Traditional Mafia Game Round 9 - Knives Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Uh, I'm here, sorry for the absence. I don't really have time to read now, so I'm going to read the last couple pages and see what it is I need to be doing ._.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Trail Phase Over... I'll make write ups later

Night Phase 1
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Beky [Jacob Thrombey] has been lynched
You are Jacob Thrombey!

"You had sex with my grandfather you dirty anchor baby!"​

[Active - Let’s Google It] - Whether it's as a 'detective' or whatever, google has answers to everything. As a result, each night, Jacob may target a player and discern their alignment. He will receive results in the form of [Innocent] or [Guilty].

Wincon - Eliminate all threats to Town

Night 1 starts.
You have 24 hours to submit your actions(If Any).

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Private Chat between Observers

For me the scummiest of the 3 is Beky.
Gambit - nullread so far
Hayumi - slight townlean based on meta

What are your thoughts?
What do you guys think of his "star of the show" post?
Bekys last post strengthen my scumread on him.
Scum votes me up as observer to blame me.
What are your thoughts on Gambit?
How do you think about Gambit being silenced?
Either Beky afraid of what Gambit posted or Gambit Vote silenced himself to save his ass :pepethinking:
Just mixed up Gambit and Hayumi :blobthinkhappy:
Hayumi posts seems genuine and strengthen my Townlean in her.
Shall we ask Beky for a claim?
How long does this last?
I think 12 hours from EoD. Which would be like 5 am for me so I have to sort this out real quick. Tbh I was sold on to Gambit but he made a slight claim... Was that a fake though? Oreki didn't count that as a claim...
Okay given the suspects are Nessos, hayumi, and Beky. I would like to ask you Nessos what do you think of your current position?
Tbh, I do not see Nessos as a threat but I can be biased cause it seems to me he is solvy, if he is scum, I'm very much interested to play a few more games with him, but the chances of you being scum are as much as hayumi.

Hayumi, is uhh idk, okayish? She can be scummy as hell if I look at her with a tunnel vision.

Beky is scummy at least more than the other two, she is there but her presence is not strong enough and by saying this I mean she hasn't produced much content yet. Which applies to a lot of players but the difference between them and her is that she has been present in the thread.

But if you ask me, Beky can also be a easy mislynch. But I have no meta on her so I would rely on what I'm seeing right now and that seems scummy.

Nessos what would you say in your defense if in a world me and Drago both vote for you? And apart from sounding genuine why did you choose Beky over Hayumi? Is this his scum meta?
I have to say I use to read both as scum quite frequently. While I used to change my opinion on Beky during a game I always tunneled in Hayumi causing a few misslynches.

For now I didn't get a good vibe from Beky. His case on me was a joke. And how he start attacking me right after stuff changes are super scummy. Because he didn't downplay my opinion before Oreki announced his mistake.

Hayumi play feels the same as all the games I played with her on NF recently. For now I didn't get any scumvibes otherwise I would have already pushed her.

Thats why I would vote for Beky now.
But I would give Beky the Chance to defend himself via claim.
How do you think about it?

I used to powerwolf when I am scum. It is the easiest way to get Towncreds.
Yeah, I don't think we should be voting Nessos, Poison. Beky on the other hand, yes.

I dislike his intentions with voting me and Poison. Saying that he trusts us to not make a mistake. That makes zero sense because of we both voted for him based on his D1 play, he should know that. And it's not like he's done anything significant to change that opinion so the logic that we'll just randomly change our mind, making the right choice is absurd.

Got a strong feeling he's using this tactic as a way to manipulate us into trusting us, cause he "trusted" us.
Well if we are to make someone claim, we should ask for something which won't be a suicide as in they should not get targeted at night for that, although I think if she is a PR of superior rank she would have tried to defend herself better isn't it? If she is a scum though, there would be bussing for sure. We can ask her to claim but I think we should ask her to defend herself in any other way first if she can that is.
OK lets wait and see how Beky reacts to Dragos post.
OK is response to Dragos posts ain't let him look better.
You know, there's some level of information to be gained from lynching Beky. I am confident that there is a scum on the voters who voted for Nessos. And if there is then it'll be unlikely for their to be a scum who would vote Nessos as Observer cause I expect mafia wouldn't have contradicting votes like that.

For Beky to flip scum would give more credence to those on the Nessos Observer wagon being town while also making the others on the Nessos suspect wagon suspicious because more likely than not, scum votes together. You guys get what I'm saying here?
I get it.

But for now. Did one of you watch the movie?
Is Jacob an important figure? Is he a cop or does he fit to be a cop?

Jacob the cop sounds like a bad fakeclaim. The flavour is fine, but the cop part is strange.
I looked him up on the wiki and nah, I don't buy it. My character apparently opposes him and he's a whiney internet troll who happens to be racist and xenophobic. The entire family doesn't respect him.

Town cop would be weird for this guy.
Tbh, people can't counterclaim at this moment, but, if he is claiming with a role name, I think we should not be totally throwing it away.. Should we?
Yeah just checked Wikia too and Bekys claim looks worse then I thought.
Aight that makes it bad for him.
Here's what Salah said in his post about the flavor:

So according to this, it's definitely possible for family members to be scum and seeing how an incredibly bad person Jacob Thrombey is, we should vote for Beky.
I would like to see Salah to be the next observer tbh, I'm looking forward to his posts tbh as either alignment.
Just notice we also have to this

@Oreki can we also vote for us or only for other player?
I don't need any points so, my Suggestion would be
  1. Drago
  2. Poison
  3. Juliet
  4. Salah
In case we can nominate us or otherwise
  1. Juliet
  2. Salah
  3. Pepper
  4. Hayumi
What would be your choices?
Agreed. Not having him here was a missed opportunity. Someone like him who knows flavor is necessary to dissect character claims.
Yo, does the name of your ability have one word or more than one word? Mine has one.
Doesn't stuff like this count as info claim :weirdpeep:
But "lets Google it" totally sounds like fake me tooo
For now
Vote lynch Beky
I would not want hayumi to be in the list if we are trying to make a town list in a way. Neither Juliet to have the first spot.
Odd isn't a striking a town either to go up in the list yet.
Okay I'm gonna go to sleep would set my alarm 4 and a half hours from now.
Who else do you suggest?
I don't know tbh, it can be like
1. Salah
2. Pepper
4.Juliet

Would not want Alice / rej cause I doubt one of them is scum for role fishing.
Okay I'm gonna sleep can't keep my eyes open @Oreki how much time do we have?
About Bekys ability claim I would believed it when it were like "Role Cop: Jacob is Handy adict and googles his targets".

(Don't worry I asked for permission xD)
Will end at 7 AM according to our time
You are God. I can sleep moreee thanks ss....
What's the top 4 players about?
At the end of each day phase, all three selected Observer of the Truth with a mutual understanding may rank Top Four players. These are the assigned number of points:

5 Points - Ranked 1
4 Points - Ranked 2
3 Points - Ranked 3
2 Points - Ranked 4
So far I have a strong townlean on Juliet so we could do it like
  1. Salah
  2. Pepper
  3. Juliet
  4. Gambit, Hayumi or RAIL_GUN
Rej and Alice kicked out through Poisons claim.
Trustworthys votes feel strange and gave me scumvibes.
Odd I am not sure, I don't like his play. The way Larsi and Rej hard defended Odd from my evil push aka placeholder spite Vote was just strange. (Thats also why I wouldn't put Larsi as 4th)

I am heading to bed now. I think with Salah, Peper and Juliet as the top 3 we can't do much wrong.
4th Spot only get one point anyway.

I leave the final choice to you :)
Good Night!
  1. Salah
  2. Pepper
  3. Juliet
  4. RAIL_GUN
@Dragomir you can change when you are online.
I'm fine with those 4.

Interrogation phase 2
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Nessos [Janitored] has been killed

Interrogation Phase 2 starts
You have 24 hours to select [Observer of the truth] and [Suspects]

Note:- All suspect votes must be included in one post and to vote suspects use this format

Vote Suspect Player A
Vote Suspect Player B
Vote Suspect Player C

@Dragomir and @Poison Chan can't be elected as Observer this phase

Last edited:

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I have to completely start from scratch now that Nessos and Beky are gone. Especially Nessos who was a suspect.

Anyone made anything out of the trial phase? A reason why Nessos got killed? I think he sounded quite town during the trial this might have scared scum.
[automerge]1597141899[/automerge]
Also I feel the Observers werent neutral enough except Poison Chan, but I didnt like how the observers only jumped on Beky most of the time.
@Dragomir @Poison Chan was there a higher motivation to it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Here's what Salah said in his post about the flavor:
So according to this, it's definitely possible for family members to be scum and seeing how an incredibly bad person Jacob Thrombey is, we should vote for Beky.

@Dragomir this is what you said, so please explain to me how convenient it was that you noticed this part in my Post but missed this one?
Who are the Town in this case you may ask? They are The Private Detective + Detective Lieutenant who assists him + Harlan's Nurse + (Maybe) Harlan's Grandson + Harlan's Mother + The Housekeeper/Maid, these are definitely Town, the rest could be Town but could also be 3rds/Mafia
I literally said that Harlan's Grandson is the only one in the family that i believe is Town, all the rest can be either Town or Scums depending on what Oreki has in mind

Beky also said that it doesn't make sense for Nessos to be voted both Observer & Suspect, unless his Scum Buddies voted for him
But you quickly deemed this Argument useless & said that Nessos was voted Suspect because of the idea i suggested

So let's check the idea i suggested:
I said that i want Observers to be also Suspects, so that we will either have 6 Suspects talking to each other which is 2 birds with 1 stone since it allows the rest of us to monitor 6 Suspects instead of 3 or we get to see Players as both Suspect & Observer & it's fun to see who sides with who & who defends who, especially if we manage to put Scum Buddies together

But whatever it is, the point was in voting for Players you suspect to be also Observers (It's a sacrifice i clearly said i only want to do D1 just to have a good start even if we gave them some Trust Points, we won't vote for them again, so it's worth if we manage to get info)

Not vote for players we read as Townie to be Suspects, so when you saw Nessos being both Suspect & Observer, it means those who voted him as Suspect read him as Scum & some of those who voted him as Observer followed my idea & also read him as Scum.
Making him the most suspicious player yesterday or at least among those 3 suspects & yet i didn't see any effort against him

Actually even if we ignore everything i said right now, you have a Suspect among you voting for both lynching a Player & for best Townie D1 that will grant them Trust Points, your first priority was definitely checking this Player, asking for his Claim so that you can both check your observer buddy & one of three suspects. What if the guy was a Scum? you literally gave him a free ticket, helped him lynch a Townie & who knows maybe i was his scum buddy & encouraged you guys to vote for me for those extra trust points

Regarding Beky's Claim, you guys didn't make any effort really, you read Wikia? i checked Wikia, the page literally empty, it only mentions his personality and that he is an annoying child. Like seriously even if i didn't watch the movie, when i see a character have an empty wikia page, then either he is a background character or didn't do anything at all.
But you guys were like, holy shit the wikia says he is racist, then he must definitely be Scum
(Also ignoring that i said all family members are scummy & annoying)

PS: i didn't vote for Nessos as Observer, neither did i vote for Drago, and i find it weird that neither you nor Nessos pointed that out, i was pushing everyone to vote for Drago but i myself said i voted for Larsi! i didn't want to feel like i influenced the votes for Observers, that's why i voted Larsi instead, i believed he wasn't active enough and won't get much votes to be Observer.
But many players seem to have liked my idea of voting Nessos & Drago, if one of these turns out to be Scum then most of who voted for them are Suspects imo

Scum would love to vote for their Buddies but they can't do that easily, however when someone suggests an idea & gives it a good explanation that allows them to vote for Scum, they will be more happy to jump in, in other words, bait.
The good thing about this strategy is that it splits players into two groups, so even if Nessos & Drago are Town then i will assume those who voted for them aren't scum because they could have just said they were against my idea and pointed out the flaws in it

Finally @Poison Chan go check your posts, you tell Beky that a true townie should Claim & help find Scum & when he does, you tell him that he shouldn't have claimed lmao i need to check more of your posts to give better read (You said Rej or Joby tried to contact you, right? if i recall the movie, i can guess the role of either Rej or Joby & the among the Characters they'd hope to contact is the Villain so that's worth looking into later)

These are my thoughts regarding Trial Phase, now let's check what happened last NP

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
okay so @Rej for your question, I was mostly town reading Nessos, and I was not going to lynch him and his interaction in the conversation was also townish so I ruled that out.

Among, Hayumi and Beky,

Hayumi didn't make enough posts for me to judge her, Beky was present and made enough posts but lacked content. I was not going to judge him based on that tbh, most of his posts though were not AI, and those which were it didn't sound quite townish, but during the trial phase, he went on
-pushing someone else instead of proving why he is town
-claimed d1 with no chances of counterclaim

so there you have my vote on him.

@Salah Eddine I didn't read your entire post, I'm only referring to the last paragraph, I'll read the rest soon.

Finally @Poison Chan go check your posts, you tell Beky that a true townie should Claim & help find Scum & when he does, you tell him that he shouldn't have claimed lmao i need to check more of your posts to give better read (You said Rej or Joby tried to contact you, right? if i recall the movie, i can guess the role of either Rej or Joby & the among the Characters they'd hope to contact is the Villain so that's worth looking into later)
Salah, you should have checked my posts before saying the bold part, above. I'm pretty sure i have not said anything of that sort cause I don't believe in what you said. Now to help you, I searched "Claim" in my ISO and have every single post quoted below.
Bad post. although I read later that you do that (?) but claiming in a role madness is suicidal. and if you are indeed town, a mislynch/NK of any town is bad for the town altogether. and if you are scum, this is how you should play actually so clap clap.
To be honest if a scum tries to imitate her town play of claiming early and posts about it, she would definitely refrain from doing the actual claiming cause. Claiming is bad for scums right? I am not promoting her claiming idea at all but that is not something to town read her for.
I'm taking my first claim spot for day 1.
Yes. The chances of him being a scum is as much as you tbh.
A cop claim. Yare yare.
Beky, if you are indeed cop, and want to survive rn, do you think claiming was the right option to defend yourself? What else could have done if you could not claim? You do realise it right that if a cop claims D1 who is sussed by most, won't be getting protection and scum would kill them at night?
Your claim D1 is pointless as town, precious for scum due to the following reasons
-no one would counterclaim (or can in this phase)
-there are people already scum reading you, so if the real cop presses on you hard we won't be able to deduce the truth.
-if you are cop, you die either way.
-if you are scum, you'll make someone counterclaim sooner or later if you stay alive.
-if you are town and the scum spares you cause they think they can mislynch you, then that is very likely to happen.

so your accusation is completely wrong. I can't quote from oreki's but he got everything quoted from the observer conversation you can look into it aswell.

for your second part, Rej/Jo also I forgot Drago cause he knows about Tsukki too, although I am doubting Jo more cause she uses "Tsuki" instead of "Tsukki". Now, contacting villain, would I as the villain use a claim and say it out loud that they contacted me? Anyways, the truth is one of them did contact me, and tried to rolefish, and that's all, since you have watched the movie you have the upper hand and you can solve it better if you ask me, but do know this, a villain/town can contact any other player, but they won't be knowing that their Target is scum, and they can only target scum from your PoV, but why would scums contact other scums through the host when they are in scum chat? why would town contact the villain, knowing the target is villain?

I'll be playing after doing some irl stuff .

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I just hope Nessos ain't had either Daniel Craig's role or Martha's role ( the nurse). :pepethinking:.

Still have taht the bad vibes about Hayumi. Second suspect will be Dragomir.
[automerge]1597149579[/automerge]
I will look deeper the Observers convo.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
for your second part, Rej/Jo also I forgot Drago cause he knows about Tsukki too, although I am doubting Jo more cause she uses "Tsuki" instead of "Tsukki". Now, contacting villain, would I as the villain use a claim and say it out loud that they contacted me? Anyways, the truth is one of them did contact me, and tried to rolefish, and that's all, since you have watched the movie you have the upper hand and you can solve it better if you ask me, but do know this, a villain/town can contact any other player, but they won't be knowing that their Target is scum, and they can only target scum from your PoV, but why would scums contact other scums through the host when they are in scum chat? why would town contact the villain, knowing the target is villain?
Dunno why you're defending here? i didn't accuse you of being the villain at all, i actually pointed that out to explain that if my idea is right regarding Rej/Joby's Role then they are looking for the Villain & you're not that Villain, i only said that i will look more into it

But even if we assume i suspected you, your argument here is lacking, how would you know that by revealing someone contacted you, you can be seen as the Villain if you haven't watched the movie? From your perspective, even if you're the Villain, you wouldn't know such detail.
Your defense was from my perspective as someone who watched the movie, not yours so it doesn't stand

Either way, as i said, i'm not suspecting you, i just pointed out what i think Players should be aware of
Especially if they try to contact someone else
Salah, you should have checked my posts before saying the bold part, above. I'm pretty sure i have not said anything of that sort cause I don't believe in what you said. Now to help you, I searched "Claim" in my ISO and have every single post quoted below.
These are the two posts that grabbed my attention:
The thing is you are pushing for Nessos lynch instead of proving yourself town. Or so it seems.

A town is never sure about her suspects, they know about their role and if town they try to save themselves by proving that they are town and not by shading other scum to save themselves.
Here you're encouraging him that instead of pushing for Nessos Lynch (Which was not a bad thing to do at all) he should instead prove he is Town, the guy was obviously left with no choice but to Claim, since one of the Observers is a Suspect with him so he will definitely vote for him & the second Observer is siding with him. When he finally does claim, this is what you say:
Beky, if you are indeed cop, and want to survive rn, do you think claiming was the right option to defend yourself? What else could have done if you could not claim? You do realise it right that if a cop claims D1 who is sussed by most, won't be getting protection and scum would kill them at night?
What is the right option to defend himself if not claiming when three observers want him lynched? It was Trial Phase, it was too late, it's only him & Hayumi there, even if he was Jailor or whatever this game mode have of important roles, he was forced to claim by you guys

And when does a Suspect not posting enough makes him not worthy of a lynch? if an inactive player isn't among three suspects then cool, players simply ignored him, but if an inactive player is among three top suspects then town definitely suspect him and his inactivity is a factor for sure, unless they have invisible posts i didn't notice

I'm more suspicious of Drago, i just pointed these two occurrences to say that you are a potential suspect but not yet
There is no need to defend any further and just to add one final thing, if you didn't take one claim spot yesterday (where you only revealed little info) both Beky & Nessos would have claimed so please don't rush to take claim spots

From now on, anyone who takes claim spot and doesn't reveal very important info, i will push for their vote as suspects so that during Trials, we will have 2 claims to choose from
[automerge]1597150571[/automerge]
Just put me and Salah and someone else as Observers today and together we will vote off whoever Salah wants. Easy
I don't want to be Observer, at least not yet
Same observers can't be voted twice in a row, what if i'm more needed next DP?

And even if you want to grant me trust points, most those rewards are cool but there is the revive player ability that is so appealing, it can make us hold on to our points in hope of getting it, but that would require that i'm always voted as Observer or that i compete for Post Counts which i'm not willing to do, and to get 20 points from being observer would require that i survive the whole game lol so the game pretty much force us to spend those points, not hold on to them

My point is, choosing observers isn't only limited to choosing players who can help the most, it's better to consider who needs those reward points (i prefer that most town get to buy a defensive ability instead of one player having tons of points that could be wasted if not used wisely) + i prefer to be left for more important DPs rather than the second one where we only have 1 dead Player, we don't even know his Role.

I also have a cool hint, the game makes us choose three suspects & three observers, but only six can talk, the only difference is votes
Add to it the fact that only two claims are possible so think about it

We can vote confirmed townie as suspect along with 2 most suspicious players & 3 observers that we trust or also confirmed townies
This way we will have 4 townies who act as observers & only 2 suspects with 2 claims to choose from. This strategy should be used before we are down to 7 players

Only one scum can disrupt this strategy is if they manage to put two scums among observers or if they waste claim spots during Invest Phase.
That's why i will highly suspect anyone who take claims spot with no day-changing info and won't tolerate it + i don't want players to push for 2 players as observers like i said last DP, we should only make sure 1 observer we trust is there & scum cannot undo that.
If we vote for many candidates, scum can easily trick us
[automerge]1597150682[/automerge]
Only one scum
Only way*
but only six can talk, the only difference is votes
But all six*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom