Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 990
Title: A Lone Force

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
Mangasail, Onepiecechapters

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 990 QUICK SUMMARY
Sasaki was freed by Kaido's crew. Queen instructs the rest of the flying six to defend the strawhat alliance and cancelled the capturing Yamato reward. Strawhat alliance was hold by 2 giants. Meanwhile X Drake was suspected to help Law's escape and labelled as traitor. He escaped and helped the strawhat alliance

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I wonder what Oda wants him here for like, what ending would be suitable for him ? he was defeated like twice ? but came back there seems to be more to his story we should know before he gets defeated for good, maybe it's about fishman island or something
I think if he is 1 oon 1 vs jinbe that would create that backstory
[automerge]1599825086[/automerge]
or along with Sasaki

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I wonder what Oda wants him here for like, what ending would be suitable for him ? he was defeated like twice ? but came back there seems to be more to his story we should know before he gets defeated for good, maybe it's about fishman island or something
imho he will come back and come back again and again until everyone else is defeated, he has the comitment and I feel he will be the example to show us on how a tribal zoan awakening will look like, when Jack goes into a mad rage and becomes a rampaging mammoth tearing down everything on it's way

Damn I underestimated X-Drake

this arc is clearly now meant to parallel Roger + Garp vs Rocks

let’s gooooo!
oh gosh I am now so hyped with Drake! this is the start of a friendship and I especially loved the Koby snippet we saw, it makes 100% sense, Oda did 100%+ this time!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think that 1% prediction is for Luffy or Law (hope not) !! Now we have 4 supernova captains (Luffy , Kidd , Law and Drake) if two of them engaged with calamities and Marco buy some time against BM then this raid have actual chances of winning..
Inu and Neko will defeat Jack for sure , in their second encounter. And I'm glad that they r the one who r facing Jack (which I predicted in prediction thread) . However i still believe that Kaido will low diff scabbards...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think that 1% prediction is for Luffy or Law (hope not) !! Now we have 4 supernova captains (Luffy , Kidd , Law and Drake) if two of them engaged with calamities and Marco buy some time against BM then this raid have actual chances of winning..
Inu and Neko will defeat Jack for sure , in their second encounter. And I'm glad that they r the one who r facing Jack (which I predicted in prediction thread) . However i still believe that Kaido will low diff scabbards...
I think it's Luffy. Remember that Hawkins have once said that it's strange that Luffy's chance of survival never goes to zero

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Funny "coincidence" that X-Drake took down Number 10.

Based on context I would guess the 1% refers to Luffy. Especially Drakes comment "all hope is not lost" could be seen as hint.
(My bet this will be answered after the War)

Most interisting question for me "What is X-Drakes Job?".

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Most interisting question for me "What is X-Drakes Job?".
Update the marines on Kaido's activities, the state of Wano, and possibly find out WG's involvement with Wano.
But now that he has become the new SH nakama, his job is to build a better relationship between SH & marines. :sarcasticshottie:
Aaannd, considering Drake will be around when the SHs are fighting, post-Wano bounty update is surely confirmed!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Knowing SWORD is still active , and have missions to complete means their boss is still in authority. I do believe it's Sengoku. Just like Corozon I guess Drake is also under him (he was orphan too) and Tsuru was there (after his father's death) .

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So Hawkins was referring to either Luffy or Law when he said ‘that man’. If it really is Law... big death flags that have been speculated about since Dressrosa. So I hope he meant Luffy 😭.

Black Maria really didn’t seem to fussed about Kings message.. I wonder what she’s doing.

One thing about Wano is that the matchups are CONSTANTLY changing. Even within this chapter we expected WW x Drake vs Queen which changed in the same chapter to WW x Hawkins x Queen vs Drake which changed to Drake X Luffy vs Numbers. This has been happening ALL THE TIME in Onigashima. I wonder what we’re gonna see next!

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I like the idea of Drake being a device to mend relationships between Navy (Sword) and SHPs. In the end it will be a W for Koby in this sense, Drake had only one way out and he remembered how Koby feels about the SHPs.
I think both parties will like it since I don't think that Drake could be that complicated as character. Luffy also never really had a complicated relationship with Smoker, even tho Smoker is more complicated as a character.

Btw this is Luffy's Rally as I ever predicted it.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Also note that Drake said he was alone in this.. so there were no plans for any Marines to come to Wano unless he calls for help. I don’t imagine he will though because I feel like only SWORD knows he is a marine and SWORD probably has limited members who are probably busy already (ie Coby w Boa)

I guess if Luffy wins this war he will also have the backing of SWORD and therefore have direct allies in the Marines to help in the final arcs.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ya know what? I think that Drake is the first Marine to have had the specific intention of fighting alongside Luffy, aside from Smoker at Punk Hazard, but Drake seems less begrudging about possibly allying with a Pirate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece 990:
-Ten chapters away from 1000
-Happy Pez makes up for the continuation of this cover story
-Sasaki is free
-Kaido is on standby
-Sulong Minks fighting the beast pirates
-The scabbards are also on standby, signifying that both are probably waiting for the path to each other to be clear
-Inu and Neko Sulong silhouetted, probably means their forms will be highlighted in a future chapter
-King and Queen banter as Queen tries to piece together what happened in Udon
-Drake talks to Hawkins about betrayal, and the chance of a certain man surviving until tomorrow
-The Tobi Roppo now have a new mission, to stop the intruders
-Ulti and Page One banter
-Who Who's approaches Drake, says they're going to kill someone, and that they're going to see Queen
-Some more chaotic action panels (samurai vs. beast pirates)
-Fukurokuju goes off somewhere, to Hotei's confusion
-The samurai think they can fight the numbers, but soon realise the task is too much for them to handle
-Zoro slices Goki's club, Jinbe catches the end, and Luffy talks up the power of the numbers, though talking up his crew even further
-"He looks just like a guardian deity" ~Hyogoro :dogkek:
-Drake is beaten, and Who's Who and Queen suspect him of letting Law escape
-This leads to Hawkins adding his opinion, Drake realising who they wanted to kill, and Queen and Who's Who confirming it
-Queen wants information from Drake, who refuses to give it up
-An explosion gives Drake the chance to escape, he takes it, while thinking about where he can go next
-Drake begins to attack Juki (I suppose then that the number's laugh should have been ju-ki-ki then, to differentiate from Jaki's ja-ki-ki)
-The named attack X Calibur hits Juki at the same as Luffy's Kong Gun hits Goki
-Drake thinks back to Coby's word, and uses it as a measure to have hope in Luffy
-The title drops here as Drake asks to join Luffy's fight against Kaido

Pretty nice chapter to answer some things and set up others. Looking forward to seeing where Drake becoming an ally goes, hoping not to see a repeat of Yamato as they are now in the thick of it, and I want the pace to ramp up here as we potentially start to get matchups for the Straw Hats and their allies.

This was more or less my review of One Piece Chapter 990, thank you for reading if you chose to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom