Chapter Discussion One Piece 1001: The decisive Battle of Monsters on Onigashima

Rate the Chapter

• Awesome

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• Average

• Meh

• Poor

• Awful

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Thats exactly what I am thinking. That would also mean Kaidou and Big Mom could fught each other endlessly with them not really being able to hurt each other :blobthinkhappy:
I believe in the official it's going to be be hurt instead of fight

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Anyone else thinks that Xebec resembles Dragon more and more with each reveal?

Amazing chapter! I liked the comedy and finally we get this fight and named abilities used. This is it guys! We all waited for this! :pepecute:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm starting to think Dragon is the son of Rocks, making Luffy sorta Rocks' grandchild. But then, I also suspect none of the Monkey clan are related at all. They just keep adopting kids haha.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Amazing chapter! I liked the comedy and finally we get this fight and named abilities used. This is it guys! We all waited for this! :pepecute:
That Garp raised Dragon like he raised Ace and Luffy? Would explain why Roger put so much trust in Garp.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That Garp raised Dragon like he raised Ace and Luffy? Would explain why Roger put so much trust in Garp.
or Xebec and Garp were raised together when they were young

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well, Dragon was is 55 right now, and God Valley was 38 years ago. So Dragon was already 17 back then. You can't really raise a 17 year old.
Shanks, Buggy or Blackbeard are more likely as Xebecs sons. They were 1 and 2 years old back then. Maybe they are brothers?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I should also mention that I don't think Captain Rocks is the original, just someone carrying the torch, so to speak. Sorta like how Yamato intended to carry one Oden's legacy by literally adopting his identity. The Captain Linlin, Kaido, and Whitebeard ran with was Lady Liberty.

Remember how spiky Rocks' hair appeared in one blurry silhouette? The grim looking masthead?

Underworld Goddess Hecate

+

=

Rocks D. Anne aka Roxanne the pirate wife or whatever of Rocks D. Ace.

AceAnne --> Iason --> Aeson --> Jaxon --> Jackson --> Jason, as in Jason and the Argonauts

Etymology of Jason

Something like this

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well, Dragon was is 55 right now, and God Valley was 38 years ago. So Dragon was already 17 back then. You can't really raise a 17 year old.
Shanks, Buggy or Blackbeard are more likely as Xebecs sons. They were 1 and 2 years old back then. Maybe they are brothers?
You are right! (And I think I had the same discussion already)

I still prefer Rocks D Shanks over Rocks D Teach.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Don't think Teach is a Rocks. He might be under the impression he is, but the answer will surprises him. And make a certain "prophecy" of Roger's come true.

Shanks is def a Rocks. But then there were probably a whole branching family tree of Rocks bros/clansmen, based on the famous Redbeard brothers. Snow White had 7 Dwarves, in One Piece Rose Red had 7 Giants/Dwarves: Little John, Long John Slivers aka Captain John, Honest John, Johnny Appleseed, John the Baptist aka Silver Axe aka Ginbu, Captain Ace Jackson something, Dr. Jack the Ripper yadda yadda. Haven't settled on the particulars, but I stand by the framework.

Shanks was basically a child of some Leif Erikson/Erik the Red type from the Rocks family. So was Buggy Slivers and his relative Slivers Raleigh. I mean Silvers. Shhhhh.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Xebec Dragon Mom lol

• Haha
Reactions: Rej

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Page 3...

🤣

Also can I go super girly in y'all for a moment? Cus I am. All the Captains have Captain jackets! :love: Kid and Law's are super extra being all feathery and floofy but even Luffy still has his jacket on! And I LOVE it. 😁
Ok now I need to get beyond page 3... will edit update when done.

:LOL: pirate squabbles. And Zoro having to yell at Luffy. Oh it's nice to see these kinds of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Page 3...

🤣

Also can I go super girly in y'all for a moment? Cus I am. All the Captains have Captain jackets! :love: Kid and Law's are super extra being all feathery and floofy but even Luffy still has his jacket on! And I LOVE it. 😁
Ok now I need to get beyond page 3... will edit update when done.

:LOL: pirate squabbles. And Zoro having to yell at Luffy. Oh it's nice to see these kinds of things.
The jackets rly look powerful. They are a nice upgrade. I think the jacket is essential for this kind of powerlevels in one piece. :sarcasticshottie:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Most interesting thing about this whole chapter was probably Kaido's inclusion of Shanks into the great ones. Confirming what we already savely knew and that is that of the OG Yonko Shanks/Whitebeard are on a class of their own, hence why they were portrayed as equals during their clash. Not even Rayleigh is counted as one of the Great Ones, showing that Shanks is not only a modern copy of him but even surpasses him in his prime in a meaningful way.

Zoro being surprised by Luffy's attack is very curious. If Luffy would have used Goken Zoro shouldn't be surprised because he must be familiar with it. Meaning that Luffy is more likely using "Implosion Flowing" a kin to what he did to the tree right before the war started. He is still in base form kinda so it makes sense why he thinks Goken might not be good enough without G4(Luffy can damage Kaido with g2/g3+Implosion flowing or g4+Goken/+possibly additionally Implosion Flowing for max armament haki damage). That Kid is clueless is even more puzzling though, so he only mastered Goken and not "Implosion Flowing" at all? Little disappointing and Zoro shouldn't have as much trouble to cut Kaido either. If Kinemon can do it and Zoro has mastered the same haki+ has Enma, hello????? Also, Zoro=Killer? Yikes Oda, power consistancy is all over the place rn.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Zoro's swordsmanship is still lacking in many ways. Like many of his fellow Strawhats, he's forgotten a few important things that're going to contribute to a crushing defeat. In his case, part of this will stem from relying too much on Enma and its power. Worse, he'll be so hellbent on relying on his sword/pure power that he'll probably end up chipping or flat out shattering Enma against....Kaido's very sturdy back -- probably one the hardest part of his body when he starts going full out.

Strawhats in general are going to require a significant amount of...let's call it reforging, physically, mentally, spiritually.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Zoro=Killer? Yikes Oda, power consistancy is all over the place rn.
I mean... has Oda EVER been consistent with power levels? 🤣
Every arc there's mutterings about PL not following what fans thought and every arc people are like ":poggers: this doesn't make sense!"
People haven't learned yet that scaling will never be logical in One Piece.
:sarcasticshottie:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The way Kaido and Big Mom emphasized on what it meant to be a Pirate King . They really did admire Roger ,i guess .
Kaido acknowledging Luffy and including him in a group of GREAT PIRATES maybe a foreshadowing to his promise to return the Straw Hat to Shanks or you know who dies :kermithesith: . Neither kaido nor Big Mom has ever remarked on the hat , I wonder why .

With the scabbards down so easily (who had tons of practise using Ryou) I don't think this would not be a even fight for Luffy & co ,with Luffy being the only one able to hurt Kaido so far. They need help . Either way I don't see a good ending for Wano(Punk Hazard vibes)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 1001 Review
-Palindromic numbers, y'all!
-Always nice to see Jinbe on a cover page request
-Big Mom is angy
-Zoro, Kid, and Killer are surprised by Luffy's new haki
-Law wants to say something
-Kaido thinks about those who can hurt him... Rocks, Roger, Whitebeard, Oden, Shanks. It's probably not intended as an exhaustive list of who could fight Kaido, but as an illustration of who comes to Kaido's mind. It's probable that there are others who could fight him but they do not come to his mind or they have not fought him
-Kaido with that cheeky grin, he wants to have some fun with this
-Luffy almost dodges Thunder Bagua but is still partially hit
-Big Mom comes in, Zoro then cuts Prometheus with Kin'emon's technique. He says he stole it, I wonder if he observed Kin'emon in a similar way to the Scabbards observing Oden
-Zoro tells Luffy not to lose focus, causing him to lose focus
-Law wants to make a point that he is no-one's subordinate, Luffy doesn't see why it matters, and Kid brushes them both off as losers
-Luffy comes up with a stupid contest, and while at first Law and Kid have none of it, Luffy's taunt is all it takes for them to indulge him
-The following faces are funny at first read, but the before and after make the scene to me
-Kid drips from a different nostril than Luffy and Law
-Zoro scolds the captains for messing around
-Kaido wants to see what his opponents can do
-Killer and Zoro bicker over their capabilities
-They dent the skin without any serious damage
-Kid, Luffy, and Law unleash attacks
-I don't care what Kid calls his mecha, I call it "Branky" :dogkek:
-Kaido actually acknowledges Luffy, Kid, and Law
-Kid tries to crush Kaido, Luffy attacks as expected, Law delivers a speech about being surgical
-Luffy strikes with Kong Gun, Kid smashes with Punk Vise, Law... crushes Kaido with rocks? Not exactly what he said, but the fight's only just starting, he can deliver on his word later
-Big Mom is laughing, presumably because she knows their attacks did nothing to affect Kaido
-Kaido's back in his dragon form, and making threats against the captains

A very action-oriented chapter, yet somehow it feels very eye-of-the-storm as opposed to beginning-of-the-end. Perhaps that has something to do with the other fights having yet to be resolved, but it seems like whatever happens next will determine the course of this arc. I wonder where the fight goes from here.

This was more or less my review of One Piece Chapter 1001, thank you for reading if you chose to do so.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The way Kaido and Big Mom emphasized on what it meant to be a Pirate King . They really did admire Roger ,i guess .
I think there's a lot more to it. There's still many untold stories yet to tell as it relates to Roger and his merry band. I suspect it wasn't all happy-go-lucky fun adventures and smiles all around. Why would they be any different than Oden or say the Strawhats when it comes to the amount of sacrifices and hardships they've had to go through ( and will continue to go through as the story progresses )?

As the Strawhats begin their true descent into hell in the upcoming months, I figure we might also get some insight into the many sacrifices and heartaches Roger and Co. experienced following their accomplishment. One has to wonder how many of their friends and loved ones paid the price for their actions. For one, I doubt Rouge was Roger's only baby mama; I suspect the dude ( and several others, not just Big Mom ) was a manho looking to make as many babies as possible with all the ladies in his life. Problem was what came after, with the WG going all King Herod in an attempt to purge his bloodline.

For all his grousing, I think Ace may have been one of the lucky ones, lemme just say that. Not the only one...but one of them. Rouge, Tom, they weren't the only ones to suffer persecution for the "sins" of the Roger Pirates.

Big Mom would certainly know, what with her own insidious methods for manipulating people by targeting their families.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

I think we all need to stop reading the unofficial translation and just wait it out. Everytime I am confused about something in a chapter or think "what, they revealed that just like that?" its almost always BS. Zoro knows exactly what kind of haki Luffy is using but just asks himself is if he learned that from the old man? Of course, he has mastered Goken in the TS and he understands it exactly. The same is true for appearently Killer and Law, who aren't surprised either. Only Kid doesn't get it because he never mastered Goken and wasn't there during the training. He learned some kind of CoC technique from his encounter with Shanks and Kaido that isn't strictly physical. Such valuable and sensable information but the translations really mess up the understanding of the community. Remember thinking Flowing in general was "advanced armament haki" when basically noobs can use it and not the Shanks/Rayleigh technique that can even destroy things from the inside? I think people still believe to this day that Flowing is "advanced armament haki" :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think there's a lot more to it. There's still many untold stories yet to tell as it relates to Roger and his merry band. I suspect it wasn't all happy-go-lucky fun adventures and smiles all around. Why would they be any different than Oden or say the Strawhats when it comes to the amount of sacrifices and hardships they've had to go through ( and will continue to go through as the story progresses )?
We do get some snippets of that adventure ,Roger was a charismatic guy. I was relating to that fact itself . And my point was how Roger instills admiration in his enemies like Luffy does . Roger's adventures might have been how he gets admiration from all Yonkos and some Marines,well it must be it . I don't see any other way . He most likely did save some countries like Luffy has done .
I see Kaido admiring Roger mostly because of his strength . Even being misanthrope that he is , he did spare the Scabbards when Oden made that absurd challenge . He has berated Momonosuke for how he is so unlike his father . But we still haven't seen Kaido's backstory yet ,so there is still that . I think in the coming chapters he will do the same with Luffy and Roger . Who knows he may drag Dragon in it .

As the Strawhats begin their true descent into hell in the upcoming months, I figure we might also get some insight into the many sacrifices and heartaches Roger and Co. experienced following their accomplishment. One has to wonder how many of their friends and loved ones paid the price for their actions. For one, I doubt Rouge was Roger's only baby mama; I suspect the dude ( and several others, not just Big Mom ) was a manho looking to make as many babies as possible with all the ladies in his life. Problem was what came after, with the WG going all King Herod in an attempt to purge his bloodline.
We may get more of Roger and his crew but only relevant ones , most of it will be the incident of GodValley .
I think Oda may vaguely hint that like he did with the relationship of Doflamingo and Viola,if he intends to portray Roger in such a way .
Also he did portray Rayleigh and Oden to be a womaniser , won't be much of a leap he does the same with Roger . But I don't think he will .

Many theories have floated as how he intended his heir to finish his dream . The root of these set of theories came from his conversation with Whitebeard after finding Raftel, Whitebeard raising Ace and how WB denying Blackbeard of being worthy of Roger's successor .
Roger knew Garp would be willing and had the capacity to raise Ace under his wing . So Roger not asking that for his other kids seems a bit off considering his character .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom