General Could Mr.1 Beat Luffy In Alabasta?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yes if luffy just stand and do nothing

• Haha
Reactions: Ren
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wouldn't say they are equal in strength, but Luffy would have a hard time to deal with Mr1.

One can compare Daz Bones DF advantvantage with Luffys in the fight with Enel.

I even if I believe Luffy was stronger then Zoro and Daz Bones back in Alabasta, I doubt Luffy would have find a way to deal with this Kind of disadvantage.

So thats why I would say Daz Bones would have won back in Alabasta.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I could see it going either way honestly. Luffy would have a very tough time with him for sure, but I can see him eventually landing some powerful shots that'd affect Daz too. Guy broke Arlong's nose, Krieg's spear and armor...so he's not totally helpless here.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think Luffy would win but would be pretty injured

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Zoro needed a pre ts version of haki to beat him. Daz Bones pretty much neg-diffed Zoro, completely overpowered him with ease when he pushed him into the building that collapsed on top of him and ate his most lethal strikes. How can Luffy defeat Daz with his excavation drills?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Zoro needed a pre ts version of haki to beat him. Daz Bones pretty much neg-diffed Zoro, completely overpowered him with ease when he pushed him into the building that collapsed on top of him and ate his most lethal strikes. How can Luffy defeat Daz with his excavation drills?
He found a way to beat Crocodile after losing to him twice. He'll find a way against Daz.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Luffy easily destroyed Arlong's sword just with his physical strength, Luffy also physical overpowered Arlong when he was holding his sword with one arm and Arlong couldn't even move it (in an arc where Fishman was represented to be stronger than humans)

So just by his physical strength he would olredy defeat Mr 1 and combined with his DF power it would be a mid diff fight for Luffy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Luffy easily destroyed Arlong's sword just with his physical strength, Luffy also physical overpowered Arlong when he was holding his sword with one arm and Arlong couldn't even move it (in an arc where Fishman was represented to be stronger than humans)

So just by his physical strength he would olredy defeat Mr 1 and combined with his DF power it would be a mid diff fight for Luffy.
Did Luffy overpower Arlong physically once outside of that scene? Him saing he couldn't move I think just his surprise at how Luffy could stop his casual movement like that, him underestimating humans at every turn. He then went on to restrain Luffy. Here is btw how strong fishmen are

Compare this casual punch from Hach, an underling to Arlong, to this thickly-scaled sea monster to Luffy needing to use G2 to take out a much smaller fish in the NW as they're heading to fishman island. I don't think Arlong is any physically weaker than Luffy, quite to the contrary I remember Arlong taking a bunch of attacks and not going down plus him in close combat just shat on Luffy as he casually withheld his arm then threw him in the water.

Strengthwise Luffy and Zoro were shown to be somewhat equal in Whiskey Peak, but Mr.1 just casually threw Zoro into a building. Mr.1 is physically stronger than Luffy. There's also a difference between the pure kind of steel Mr.1 is made out of, both pure and strong steel but also he is much thicker than Arlong's weapon naturally, so there's a huge difference there when it comes to the make-up, hardness and thickness. Zoro could slice up steel swords before facing Mr.1, but Mr.1 isn't even tickled by Zoro's strongest attacks. Neither Zoro nor Luffy has the required strength to take him out. Let's not forget he can turn his entire body into a spinning excavation tool that he applies in combat, plus he has long ranged attacks like sparkling daisy etc so he is a versatile fighter that can wear Luffy down over the course of Luffy "figuring him out" as there really isn't anything to decipher about him. Zoro had the breath of all things, but that is a really special last resort he had that there's no equivalent for Luffy in this case.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Did Luffy overpower Arlong physically once outside of that scene? Him saing he couldn't move I think just his surprise at how Luffy could stop his casual movement like that, him underestimating humans at every turn. He then went on to restrain Luffy. Here is btw how strong fishmen are

Compare this casual punch from Hach, an underling to Arlong, to this thickly-scaled sea monster to Luffy needing to use G2 to take out a much smaller fish in the NW as they're heading to fishman island. I don't think Arlong is any physically weaker than Luffy, quite to the contrary I remember Arlong taking a bunch of attacks and not going down plus him in close combat just shat on Luffy as he casually withheld his arm then threw him in the water.

Strengthwise Luffy and Zoro were shown to be somewhat equal in Whiskey Peak, but Mr.1 just casually threw Zoro into a building. Mr.1 is physically stronger than Luffy. There's also a difference between the pure kind of steel Mr.1 is made out of, both pure and strong steel but also he is much thicker than Arlong's weapon naturally, so there's a huge difference there when it comes to the make-up, hardness and thickness. Zoro could slice up steel swords before facing Mr.1, but Mr.1 isn't even tickled by Zoro's strongest attacks. Neither Zoro nor Luffy has the required strength to take him out. Let's not forget he can turn his entire body into a spinning excavation tool that he applies in combat, plus he has long ranged attacks like sparkling daisy etc so he is a versatile fighter that can wear Luffy down over the course of Luffy "figuring him out" as there really isn't anything to decipher about him. Zoro had the breath of all things, but that is a really special last resort he had that there's no equivalent for Luffy in this case.
Luffy beat a sea monster like that easily as well pre-time skip.

Its worth noting that Zoro went back and forth in terms of fighting Mr 1. He overpowered Mr 1 on several occasions throughout the fight as well.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It is a weird match up. It all comes down to if Luffy's punches and break Steel/Iron

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't think it's right to ask whether Luffy can defeat him or not, because he obviously can
Luffy can defeat anyone who is around his Level, whether slightly Stronger or slightly Weaker or Equal

The real question is whether Mr.1 can be a challenge for Luffy & i'd say Yes
Luffy would have really struggled against him just like Zoro did
I believe Luffy, Zoro & Mr. 1 were around the same Level back at Alabasta Arc

Daz Bonez is actually really Famous, he is known as Deadliest Assassin in West Blue (The Sea where the likes of Moriah, Capone, Chinjao Family, Morley, Laffitte, Jozu ... etc comes from)
Zoro said that he heard of him & we saw that even Mihawk knows about him
Smoker was also surprised that Zoro managed to defeat him
And Crocodile see him as a Strong Member, even suggesting that he wouldn't lose to Mihawk so fast if not for the Prison Fatigue
Not to mention that he is Best Bounty Hunter that Crocodile recruited & tbh even after almost 1K Chapters, we still haven't met better Bounty Hunters.
He was also Level 4 Prisoner which puts him among the Top Half of all Impel Down Prisoners from all Seas
And keep in mind that Luffy who got much stronger since Alabasta Arc, was put in Level 5, only 1 Level above him
The Guards there recognized him as they escaped & he was Strong enough to perform very well in Summit War fighting both HQ Marines & NW Pirates
His Abilities are both Lethal & Defensive + He is Expert Martial Artist & Zoro classified him as a Swordsmen due to how well he uses his Blades
So yeah, he is Really Strong imo even by NW Standards, and since it's his first time outside Paradise, i'd say he have Potential to grow just like Supernova, so i'd say he became much Stronger now
If the SHs meet him now, i don't think anyone less than Monster Trio & Jinbe can handle him

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I don't think it's right to ask whether Luffy can defeat him or not, because he obviously can
Luffy can defeat anyone who is around his Level, whether slightly Stronger or slightly Weaker or Equal

The real question is whether Mr.1 can be a challenge for Luffy & i'd say Yes
Luffy would have really struggled against him just like Zoro did
I believe Luffy, Zoro & Mr. 1 were around the same Level back at Alabasta Arc

Daz Bonez is actually really Famous, he is known as Deadliest Assassin in West Blue (The Sea where the likes of Moriah, Capone, Chinjao Family, Morley, Laffitte, Jozu ... etc comes from)
Zoro said that he heard of him & we saw that even Mihawk knows about him
Smoker was also surprised that Zoro managed to defeat him
And Crocodile see him as a Strong Member, even suggesting that he wouldn't lose to Mihawk so fast if not for the Prison Fatigue
Not to mention that he is Best Bounty Hunter that Crocodile recruited & tbh even after almost 1K Chapters, we still haven't met better Bounty Hunters.
He was also Level 4 Prisoner which puts him among the Top Half of all Impel Down Prisoners from all Seas
And keep in mind that Luffy who got much stronger since Alabasta Arc, was put in Level 5, only 1 Level above him
The Guards there recognized him as they escaped & he was Strong enough to perform very well in Summit War fighting both HQ Marines & NW Pirates
His Abilities are both Lethal & Defensive + He is Expert Martial Artist & Zoro classified him as a Swordsmen due to how well he uses his Blades
So yeah, he is Really Strong imo even by NW Standards, and since it's his first time outside Paradise, i'd say he have Potential to grow just like Supernova, so i'd say he became much Stronger now
If the SHs meet him now, i don't think anyone less than Monster Trio & Jinbe can handle him
Their fight would come to if Luffy can defeat him before he bleeds out

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Their fought would come to if Luffy can defeat him before he bleeds out
Yeah i agree, tbh if we purely compare based on Fighting Ability & Power Level, it could go either Way, it will be a test of Endurance
(I lean more towards Daz Bonez due to his Lethality & his DF is literally Luffy's Counter)
But i meant if it happened in Manga (Which adds Oda's Writing to it), i'd say the Main Character wins, that's all

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah i agree, tbh if we purely compare based on Fighting Ability & Power Level, it could go either Way, it will be a test of Endurance
(I lean more towards Daz Bonez due to his Lethality & his DF is literally Luffy's Counter)
But i meant if it happened in Manga (Which adds Oda's Writing to it), i'd say the Main Character wins, that's all
I mean MC always wins lmao
But outside of that i give it to Daz Bones

Ren

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
no or rather he can but not with what he has shown.

Luffy can dodge Croco's attacks so he can MR1, he is not Zoro that only tanks wit his swords.

He is faster and because of elasticity he can dodge point blank attacks for Mr1.

His AP is so much better than Mr1 with his final clash vs Mr0 that this become a fight if Mr1 can maitain his steel form logn enough vs can he damage Luffy fast enough!

Wouldn't say they are equal in strength, but Luffy would have a hard time to deal with Mr1.

One can compare Daz Bones DF advantvantage with Luffys in the fight with Enel.

I even if I believe Luffy was stronger then Zoro and Daz Bones back in Alabasta, I doubt Luffy would have find a way to deal with this Kind of disadvantage.

So thats why I would say Daz Bones would have won back in Alabasta.
Luffy's AP is town level in final clash with Crocodile.

Mr1 is bulding level or at best large buiding level.

So their strength is not equal at all.

In final stage Luffy is the same level as Mr0 not MR1.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
no or rather he can but not with what he has shown.

Luffy can dodge Croco's attacks so he can MR1, he is not Zoro that only tanks wit his swords.

He is faster and because of elasticity he can dodge point blank attacks for Mr1.

His AP is so much better than Mr1 with his final clash vs Mr0 that this become a fight if Mr1 can maitain his steel form logn enough vs can he damage Luffy fast enough!
Zoro was way better than Daz Bonez early, he didn't dodge much, he was the One landing so many attacks & proving to be the Superior Swordsman, the problem isn't in Daz Attacks, it's in his Defense

Luffy can dodge all he want but he have to Attack too & that's when Daz gets to damage him, every Punch that Luffy lands results in him being Cut, he simply Counters him, it's a very difficult Fight.
Zoro at least when he lands Attacks with his Sword, he doesn't get Damaged back, but Luffy needs to punch with his Hand, in other words:
Zoro doesn't get Damaged when he Lands an attack while Luffy can dodge better than him but receive Damage when he Attacks always
Not to mention that Daz will tank Luffy's Punches, the guy can even tank a Flying Slash from Mihawk (Even though it wasn't intended for Iron, it's still a Flying Slash from WSS nonetheless)

Daz also showed that he can cut things from afar when he cut the Building Zoro threw from a Distance into many small pieces + Daz overpowered Zoro once Physically who is shown to be as Physically as strong as Luffy (At that time at least if you want)

I'm not saying Luffy can't win this, but it would be extremely Challenging for him
(Imagine when Luffy was gonna attack Mihawk & feared his Arms gets Cut, Daz doesn't need to have Mihawk's Skills, since his whole Body is Blades & Iron, wherever Luffy attacks, he can get Cut.

PS: Luffy & Co. couldn't hurt CP9's Tekkai until he got Stronger & achieved Gear 2 & Tekkai is described as turning your Body as Tanky as Iron, so imagine the guy who is literally Iron & Blades

Tbh, i'm not hyping Daz only against Luffy, i believe defeating him is Zoro's Greatest Achievement till this day
Everyone else was either no match for Zoro such as Pica or he defeated them while Nerfed such as Ryuma Zombie (Two Swords only) or he wasn't pushed and hurt as much as his Fight against Mr.1 such as Kaku & Ohm

Ren

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Luffy can dodge all he want but he have to Attack too & that's when Daz gets to damage him, every Punch that Luffy lands results in him being Cut, he simply Counters him, it's a very difficult Fight.
It is but Luffy's AP punched trough Croco's attack that cut more than what ever Mr1 did on panel.

Also MR1 needs to prepare his attack and he can't put blades on all his parts as you can see in the battle.

Daz also showed that he can cut things from afar when he cut the Building Zoro threw from a Distance into many small pieces + Daz overpowered Zoro once Physically who is shown to be as Physically as strong as Luffy (At that time at least if you want)
All one shot ranged attacks tha cut more on panel from Mr0 were dodged by Luffy.

I'm not saying Luffy can't win this, but it would be extremely Challenging for him
(Imagine when Luffy was gonna attack Mihawk & feared his Arms gets Cut, Daz doesn't need to have Mihawk's Skills, since his whole Body is Blades & Iron, wherever Luffy attacks, he can get Cut.
Again I am not saying this is a below high diff fight but Luffy has the feats to defeat Mr1 more than MR1 has the feats to defeat Luffy.

False equvelence, WSS is top tier he could one shot even curent Luffy.

Crocodile tried to cut Luffy and he dodged point black, MR1 has inferior stats, agility, speed, AP and reflexes, his attack are also only with his hands and feats, he never showed any other cutting from other body parts.

PS: Luffy & Co. couldn't hurt CP9's Tekkai until he got Stronger & achieved Gear 2 & Tekkai is described as turning your Body as Tanky as Iron, so imagine the guy who is literally Iron & Blades

False, He almost destroyed Blueno's tekai without G2, G2 was what G4 was for DD, Sanji also did the same.

Tbh, i'm not hyping Daz only against Luffy, i believe defeating him is Zoro's Greatest Achievement till this day
Everyone else was either no match for Zoro such as Pica or he defeated them while Nerfed such as Ryuma Zombie (Two Swords only) or he wasn't pushed and hurt as much as his Fight against Mr.1 such as Kaku & Ohm
I did this exact fight on NF for 100 pages, I know it well and Zoro only defeated him as Kakau thanks to plot, haki related.

Zoro without the haki based plot device would lose with low high diff or mid diff because he will not even wound him.

I understanad what you are saying by feat wise Luffy has 51% cances and MR1 49%, if he starts out of character with Storm aka max AP he goes to 80% maybe 90%.

Zoro has 0% before haki and 100% after Haki.

Top Bottom