TV Show Lucifer (TV Show)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Since Netflix are making Sandman, i would say that would be the best way to introduce him. Though they don't have to show his appearance/ or who's casted as Sandman but maybe have a shadowy figure and it's Neil Gaiman that speaks and we see Lucifer refer him as "Dream" or "Sandman". Instead of a full conversation or such just have it where the camera is pointed at Lucifer and we see Lucifer looking like he's talking to the camera.

If they don't show Sandman then maybe Death herself or Destiny
Agreed, that'd be an amazing way to introduce him.
Death is definitely the number 1 Endless i'd like to see, even before Sandman.

And even if it's only for her to say ''When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me when I leave''

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
And even if it's only for her to say ''When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me when I leave''
nearly all of the Endless have one or two good lines like that, destruction's line too but i see them happening in the Sandman tv show than Lucifer

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
nearly all of the Endless have one or two good lines like that, destruction's line too but i see them happening in the Sandman tv show than Lucifer
Point taken.
That one in particualr however really stuck with me.

Nope. If you've got a site for europeans I'd be game.
Just look it up online, i'm from Croatia and read some of them online.
Also if you need help with the reading order, feel free to ask.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nope. If you've got a site for europeans I'd be game. :)
I'm european too (though brexited out lol), you could read it online if you type in "readcomicsonline"

I actually own a physical copy of Lucifer Omni vol.1 and gonna order vol.2 soon once i get a copy of another volume which is OOP (out of print). Though i own the Mike Carey's run and not anything from New 52 and since Post DC Rebirth

This is volume 1 content of the omnibus:
The Sandman Presents: Lucifer # 1 - 3
Lucifer # 1 - 35
Lucifer: Nirvana # 1

volume 2
Lucifer # 36 - 75

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Now, the tv series Lucifer is clearly nowhere near as strong as in the comics (for good reason)
but don't you think they made him too weak, his abbilities in the show are pretty limited to say the least.
Couldn't they have done a bit more?

That's just something that always bothered me.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Now, the tv series Lucifer is clearly nowhere near as strong as in the comics (for good reason)
but don't you think they made him too weak, his abbilities in the show are pretty limited to say the least.

I think that if they had started in Netflix sooner, maybe. Since I don't think Fox was the good fit for them.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Budget reasons likely and you don't make a love action with an OP character right off the bat. Lucifer in the TV show was made more humane by breaking him down to the lowest the have him build up.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Budget reasons likely and you don't make a love action with an OP character right off the bat. Lucifer in the TV show was made more humane by breaking him down to the lowest the have him build up.
Yes, i get that, both budget and the fact that he's simply too overpowered (also one of the reasons we'll never see him in any DC movie)
but still, he's Lucifer.. atleast give him pyrokinesis not just superhuman strenght.
[automerge]1609602268[/automerge]
Thanks. I'll start reading soon. :geek: :geek:
Sandman 1-8 - Preludes and Nocturnes

Sandman 21-28 - Seasons of mists

Sandman 57-69 - The kindly ones

That's how i started and that's how many suggest the reading order.

However, some start with Mike Careys Lucifer series, it's up to you.
Enjoy it, you're in for a treat. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom