ONE PIECE (2023)

Status
: Ongoing
Seasons: 1
Episodes: 8
Production Company: Tomorrow Studios
Genre: Action

Plot Summary (source: Netflix)
With his straw hat and ragtag crew, young pirate Monkey D. Luffy goes on an epic voyage for treasure in this live-action adaptation of the popular manga.

Season 1 will release on August 31, 2023.

Here is the official trailer:

There has been a lot of promotional material and news in the lead up to the release, but I shall keep this OP brief.

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Dude I am getting so hyped for this. Ive watched the trailer somewhere between 30-50 times. Everyone whos seen it is praising it. This could be it, fellas!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
dropping this here, im on vacation now and will be binging this as soon as it drops

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Some quick responses, nice to see excitement for this. Wonder if everyone was just waiting for the thread to get made?

Here's some promo stuff as I mentioned:

This is just some stuff and both of these came out in the last week. I'd post more, but I don't want to spam and also giving other people a chance to share stuff seems more appropriate than simply "Look, here's everything I've seen that has me excited! WATCH IT AND FEEL AS I DO, PUNY MORTALS!" (<- dramatization for comedic effect).

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One of the criticisms I've seen of it is that roger looks scuffed/weak/gaunt. Do poeople not remember thats how he looked, plus he gave himself up cause he was sick. Lets say he had cancer, he'd look the worst in the end if he wasn't treated

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One of the criticisms I've seen of it is that roger looks scuffed/weak/gaunt. Do poeople not remember thats how he looked, plus he gave himself up cause he was sick. Lets say he had cancer, he'd look the worst in the end if he wasn't treated
I also heard complaints about Shanks' look. But he looked like like that in the beginning anyway.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well being as my entire life is confined to a bed now, I watched all of it. Was pretty enjoyable. I like the banter and comedy scenes. And overall, enjoyed the cast. Only miss for me as far as line delivery goes, was a few of the shouting scenes.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well being as my entire life is confined to a bed now, I watched all of it. Was pretty enjoyable. I like the banter and comedy scenes. And overall, enjoyed the cast. Only miss for me as far as line delivery goes, was a few of the shouting scenes.
Agreed, on that. I loved the sets, im glad they chose not to make it all green screen. I also loved all the changes they made storywise in transition from anime to live action, at some points i found myself enjoying it alot more than when i first started one piece years ago lol. I hope a season 2 gets confirmed, i want to see them adapt the rest of the arcs

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Agreed, on that. I loved the sets, im glad they chose not to make it all green screen. I also loved all the changes they made storywise in transition from anime to live action, at some points i found myself enjoying it alot more than when i first started one piece years ago lol. I hope a season 2 gets confirmed, i want to see them adapt the rest of the arcs
I am a little worried about the CG for Chopper. But they did sort of
confirm Loguetown with the Smoker tease at the end

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I am a little worried about the CG for Chopper. But they did sort of
confirm Loguetown with the Smoker tease at the end
I don't think the cgi will be too bad, considering the sea king one was alright lol, they'll probably get an increase in budget

Top Bottom