Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 992
Title: Remnants

Support One Piece by subscribing to the new all access Shonen Jump released by VIZ or read the chapter for free on Monday on their website or phone app (if available in your region). For those who do not have access to VIZ can read the last 6 chapters on Shueisha's Manga Plus.
CHAPTER IS OUT ON
readonepiece

ONE PIECE CHAPTER 992 QUICK SUMMARY
SHs are eating on the sea train on the color spread. Zoro is eating noodles from a bowl with a dragon painting on it. Foreshadowing?
Temporary alliance between Perospero and Marco ended, as BM convinced Perospero to follow her orders.
Carrot is going after Perospero to avenge Pedro with Wanda following her.
Black Maria is chilling with her followers, while playing her instrument that would become the background music of the battle between Kaido and Scabbards.
Kaido and Scabbards finally went head to head. The Scabbards owned Kaido, with Kawamatsu being the only one who took damage.
The chapter ended with Inuarashi, Denjiro, Kinemon, Asura simultaneously attacked Kaido's weak spot using Oden's "Tougen Totsuka".

Please avoid posting one-word/one-liner comments such as "great chapter!" or "awesome, I'll read it later!" and ensure that you contribute to the discussion with your content!

Thanks for being a part of the TB community!

Last edited:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:pepethinking: perospero and marco indeed are suspicious, but what Marco said makes sense and it reflects the scabbards philosophy, it is great
Oda shows how the Yonko are not capable of understanding it this far and this will be partially a reason for their fall

Carrot vs Perospero incomming, this means people who cover her might face Big Mom too

and wow! the scabbards reopening Kaido's scar is like the sickest shit in this battle
so I will expect Kaido to transform back and be overwhelmed, we will see a fully wound Kaido, but then he gotta show us his hidden strenght, or I will declare Kaido as shit simply.

Scabbards go! 10/10 chapter:pepemusic:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think this chapter pretty much reveals how black blades are made ( also undistracteble ponegliphs) and confirms my idea of how black blades were created.

Here's a clue for you guys.​

"Sushi still has Ryuma's haki in it even though Ryuma died around 400 years ago."
Now think about it and why Kaido can't realize why scabbards can hurt him even though they're not as strong as Oden?

Kaido knows what Ryou is and I'm pretty sure he has it, and fought against characters who had it but yet, he's surprised second time that the scabbards can hurt him.

Have you ever asked yourself why red ponegliphs are red?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
and wow! the scabbards reopening Kaido's scar is like the sickest shit in this battle
Raizo using his ninja scroll to counter Boro's Breath is my favourite moment in this chapter. Gave off that HUGE pro move vibe like in MOBAs.
My god. I can't wait to see all of this being animated. It's easily my favourite Wano fight so far. :pepeexcited:

Now think about it and why Kaido can't realize why scabbards can hurt him even though they're not as strong as Oden?
Hm...Ryou sticks with the weapon the longer it is used? Making it stronger overtime?
So even though the weapon's user isn't that strong, the ryou-imbued weapon can still deal crazy damage.

Kaido knows what Ryou is and I'm pretty sure he has it
Meaning Kaido's black mace is a subtle sign that his mace is imbued with ryou too?

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I believe the Technique they are using is similar to Enma
The difference is that Enma steal the User's Haki by Force & needs to be Tamed
We all know Haki can be imbued into Weapons however the general belief is that when the User does that, Haki returns to him once he is done
It's like Sword simply functions as an additional Limb or Body Part

But what if the Swords don't return the Haki they consume from the User, they start to have their own Haki/Energy obviously
And Oda teased this so much! in Loguetown, when Zoro bought 2 new Swords, the Shop Owner/Tashigi explained Cursed Swords, they described them as independent beings who change based on their Users (Previous ones)
And we had many moments where Zoro felt the presence of Swords such as when Chopper came to his Rescue in Water 7

Where i'm trying to get here is that the Swords not only can be imbued with Haki, but they can be fed Haki to remain inside
What we are seeing here is 20 Years of Scabbards Will/Haki/Energy fed into their Swords

If we talk about how Strong is their Haki the moment they release it then it's not that impressive, it's not that Unique, even Characters like Vergo could have Greater Haki, however imagine 20 Years of feeding your Sword with Haki, & look how effective it is against Strongest Creature
(In other words, the User have a Fixed Haki Power but the Sword's Haki is Equal to the Cumulative Haki they fed it over time)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Chapter almost only focused on Scabbards vs Kaido which leads me to believe this is the Chapter that represents Number 9 & it still fits since Previous Chapter also mostly focused on Drake who represents Number 10

So if my Theory is correct then Chapter 1000 represents 01
Hopefully next Chapter we get to see Orochi again

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure Oda drew this BM/Marco Conversation just to mention the Phrase "Dead Men Tell No Tales" since it's a Must in Pirate Story.
It's also interesting how Big Mom told Perospero to trust her on the Alliance she made, it didn't seem to me like she said that because she Trusts Kaido but more like she have a Plan!

Black Maria doesn't seem interested in the Fight, so there are two options here, either she won't get involved in this War at all & Oda only wanted to introduce her now because she have a Role Post-Arc or someone will pick a Fight with her which begs the question, Who? & Why?
Robin is best Candidate to fight her but the only thing she would pick a fight for would be Poneglyph or they know each other.
Or maybe she will fight Yamato for some reason which is very possible

Raizo showed Amazing Technique & said that there is no Attack he can't Absorb with his Scrolls & we will definitely believe him since he just absorbed a Yonko's Powerful Attack. It should also be noted that it's said he Rivals Fukurokuju so the latter seems to be Very Strong too

That Short Flashback further confirms what was already obvious, all 9 Scabbards were Equals in Strength however due to Time Travel Half of them become Stronger

Inu & Neko due to their Sulong they become Stronger for a Short Period & i believe Kawamatsu is the Middle Man because he was Imprisoned for so long so i'd rank them like this:

1. Inu - Neko
2. Denjiro - Ashura
3. Kawamatsu
4. Kin'emon - Raizo - Kiku - Kanjuro

I believe this Chapter marked Scabbards Best Performance & that last Scene was the Greatest Attack that not only they could Deliver but also that Kaido ever took in his Life so the hard truth is "This is Far as they get" !!

But knowing Oda, i highly doubt we will see Kaido & Scabbards next Chapters, we will now get a look back at SHs & their Fights.
Once we see the Roof again, it will be Kaido overpowering them & being Serious

There should be some Casualties imo among the Scabbards so let's check which ones have the Highest Chance of dying:

Inu & Neko are getting along now but it still doesn't change the fact that Zou have Two Kings now so it's highly possible one of them will Die & i lean most towards Inurashi for many reasons (Neko is the last to arrive, it's a little annoying that he dies so fast & we already lost Pedro who was a Guardian which means if Neko dies, there won't be any Character to lead the Guardians really + Neko is more Unique in his fighting Style)

For some reason, Oda decided that Kiku is the one who defeats Kanjuro even though most expected it to be Kin'emon, could it be that Oda wanted to give her an exclusive moment to shine before she is forced to share this fight with others because he is planning to kill her?
I think it's possible especially with Izo there for more Drama

Ashura felt so much regret & sadness when he saw his Comrades attack Onigashima years ago & die, he is also the only one who was basically a Villain before meeting Oden, so it's possible Ashura will have a Heroic Death protecting his Friends & claiming that he will now finally rejoin his old Friends & make up for the Crimes he did in the past

Kin'emon's Death would be the most shocking out of all 9 so it's still up there, but due to how Important he is, i' believe he still needs to become the Samurai Commander of Wano & be the one who thank SHs once it's all over (Assuming this Arc ends like usually)

Raizo is the only Ninja in the Group & we have a full Arc where Minks almost died to protect him, i don't see any reason for him to die tbh.
Kawamatsu is also among the ones i can't imagine dying simply because his Story is with Characters who aren't present here, so his Death would be lackluster, not to mention he is Last Scabbard introduced (Least Screen Time)

Finally, Denjiro is considered a Traitor so it's possible Kaido will want to kill him out of everyone else but being the Yakuza Leader, last Scabbard to meet the rest & his Story is tied to Hiyori who isn't there too, then i also doubt he would die

In Conclusion, i believe Ashura, Kiku & Inurashi are the ones most likely to Die (If Oda decided to add some Deaths)
Post-Arc, Kin'emon will be Samurai Commander, Raizo will lead the Ninja, Denjiro will remain Yakuza Leader, Neko Sole King of Zou.
I don't where to put Kawamatsu, he might leave Wano & go to Fishmen Island as per Jinbe's Advice

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD

Best chapter so far!! :pepeexcited:
Raizou's jutsu was soo badass

Red scabbards nitoryu may have shown that they may have surpassed Oden all 9 together :pepethinking:

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hm...Ryou sticks with the weapon the longer it is used? Making it stronger overtime?
So even though the weapon's user isn't that strong, the ryou-imbued weapon can still deal crazy damage.
Almost... I believe that there's a thecnique/ability (that originated in Wano from Kozouki family) that allows you to imbue your haki with things (it can be anything even rock) which will stay on it even if the user dies. That ability allows you to imbue your life force=haki=will power with objects thus giving them unique abilities (I also believe this is how the cursed swords were created).

I think Oden knew that thecnique/ability and imbued his will/haki with the swords of his followers (that would mean that the scabbards are literally carrying Oden's will) which allows them to hurt Kaido. This can explain why Kaido's scar started to hurt when the scabbards first attacked Kaido and Kaido (even though for a second) felt Oden's presence/will and was scared.

There's a reason why Kaido is surprised that they can hurt him, I'm pretty sure that even his crew members like King and Queen are also capable of using Ryu but for some reason he's still surprised by it.
Meaning Kaido's black mace is a subtle sign that his mace is imbued with ryou too?
I don't know about his mace it might just be black, I never thought of Kaido having black weapon since Roger and Whitbeard didn't have.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think Oden knew that thecnique/ability and imbued his will/haki with the swords of his followers (that would mean that the scabbards are literally carrying Oden's will) which allows them to hurt Kaido. This can explain why Kaido's scar started to hurt when the scabbards first attacked Kaido and Kaido (even though for a second) felt Oden's presence/will and was scared.
Then that confirms Zoro's significance in the upcoming fight between SH-Kaido.
If the Scabbards' swords alone can give Kaido PTSD, then Zoro's Enma is going to turn Kaido into a freshly chopped dragon steak. :pepelaugh:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Man this episode in the anime will be tooooo sicl, so speechless still

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The renmant talk between Big Mom and Marco :pepethinking:

Big Mom reaction was like she realized for the first time she doesn't have to follow Xebec anymore. :weirdpeep:

It could also end up becoming a hint for another renmant of Rox Pirates appearing soon :pepeexcited:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This will be the last time the scabbards made an hit on Kaidou. Next time Kaidou will defeat the shit out of them. But think this will happen offscreen. A crushing defeat with one or more deaths and then finally Act 3 ends -> with a tragedy <-
Nice to see that BM respects Marco and asks why someone like him is helping the strawhats.
If she didnt aknowledge his strength, she couldnt care less whom Marco is helping.
Only thing remaing is Marco wiping the floor with King.
My man has had too many unfortunate defeats in the last 2 years.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Best part about this chapter is all the damage kaido took make sense. If you noticed, the scabbards that deal the most damage in this chapter is inu and neko who are sulong that is as strong as jack in their base form. Raizo's special technique was able to revert kaido's own attack back at him and the last attack was the combined power of all 9 scabbards. Oda succeeded in hyping up and showing the scabbard's worth while at the same time not making kaido look like an embarassment. This fight was very well done. Also i think next chapter would show kaido's flashback same as big mom in whole cake in which after that we'll see him fight in his human form.

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Everyone kinda freaking about Kaido getting hits, but they forget his intro. 😂 They only said in one on one fights Kaido is undefeated he's up against 9 pissed samurai.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One Piece Chapter 992:
-I really like this colour spread
-Perospero's resolve melts away when confronted with Big Mom's will - it also seems that she's implying she has some sort of plan
-Marco clarifies that the remnants of the Whitebeard Pirates are free to do what they want - which Big Mom acknowledges and respects
-Carrot saw someone, heads to avenge Pedro (presuming she saw Perospero)
-Wanda is with her... haven't seen her in a while so it's interesting to get her location confirmed now in one short panel
-A panel of Luffy running onward... okay?
-Black Maria playing a song for her ladies, alright.
-Yamato still chasing Shinobu/Momo. They really made a bad first impression :dogkek:
-Oh, that's what the song leads into, that's cool.
-Interesting contrast between the scabbards panel and Kaido's panel in this spread - they both get equal space on the page.
-Kaido's roar is lightning that cracks the battleground, in the midst of this quick shots of the scabbards preparing to fight
-Sulong Neko with the Crimson Cat Dance... then right into Kawamatsu's Kappa Style... one beautifully illustrated and choreographed attack after another... I sense a build up though as the bottom of the left page gives a little interrim - shows us that the Beast Pirates can hardly believe what they are witnessing
-Ah, and Kaido gets a hit in, slamming Kawamatsu into a rock formation :blobcorn:
-Sulong Inu comes in and uses his sword leg to stab Kaido
-What appears to be dual attacks from Kiku and Izo, a little difficult to see the effect as the panel focusses more on the scale at that point
-Kaido doesn't regard the scabbards on the same level as Oden, yet is still perplexed by their capability
-Kiku and Izo stand looking as Kaido charges up a Blast Breath
-Raizou pulls out a scroll and absorbs the blast - not even the entire scroll was needed to absorb it
-The scroll has a weird kind of scaly pattern when the attack is absorbed
-Raizou wraps the entire scroll around Kaido and unleashes his own attack against him
-The scroll is shaded before and after the attack... this is perhaps its blank state
-Once again Beast Pirates are unsure of what's even happening
-An Oden flashback explaining that the scabbards refused to learn directly from Oden, and Toki giving her hypothesis (that they would fight over who was the best student)
-Kaido wonders what the scabbards are up to - Ashura Douji, Kin'emon, Denjiro, and Inuarashi... short panels of their faces before showing us the four of them standing against Kaido... "Oden Two-Stord Style!"
-Kaido believes this to be just an imitation, charges up another Blast Breath (seems like he's been trying the same thing and expecting different results :ROFLMAO:)
-Oden trying and failing to teach his disciples Ryuo, juxtaposed with the four faces once more, and Kaido's right eye
-Paradise Totsuka... on the same wound, reopening it
-And that's where it ends! Holy moly, what a chapter!

The majority of this chapter was action between the Scabbards and Kaido. Though the beginning clarified the situation between Marco and Perospero, reaffirming the latter as an enemy in this fight, the chapter scarcely focusses on anyone else, apart from letting us know where Carrot and Wanda are, and continuing the "Luffy is going toward the battle" and "Yamato is chasing Shinobu and Momo" threads in short panels. I think the action here is excellently portrayed... a team battle is quite rare for One Piece, but in this context it makes sense... it does a lot to show the capabilities of the scabbards, that as the story has communicated, should not be underestimated, but also to show the durability and threat of Kaido. Interested to see where the story goes from here.

This was more or less my review of One Piece Chapter 992, thank you for reading if you chose to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom