Island The Azure City, Chongqing

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Once again, he was in front of another corpse, Shaarib suffered the same way the woman did. He was getting used to the pain, But something happened when he went for the 3rd door. The residual energy was too much, the memories of the women hit him at full force and the birdman fell on his knees. He couldn’t go for more than 2 of them.
With the dehydrated corpse being dragged in tow behind himself, Shaarib moved for a second door. The Skypiean was intending to take two girls in one trip at a time. As he crossed into the room a similar thirst would find the man, but now with an accompanying hunger. The vice-admiral's stomach bellowed out desperately, in truth he had not eaten in a while...But this was beyond his natural hunger, this was certainly something inherently mystical. Shaarib approached the starved body; the once-woman was reduced to nothing but skeletal remains, the bones were dry and an unoccupied cobweb was decorating her open mouth.

Sad, desperate whispers caught the vice-admiral's attention as he lifted the skeleton. Not a sound heard by Shaarib could be deciphered, the voice sounded so far away, but simultaneously only right behind him. As the skeletal body was lifted up, a thin layer of dust fell in her wake. Bones attempted to crumple in and collapse but they held together (barely) as they were relocated.

The Vice-Admiral scratched his chin, the mission go even trickier, he was going to do 4 trips back to back and he wasn’t going to be able to go trough the forest. The only option was to transform into a phoenix and risk fighting the soldiers. He had to know where to drop the women, and the only place he could do it was Li An’s. The second problem was that he couldn’t see the matron without Yuki’s remains…. Shit was going to be hard but he owed it to the spirit and the temple.
Headstrong and eager the make up his mistakes to the spirit (and the girls), The Fallen Sky pushed through his mystically inflicted fatigue. Mighty, burning wings sprouted from Shaarib Hassan as he took the form of the mythical fire bird of legends. Blue flames illuminated him and his grim surroundings once more as he lifted himself and the white, iron-cloud coffins up beneath him in his powerful talons.
As the man left through the hole in the roof, he found himself struggling against the weight due to his fatigue for but a moment, as blue fire rushed around him and he began to fly away from the temple, the torturous and psychological effects weakened on his mind and body.

Blue fire streaked through the sky above the forest, during a single flap of his wings he could briefly hear the familiar, haunting song of a wounded Devourer.
It disappeared as Shaarib attempted to focus on the sound more clearly...

The Skypiean, once more, was broadcasting himself to the night-soaked Azure City as he crossed from dirt path to cobbled streetways. Shaarib only seemed to fear a repeated failure to the temple spirit in this moment.
Shaarib fortunately made his way through Chongqing without notably alerting a single guard, he soon found himself flying above The Lower Azure City Bookhouse; where he and his comrades had met Li An.

@Cross 1er

"Fufufufufufufufufufuu..You're a pretty inquisitive woman, Yuna. I lived in the Grand Line before I joined the Silver Vampirates. Tell me more about the Azure City and what to expect?"
Yuna politely poured light-blue alcohol to a little over halfway up the slender glass. "Ooh, I've heard many stories about the Grand Line." She said, still with sense of enthusiasm. She seemed ready to ask another question of the Lunarian pirate when he asked a question of his own.

The black-haired woman smirked. "The people of Chongqing are strong and fiercely loyal to one another...And we certainly aren't afraid of any pirates." She teased Cletus with a hint of flirtation. The smell, as powerful as it was, was steadily losing potency on the pirate's olfactory senses; it was now far more delicate and less abrasive than before.
She drank a fair portion of her glass and then topped herself off then leaned backed in, face getting closer to Cletus's. "So, you're a strong crew then?" She asked, shifting back into the interrogative role.

The room around Cletus was dimly lit with paper lanterns and a few loose candles, it allowed enough light for him to make out the surroundings though. There was the large stage, risen slightly, in the center of the room, the simple (yet beautiful) chairs adorned with green fabric, the elaborately carved bar and this peculiar woman sitting right in front of him.
A small fire burned beneath a large ceramic plate, herbs and waxes simmered atop the stone while another girl (the only other person in the room aside from Cletus and Yuna) stirred at them with a tied bundle of sticks.

Should Cletus drink the alcohol, he would find it admittedly bland, but also incredibly smooth...It didn't even taste like alcohol, more like a slightly alcoholic tea.

@Mr. Anderson

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Azure City #7
@Einsauer @Gambit

As Yuna politely poured the light blue liquid into Cletus' glass, the lunarian nodded in gratitude before their conversation would resume.

"Ooh, I've heard many stories about the Grand Line." She said enthusiastically. She would smirk mischievously as she answered Cletus' second question with a small hint of flirtation. "The people of Chongqing are strong and fiercely loyal to one another...And we certainly aren't afraid of any pirates."

The Lunarian would only chuckle in response. He found that the powerful aroma was, slowly but surely, losing its hold on his senses. Perhaps being in the thick of it for long gave his body time to get used to it. Regardless, he was glad the sensory overload was over. He watched as Yuna drank a fair portion of her glass before leaning back in, her face closer to his more than ever before.

"So, you're a strong crew then?" She questioned continuing her interrogation.

The Lunarian observed his surroundings for a moment, admiring the set up of the space before downing his entire glass. The drink was smooth, yet incredibly bland. Frankly, it didn't even taste like alcohol and was more akin to a slightly alcoholic tea. He shifted his body in his seat, taking a more comfortable position before finally replying to the black haired woman.

"Of course! We're the strongest crew in all of the blues! Fufufufufu!" Cletus said proudly. The Lunarian was a newbie in the crew, but after all he had been through since joining he felt right at home. He had lost so much before, but with them his life changed. Vengeance steadily was becoming an after thought in comparison to the fellowship with his new family. But he knew every well there was more truth to uncover.

"You seem awfully interested in the seas and us pirates. How about you leave this place and join our crew? I'm sure you have never seen the world outside of this country. What better way to see it, but through the perspective of the freest people in the world?" An interesting proposal. How would Yuna respond? Cletus waited for her answer patiently. His tail unwrapped from around his waist, waving back and forth in anticipation.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shaarib arrived in Azure City apace. His mind had been so fixed on the mission, he did not even realize it. For two days, he mapped the high buildings of the city. He had planned to transform back to his human form on the outskirts of the city but he was so trapped in his thought, he went over the walls as a phoenix. The mystical bird illuminated the night and went to land on the Lower Azure City Bookhouse. He thought the house would have been empty. The music and the cheers inside were saying otherwise. Unlike the sarsaparilla seller, Li An was not afraid to keep her business open. She had an incredible influence if the soldiers were afraid to come there to stop the hullabaloo. Shaarib with his haki began to scan the building, he wanted to find Li An. The matron was in her office. The birdman took his human form and began to walk on the tiles toward it. As he went past the windows, he could hear the stupor from the women. Some had stopped dancing, clients were looking at the 3 meters tall man, especially at the two coffins following him. The birdman found the one he wanted and slid through it.

- "..."

Shaarib entered in the matron's office. He did not utter one word, he was not ready for a conversation between the two of them not until he came back with Yuki. She could probably see the numerous bandages on the Vice-Admiral's clothes. She could see how even the marine hairstyle changed but mostly the flame he had the day before in his eyes was not there anymore. The birdman deposited the two boxes, made a salute, and jumped through the window, lowering his head to hide his shame. He had things to do, 6 women were waiting for him back in the Temple. Shaarib took his bird form back and flew into the sky.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shaarib with his haki began to scan the building, he wanted to find Li An. The matron was in her office.
The vice-admiral used his limited experience with mantra to allow his gaze the ability to pierce through the beautifully carved walls. His eyes went immediately to the most likely spot to find the matron: her office. Instantly he made out the glowing outline of her figure through exterior walls of the book house, she was sat at her desk continuously bringing her hand to her lips; she was smoking feverishly.

Judging by how her hands were moving, it was clear she was not using her typical cigarette extender, instead her fingers were clenched around the bare cigarette. There was a stress to her aura that, even with his lesser expertise in observation-haki, Shaarib was able to discern...

The Skypiean lost his fiery wings and assumed his proper form, blue flames gave way to dark skin. Shaarib began his sorrowful return into the book house, he was going to confront Li An, he knew his failure was going to cause devastation. He had torched the girl he had sworn to save, and now the man needed to face down his failures. He moved forward...

A few girls were in the entry as Shaarib entered, both immediately falling from his path and allowing him to proceed directly to Madam Wen's office unimpeded and without inquiry. The young winged-man pushed through the corridor and found her door at the end of the hall. It was locked with a frail metal hook that Shaarib inadvertently broke as he attempted the door. The matron looked up with a bit of shock, but when she saw his face she calmed, but into a quiet angriness.

- "..."

Shaarib entered in the matron's office. He did not utter one word, he was not ready for a conversation between the two of them not until he came back with Yuki. She could probably see the numerous bandages on the Vice-Admiral's clothes. She could see how even the marine hairstyle changed but mostly the flame he had the day before in his eyes was not there anymore.
She looked at the coffins and watched as the damaged young man attempted to leave through her window.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She asked sourly, a puff of smoke leaving her unpainted lips. She had dark smudges of makeup beneath her eyes, streaks of prior tears running through mascara painted her cheeks.

@Cross 1er

"You seem awfully interested in the seas and us pirates. How about you leave this place and join our crew? I'm sure you have never seen the world outside of this country. What better way to see it, but through the perspective of the freest people in the world?" An interesting proposal. How would Yuna respond? Cletus waited for her answer patiently. His tail unwrapped from around his waist, waving back and forth in anticipation.
Squinted eyes accented with furrowed brows peered around towards the ceiling as Yuna released a low hum through her pouty lips. She seemed to be heavily considering Cletus' proposition as her hand found its way to her soft, feminine cheek. The dark-haired woman seemed to deliberate for some time before slyly looking back to the pirate and bursting into a delicate and ladylike laughter.
"I appreciate that offer, it truly sounds marvelous-" She interrupted herself, sipping more of her alcohol. "-unfortunately, I don't think I'm suited for the life of a pirate."

"I can hardly handle a stubbed toe." She explained with a dying chuckle.
She glanced at the foreigner's glass, judging whether he had drank any yet and if he would need more. She sighed and opened her mouth to speak: "In truth, I'm far too scared to le-" She found herself being cut off by the sudden intrusion of another girl. The lady seemed rattled.

"That marine guy is back." She said to Yuna nervously, clearly not even processing the guest sitting at the bar with the black-haired lady. "...And he's dragging coffins."
There was no sound expected, that of coffins dragging, to be heard, but there was indeed a powerful aura in this place now that Cletus would be able to sense.

@Mr. Anderson

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Azure City #8

@Einsauer @Cross 1er
With furrowed brows accompanied by squinted eyes, Yuna looked towards the ceiling as she considered Cletus' offer. Cletus raised a brow at her dramatics, as she seemed to be purposefully holding back on the answer. It was anxiety inducing to say the least. Finally she slyly looked back at the Lunarian, bursting out into a delicate feminine laughter.

"I appreciate that offer, it truly sounds marvelous...unfortunately, I don't think I'm suited for the life of a pirate." She replied sipping from her own glass.

"I can hardly handle a stubbed toe." She finished with a chuckle.

Cletus
bursted out laughing, highly amused by her answer. "Fufufufufufufufufufufuuu-Thats too bad! With the aura you give off, I'm sure there's more to you than meets the eye." He couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed, she sseemed like she would be an excellent addition to the crew. He actually liked her. He guessed it was time to refocus on the reason he was actually here.

But before he could, she sighed and continued,
"In truth, I'm far too scared to le-"
"That marine guy is back." Yuna was cut off by the appearance of one of her peers. And she seemed very shaken. So much so, that she didn't notice Cletus was there. His ears perked up at the mention of "Marine".

"...And he's dragging coffins."

There was no sound of dragging coffins that could be heard. But with his Kenbushoko Haki, the Lunarian could sense the intent of a powerful aura heading towards a specific room in the building. And not just any aura, one he briefly recognised from the Pirate Festival not too long ago.

"A Marine, huh?" The pirate rose from his seat quickly, his tail waving back and forth in excitement. "I'm sorry Yuna, but it appears we have to put our conversation on hold. This is too interesting to pass up!" Cletus sprinted through the doors of the stage room, all the way to the outside. There he saw the marine, jump out of the window before transforming into flaming blue bird. The Lunarian would reach into the pocket of his white shirt and pull out a canister marked with the letter C. Pressing a button on the side, the canister would explode in a show of bright white light. The Raid Suit, the pinnacle of Germa technology. Cletus' had undergone a slight change since leaving Briss. With the aid of the boosters on his boots, Cletus took the sky in pursuit of the Marine, following at a good enough distance that he would avoid being easily spotted.

Pulling out his Den Den Mushi, he contacted KG, who busy dozing off again back on the ship. The Giant was suddenly awoken by the
trademark sound of the transponder snail. He answered.

"Yo Cletus! Where ya been? You lucky you called, I was boutta wake up and storm this shitty joint lookin for ya!" KG said with a yawn.

"Fufufufufufufufufufu- I'm fine don't worry. There are marines here KG, don't drop your guard for nothing. I'm tailing him right now." Cletus said with a hint of cheekiness in his voice.

KG would only laugh in response. Cletus had come a long way since Disgaea, his recklessness has gotten way worse since then.
"Why tha hell are ya doing that? I thought you was looking for a dragon temple?"

"This Marine came in dragging coffins into a district I was exploring. I couldn't help but be curious as to why." The Lunarian said with a chuckle. "So hang tight and be careful. I still haven't found out why, but there's a curfew in this country. Don't get caught off guard big guy!" with that, Cletus hanged up and silently continued his pursuit

Back on the Armageddon, KG sighed to himself, clearly bored. He played with his axe, throwing it up into the air and catching it. "He betta not take too long, or imma smack him when he gets back."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
he looked at the coffins and watched as the damaged young man attempted to leave through her window.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" She asked sourly, a puff of smoke leaving her unpainted lips. She had dark smudges of makeup beneath her eyes, streaks of prior tears running through mascara painted her cheeks.
Shaarib's will shattered when she spoke. He had braced himself before opening the doors but he had not expected the woman to be in that state. He had not expected the matron to be so sad, she had forgotten about her appearance. Mascara painted her cheeks, her lips were now without color. The woman was puffing more smoke than Hajib did in his whole life, she was going through turmoil. Shaarib advanced toward the window and stopped to look back at her for a bit. His first instinct had been to lie, but he wasn't that callous. The Vice-Admiral pointed at the coffins and said with a firm voice :

- "Calm down, those are girls that we found there. I'm going to make 2 more trips down there... We will talk then..."

The man jumped through the windows, arms wide. Transformed and took flight. He flew at an even faster speed, his flames leaving a beautiful blue trail in the night sky of Azure City. He couldn't care about being discovered. The Den Den Mushi in his pocket was ringing, the people at the Embassy learned about his awakening. Shaarib wasn't in any state to speak to them. They couldn't help his case, Genjo, one of his most trusted companions nearly died because of the magic in the temple. The birdman was haunted. He could feel the previous pressure on his torso as he got closer to the temple. The bird spun on itself and Shaarib was back into his hybrid form. He flapped his wings twice and let himself fall into the hole in the ceiling not even once detecting the pirate on his tail.

- " I'm baaack !" Shaarib said to the spirit " I delivered the first two, can't you do something, so I could do the process faster tho ? We are already past the middle of the night... If I do the next travel, I will only be back at dawn..."The birdman scratched his chin to find the correct words " I know you might worry about the spirit's effect on me but I am a big guy..." finished Shaarib trying to open another of the door and preparing himself for the damage it was going to do on his soul

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shaarib advanced toward the window and stopped to look back at her for a bit. His first instinct had been to lie, but he wasn't that callous. The Vice-Admiral pointed at the coffins and said with a firm voice :

- "Calm down, those are girls that we found there. I'm going to make 2 more trips down there... We will talk then..."
The older woman's eyes flashed a shock of outrage as the boy turned and moved for the window. She looked back to the white coffins resting on her office floor, the macabre visual of the coffins being illuminated with flickering candlelight made her snuff out her cigarette. As she turned back to answer the marine, he had unlatched her window and was already moving through the two open panes.
Li An rose from her desk and rushed over to the window as the phoenix-man fell through them and out into the scented streets. She was so sad and angry, but the words escaped her as Shaarib did. Blue light radiated her distraught face as she poked her head from the window and watched the vice-admiral soar over Chongqing.
Wiping a freshly shed tear from her cheek, Li An sniveled: "Bastard."

Once more, the blue beacon cast its light upon the sleeping Azure City. Shaarib Hassan soared with a blistering speed, if the guards weren't already aware of his powers they could've have mistaken him for a shooting star; but sure enough members of the Chongqing Guard pointed and murmured as they gazed upon the beautiful powers of the vice-admiral's zoan fruit...And then another figure, much harder to spot, following behind... They remained in the shadows, looking up and preparing to relay their findings to General Lu Zhaoxun.

The phoenix, at such astronomical speeds, did not spend much time over the city in truth; before long he found himself over a sea of familiar treetops. His magical wings honed in on his target, the temple. As his eyes made out the building, he could already notice vast improvements to the exterior; she was quick to repair herself.
- " I'm baaack !" Shaarib said to the spirit " I delivered the first two, can't you do something, so I could do the process faster tho ? We are already past the middle of the night... If I do the next travel, I will only be back at dawn..."The birdman scratched his chin to find the correct words " I know you might worry about the spirit's effect on me but I am a big guy..." finished Shaarib trying to open another of the door and preparing himself for the damage it was going to do on his soul
Shaarib was met with the familiar sound of distant planks of wooden forcing themselves into place. The noise was distant and quiet, yet ever-present in this abandoned temple. As he awaited his response he began to pry open an unexplored door from before, likely destined to hold a girl within. The doors, wedged by something remained stationary until acted upon with a bit more force; then it fell open with the loud crack of wood colliding into itself.
"Not a good idea, carrying two is dangerous enough." Came the response.

The room was incredibly dark, as Shaarib prepared to face horrifying pain, hunger, thirst, fear...Instead he felt a burbling and unexplainable rage.
Fire burned hot in Shaarib's dark cheeks, everything bothering the vice-admiral up until now were seemingly trying to erupt out of him. He would feel the uncontrollable urge for violence clawing at his mind. The dark energy wriggled around Vice-Admiral Hassan like a snake around its meal.
The invisible energy almost felt like physical tendrils blanketing themselves around him and forcing his blood to boil and his muscles to contract with ghostly rage.
"You are feeling how she feels...Felt..." Said the temple. "Please do not hurt her. Do with her as you did with the others."
Jina
Level 50
Race: Undead Human
Strength: 80 + 10 = 90
Speed: 50 + 10 = 60
- Reaction Speed: 60
- Movement Speed: 60

Vitality: 70 + 10 + 5 = 85
- Durability: 85
- Stamina: 85

Martial Arts: 50
- Chinese Kenpo: 100

- Cannot use Haki
- Requires Haki in order to harm Jina
- 'Not Alive' thus does not feel pain regardless of damage inflicted

It was then Shaarib saw it, terrifying eyes illuminated from behind the dark veil of shadow. The hunched form had been silently watching him struggle with his newfound urges for bloodlust. Now that he had spotted her he was more easily making out her sickly, rotted frame and the long, matted hair blanketing her. The feminine form slowly rose in the darkness revealing long, horrible claws akin to a Devourer. The monster-woman let loose a blood-curdling shriek and rushed at Shaarib.

The two horrifyingly bladed hands reached out with desperate rage for the Skypiean. They swiped frantically at his face and throat with no tact, rather a blind frenzy. The horrible sound continued to boom from the long-dead woman's face during the entirety of her frenzy.

Chóngfù pòjiě (重複破解)- Gina ruthlessly lashes out repeatedly with both of her clawed arms. DPR: A (61 Strength, 61 Chinese Kenpo)
81-100: 3. Large Building Level + 3 (DPR: A) = 6. City Level!!

@Cross 1er

As the girl began to explain the situation to Yuna, Cletus arose from the barstool he was sitting on. Yuna's attention was drawn back to him too late as he has already left the stage-room in pursuit of the marine. The black-haired woman went to protest, but it was too late and she needed to know what was going on and if she and the other girls needed to find a place to hide.
"A Marine, huh?" The pirate rose from his seat quickly, his tail waving back and forth in excitement. "I'm sorry Yuna, but it appears we have to put our conversation on hold. This is too interesting to pass up!" Cletus sprinted through the doors of the stage room, all the way to the outside. There he saw the marine, jump out of the window before transforming into flaming blue bird. The Lunarian would reach into the pocket of his white shirt and pull out a canister marked with the letter C. Pressing a button on the side, the canister would explode in a show of bright white light. The Raid Suit, the pinnacle of Germa technology. Cletus' had undergone a slight change since leaving Briss. With the aid of the boosters on his boots, Cletus took the sky in pursuit of the Marine, following at a good enough distance that he would avoid being easily spotted.
Cletus moved hastily after the World Government soldier with high-expectations, he turned down the same hall Shaarib had previously moved down, but as he began to move down it he caught a glimpse of the fiery blue bird leaving through an open window. The pirate followed suit and opened a window near himself and followed behind the phoenix at a safe distance by utilizing the advanced technology of his raid suit.

He followed his target for a good time, choosing to take this opportunity to relay vital information back to his crew via his transponder snail. Cletus easily followed the blue streak of light over the Azure City, giving the Silver Vampirate an amazing opportunity to see most-all of Chongqing under moonlight. All the local buildings were breath-takingly gorgeous (even in the dark), while they seemed to diminish in quality the further you got from Azure City proper.
Cletus, following Shaarib, soon found himself over an ominous forest. While being sure to keep his distance, he tracked the light being given off by the vice-admiral. He watched as the huge blue, signal flare that was Shaarib suddenly brightened and shifted into a vibrant shade of green before taking a sharp turn downwards into the trees below!

@Infinity

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"Not a good idea, carrying two is dangerous enough." Came the response
Shaarib stamped his foot on the wooden floor to let his annoyance be known. Flying back and forth between Azure City and the Temple was tiring and boring. The little could hep him but she wanted him to prove himself. She did not even praise him nor did she show her true self. Shaarib opened the door and stopped when he saw a Jiangshi. The birdman looked at the woman and waited to be assaulted by the emotions she felt when she died. Shaarib could feel the anger radiating from the zombie. He could sense the extent to which it had overtaken her. The priest’s dark magic had strengthened the lingering feelings she had before dying, which may have made it the most hazardous aspect of all. The hunger, the thirst, it was emotions he never experienced to this extent. The anger and hatred she felt and expressed had seemed so normal to Shaarib, a reaction to the traumas he had experienced during his childhood. Shaarib was even questioning himself on whether the spirit was protecting him or not, he hadn't known he had been affected. Song Wuji’s remnant energy wasn’t working on our hero or maybe it had been working too well. His anger had always been a problem. The state the temple was in was proof of Shaaribs rage. He tried to repress it the best he could, he thought being a marine and having this much disciple was helping. He thought the fury had slowly died out after he saw how angry Admiral Akainu was. It was now so obvious how he lied to himself, Hajib’s grandson had been on a path of vengeance since childhood. And the death of Ener might have affected him much more than he believes. It was the only answer, how come was he so angry that the hate a woman felt on her deathbed felt small and meaningless ?

"You are feeling how she feels...Felt..." Said the temple. "Please do not hurt her. Do with her as you did with the others."

The spirit interrupted his thought process while the woman charged forward, the Vice-Admiral just opened his palm in her direction. The claws went to meet with the birdman but at the last time were stopped by an invisible wall made out Haki. At the same time, one of Shaarib's wings coated with Haki caught the zombie. The wing expanded and enveloped the body whole. Shaarib could feel the zombie trying to move but he was stronger. If she was alive, it meant he couldn't create a coffin for her until they were far away from the temple.

~ " What a feisty chick ! " whistled the birdman going toward the second door to catch the other corpse.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Azure City #9
@Einsauer

The Lunarian easily kept pace with the bright blue marine illuminating the night skies of the Azure City. As a result, Cletus got to experience the city in all of its glory, under the broad moonlight. The local buildings architecture were breath-taking to gaze at even in the night. The Lunarian whistled in approval at the marvelous sight.

"This city truly is incredible and diverse. Maybe I should slow down a bit and experience this city in full, afterall the I don't think that trail is going anywhere." The Lunarian said to himself, wagging his tail in approval.

On he flew. The further he went from the main city the more the buildings seemed to diminish on quality. However Cletus put that to the back of his mind, his current target of interest was getting away. Following close enough behind of the Marine, he would find himself over an ominous forest, brimming with an energy old and supernatural. From a distance, he watched as the huge blue phoenix suddenly brightened and transformed into a bright shade of green before taking a sharp turn downwards into the trees below. Cletus deactivated his Raid Suit mid-air, landing on the ground with a thud. The Lunarian ran his hands through his hair as hestood at his full height. Adjusting his black collar, he took notice of a temple not to far from where he was, seemingly under the process of repairs. The Lunarian carefully drew closer, suspicious of the entire situation, yet interested in the temple all the same.

"That architecture, it must be one of the the older temples here under maintenance." He said to himself rubbing his chin. "But why would a marine come to a place like this? I wonder, would whoever owns this temple know more about the trial than Yuna would? So many questions."

He adjusted his sword onto his belt, before making his way towards the temple. His questions would be answered soon enough. Hopefully they would really be the answers he was looking for.
87×5 =435
Strength: 64+5+32=101
Speed: 72+5+24=101
101×2=202
-Reaction Speed: 101
-Movement Speed: 101
Vitality:64+5+32=101
101×2=202
-Durability:101
-Stamina:101
Mind:50
50×2=100
-Cooking:100
Haki: 100
100×2= 200
Armament Haki: 100+20
-120 Invisible haki boosts attack and defense by +2, while hardening boosts by +3. Special Haki attack unlocked.

Observation Haki(Precognition): 1-100 Mastery: The user has increased reaction speed +10 within 40 meters of themselves when CoO is activated.

Martial Arts:84+16:100
100×2=200
-Swordsmanship:100
-Life Return:100
-Humandrill Mimickry:100(Perk)
-Dengeki Blue:100(Perk)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shaarib internally wrestled with the anger he had been repressing and battling for the majority of his life. The spirit sensed his struggle, but allowed him the time to find composure before she needed to get his attention. Shaarib acted quickly:
The spirit interrupted his thought process while the woman charged forward, the Vice-Admiral just opened his palm in her direction. The claws went to meet with the birdman but at the last time were stopped by an invisible wall made out Haki. At the same time, one of Shaarib's wings coated with Haki caught the zombie. The wing expanded and enveloped the body whole. Shaarib could feel the zombie trying to move but he was stronger.
Jina's claws tried to sink into the fiery wings of the vice-admiral, but he was too powerful and the undead woman's muscles had succumb to unavoidable atrophy, she was not reanimated with the vigor that the true Jiangshi had. Shaarib would feel the talons of the animated corpse desperately trying to tear into him to no avail. A shriek would occasionally radiant from beneath Shaarib's wing, assaulting his ears with shrill, hateful tones.

~ " What a feisty chick ! " whistled the birdman going toward the second door to catch the other corpse.
Without pondering too much on what the next door might hold, he pushed it open. The light fell into the room, lighting it perfectly for him. Sat right before him, looking directly into his soul, was the cold face of a girl who was still visibly human, though dead and unmoving...Still, the eyes pierced into Shaarib's own and seemed to follow him as he moved. In a way unlike anytime he had faced before against these zombies throughout Chongqing, he felt a wave of genuine terror wash over his skin. This girl could not have been dead for more than a few days. Streaks marked her cheeks where there were once tears.
Terrified: affected is quite nauseated, has quite reduced observation Haki and can only concentrate on the thing scaring them; they are also slightly nauseated even after the effect ends (requires treatment to heal). lasts for 5-8 turns. Requires at least 91 mastery and a shop upgrade
This wasn't just Shaarib's own fear(s), he could feel foreign fears entering his mind: the fear of being trapped in a dark room, the fear of the red-haired zombie priest, the fear of what was coming next...For Shaarib, it was all gathered into this poor girl's corpse, even still the fear gnawed at him. Should Shaarib lapse for even a moment, Jina (the monster under his wing) would take the advantage and, once again, attempt to claw away at Shaarib.
Unnamed attack - (D rank)
81-100: 3. Large Building Level
"Remain strong." The childlike voice of the temple urged Shaarib to battle any thoughts of terror or rage that may be invading his mind. "Remember what makes you Shaarib."

@Cross 1er

...he watched as the huge blue phoenix suddenly brightened and transformed into a bright shade of green before taking a sharp turn downwards into the trees below. Cletus deactivated his Raid Suit mid-air, landing on the ground with a thud. The Lunarian ran his hands through his hair as hestood at his full height. Adjusting his black collar, he took notice of a temple not to far from where he was, seemingly under the process of repairs. The Lunarian carefully drew closer, suspicious of the entire situation, yet interested in the temple all the same.
The pirate flew through the night's sky, finding himself slightly enamored by the majesty of The Azure City. He wasn't too be outdone by the marine he followed, he tore through the air at a speed capable of trailing the phoenix. The Lunarian followed the fiery beacon down to the forest's floor, within eyesight of the short climb up to the temple. Dull illumination seemed to radiate up from the ground, a neon green that flickered as flames would...But there was no visible fire. Cletus' attention was drawn back to the temple:
"That architecture, it must be one of the the older temples here under maintenance." He said to himself rubbing his chin. "But why would a marine come to a place like this? I wonder, would whoever owns this temple know more about the trial than Yuna would? So many questions."

He adjusted his sword onto his belt
Cletus went to adjust his sword, but suspiciously found that it had mysteriously switched to the opposite side of his belt; positioned beneath his off-hand now. The green glow flicked up and dulled again, giving sight of a little ghostly girl watching the pirate from beyond the tree-line. Her very being pulsated with a green-coloring similar to the one Cletus had followed and found here on the forest-floor.

The little girl watched ominously and without speaking for a long-time, her overly-large eyes locked onto the visitor.
Her presence was nearly impossible to ignore, she spoke to him only after an uncomfortable amount of silence between the two.
"Are you here to play too?" The voice was melodic and sweet, but with a sinister tone audibly peeking out to him. "Do you like tag?"

A childlike giggle seemed to ring out from within the Lunarian pirate's own brain. Whatever this was, it was messing with his head!

@Infinity

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
96 x 5 =480

Strength: 64+(1x9)+(3x9)+10(MA)= 110 (+10=120)

Speed: 69+(3x9)+5(MA)=101 (+10=111)
101*2=202
-Reaction:101
-Movement:101

Vitality:82+(2x9)=100 (+10=110)
100*2= 200
-Durability:100
-Stamina:100

Haki : 65
65*2=130
Armament [Offensive] = 100 + 20
Observation [Awareness] = 30
Conqueror

Devil Fruit : 100

Martial Arts: 100
100*2=200
-Rokushiki : 100 + 20
- Dials : 100
- Fishman Karate [PERK]

Shaarib needed to think twice before making promises. His grandfather always said to roll his tongue 7 times before opening his mouth. Shaarib did not think once before agreeing to the kid's deal, he was now regretting it. He first faced Hunger and Thirst, then he had to face Anger. The last one had affected him more than the two others. His ears were still ringing while his hands were still shaking. His wrath had still not recessed. He was going to need a minute or two of calm for it but the woman trying to free herself from her shackles hindered the process. The Vice-Admiral pushed the fourth door and entered the room. Blue light showed what was in the jail : Nothing. The birdman turned to exit but the door wasn't present anymore. A spark jolted from the bed and the room caught on fire. Shaarib let out a sigh and advanced forward. At the same time, he tried to protect the angry girl from the fire. With his blue flames, he wasn't afraid of the heat. He did not understand why the spirit wanted him to face flames.. Suddenly the blue flames covering Shaarib's body died out. The skypiean could now feel the heat. A shadow appeared on the bed and the soldier braced himself. What most of the corps tended to forgot was that Shaarib got to his rank with his fists alone. He wasn't afraid of no damn zombie. All he had to knock out the shadow and leave the room. The shadow got up and a javelling appeared in its hands.

- " Come on-" tried to say the birdman before shutting his mouth, he liked to speak with a slender voice but it wasn't supposed to be so thrilled. He sounded like a child... " C-c-come on !"

The birdman raised his fists and noticed how small they were. The marine began to observe his body, he was a kid. He was wearing a white robe, the same exact one he wore on Skypiea. Shaarib realized what was happening, he wasn't living the worst memories of the dead girl, he was living his own. The shadow wasn't one anymore, it was Shura. The javelin began to sizzle and Shaarib clutched his ribs. Smoke began to come out of the robe. His right was on fire, this time there wasn't no monks to protect him nor would Gan Fall be strong enough to run away with him. SHaarib was going to die. He rolled on the ground trying to stop the fire but it was to no avail. The birkan was approaching, Shura was going to kill him. The kid couldn't hold his tears, the javelin came down and Shaarib closed his eyes waiting to be pierced.

Instead of feeling his inside burn, Shaarib felt claws marking his jaw. The Skypiean opened his eyes and was back in the corridor. He looked around, where was Shura ? He looked at himself, he was back, and the flames were still covering his body. The feisty girl had saved him from his nightmare.

"Remain strong." The childlike voice of the temple urged Shaarib to battle any thoughts of terror or rage that may be invading his mind. "Remember what makes you Shaarib."
Was she serious ?! The birdman was sweating profoundly, he didn't need to remember this. Some experiences needed to be buried forever. The kid had been playing with the marine. His past wasn't a joke. Shaarib's hand was still on the handle. With a move, he yanked the door from its socket. He too knew how to be petty. The marine noted the corpse on the ground. He created a coffin for her and did the same job. This one was less splendid or solid than the previous one. Shaarib needed air, he couldn't breathe anymore. He hadn't been ready for this experience. The birdman rushed outside of the room and jumped through the ceiling with difficulty. He was flying with only one of his wings, the other restrained the feisty one. He lost his helmet when he reached the sky. Found his breath and immediately let out a guttural yell before flying to Azure City. He would need to make a stop as soon as the magic left the woman's body and then create a coffin for her. But it was later...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Azure City#10
@Einsauer

Cletus went to adjust his sword as he walked towards the temple, only to find that it had switched to the opposite side of his belt, positioned beneath his off-hand. His eye's widened slightly in surprise.

"What the-"

A green glow illuminated and dulled again and the figure of a little ghostly girl watched the vampirate from beyond the tree-line. Her form pulsated with a green-aura, close to the one Cletus followed while chasing the marine and found emitting from the forest-floor.

The child's creepy large eyes locked onto Cletus as she watched ominously, silently staring for quite some time. Cletus stood on guard the entire time, this individual had to have been decently strong, she was able to move his weapon without him noticing. After a long period of tension, she finally spoke.

"Are you here to play too?" Her voice was sweet and melodic, yet laced with a sinister undertone. Cletus' glare hardened. "Do you like tag?"

"I'm fond of tag..." A childlike giggle rang out from within the Vampirate's mind, unnerving him greatly. Whatever she was, she was trying to mess with his head and instill fear. Cletus took deep slow breaths. He knew he had to remain calm and keep as level a head as possible. He speculated that this figure was the guardian of the temple, and if this was a test, he couldn't afford to fail. Not before he got his answers. He continued, "But I don't have time for games now. I came to this country with my crew to take partake in the trail of Seiryuu. What do you know about that?"

Following those last words, the Lunarian activated his Kenbushoko Haki. Any funny moves from....whatever this girl was he would read them very closely..he didn't intend to get caught off guard in a place he knows very little of.

89×5 =445
Strength: 72+5+24=101
Speed: 80+5=85
85×2=170
-Reaction Speed: 100
-Movement Speed:71(+20 Raid Suit)
Vitality:72+5+24=101
101×2=202
-Durability:101
-Stamina:101
Mind:50
50×2=100
-Cooking:100
Haki: 100
100×2= 200
Armament Haki(Offensive): 100+20
-120:- (Primary Path) Offensive Armanment: +3 DPR;+2 Durability

Observation Haki(Precognition): 1-100 Mastery: The user has increased reaction speed +20 within 10 meters of themselves when CoO is activated.
User can sense the presence of living things within 100 meters of themselves when CoO is activated. Cannot be passive. No other sensory abilities.

Martial Arts:76+24:100
100×3=300
-Swordsmanship:100
-Life Return:100
-Ignite:100
-Humandrill Mimickry:100(Perk)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shaarib's own psyche was sabotaging him, replaying the vivid horror stories pulled from his youth in Skypiea. The marine could feel a foreign terror exacerbating his resurfacing trauma. After coming so far, after becoming so strong; it took only this brief reminder of his past to strip him of his hard-earned strength and confidence, his mind was shortly trapped into a primitive and damaged ego.
He watched and felt his memory of the Birkan man, Shura, towering far above the little winged-boy. Shaarib was trapped a waking nightmare, luckily for the Skypiean, nightmares typically reach their ends; the zombie girl's claws jabbed into the Shaarib' side; dealing just enough damage to shock him back into reality; still a dismal setting admittedly (still far better than the world he found himself in).

The angry and confused marine stumbled through the hall, facing reality and the rage and fear that came with it at the moment. Without wasting much time after the perceived insult from this bratty deity, he snapped open the door once more and immediately entrapped the innocent-looking corpse in a iron box made of clouds. The vice-admiral uneasily grabbed ahold of the girl's cloud-crafted resting place.
As for the other girl, he kept her entrapped in his wing of mystical fire as he rose up through the hole in the ceiling using only his spare wing.

Shaarib would let loose a pained cry into the sky as he rose up above the temple; the scream being brought on by magics beyond his comprehension. The sorrowful and angry bellow would certainly be heard for distances both great and little. It carried across the nearby waters filled with pirates, and down to the forest below, possibly all the way back to the Azure City!

The roaring blue fire moved its way across the sky like a rogue star; moving far slower than he been earlier due to only being able to use one wing at the time. The treetops below him were painted in a fitting shade of azure. Shaarib's mind still felt heavy as he flew; the nightmare was over but the old scars in the Skypiean's heart and mind had been ripped open and salted. The burbling anger radiating off the monster in his wing was infecting him as well, further driving away Shaarib's ability to think clearly.

Commander Stein paced up and down the hall outside of the elder Hassan's guest quarters. The two hour mark since Shaarib's order was quickly nearing for the little man, he needed to wake Hajib and inform him of his grandson's predicament. His tiny eyes traced the door and he took two steps forward, preparing to knock on the door until:
A knock instead came from the front doors of the marine embassy, waking Mina from her stressful sleep. It was quite rare someone would attend the embassy late enough that the doors would be shut and locked. Stein's attention was pulled from his duty and he instead attended to the front door as Mina opened it.
No sooner than the door became unlocked and Mina began to crack the door they flew open and revealed an extremely displeased man; Lu Zhaoxun, the General of the Emperor's Army and Guard, stormed into the embassy. Mina stumbled back in surprise as the armored general looked around the dimly lit building. Mina went to speak, but was quickly interrupted.

"Show me to his room, right now!" He ordered. Mina looked around confusedly, but Stein knew exactly what was happening now. He played dumb, as his loyalty was to his superior officers above all else.
Lu swiped down a stack of papers that Mina had been toiling over. "Shaarib Hassan, HIS ROOM NOW!" He repeated his order, loud enough now to wake most in the embassy. A group of his peacekeepers rolled in from behind him, investigating the interior of the World Government building carefully.

Mina seemed taken aback, as she still believed Shaarib to be recovering in the infirmary. She bowed slightly, biting back her upset.
"Y-Yes sir...He's in the infirmary, please follow me..." The marine woman responded. Stein tried to think of a distraction, but was coming up without any ideas.
Was this what Shaarib was talking about? Was it happening already?
Sweat collected on Stein's little brow as he nervously followed along the rest of them.

@Cross 1er

The surroundings felt heavier and darker in every passing moment to the pirate, the trees seemed to stretch up around him and light seemed to fade; more and more he found himself lost looking at this ghostly figure. The sky beyond the treetops twisted and contorted with an unrealistic speed above him.
An unnatural fear began working its way through Cletus D. Sol's mind, it was something magical and beyond reason.
Moderate fear: affected is dizzy, has slighly reduced observation Haki and finds it slightly hard to concentrate on anything but the thing scaring them. lasts for 3-4 turns. Requires at least 51 mastery
Cletus fought to maintain his composure as this ghostly entity tried to wriggle its way into his will; fear was pushed aside by determination to complete his goals on the island kingdom of Chongqing:
He speculated that this figure was the guardian of the temple, and if this was a test, he couldn't afford to fail. Not before he got his answers. He continued, "But I don't have time for games now. I came to this country with my crew to take partake in the trail of Seiryuu. What do you know about that?"
A subtle frown fell unto the ghostly girl as he said this, she was unhappy at his willingness to play, but she prepared to respond to him nonetheless. The deity could sense his use of nerve-induced haki; uneasiness was no doubt finding some purchase in mind of 'The Dragon'.
The dark seemed to be getting darker around him, his focus being pulled in more and more on this ominous little girl. Cletus felt like his mind was being pulled into a mire of quicksand, but suddenly the girl's intentionally scary demeanor broke and he was able to pull himself from her sticky web a bit.

"You simply mustn't have interest in that silly old dragon's games over mine!" She said in a far more sincerely child-like voice, clearly having a nerve tickled by Cletus's remark; by her suddenly indignant tone it made it clear she had some sort of relationship or understanding to this dragon deity.

An agonized bellow piercing the atmosphere broke the conversation between the two of them, the familiar blue glow filled the sky above Cletus and the ghostly-figure (it was moving noticeably slower through the sky than before). Shaarib was back in the airspace above the forest, Cletus could give chase again, if he so chose...

This deity was toying with Cletus, no doubt, but it was quite possible he could subtly pull her information on Seiryū and his trials should he indulge her in her games and/or by keeping her flustered.
"Or perhaps you would prefer hide-and-go-seek?" The innocently-toned question came after the moment of silence following Shaarib's cry, trying to revert the pirate's attention from the other deity on the island

@Infinity

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shaarib officially hated magic. He was lost, he was in turmoil, he wasn't even sure of where he was nor was sure of where he was going. His body was trembling like a leaf. His face was covered in sweat. The light in his eyes was gone. Shaarib was slowly drifting away, he was dissociating. He did not have any control over his body anymore, he was a spectator looking at himself from above. He was fully on autopilot until he would be able to travel back into his body. It wasn't the first time it happened, he had a lot of trauma as a child. With Hajib, he had learned how to prevent said episodes. He had learned how to see them happening and act upon them. He knew how to anchor himself and as the years went on, he had them happening less. He thought he healed from all of this. But now here he was reeling from an imaginary encounter. Shaarib had nightmares about said night, but he never had one about Shura. Ener and Gan Fall were always the focus. The burn marks on his body were not sources of shame anymore. He embraced them, with his fruit he could have healed them. But never did, they were part of him now. He learned how to fight his fear of fire. He was even more adept at controlling Dials than either of them. But when he heard the weapon sizzling like his, he lost all composure.

His body was moving, and the more Shaarib blinked, the more distance was put between the body and its soul. Shaarib had to anchor himself. Hajib did things in a fascinating way, Shaarib had to find 5 colours on things around him, 5 colours to prove that he wasn't in the dark room,, that he wasn't the kid that lost half his upper body. The first one Shaarib chose was green, the forest under him. The second one was blue, the flames coming from his body. The third one was the brown from his tunique, the fourth one was the white patches badly sewn on his clothes and finally the last one was the pink Den Den Mushi vibrating on his chest. He closed his eyes and lost consciousness.

The man opened his eyes, he was back in his body, he was siting on the roofing of the brothel. The coffins were nowhere to be seen. His phone was still ringing. Shaarib was back in control, he answered :

- "Bossman ! Where the fuck are you ?! The army is looking for you !" Shaarib cut the line, Troya was heated, which meant the situation was bad.

The Vice-Admiral jumped from the roof and sky-walked to the embassy as fast as he could. He couldn't get arrested now, he still needed to bring two more bodies to Li An to get the proof of his actions. He sincerely hoped for the Chongqing soldiers to be nice, he did not want to knock them out again.

"Show me to his room, right now!" He ordered. Mina looked around confusedly, but Stein knew exactly what was happening now. He played dumb, as his loyalty was to his superior officers above all else.
Lu swiped down a stack of papers that Mina had been toiling over. "Shaarib Hassan, HIS ROOM NOW!" He repeated his order, loud enough now to wake most in the embassy. A group of his peacekeepers rolled in from behind him, investigating the interior of the World Government building carefully.

Mina seemed taken aback, as she still believed Shaarib to be recovering in the infirmary. She bowed slightly, biting back her upset.
"Y-Yes sir...He's in the infirmary, please follow me..." The marine woman responded. Stein tried to think of a distraction, but was coming up without any ideas.
Was this what Shaarib was talking about? Was it happening already?
Sweat collected on Stein's little brow as he nervously followed along the rest of them.
Cacophony, it was the only word to describe what was happening in the Embassy of the World Government. Hajib Hassan woke up because of it. Someone was yelling orders and soldiers were penetrating rooms without avail. The old man got up from his beds and took his cane. His grandchild was asleep, he had been hurt badly and nobody was going to disturb his rest. The boy had went on an adventure with Genjo in the morning and never came back. The 169th went on a search and came with Genjo and Shaarib close to death doors. Shaarib did not trust his grandfather to tell him where he was going, the old man understood the sentiment. Now, he needed to act too.

Mina wasn't a strong enough to defend herself against the rats but he was. Hajib had the furthest room to the infirmary. He quickly dispatched some of his soldiers in front of the room and went on to meet the contingent. He was not in his prime anymore but he was able to quickly catch up to the group. Mina was a smart woman, she took the longest itinerary. The High Priest made his presence known by hitting the floor with his cane with great force. The embassy was the government soil, they need to respect it first and foremost.

- "Children... Now would be the time to stop what you are doing. We do not respond to the Emperor here. The Embassy is a government territory. Things can go one way or the other. Instead of barging in, you can settle down in a room, show us some papers while Mina here serves you some tea... Or you can choose to disrespect our hospitality and then we shall answer with our weapons... What says you ?" asked Hajib calmly. With his Haki, he could already feel that the 169th was in front of the infirmary

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Azure City #11
@Einsauer

The spirit frowned slightly at his hesitation to play, and the pirate couldn't help but feel uneasy. The longer the lunarian stood in her presence, the darker and heavier his surroundings became. The trees around him appeared to contort around around him like a cold embrace. As the light began to fade; he felt lost as he stared at her. His mind felt like it was being sucked into a thick, pit of quicksand, until suddenly her scary aura dissipated. Cletus let out a sigh off relief. He was finally able to pull himself from her web of fear. Atleast just a bit.

"You simply mustn't have interest in that silly old dragon's games over mine!"She replied in an innocent, child-like voice. Based off of the hint of annoyance in her voice, it was clear to Cletus that she knew the dragon deity personally. Before he could question her further, an intense cry permeated the atmosphere, cutting the conversation short between the the two of them. A familiar blue glow followed, illuminating the sky above Cletus and the phantom figure. Flying slower than before, the marine he had been chasing took to the sky. Cletus could follow him, but he decided his time was better spent here. He was so close to finding out what he needed to know, he couldn't back out now.

After a moment of silence, the spirit's innocent like voice met his ears again. "Or perhaps you would prefer hide-and-go-seek?" She questioned. Maybe he had time to play a game afterall. Regaining his composure, the lunarian stood at his full height, towering over the small ghost girl.

"I'm down for a game of hide and seek if you are. And if I win, you tell me what I need to know, got it? And no cheating now." Cletus said in a playful tone. He didn't know how he would beat a ghost at hide and seek, but he would have to find out way.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shaarib fought a battle in his mind throughout his flight, a battle he thought had long ago ended, a battle that DID end long ago. His resurfaced nightmares weighed his flight and slowed him significantly, the vice admiral did not notice the impediment to his speed as his focus was drawn inward. Before he realized, the bird-man's eyes opened and he was looking back towards the way he had come from; the man was perched atop Li An's book house. The cool air met with the sweaty skin of the vice-admiral, Shaarib prepared for another return trip to the temple when:
- "Bossman ! Where the fuck are you ?! The army is looking for you !" Shaarib cut the line, Troya was heated, which meant the situation was bad.

The Vice-Admiral jumped from the roof and sky-walked to the embassy as fast as he could. He couldn't get arrested now, he still needed to bring two more bodies to Li An to get the proof of his actions. He sincerely hoped for the Chongqing soldiers to be nice, he did not want to knock them out again.
Shaarib moved, with the haste of a phoenix, back towards the embassy. The Skypiean soldier of the World Government knew he was skating thin ice with a lot of influential Chongqing denizens; he needed to prevent getting deported, if just for the night!

Stein's eyes went wide as the general's gloved hand went for the infirmary door's handle. "Uuhhh..." Stein stammered, stalling the general for a moment. "The vice admiral is VERY tired!" The commander blurted in a state of near panic-induced frenzy.
Lu Zhaoxun's eyes squared in on the tiny man, a look of disbelief planted firmly on his features. The general was admittedly surprised by the utter lack of guile in this marine soldier.
Luckily, soon after came another voice (far more commanding) to stall the general's hand:

- "Children... Now would be the time to stop what you are doing. We do not respond to the Emperor here. The Embassy is a government territory. Things can go one way or the other. Instead of barging in, you can settle down in a room, show us some papers while Mina here serves you some tea... Or you can choose to disrespect our hospitality and then we shall answer with our weapons... What says you ?" asked Hajib calmly. With his Haki, he could already feel that the 169th was in front of the infirmary
Lu Zhaoxun was taken aback by Hajib's warning of violence, in truth he was not scared of the marines; should violence be enacted on either him or his soldiers, the nations rebuttal would be swift and merciless. Still, he pulled his hand away from the door and looked to the old man.
"...Very well, old man." He said, with a tinge of disrespect slipping through. "You are lucky I respect my elders..."
With a wave of his hand his men backed away from the rising tension in the hall, allowing some breathing room.

The general stepped back out into the main-lounge area and sat at the nearest table and awaited Hajib, the Azurian general gathered the identity of Hajib Hassan through his words alone. He was informed of the old man's arrival with Shaarib.
Mina, still tired and bleary-eyed, moved past her fallen stack of paperwork and walked off into the mess-hall to begin a pot of tea.

The leader of the Chongqing army looked up at Hajib. "Shall we discuss your grandson's recent exploits?" He asked, prompting the old man to speak first.

@Cross 1er

Cletus's nerve returned to him, his unease being settled within him. A pirate's will wouldn't be shaken so easily; the Lunarian-hybrid stood tall with confidence.
"I'm down for a game of hide and seek if you are. And if I win, you tell me what I need to know, got it? And no cheating now." Cletus said in a playful tone. He didn't know how he would beat a ghost at hide and seek, but he would have to find out way.
The girl's ghostly, green glow strengthened a bit in in response to Cletus; a smile pulled across her disproportioned face. "Deal." She said through upward-curled lips. "Shut your eyes, and NO peeking."
The figure waited in the pirate's view, waiting for his eyelids to shut; and not even a second after he closed his eyes he heard the voice chime out once more.
"Ready!"

...Upon opening his eyes back up, Cletus D. Sol found a similar scene to what he had left, but certainly different. The trees were far more densely packed together and their limbs folded together overhead so well that it prevented Cletus from going aerial. A dull-green mist rolled through the trees, further obscuring the extremely dark forest-floor from the Vampirate. Paths, so thin that two humans side-by-side would have trouble walking, seemed to stretch out in varying directions for unknown lengths into the darkness. There was little indication as to where to start looking in this dark, cramped collection of ghastly trees and the moonlight could offer no assistance with the inky canopy above.

A gentle wind's howl filled the forest, pulling in from all directions onto Cletus. In the deep darkness, hidden behind the tightly cramped trees the occasional gleam of an eye or two could be seen watching the pirate. A gentle murmur could be heard occasionally, it seemed there were spectators to this game...

Seemingly, Cletus might have to guess a path at random or perhaps come up with a strategy for navigating through these woods.

@Infinity

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Lu Zhaoxun was taken aback by Hajib's warning of violence, in truth he was not scared of the marines; should violence be enacted on either him or his soldiers, the nations rebuttal would be swift and merciless. Still, he pulled his hand away from the door and looked to the old man.
"...Very well, old man." He said, with a tinge of disrespect slipping through. "You are lucky I respect my elders..."
With a wave of his hand his men backed away from the rising tension in the hall, allowing some breathing room.
Hajib acquiesced and invited the general to follow him into a room at the end of the corridor. He did catch on the tinge of disrespect but preferred not to speak on it. The general made a concession and Hajib respected that. Hajib sat one of the chairs while one of the embassy workers came in a hurry to bring the Vice-Admiral his coat. The old man did not utter a word, he slowly took out a little box from one of his inner pockets and took out a little pair of glasses. Hajib examined them through one of the light and put them on, still waiting for the younger one to speak.

The leader of the Chongqing army looked up at Hajib. "Shall we discuss your grandson's recent exploits?" He asked, prompting the old man to speak first.
- "Hmmm" began the old man scratching his chin "The question is how much do you have on your hand, my grandson is the youngest Vice-Admiral of our forces." He took out his glass and tried to wipe them with a napkin sitting on the table "The tomatoes your citizens threw at us is a proof of how well we are liked and respected down here..." The old man looked again at the glasses through the light "But anybody do not become Vice-Admiral at his age... He went on a quest to search for Commander Stein and his guards... Came back with only Stein..." He stopped for a bit and continued " ...may they rest in peace.. My boy came back hurt ... I heard something about Jiangshi but I'm still not sure... We were waiting for him to get up.. So please, do tell me how proud I should be of my grandson General " finished Hajib looking at the soldier in the eyes for the first time since they sat

--
Shaarib arrived at the embassy relatively fast. He chose not to use his fruit and not get caught. He wanted to use his Conqueror Haki to mask his presence but whatever spell they put on him was still having effects. If Shaarib ever tried to use his haki, he was probably going to knock out most of the workers in the Embassy, instead, he chose to sit on the roof before the Infirmary window and lit a cigarette. He inhaled and exhaled the smoke twice and opened the damn window. To his surprise, nobody penetrated the room. So Shaarib did as advised, he threw himself on his bed and waited.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Azure City#12
@Einsauer

Cletus agreed to play her game. The ghost's green glow strengthened in anticipation, this was going to be fun.

"Deal." She said through a creepy smile. "Shut your eyes, and NO peeking."

Obliging her, he nodded his head in response, closing his eyes to give her time to hide. But after not even a second, he heard her child-like voice echo in his mind. "Ready!" When his eyes opened, the environment was not the same. The trees around him were now densely packed together, their branched knitted together at their peaks to prevent any escape to the sky.

"Hmph, she really isn't playing around. Maybe this isn't an ordinary ghost... not that I know anything about ghost's at all" Cletus said to himself impressed.

Soon after, a dull green most would begin form in the trees, further hindering the lunarian's field of vision of the now dark forest floor. The paths around him were now so thin, that two men would find it difficult to walk through them side by side. Cletus looked all around him. The paths appeared to stretch in infinite directions into the darkness. He did not know where to start looking.

"You know, I said no cheating, right? This feels like cheating." The lunarian said annoyed. Regardless he played the game and began to walk down a tight path straight in front of him.

As he walked down a path, the wind howled gently through the forest, pulling from all directions directly onto the Vampirate. Deep in the darkness, hidden within the entanglement of tree, Cletus caught sight of the occasional gleam of an eyes watching his every move. The sound murmurs could be heard occasionally all around him and it was clear to Cletus that they had an audience for their game of hide and seek. But this didn't make the game easier on the Lunarian, the effects of that ghost's power still had their effect on him. It took a bit of mental strength to focus. But alas he had a plan.

"Now, now. Where are you little ghost girl?",he said with a click of his tongue and a wave of his tail. His vision was limited in the darkness, however maybe that would come to his advantage. The phantom had a green aura, and that was his only clue in finding her hiding place.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shaarib could hear the familiar voice calling out into his internal monologue, intertwining with his own thoughts. "The girls want to go home..."

The general watched with the marine soldiers around the room as Hajib began speaking to him; he carefully analyzed the words though, despite his seeming disinterest. General Lu Zhaoxun eyes traced the interior of the building as it had been a while since he had last entered this building, however he was also carefully listening to Hajib vehemently credit his grandson. He didn't respect Shaarib's rank, but he understood that it was indictive of the tremendous power Shaarib unquestionably wielded.
"The tomatoes your citizens threw at us is a proof of how well we are liked and respected down here..."
The general didn't hide his clear hatred of marine presence in Chongqing, a smirk curled onto his face as he imagined Shaarib being pelted with the soft fruit, however his demeanor grew incredibly stern at Hajib's continued praises of Shaarib.
But anybody do not become Vice-Admiral at his age... He went on a quest to search for Commander Stein and his guards... Came back with only Stein..." He stopped for a bit and continued " ...may they rest in peace.. My boy came back hurt ... I heard something about Jiangshi but I'm still not sure... We were waiting for him to get up.. So please, do tell me how proud I should be of my grandson General " finished Hajib looking at the soldier in the eyes for the first time since they sat
His eyes finally met with Hajib who had not been giving him eye contact either until this moment...
"...And you consider this a success?" He asked sharply. "The escorts assigned to keep your DOGS in line have been torn apart right under their noses."

"You're all failures-"
He said, glancing around again and gesturing to the marines. "-And the fact you all blissfully ignore that truth...It's sickening."
He refocused on the old man as Mina brought out a thin metal sheet with a steaming pot of water and locally bought teabags of a fanciful native tea. The general didn't bother with the drink, in fact he pulled back in his chair.
"Your grandson broke our laws, he was out past curfew this VERY night." He retorted. "Then he assaulted my men after being confronted, forcing them all unconscious."

"Our people are not punching bags for your people to beat on as they will."
He snapped. "I don't care if you think you're heroes. I will have you sent off like the plague-rats you are, flea-ridden tails tucked between your legs."

Mina stepped back, flustered by the situation. She sat back on her desk and watched the heated discussion.

@Cross 1er

The Lunarian man seemed irritated after only a step or two; taking in his surroundings, he quietly called out:
"You know, I said no cheating, right? This feels like cheating." The lunarian said annoyed.
It was met with a giggle with no discernible source (other than inside his own mind). He relented into playing along, he wanted to pry at this potential spring of information. He was noticing a distinct lack of noise despite the observers...And the air itself smelled as if it has been burnt; there was no smoke, nor heat...It felt as if a wildfire had ravaged this land some time ago, even though the standing trees didn't have any indications of being burnt in the past.

Cletus moved carefully through one of the paths presented to him, being sure to watch for traces of the ghost girl's green glow. The dead tree branches snapped under his feet as he walked, the ground was littered with them and were impossible to avoid. He wouldn't hear anything other than his own footsteps, making them feel so much louder in this haunted area.

Cletus peered through the trees as he moved, still attempting to make out her dim glow, instead he caught a brief glimpse of a lumbering mass stepping back a single time and disappearing into the shadows. One of these "spectators" seemed pretty threatening, its eyes still peering down at Vampirates' crew member.
With greater clarity, the pirate could now hear the shallowed breaths coming from all around him; were these also ghosts...?

A faint green glimmer glistened across Cletus D. Sol's eyes during the course of these thoughts, it was off the trail and hidden in the shadows. A few of the sets of glowing eyes were blocking his path and he would have to venture into the darkest parts of the forest to investigate the glow he had been looking for..

@Infinity

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"...And you consider this a success?" He asked sharply. "The escorts assigned to keep your DOGS in line have been torn apart right under their noses."

"You're all failures-"
He said, glancing around again and gesturing to the marines. "-And the fact you all blissfully ignore that truth...It's sickening."
He refocused on the old man as Mina brought out a thin metal sheet with a steaming pot of water and locally bought teabags of a fanciful native tea. The general didn't bother with the drink, in fact he pulled back in his chair.
"Your grandson broke our laws, he was out past curfew this VERY night." He retorted. "Then he assaulted my men after being confronted, forcing them all unconscious."

"Our people are not punching bags for your people to beat on as they will."
He snapped. "I don't care if you think you're heroes. I will have you sent off like the plague-rats you are, flea-ridden tails tucked between your legs."

Mina stepped back, flustered by the situation. She sat back on her desk and watched the heated discussion.
Hajib remained calm for the whole tirade. His face was impassible, devoid of emotions, his jaw was clenched tight. He kept his gaze focused on the General during all of it. Embraced fully all the hate the man spat in his face. It wasn't Hajib first's rodeo, he had been a Vice-Admiral before the General had even taken his first walk. Hajib had waged war on the side of Garp and Sengoku. He saw the Pirate King at his peak, why would he be affected by a child ?

Nonetheless, the General was right, the government did not care about the citizens of Chongqing. The government was too big to care about one island on the weakest of the blues. Being an ally of said country was a plus, a perk but at the end of the day, they did not fear them. The only reason for their presence here was to disrupt the country. Hence why Stein's life was more important than the two others. It was sad, but it was the reality of their jobs.

- "Hm..." said Hajib obviously disagreeing but not arguing, he had chosen to pour the hot water in tea cup "We are failures... but isn't the first time no Jiangshi has been reported in Chongqing City ?" Hajib then delicately threw the leaves into the cup before stirring it slowly with a spoon "You want us to leave, but we certainly aren't until we meet with his highness... " Hajib looked back at the General " Do not worry, if my grandson did all of this, he is going to be sanctioned... Now I believe here, you don't have enough authority to kick us out or you would've right ? So are you here to deliver a subpoena ?" finished Hajib

---
Shaarib could hear the familiar voice calling out into his internal monologue, intertwining with his own thoughts. "The girls want to go home..."
- "You got to be kidding me, I know they want to go home, but the soldiers in the CIty don't want me to leave ! They will have to wait for another hour...." said Shaarib in his head, he did not know how the kid was able to contact him so far away from the temple but he stopped asking questions long time ago...

Shaarib changed the bandages he had on his torso. Tried to wash hs face and got out of the infirmary. He nodded his head to the soldiers of the 169th and just winked at Stein. His grandfather had save their asses. The birdman whistled all over to the room. He waited at the door when the General began to yell. A man so entitled that it was pitiful. Why did Shaarib broke the curfew if it wasn't for the victims... He had saved the country and without a proof in his hands... He was just an asshole form the World government. He gave Hajib a moment to respond before sliding the door open.

- " What have I told you General ? Do you have my letter or not ?" said the man with a childish voice " I want my apology, if not I'm going to have to kick you ass and send ya to the Sunken City... I care more about the victims than you or any of your soldiers... I save them... I buried them. If you want a proof you can go ask Li An about it. But since I know you came to ask for forgiveness... I'm going to be nice.. Ditch your soldiers and follow me... I'm going to leave a blue trail in the sky. In less than 10 minutes I'm going to leave for the Temple there. Yuki's body is still there..." finished SHaarib sitting next to Hajib and taking a sip of his tea.

Be sure that the next time, we see each other you are ready to write a formal excuse. I saved ya ass... next time I'm not goign to be nice enough..."

Top Bottom