Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Awful

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
if we look at the parallelism of that panel @Nessos, then we may also speculate Luffy's death like Roger (and forget about the PK title).

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As I mentioned in spoiler thread Yamato being an Oden fanboy has more plotholes then Yamato actually be Oden according to the informations we have now.

The things other try to portray as multiple plotholes actually work hand in hand and it wouldn't even work well otherwise.

Oden survived headshot -> Oden Amnesia -> Oden gets told he is Kaidous son -> Oden Starts to copy tge fighting style of his so called father

(Someone not knowing he used to fight with 2 swords won't remember that he used to fight woth 2 swords, if noone ever gives him 2 swords)

Why should they give Yamato similiar clothes to Oden even the chains?
For Yamato being Oden with Kaidou and Orochi being aware of it, it makes a lot of sense. Kaidou said he want make a big announcement regarding his son. For me it looks like they are going to celebrate their 20th anniversary with "boiling Oden again". So Kaidous announcement would be the reveal of Yamato actually being Oden followed by boiling him. Putting Oden in his old clothes so that everyone realizes Yamato is indeed Oden.

Yamato not being Oden and dressing himself like Oden doesn't make ans sense. Yamato wasn't a thing 20 years ago otherwise He would have forced to sit in the first row next to Kaidou and Orochi watching Odens execution. And as Long Kaidou have many pictures of Oden in his mansion we can expect Yamato can not know how Oden looked like.

Are there other hints for Yamato being Oden? Yes at least one big! Just google "Yamato" and super fast you will find out Oden represents the Yamato of Japanese History and Mythology. Which means the name Yamato is actually one of the greatest hints for Yamato being Oden.

A there is a hint in Chapter 966 that Oden actually survived. You might remember if one compares chapter 966 with chapter 585 that Oden represents Sabo and Whitebeard represented Sabo.

It looked Sabo died during the time of the flashback. Ace died pre TS followed by Sabo returning post TS.
Now exchange following:
  • Sabo -> Oden
  • Ace -> WB

How should Oden survive? If someone like Pell could survive a nuke, Kid Sabo a direct hit of an exploding canonball, Bentham the rage of Magellan(with Invankov not being in IP anymore to use Hormon therapy) and Pound surviving the Ovens rage, then someone with a supernatural durability can survive boiling even after he got knocked out by headshot he barely survived. We never saw Odens dead corpse.
(And thats nothing to discuss, cause it is not impossible in fiction)

Last point that got discussed as potential Plot hole: "Odens death was neccesary to motivate tge scabbards."
For everyone who thinks this I recommend to reread the BGstory of Oden. The Scabbards were already prepared to throw away their lives while Oden was still alive. Them finding ozt Oden being alive would in my opinion even increase their Motivation to take down the alliance of Kaidou and Orochi.

If Oden being alive would this mean Zoro have to give back Emna? The answer is simple, no. Oden give the swords to his Kids making them the rightful owners and Hiyori have Emna to Zoro so it is his sword. On top of that if Yamato is really Oden, he switches his fighting style over the past 20 years.

Does Oden have to fight Kaidou? If Yamato is Oden we have to expect he isn't in the same in the same lvl as 20 years ago (one could compare to Hyogoro) while Kaidou raises in power. But I am sure Yamato will be the one slaying Orochi with Ame no Habakiri followed by him becoming the new Shogun after the war. The last assumption is based on the lore of the Emperor Yamato of the Japanes History and Mythology.

Yamato being Oden is definetly a possibility and nothing that should directly put aside as ridiculous.
You have points right there and I agree with most of them but I think Oda foreshadowed Yamato's existence since there was unknown character with clamatiais.

I think Oden is dead but not because him being alive is impossible, I think it's very possible but I'll explain why I think he's dead after we find out Yamato's identity so that my thread about deaths in one piece wouldn't be useless.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You have points right there and I agree with most of them but I think Oda foreshadowed Yamato's existence since there was unknown character with clamatiais.

I think Oden is dead but not because him being alive is impossible, I think it's very possible but I'll explain why I think is dead after we find out Yamato's identity.
yup i think that the one at King's right is him in his hybrid form.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What if Yamato knew Ace when Ace arrived in Wano and Ace talked about Luffy? :blobcoolthink

Yamato is really strong and easily Top Commander level for one-shotting Ulti. Wonder why Kaido didn't make him a Calamity.

How would Kaido respond to Momonosuke transforming into a dragon? How would Momo and Scabbards respond to Yamato looking like Oden?

Nami's going to steal Prometheus soon and Sanji's going to find something major.

Also what are Apoo and Numbers doing? Queen should be taken out soon too.
[automerge]1592585552[/automerge]
Yamato being Oden is just weird to me, kinda ruins how epic his death was as well. Regardless Yamato's an interesting character, I wonder what his hair colour is since it clearly comes from his mother and not Kaido.

So Luffy still can't take 2 veteran level pirates without going Gear fourth? Sigh... I guess he's still not Katakuri level yet :feelsbadman:

Unless this is more of an indicator that Luffy can use Gear fourth far more casually now which would be good, but it only begs the question will Luffy have to change form every time he's in danger now?
Ancient Zoans are really strong as stated by Law before. And Kaido set up an agreement that if a Flying Six can find and bring back Yamato, they can challenge a Calamity to win their spot. What makes you think Flying Six are weaker than Calamities?

And Luffy was fighting two of the Flying Six going all out and being able to sense his Haki. On top of fighting an army of fodder nearby who are stronger than ordinary fodder. Luffy smashed Page One with G3 but got pinned down by Full Zoan Ulti immediately. He's about to use G4 to break free and end the battle quickly as he said he's in a hurry.

Also G4 now is different from G4 back then. He casually used G4 against fodders before so he has a lot better control over it now, which means he has something stronger in place.

This is like fans bashing Luffy for getting captured by Big Mom's Enraged Army after fighting Cracker for hours and getting hit by Sanji. We're literally dealing with Kaido's massive army and top fighters now with even Numbers and Gifters being strong.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ancient Zoans are really strong as stated by Law before. And Kaido set up an agreement that if a Flying Six can find and bring back Yamato, they can challenge a Calamity to win their spot. What makes you think Flying Six are weaker than Calamities?

And Luffy was fighting two of the Flying Six going all out and being able to sense his Haki. On top of fighting an army of fodder nearby who are stronger than ordinary fodder. Luffy smashed Page One with G3 but got pinned down by Full Zoan Ulti immediately. He's about to use G4 to break free and end the battle quickly as he said he's in a hurry.

Also G4 now is different from G4 back then. He casually used G4 against fodders before so he has a lot better control over it now, which means he has something stronger in place.

This is like fans bashing Luffy for getting captured by Big Mom's Enraged Army after fighting Cracker for hours and getting hit by Sanji. We're literally dealing with Kaido's massive army and top fighters now with even Numbers and Gifters being strong.
Fair points, I wasn't too bothered about it considering Luffy didn't appear worried at all. If anything it just seems to imply G4 is no longer a massive burden on Luffy like it was in the past which is good to see.

To me it seems like the Flying Six vary in threat level, the same way that everyone would say King and Queen are clearly superior to Jack. In this case Page One is clearly the weakest and it would be safe to assume Ulti is at least slightly more dangerous than him. Although I'm still pretty certain the All-Stars are superior to the Flying Six, I'm curious where Who's Who stands since he appears to be the most hyped among them.

Yamato is currently a big unknown both in identity and strength. He seems to at least be comparable to the All-Stars from what we saw in this chapter but he could be full of surprises.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
So Luffy still can't take 2 veteran level pirates without going Gear fourth? Sigh... I guess he's still not Katakuri level yet :feelsbadman:
Luffy easily handled Page One & attacked Ulti after her Surprise Headbutt, the only reason he was going Gear 4 is because of her Physical Strength when she grabbed him, not Overall Power Level
Which one is forced?

Sabo (585) - Oden (966) paralel was definetly there.

Using it on their live/death might feel forced, but do you see any other Connection between Sabo and Oden?

And about Yamato of jap. history/myth:
Yamato was send to an outlaw region by his father cause of his brutaly behaviour. Yamato conquered the outlaw region. On top of that Ame no Habakiri was given to Yamato.

Nevertheless if Yamato is Oden or not, I say Yamato will receive Ame no Habakiri kill Orochi and become the next Shogun of Wano.
Oda recreated that Scene only, it doesn't mean* their Stories has to match, is Sabo even a Pirate?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I call bs to be honest, with others saying this is a fanboy. This yamato is disrespecting Oden final image before he died, and people say fanboy??

And he somehow magically knew oden goals? (even though we never saw oden interact with this yamato/or seen in flashback=plot hole)

Also why is he not giant like Kaido? If he really is kaido son? Also where did it show yamato in the flashback with oden/kaido? Also he stated he been waiting a looooooooong time for strawhat (just like oden/roger) somehow kaido son magically knows this.. Also the fact he keeps running away from kaido. (as kaido hinted)

To be honest, am not fan of using oden image to hype (unless it's oden) if it's fanboy, that is just disrespectful, since no where did we see yamato(who apparently is oden point 2 with no explanation-in flashbacks/or mention)

and dressing, like him. would further hurt momo that way,that image of his father being used by kaido son. :weirdpeep: yeah let's emotionally hurt the kid more.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I call bs to be honest, with others saying this is a fanboy. This yamato is disrespecting Oden final image before he died, and people say fanboy??
Why is Yamato fanboy of Oden? They literally have nothing in common
Where is the Mystery? Why is a Theory even needed here? It's not like we are dealing with a Mysterious Figure like Im-Sama or Masked Lucci in Water 7 or Udon Prisoner

We learned Kaido have a Son, we just got to meet him and now you want Kaido to not have a Son?
Why none of you said this when it was revealed Kaido have a Son 2 months ago?
And literally everyone expected Yamato to be rebellious against his Father, nothing new here

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Why is Yamato fanboy of Oden? They literally have nothing in common
Where is the Mystery? Why is a Theory even needed here? It's not like we are dealing with a Mysterious Figure like Im-Sama or Masked Lucci in Water 7 or Udon Prisoner

We learned Kaido have a Son, we just got to meet him and now you want Kaido to not have a Son?
Why none of you said this when it was revealed Kaido have a Son 2 months ago?
And literally everyone expected Yamato to be rebellious against his Father, nothing new here
Apparently people are saying this :pepeclown:

Did you know what kaido son looked like 2 months ago?? we all expected him to be giant like kaido. Do not ignore that the reveal showed nothing like this, and he does not even match the same similar size to kaido.
Not to extent he looks like oden/and running away. Maybe rebelling/edgy kid thing. but with reveal yamato taking luffy side shows this is not true.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The mother could be something else tho amd he inherited that trait

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

second Onigashima theory is up :dogkek:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It's like why does BM has different set of offsrings
he not even close to kaido size, hell even katakuri being big mom son, was giant size to normal people (biggest)

Yet yamato is only few feet, higher then luffy.. (and he should be in his 40+ so there should been some height increase in those years. 🤨

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom