Comic Books General Comic Book Thread

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Tynion's first Batman issue was such an improvement, first time I've actually been hyped for the next issue since Snyder's run lol
hope he can cover the 3 jokers story, also mime and marionette as they are still in the DC universe

Also is the person that has Bruce wayne transition the cape to i forgot the name but Batwing being the new Batman

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Also is the person that has Bruce wayne transition the cape to i forgot the name but Batwing being the new Batman
I truly hope not, at least not without a decent build/setup for it, but apparently that's their plan.

Luke Fox is his name btw lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I truly hope not, at least not without a decent build/setup for it, but apparently that's their plan.

Luke Fox is his name btw lol
I hope they make it the over arching plot for Tynions run by slowly building up to the reveal who they are.

Which I also hope leads to post Doomsday Clock.

Though despite saying that I hope DC don't screw this story up. Also would love a villain that crosses in two stories or a plot from JLA or JLD or JLO. Though glad it got stated that the 3 jokers will be used in this year.

I forgot his name but then again other than Bat and Nightwing (and alfred) I really don't pay much attention to the rest of the bat family.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Why are they always trying that New Gen thing ? It never worked !
Imo for me a black man, I just think it’s a marketing thing.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I hope they make it the over arching plot for Tynions run by slowly building up to the reveal who they are.

Which I also hope leads to post Doomsday Clock.

Though despite saying that I hope DC don't screw this story up. Also would love a villain that crosses in two stories or a plot from JLA or JLD or JLO. Though glad it got stated that the 3 jokers will be used in this year.

I forgot his name but then again other than Bat and Nightwing (and alfred) I really don't pay much attention to the rest of the bat family.
I mean replace him and every other hero but only when/if it feels natural for the character, I mean Luke Fox has appeared in like 50 issues total and only about 10 of those had any interaction with Bruce himself. I don't hate the idea if it's executed well and not rushed but we'll see, apparently Snyder's sequel to Metal will be the catalyst and most of the heroes will be aged.

If they do an epic Battle For The Cowl type event or something then I think it'll be worth it even the new Batman is a flop lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Even though I’m on Red Hood’s side, Dixk is the one for the job. He’s the chosen one. Iirc he lost his memory but how is he going to take it when he’ll be back ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Even though I’m on Red Hood’s side, Dixk is the one for the job. He’s the chosen one. Iirc he lost his memory but how is he going to take it when he’ll be back ?
I heard something about Tynion planning on restoring the status quo with Dick very soon, probably before all that. Who knows, maybe the aging doesn't end up just effecting the major heroes and the obvious choices are simply unable to replace them

I could actually see it something like;

Bruce: like Alfred age and runs things from the cave

Luke: Batman

Dick: semi-active but not as Batman or Nightwing, maybe their police contact or something

Barbara: same as Dick but let her be Oracle again.

Other Batfamily members can be aged a bit and still keep their current roles, except Damian who would get a promotion to Nightwing and would be aged to match Jonathan Kent as Superman.

And a completely brand new Robin and Batgirl lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I heard something about Tynion planning on restoring the status quo with Dick very soon, probably before all that. Who knows, maybe the aging doesn't end up just effecting the major heroes and the obvious choices are simply unable to replace them

I could actually see it something like;

Bruce: like Alfred age and runs things from the cave

Luke: Batman

Dick: semi-active but not as Batman or Nightwing, maybe their police contact or something

Barbara: same as Dick but let her be Oracle again.

Other Batfamily members can be aged a bit and still keep their current roles, except Damian who would get a promotion to Nightwing and would be aged to match Jonathan Kent as Superman.

And a completely brand new Robin and Batgirl lol
I don’t have big hopes for him but we never know. Maybe he will do for Batsy what Riri couldn’t for Tony. :pepehands:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
your confusing DC with Marvel with New Gen thing, as DC make it fluid its where Marvel screw it up a lot of the times. If anything DC you know the character is there for a long while so the passing of the torch they will make feel smooth. (*cough* Ironheart *cough*)

Nightwing, Terry (Batman of the Future) and Damian have all been the Batman in the past, so saying someone new is the batman is a surprise as we know Bruce will become Batman again right. So when he does that there's not much of a backlash when it occurs as it will feel natural.

So until that occurs Luke Fox will be getting the development to progress and naturally get the cape when the time comes. Reason he didnt come out the blue, neither does it seem forced but its a natural progression with no backlash from the fans.

unlike marvel with their whole "All New All Different" and "Marvel 2.0" concept where heroes stepped down and unknowns picked the title up. (Other than Wolverine and the Jane Foster characters all the others seemed forced)

DC have let fans know, characters have been there for at least 5 or so years so fans can get to know.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nightwing, Terry (Batman of the Future) and Damian have all been the Batman in the past, so saying someone new is the batman is a surprise as we know Bruce will become Batman again right. So when he does that there's not much of a backlash when it occurs as it will feel natural.
Yeah it is true DC has had a lot of success with passing the torch in the past but nothing on this on this scale since the start of the Silver Age and even then the trinity of Batman, Supes and WW plus a few others remained the same lol

They'll probably just restore what fails anyway but some of it could work so why not give it a shot.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah it is true DC has had a lot of success with passing the torch in the past but nothing on this on this scale since the start of the Silver Age and even then the trinity of Batman, Supes and WW plus a few others remained the same lol

They'll probably just restore what fails anyway but some of it could work so why not give it a shot.
Wally West has taken over being the Flash but whenever they do someone taking a mantle, its not as many as this and at one time but more like one by one.

I hope what Sneyder/Johns do is before the new gen, is finish any unresolved stories in that time such as the 3 jokers and many more. Also whatever happens to Bruce, Joker vanishes too since Joker can't live without a Batman. But somehow he confronts Luke Fox and notices he's not the original batman so he retires his villainy.

If anything i hope there's a huge event that occurs that disturbs space, time and reality where Bruce / WW / Supes go missing with many more characters but this brings back Alfred alive from the tremors.

Insert, new villains and many new stuff going on. Maybe have an event where Luke Fox as current Batman meets Terry (Batman from the Future).

I would even go as far as creating a whole new Titans team that doesn't go with the same build as all the past to pre 5th Gen team build. Even doing something as clash of the universe event or such, every character to develop into true model heroes.

Also hope we see a Watchmen black label following Watchmen / Doomsday Clock event, maybe under the Sandman Universe.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That panel where Batsy talk to Lucius and took him for Alfred is so SAAAAAD !
But how did he beat
Deathstroke
tho ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That panel where Batsy talk to Lucius and took him for Alfred is so SAAAAAD !
But how did he beat
Deathstroke
tho ?
Batman with prep (awareness) can tangle with anyone, though Deathstroke on his day would have killed Batman if Batman was unaware. As Deathstroke has even shown he can go toe to toe with even Superman 1 v 1.

As most fights between Batman or Deathstroke end in draws or going Deathstrokes way the duo do in fact respect one another a lot.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Speaking of Bloodshot, have you read out the new Rai book?
Tbh I haven't really kept tabs with valiant comics much. Though I did read classic x-o manowar and the updated issue # 1. Was meant to read classic and the new bloodshot issues and totally forgot

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Tbh I haven't really kept tabs with valiant comics much. Though I did read classic x-o manowar and the updated issue # 1. Was meant to read classic and the new bloodshot issues and totally forgot
Rai was the first Valiant comic I've checked out and I thought it was a really good, I'll probably try the new Bloodshot book next since it is supposed to have really strong ties with Rai lol

Top Bottom