Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shanks

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • None of these

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
After recent chapter I bet there will pop up many theories about Rocks D. Xebec being the father of ....!
I think the top 3 theories will be
  1. Rocks D. Xebec, father of Marshall D. Teach.
  2. Rocks D. Xebec, father of Monkey D. Garp
  3. Rocks D. Shanks
Do you think one of these 3 will come true?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm expecting BB to be his son at this point. The ship name, the location (Beehive), and even BB's age of 40 matches up pretty well with when Rocks was defeated.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He seems to be having dreadlocks. Yasopps papa? Usopp and Yasopp get revealed as a D. in current timeline.

Rocks D. Usopp
:love:

In all seriousness, I had a weird theory of my own in which I wanted it to be Shanks father and wanted him to be revealed as Redbeard.

But now seeing the bloodthirstiness of ROCKS and realizing that the guy led 3 future Emperors along with few other pirate legends leds me to believe that he might be related to Teach. Which is fine with me, we might finally learn more of Blackbeard, his backstory and his weird body ability in which he can consume multiple DFs explained.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm expecting BB to be his son at this point. The ship name, the location (Beehive), and even BB's age of 40 matches up pretty well with when Rocks was defeated.
Teach might also only worship Xebec and try to become like him without being his son.

The silhouette of Xebec totally reminds me of Dragon. It would make Luffys BL even more fearsome. But thinking about it, he was called Rogers Rival, so He might have been in the same age as Roger and Garp.
Maybe Rocks father of Luffys Mom xD

And Shanks being the son of Xebec theories exist since Rocks was mentioned the first time and the theories still fit. I mean WBs comment about his wound and also that Shanks manage to stop Kaidou without a fight still Points to this theory being right. And it was always said Shanks might be a D.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Teach might also only worship Xebec and try to become like him without being his son.

The silhouette of Xebec totally reminds me of Dragon. It would make Luffys BL even more fearsome. But thinking about it, he was called Rogers Rival, so He might have been in the same age as Roger and Garp.
Maybe Rocks father of Luffys Mom xD

And Shanks being the son of Xebec theories exist since Rocks was mentioned the first time and the theories still fit. I mean WBs comment about his wound and also that Shanks manage to stop Kaidou without a fight still Points to this theory being right. And it was always said Shanks might be a D.
Yeah actually, I kind trust both way, shanks age also fit pretty well with this so it might turn out true that Shanks was xebec son. If we think about it 40 years old Luffy look lot like shanks, so it might be because of his mother genes whose shanks sister

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One could wonder how Shanks would join Roger's ship as apprentice if he was the son of Rocks as it was said they were rivals with Roger. Ace who joined WhiteBeard is a good example of this. Hatred from the son.

Teach having a different last name (Marshall) also doesn't fit. Taking the last name of his mother just like Ace would reveal another woman with D. in her name and it'd be interested to see.

Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
BB has more similarities with Rocks than anyone..
His ships name
His base
Could b his DF too..

Or he simply idolize Rocks...

I wonder what kind of DF Rocks had...I'm expecting previous holder Enel's DF or darkness DF

Also it's possible that he sink the god valley with darkness fruits...make more sense

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Blackbeard imo due to striking similarities outlined. We saw Blackbeard crying as a kid. Maybe its because Rocks died and he's isolated because he's a son of the world's hated pirate?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Blackbeard imo due to striking similarities outlined. We saw Blackbeard crying as a kid. Maybe its because Rocks died and he's isolated because he's a son of the world's hated pirate?
Crying Teach was ~6-7 years old so ~4-5 years after Gods Valley accident.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He seems to be having dreadlocks. Yasopps papa? Usopp and Yasopp get revealed as a D. in current timeline.

Rocks D. Usopp
:love:

In all seriousness, I had a weird theory of my own in which I wanted it to be Shanks father and wanted him to be revealed as Redbeard.

But now seeing the bloodthirstiness of ROCKS and realizing that the guy led 3 future Emperors along with few other pirate legends leds me to believe that he might be related to Teach. Which is fine with me, we might finally learn more of Blackbeard, his backstory and his weird body ability in which he can consume multiple DFs explained.
Still waiting for Usopp to unlock that conqueror

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
In the first look, Xebec's silhouette can be similar to Marshall D. Teach. Also Xebec could have some similarities with Blackbeard as the mentions above. But, i don't think is true because World Goverment and Marine would had a special attention with Teach since the begining of his piracy adventures (Sengoku and other almirants, even Garp, knew about Rocks crew and what happened in God Valley). A lost son? well why Whitebeard would have a son of Xevec in his tripulation? Pitty for a bastard son without a presented loving father? thats a question to resolve then. And why Im-sama was targeting Blackbeard? for Being Xevec's son? For being a a new yonkou and a potential danger clashing plans between them? For be a D.? All options together? Maybe.

A son of Xevec or a real fan of his goals and methods.

No one knows but it seems like Monkey D. Luffy & Marshall D. Teach are the reencarnation of the epic fight between the biggest rivals of the golden era of piracy, Gol D. Roger & Rocks D. Xevec.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
While I think it would be better if Rocks didn't have a child story-wise (because how would the government not know about it), this is an interesting thing to speculate on. Garp doesn't make much sense unless Rocks is a generation older than the other figures from that era, and then it would be weird that he would have such a position in the marines despite this.

If the assumption is that he had a child 38-40 years ago, then quite a few characters fit that age. Notable are the Yonkos Blackbeard and Shanks. These seem to be the popular guesses, likely because of their prominent role in the story, and possible connections they might have. Blackbeard's ship is named the Spear of Xebec, though this may just be a tribute, similar to how the real-life Blackbeard named his ship Queen Anne's Revenge.

Other characters in this age bracket include, but are not limited to: Bastille, Foxy, Buggy, Enel, Caesar Clown, and Iceburg.

Chris Mic

Enjoy Vertigo!
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think it's Blackbeard's father. It would parallel well with Luffy, as Blackbeard is kinda the anti-Luffy.

While Luffy, unknowingly, without pursuing it, is inheriting the will of Roger who is not related to him by blood at all...

Blackbeard, knowingly, would be attempting to inherit the will of Rocks who was his father by completely following in his footsteps.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy is probably a combination of both Roger and Garp. He's a pirate so he's linked to Roger and probably got his will (also probably through Ace). But he's also Garp's grandson and legendary pirates like Big Mom and Whitebeard know that. Not to mention, Luffy has several characteristics and personality traits that match Garp's

The fact that Roger and Garp defeated Rocks is a nice parallel to Luffy vs Blackbeard with Luffy being a merger of ideals of Roger and Garp

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think it's Blackbeard's father. It would parallel well with Luffy, as Blackbeard is kinda the anti-Luffy.

While Luffy, unknowingly, without pursuing it, is inheriting the will of Roger who is not related to him by blood at all...

Blackbeard, knowingly, would be attempting to inherit the will of Rocks who was his father by completely following in his footsteps.
Or maybe they are in the same boat. Inheriting will of people that are not their blood relative.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
While I think it would be better if Rocks didn't have a child story-wise (because how would the government not know about it), this is an interesting thing to speculate on. Garp doesn't make much sense unless Rocks is a generation older than the other figures from that era, and then it would be weird that he would have such a position in the marines despite this.

If the assumption is that he had a child 38-40 years ago, then quite a few characters fit that age. Notable are the Yonkos Blackbeard and Shanks. These seem to be the popular guesses, likely because of their prominent role in the story, and possible connections they might have. Blackbeard's ship is named the Spear of Xebec, though this may just be a tribute, similar to how the real-life Blackbeard named his ship Queen Anne's Revenge.

Other characters in this age bracket include, but are not limited to: Bastille, Foxy, Buggy, Enel, Caesar Clown, and Iceburg.
Rocks being the father of Buggy will be an interesting twist...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Xebec was every big name character's father. He was the legendary Big Dad.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He is Shanks father. Oda let Shanks real name leak by mistake 10 years ago. Look it up on google.

His real name is Shanks D Rock. Shank is the reason Roger was on Gods Valley.

Top Bottom