Island Valkyrie Island

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He scoffs and rolls his eyes. "Really? Why did I let you come with me?" He says with clear annoyance in his tone. He looks at the town *I guess I'm going to have to take the allies...but I love to take the hard way* a grin forms on his face. "Hey, Neko, do you think a fall from this height would kill us?" Before the cat could speak, Viktor jumped off the mountain-like wall. "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Viktor laughs loudly as he pulls out his katanas and stabs them into the wall, slowing their fall.

@Guren

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Valkyrie Island#9 @lophole

With a ridiculous jump, Viktor moved down into the mainland of Valkyrie Island. After experiencing a short complete free fall the young man would turn and stab his weapons into the wall. The eventual result was that he'd start to break his fall which surprisingly worked. The two would arrive on the ground with minimal injuries. Neko took a few moments to recover, eyes and head spinning from the insane stunt that was just pulled off.

With the route of alleyways chosen Viktor would quickly notice that the amount of people decreased the more and more he continued on this path. These were the 'slums' of Valkyrie Island. Where the forgotten and disgraced lived, those that no one wanted to get near. After several corners and paths with almost no one, save a beggar or two, Neko would quickly try and push Viktor back with a hush. Trying to keep him near a wall before turning this final corner. Before them a long and wide path, wide enough to easily contain a cart or two next to each other. Before them a tall young
lady adorned with grey metal armour.

"That's Eir, one of the royal guards. She's the next best thing besides the head judge. You want to fight her and the judge back to back or you want to try and sneak passed her?" Neko said, revealing a strong warrior before Viktor.

The choice was his.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He looks at her and then nods. His expression became more serious as he grabbed Neko and placed them on the ground, not wanting them to get hurt. He slowly approaches the guard. "So... I hear you are the 2nd strongest person on this island. I want a duel." He says with a calm look and a relaxed body. His breath was steady as he drew his blades *I can't get cocky or lose focus.*
@Guren

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Valkyrie Island#10 @lophole

"Foolish,"
Eir said looking at Viktor with a slight confusion on her face. How did he get her? Why didn't anyone stop him? Where one of the few questions raised within her mind. But it didn't matter, fortune was not on the young man's side for Eir was his final hurdle. And a difficult one it'd be.

The path the two warriors found themselves on wasn't an arena that much was clear. Perhaps wide enough to hold 5-6 people next to each other there was some room to manoeuvre but don't expect any acrobatics here. Despite that Eir took the initiative and took a quick step forward. Her speed at first glance appeared to be a slight level above the young warrior who had challenged her. Flowing from this step forward she'd unleash a deadly and powerful sword stab towards the young man's chest. The intent was for a swift single-hit knock out but whether it'd succeed remained to be seen.
41-60: 1. Wall/Tree Level +1C = 2. Small Building Level

"What do you want with Aurora-sama!" Eir said, raising her voice as her sword flew forward like a dagger.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
His eyes follow Eir's movements, his gaze never leaving her. With great speed, Viktor swings his blades down toward the Valkyrie's sword, forcing it to the ground. " Good thrust. I want to fight her. Just a friendly dual to get stronger," He said bluntly as he swung one of his katana towards her body.

Viktor's strength=45=Wall/Tree level
@Guren

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Valkyrie Island#11 @lophole

With more than impressive reactions, Viktor threw the attack down to the ground, quickly following up with a single sword strike. But Eir was a seasoned fighter and understood the young man's intent. A quick pivot on her left foot allowed her a very sharp and fast turn, facing her left shoulder towards the young marine. The strike towards her body would whiff in front of her just barely. The sharp turn was executed at the very last moment while Viktor was in full momentum of his swing. The blade would crash to the ground beside her hitting nothing but air and eventually dirt. Not lasting a single moment she'd stomp the flat-sided part of the katana with her armoured foot, digging the metal even further into the ground. And locking the young man in place for a single moment. "You'll die if you make this kind of mistake," Eir said leaning on her left foot and going for a very strong shoulder charge.

The force and quick step in through her shoulder charge would seal any kind of hope Viktor had to initiate his second weapon to assist. For in those two very fast sequences she'd lock his first strike, talk and immediately step into close combat. Chances were high that her attack would land but Viktor still had options to evade but they'd require a sacrifice of some kind.

Beyond that, Eir kept her gaze on her opponent. Was this boy simply here for a quest for strength? Or was there something more to it?

1. Wall/Tree Level +1(C) = 2. Small Building Level

This is a great example of why you should always mention how you're attacking. With the sentence 'swung one of his katana towards her body' I can now simply make it an overhead swing instead of a horizontal slash. The latter of which in this situation is a lot harder to deal with.

(y)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The young marine's eyes widened as his attack missed his target, leaving him with few options. With dodging seemingly off the table for him, he braces for impact. The charge knocks him back into the wall, creating a loud thud. "Damn!" he shouted in pain "that was a good hit." He Pauses as he grabs the saya and sheaths the blade. "No more mistakes." Soon, his grin is replaced with a serious expression. Viktor dashes at Eir, Kicking up dust with his tremendous speed. With his hand still on the hilt of the katana, he utters the name of his attack "One Sword Style Draw and Resheath Technique: Lion's Song of Death."
Viktor's str: 45= tree/wall level
Loin's song of death = B
DPR is Large building

@Guren

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Valkyrie Island#12 @lophole

A strong shove would push Viktor against a wall but the youth would brush it off, turning much more serious than normally. With his hand on his hilt, the young dashed forward, moments away from attempting a powerful Iai attack. The Lion's Song. Exiting his quick dash Viktor would stand behind Eir, weapon returning into its sheathe with a click. A click that'd announce the result as metal fell on the ground, together with a splash of blood.

Durability: 20
=DPR 2 or more, higher than dura: super effective

Eir would move her hand on her chest as blood nearly overflowed her hand, turning it completely crimson. A shocked and distraught expression was clearly on her face. Wielding her weapon with both her hands she'd turn around, swinging the air with all of her might and strength. A moment where her guard was low had cost her this much. This boy was an oddity but wielded strength that could cause them harm.

"Gale of Freyja!"
41-60: 1. Wall/Tree Level +2(B) = 81-100: 3. Large Building Level

A deadly singular focused blade of air flew off the weapon, heading straight towards Viktor who still had his back towards Eir. A critical attack if it could land. In the meantime, blood continued to flow out of Eir her wound. Her vigour wouldn't allow this to be prolonged much longer.

note: don't forget to add damage results

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Suspired fills his face as she covered her wound. the fact was still standing after that powerful attack Both impressed and shocked the young swordsman. Viktor looks at her, watching as she performed her attack. Strangely he doesn't move, even as the blade of air came closer and closer. Viktor simply opened his arms, making himself a bigger target.
Viktor's durable=45= big building
Viktor takes normal damage
The air slash cuts his chest to were it hurt but not enough to knock him out. Know that she can't keep up fighting, he walks up to her while covering his wound" that was fun but we need to get you to a medic" he says with calm smile before turning Neko was still there" enjoy the show?"
@Guren

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Valkyrie Island#13 @lophole

This warrior was an odd one. He stood by and let Eir her attack hit him straight on the chest. The young Valkyrie was shocked her eyes widening as she couldn't believe what this man was saying. Viktor truly was a wild card. Why did he come here? To test himself? If so then why let himself be hurt in the process? "Hah. You're an odd one." Eir said exhaling and dropping to the ground on her but she finally realized this young man wasn't a threat to their way of life. But a simple wanderer who was looking to test his mettle. Neko too looked on with awe but out of sheer confusion on the way Viktor acts. To the cat he was a walking contradiction it went beyond their understanding.

"Baka, I've stopped trying to understand you."

Eir with a smile upon her face stood up, her hand pressed firmly on her wound. For now, the bleeding was contained but she had one question now with her guard completely down.

"Young warrior. Tell me your name and your purpose for coming here. If you had come down and stated your purpose we'd have acknowledged your need for battle. Your methods might have brought you unnecessary hostility on our part." Eir said, asking straight what Viktor wanted. She accepted his warrior spirit now it was for Viktor to finally claim what he wanted from this realm.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"I'm Viktor Frost, and I will be the world's strongest swordsman. I came here to have a fun battle and to get stronger," he says while looking at her wound. Soon, he removes his shirt and gives it to her." Here. Cover your wound with it." He then looks down toward his wound.* Was that her full strength? It hurts, but it was a lot less than I was expecting. If this head judge lady is only slightly stronger than Eir, that will be highly disappointing. Would it even with it to fight her?" Viktor turns to his 2nd blade. " I need to not lose this again," he says with a smile as he picks it up. "Hey Eir, do you want help to a medic?"

@Guren

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Valkyrie Island#14 @lophole

Eir looked as Viktor introduced himself and with it, the feeling of him being an intruder almost vanished completely. A faint smile appeared on her face as it turned into a chuckle. "Well met Viktor Frost. The main camp has a physician. It's also where Aurora-sama is located. If you want to test your mettle." Eir said, taking the marine's shirt and bowed with gratitude. Not wasting any moment she quickly ripped the fabric and held it towards the wound, pushing it tightly. Eir turned around and moved straight out of this narrow passageway, leading both Viktor and Neko into the main camp. "You do know she was holding back right?" Neko said as it moved right next to Viktor, claiming he hadn't seen all she had to offer. He did end the bout prematurely after all.

In a matter of moments, the tight passageway would open up and reveal a path towards the centre of Valkyrie Island's capital town. At the far back was a large hut. People were moving throughout this centre to the left, right and to the hut itself some even left it. Casting a glimpse of the marine Eir-san's presence made them at ease with the whole situation. He was still a stranger in these lands especially the fact that he was male. Viktor might not have noticed it so far but this place was a matriarchy. Sure there were men but they had supportive roles in these lands.

"Just a few more steps and you'll have your audience with Aurora-sama. If you want to rest up or prepare yourself. I'd suggest to do it now." Eir said, stopping a few paces in front of the larger hut. Whatever Viktor needed to do would be best done now.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As they walked down the path, the young swordsman began to think about Eir's attack, specifically its name. The gale of Freya... gale of Freya...Freya... that name reminded him of something, but who? Viktor was lost in thought when Neko's comment snapped him out of it. "Oh? Really? Damn, I wish it didn't end so fast," he laughs while rubbing the back of his head. The swordsman then turns to Eir. "I should be fine, but thanks." turning to the camp, Viktor's expression became more serious as he walked forward, ready for anything Aurora may throw at him.

@Guren

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Valkyrie Island#15 @lophole
My apologies for the wait.

Viktor took a step forward to the hut, ready to face whatever or rather whoever would emerge from within it. Eir knelt down and soon after the doors opened slowly. "She's here," Neko said calmly.

From those doors a radiant appearance came through, donned with a bright orange/yellow armour the blond head judge of Valkyrie Island emerged, Aurora-sama. In her grand splendour, she showed herself, a shield on her left and a sword on her right. She was the judge and executioner in this place. Her word was law.

"So. You are the one who has bested Eir in combat—a respectable feat."
"Aurora-sama, he is here to test his mettle in a trial by combat."
"Interesting."

Aurora said as she took a few steps closer, observing Viktor with a keen eye. But what she was observing exactly wouldn't be known to the young man. But the process took only a few moments. "I'll allow it, set your desires, young man. Is there something you on the chance that you claim victory?" Aurora said with a genuine warm smile. But Neko took a few steps back, hissing as it did. Some tension between the two was clear.

Alas, it was up to Viktor to set the details of their bout. If he even had any at all.

"Careful what you wish for lad," Neko added.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Before the cat could even finish speaking, the white-haired swordsman spoke his wish. "Booze and food!" Viktor was filled with excitement at what felt like a double win. A fun fight with food and drinks afterward? What a steal the swordsman thinks, but eating alone would be kind of boring. " Let's make it a massive party for your people! " the winged warrior gave a toothy grin. It's clear by his dissipation that he is getting overconfident. " This will be fun!" he says, twirling his right blade and pointing the left towards her. He thinks he can win with ease, but can he, Or is he just getting cocky. We have to wait and see.

@Guren

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Valkyrie Island#16 @lophole

"My my, aren't you a peculiar one," Aurora said, a genuine smile on her face but at the same time Eir was a bit stunned by the young boy's reward. But Aurora waved her loyal soldier out of the way and she complied and with a bow, she moved to the outer circle of this small arena. Viktor too would notice it if he took in his surroundings. A large circle, twice the size of perhaps a Sumo arena was their battleground. Naturally, there was no out-of-bounds rule to this place. Aurora took a few steps to the left of Viktor and afterwards even more paces away, establishing a natural distance between the two. It was here that she'd fully draw her sword and bring out her shield.

"Now then, the first to claim surrender wins? Or if Eir intervenes, we don't want this to turn into a death match do we?" Aurora said, twisting her wrist and twirling her weapon because of it. Her stance was natural and she waited for the response to her challenge.

"If you're good and ready, you may begin young man." She'd say and the metaphorical gong was released.

Top Bottom