Future Events Your predictions for the Wano arc

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What do you guys think will happen and unfold in the Wano arc?
So far, Wano's had a lot of content to think and speculate upon, and it'd be nice to see your predictions. :)

Here's mine so far:

- Onigashima raid fails, and 5 of the red scabbards will die in Onigashima;
- Shutenmaru and either Kawamatsu or Inuarashi survive the raid.

- Only the scabbards were involved in the raid; none of the alliance were present, not even the SH crew
- The real fight between Kaido/Orochi and the alliance starts at Wano.

- Shutenmaru is the traitor (had this idea for quite a while now)
- Kyoshiro = Denjiro

- Kozuki Oden's death commenced at 5:30 - 6:00 PM;
- Orochi's (and Kaido's) reign will fall at 5:30 - 6:00 AM.

- The nine shadows in Toki's prophecy are not the red scabbards, but the straw hats.
- It seems likely to me now, that Jinbe is probably dead.

EDIT: Jinbe being dead is retracted.. he is alive, probably as a homie... but he won't appear in Onigashima, and he'll have no role to play in Wano. He'll be freed tho', after Big Mom's defeat.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah, I think on one of the cover pages or special pictures in one of the recent chapters, Robin is at a picnic with the other Strawhats and she is eating a piece of fish which might be a hint that he's dead or might end up being a homie because of "hey even if you die, don't die".

I think Zoro will for sure turn his Wado Ichimonji into a black blade.

Law and Apoo will probably die as well as Big Mom. None of the other Yonko have gotten as much attention as her since Whitebeard. It'll also be a good way to segway Katakuri as a top tier Captain and Ally to the Strawhats if her friendship with Chopper ever comes into play (who knows they might even bond again over cotton candy).

I also think that, we'll finally get Green Bull sent in with his own reveal

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah, I think on one of the cover pages or special pictures in one of the recent chapters, Robin is at a picnic with the other Strawhats and she is eating a piece of fish which might be a hint that he's dead or might end up being a homie because of "hey even if you die, don't die".
Yeah, to me.. it's really just a hunch. I mean, if you take into account Luffy's "even if you die, don't die" quote, Big Mom saying "when exactly did I lose?" with no sign of Jinbe in chapter 903 and Oda's comment on SH:

"They'll soon be faced with the reality that you have to bring sacrifices to fight for the things you believe in"​
What better way to realize that than finding out Jinbe's actually dead?? And Toki's prophecy of 9 shadows is very likely to me she was referring to Luffy and the SH crew, confirming that Jinbe's not coming to Wano.. coz if he does, it will break Toki's prophecy, and prophecies aren't meant to be broken in OP!...

Not to mention, Luffy mentioned Jinbe in a foreboding manner a few chapters ago​

For me, I just hope this particular prediction doesn't come true, since I like Jinbe as a character... I mean, he's one of the most selfless characters in OP; and I'm just hoping he ended up as a homie or something, and that Oda was referring to someone else that wasn't SH crew-related, like Vivi or something.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah, to me.. it's really just a hunch. I mean, if you take into account Luffy's "even if you die, don't die" quote, Big Mom saying "when exactly did I lose?" with no sign of Jinbe in chapter 903 and Oda's comment on SH:

"They'll soon be faced with the reality that you have to bring sacrifices to fight for the things you believe in"​
What better way to realize that than finding out Jinbe's actually dead?? And Toki's prophecy of 9 shadows is very likely to me she was referring to Luffy and the SH crew, confirming that Jinbe's not coming to Wano.. coz if he does, it will break Toki's prophecy, and prophecies aren't meant to be broken in OP!...

Not to mention, Luffy mentioned Jinbe in a foreboding manner a few chapters ago​

For me, I just hope this particular prediction doesn't come true, since I like Jinbe as a character... I mean, he's one of the most selfless characters in OP; and I'm just hoping he ended up as a homie or something, and that Oda was referring to someone else that wasn't SH crew-related, like Vivi or something.
I mean I think that might end up happening to Drake (since he could die and allow for Koby to make his secret rank jump for Drake's spot as well as make a rank jump for taking down Boa) or it could just happen to Law with the Immortal Surgery. I think one of the Strawhat's is going to be mortally wounded or someone important to the fight ends up getting hurt, so Law makes the big sacrifice so he can protect not just everyone, but his crew.

I just personally think that Jinbe doesn't have as much quirks as the rest of the Strawhats just like Vivi doesn't have that many quirks or even a dream. Vivi just wants to be a good queen and she can be that by staying at her kingdom. While, Jinbe is just this honorbound guy that doesn't have a dream at all. So I think O-Tama will end up becoming an apprentice because of her dream, Luffy keeping Ace's promise and Oda going out of his way to show Buggy, Ace, Blackbeard, Marco, and Jozu as little kids when they joined their crews.

I'm really hoping we get to have Momonosuke age up or something because it's pretty lame if his sister takes over. She'd just be another blue haired princess that got saved by the Strawhats (or really just another princess that got saved).

But my big theory is that we'll see the secret of the D clan and Joy Boy. Since it's clear that all the races were equals during Joy Boy's time. And I think it's rather odd that there's no real reptilian race in One Piece (besides the sisters with their snake theme). You have the Minks who were cool with Joy Boy, as well as the Fishmen who were friends with him, then there are the people of Wano whom might be related to the moon... and then there are the Celestial Dragons whom worship Dragons... So I can only assume that the D Clan may be related to the Celestial Dragons as well as have some odd relation to the Kozuki Clan with their relation to the moon.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
1-2 chapters of Oden flashback left with only a few special reveals left
  • Moriah being once an ally of Kaidou
  • Pizarro being a former all star
My prediction for the start Onigashima raid
  • The 7 Scabbards and Momo enter Onigashima and find out Strawhats were catched
  • Kiku will be revealed as Traitor, the others are shocked
  • Kyoshiro appears with an army and will be revealed as Denjirou.
  • Due to suprise effect they manage to free Strawhats.
Afterwards there will be many back an forth on enemy side Orochi, Kaidou and BM and their underlings with Special Fokus on onibawanshu, Numbers, all Stars and the members of BMP who came with BM.

On Strawhat Side more and more allies appear
  • Law and X Drake
  • Kidd
  • Jinbei
  • Nekomamushi and former WBP member. Especially the appearence of Izo will be important. Kiku will do 180 and regret what he did.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My prediction for the start Onigashima raid
  • The 7 Scabbards and Momo enter Onigashima and find out Strawhats were catched
  • Kiku will be revealed as Traitor, the others are shocked
  • Kyoshiro appears with an army and will be revealed as Denjirou.
  • Due to suprise effect they manage to free Strawhats.
Afterwards there will be many back an forth on enemy side Orochi, Kaidou and BM and their underlings with Special Fokus on onibawanshu, Numbers, all Stars and the members of BMP who came with BM.
Wow, I like this. :)
That's very interesting, actually.

Also, what do you think about the Oniwabanshu? I mean, when Robin lied that she was the witching hour boy (WHB), their response seemed as if they knew who the witching hour boy was all this time, and given that they sided with Orochi, it seems as if they were concealing the WHB's identity and protecting him or something..

And so not only am I starting to feel that the Oniwabanshu might find a positive resolve in this arc, especially with Shinobu, and I'm also starting to believe the witching hour boy is in fact, Komurasaki.. but I could be wrong in all of this, of course.. still though, it's worth a thought I guess. :unsure:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Orochi gets defeated and possibly killed first since his flashbacks are already shown.

Kaido doesn't get defeated in Wano. Big Mom probably dies however.

Blackbeard Pirates get a lot stronger

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Jinbei comes after wano with the last road ponyglyph that was previously located in FMI.
Smoker and Tashigi are going to accompany Vegapunk to Wano after Orochis convo with CP0 and will become allies against Kaido and BM.
Vegapunk giving the SHs the knowledge on how to combat a dragon.
Traitor is kanjuro or okiku.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What do you guys think will happen and unfold in the Wano arc?
So far, Wano's had a lot of content to think and speculate upon, and it'd be nice to see your predictions. :)

Here's mine so far:

- Onigashima raid fails, and 5 of the red scabbards will die in Onigashima;
- Shutenmaru and either Kawamatsu or Inuarashi survive the raid.

- Only the scabbards were involved in the raid; none of the alliance were present, not even the SH crew
- The real fight between Kaido/Orochi and the alliance starts at Wano.

- Shutenmaru is the traitor (had this idea for quite a while now)
- Kyoshiro = Denjiro

- Kozuki Oden's death commenced at 5:30 - 6:00 PM;
- Orochi's (and Kaido's) reign will fall at 5:30 - 6:00 AM.

- The nine shadows in Toki's prophecy are not the red scabbards, but the straw hats.
- It seems likely to me now, that Jinbe is probably dead.
Really liked your prediction. Seems plausible tbh.
I remember the time i stopped with the manga because i found Wano to be awfully boring at the beginning and now it actually is
the best arc so far because we get so many information and finally i feel like we made a big step forward in terms of story progression.
I know it has nothing to do with your comment but just wanted to share it here :D
But seriously though. How is Luffy going to defeat Kaidou let alone Big Mom too.
As of right now i feel like he is capable of defeating King and Queen but Oda really needs a big asspull to make Luffy defeat BOTH Yonkou :unsure:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Really liked your prediction. Seems plausible tbh.

I remember the time i stopped with the manga because i found Wano to be awfully boring at the beginning and now it actually is the best arc so far because we get so many information and finally i feel like we made a big step forward in terms of story progression. I know it has nothing to do with your comment but just wanted to share it here :D

But seriously though. How is Luffy going to defeat Kaidou let alone Big Mom too.
As of right now i feel like he is capable of defeating King and Queen but Oda really needs a big asspull to make Luffy defeat BOTH Yonkou :unsure:
Thanks!

And no worries. :) I had the same opinion as you with Wano at its early stages.. I also perceived it to be boring, but then it began to grow on me more and more. Now, I think it's one of the best arcs in OP for me. :)

To me, it's so good that I've even come back to theorizing OP again, which was the real reason I've joined OJ back then in 2016, in the first place... It's genuinely something I've never done for a while now. :)

I'm actually starting to change my mind on Jinbe now. xD
I think he's either imprisoned by Big Mom in her book or something, or maybe he turned into a homie. :unsure:

I mean, I'm thinking maybe Big Mom's fruit works like Moriah or Sugars, where if you take her out, all the lives and souls she accumulated all these years would be released and come back to their owners... so if Jinbe is captured as a homie, and Big Mom gets defeated, Jinbe and the fishman crew will be saved.

But idk.. it's really just a borderline tinfoil hat speculation I've come up with. :p

But I think the latest cover page showing Jinbe kinda shows he's still relevant.. and not to mention, he also has this ambition of achieving equality between humans and fishmen.. ergo, I don't think he's dead. :p

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
:weirdpeep:
Garp will die
we will get the build up for the Elbaf arc
we will see Vegapunk
I'm excited to see Vegapunk, but I don't know if my tear ducts can handle the loss of Garp.
Thanks!

And no worries. :) I had the same opinion as you with Wano at its early stages.. I also perceived it to be boring, but then it began to grow on me more and more. Now, I think it's one of the best arcs in OP for me. :)

To me, it's so good that I've even come back to theorizing OP again, which was the real reason I've joined OJ back then in 2016, in the first place... It's genuinely something I've never done for a while now. :)

I'm actually starting to change my mind on Jinbe now. xD
I think he's either imprisoned by Big Mom in her book or something, or maybe he turned into a homie. :unsure:

I mean, I'm thinking maybe Big Mom's fruit works like Moriah or Sugars, where if you take her out, all the lives and souls she accumulated all these years would be released and come back to their owners... so if Jinbe is captured as a homie, and Big Mom gets defeated, Jinbe and the fishman crew will be saved.

But idk.. it's really just a borderline tinfoil hat speculation I've come up with. :p

But I think the latest cover page showing Jinbe kinda shows he's still relevant.. and not to mention, he also has this ambition of achieving equality between humans and fishmen.. ergo, I don't think he's dead. :p
I guess you could say that Jinbe's dream of equality is something that was passed on by Fisher Tiger, but I'm really getting O-Tama vibes from Oda since neither he nor Carrot have any genuine dreams for themselves or goals. Like Usopp wants to be a great warrior of the Sea and will probably become one whenever he faces Van Auger, Zoro will become the greatest swordsman when he fights Mihawk or kills whomever kills Mihawk and Franky has the dream of creating a ship that will make it all the way to the One Piece (that will suprass the Oro Jackson and probably Pluton IMO).

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
- Several of the Strawhats end up severely injured, get kidnapped, or "die" throughout the arc or following its conclusion.

Jinbe - as mentioned, he's become a homie.

Sanji - Fatally wounded, but Pudding eventually arrives and awakens her dormant power to bind his soul to this world. Any 3 X 3 Eye fans should know what I'm hinting at. Quite fortunate too that his dad is an expert in cloning bodies.

Zoro - gets his pride and sword(s?) shattered, loses Enma to Kyoshiro in a duel.

Chopper - kidnapped and taken to Kano?

Nami - kidnapped and taken to Kano?

Franky - kidnapped and taken to Kano, maybe even heavily injured to the point he needs to replace even more of his original human body, similar to Kuma's gradual mechanization.

Luffy - suffers a string of repeated defeats at Kaido's hands, is later nearly burned or boiled alive by arc's end, requiring Law and Marco both to do their utmost best to heal him.

Robin - kidnapped and taken to Kano?

Brooke - kidnapped and taken to Kano? Discovers his crew's killers are part of the Beast/Nu Rocks Pirates operating out of Kano.

Usopp - ???

- Crocodile returns as Doffy's possible replacement as arms broker for the Beast/Rocks Pirates. Little do they realize that Croc has a serious bone to pick owing to past history.

- Orochi is ( temporarily ) removed from power after a coup orchestrated by Hiyori and Kyoshiro, the latter of which becoming Shogun for a brief spell, complete with Kaido's blessing and all. Hiyori/Komurasaki is revealed as a traitor ( alongside some others ), having grown up resenting her lot in life.

- Either Kyoshiro or Denjiro, or maybe both, may actually be a shape-shifting animal similar as Onimaru the fox, likewise based on famous Japanese yokai such as the Tanuki or Inugami.

- Kanjuro is revealed as a traitor. Having volunteered to bury Yasu, he falls back on old habits, cementing his heel turn by brandishing an all new brush with a very distinguishing spiky tuft of hair on its end....

- Wano was originally inhabited by yokai-like, non-human races before eventually getting driven out or exterminated by humans.

- It's revealed that the Minks did indeed once hate humans, possibly even preyed on them before getting "tamed" by a past user of Tama's df ability. There's at least one Mink traitor who discovered the truth and wants revenge on their supposed masters; looking at you, Sicilian. This ambitious, wannabe King of the Beasts scarfed down either a Lion zoan fruit or several Lion SMILES to become a super-charged 3x Lion in Sulong Mode or some multi-headed Gifter monstrosity.

- One can eat multiple SMILES so long as they're of the same species and pack/flock/herd animal, and/or eaten in addition to an actual devil fruit of the same zoan, the spirit of which acting as the "alpha." This gives one the logia or special paramecia-like ability to transform one's body into a flowing mass of animals. Karasu, long theorized to be a double agent working for the Beast Pirates, is a graduate of Udon Prison's amputation practices, hence his apparent lack of limbs and powers.

Subsequently, the key to the success of eating multiple SMILES -- multiple spirits working in sync -- provides a pivotal clue as to how Blackbeard can wield multiple df's.

- King is revealed to hail from some kinda hybrid Feathered Serpent/Reptilian race. Think a combination of natural mythological enemies Garuda and the Nagas, or everyone's go-to Dinosaur/Bird Missing Link, the Archaeopteryx. With the addition of the flames, he's also basically symbolizes a Cockatrice.

- Zoro plays the role of Second to either Kaido or Orochi after one of the two decides to go out the honorable way through the act of seppuku.

- Wano ends with Shanks intervening to help remove the growing Rocks threat from Wano, his intent to curb the power of their mysterious backer before said party threatens to destabilize things beyond his projected scope. Wano thus falls under Shanks' protection, while still maintaining its sovereignty and opening its borders. In return for overlooking Shanks actions -- and partly because they're strapped thin as it is -- Shanks offers to help open negotiations between Wano and the World Government.

Shanks and Luffy do not meet, as the latter is quickly spirited away to Marco to help his recovery, Shanks having already departed by the time he returns.

- Shiki makes his triumphant, official return. He and certain other ex-Rock Pirates have been busy building up an army and weapons of wars, operating primarily out of Kano, the next stop in the Strawhats' Journey to the West.

- Many top scientists, researchers, medical experts and other experts in a wide array of fields are either hired or kidnapped to help contribute to the Rocks' growing war machine. The list may include:

Nami: same as in Strong World, acquired for her navigational skills

Chopper: medicinal knowledge, particularly his innovative Rumble Balls

Franky: his engineering and carpentry skills. The Rocks may have their own cybernetics program in full swing.

Dr. Vegapunk: I think there's a strong possibility the Rocks have planted spies in nearly every corner of the world's major powers, with the WG and possibly even the Science Squad being no exception. Let's just say I think they may have their own equivalent to Vergo operating deep behind enemy lines.

Judge/Germa: cloning, tech

Heracles: botany skills

Linberg: tech, kidnapped by Beast Pirates double agent Karasu

Broad strokes

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
- Several of the Strawhats end up severely injured, get kidnapped, or "die" throughout the arc or following its conclusion.

Sanji - Fatally wounded, but Pudding eventually arrives and awakens her dormant power to bind his soul to this world. Any 3 X 3 Eye fans should know what I'm hinting at. Quite fortunate too that his dad is an expert in cloning bodies.

Zoro - gets his pride and sword(s?) shattered, loses Enma to Kyoshiro in a duel.

Franky - kidnapped and taken to Kano, maybe even heavily injured to the point he needs to replace even more of his original human body, similar to Kuma's gradual mechanization.

Luffy - suffers a string of repeated defeats at Kaido's hands, is later nearly burned or boiled alive by arc's end, requiring Law and Marco both to do their utmost best to heal him.

Brooke - kidnapped and taken to Kano? Discovers his crew's killers are part of the Beast/Nu Rocks Pirates operating out of Kano.

Usopp - ???

- Crocodile returns as Doffy's possible replacement as arms broker for the Beast/Rocks Pirates. Little do they realize that Croc has a serious bone to pick owing to past history.

- Orochi is ( temporarily ) removed from power after a coup orchestrated by Hiyori and Kyoshiro, the latter of which becoming Shogun for a brief spell, complete with Kaido's blessing and all. Hiyori/Komurasaki is revealed as a traitor ( alongside some others ), having grown up resenting her lot in life.

- Either Kyoshiro or Denjiro, or maybe both, may actually be a shape-shifting animal similar as Onimaru the fox, likewise based on famous Japanese yokai such as the Tanuki or Inugami.

- Kanjuro is revealed as a traitor. Having volunteered to bury Yasu, he falls back on old habits, cementing his heel turn by brandishing an all new brush with a very distinguishing spiky tuft of hair on its end....

- Wano was originally inhabited by yokai-like, non-human races before eventually getting driven out or exterminated by humans.

- It's revealed that the Minks did indeed once hate humans, possibly even preyed on them before getting "tamed" by a past user of Tama's df ability. There's at least one Mink traitor who discovered the truth and wants revenge on their supposed masters; looking at you, Sicilian. This ambitious, wannabe King of the Beasts scarfed down either a Lion zoan fruit or several Lion SMILES to become a super-charged 3x Lion in Sulong Mode or some multi-headed Gifter monstrosity.

- One can eat multiple SMILES so long as they're of the same species and pack/flock/herd animal, and/or eaten in addition to an actual devil fruit of the same zoan, the spirit of which acting as the "alpha." This gives one the logia or special paramecia-like ability to transform one's body into a flowing mass of animals. Karasu, long theorized to be a double agent working for the Beast Pirates, is a graduate of Udon Prison's amputation practices, hence his apparent lack of limbs and powers.

Subsequently, the key to the success of eating multiple SMILES -- multiple spirits working in sync -- provides a pivotal clue as to how Blackbeard can wield multiple df's.

- King is revealed to hail from some kinda hybrid Feathered Serpent/Reptilian race. Think a combination of natural mythological enemies Garuda and the Nagas, or everyone's go-to Dinosaur/Bird Missing Link, the Archaeopteryx. With the addition of the flames, he's also basically symbolizes a Cockatrice.

- Zoro plays the role of Second to either Kaido or Orochi after one of the two decides to go out the honorable way through the act of seppuku.

- Wano ends with Shanks intervening to help remove the growing Rocks threat from Wano, his intent to curb the power of their mysterious backer before said party threatens to destabilize things beyond his projected scope. Wano thus falls under Shanks' protection, while still maintaining its sovereignty and opening its borders. In return for overlooking Shanks actions -- and partly because they're strapped thin as it is -- Shanks offers to help open negotiations between Wano and the World Government.

Shanks and Luffy do not meet, as the latter is quickly spirited away to Marco to help his recovery, Shanks having already departed by the time he returns.

- Shiki makes his triumphant, official return. He and certain other ex-Rock Pirates have been busy building up an army and weapons of wars, operating primarily out of Kano, the next stop in the Strawhats' Journey to the West.

- Many top scientists, researchers, medical experts and other experts in a wide array of fields are either hired or kidnapped to help contribute to the Rocks' growing war machine. The list may include:

Franky: his engineering and carpentry skills. The Rocks may have their own cybernetics program in full swing.

Dr. Vegapunk: I think there's a strong possibility the Rocks have planted spies in nearly every corner of the world's major powers, with the WG and possibly even the Science Squad being no exception. Let's just say I think they may have their own equivalent to Vergo operating deep behind enemy lines.

Broad strokes

[automerge]1579639539[/automerge]
@Ghidorah Guy why so many SHPs in Kano?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Usopp - ???

Broad strokes
I'm going to counter your unfairly dark SH predictions by predicting Big Mom eats Orochi, Zoro actually defeats Kyoshiro (if he's evil) and Blackbeard and Marines kill the weakened Kaido and Big Mom

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My prediction for Wano:

Oden's death in the flashback plus the Orochi's Plot of destroying the ships, bridges and blackout in communications in present Wano serve as the lowest point, but is resolved possibly with the help of Kyoshiro or Law and the Raid is still on schedule (slightly late but in time for the full moon for the Minks to go wild). Hiyori/Komurasaki is working with Denjiro/Kyoshiro/Witching Hour Boy all this time, they'll assist the alliance. Oden and Toki is already dead for real. Act 3 ends and we get more info on what going on outside of Wano and hints on who might come to Wano and joins the action late. (Please let some of ex-roger and ex-wb crew come)

Act 4 starts with Raid on Onigashima, no point in predicting matchups tbh, it'll be an all out war with plenty of betrayal especially on Kaido's part, some latecomers will join and some thirdparties might show up. It'll be a very hard fought battle with real casualties but the Alliance will pull through in the end. There'll be another flashback for Kaido (maybe his past ties with Rox and God Valley incident) before he got taken out.

Top Bottom