Salty Doubloons
Welcome to the first
Make your Devil Fruit event
here on Thriller Bark!!!

Finally I can present you the entrys for the
Bark-Bark fruit

• Fruit Name: Bark-Bark Fruit
  • Type: Paramecia
  • Visuals: Red pear that looks like a dog from the right angle, with the long bit forming the snout and two small, spiral lumps forming the ears
  • Brief Description of the granted power: Animal sounds create sound animals
  • 3 potential abilities to showcase your Idea of the fruit
    • Bark: barking creates a dog made of sound which can bite or scratch a target
    • Hiss: creates a snake that can constrict or bite a target. Doesn't inject venom, but a vibration is sent through the target, causing pain, nausea, disorientation, or other intended effects depending on where is bitten/vibrating
    • Animal Tongue: at higher skill levels, animal sounds may be used to communicate with real animals
  • Weaknesses:
    • Constructs only last as long as the sound is sustained. Ex: barking must be done repeatedly, elephant trumpeting must be drawn out, etc.
    • User must be able to mimic animal noise at least somewhat accurately. Simply saying "bark" either won't work or will create a weak construct
    • User must be able to produce noise at all. Ex: if gagged, throat is damaged, or under the effects of noise-cancellation, no constructs can be made
    • Limited to animals that can actually make noise
    • Generally obvious what animal is being constructed
    • Soundwaves may be disrupted by sufficiently powerful sounds, shockwaves, or air-based attacks
  • Advantages:
    • User doesn't necessarily need to produce the noise themselves, can use more accurate tools such as whistles or rattles for assistance
    • Sound constructs are invisible in most circumstances, thus difficult but not impossible to defend against
    • User isn't necessarily invulnerable to sound-based attacks, but can disrupt them with constructs
    • At higher skill levels, multiple of a single animal can be created at once. Ex: squeaking can create many mice or rats
    • Constructs aren't affected by volume, so sounds and constructs can be made discreetly

Fruit name: Bark Bark no mi

Representative fruit: Large pumpkin-like shape, light brown with very dark brown swirls

Fruit type: Logia

General description: The user can create and turn into tree bark at will, making them a Bark Human.

Abilities:

• Bark Binding: The user wraps the target(s) in bark making them unable to move (Named for a disease that can affect trees).
  • Wood Hammer: The user puts their hands together and brings them above their head, they then enlarge them by creating a hammer-like shape out of bark. They use the weight and size of the hammer to quickly and powerfully bring it down on the target for a large amount of damage. (Slight reference to the Pokemon move of the same name)
  • Dense Bark: While not moving, the user can increase their density by changing the thickness of bark; making them take reduced physical damage. At high skill, the user can move but it’s quite slow.
Advantages: Due to being a logia it makes the user immune to most attacks as their body is made of bark, the body restoring itself after taking damage. Can be used to create weapons and objects out of bark. While near large amounts of trees the user is slightly more powerful.

Weaknesses: Apart from the normal Devil Fruit weaknesses, this fruit is very susceptible to fire. Fire can also stop them from changing their other body parts into bark, as that part would then burn and hurt the user more; meaning they can now be hit by non-Haki attacks etc. Unless the user combines a lot of bark together, it is not super durable as its just bark not wood.

Awakening: Greater control over bark, allowing the user to now make it much thicker or thinner etc. The user also gains the ability to make it semi-autonomous, allowing the creation of bark golems etc.

Additional notes: One of the few Logias that is about a solid element and not a liquid or a gas. Bark can be used for similar stuff as wood, but can do some stuff it can’t, and can’t do some stuff that wood can.

Name of DF: Bark Bark fruit
Type of DF: Paramecia
Visuals: It will be an Apple that is squishy in some parts with part that is slightly harder and dense with swirls all over it.
Brief Description: The user has the power with Bark Bark fruit grants the user to manipulate Plants at will from making the Plants age and dense thus creating "Bark" where they can even use Bark like a projectiles homing attacks.
x3 Potential Abilities:

• Bark Projectile Homing Attack: Its like that guy from Naruto with the Bones as he can throw the Barks that come out of the body like how Hawkins with his dolls but makes the skin hard then launch as Projectiles. If not like Spike from X-Men Evolution.
  • Bark Shield: Creates an exoskeleton shield which then can be nutrition'd enough to go back into his body.
  • Bark Sword: Creates a bark in the palm of his hand and use as a sword. If it breaks the user can continuously create barks out of his palms
Weaknesses / Advantages: Weakness would be Nature, Fire and Ice. Advantages is depending in how dense the user makes the bark.

• Fruit Name: Bark-Bark fruit: Mythical Zoan. Model-Bark-monster
  • Type: Zoan
  • Visuals: Olive Coconut
  • Brief Description of the granted power: The user of Bark-Bark fruit will be able to transform into a Bark Monster. He will become Bark monster.
  • Abilities:
    1. Bark-Bark terraformation: the user can terraform the area around him controlling every plant in 50 met. radius which can cut, thrust, tied anything in that area causing ferocious damage.
    2. Bark-Bark transformation: the user can transform into a Bark monster which increases his size, physical strength, speed, regeneration, grants power of photosynthese.
    3. Bark-breath: the user can produce resin that can burn.
  • Weaknesses/Advantages: almost no physical attack can damage the user. The user can catch anything thrown to him throw back.

Name: Bark Bark Fruit

Type: Logia

Visuals: A transparent watermelon

Brief description of the granted power: User becomes a bark-glass human and gains logia intangibility. Although glass is commonly thought to be a man made material, it is found in many forms in the natural world

3 potential abilities: Glass Knife - forming a large glass blade with their logia power, Burning Lens - using glass to create giant lenses to focus the suns rays into a deadly beam, Perspex Shield - a protective layer of ultra thick bulletproof glass to be used as a shield

advantages and weaknesses -

Fruit Name Bark-Bark fruit
Type: hmmm maybe parmecia
Visuals Kiwi/with purple center.
Brief Description of the granted power: user gains ability to harden there skin like tree trunk. (bark skin) (wood)

3 potential abilities to showcase your Idea of the fruit.

1. Bark Bark user can make there skin harden like tree bark (wood)
2. Bark Bark user can make the bark of their skin extend/grow to reach long distance (like extra limb that can be broken off,)
3. Bark Bark user has faster recovery, because bark/wood can be peeled off, to regrow new bark/skin. meaning no scars/damage on their skin if they get burned/stabbed etc.

Weaknesses/Advantages: weak against fire/ice because there wood. Advantage can tank blows/attacks and absorb bullet shots/shells because bark skin is thick/strong like bullet vest.

• Bark-Bark Fruit
  • Paramecia
  • Its appearance is a red fruit shaped like a banana with various dog paws.
  • The user will be able to generate a sonic attack which resembles the sound of a growling dog.
  • Great Growl: User's most powerful ultrasonic attack. He releases an extremely concentrated and destructive ultrasonic ball (in the size of a cannonball), growling like a mad dog during its trajectory. It is more than powerful to blast and destruct anything in its path.
  • Bark of Silence: The user generates a stream of vengeful demonic cry with extremely high decibels. The intensity of the sound is enough to cause internal bleeding and allowing it to slow down or silence its opponents.
  • Howling of the Wolves: The user uses his hands in order to generate an extremely compressed sonic slashes in the form of a pack wolves trying to devour its targets. The sound it channels comes from the name itself.
  • Weaknesses/Advantages: distance from the user. It also lessens the damage if the enemy user ear plugs for sound based attacks. The advantage is its unpredictability and range of the attack.

• Fruit Name : Bark-Bark Fruit
  • Type : Paramecia
  • Visuals : Maroon Conifer Cone (opened)
  • Brief Description of the granted power : The user can create a protective coating out of inanimate material through touch
  • 3 potential abilities to showcase your Idea of the fruit :
Bark-Bark Bolster : The user coats themselves with an inanimate material. The amount of coating is limited to the amount of material.
Bark-Bark Bash : The alters the coating to form a blunt weapon at a striking point.
Bark-Bark Bullet : The user whips a small amount of coating material off in the form of a piercing projectile.

• Weaknesses/Advantages : Coating retains properties of material used (i.e. a wooden coating is flammable, a metal coating can rust)

• Fruit Name - Bark-Bark Fruit
  • Type - Special Paramecia
  • Apple - Brownish color
  • User of this ability can turn his skin into a hard bark. He can manipulate his body at will and encase it in hard bark - Like Katakuri but instead of mochi it is bark
  • Abilities
    • Bark Shield - Mold your first into a big sturdy bark shield.
    • Bark Prison - Extend your fingers as barks and trap your target
    • Bark Man - Encase your body in bark. Gain increase in defensive power at the cost of speed.
    • Awakening - You gain control to manipulate bark around you, create it out of nowhere.
    • Awakening Ability - Flying Bark - Creating bark around create a ship out of it and ram it into your enemy
  • Weaknesses - Fire. Anything combustible can greatly damage it
  • Strengths - High Durability and Constructs creation

Thanks to all participants!!!!
All of you did a great job!!!

Now its time for everyone to pic their favourite versions of the Bark Bark fruit!!!

Enjoy reading them and vote!!!

In this event I will tell you the name of a potential Devil Fruit and you have to let your fantasy run wild thinking which properties fits perfect to the given name!

The winner won't be just a Winner, the Devil Fruit he creates will get immortalized in the
One Piece Roleplay section of this forum!
Suitable for RP is not
a criteria for the Event, a PM with the Game Masters @Ziosa, @Ranger, @Dragomir and @joby will be opened after the event to balance the Devil Fruit if needed.

Now I think it is time to reveal the Name of the Devil Fruit for the first MyDF-event!!!
Bark-Bark fruit

To take part in this event you have to open a PM with me and send me your entry.
The entry should contain following informations:
  • Fruit Name (given, small variations possible but have to be verified by host)
  • Type (Paramecia, Zoan or Logia)
  • Visuals (Fruit Type, color)
  • Brief Description of the granted power
  • 3 potential abilities to showcase your Idea of the fruit
  • Weaknesses/Advantages (if any)
To get a better feeling her ist an example based on the Devil Fruit of our beloved MC
  • Fruit Name: Gum-Gum Fruit
  • Type: Paramecia
  • Visuals: Violet Yubari King
  • Brief Description of the granted power: The user of the Gum-Gum will be able to stretch his body like rubber. He will become a Rubber-Man.
  • Abilities:
    1. Gum-Gum Pistol: The user stretches his arm back then throws a devasting punch.
    2. Gum- Gum Whip: The user stretches his leg and kicks in wide circle
    3. Gear 3: The user bites in his thumb joint to blow air into his bones which inflates his arm. He then able to Transfer the air through the entire body. This increase the area of effect and the damage output of attacks
  • Weaknesses/Advantages: Bullets and punches have no effects in the user cause they are Rubber. Bullets will be fired back.

All other infos you can find in the MyDF-info thread.

I will stop gathering entries on
06/30, 12 pm (CET)

General questions about the Event and the rules are welcome in this thread, but for specific questions regarding your idea plz open a PM with me.

I wish everyone a lot of fun at this event!!!

Last edited:

Ziosa

Salutations
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
never asked in the pm but is it allowed to changed the name for stuff like zoan models, we used to have this rule before. so for an example ill use one i did; the theme was knight knight and i was allowed to change it to insect insect fruit, model: knight bug

this is mainly for the overall thing

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Welcome to the first
Make your Devil Fruit event
here on Thriller Bark!!!

In this event I will tell you the name of a potential Devil Fruit and you have to let your fantasy run wild thinking which properties fits perfect to the given name!

The winner won't be just a Winner, the Devil Fruit he creates will get immortalized in the
One Piece Roleplay section of this forum!
Suitable for RP is not
a criteria for the Event, a PM with the Game Masters @Ziosa, @Ranger, @Dragomir and @joby will be opened after the event to balance the Devil Fruit if needed.

Now I think it is time to reveal the Name of the Devil Fruit for the first MyDF-event!!!
Bark-Bark fruit

To take part in this event you have to open a PM with me and send me your entry.
The entry should contain following informations:

All other infos you can find in the MyDF-info thread.

I will stop gathering entries on
06/30, 12 pm (CET)

General questions about the Event and the rules are welcome in this thread, but for specific questions regarding your idea plz open a PM with me.

I wish everyone a lot of fun at this event!!!
You mean bark like dog bark?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You mean bark like dog bark?
Sure you can make DF based on bark in the sense of "dog bark", but also is the sense of "bark of a tree" or in the sense of the "ship type bark".
(https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/bark
There one can look up definitions of bark.)

Everything that fits the name Bark-Bark Fruit will be accepted.
[automerge]1591370142[/automerge]
Btw all of you can start a pm with me as soon as you decided to take part on work on your entry until deadline is over!
[automerge]1591383879[/automerge]
After a few entries missed that the Devil Fruit have to be the "Bark-Bark fruit" I decided to remove the hiding spoiler :weirdpeep:
(That was my fault)

Especially for Zoans you also add small variations.
Example could be King-King Fruit -> Snake-Snake Fruit, model: King Cobra

Thats stuff I would accept.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Short reminder submitting fast going to end soon!

So if you want to participate open a pm with then I give additional 24h to work in it :)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Entries are up, time to vote!!!

I am quite suprise neither "dog" bark entry with thrilling bark ability nor a "tree" bark entry with creating a bark (ship) :weirdpeep:
Nevertheless the entries are great!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom