Island Vinlandia

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Vinlandia

The Nordic Sea - the coldest sea in the world. It is not on the level of the 4 blues in terms of size, but rather a place in the New World where the water is extremely cold, and the climate on the lone island there, is one of snow, ice, snowstorms, and occasional greenery that has adapted to growing in such harsh climate. The World Government and all of its branches tend to avoid it due to its extreme conditions of cold and ice. The Pirates and the Revolutionaries tend to avoid it, for much the same reasons. The Nordic Sea is an enigma to the rest of the world, and only three things about it are common knowledge. One, you don't want to go there because it's not a nice place. Two, Vikings rule it. And three, the Nordic Sea is currently at war between the Vikings and the rulers of the island, Vinlandia.

Vikings NPCs:

Thors:

90 x 5 = 450
- STR: 78 (Race: +18, MA: +5) = 101
- SPE: 78 (Race: +18, MA: +5) = 101

- Movement: 101
- Reaction: 101
- VIT: 78 (Race: +18, MA: +5) = 101
- Stamina: 101
- Durability: 101
- Martial Arts: 73 (Race: +27) = 100
- Viking: 100
- Brawler: 100
- Haki: 100
- Busou-shoku no Haki: 100
- Kenbun-shoku no Haki: 100 (Item: + 20) = 120

Thorkell:

85 x 5 = 425
- STR: 79 (Race: +16, MA: +5, Item: +20) = 120
- SPE: 84 (Race: +16) = 100

- Movement: 100
- Reaction: 100
- VIT: 84 (Race: +16) = 100
- Stamina: 100 (Item: +20) = 120
- Durability: 100
- Martial Arts: 76 (Race: +24) = 100
- Spear / Speak Throwing: 100
- Expertise: 50
- Life Return: 100
- Haki: 50

Askeladd:

75 x 5 = 375
- STR: 62 (Race: +14, MA: +5) = 81
- SPE: 62 (Race: +14, MA: +5) = 81

- Movement: 81
- Reaction: 81
- VIT: 62 (Race: +14, MA: +5) = 81
- Stamina: 81
- Brawler: 100
- Kenbun-shoku no Haki: 100 (Item: + 20) = 120

Bjorn:

50 x 5 = 250
- STR: 65 (Race: +10, MA: +5) = 80
- SPE: 65 (Race: +10) = 75

- Movement: 75
- Reaction: 75
- VIT: 65 (Race: +10) = 75
- Stamina: 75
- Durability: 75
- Martial Arts: 55 (Race: +15) = 70
- Viking: 70
- Brawler: 70
Thorfinn:

50 x 5 = 250

- Dual Daggers: 70

Vikings (1000):

25 x 5 = 125
- STR: 33 (Race: +4) =37
- SPE: 33 (Race: +4) =37

- Movement: 37
- Reaction: 37
- VIT: 29 (Race: +4) = 33
- Stamina: 33
- Durability: 33
- Martial Arts: 30 (Race: +6) = 36
- Viking: 36
- Brawler: 36

Vinlandia NPCs:

King Sweyn:

90 x 5 = 450
- STR: 78 (Race: +18, MA: +5) = 101
- SPE: 78 (Race: +18, MA: +5) = 101

- Movement: 101
- Reaction: 101
- VIT: 78 (Race: +18, MA: +5) = 101
- Stamina: 101
- Durability: 101
- Martial Arts: 73 (Race: +27) = 100
- Royal Swordsmanship: 100
- Busou-shoku no Haki: 100 (Item: + 20) = 120
- Kenbun-shoku no Haki: 100

Harald:

85 x 5 = 425
- STR: 79 (Race: +16, MA: +5, Item: +20) = 120
- SPE: 80 (Race: +16) = 96

- Movement: 96
- Reaction: 96
- VIT: 84 (Race: +16) = 100
- Stamina: 100 (Item: +20) = 120
- Durability: 100
- Royal Swordsmanship: 100
- Haki: 74
- Kenbun-shoku no Haki: 48

Gor:

75 x 5 = 375
- STR: 62 (Race: +14, MA: +5) = 81
- SPE: 62 (Race: +14, MA: +5) = 81

- Movement: 81
- Reaction: 81
- VIT: 62 (Race: +14, MA: +5) = 81
- Stamina: 81
- Durability: 81
- Martial Arts: 79 (Race: +21) = 100
- Dual Axes: 100
- Kenbun-shoku no Haki: 100

Estrid:

50 x 5 = 250

- Barbed Whip: 70

Royal Guards (5000):

25 x 5 = 125
- STR: 33 (Race: +4) =37
- SPE: 33 (Race: +4) =37

- Movement: 37
- Reaction: 37
- VIT: 29 (Race: +4) = 33
- Stamina: 33
- Durability: 33
- Martial Arts: 30 (Race: +6) = 36
- Viking: 36
- Royal Swordsmanship: 36

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
One-time Beri reward if you help Vinlandia conquer the Vikings: 600 million Beri
One-time Beri reward if you help the Vikings conquer the Vinlandia: 600 million Beri
Weekly Beri reward for territory, if you conquer Vinlandia AND the Vikings and make the whole thing your own: 300 million Beri

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
To the North - Vinlandia @Gambit

It was finally time for the government to take action. Rumours and intelligence from within Vinlandia didn't sound too promising. A land divided in two and on the verge of perhaps already in a full-blown war. These people were an anomaly as far too little information was available to both government and pirates alike. The harsh environment proving a great shield to outsiders much like how Wano kept their borders closed to the outside world.

But as information about Vinlandia trickled to the mainland fear began to influence the decisions of the ranking officers within the marines. If one of these sides had ill intent and were to set sail as a pirate crew or through simple conquests of the blues, the frail balance would surely be disrupted. To that end, they'd sent one of their most powerful Vice-Admirals towards the harsh land of Vinlandia. Hoping that Kallavan would be able to broker peace or if at all possible, wipe the Vikings out entirely if they were deemed to be too much of a problem.

Kallavan's ship had set sail for a couple of days now and many of his crew were wrapped in warm winter clothing, the commander included. Temperatures were plummeting quickly but for now, there was still not land insight. With his crew running around or sheltering below deck Kallavan kept a close watch on the front of his vessel like he always did. He was a man that wanted to act quickly with unforeseen situations and hated the idea to be kept inside his own quarters. Blind, unknown. The time that someone had to take to warn him about enemy vessels were too precious in the event of an enemy attack. Only at night would Kallavan be found within his chambers and at that point his second in command Kanda would take over, taking command over the ship while his superior slept.

Arms crossed Kallavan's piercing narrow eyes did not waver from the chilly waters in front of him. Breath visible due to the differences in body and outside temperature. "They weren't exaggerating about this god damn cold," Kallavan muttered below his breath.

And so the tale of Vinlandia began. But how it'd end was something only fate had in store for him.
84 x 5 = 420 Zoan boosts
- STR: 79 (Race: +16 , DF: +20, FS: +5) = 100(120)
- SPE: 79(Race: +16, DF: +15) =95(110)
- Movement:98(120)
- Reaction: 90(100)
- VIT: 70 (Race: +16, DF: +20, FS +5) =91 (111)
- Stamina: 92(120)
- Durability: 90(102)

- Ryū Ryū no Mi, Model: Allosaurus : 57 (Race: +24) = 81
- Martial Arts: 50
- Rokushiki: 100

- Haki: 85
- Busou-shoku no Haki: 100 ( Item/Haki boost:+20) = 120
- Kenbun-shoku no Haki: 70 [Precognition]

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Icelandia
The moonlight shone down on the Nordic Sea, a body of unparalleled cold waters surrounding a huge mass of ice. On that night, a warship was carrying two individuals wearing a cloak. "We're here now."

Reaching the shore covered with snow, a silhouette underneath the polar bear-made cloak disembarked the boat. Removing his hood, you would see a man of above-average height with long dark hair kept tied back but strands of hair laid down in front. He had a beard and a full-grown goatee, and his eyes are nothing but flesh. He is Thors Snorresson and with him, his wife, Helga, a beautiful blonde lady with blue eyes who would soon beget their first offspring. "This will be our new home?"

Thors would stare at Helga's eyes, almost piercing her soul with such commitment, "And away from war..."

17 years later, once a remorseless and cold warrior, Thors grew into a kind, humble, and loving husband and father. A farmer, a shepherd, and an occasional smith of kitchen wares.

Once a year, the island that sheltered them would experience one season of greenery and it is the most perfect time to shepherd their sheep. And on one busy morning, the snows have already started to melt. "Finally...", Thors uttered as he opened the door of their brick-made bungalow and raise his head toward the morning sky.

"My love, I shall be going.", said Thors to Helga. The latter would wave goodbye, smiling as she stood beside their son, Thorfinn. A 17-year old lad with bushy hair and fierce brown eyes.

"Mother, I really should assist father in shepherding."

"No son. You will help me prepare supper for him. Today's his birthday, remember."

"Oh! I almost forgot! I will go ahead and prepare the meat."
, Thorfinn said with such excitement as he went to the kitchen to fetch his knives. His mom chuckled as she saw him go.

Southeast Vinlandia, Other Kingdom of Saxons
A man was sitting on a throne, wearing a shiny golden crown adorned with bits of colorful precious stones. He is quite old but his eyes are still sharp. His chin was resting on his right fist, lying against the armrest. "These Vikings...", he said as he addressed several people, members of his ministry. "We shall eliminate all of them in order to have full control of all Vinlandia. Without them, a huge sum of land will be ours and you nobles shall be the immediate recipients of these fortunes. Get the mercenaries."

The ministers exchanged brief glances with each of the members sitting on the royal court. All twelve of them wore nothing but grins on their faces. Malicious and full of greed. Their grey beards and mustaches might have turned to this color due to this intent. "Consider it done, Your Highness, King Sweyn."

As the assembly has concluded, the man sitting on the throne, King Sweyn rose to his full height and watched his ministers exited the court. "I am the King and shall be the only one governing this land. These barbarians are ailments that kill my reign. Even if it means killing my younger brother Harald."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
To the North - Vinlandia @Gambit

Morning had finally arrived as the sun pierced through the cold winter fog. Casting rays of warmth upon his crew and starting to clear up their surroundings a bit more. They still couldn't see any land but it wouldn't be long now, according to their navigator they should arrive at Vinlandia at any moment. Footsteps could be heard from behind Kallavan who upon hearing them would turn his head slightly in its direction. His second in command, Kanda Yuu would approach his commander with a warm beverage. "Here, Lizzy insisted upon it," Kanda said as he motioned the drink towards Kallavan. " She should worry more about reaching Vinlandia than my health. We've been moving through this fog for weeks now." Kallavan said as he took the warm cup in his hands and promptly took a sip. The warm drink would spread this feeling through his entire body dulling the piercing cold that pained his body. Kanda could see it upon Kallavan's expression that the drink was well-timed but he knew his commander would never tell that to his face. "Any news about what we'll find there?" Kallavan said, breaking the silence and redirecting attention.
"I'm afraid not. The only thing that we managed to learn is that one side is taking up arms for conquest. The reasonings or what they'll do afterwards remains to be seen."
"Well, whatever their intent, I've heard enough rumours that these Vikings can rival even Vice-Admirals in power. We don't need them in the mix that's for sure. Where's Belmont?"
"Still fast asleep as always sir." Kanda said with a sigh.
"Wake him up, this isn't a vacation trip."

Kallavan said as Kanda responded with a salute and quickly moved to below deck.

While Kanda was below deck the sun had finally taken care of the majority of the winter fog that claimed their surroundings. And now after weeks of travel land was spotted far off in the distance. The member in the crow's nest would finally ring the bell they were waiting for.

"Alright everyone in position, we've finally arrived. You know what to do!" Kallavan said as he turned around and shouted.
"AYE AYE SIR!" The crew responded in unison as they moved around above deck like a well-oiled machine. Sails were being lowered, winds were calculated as to where to turn the sails best for optimal speeds. Which of the opposing faction they'd find first was up to fate but one thing was certain.

Vinlandia was finally within their sights.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
In Icelandia, the children of the village are practicing using swords, shields, and spears near the port. As they pretend to go to battle, two of the boys are pretending to be dead corpses on the battlefield. "Why do we always die first?"

"Dead bodies don't talk"
, the other boy told the other who would then wonder about joining a war, "I wonder if we would ever join a war and enter Valhalla."

Leif Ericson approached the kids and told them, "if you lads died in the snow, you'll get sick, while laughing at them. "Hahahahaha!"

Kid 1: "Says the man who talked about a place called Greenlandia, who doesn't exist by the way! Bleeeeeeh!!"

Leif: "It is true, in fact, I will leave Icelandia today to go to that island, full of grass, no war, only peace."

Kid 2: "Keep dreaming old man."

As the kid mocked him for his stories, Leif looked to the horizon and told one of the kids, "Can you go to the hill and find Thors? And tell him that a warship is approaching the village."

"A w-warship?"
, asked the kid.

"Go now! We don't have much time.", Leif insisted.

Thors' House, Icelandia
Thorfinn went to the kitchen to get his knives, however, when he got there, he realized that his father's favorite is a salmon shark steak, a marine animal that lives in the deep cold territorial waters of Icelandia. "Mom! I will go to the shore and get Father's favorite."

"That's sweet ♥. Why don't you bring someone with you?"

"No mom, I can handle it. I have done it before."

The 17-year old young adult rushed to the shore (opposite side of the port and about 2 kilometers from their house) with his two daggers, and a couple of baits - bonitos. He would not need any fishing rods or nets as his method of catching a 10-foot long predator fish is what makes him a Viking - brute force. "The sun might have finally shown up but the water will still be cold but that's something I can endure for 15 minutes underwater."

Finally, he got his sight at the shore and on the boat that he would use to traverse to the deeper part of the sea where the salmon sharks love to cruise. However, he would not know what lied beyond the mist. Whether it is a threat or friendly mishaps, their mere actions towards the encounter dictate it. And so it happened, the young man embarked on his 5-meter boat and began to paddle towards the deep. Not so long, he would find a fleet of strangers hoisting the flag of the Navy just 5 minutes into his trip.

Vinlandia
The Vikings of a settlement in the Middle East part of Vinlandia were all bathing themselves, which is customarily done on Saturdays. Saxons, the people who settle in the Northeastern part of Vinlandia were well aware of this custom. And as they bathe, 2000 Saxon soldiers marched to the settlement in a stream of water and started to ambush the naked Vikings, who were unprepared and quickly overwhelmed. The Saxons commander told his men to slaughter everyone, including women and children, and burn the settlement to the ground on the orders of the Saxon King Harald of English - Northeast Vinlandia. He is the younger brother of King Sweyn, king of Southeast Vinlandia.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Arrival @Gambit

"CONTACT!" A voice shouted from above the crows nest.

This sudden announcement prompted everyone to look up and afterwards to the front. But Kallavan quickly took the reigns when presented with this news. With his den den mushi in hand, he contacted the private up top.

"Talk to me private. What's the situation?"
"Looks like a fisherman's boat sir with a young man operating the vessel. I'd reckon a teenager from the looks of it."
"Hmm. Roger I'll inform the crew, keep us posted on new developments."
"Aye, aye!"

The private said as he was followed by a click, ending the conversation almost immediately. Kallavan afterwards turned to his men and ordered them to raise several sails as to slow down their approach. Was their information false? Intel said that a war was supposedly plaguing this land but if a young man his age can fish carefree then there has to be something else going on. Kallavan needed information and this young man would most likely be his first source of it. But how the young man would respond to a large ship hailing him would remain to be seen. Eventually, the ship would reach Thorfin's boat, sailing beside it allowing the young man to reach a rope ladder. A voice from above would shout towards Thorfin.

"Young man, we're with the World Government. Vice-Admiral Kallavan wants to speak with you, we've sailed to Vinlandia in response to an alleged war. We're here to help!" The private explained to the young Thorfinn hoping that the young man would see that they came in peace and didn't mean any harm to him. They simply wanted to parley with the young man.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
In the House of the Elders, Icelandia
"Great Elder! Great Elder! Excuse my intrusion. We have received a report from the lighthouse that a ship bearing the flag of the Marines is approaching.", a watcher said to one of the elders, Elder Landi, an 80-year old skinny, bald man but with a full-grown white beard and facial hair.

Surprised, the king put on a scowl on his face, narrowing his eyes, staring at the teenage watcher, "Marines? How?", he responded before he tried to poke his wooden cane against the ground. "There must be something wrong... This place almost does not exist..."

"Call Thors"
, said the elder.

Port of Icelandia
Meanwhile, at the docks. the warship has finally arrived and a group of warriors in white demand to speak with Thors the Troll, but the villagers doubt it's their Thors and recognizes they are greater warriors than they ever dreamed about. Thors finally made it to the docks and presented himself to the warriors. The Jomsvikings, warriors of the Southwest Vinlandia all bow to Thors in respect, much to the villagers' confusion.

Thors called their leader by name and told him, "I have never expected you to come all this way to find you, Floki."

"It's been 18 years, Captain Thors"
, Floki said. "We haven't seen each other since the Norway campaign and I never expected you to hide at the ends of the earth in Icelandia."

"State your business"
, Thors asked.

"But first, I am asking you permission to land."

Landing on the shore, at last, Floki directed his message immediately, "King Odin demands your presence. He will forget your crime for vanishing yourself for almost 2 decades in exchange for your service to fight against the Saxons who are currently threatening the Vikings, our comrades, and our own nation."

Thors quietly drunk a cup of mead, while Floki said that the king is being merciful giving him this offer and after years of vanishing.

"You can return to the battlefield with honor."

Thors broke his silence, "You didn't have to bring a warship just to tell me that and the villagers are afraid."

Floki laughed and said, "You have changed a lot or maybe this village has", then he looked at the boys who have been eavesdropping on his conversation behind that door, which caused them to run away in fear. "This village is peaceful and the children have lived free of war", sneering as he implied something terrible.

This earned a scornful look from Thors, but he would comply in the end out of fear that Floki would harm the villagers that he loves.

"Very well, looks like we have just finalized this discussion. We will leave. We expect you to arrive in the port of Southwest Vinlandia the following day thereafter."

As the Jomsviking headed to the port off to Vinlandia, Thors stared dead at the sky and looked back on his days as a Jomsviking. He thought that perhaps, the god himself was making him pay for all the lives that he took away before.

In Vinlandia, the same scenario transpired when the leader of the Northwestern Tribe of Vikings learned of the surprise attack by the Saxons led by King Harald.

"My Lord! My Lord! Excuse my intrusion. We have received a report from the nearby tribe that the Saxons massacred the Middle Norse Tribe", a soldier said to his master, Askeladd. Villainy and intimidating figure of the Vikings.

Agitated, Thorkell put on a scowl on his face, narrowing his eyes, glaring at the soldier, "What?!", he responded before he unsheathed his sword, poking it on the concrete floor. "So they finally started..."

"Estrid!"
, hailed the king. Footsteps approached rapidly across the hallway and kept on thumping the floor louder and clear.

"My Lord!", she knelt acknowledging the King's presence. "You called for me."

"Send a message to Thorkell, Southwest. Tell him..."

After the king sent her away, Estrid vanished like a mist blown away by a storm. Wielding her barbed whip and her raw strength, she would catapult towards the shore. This warrior might have been one of those who have the highest potential. She is only 16 but boasts the strength of 100 men, the speed of a wolf, and the intelligence of a fox. She is also the most beautiful woman in all of Vinlandia - but that will only manifest should one is capable of unmasking her helm of horns. With her, 200 strong Vikings, ready to die for her.

Back on the shore of Icelandia
Thorfinn was sailing his boat but before he could even dive into the sea, a huge Navy warship emerged from the mist, "What is this?!", a scared Thorfinn uttered. Finally, a man spoke above, calling the place Vinlandia.

"V-Vinlandia? I have never heard of such a place. This is the sea surrounding Icelandia. And this place is peaceful.", he said as he raised his two arms, shielding himself with his two daggers. His eyes became different all of a sudden. A fierce look on his face. A fox surrounded by a pack of wolves.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Icelandia?@Gambit

"Icelandia?" The private replied with visible confusion.

Upon hearing the words leave the private's mouth Kallavan shared the confusion his private felt. The Vice-Admiral moved towards the private with a furrowed brow as he wanted to know how they managed to get so much off course. "Someone get Lizzy. It'd appear the mist has thrown us more off course than we realized. And where are Kanda and Trevor, someone get them at the double!" Kallavan said as a nearby member saluted and carried out his order. With the warship now almost dead still in the water, Kallavan showed himself to the young man. A clear fierce look ready to defend himself at a moments notice, the admiral moving his eyes over the daggers the young man wielded.

"My name is Kallavan, Vice-Admiral and commander of this vessel. We mean no harm young man. We've set sail towards Vinlandia but you claim to have never heard of the place? Could you perhaps direct us toward some land so we can get our bearings? The route thus far has been rather unkind..." Kallavan said as he was cut off by a ringing den den mushi, a strange object in the eyes of this northern young man. Kallavan would turn and move away from the edge of the ship to have this conversation in private.

"Sir, I've seen a warship sail in and out quite some distance away from us. I'd reckon there is land directly in front of us. Which would make sense given the young man in the fisherman's boat." - The private up top said as he gave an update.

"Good work, keep me posted if more ships arrive." - Kallavan responded as he ended the calm and redirected his gaze upon Thorfinn.

"Young man, my subordinate claims to have spotted a warship moving in and out of what appears to be land some distance from our position. I'd assume this is the Icelandia you speak about? You may board our vessel and we'll escort you towards your homeland. You must be worried about what happened, right?" Kallavan said, playing into the young man's supposed innocence. And hopefully, a nationalistic sense which people who are closed off from the rest of the world usually harbour.

Whether or not Thorfin actually moved aboard mattered little to Kallavan it'd be simplest if he did so he could pry more into their current whereabouts. But if he didn't and moved towards his hometown with reckless abandon Kallavan and his crew would simply follow him, with their warship they could easily tail a fisherman's boat. Whatever the young man decided the marine warship would eventually reach Icelandia in the hopes of finding out where their calculations failed to reach their supposed destination.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Icelandia
Half an hour after Floki and his Jomsviking army sailed away from Icelandia, Ari, an 18-year old black-haired young man was rushing towards Thors' house. His hair is held backward by a ponytail. "Thors! Thors!"

Helga, opened the door to find out who was calling her husband. "Ari... What's the matter?"

"Huff. Huff. Aunt Helga, Huff. Huff. I was sent by Elder Landi to deliver a message to Thors. Where is-"

He didn't need to finish his question as Thors emerged right from that door, "Ari, speak."

"T-there's a Navy vessel spotted just several meters from the shore.", Ari said, pointing to the direction of the shore, eastern.

"Helga, I shall go.", he then turned to Ari, "Let's go, Ari."

Thors and Ari went down the hill and headed to the shore. They didn't know yet that Thorfinn is currently engaged in a conversation with these marines.

On the shore
A muscular man introduced himself to be a Marine Vice-Admiral. From his looks, he seems so strong and wise just like his father. The young man wasn't intimidated because of the similar aura it represents. And then the Vice-Admiral started to reason out with him. Thorfinn would accept the marine's offer to board their vessel before holsting his daggers back at their sheathes. "Alright... But please fetch my boat as well."

Now aboard the ship, he would find himself in private conversation with Kallavan somewhere on the deck. "Are you sure that the warship just sailed away from there", he said pointing his left index finger backward.

"And there is no way that a warship will land on this peaceful island. We are not at war!", he responded but now with a fazed look on his face. Seemingly displaying how concerned he is about the situation back home.

"Let's hurry, please!"

As the marine vessel traverses the shore, Ari and Thors are coming near. The moment Kallavan, Thorfinn, and the navy arrived, they will have met his father.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Icelandia

With Thorfin now aboard his ship Kallavan ordered his men for full speed towards Icelandia. The young man's boat also hoisted upwards, remaining at the side of the marine vessel. Thorfin and Kallavan would be located that the front of the ship as they engaged in a somewhat private conversation. The marine's most trusted officers also finally arrived, a loyal Kanda making orders while the still sleepy Trevor moved around the ship cursing this life.

"According to the man up top, it'd appear so," Kallavan said pointing towards the crows nest high above them.
"You may not be at war young man, but they may have arrived looking for capable fighters to join a war. The information we've received was credible. War is brewing. Perhaps not here but close enough to your borders." Kallavan said, giving his own thoughts on the matter.

The Vice-Admiral would simply nod towards Thorfin's latest request as the ship took up more speed with the winds now fully behind their sales. In due time the crew would reach the unknown Island Icelandia and get to the truth of the matter as to what was happening in this forgotten place in the new world.

The vessel would slow down as it rose its sails and docked to a nearby harbour, greeted by a yet unknown man. Kallavan's gaze would meet the man as he could feel by instinct that this man was powerful.

"Sir..." A voice would suddenly call him out to his side. A turn would reveal that Kanda and Trevor had joined him and the boy to the front.
" Speak your mind Captain" - Kallavan said as he returned his gaze upon Thors.
" He's strong sir. I'd say perhaps stronger than you. But I can feel a worrying amount of restraint from him. He might be more capable than I can read at this point." Kanda said, using his mantra to gauge the man before him.
" Stronger than the Vice-Admiral? Not bad." Trevor would say with a whisper, revealing a low raspy voice.
" Let's see what the man has to say," Kallavan responded as he avoided replying to Kanda's initial readings. So far this man was not a threat.

" We're here to parley Sir. Please who's the leader of this nation? I'm Vice-Admiral Kallavan of the navy." Kallavan said introducing himself and his reasons for being here.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Thorfinn was now aboard the Marine vessel talking to the Vice-Admiral. "Your name is Kallavan, aren't you? You look strong, just like my father. But nobody on this island is a warrior the way you implied it. We are commonly blacksmiths, farmers, fishermen, and drunk men at night."

He responded to Kallavan as he went nearer the bow of the ship, staring at the shore almost nearby. "Huh?! F-father?". The boy's eyes sparkled like a kid receiving a present when he finally saw his father. "It's my father.", said Kallavan.

"Father!!!", waving his right hand at the 2 men waiting.

The marines might have seen the man as several others onboard were whispering. Albeit faint, Thorfinn could distinguish that they were referring to his old man. He smirked. In his mind, My father couldn't even make a good metal pot in Uncle Leif's shop. He wasn't aware of what his father is capable of.

Ari and Thors were still standing on the shore but they were beginning to see through the mist a vessel about to dock their location. A ship? But the Vikings have just departed. No! It couldn't be., Thors thought as he finally saw a clear outlook of the incoming and the people aboard the deck. T-Thorfin?

"Thorfinn!!!", shouted Thors at the top of his lungs when he spotted his son. What is he doing?

THAT IS MY SON ABOARD YOUR WARSHIP. WHAT BUSINESS HAS BROUGHT YOU HERE TO ICELANDIA? That was ONLY Thors ideal response he fashioned inside his head, roaring like a mad lion for the first time since his last battle as a member and captain of the Jomsviking upon seeing his son aboard a foreign ship. A roar that could be heard from he was currently standing in the position of Kallavan's ship, about 50 meters. BUT he did not do it. Instead, he let the vessel docked on the port first while the commander of the ship tried to reason out with him.

"A parley, you said? I just had a talk with an army trying to threaten my people. You did not go this far to do the same, right Vice-Admiral Kallavan?"

There would be a brief silence between the two men as a gust of wind coming from the east would blow past them. "I am Thors, the father of the kid. I am the guardian of this land, Icelandia but we listen to the elder.

Thors scrutinized each of the marines aboard the ship. Sizing them all up even the Vice-Admiral in front of him. At a quick glance, he already disliked one of them, a man with long black hair but he was talking to quite a respectable figure, he would let it pass.

"Come."

Thors gestured to Kallavan to follow him at the elder's place. He thought that if they were the Navy, then there's nothing to worry about. At least for now.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Meeting the Elder@Gambit

" I am not. I'm here for the opposite in fact." Kallavan said replying to Thors' fears of his people being exploited further. While both champions were gauging one another silence took the place. Kallavan's green eyes piercing, looking deep into Thors his own trying to feel out his type of personality. But alas, he could not get a reading on the man before him besides what Kanda already established a few moments ago. " Join your father young man. Don't forget your boat." The Vice-Admiral said as he took a few steps before taking a large leap towards the mainland of Icelandia.

Once he landed Kallavan would move his direction upon Kanda and Trevor. " Lieutenant you're in charge. See to it that the young man arrives on land safely. I'll be back shortly. "

"Yes sir!" Lieutenant Kanda said with a well-practised salute.
"When are you going to get rid of that stick up your butt..." Trevor said nearly mumbling but well enough for Kanda to hear him.
"You help the child....Captain." Kanda said with emphasis not walking into his attempts to create an argument.
"Aye aye, ye got it chief," Trevor replied as he waved at him dismissively.

Trevor did as he was told and would make sure the boat was properly lowered and if necessary moved towards shore. He wasn't sure whether the kid would move towards his father immediately or not. But if he didn't the marine captain would make sure to row him towards the island safely. Kanda in the meantime would move about the ship gathering intel on their course and a supply count. For now, the Marines would remain on their vessel besides Trevor.

Kallavan in turn would walk a bit behind Thors as he'd lead him the way towards the leader of this nation. Refraining from talking for he did not like a pointless conversation.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Thorfinn safely came back to the shore and now had joined his father before Kallavan decided to meet the elder, too. Thors, a man who was known to be one of the most ruthless beings in all of Vinlandia has and will forever be someone whose sense of awareness and intuition is unparalleled. He was carefully observing Kallavan, albeit the marine was walking from his behind - seemingly being careful as well. Thors would remain silent until finally, they reached the peak of the hill where the elder resides.

Thors: "We're here."

A simple bungalow built partly with bricks and timber would emerge before their eyes. A simple dwelling where a simple and wise man resides. Outside the house, a pot of soup was being simmered over a hot stone, amplified by embers of coals underneath. On the left side, stables of sheep could be seen. Thors was standing in front of the door. "Elder Landi, we've got company."

Thors turned to Kallavan and gestured his head toward the front door. Thors would go near first to raise the curtain of the door and let the Vice-Admiral come in first as a gesture of hospitality. "Make yourselves comfortable."

The elder after seeing the marine for the first time smiled and immediately got to business. "What brought you here, young marine?"

When the elder asked Kallavan, Thors whispered Ari, "Get the men something to drink to ease the cold."

Then he looked at his son, nodding his head down so the boy would come over. When his son reached him, he also whispered, "Get back to your mother. We don't want her to worry about you."

"Yes father."
, Thorfinn obeyed before rushing outside.

"Elder. Please allow me to speak.", Thors said to the elder Landi.

Elder: "Go ahead Thors."

"The Vice-Admiral offered his aid to this mission. I still have doubts as to how they got their intelligence of the current war in the land where I came from. However, removing that from the equation, could certainly give us the advantage to triumph and dethrone the ruthless sovereign of the Saxon Empire who had been killing even the innocent Vikings just to get a hold of the land."

He then turned to Kallavan, seemingly waiting for his resolve.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The Meeting

Kallavan and Thors came into view of the Elders' house, a quaint and humble home one would say. The smells of the soup being prepared struck a cord in Kallavan's body. It had been some time since he had been without a hot beverage or dish. Especially at sea, it wasn't always easy to prepare well-cooked meals. But the man made do with what he had. It wouldn't be visible on his face but he secretly wished they'd offer him some, uncharacteristic to the proudful man. The Admiral would finally snap out of this trance once Thors beckoned him to follow inside.

With the curtain to the side, the marine would enter first and took a nearby spot to sit and or stand whatever the option was. While he was making himself comfortable the man would reply to the elder's first question. "I'm here to prevent further destabilization. " He'd say short and to the point. But the elder would know he was referring to the looming war.

Kallavan had positioned himself either sitting or standing and listened to Thors first before he'd join in.

"I'd like to add some clarification, however. Firstly, where did my men and I arrive? We were out to venture towards Vinlandia. But the young man corrected me earlier that this is to be Icelandia? Secondly, while we are indeed here to prevent war we're also on a mission to prevent the victor from raiding out into the blues. You people seem to care more about nature and to live in harmony with the land without bothering your fellow men. If that is indeed what you desire I shall not come between that. But your statement worries me a small bit." Kallavan said as he took a bit of a pause, considering his words before speaking them.
"In the event that we succeed in defeating this Saxon Empire, who'd run the land when a power vacuum has been created? I'd like to settle this matter without having to worry about it after the fact."
"Perhaps a lay of the land or an introduction to these Islands are in order for me to fully grasp the situation. There are a lot of variables for me to consider it'd seem." Kallavan said as he observed both Thors and the Elder. The two went straight to the point but had forgotten that this man was a stranger and had arrived at the wrong destination.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Proposal

Soup made of sheep broth, spiced with black pepper, seawater salt, potatoes, cabbages, and mushrooms was ready. Outside, Arin would prepare a tray and a total of 5 bowls for each of the people in the meeting would soon get theirs, the Vice-Admiral included.

Inside the elder's dwelling, Thors would lay out his plans while gathering information about the marines' involvement in this war. Soon after, Kallavan made it clear that they initially planned to venture directly to Thor's home nation, Vinlandia. Whilst lost in the journey, they had a mission. Thors would speak as he sat down across the seat where the admiral was.

"I understand. That's what the World Government does, isn't it?", he stared at Kallavan with such conviction and reservation. "Neutralize the land and make it their sovereignty. We've seen that for decades. Vinlandia was supposed to be the final resting place for the heroes of Vikings. A retirement paradise since its discovery several decades ago. However, when the Roman Empire discovered this land, they capitalized on the weakened state of the natives there and drove them away to the other coast of the island. Decades later came the Saxon and defeated the Romans. Vikings would still be strangers to their own land but the younger generations would start to revolt. Training themselves to be capable warriors until such time that they could even hurt the opposing empire. The two empires would go toe-to-toe but neither rose as the victor."

The talk would be cut momentarily when Arin entered the room and served the meals and fermented grapes. They would capitalize on this silence to breathe and re-evaluate the situation. When Arin had served them all, Thors would acknowledge this gesture and the young man would go back outside the dwelling. "Please have some Vice-Admiral...", Elder said, smiling, inviting.

Thors would sip from his bowl before putting it back onto the table. Then he would reach out for the drink. He would continue to address Kallavan's proposal. "The Vikings since become hungry for power. They would challenge any nation that seem to be a threat to their dominion. They have become ruthless warriors and their bloodlust has kept on growing to new heights. These monsters are tough. You have to take the leaders out of the equation if you want them to submit to peace and harmony. Is this the kind of mission your marines would settle for? This is an invitation of death!", Thors said before drinking up the wine.

"Lastly, this is Icelandia, 100 nautical miles southeast of Vinlandia. That's full-day travel via warship, night included. If we're careless, we would take that route. Ambushers and hired missionaries are hiding along that stretch, Faroe Islands to be exact."

Thors just keep on staring at the vice-admiral, trying to read through his thoughts. At last, he made his conclusion.

"In other words, defeat the Saxons with the help of the Vikings, eliminate the Viking Leaders from the equation, free the land, and they are all yours to claim. That's the plan.", Thors rise from his seat. It's about time to hear from the other side.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinlandia - @Gambit

Kallavan sat down on the opposite side from Thors as the two engaged in conversation and discussion. "That was our old prerogative. In this day and age, we assist those that wish to align themselves with us. We provide them jobs, income, food and military training until they're ready to join us in our quest for peace. But alas, that is not why I am here. High command has accepted Vinlandia's plea to remain neutral and self-governed for centuries. But we cannot allow that to change. Saxons today, innocent people of the blues tomorrow." Kallavan would reply as he gladly accepted the bowl of warm soup. " Thank you for the hospitality." Kallavan would say directing his gratitude to both Thors, the elder and Arin.

While eating through his bowl of soup the Admiral would continue to listen to Thors who had more to say on the matter of Kallavan's proposal. Thor's would go on to explain that to heal Vinlandia they had to defeat the current insurgency within it. Powerful and bloodthirsty Vikings who were hellbent on defeating anything in its path. When Thors questioned whether the marines were ready for such a mission was where he'd be met with a one-eye glare from Kallavan, haki nearly latching out. But like clenching a fist, Kallavan quickly calmed himself down.

" You've described them yourself Thors, do these people sound like the kind that would listen to our heartfelt pleas to coexist and lay down their arms happily? No. Hatred and vengeance for what has happened in the past run too deep within their very core. No amount of talking will change their minds. Only those that aren't fully corrupted can we possibly change. But for that to happen we'll have to get rid of the root of that influence, their very leaders. Or so you'd suggest, right? '' Kallavan would say as he'd slurp down his last bit of soup and clench his remaining thirst with the drink that was given him.

"You're a capable man Thors. You should be able to read without a fault that my men and I are certainly capable of assisting in this matter. I'd even dare say that we're the piece on the board that might tip the battle in your favour. They were here a few moments before I arrived, no? Perhaps conscripting you to fight for them. But you do not strike me as the war seeking type. My arrival must've been a gift from the heavens. " The Admiral would say closing his own point in the discussion. Showing a part of his shrewd personality.

"I have no qualms in this plan of yours, Thors. However, can I count on your word that the remaining Vikings will be able to live on these lands without feeling the need to seek conquest on the blues? If we go on with this plan, of course." Kallavan said, asking a question to Thors. Kallavan's mission was to prevent an uprising that could disrupt the careful balance that rests in the blues. A party with the might of either Saxon or Jomsvikings would most certainly destroy that balance and the tranquil lives within the blues. Should they arrive in the form of a pirate crew or simply a war party. "I only hope we'll be able to regroup with the Vikings before the Saxon's hit them. Otherwise, it'd be a very chaotic battle I'm afraid."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Thors would listen to the Admiral's resolve and interrogation. He read him as a man who would lend his hand to assist the weak but significantly cautious and devoted to maintaining such equilibrium. Perhaps his own sense of justice. Thors is just like that but his past lingers in him and so Kallavan has to hear.

"Many years ago, I was part of the Viking Mercenaries who knew nothing but bloodshed. We would raid island after island in all of the Nordic Seas, a body of water secluded from the rest because of its difficulty to sail on. As a captain of the Vikings Army, I am capable of dealing with a number of warships. Such ease. But a certain life event would change that. The rest was history. And I ended up here. Living in peace and harmony. That choice was the best choice I did. It's also the most sinful one I made that I would perish in all eternity."

Thors walked slowly towards the door, swaying the curtain to the sides to blatantly display the house to the outside and the serenity of the hill to the inside. He would raise his right arm across his head only to lean his elbow against the frame of the door.

"You described the upcoming situation very clearly and wisely Kallavan but one thing."

The wind blew past Thors so that his hair would flutter against the wind. A cold breeze but the warmth of peace intertwined with it. A truly magical sensation of a harmonic way of living.

"The Vikings choose their own lord based on their own mere power. The strongest shall rule. They will die fighting for it to reach Valhalla - a resting place for all of us Vikings. But that place can only be reached if you die at war with honor."

Thors turned around so Kallavan could see his face. A fierce look would be thrown into the air. His resolve would be felt across the room. The booming will of an old warrior would burst open. And if Kallavan would try to sense its willpower, it would be more than enough to justify this man's strength and code.
This sudden burst of COC is for flavor purposes only.

"I never thought of returning to that land but if protecting this country and freeing the land means that I need to end the war and replace the old rulers, then I will give my own life. You have my word. I wouldn't mind a treaty with the World Government after all this is over."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinlandia - @Gambit

Kallavan remained silent as he listened to Gambit's tale. Taking the occasional drink from the cup that was given him earlier. The tale spoke to Thors' origins, a bloodied past filled with warmongering, raiding and actually shedding the blood of the innocent. It'd almost get a chuckle out of Kallavan for these two men had walked the same road from the past to the present. However, their actual destination was different or the lessons they learned through it was. Thors' desired peace and a pacifist life. While Kallavan desired the same but through action and overwhelming power, the demons from his own past would not let him sleep if he'd go off to live on a deserted island. The marine would not speak and simply followed Thors with his eyes as he paced towards the door, using its window to peer outside.

"Hierarchy based on raw strength alone, interesting but a rather frail system. Which can be exploited." Kallavan said more in general than directed to anyone.

Thors would then finally turn around, showing his true resolve and willpower. It was not aimed to dominate but to acknowledge their partnership. Kallavan could feel it now more clearly than ever before. This man before him was strong, in terms of raw development he had him beat. But Thors was unaware that the Kallavan that sat before him had a stronger form. Capable of wielding something potentially unknown to these lands.

" A treaty sounds like a fine idea. But first, let us put this land back into what it used to be. No, rather what it was supposed to be all those years ago. Its true essence has been lost over the years of war and vengeance that much I can gather." Kallavan said as he stood up from the table and moved over towards Thors, moving his right hand towards the man. Awaiting a reply for his handshake.

" A quick question. Are you people aware of Devil Fruits?" Kallavan said, wondering if these fruits had reached Vinlandia and Icelandia yet. If not, he should probably warn Thors in advance of the power that loomed within Kallavan.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Thors presented his resolve and willpower as a gesture of truce with the World Government, led by the campaign of the Vice-Admiral himself, Kallavan. Some people would have been surprised if not intimidated by the overwhelming presence of the former captain of the Jomsvikings but neither of these was made apparent to the strong marine before him. Kallavan did not flinch nor twitch. He remained calm and observant. He withstood Thors fearsome demeanor. The Vice-Admiral was able to win Thors' attention and much more, his respect.

As it turned out, the marine would forward as his right arm progressed towards him, offering his equal respect. Thors' would scrutinize the marine's eyes. Boldly and meaningfully. Around 5 seconds would pass but for the man, Kallavan is facing, it seemed like forever as he was currently clouded by thoughts and plundered with worries about the security of his people. But finally, Thors would lay out his right arm, gesturing the much-awaited acknowledgment. And as their hands locked so ever firmly, Thors would find an ally and for the first time, he would build trust to somebody from outside his own blood, nation, and culture.

"Devil Fruit?", he asked back, chuckling a little. "We've heard tales about alchemy and sorcery. But certainly, you lot from the outside world made up names out of a jar of jesters."

Top Bottom