Questions & Mysteries How does Luffy's seastone training help him?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
When he was in Udon, he trained with seastone for 6 days. During that time Luffy was lifting weights, working the field, without haki or full strength.

How does this help him?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think it improves his base strength and also increases his resistance to seastone—which is important

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think it improves his base strength and also increases his resistance to seastone—which is important
Do you think the spikes on Kaido's club have seastone.
[automerge]1570582520[/automerge]
Yeah, all of him will be stronger.
How strong do you think he is now post udon training.

Keep in mind he has mastered how to use his haki to defend himself and hit things without touching it.

He still needs to master how to destroy thing's from the inside.

He has mastered Future Sight in Wano compared. He uses it casually now comapred to when he was using it infrequently in WCI.

He also used it against urashima and kaido's goon when he landed on Wano.

It take 2 weeks to get from WCI to Wano.

One Piece chapter 939, 947 and 955 as referrence.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
How strong do you think he is now post udon training.

Keep in mind he has mastered how to use his haki to defend himself and hit things without touching it.

He still needs to master how to destroy thing's from the inside.

He has mastered Future Sight in Wano compared. He uses it casually now comapred to when he was using it infrequently in WCI.

He also used it against urashima and kaido's goon when he landed on Wano.

It take 2 weeks to get from WCI to Wano.

One Piece chapter 939, 947 and 955 as referrence.
i have a question for this;

Say you go the gym do your work out and etc. yeah thats all good but now go with weights attached to your ankles, wrists and on you. It just means when you take it off your body is able to move easier as your body adjusts to higher rates or apply even more immunity (maybe Luffy can gain some minute immunity to sea stone)

Luffy hasn't mastered FS he's just shown he can use it, he will master if its portrayed correctly from here on in. As learning a technique doesn't mean you've mastered it.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
i have a question for this;

Say you go the gym do your work out and etc. yeah thats all good but now go with weights attached to your ankles, wrists and on you. It just means when you take it off your body is able to move easier as your body adjusts to higher rates or apply even more immunity (maybe Luffy can gain some minute immunity to sea stone)

Luffy hasn't mastered FS he's just shown he can use it, he will master if its portrayed correctly from here on in. As learning a technique doesn't mean you've mastered it.
Go and read chapter 939 and 947. You will see he has mastered Future Sight.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy will improve in all terms needed for a battle: strentgh, speed, endurance, stamina and so on.

Improving base stats he can make his gears, all of them, more powerful.

In this arc of Wano, the overall design of Luffy increase in Muscles. For a shonen manga how is OP this could mean more power too. Is the reflexion of Luffy's evolution.

Now, if we add to a better base form, plus his gears lasting more than before, plus Future Sight (he control it when is concentrated on it), plus projection armament haki (thats how i call it for now), plus even a devil fruit awakening in the middle of the fight (very probable).
Fellas, we have a Luffy who can compete againts a yonkou very decently (at least without being one shotted lol).

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
When he was in Udon, he trained with seastone for 6 days. During that time Luffy was lifting weights, working the field, without haki or full strength.

How does this help him?
His base stats will improve significantly, which means his G2, G3 and G4 will get a lot stronger. Couple that with mastery of advanced CoA and future sight CoO and he'll basically be able to solo a Yonko.

With two Yonkos though i expect he'll get another major powerup (probably Awakening and more strength improvements + stronger CoC).

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy is def getting a strength and speed boost from it but also probably some seastome resistance which would help him take less damage from kaidos club which I'm assuming has seastone spikes

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy is def getting a strength and speed boost from it but also probably some seastome resistance which would help him take less damage from kaidos club which I'm assuming has seastone spikes
This is also true, gaining seastone resistance is alsl helpful aside from the strength & speed increase.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If I was Oda and needed to rationalize it...

Muscles more or less grow stronger as fibers strain and break down through exertion, bolstered by the body’s production of greater muscle mass in response upon recuperating. In Luffy’s case, his rubber abilities get in the way of this natural strengthening process as they allow his muscles to stretch without consequence. By working out without his powers picking up the slack so to speak, his body is allowed to naturally respond to his increased physical demands and compensate accordingly. And with his powers at play he can basically overexert his now-greater muscle mass beyond a normal person’s ability to do so without fear of tearing.

Only thing is, he’d probably need to keep up this training in the future to maintain said muscle growth, kinda like Zoro. Otherwise, we’ve seen just how quick his metabolism works, they’d just break down from lack of constant use/need ( again, compared to regular levels of strain buffered by his stretching ability .)

Would still be a half-asses way of matching Kaido if Oda decides to go this route, Ryuou training or not. In fact, I’m still banking on Oda setting Luffy up for another beatdown ( possibly one of several more, echoing Kaido’s own string of defeats and stubborn inability to stay down ) just to hammer Home how hopelessly fucked he is at the current time ( for now anyway .)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
If I was Oda and needed to rationalize it...

Muscles more or less grow stronger as fibers strain and break down through exertion, bolstered by the body’s production of greater muscle mass in response upon recuperating. In Luffy’s case, his rubber abilities get in the way of this natural strengthening process as they allow his muscles to stretch without consequence. By working out without his powers picking up the slack so to speak, his body is allowed to naturally respond to his increased physical demands and compensate accordingly. And with his powers at play he can basically overexert his now-greater muscle mass beyond a normal person’s ability to do so without fear of tearing.

Only thing is, he’d probably need to keep up this training in the future to maintain said muscle growth, kinda like Zoro. Otherwise, we’ve seen just how quick his metabolism works, they’d just break down from lack of constant use/need ( again, compared to regular levels of strain buffered by his stretching ability .)

Would still be a half-asses way of matching Kaido if Oda decides to go this route, Ryuou training or not. In fact, I’m still banking on Oda setting Luffy up for another beatdown ( possibly one of several more, echoing Kaido’s own string of defeats and stubborn inability to stay down ) just to hammer Home how hopelessly fucked he is at the current time ( for now anyway .)
That is what I was trying to get at. You explained it well.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Since it halfway crippled him I suppose his base got a boost.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wouldn't seastone training improve Luffy's endurance.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Definitely to make his body itself stronger without relying too much on his devil fruit but push his stamina, strength and haki. There are times where he relies a lot on his devil fruit or thinks he can just beat the opponent but he got aware that just thinking pure strength with the Gears isn't enough, as he noticed against Kaido, the G4 attacks didn't even scratch him.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It strengthens his Willpower, which in turn makes his Haki stronger. As it stands, seastone completely saps a user of all their strength. One has to have an incredible amount of Willpower in order to continuously train with those bad boys strapped to them almost a week straight. The longer he trains with Seastone on, the harder it would be, to be able to move. Therefore, he is constantly pushing himself to his utmost limits, as the days pass by.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He's boosting his base strength and senses as well as haki without the assistance of his devil fruit and with the added strain that helps him focus

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I believe that there is a reason that Oda focused Luffy's training in Udon in 3 different areas:
  • Base stats. Stamina, physical strength.
  • Advanced Observation Haki.
  • Armament Haki and Advanced Haki.
Base stats of Luffy wont make him go (just to give an example) to destroy a building to destroy a mountain. I dont think that Oda wanted to make Luffy a physical monster by giving him some muscles.

The amount of Haki that Luffy can use is determined by his stamina. Oda, by making Luffy train his physical stats will give him an extra stamina boost therefore, more Haki to use. In other words, Gear 4 can be used more longer.

We saw that in Dresrossa, Luffy could use Gear 4 like twenty minutes, the same amount in WCI. With this training Luffy can last longer now, not have a stronger haki, but lasting longer now. Another improvement we might see from training his base, is, now that he has more Haki storage, he wont suffer that aftereffects of Gear 4 which is not having Haki after Gear 4 for 10 minutes. Thanks to this, there wont be need to run or hide, maybe he can enter Gear 4 after 10 minutes without resting.

Now, with his Haki training, he is gonna have extra power in all his Gears, this extra power is not from making him Haki stronger or his physical power greater, it is from having more skill over his haki. He now can gather more Haki around his fists to increase his power and much better, transfer his haki to his enemies body to attack from the inside out.

Top Bottom