranger

NPC Hosting for Unnamed Country and Wapol Pirates

Narrator
Action
Thinking
“Speech”

Seeing the foreigners shivering more and more in the cold as the stare down and skepticism drag on, Dalton finally comes to a decision. The militia surrounding them still standing watch in the snow looking at each individual person. No one of them was aware about Skye @Looney watching the situation and he was able to sneak off. However, he did leave print in the snow.

Dalton: "Alright." he finally says sternly to Tanith and Tom. "You folk really aren't with Wapol from what I can tell. Let's see what we can do to get you on your way."

Sven: "But, Sir!" he blurts out, taking a step out of line from the rest of the militia. "We've got important work to due as lookouts!" Pointing to the shore, the dark green clothed man is certainly aggravated.

Dalton turns to his men. He gives Sven a stern glare and begins to speak.

Dalton: "Come on now, Sven. Why did we, the strong men of Big Horn, form a militia in the first place?"

the milita behind Dalton fell silent

Dalton: "It is to protect those in need. If these people aren't are enemies why make enemies out of them? We are the proud men of Big Horn! Men never ignore a cry of help!" He finishes strongly.

Sven looks down in disappointment at himself.
Oscar and Hugo put a hand on Sven's shoulder to show him that it is ok.
Oscar: "I understand your enthusiasm, Sven, but if Wapol isn't here today, then we might as well do something good with our time." He smiles as he ends.

Hugo just looks at Sven without much thought.

Sven: "I- I'm sorry, Dalton."

The towering man begins to laugh as a wide smile creeps across his face as well.
Dalton: "Bwa!hahahah! It's alright! I'm glad you care to much about protecting the village."

Dalton turns back toward the foreigners. @Ziosa @Beerbottle @Hakipotence @Beky
Dalton: "Come with us. We'll take you to our town. I'm sure you'll be able to find what you are looking for."
"Thank you for your kindness, we will try not to intrude too much" Jade was quite relived that things seem to be going well, when the armed people arrived she had thought they had made a mistake in coming here.

Looking back towards Sophie, who nods at her; the dwarf calls for some of the men to stay with the boat and some to come help to get supplies and warm clothes for everyone. Several people join her and the undercover revolutionaries start heading towards the town, Jade in the front as she was really cold; her small frame didnt give her much protection against the snow and cold weather.

Walking forward quickly, Sophie picks her up and holds the small girl against her to keep her warm; she had seen how much Jade was struggling against the icy wind and snow. Jade smiles as Sophie carries her, no longer really pretending to be in trouble against the cold.

Sophie looks towards Dalton
"Have you got something I can put around Tanith? She might get ill before we even reach town at this rate" She was also pretty cold but she was handling it alot better than the small Revolutionary Officer. The rest of the men were also handling it but they too were cold.

 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: @Beky

Narration/Action
Speech
Thoughts
Flashback


Wapol? Where have i heard that name... think Ratchet think..... Oh right , he is the king of the Drum Kingdom , Kingdom known for its advanced Medicine !!! But we never heard anything of a civil war...


Miss Jade @Ziosa a word please...

Miss Jade , this guy Dalton mentioned named Wapol, Wapol is a king of Drum Kingdom. Miss if there is a civil war here against the king then this island may have more to himself than we thought at first. If the citizens are in danger we should provide our service to them.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: Loony

Character Name: Lucius H. Skye
Race: Human

Level 30
30 x 5 =150
Strength: 30+6=36
Speed: 40+6=46
46x2=92
-Reaction: 50
-Movement: 42
Vitality: 41+6 = 47
47x2=94
-Durability: 44
-Stamina: 50
Martial arts: 25
25x2= 50
-Sniper Mastery: 50
Mind: 14
14x2= 28
Beast Mastery: 28

Action
"Talking"
'Thought'

Skye trekked the snowy hill and road of Drum, searching for any town on this island. The poncho he wore blew softly against the wind as snow started to fall. He managed to get to the top of the hill and spotted a small town right below him. He immediately slid down the snowy hill and entered the town. He looked around, ignoring all the suspicious and wandering eyes on him, gripping his rifle, Elysia, and resting her against the front of his shoulder.

He didn't notice anything strange, besides the looks he was getting. It was strange, he heard Jade and Kellan talk about some sort of war, but nothing in this town suggested that. It was very strange.

"You there!" Skye stopped and looked over to see a group of about 4 men wearing long green coats, helmets and rifles that were strapped on their backs, huddled around an individual by a brick building. Skye took this as his cue to hide in one of the alleys and peek his head out to observe what was happening. "We have information..." Skye unfortunately was too far away to hear what the soldier was saying to the nervous and frightened man. He wanted to get closer, but knew that would attract unwanted attention. He wasn't here to make a scene, just try and understand what was going on in this kingdom.

What he did notice were the faces of the rest of the townsfolk. All of them were pretending to not notice the incident. They had their bodies in the opposite direction and some of the faces looked like they were trying really hard to stop themselves from interfering. "...King Wapol!" Skye managed to hear one of the soldiers yell out a name.

'King Wapol...?' Skye tried to remember if he knew a King by that name, but he was drawing a blank. He needed more information, but knew he couldn't get close to the soldiers. So, he turned and walked into the alley and searched for the one place he knew he could possibly get some sort of info, a pub.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: @Ranger

NPC Hosting for Unnamed Country and Wapol Pirates

Narrator
Action
Thinking
“Speech”

Snowy Path

As the combined group began to move, the winds blew harshly on the winter isle. The freezing was something that the revolutionary could not quite handle and so as Sophie couldn't take it anymore she asked of the militia leader
Sophie: "Have you got something I can put around Tanith? She might get ill before we even reach town at this rate"

Overhearing the conversation, the biggest of the group (besides Dalton), Hugo walks over to Sophie as Dalton turns around.
Hugo is burly man with a curly reddened gold beard. He wares a brown fur coat with a white padded undershirt and carries his riffle like it's a pistol!

Taking off his snugly thick winter coat he begins to wrap it around Tanith
Hugo: "Her ya go missy! I cin tough it out!"
After wrapping the little dwarf girl up to securely that only her face is popping out he gives her a big goofy smile.

Dalton removes his green winter coat while Sophie is distracted and hands it to her.

"You look like you need it more than I do."
He turned his back as to not wait for a response. That way she would be more so forced to accept it.

Thick brown fur began to cover Dalton's back. If you were paying close enough attention you could tell that he even grew a little larger!

 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: TDDashie

Level 10 (Fruit Bat Mink: +4 Speed +4 Vitality +1 Flowing Knives)
10x5= 50
Strength: 12
Speed: 21 (17 +4)
-Reaction: 21
-Movement: 21
Vitality: 13 (9 +4)
-Durability: 13
-Stamina: 13
Mind: 2.5
-Beast Mastery: 5
Martial Arts: 10.5 (9.5+1)
-Flowing Knives: 21
Dass had kept herself quiet and out of sight back on the ship, as she wasn't actually meant for this mission. Due to being a new recruit that was still recovering from a recent starvation spell, Dass wasn't considered 'ready' for anything above basic grunt work. Contained at home base for over three months now has made her impatient. So she did the only thing she considered right, which was to stow away on Jade's ship and silently tag along throughout the mission. She wasn't planning on revealing herself so soon into the mission but the chilled air assaulting her still skinny form was sure making it difficult to keep her composure. Whether she realized it or not, Dass was highly susceptible to the cold as she was now. Her fur was never known for being thick enough to retain heat. So instead all she had to protect herself from the cold was an outfit that wasn't designed with warmth in mind. That and a blanket she had snatched from below deck. Dass was honestly surprised that her chattering teeth didn't alert her presence beforehand.

She currently sat on the deck of the ship hiding behind one of the rails with wings curled tightly around herself. It did little to actually help her. After a few minutes of conversation the group she was spying on began to move, or at least she thought that they were moving... The heavy snowfall was messing with her echolocation and her own eyesight was so poor that all she could actually see was a cloud of white. It was at this moment that Dass realized that she had two options. Keep hiding on the ship, probably below deck, and power through the cold or follow the group. But she couldn't reveal herself yet... She just needed to keep herself hidden until an opportunity presented itself where Dass could appear useful. Being found out during a heroic and/or badass moment kept the rest of the group from being upset at her. But being found out before that? Anger all around coupled with her disobedience could lead to her being kicked out.

No, Dass was going to help and she wasn't going to be seen once during this mission. The winds had felt right for this mission, and the despite how damned cold it was the wind still felt right. She was meant to be here today. And though her dark colors would make her stand out in all this white, the light gray blanket she was using to keep herself warm on deck would prove useful. Wrapping it around herself like a cloak, she quietly dropped down from the ship and started her trek through the snow. Now to just not lose sight of the group...
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: Hakipotence

The longer they walked the colder the breeze got. Alaric was excited for his first experience of snow, but this wasn't all that it cracked out to be. At this point he's almost lost all feeling in his arms and his legs felt like they were made of ice, he slowed down a little due to this blasted wind and now he can barely see the group's silhouettes. He rolled down his right sleeve for extra warmth.

Dammit, Alaric thought to himself feeling a heavy feeling of annoyance and regret Maybe I should have made my presence known earlier. I would have probably gotten some better clothes to work with. I can't believe I'm doing all of this to meet a small person. He tried to shake his head but doing so made the cold feeling a lot worse.

Not noticing a rock jutting out of the snow due to being deep in his thoughts, Alaric trips and falls face first into the snow. He looked up slowly slightly dazed and shook his head. The snow cushioned his fall. He looked around and noticed that now he had officially lost everyone. Alaric sighed in frustration, getting up at this point was a no no considering his legs felt too cold and numb. His frustration all but sizzled away when he felt his body heat providing some form of warmth from him laying on the snow. He smirked as his brain cooked up an idea.

Now he considered his best course of action would be to warm up his legs just enough for him to dash forward and catch up with the group he came with. So Alaric rolled onto his back and covered his legs, body and arms using the snow around him. Now all he had to do was wait. In the meantime he decided to relax and gaze at the grayish skies. It reminded him of the grayish tint that took over the tips of his curly hair after he came into this world.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: Dabit

Level 10
10x5: 50
Strength: 10+1
Speed: 10+3
-Reaction:14
-Movement: 12
Vitality:10+2
-Durability: 14
-Stamina: 10
Mind: 10
-Medicine: 20
Martial Arts:10+3
Itturyu: 15
Dials: 11

Narration
(Thinking)
"Speaking"

Action

Dabit (The beat) had stayed on the ship, as his role as one of the revolutionary medics implied tending to the ill and wounded. The intense cold of the island shook him.
(Wow, this island is freezing! With this kind of weather, our men could easily fell ill without having an fighting chance, i better go join Boss Belle´s group. Perhaps i can´t contribute much when it comes to fighting, but at least i can support them in this cold. Somebody has to take care for them)

Beat headed out to follow Jade Belle´s group, packing whatever clothes he could find on the ship. As a Birkan (sky race), he was used to the cold weather. On his way to the group, he noticed a man´s body (@Hakipotence) all covered in snow, with an "A" tatoo on his arm, laying on the ground.
(Is that one of us? Is he dead? I better go check out)
Beat rushed to the man´s body and started shaking him.
"Hello? Are you ok? What happened to you? Who did this to you?"
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: @Ziosa

NPC Hosting for Unnamed Country and Wapol Pirates

Narrator
Action
Thinking
“Speech”

Snowy Path

As the combined group began to move, the winds blew harshly on the winter isle. The freezing was something that the revolutionary could not quite handle and so as Sophie couldn't take it anymore she asked of the militia leader
Sophie: "Have you got something I can put around Tanith? She might get ill before we even reach town at this rate"

Overhearing the conversation, the biggest of the group (besides Dalton), Hugo walks over to Sophie as Dalton turns around.
Hugo is burly man with a curly reddened gold beard. He wares a brown fur coat with a white padded undershirt and carries his riffle like it's a pistol!

Taking off his snugly thick winter coat he begins to wrap it around Tanith
Hugo: "Her ya go missy! I cin tough it out!"
After wrapping the little dwarf girl up to securely that only her face is popping out he gives her a big goofy smile.

Dalton removes his green winter coat while Sophie is distracted and hands it to her.

"You look like you need it more than I do."
He turned his back as to not wait for a response. That way she would be more so forced to accept it.

Thick brown fur began to cover Dalton's back. If you were paying close enough attention you could tell that he even grew a little larger!
Actions
"Talking"
Thinking
"Attack Names"

Ratchet speaks to Jade slightly, but she and Sophie only catch some of it as the Dwarf was too busy being cold and Sophie was too busy checking on her

'Tanith' smiles as Hugo wraps her up with her coat, she was feeling warmer already. Looking at the rest of her group she was checking on how they were doing; most seemed to be doing fine, only slightly shivering as the snow lightly falls around them.

Sophie was looking down at Jade when she is handed a coat, looking to her left she sees Dalton now no longer wearing his coat and with his back to her nearby. Feeling quite chilly she manages to put it on while still carrying the small girl in her arms.

While Sophie was busy putting the coat on she doesnt notice Dalton changing, but Jade does; she watches as brown fur appears on his back and he seemed to get larger.
Is he a Devil Fruit user? This doesnt look like a natural ability of any kind

Now feeling better, the Revolutionary Leader decides to ask about some things "You mentioned something about a war? Are we in danger being on this island?" Her voice was quieter than usual due to her being still cold.

 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: Beerbottle

"Npc talking"
Thinking
"Speaking"
Narration/actions

A sneeze forced itself out despite my best efforts in quelling it. I could have sworn it made the ground shake, but that didn't make any sense of course. It was cold, damn cold in fact. Had it not been for the large body I possessed I would probably been in a lot more trouble. Snapping back to attention I caught what Ratchet @Beky was saying to Jade @Ziosa and covertly approached them. Jade seemed distracted and didn't say anything, but I leaned down to the inventor and whispered as quietly as I could, hoping the wind would muffle my voice enough that nobody could hear me: "At this moment we won't be offering any type of service until we know more about the situation" Taking a deep breath I ran one of my hands through my hair. It was getting a bit too long even for my liking and I could hear the sound of ice breaking and fall to the ground.

I was about to fall back a little so nobody would be suspicious of us.. Anymore than they probably already were, but then I thought to myself.. I'm probably being unfair just barking out an order like that without explaining.. I bowed down again before explaining "Right now they neither know us or likes us" "If we say we are revolutionaries here to save them, they won't believe it" "at least not if they have any brains, they will think we are sent to trick them". I had a small pause before saying "Even then, when they do eventually do believe we will help them. They will look at us differently, and act differently than what they are right now". "I'd like to see who they are when they don't expect anything from us".

Saying that much my concience felt better and I fell back a couple of steps and witnessed as the leader of these men and one of his subordinates hand over clothes to Jade and Sophie. I also noticed the thick fur that started to grow on the leaders body and thought to myself Devil Fruit user eh? That is one damn convinient power in this climate

Then I heard Jade ask the leader
"You mentioned something about a war? Are we in danger being on this island?"
That sounded like a good enough question to me. Innocent and doesn't say anything about the battle prowess of our group.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: Loony

Character Name: Lucius H. Skye
Race: Human

Level 30
30 x 5 =150
Strength: 30+6=36
Speed: 40+6=46
46x2=92
-Reaction: 50
-Movement: 42
Vitality: 41+6 = 47
47x2=94
-Durability: 44
-Stamina: 50
Martial arts: 25
25x2= 50
-Sniper Mastery: 50
Mind: 14
14x2= 28
Beast Mastery: 28


Action
"Talking"
'Thought'

Skye walked in the snow, gazing upon everything and everyone on his search for a pub. The people of the town seemed to be nervous of something and some felt like they were on alert or looking out for something...or someone. Maybe it was just him they were afraid of, he did carry his rifle around publicly. However, he didn't plan on using it at all on civilians, unless threatened. He did get the feeling though, that he was not the source of nervousness.

Eventually, Skye found a pub and entered it. The moment he did, the entire place became quiet and and all eyes were on him. It didn't bother him, seeing as he was used to this with all the pubs he ever visited. Many eyes seemed to have stayed on his rifle, almost warning him if he tried anything with it, they would retaliate with their own weapons. Skye paused before seeing an empty table in the corner to his right and walked over to it. He sat down, stares still on him. He placed Elysia, the rifle, against the wall and crossed his arms. The moment they felt no hostility from him, the people went back to chatting, eating or drinking with each other.

Skye kept his head down, eyes hidden behind his hat, but was able to take a few peeks over to customers of the pub. Some were still wary of him, but they didn't pose any sort of threat that he was concerned over. He tried listening in to some of the conversations, but he couldn't make heads or tails when everyone was yelling all the time. He did hear about some things here or there, but nothing information wise that would help him.

Then, someone approached him. A young woman who looked like she worked in the pub. He tilted his head up slightly to look at her. She had navy blue hair, wore a waitress outfit and had a large wooden plate hugging close to her. She looked extremely nervous. From what Skye could tell, she mustered up whatever courage she had to approach him. She then spoke, her voice shaking.

"W-W-Welcome. Umm.....I'm sorry...s-sir...but w-we don't allow r-rifles here..." Suddenly, the air in the pub was taken away as silence once again entered the establishment. Everyone suddenly glared upon Skye, waiting for his response. Almost as if it was some sort of trial or test. He could tell that the waitress seemed to be beloved by the residents, with some hovering their hands over their pistols. The tension in the room was thick, almost suffocating for those who never experience such high levels. Skye turned his head towards Elysia, and picked took a hold of her.

The waitress gulped and the men placed their hands on their pistols, getting ready to aim and threaten Skye with it. However, he surprised everyone when he said, "Sorry, I didn't know. If it would make you feel better, want to hold on to her for me until I'm ready to leave?" Skye told the waitress, as she blinked in surprise. Even the men were shocked at his response.

"U-Umm...I don't know if I could..."

"Just let him keep it."
The bartender suddenly spoke up. Everyone turned to the big, muscular man with black hair, as he was cleaning as mug.

"O-Owner?" The waitress was looked over to him.

"I said let him hold on to it. I could tell he means no harm to us. So, let him keep it." He told her, opening his eyes and looking at Skye. Skye nodded and placed Elysia back against the wall next to him. He then looked over to the other residents and calmed them down. They then returned to what they were doing, the tension completely gone from the room.

Skye eyed the owner and found the person he could grab some information from.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: @Beky

Narration/Action
Speech
Thoughts
Flashback



While talking to Jade Ratchet couldn't but notice that a lot of people are keeping their gazes at them. Some new and some old faces but a gaze is a gaze. While speaking to Jade she noticed that Jade is in her own world when Kellan approached them and leaned to whisper something to Ratchet

"At this moment we won't be offering any type of service until we know more about the situation"
Hmmmm, he speaks well but one look at the situation and it is pretty clear what is going on. But he is a commander and i have to obey, i don't wanna be sent back to HQ where Lindberg will force me to do crazy experiments again. Mouth shut Ratchet , no telling something you should now.

As she was talking inside her head she noticed that Dalton @Cpt. was giving his coat to her friends when suddenly he beggan to grow fur out of nowhere.

WOAH WOAH WOAH What is this madness. If he keeps going he will turn into a bull of fur
:eek:


Ratchet couldn't keep her excitement and she yelled

Woah a Devil Fruit user or a very hairy person!

As she said that she noticed that she interrupted everyone and the words she told herself short time ago were already broken.

Dam i f****** up

Sorry everyone , excitement got better of me. Won't happen again.

She whisperes into her beard

So cool

 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: @Ranger
NPC Hosting for Unnamed Country and Wapol Pirates

As she was talking inside her head she noticed that Dalton @Cpt. was giving his coat to her friends when suddenly he beggan to grow fur out of nowhere.

WOAH WOAH WOAH What is this madness. If he keeps going he will turn into a bull of fur
:eek:


Ratchet couldn't keep her excitement and she yelled

Woah a Devil Fruit user or a very hairy person!

As she said that she noticed that she interrupted everyone and the words she told herself short time ago were already broken.

Dam i f****** up

Sorry everyone , excitement got better of me. Won't happen again.

She whisperes into her beard

So cool
Dalton chuckles at we continues on forward. "Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you all! It is a rather nice perk to have against the cold of Drum."

"You mentioned something about a war? Are we in danger being on this island?" Her voice was quieter than usual due to her being still cold.
Dalton suddenly stops. All of his men halt as well. The town of Big Horn can be seen close off in the distance now.

Hugo begins to growl

Hugo "Wapol bad ma-" He stops as Harry socks the big oaf in the shoulder.
Harry "There's no need to scare them." The average sized man is rather serious at this point from his usual kind hearted nature
Isaac just stares down at the ground with clenched fists and a spreading frown.

Sven steps out of line and flais his arms up
Sven: "Of course we're in danger! Why else do you think Dalton was so hesitant to help you all?"
Even Leo was a little off beat now and didn't scold Sven.
Oscar: "He's a terror is what he is!"
Liam: "ayy." crossing his arms and giving a nod

Dalton turns around now and faces the Revolutionaries.

Dalton: "We are on constant watch for Wapol. Our duty as the milita is to protect this island from that man and his army. Signing up for this way of life... my men are fully aware it isn't an easy one, as you have heard, little one." But then he gives their new friends a great burly bull smile as his horns twitch, "But worry not! We won't let any harm come to you. Saftey is just up ahead in Big Horn." Dalton begins moving yet again.

Leo continued from where Dalton left,
Leo: "There might be some confusion so allow me to explain. Wapol used to be King of this island. ... but... under his rule this country suffered greatly!"

Hugo: "BAD MAN! BAD!"

Leo: "The only reason why he isn't still King here..."
Sven: "THAT BASTARD LEFT US HIGH AND DRY! Liam and Harry began to hold Sven back

Leo:
"We were attacked by a group of pirates not long ago. There weren't a whole lot of survivors... King Wapol he speaks in a sarcastic manner* took all his troops and fled as soon as they showed up. He even burned down Sven's house...

Harry: "So Dalton here saved as many of us as he could with his abilities and decided it was best if we all learned how to fight!"

Liam: "He'll be back... Wapol. I know that man. He's too greedy to leave this place."

As the group finally arrives at the town entrance, Dalton turns yet again to the group behind him.
Dalton: "That's enough for now. Let's focus on helping these folks out. Looking at @Beerbottle "Welcome to our town, Big Horn."
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,599
Reaction score
17,183
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,951
Original Post by: Hakipotence

Actions
"Talking"
Thinking
"Attack Names"

His legs were still numb. Alaric had been laying in the snow for the past 20 minutes, and while being underneath the white blanket had provided some warmth the numbness wasn't leaving his legs. At this point, Alaric figured something was wrong and shifted his legs out of the snow a bit to take a look at them. They were a paler color compared to the rest of his body. He remembered stories Baron told him of his hikes through islands just as or even colder than this one and could identify what happened to his legs as mild frostbite. He closed his eyes and sighed while scratched the back of his neck, still laying on his back.

This is so embarrassing, where am I going to find a place to fix this, Alaric thought to himself nonchalantly.

The sound of footsteps filled Alaric's ears followed by a voice. And shaking.

"Hello? Are you ok? What happened to you? Who did this to you?"
Alaric grabbed the strangers hand and opened his eyes slowly. In front of him stood a strange man with dark brown hair and slanted eyes. His most striking features were his wings. One was white, while the other was black. Alaric wasn't focused too much on them for now. Having someone here would help him get closer to the tiny person.

"Oi can you not?", Alaric replied with a hint of annoyance at the shaking,"My legs are numb from the cold but otherwise I'm fine." He reached out his right arm. "I don't know who you are exactly but help me up. We need to get to the town, I want to get out of this cold weather before my legs fall off." Alaric said with a small smile.
 
Top Bottom