Island Drum Island

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,603
Reaction score
17,206
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,955
Original Post by: Roogy

NPC Hosting for Wapol and Crew (The Self-Appointed King and His Retainers)

The trolley reached the top of the ropeway without incident. Wapol opened his mouth in front of the trolley door, and the Isshi-20 exited his mouth. Each was covered in mucus and shivering in disgust and from the cold.

Wapol got out of the trolley with a look of disdain on his face. "You lot should be more grateful! You're covered in the King's mucus!"

"Your mucus is freezing over and making us much colder at this altitude," explained one doctor.

"Huh?!" said Wapol, furious that someone would dare to challenge him on anything, even an issue so trivial. "If you don't like being outside, then I suppose you can just stay inside!"

Wapol swallowed the dissenting doctor whole, and then burped out a stethoscope. "Alright, Chess, Kuromarimo, Isshi-19... today is the day we take back our castle!"

The group headed towards the castle and reached the doorway, shocked to find that the door had been left wide open, and the main hall had frozen over.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT???!!!" shouted Wapol, his face distorted to an extreme degree. His eyes bulged out of their sockets and his tongue extended far out of his mouth. "Who the hell left the door to my beautiful castle open? They pay will pay for this!"

Chess and Kuromarimo, wanting to figure out some reason for this, went up to the door and formed a human ladder. Chess, who was on the top, noticed a bird's nest precariously situated on the door frame.

"Well, here's the problem. Some bird built their nest on the open door," said Chess.

"ARROGANT ASININE ANIMALS!" shouted Wapol. "DON'T THEY KNOW I'M BETTER THAN THEM?!"

Wapol was outraged, but despite his rage, he could not think of a way to respond to this situation. Embarrassed by this, he began to rant.

"THOSE BIRDS HAVE THE AUDACITY TO MAKE THEIR HOMES IN THE MOST INOPPORTUNE OF PLACES AND I AM SO MAD THAT I COULD EAT MY ENTIRE CASTLE AND SPIT IT BACK OUT AS A BIRD-KILLING ROBOT! I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT, BUT IN THIS STATE OF ANGER, I'M SURE THAT I COULD FIGURE IT OUT! I AM GOING TO YELL FOR AS LONG AS I FEEL LIKE IT, BECAUSE IT'S ALL I CAN THINK TO DO, THAT'S HOW ANGRY THIS MAKES ME! BIRDS ARE USELESS! I HAVE VERBAL DIARRHOEA! I CAN'T THINK OF ANY MORE WORDS, BUT I AM STILL ANGRY!"

Wapol was still seething with anger, but had run out of things to say. He grumbled and walked inside. "Come on, let's forget it. We'll deal with it later. Our first priority is regaining access to the rooms with doors that have frozen over."

Chess and Kuromarimo were surprised that Wapol had moved on so quickly, but were thankful that he had. They really did not want to suffer his wrath or that of an angry mother bird. They, along with the Isshi-19, followed Wapol inside, and got to work on defrosting the castle's many doors.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,603
Reaction score
17,206
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,955
Original Post by: @Ziosa

Dalton perks up and smiles
"Ah! There you are! I hope you found what you were looking for alright. I really should have gone with you. I apologize!"
Dalton puts his index under his chin to think for a moment,
"Well my men and I already explained the militant situation here, but of course I would be happy to tell you all about Drum Island."

he opened his body taking a step to the side and directed Tanith's attention towards the sky.
"As I'm sure you noticed this island is quite mountainous. There are many big arctic creatures here, but not all of them are mean. In fact many quite nice if you know how to treat them. On the top of one of the Drum Rockies, those big flat top peaks is where the Castle is that Wapol used to rule from. I would be weary going up there if I were you, an old witch runs the place now. She means well, but I wouldn't get on her bad side!

There are also several villages besides Big Horn here in the Sakura Kingdom. Cocoa Weed, Gyasta and Robelle. Each one with it's own community of fairly nice people. Big Horn here leads the milita and the others help out the Kingdom in other ways."
Dalton seemed happy to see the small girl, although she wasn't too sure why since she hadn't been gone for that long so it wasn't like a long time had past.

Jade listens as he starts explaining, starting with the creatures.
Big arctic creatures that are quite nice? That seems interesting, wonder what kind of animals they are. She keeps listening as he carries on, telling her where the castle was "A witch? You dont seem the type to believe in that sort of thing."

"Have they suffered from Wapols rule too? I cant imagine they would have got away with not since this town isnt big enough to probably satisfy him going by what you have said" The dwarf tries to keep up her civilian persona as she talks to the large man.

While they chat, she starts thinking about what to do
If he was still close by we cant really wait for backup just in case he tried something. If he wasn't they had no reason to be there and I doubt Dalton will want us to create a base after all they had been through with their king.

"Well if there is anything we can do, we would be happy to help; we don't like people who abuse their power in our organisation" Jade lets something slip out since she wasn't concentrating too much on what she was saying since was still thinking about some things in her head.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,603
Reaction score
17,206
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,955
Original Post by: Beerbottle

I was very much content to just sit and listen in companionable silence with Skye @Loony as the bartender told us about the so called witch. It didn't take too long, but I was getting more and more intrigued as he went on. Oh we simply must try to get in contact with the hag. Such thoughts occupied me as Skye got up from the barstool.
"I see, so we just have to find this 'home' to meet with this 'witch'. Thanks, the tabs on my superior leader here so....give a round to everyone on me."
I was sorta stunned for a few seconds, which Skye used to rush out the door.. As the patrons of the bar turned around and looked at me, I let out a laugh that could deafen even the gods. "Bwhahahahaha! Bloody bastard I'll get him back for this" But there was nothing to it, I put my hand down into my right boot and pulled up a hidden sack of coins which I slapped on the bartop. "Well now, lets use that to liven up the place eh" ?

"Right away sir" The barman seemed both happy with the money and daunted that he'd have such an unruly bunch on his hands for a good while more. He started sending booze around with surprising speed and dexterity, not one drop spilled. I took on tankard of ale and downed it all in one go as I sighed in contentedly. At this point the other inhabitants of the bar was singing my praises as they clanged their bottles and glasses on the table. It was a spectacular cacophony. I loved it, I reveled in it.

There might have been screaming outside, but I would have never heard it. After a little while I dragged my slightly drunk ass outside. And was greeted by a corpse in the street. That started to sober me up right quick.. The body had already become cold in this unforgiving temperature. I grabbed a nearby person: "What happened here"! I bellowed, all thoughts on keeping a low profile forgotten completely. The poor man seemed ready to piss himself as he stuttered "I..I heard the witch came through here and slashed this guy's throat open, then there was this girl screaming about being from the revolutionaries" My face was ashen. Was this guy in our troop? "What happened then"? I must have terrified him something fierce, because the man looked close to tears. "Well, she took another fellow with her and ran in the same direction the witch disappeared in".

I let go of the man and held my head in my hands as worry flowed through me. What should I do? Run after the witch? No.. I have to report this so there isn't even more confusion. I need to get back to Jade Belle @Ziosa . With my decision made, I threw caution to the wind as I ran back towards the town I had last seen most of the others. I briefly wondered what the townspeople would think.

As it happened, the poor man that I had talked to understood little. In his eyes I had seemed to melt away into the wind as his eyes could simply not keep up with my speed.

 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,603
Reaction score
17,206
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,955
Original Post by: Loony

Character Name: Lucius H. Skye
Race: Human

Level 30
30 x 5 =150
Strength: 30+6=36
Speed: 40+6=46
46x2=92
-Reaction: 50
-Movement: 42
Vitality: 41+6 = 47
47x2=94
-Durability: 44
-Stamina: 50
Martial arts: 25
25x2= 50
-Sniper Mastery: 50
Mind: 14
14x2= 28
Beast Mastery: 28

Action
"Talking"
'Thought'

Walking through the town, Skye asked some of the townsfolk for directions for a house in a tree. Many of them didn't know what he was talking about. Except for one old man who told him he usually saw a sled come down from a small slope to the north of the town. With only those directions in mind, Skye headed north.

As he walked in the deep snow up a slope, Skye wondered if this was the right direction. He had been walking for a while no, but saw nothing that looked like some tree house. He was walking up the slope as the cold air hurt his throat. It wasn't painful, but difficult anyway. He was not used to the cold temperature, but he couldn't let that bother him.

He managed to get to the top of the slope and looked around. He didn't see anything that looked remotely as a tree house Just plain old trees. He cursed under his breath. There had to be some way to locate this tree house thing.

He looked straight ahead and sighed, he had no choice but to go forward. He had no lead anymore so he had to take a random route. He took a step but then stopped as he heard something. Something....galloping? He turned his body back down to the slope he just walked and out of nowhere, a sled rode up the slope and gained some air, launching itself in the air above him.

Skye's eyes widened as a sled and some sort of four legged animal jumped over him. He was so focused on the sled and trying to identify the animal pulling it that he didn't notice the sled losing some altitude on the back end of it. Sky reacted in the last second to duck and dive out of the sled's way, avoiding a bad hit to the head. The sled landed behind him and unfortunately landed on a pile of snow that kicked back right on top of him the moment it struck the ground. The snow piled onto him, burying him in snow.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,603
Reaction score
17,206
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,955
Original Post by: @Beky

Action
Thoughts
Talk

Ratchet quickly picked up Jade's slip
"Well if there is anything we can do, we would be happy to help; we don't like people who abuse their power in our organisation"
What the ...?!?!? Did she just?

Ratchets face turned red as her hair and she quickly gave a death stare to Jade.

Shit shit i bettet do something.

Ratcher felt like she had no choice so she interuptes the conversation and said to Dalton:
Excuse me sir Dalton, but where is your medical staff? I see a lot of injured people but no doctors? Is everything okay?

I hope he doesnt notice it otherwise we might be in big trouble

 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,603
Reaction score
17,206
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,955
Original Post by: @Ranger

Town of Big Horn

Tanith: "A witch? You don't seem the type to believe in that sort of thing."

Dalton scratched his forehand "errrr umm- well. No, but..." he kind of ignored to answer and continued what he was saying before until Tanith spoke to him again,

Tanith: "Have they suffered from Wapols rule too? I cant imagine they would have got away with not since this town isnt big enough to probably satisfy him going by what you have said"

Dalton looks stern and glum, down at the little dwarf as if he is recalling a bad memeory while he speaks, "Yes, I'm afraid we all have..."

Tanith: "Well if there is anything we can do, we would be happy to help; we don't like people who abuse their power in our organisation"

That's awfully nice of her to say. The bull-man thinks. He doesn't pay any special mind to Tanith mentioning an organization. He just assumes she meant the ship crew. Smiling at the generous girl he replies, "Thank you. I truely appreciate the kind gesture, but Wapol and his men are very dangerous. For a little thing like you, it would be bette-" but then he was interrupted

Ratchet: a "Excuse me sir Dalton, but where is your medical staff? I see a lot of injured people but no doctors? Is everything okay?"

"Huh!?" Dalton jolts a bit at the sudden interruption and peers towards Ratchet who has a good acting panicked expression. "A lot of injured people?" Dalton looks around. Ah yes, the drunkards from the bar I suppose. "Deh deh deh, don't worry about those drunken fools so much. The bar keep is a good man. He will make sure no one drinks too much! Deh deh deh." He laughs. "Ah but that's right you two were asking about the witch weren't you?" ...he puts his hand on his chin to think. "Well although it may be a hike to go up to the castle I suppose if you wanted to meet her you would need to go there. Oh course will Wapol being a threat I'll need to stay in the town and guard the village and the shores. So you would be on your own. Is that ok? It's cold and although most of the animals are nice you should always be careful."

Cocoa Weed

Kureha noticed a couple other people began to look strangely at her as she put away her knife, but it was nothing unusual. "Hrrmph" she grumbled. I'll be sure to punish the rest of those kiddies later. She clicked her heels against Bropper "Come on now, boy! We've got work to do!". The child continued to cry in the background and the duo quickly made their way to her.

In the school yard a young girl with a pink dress-coat and white hat belted out in pain. She had slid on a patch of ice and tripped into a metal pole damaging her ribs. A few children were gathered around with one school teacher, but no nurse.

"Over there, Bropper!" Kureha pointed and the reindeer jumped over the crowd to reach the crying child. "Don't worry girly" the witch smiled lifting up her shades. "The beautiful me will fix you right up." The slender woman posed bravely with her medical bag in her right hand and shades atop the left. She then began to inspect the girl immediately.

 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,603
Reaction score
17,206
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,955
Original Post by: Dabit

Narration
(Thought)
"Speech"

Action

A void, an empty space, nothingness, zero, zilch. A place without any sign of animals, plants, or people, a place that´s not even there to begin with. For a moment, the darkness was over the face of the deep, without form or actual existence in the time space continuum. How can something be and not be at the same time? Time doesn´t exist in this void, this darkness, and what could be a mere second felt as if years passed.

Iron Dabit was a part of this void, this darkness. After being brutally murdered by the mountain witch, he passed out into oblivion, his existence had ceased to be, consumed into the nothingness of a non existent place. For a moment, he was one with this void, ripped apart from the reality of this world.

Even though there didn´t seemed to be a way out or in from the darkness, a sudden ray of light covered Dabit, a warm, nurturing light carrying him into it´s bosom. And a voice whispered: "Get up"

Bit managed to open his eyes and breathe the cold air of the Drum Island. He was somehow back in the Sea Pixie, the ship that had brought him to his place was also the place or his rebirth. It´s wooden structure rocked from side to side with the strong blowing wind, yet the vessel was sturdy.

Dabit was confused, trying to understand in his mind what had happened: (Kuso, what the hell happened? All i remember was that witch slicing my throat.. Did i died? Nah probably someone just brought me back here for first aid... These revos are really cool people, bet they were worried about me. Buaka).

The Birkan got up and cursed his weakness, not being able to even withstand an attack from an old lady: "Man, im really weak, there´s no way i can do something to help my partners in this state im in. I need to become stronger. I need more power to protect my friends" he said while clenching his first, frustrated to have failed so prematurely in battle.

"I don´t want to be a burden. I enlisted into the Revolutionary Army to aid in the fight, not to be a burden" he said with a grin on his face, determined to change his current state as a warrior.

"Science, technology... perhaps with the power that comes from science i can become stronger, more powerfull, more durable, and more deadly... Yeah, this is the moment to choose a path, after experiencing a near death situation, my eyes have been opened. I will become stronger with the help of science, i will become a cyborg, give up my humanity for the sake of power, and the glory of this Revolutionary Army, but where could i find such power?" He said, monologuing with himself, giving thought to the concept of achieving a next level of strengh. After a few minutes of thourough thinking he finally came to an answer.

"Karakuki!! The home island of Dr. Vegapunk, the most genius scientist in this, said to be years away ahead of his time. Surely there is something i can find in there to become full powered cyborg, yeah that´s were i will go! Buakakaka" the revolutionary said with a smile, feeling as if he had just found a clue for solving the mystery of his search for power.

Dabit took out his den den mushi and contacted the Revolutionary Army HQ, giving them a heads up on his new purpose "I am heading towards Karakuki Island, i will conquer the place for the Revolutionary Army and will attain the special power of cyborgs" he said on his den den mushi, as a member of the Revolutionary force, it was important for them to keep track on his location, so he informed about his new target to them.

And with that, Iron Dabit jumped down from the Sea Pixie, and went to grab a smaller boat, a personal vessel would be just enough to get him where he wanted to go. So it wasn´t a big boat like the Pixie, but seemed good enough for the moment. So he sailed off to the sunset.

Dabit Iron has left Drum Island, and will Arrive in Karakuri Island in 6 days (48 hours irl)
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,603
Reaction score
17,206
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,955
Original Post by: Aloe Vera

Name: Vera (ベラクルス, Bera)
Epithet: "Nailing" Vera (くぎ うち のベラ, Kugi-Uchi no Bera)
Affiliation: Revolutionary Army
Occupation: Fencing
Devil Fruit: N/A
Bounty: N/A
Gender: ♀ Female
Race: Human
Age: 16
Date of Birth: April 19th
Height: 5 ft 7 in (170 cm)
Level 15
15x5=75

Strength: 19+2=21

Speed: 21+5=26
26x2=52
- Reaction: 31
- Movement: 21

Vitality: 19+2=21
21x2=42
- Durability: 21
- Stamina: 21

Martial Arts: 16
16x2=32
-Nailing Style: 32
Narration
"Thoughts"
"Speech"

Hellbent on avenging her fallen comrade, Vera was still following the large trail left by the grandma's sleigh. As she was running across Cocoa Weed, she did not notice — or perhaps simply did not care about — the suspicious glances the villagers gave her. Here and there, some whispers could be heard. "Did I hear that right?" "What's the Revolutionary Army doing on this island, of all places?!" "With the Revolutionary Army standing guard, Wapol won't ever come back!!" In fact, all that mattered to Vera in that moment was to catch up to that grandma and make her pay dearly for what she had done to her fellow Revolutionary. "You won't even know what hit you... You damn witch!!", she let out loud as she hastened even more down the snowy path.

However, as Vera was going up a slope that led to an upper area of the village, just as the sleigh had surely done a bit earlier, she was running so fast that she simply couldn't avoid a large pile of snow that was resting at the top of the slope. Her feet hit something hard beneath the snow, and she tripped, falling head-first towards the road. "Kyaaaaaah!!" Thankfully, she managed to do a forward roll, and sustained no injuries. Though she did not have any time to lose at all, Vera still proceeded to unbury whatever was underneath that pile — to her shock, a human person!! "This island's so scary!... Not at all what I expected when coming here...", she thought as she tried to wake the person up by thoroughly slapping him, to no avail. "Open your damn eyes!!"

Though her endeavour had failed, Vera simply couldn't resolve to abandon someone on a roadside, to die of hypothermia. "I cannot leave this guy here... I ought to transport him to safety! And quick!!", she thought, and knelt to place the poor fellow on her back. Fortunately, he wasn't quite heavy, allowing Vera to continue her trek across the village while carrying him on her back. After some time following the snowy trail with her human burden, Vera was getting slower with every step. Her breathing was getting difficult, and louder. That was when she reached what looked like a school. Entering the schoolyard, she happened upon the very same grandma that had murdered her companion and probably done another victim on her path — the one she was carrying on her back.

Rage took over Vera as she noticed that some persons had gathered around the grandma, who was seemingly bent over a little girl. The little girl was laying on her back, probably dead... "How much blood does this grandma have on her hands now?!... She definitely won't get away with this!!" Vera tried to collect herself first, and put the person she was carrying down onto the ground. Calmly inhaling and exhaling, Vera then unsheathed her rapier and approached the gathering. At her sight, the bystanders instantly moved around to let her through to the murderous grandma. Approaching her, Vera pointed her blade at her in a threatening fashion. "There you are... At last we meet. I'm here to exact vengeance on you, for my fellow companion of the Revolutionary Army whose throat you sliced open, for the poor bystander whom under snow you buried, and for that little girl right here... Now pull away from her!!", she ordered the grandma with a movement of her rapier. Taking a battle stance, she added "Any last words?", as she was ready to nail the serial killer down.

@Roogy
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,603
Reaction score
17,206
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,955
Original Post by: Roogy

NPC Hosting for Wapol and His Crew (The Self-Appointed King and His Retainers)

Chess and Kuromarimo had barely begun defrosting one door when Wapol yelled out in frustration.

"This is pointless! Just defrost the door to the cannon vault, because I want to do a traditional 12-cannon salute."

Whenever Wapol made an announcement, he would always resort to the 12-cannon salute, as the smug bravado of the act amused him and made him feel important. If anyone opposed his order in this regard, he would eat them whole, spitting them out three days later. Several people who had received this punishment were unable to recover from the horrors they endured while inside his mysterious stomach.

Chess and Kuromarimo obliged, defrosting the cannon vault door, and opening it to reveal a room full of cannons and fireworks.

"Mahahahaha! This salute will be brilliant: The return of the King! The people will surely be happy at this news, and if they aren't, well, I'll eat them! Ungrateful commoners, I am the greatest King to ever live!"

Chess and Kuromarimo held their tongues, as they were sure it was for the best. They, along with the Isshi-19, prepared the 12 cannons to launch fireworks into the air.

"Yes, grovel my subjects! Your King has returned, in all his regal splendour! Your pathetic lives now have meaning again! Mahahahaha!"

As Wapol yelled platitudes that no-one would hear, the fireworks sprouted into the air, going off and exploding into coloured Wapol faces.

Chess and Kuromarimo wondered if they should let Wapol know that no-one would hear him, but they figured he knew that and was just letting off steam. After all, what kind of a King speaks when there's no-one around to hear him?

Regardless of the minutia, all present could agree that the presentation of the 12-cannon salute would no doubt draw the attention of anyone on the island. The King was back, like it or not, and that was a fact.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,603
Reaction score
17,206
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,955
Original Post by: @Ziosa

Ratchet tries distracting him from Jade's slip which seems to work, even though he didnt pick up on it straight away; he might have started to think about it a bit if she hadnt.

Dalton looks stern and glum, down at the little dwarf as if he is recalling a bad memeory while he speaks, "Yes, I'm afraid we all have..."

That's awfully nice of her to say. The bull-man thinks. He doesn't pay any special mind to Tanith mentioning an organization. He just assumes she meant the ship crew. Smiling at the generous girl he replies, "Thank you. I truely appreciate the kind gesture, but Wapol and his men are very dangerous. For a little thing like you, it would be bette-" but then he was interrupted

Ratchet: a "Excuse me sir Dalton, but where is your medical staff? I see a lot of injured people but no doctors? Is everything okay?"

"Huh!?" Dalton jolts a bit at the sudden interruption and peers towards Ratchet who has a good acting panicked expression. "A lot of injured people?" Dalton looks around. Ah yes, the drunkards from the bar I suppose. "Deh deh deh, don't worry about those drunken fools so much. The bar keep is a good man. He will make sure no one drinks too much! Deh deh deh." He laughs. "Ah but that's right you two were asking about the witch weren't you?" ...he puts his hand on his chin to think. "Well although it may be a hike to go up to the castle I suppose if you wanted to meet her you would need to go there. Oh course will Wapol being a threat I'll need to stay in the town and guard the village and the shores. So you would be on your own. Is that ok? It's cold and although most of the animals are nice you should always be careful."
The Dwarf doesnt even notice she let it slip out, although she nearly gets annoyed at Dalton about to say she should stay out of it due to being small. She listens as she explains about the witch a bit and how they would need to hike up to a castle.

"I'm sure we will be fine, as long as its obvious where we should go we shouldnt get lost and these warm clothes will protect us from the cold. The animals shouldnt be a problem if they are nice too." Jade looks at the mountains in the distance

"Yes, grovel my subjects! Your King has returned, in all his regal splendour! Your pathetic lives now have meaning again! Mahahahaha!"

As Wapol yelled platitudes that no-one would hear, the fireworks sprouted into the air, going off and exploding into coloured Wapol faces.

Chess and Kuromarimo wondered if they should let Wapol know that no-one would hear him, but they figured he knew that and was just letting off steam. After all, what kind of a King speaks when there's no-one around to hear him?

Regardless of the minutia, all present could agree that the presentation of the 12-cannon salute would no doubt draw the attention of anyone on the island. The King was back, like it or not, and that was a fact.
Just as the girl was about to say something else, she spots something appear above one of the mountains; a few moments later the sound of fireworks could be heard from them too. They seemed to be the shape of someones face, appearing and disappearing in different colours.

"Some kind of festival thing you forgot to mention Dalton?" Jade wasnt sure what the fireworks were for, being so far away made it hard for her to see the face clearly.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,603
Reaction score
17,206
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,955
Original Post by: Beerbottle

I ran so fast I was almost airborne as the scenery flushed past me. So... One of our guys is dead.. What should I do? Should we reveal ourselves? Pros and cons to both options I suppose. I suspect its going to be a lot easier to move around if we don't need to conceal our powers. With such thoughts it was with a heavy heart I saw the other commander Jade @Ziosa , Ratchet and Dalton talking ahead. Trying to simply stop would be somewhat difficult, and draw significant attention to myself. Well... Here goes nothing. I simply wrapped my right hand in invisible haki as I jammed it down into the ground as I tried to skid to a halt. When I did manage it, I noticed I had gone a couple of meters past my companions. One long furrow followed behind me as I lifted my hand out of the ground. As I did such, I noticed fireworks off in the distance as Jade said
"Some kind of festival thing you forgot to mention Dalton?"
I thought it was strange, but I simply walked up to the dwarf, bent down and whispered in her ear: "I found one of our guys in a street with his throat slashed. Asking around told me something about a witch having done it, and someone saying something about revolutionaries running off after said witch".
 

Beky

Nancy <3
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
6,290
Points
5,600
Salty Doubloons
3,642
Thoughts
Talking
NPC


Saving the slip of her commander Ratchet felt a bit better. Listening to Dalton's words...

Dalton looks around. Ah yes, the drunkards from the bar I suppose. "Deh deh deh, don't worry about those drunken fools so much. The bar keep is a good man. He will make sure no one drinks too much! Deh deh deh." He laughs
Ratchet knew he is hiding something but not sure what...

I don't trust his words somehow, he seems like an honest man but he is keeping secrets... well we are keeping secrets too so i guess i have no right to complain...

Dalton continued...
"Ah but that's right you two were asking about the witch weren't you?" ...he puts his hand on his chin to think. "Well although it may be a hike to go up to the castle I suppose if you wanted to meet her you would need to go there. Oh course will Wapol being a threat I'll need to stay in the town and guard the village and the shores. So you would be on your own. Is that ok? It's cold and although most of the animals are nice you should always be careful."
Up the mountain eh? A witch? Evil King? This country keeps more secrets than i thought... We should make haste then and....
At the same time fireworks went off which completely threw Ratchet of thinking path and make her say in a high pitched voice while clapping

FIREWORKS!!! YAAAY


It wasn't long before everyone gave her cringe looks...
 
Messages
388
Reaction score
2,471
Points
2,550
Salty Doubloons
1,011
Level 25 ->125 Points
+2x4 Str +2x4 Speed +2 Mind Mink Bonus
Strength: 13 +8 = 21
Speed: 26 +8 = 34 -> 68 subpoints
+5 React from Mind
-Movement: 32
-Reaction: 36 +5= 41
Vitality: 21 -> 42 subpoints
-Durability: 21
-Stamina: 21
Mind: 39 +2=41 -> 82 subpoints
-Music: 45
-Navigation: 31
-Unallocated: 6 Points
Martial Arts: 26 -> 52 subpoints
-SoftPaw Style: 41
-Weapon: Bo Staff: 11

This is me, @Magimasterkarp narrating
This is me, Yasashī te Dō narrating
'This is what i think'
"This is how i talk"
And this is the monster


On the horizon a small dot appears. As it gets bigger it becomes apparent that this dot is actually a little dinghy, getting rocked by the waves and drifting ever closer to the shore, almost as if it was being steered, even though it didn't have any sails, rudder or even oars.

'Go with the waves, don't force your way through... It's too cold, I can't afford to fall into the water.
There is a nice spot to land. Those ships might be the ones I am looking for.'
I slowly work my way over to the bigger boats, accidentally bumping my nutshell into the red coloured one.
'So much red. I don't like this colour. It looks like they painted it with blood.'
As i am climbing up the side of this ship I wonder what kind of person this Jade Belle is. 'If she has such a high rank in the Revolutionary Army, she must be pretty strong. Maybe this is her ship? Maybe she will use my blood to freshen up the paint if she doesn't like me?'
Then strike first! Your dinghy could use the paint job!
'No, I will not! She is a Revolutionary. They don't do stuff like that!'
I climb over the railing and announce my presence:
"Good day to you. I am a weary traveler and would like to buy some sunflowers."
Luckily I remembered the code sentence they gave me at HQ. I can't just go around telling everyone I'm with the R. A.. This might just be a merchant ship, or maybe even a pirate or marine vessel.


In the distance, fireworks are going off.
 
Messages
73
Reaction score
973
Points
1,025
Salty Doubloons
712
Narration
Thoughts
Speech
Actions

Abroad the Red Riding Moose, the situation had changed. Movements have been dulled and everything had halted. Silence reigned apart from the sound of soft teeth clattering and loud sips from mugs which gave off a bit of steam. A few NPCs from the kitchen staff silently refilled the emptied cups with new amount of beverages from their large pots. A few people silently took out their handkerchiefs to wipe their nose. Eyelashes were whitish from the little bit of snow which gathered, also on their coats and woolens. Their feet was submerged in buckets containing warm water which required refilling too. Everything was going on in absolute harmony and pin drop silence.

Ross was sitting in her usual couch staring at the mug which she held with her gloved hands and unconsciously took swigs like some programmed robots.

The extreme climate had taken a toll on the crew's physical and mental wellbeing. They were not accustomed to such low temperatures.

Ross stared and stared and at the same time in the back of her mind, she thought of the other revolutionaries. What they must be doing at this time. Nevertheless taking care of her crew came first.

Slightly relieved she was as the condition was improving. Their ship reached the island too soon and the cold overpowered them before they could take any measures.

She came out of her haze and looked around her. The blueness was disappearing. The warmth was spreading. The crew was recovering.

She shifted in her position and stood up from her cozy chair. Thanks to her snow boots, long coat and 6 servings of hot beverage, she could walk easily. She approaches the railing and looked to her left and right. The other ships look lonely. Her comrades must have gone ahead without her.

As she was pondering over, she saw fireworks lighting up the distant sky.

A party perhaps? Then I guess this island is not that dangerous and my comrades are doing fine.
 

Ranger

The Driven
Messages
1,213
Reaction score
7,813
Points
4,950
Salty Doubloons
20,553
Cocoa Weed

Everyone near the Witch let her on her way surprisingly! So Dr. Kureha and Bropper we able to quickly give proper aid to the young girl in trouble. And after scolding the adults in the town for not being of better use she took back to saddle up her raindeer friend and rode back off to the sleigh when- canon fire blased off in the distance!

"Huh?..." Kureha looked around until another BOOM! The witch jumped into a wide legged and backward stance as she pointed upwards to where she lived! "GAH! HEY THAT'S COMING FROM THE CASTLE!" she shouted in shock.

"Bropper, let's go find Dalton and tell the militia we are under attack!"

Big Horn

Dalton's eye's were not the best. The fireworks from afar to him looked not more than a couple strange sparkles in the icey clouds. Luckily!... his intuition on the other hand... Amazing. It must be him! How did Wapol manage to sneak past out ...defenses.... oh. I see. Realizing that most of the men that were supposed to be guarding the island were known to slack off when he wasn't around.

He told the two beside him, "There is no festival that the witch would ever have" he spoke sternly and seriously. In his mind he derived a course of action. Without much word to the girls he suddenly turned and began running back to the bar, "Don't do anything rash. I've got to collect all my men!" "...all the ones who aren't drunk anyway" he mumbled.
 
Messages
767
Reaction score
3,831
Points
3,750
Salty Doubloons
2,937
NPC Hosting for Wapol and His Crew (The Self-Appointed King and His Retainers)

Wapol stood with his arms outstretched, waiting for something to happen, for his firework display to mean something.

"Dammit, I forgot!" he said grumpily. "There's no-one else up here, why would I expect anything to happen after one measly display of fireworks?"

"Are you suggesting..." started Chess before he was interrupted.

"No, I am not suggesting anything. I'm saying that it's probably gonna be a while before they can get up here," said Wapol. "I guess we'll just have to wait it out."

Neither Chess nor Kuromarimo dared to point out that Wapol was a horribly impatient person, and the waiting would probably kill him. Of course, that would be not only disrespectful to the King, but also several magnitudes of wishful thinking.

As everyone stood in the snow waiting for Wapol's next brilliant idea, the snow on the edge of the drum-shaped mountain collapsed, and began its fall down toward the island below.

"Well, at least something interesting happened today," said Wapol. "I'm glad we're up here and not down there. Mahahahaha!"

Chess and Kuromarimo smiled awkwardly at Wapol's words. They weren't quite sure if it was the right course of action, but they had acute self-preservation instincts and were hoping that it would all work out.

"Yeah, that's right, I'm Wapol! I'm the greatest King this country's ever had! If you're gonna smile at my witty remarks, do it like you mean it!"

With that sentiment, Chess and Kuromarimo's senses were validated. They quickly adjusted their faces so that their smiles seemed more genuine. Neither of the two were actually capable of genuine happiness, as they had been denied it all of their lives. However, they were aware that appearances were everything to the minds of Kings, and so always did their best to appear happy when the situation demanded it.
 

Ziosa

Salutations
Messages
3,603
Reaction score
17,206
Points
10,750
Salty Doubloons
7,955
I thought it was strange, but I simply walked up to the dwarf, bent down and whispered in her ear: "I found one of our guys in a street with his throat slashed. Asking around told me something about a witch having done it, and someone saying something about revolutionaries running off after said witch".
Jade stays quiet as she hears Kellan lean down and tell her what has happened to one of their men. So this witch is violent? I wonder who it was who ran after her.
Dalton's eye's were not the best. The fireworks from afar to him looked not more than a couple strange sparkles in the icey clouds. Luckily!... his intuition on the other hand... Amazing. It must be him! How did Wapol manage to sneak past out ...defenses.... oh. I see. Realizing that most of the men that were supposed to be guarding the island were known to slack off when he wasn't around.

He told the two beside him, "There is no festival that the witch would ever have" he spoke sternly and seriously. In his mind he derived a course of action. Without much word to the girls he suddenly turned and began running back to the bar, "Don't do anything rash. I've got to collect all my men!" "...all the ones who aren't drunk anyway" he mumbled.
"We will stay put if you think that is best" She says as Dalton starts running back Collecting his men due to some fireworks? There has to be more to this, perhaps its their king? The Dwarf turns to Ratchet "I'm going to check it out, if he asks make an excuse, and then follow after them to find out whats going on; keeping your distance since they still dont know who we are."

As she says this, a distant rumbling starts and slowly gets closer to their location.
 

Beky

Nancy <3
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
6,290
Points
5,600
Salty Doubloons
3,642
Thoughts
Talking
Narration


The Dwarf turns to Ratchet "I'm going to check it out, if he asks make an excuse, and then follow after them to find out whats going on; keeping your distance since they still dont know who we are."
Yes sir, i mean MADAM. Roger that! S*** okay!

Unknowingly Ratchet said that pretty loud and got worried that Dalton might notice her military type response to Jade. Only one thing went through her mind

Oh crap, please mister Dalton please tell me you didn't hear that due to firework noise T_T
Dumb, Dumb be more careful you loud mouth!

Well Mister Dalton i shall take my leave now. I uhm have things to do on our ship so i will see you all later. Bye!

Before anyone even had a chance to respond to her Ratcher disappeared quickly. It wasn't due to her being adamant about doing her mission but bcs she was just embarrassed. After leaving line of sight Ratchet hid and eavesdropped the conversation between Dalton and his men ready to sneakily follow them.
 

Ranger

The Driven
Messages
1,213
Reaction score
7,813
Points
4,950
Salty Doubloons
20,553
Big Horn

Dalton slammed open the large pinewood door of the bar only to find... A bunch of drunken fools...

Kellian, one of the lead revolutionaries in disguise was apparently a master of the party game and so many of the militia men were so sloshed at this point that they were stumbling over one another breaking bottles and chairs and their own damn teeth...

"grrrrrr YOU DAMN FOOLS!!!" Dalton shouted at the men. "WE'VE GOT A JOB TO DO!" his chest stood strong and his eyes fierce and impatient, but there was little he could actually do at this point besides try to collect the lot of them that could still walk.

"Hey maaaan" Sven longly complained "Don't bum us out noooow, we're hanging out with our new pal!" Hey hung his arm around the red haired revolutionaries shoulder. "Come grab a beer bottle!"

Leo was hanging out in the back of the bar when Dalton came in as he was a bit more mature and patient to follow Dalton's orders. "Dalton!" He came running over. "I-" he looked down in disappointment on the alcohol soaked floor of the bar "I'm really sorry I couldn't do much more this Tom guy is just too much fun..."

"Guh..." Dalton exhailed. "Alright, well.. the lot of you that isn't falling over come on outside with me! We've got work to do!"

And with that several of the militia men fell over trying to follow Dalton and only about a handful made it outside.

In the winter of Big Horn the chills freeze even the blood alcohol level within you giving men the disillusion that they are less drunk as they might actually be. So when the small group of soldiers made it outside they were feeling a bit better and combat ready. Though one, Egor had left his riffle inside and ran back in to get it (hopefully not continue partying).

Hmm looks like Tanith and that other girl is gone. Dalton though. Damnit I told them to wait here. Didn't I?

In the distance a "Yeeeeeeeeee-haw!" could start to be heard. "High hoe bropper!" the witch yelled as she approached the center of town.
 
Top Bottom