General RP General Chat

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Aasimars are awesome, I'm GMing for someone running one; Fallen Aasimar Warlock. He's the descendant of the major sun deity in our world, that later ended up getting infected by an evil meteor, that basically eats away at his memories unless he absorbs other people's memories (using a homebrew version of Vampiric Touch) to satiate his patron.

I'm gonna have to look into Foundry, that looks pretty solid.
That sounds awesome! Azrael is literally just a non-paladin who acts like a paladin. He is a fanatical worshiper of Tyr. If he sees someone doing something illegal, they are dead. He got better though. He is more chill now

A meteor... I need to know more about this. Lol.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He is a fanatical worshiper of Tyr.
Perfect god for a (non-evil) fanatic. Azrael sounds rad, what's his party like?

A meteor... I need to know more about this. Lol.
It's a long story, but I can try to condense (still gonna end up being a whole TEDtalk):

So my buddy wanted his patron to be a Great Old One (but I took a homebrewy spin on it). All he knows is that his patron is from deep deep space and that the meteor from his private session 0 granted him powers alongside a curse: that he can steal memories and that if he doesn't he loses his own.

Basically an enormous cosmic entity, that existed long before the gods feeds off of memory and can store said memories essentially forever, latches onto host creatures via contact (which can either involve direct observation with the naked eye, or contact with spores that it covers meteors in). Once it has attached to a host, it eats away at the memories of the host (based on pretty high save rolls every long rest).

Sentient hosts can drain memories from other sentient creatures to satiate the patron and protect their own memories for a while.

Imlith <eem-lith> (Fallen Aasimar pc) got the double-whammy by both observing it with the naked eye and getting a dose of spores. His character is Sage-Astronomer; so using his observatory he observed what very few get to; a seemingly theoretical star that is truly something far more sinister.
I love how it runs though, it forces his character to make evil decisions that constantly pull him away from his godly heritage, further distancing himself from redemption. Perfect warlock dichotomy imo. Few things bring me as much pride as the players in my group. :catsweatcry:

I look forward to the reveal that a beloved hobgoblin character (that a different player helped in his own private session 0) was later enthralled by an Alhoon that is himself enthralled to the same being that enthralled Imlith. Minds will be blown, so help me God.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Perfect god for a (non-evil) fanatic. Azrael sounds rad, what's his party like?

It's a long story, but I can try to condense (still gonna end up being a whole TEDtalk):

So my buddy wanted his patron to be a Great Old One (but I took a homebrewy spin on it). All he knows is that his patron is from deep deep space and that the meteor from his private session 0 granted him powers alongside a curse: that he can steal memories and that if he doesn't he loses his own.

Basically an enormous cosmic entity, that existed long before the gods feeds off of memory and can store said memories essentially forever, latches onto host creatures via contact (which can either involve direct observation with the naked eye, or contact with spores that it covers meteors in). Once it has attached to a host, it eats away at the memories of the host (based on pretty high save rolls every long rest).

Sentient hosts can drain memories from other sentient creatures to satiate the patron and protect their own memories for a while.

Imlith <eem-lith> (Fallen Aasimar pc) got the double-whammy by both observing it with the naked eye and getting a dose of spores. His character is Sage-Astronomer; so using his observatory he observed what very few get to; a seemingly theoretical star that is truly something far more sinister.
I love how it runs though, it forces his character to make evil decisions that constantly pull him away from his godly heritage, further distancing himself from redemption. Perfect warlock dichotomy imo. Few things bring me as much pride as the players in my group. :catsweatcry:

I look forward to the reveal that a beloved hobgoblin character (that a different player helped in his own private session 0) was later enthralled by an Alhoon that is himself enthralled to the same being that enthralled Imlith. Minds will be blown, so help me God.
I like that meteor idea. I had a similar character once that was a Stars Druid/GOOlock. She was an avid stargazer, and one night she was looking into the stars and something stared back at her. Her deal was making everything balanced, often saying "Every Star has its place in the sky." But the star she gazed into was slowly corrupting her to think that nothingness was the true balance, and the only way to bring about nothingness was to destroy everything. She had a back and forth with her concepts of balance while the party was on a campaign wide quest to stop a necromancer from becoming a lich. It was a good time.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
oh. that thing still runs in manga? i stopped reading when they pull an alternate / post-apocalyptic shit. i didn't like that twist. lol
but Joker is still awesome tho.
I'd spoiler that if I were you, the anime isn't there yet lmao _hypejoy:
[automerge]1670663497[/automerge]
Kaka doesn't read the manga.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
No I mean I do watch it, I didn't drop it. But it's still more of a ''eh I guess I'll keep giving it a shot'' xD
How can you say that after seeing the animation being better and better with each season. _hypejoy:
[automerge]1670664635[/automerge]
My signature embodies my emotional state right now after reading that :dogkek:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
oh sorry my bad. i thought dropping spoiler in anything chat is a thing now since I have been spoiled many times here. poor me. lololol

btw that new thing in the latest one piece chapter damn.

theory
it could be related to darkness fruit's power. if desire turned out to be the cause of devil fruit and darkness fruit causes to void the power of a devil fruit, then it could be something it does in the form of awakening. :pepehmm: i really need that fruit for myself.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
oh sorry my bad. i thought dropping spoiler in anything chat is a thing now since I have been spoiled many times here. poor me. lololol

btw that new thing in the latest one piece chapter damn.

theory
it could be related to darkness fruit's power. if desire turned out to be the cause of devil fruit and darkness fruit causes to void the power of a devil fruit, then it could be something it does in the form of awakening. :pepehmm: i really need that fruit for myself.
I try to be mindful of it. Hell I even edited images part of my old fighting style since it spoiled later parts of demon slayer. :dogkek:

But you can't know who is watching what and when. It's why I tend to read the manga of most popular stuff haha.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I try to be mindful of it. Hell I even edited images part of my old fighting style since it spoiled later parts of demon slayer. :dogkek:

But you can't know who is watching what and when. It's why I tend to read the manga of most popular stuff haha.
True that. I am the type of person that even if spoiled, still got amazed once I saw the actual stuff like with Vinlandia and demon slayer

Top Bottom