General One Piece Live Action Discussion

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I really think that there is a big motivation from Koby's recent feat that the producers of Netflix adapted to portray him. Hence the exposure. But the Koby here was fine to me, too. He's just not as jolly as he was in the early chapters of the manga.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Tbh I was suprised about the dark atmosphere, I was expecting more comedy.

But then I realized the dark atmosphere fits quite well.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Tbh I was suprised about the dark atmosphere, I was expecting more comedy.

But then I realized the dark atmosphere fits quite well.
it's a part of One Piece actually, it has been quite dark and atmospheric early with Chouchou and Nami in their arcs.

Also the scene where Zeff and Sanji been stranded...that was not bad and has to be dark by default

but I agree, it is surprising and one of those good aspects; you have this dark toned setting but then always Inaki's smile going through and the LUffy character...I mean that is the spirit we all wanted. The charme of the world and Luffy

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
it's a part of One Piece actually, it has been quite dark and atmospheric early with Chouchou and Nami in their arcs.

Also the scene where Zeff and Sanji been stranded...that was not bad and has to be dark by default

but I agree, it is surprising and one of those good aspects; you have this dark toned setting but then always Inaki's smile going through and the LUffy character...I mean that is the spirit we all wanted. The charme of the world and Luffy
It would be dark but OP is ruined by Oda not allowing anyone not in flashbacks to die. Especially first half in manga.

Reactions: Rej

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It would be dark but OP is ruined by Oda not allowing anyone not in flashbacks to die. Especially first half in manga.
there are shounen and series where noone dies, so I think that is just nitpicking

but yeah, Oda could have been harsher with the one or other case
Pelle and Vyper pre timeskip and a handful post timeskip

I have a feeling the live action will even be worser with that aspect, we should stay prepared for let-downs if it comes to deaths in the LA

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lmao, I doubt it. Episode 4:
Merry died, didn't he?

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Script for season 2 written.
Theyve had a few meetings for season 3-6.
Theyre hoping for 12 seasons.
20230913_212701.jpg

Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So it took me a couple days to watch the LA. And I ended up watching most of it 2x. :catlaugh:
I'm ok with the story shift, but it felt like the actors emotions weren't as strong. Maybe the chemistry between the actors will get better in season 2.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Watched up to episode 4. I love it overall, even though there's a few minor things that makes me go "huh". My wife who's never watched one piece loves it.

Zoro and Usopp flashbacks were so much better done than originally. Cried during usopp's it was really good.

Nami stealing from anyone feels a little bit weird, but w/e. The build up for arlong is pretty good. Buggy actor is great. Although there's a lot of changes, I really like it overall
The zoro part really missed alot. In manga/animethere is a connection between zoro and the dojo master and there is a meaning why he got the sword. The live action removed all those.

Coby was the worst part about the show. So annoying I started skipping
For some reason i feel coby is almost good except for a few part.
Lmao, I doubt it. Episode 4:
Merry died, didn't he?
Thats one of the part i hate. But giving the boat /ship the name make more sense now 😁.

I really wanted to see the luffy fight infront of the restaurant but they just removed it.

Also for some reason i love the live action hawk 😁

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This is hilarious for Season 2

Top Bottom