Island Vinlandia

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinlandia #2
@Dream

Icelandia

In the snow covered village, children practiced their hand with weaponry, while the adults performed their duties near the port. There, a tall man with long dark hair kept tied back with two strands of hair always left over his forehead stood unphased in the freezing weather of his homeland, receiving the World Economy News Paper from the now departing News Coos. It shivered and squawked as it barely made it's way alive through the freezing temperatures of the Nordic Sea.

He flipped through the pages quickly, taking in major events pertaining to the fall of two Emperors and the rise of another: La Spada. He scoffed before raising head just in time to witness the arrival of a marine warship, the first one since Kallavan departed. He had no idea what the World Government forces could possibly want at this time, but one thing was certain. The Nordic Sea was definitely becoming popular with the marines. The villagers began to gather around the port, curiosity piqued at the arrival of the strange ship.

Thors made his way towards the docks, intending to meet the marines personally. All the while, a watcher made his way towards the quarters of the Great Elder to alert him of the Navy's arrival.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
VINLANDIA - Post #3
@Infinity

What was the true reason behind the arrival was the question, why was i coming to Vinladia? ... The question was still lingering even to Dark Schneider and Clive Rosfield. Upon breaking the two from rambling, I'd finally caught their attention.

[Link]: " Before i give you the intel on this mission. I recruited you two in specific after i had read some reports of those who had you undertake the rigorous training. But what came after, now that you can consider me impressed after your results from hell week that many of the new recruits undertake. But that wasn't all as you two went through even a training that was worse than hell week, but extreme hell week. "​

I'd take a moment to sigh as my sigh could be visible to the duo, just as my breath under the freezing temperature then continued on.

[Link]: " Now you heard my reason for you two and why i recruited you two in specific. As for our mission, it's quite simple there were various factors for why we are headed towards Vinladia. One, have you heard of Kallavan Stormblessed, the very one who defeated Kaido. I heard before he defeated him, that Vinladia was his last destination. So i want to come here in specific, and find out what he found and help me develop to being a better marine. Now the second matter is Kallavan's reports from here, i'd like to recruit a soldier from here but also build that relationship between us and them. "​

Clive remained quiet but took everything in, as he listened and observed. Whereas Dark Schneider was quick to speak.

[Dark Schneider]: " So let me get this right. Your coming here because someone already did and got strong, and you feel left behind and chasing someone's tail? "​

Clive would close his eyes as screams, grunting, with the sounds of whips being heard as the voices withered into the back as a voice could be heard telling him never give up would be heard. He'd then open his eyes, as he stared directly at the table remembering the hellish week that he went through to rise to the rank of Commander after his extreme hell week.

I'd sigh after hearing Dark Schneider's words in rebuffal then respond to him.

[Link]: " I'm not chasing anyone's tail, but i am drawing it as inspiration. For a better tomorrow, it's better to understand where i might be going wrong. For that is the reason "​

Before anything, the lookouts would yell into the speaker that the docks of Vinlandia were sighted flashing a light that they came in peace. With a soldier anticipating their arrival after sighting our arrival, as myself and the duo upon hearing the sighting rose to our feet and made our way to get on deck and make our arrival. As the ship approached the docks the anchor would be dropped as marine soldiers made the ship stop at the dock with us then placed a plank for us to make arrival.

The feel of the cold would be ever-present, as we came aboard the docks making our first steps on the island of Vinladia.

[Clive Rosfield]: " So this is Vinladia? "​

The Vinlandian who was present to make a meeting, i'd then raise my hand upwards to make a handshake.

[Link]: " Thank you for meeting us. My name is Link and I'm a Vice-Admiral of the Marines. "​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinlandia #3
@Dream

As the marine vessel arrived, they flashed a light that indicated that they came in peace. Thors looked on silently and patiently as it approached the docks and dropped anchor. On the deck, the marines prepared a plank for their commanding officer, placing it down quickly allowing him and his men to make their way in front of the dark haired man. To his surprise, the Vice Admiral looked younger than he expected. However, his eyes shone with ferocity. His golden hair and marine's jacket flapped gently in the cold winds of Icelandia. Raising his arm, he introduced himself.

"Thank you for meeting us. My name is Link and I'm a Vice-Admiral of the Marines." He said, straight to the point.

Thors returned his greeting, raising his arm to shake the marine's. "I'm the guardian of this land of Icelandia, Thors. What brings the marines yet again to this land? Did Kallavan send you here?" The man questioned. With the defeat of King Swelyn, Thors was confused as to why the marines would be here again. The man couldn't help but wonder if there was a current threat to Vinlandia that he was unaware of, after all he hadn't seen any bad futures. He waited patiently for the Vice Admiral's reply. All the while, the villagers looked on curiously.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
VINLANDIA - Post #4
@Infinity

Introducing myself to the blonde Vinladian, then raised my arm for a handshake as the Vinladian introduced himself as Thors.
"I'm the guardian of this land of Icelandia, Thors. What brings the marine's yet again to this land? Did Kallavan send you here?" T
I'd smile shaking his hand, though you could call it intuition just from my nerves i knew this man was strong.

[Link]: " Thank you Thors for the warm welcome. What brings me here is i wanted to meet you. I heard a lot about you from Kallavan's reports."​

[Link]: " You could call this is a sightseeing opportunity for me. I'm not here on a mission but I've wanted to see you in person. "​

Clive looked around seeing nothing but a winter wonderland with Dark Schnieder dressed in nothing but rags as he'd butt into the conversation.

[Dark Schneider]: " I'm sorry to interrupt but could we go somewhere warm as I'm feeling the chill ..... ACHOOOO! "​

[Clive Rosfield]: " Don't you have any manners? ... Though I agree with this guy it's a bit too chilly for us if you don't mind sir "​

The duo were looking for somewhere warm to continue any dialogue that was meant to be. For two lunarian's why would the cold bother them? ... It was simple they were restricted from using their power outside of missions so as to not cause any distress and distrust among the civilians. But more importantly not be labelled as monsters and then be reported to Headquarters for causing a ruckus, especially for new recruits.

I'd stare at the duo and remember this and swiftly asked Thors

[Link]: " Sorry Thors, if you don't mind could we continue this somewhere warm? "​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinlandia #4
@Dream

The blonde haired man shook Thors' hand, expressing his willingness to meet the man after Kallavan's report on the situation on Vinlandia. Thors cracked a small smile before replying to the marine.

"It's a pleasure. I'm glad Kallavan has spoken highly of us. I hope he is doing well."

However, their conversation was cut short by his companions, who were expectedly not fond of the cold climate of Icelandia. Thors quietly took in their appearance, raising a brow at their tan colored skin, white hair and black wings.

"Sorry Thors, if you don't mind could we continue this somewhere warm?" said Link, diverting his focus.

The dark haired man nodded his head.
"Of course, you're our guests. Any friends of Kallavan are friends of mine. I'll take you to the elders, I'm sure they're already aware you've arrived."

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
VINLANDIA - Post #5
@Infinity

Given that the new two recruits were unable to utilise their ignition flames that harbored through their very essence, their reactions and causing a scene was something useful as it meant it was one step closer for the dialogues to commence. The environment around was nothing of a thick carpet of snow heavy and thick that slubbered across as far as the eyes could see just minus the ocean that was behind us.

"It's a pleasure. I'm glad Kallavan has spoken highly of us. I hope he is doing well."
[Link]: " Yes he's doing well. Though i took a look at the reports of his outing here and i was impressed by hearing a lot about this place. But more importantly people of Vinlandia. "​

A marine soldier would follow behind and salute just as we would take a step. "Sir, the recruit that we had an eye on has over exceeded his perimeters. What do we do now?" he'd whisper behind me to only have me hear.

[Link]: " Good, send word to have him meet us around here in a nearby island so we can pick him up. "​

The marine soldier would salute and then turn around as he made his way back on the ship.

[Link]: " Thank you for the hospitality Thors. "​

We would then make our way toward where the elders were located at. Along the way, i'd pay heed to the trudging that we had to go through due to how thick the snow was and how difficult it was.

[Dark Schneider]: " Hey Link, i know we can't use our Ignition. But right now i think we should use our ignition as this cold is bothering me. "​
[Clive Rosfield]: " Do you remember before we set motion we were reprimanded and restricted. Just our appearance alone is terrifying for everyone any more and we are screwed idiot. "​

[Link]: " Clive is correct. Unless you want to cause a scene and I'll be forced to slice you to bits for putting us in jeopardy. "​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinlandia #5
@Dream

Thors readily agreed to the request of the Vice Admiral. Any ally of Kallavan was welcome. Furthur more, even he could not quell his curiosity on Link's eargeness to meet him. A marine soldier would suddenly appear to converse with the Vice Admiral. While they spoke, Thors signalled to crowd to disperse, as he silently signalled that it was all safe, to their relief.

"Thank you for the hospitality Thors." Link said in gratitude. Thors nodded in response.This guy's a pretty polite one isn't he?

"Let's take our leave, before you all freeze to death." he said, sporting relaxed smile. With that, Thors led the group of marines through the snow bathed village. Thors trudged through the deep thick snow with ease, having lived here for years, he was used to maneuvering through this type of terrain. However, the Marines didnt have it as easy. They followed along with some difficulty for quite some time, until they finally arrived at their destination. The Elder's hut. Thors turned around to face the marines and gestured them to enter.

"Here we are. Enter and have respect." Thors said, peering at Link's two Lunarian companions. Along with their strange appearance, Thors could deduct that this duo were a bit around the edges, he would like to avoid a scenario where they disrespect the Elders, even if unintentionally.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
VINLANDIA - Post #6
@Infinity

After informing Clive Rosfield and Dark Schneider if they should use their ignition abilities would put the mission in jeopardy. The duo would remember before we set out of the ramifications of their abilities though this would be interrupted with Thors responding that would bring a smile to Clive or Schneider.
"Let's take our leave, before you all freeze to death."
[Dark Schneider]: " ... Yes, thank you ... ! "​

Thors would then walk before them as he effortlessly led us though we had difficulty in trudging along the thick snow. Dark Schneider after a few steps would slip before him slamming face first into the snow with Clive grabbing him up as the duo found it really difficult to walk through the thick snow.

It took us a while as Thors had to wait for us patiently knowing the difficulty for us to trudge along until we made our way towards the elder's hut.

The two Lunarian's would be panting as they finally stood beside me as Clive asked Thors.

[Clive Rosfield]: " Is there an easier way for us to walk through the snow? ... Only for me and this guy " as he pointed at Schneider who'd have snow still hanging off his face as he shook the snow off and sneeze.​

"Here we are. Enter and have respect."
Clive and Schneider would listen on until i would raise my hand.

[Link]: " Can these two be in another room if there's one available? ... Also will you be joining us Thors with the Elder's? ... As there's something i'd like to discuss with you ... " asking Thors as knowing Clive and Schneider would bring some bickering that might escalate an issue.​

Not wanting to risk the mission but also wanting a word with Thors along with the Elder's was something on my mind. Now would Thors want to hear what i have to say ... ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinlandia #6
@Dream

The blonde marine raised his hand and requested a seperate space for his comrades, most likely foreseeing future conflict and wanted to avoid future problems. Thors nodded his head in agreement, gesturing to a clearing a short distance far from the Elder's simply crafted hut. There, a pot of soup simmered over a hot stone, while the sounds of sheep stirring filled the air from the other side of the house.

Also will you be joining us Thors with the Elder's? ... As there's something i'd like to discuss with you ... " Link requested politely.

Thors stood in front the door, announcing his presence towards to the wise, old man.
"Elder Landi, we've got company."

He turned facing the Vice Admiral before raising the curtain like entrance of the house and gesturing towards the entrance with his head. "Make yourself comfortable, we'll hear what you have to say."

Once Link had entered, he would be met with a greeting from the Elder. "My my, yet another young marine. Welcome! What brings you here?"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
VINLANDIA - Post #6
@Infinity

[Link]: " Can these two be in another room if there's one available? ... Also will you be joining us Thors with the Elder's? ... As there's something i'd like to discuss with you ... " asking Thors as knowing Clive and Schneider would bring some bickering that might escalate an issue.​
The duo remained silent listening to both agreeing to the decision by their superior officer. Clive just pondered the concept of his appearance was that frightening yet he wanted to be able to take part in the talks to come. Yet Schneider would smile then nonchalantly just whistle as they both trucked not that far away from the Elder's hut. There, they both entered spotting a pot of soup simmering over a hot stone, the smell of the soup was alluring.

The flock of sheep bleating could be heard as I took a second to take a moment to sigh and then enter as one of them welcomed me as Thors stood behind me. I then spot a pillow on the floor as i walked over then reached to grab my sword still in the sheath as i placed them behind the pillow and i took a seat.

[Link]: " Greetings Elder Landi and Thors. What brings me here to Vinlandia is simply the reports that i oversaw regarding Vinlandia from Vice-Admiral Kallavan. Firstly, i am sorry to hear about Thorkell, my commiseration. Secondly, i have come to recruit an individual to help build the bridge between Marines and Vinlandia to new heights. That certain individual's name is Thorfinn who i've heard a lot about. "​

I'd then turn my head and glance at Thors then continue.

[Link]: " I know from the reports he is your son, Thors "​

Then turning my head back at the Elder.

[Link]: " They are the main purpose for why i am here "​

Meanwhile, on the marine vessel, a code would be alerted as something was brewing somewhere in the world and this was something catastrophic, a war. A marine soldier hearing this would instantly jot down on a paper of what was said, he sprung up and made a beeline to the port as he asked where Vice-Admiral Link was only for the locals to point towards the location of hut.

The marine soldier would truck as he panted heavily in the snow as he followed the trail of footsteps towards the hut to bring the information that would ...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinlandia #7
@Dream

Elder Landi greeted Link with a warm smile while Thors made his way to the elderly man's side, taking a seat next to him as they begun their discussion.

"Greetings Elder Landi and Thors. What brings me here to Vinlandia is simply the reports that I oversaw regarding Vinlandia from Vice-Admiral Kallavan. Firstly, I am sorry to hear about Thorkell, my commiseration." Landi and Thors nodded in union. It had been quite some time since Thorkell had passed on. The pain of his loss was still fresh, like it happened yesterday. However, they knew that all they could do wad push on for his sake. But what the marine would request next, would bring a shock to both of their faces.

"Secondly, I have come to recruit an individual to help build the bridge between Marines and Vinlandia to new heights. That certain individual's name is Thorfinn who I've heard a lot about. I know from the reports he is your son, Thors. They are the main purpose for why I am here"

"That's quite the request young Vice Admiral."
Elder Landi replied with a single drop of sweat flowing down his temple.

"One that I would have to decline." Thors continued with folding arms and a look of disapproval. "I appreciate Kallavan offering his aid in the war against the Saxons, but I've made a very great effort to pave the way for Thorfinn to live a peaceful life despite my violent past." He glared at Link, gauging his resolve. "Why would I allow you to recruit him into your cause? I had assumed the bridge between the Marines and Vinlandia were stable enough..."

Thors sat patiently, waiting for Link's response.​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
VINLANDIA - Post #8

After first paying my respects to Thorkell, I presented my request and allowed them time to mull it over. I understood that my request wouldn't be easy to swallow and that the response might not be immediate or affirmative.

"That's quite the request young Vice Admiral." Elder Landi replied with a single drop of sweat flowing down his temple.​
Before i could respond Thors would speak as this would have me turn my attention.

"One that I would have to decline." Thors continued with folding arms and a look of disapproval. "I appreciate Kallavan offering his aid in the war against the Saxons, but I've made a very great effort to pave the way for Thorfinn to live a peaceful life despite my violent past." He glared at Link, gauging his resolve. "Why would I allow you to recruit him into your cause? I had assumed the bridge between the Marines and Vinlandia were stable enough..."

Thors sat patiently, waiting for Link's response.​
The room had momentarily gone mute, instead of quickly responding despite i knew what i would reply with i allowed his response to be sponged.

It had brought me enough time to come up with a good response, as i diverted my attention back to the elder.

[Link]: " I understand that I am making a significant request, and I thank you for lending me your ears. "​

Then what i'd say next was direct at Thors.

[Link]: " While I acknowledge the stable relationship between the Marines and Vinlandia, I foresee a scenario where the Marines, as part of the World Government, may need to prioritize their allegiances. So, may I inquire if you would be willing to entertain a demand rather than a request? "​

I'd allow the words to sink in then continue on.

[Link]: " When they come knocking, it will be for war, and no child deserves to be thrown straight into it. I was a child when I was thrust into war; as you can tell by my appearance, I am still very young, at a tender age in my late teens. If only I hadn't been rushed, but instead allowed to learn under them, I would have become a better version of myself, paving the way for a better tomorrow, without enduring the suffering I had to bear. "​

The moment the word suffering came out my lips then turned into a frown before continuing further.

[Link]: " Having witnessed the strength of Kallavan, you understand how fragile the balance within the world is. Therefore, I would like to exercise my authority as a Vice-Admiral to prevent such a fate from recurring for anyone. I envision a relationship between the Marines and Vinlandia that can ascend to new heights—one where tragedy and crisis are not constantly at its doorstep, but rather prepared when the time necessitates, sparing others from suffering as I have. "​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinlandia #8
@Dream

The room went silent as Thors and Elder Landi waited for the Vice Admiral's response. Link turned to them both, expressing gratitude for entertaining his request. Then his attention would turn on Thors.

"While I acknowledge the stable relationship between the Marines and Vinlandia, I foresee a scenario where the Marines, as part of the World Government, may need to prioritize their allegiances. So, may I inquire if you would be willing to entertain a demand rather than a request?" Thors raised a brow at the marine's question.

"When they come knocking, it will be for war, and no child deserves to be thrown straight into it. I was a child when I was thrust into war; as you can tell by my appearance, I am still very young, at a tender age in my late teens. If only I hadn't been rushed, but instead allowed to learn under them, I would have become a better version of myself, paving the way for a better tomorrow, without enduring the suffering I had to bear." Thors absorbed Link's words like a sponge, taking into consideration every single word.

"Having witnessed the strength of Kallavan, you understand how fragile the balance within the world is. Therefore, I would like to exercise my authority as a Vice-Admiral to prevent such a fate from recurring for anyone. I envision a relationship between the Marines and Vinlandia that can ascend to new heights—one where tragedy and crisis are not constantly at its doorstep, but rather prepared when the time necessitates, sparing others from suffering as I have."

Thors closed his eyes, sitting in silence as meditated on the Vice Admiral's words. Truth be told, he dispised the idea of exposing his son to the horrors of this world, especially one that's changed so drastically in such a short period of time. However, the Vice Admiral did indeed bring up an illuminating different perspective. Their alliance does indeed protect them from potential war with the World Government. Eventually, Thorfinn would be forced to experience war, whether he wanted it or not. Thors sighed in frustration, finally thinking it over.

"I hear you marine. However, in the end this isn't my choice to make. Can you ensure the safety of my son, assuming this 'recuritment' comes into fruitation?" Thors questioned sternly, his eyes locked tightly on Link's small frame.​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
VINLANDIA - Post #9
@Infinity

After hearing my speech it became silent, enough that a pin could drop be heard though the sheep that were behind the elder's hut could be heard bleating. Then after a few seconds that felt longer as the sound of someone sighing could be heard until Thors responded with:
"I hear you marine. However, in the end this isn't my choice to make. Can you ensure the safety of my son, assuming this 'recuritment' comes into fruitation?"​
I remained mute for a few seconds, sponging the words as I knew the proposal of the request wasn't something easy to accept or hear. After all, it was like a stranger requesting to take someone's father by asking to take him away, an unusual request.

I'd take a huge sigh, then respond with:

[Link]: " You have my word and oath as a soldier; I promise you his safety "​

As a soldier's yell could be heard, calling my name, which would alert me.

[Link]: " Excuse me, and apologies "​

I stood up and walked towards the exit as I spotted a soldier submerged in the snow. He shot up to his feet, saluting, stating that something had happened and Headquarters had demanded all military personnel to move towards what would be called the Sovereign War.

Hearing that alerted me, and I wondered what had just happened and why. Instead of pondering those words, I'd turn around and go back into the Elder's Hut, bowing as a means of respect.

[Link]: " Thank you for the hospitality, but unforeseen activities have called me to withdraw. I will request a marine soldier to arrive to pick young Thorfinn up if you agree to this "​

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Vinlandia #9
@Dream

Thors waited silently for the Vice Admiral's reply, staring down at the young man while emitting an immense pressure. Elder Landi silently looked on, waiting for what the marine would say next. Link released a deep sigh, before finally replying with reassurance.

"You have my word and oath as a soldier; I promise you his safety." He said finally.

Thors closed his eyes, preparing to continue their conversation until the voice of a soldier cut their discussion short. The Vice Admiral excused himself, leaving the Elder and the old warrior to themselves. "What an intense young man, I do wonder what could be going on why the Marines would be bent on recruiting in more forces." The old man pondered.

Focusing on Link's aura, Thors' eyes flashed a color of red, indicating the usage of observation haki. Unknown to many, he had the ability to glimpse into the future, a power granted to him by the gods after turning to a life of peace. "The world is changing Elder, Faster than the World Government can keep up with. Link will be leaving soon, he's been called out to war. I wonder what place Thorfinn will in these troubling times. Will he be able to manage the weight of the real world?" Thors said grimly.

Elder Landi pat the dark haired man on his back in reassurance. "Of course he will! You're his father after all. As long as he keeps to the values you taught him, he will never bend to the darkness of this world. If fate has decided he joins the Marines, then we just need to have faith in him."

Link returned to the hut, bowing out of respect. "Thank you for the hospitality, but unforeseen activities have called me to withdraw. I will request a marine soldier to arrive to pick young Thorfinn up if you agree to this."

Thors rose to his feet and took a few steps towards the marine with an outstretched hand, keeping the Elder's words in mind. "I agree, I will prepare my son for when your people arrive. For now, I bid you a safe journey Vice Admiral Link."

Top Bottom