General RP General Chat

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
In the old days for us if there is a general idea of how descriptive all 3 RP are, from the least to most is: One Piece, Naruto, Bleach.

I think the rest that have been in all 3 RPs can chip in. I personally have seen some OP rpers write only 2 lines before using first person. And of course Bleach with L vs Marsh being not only like 3 pages long but also I believe I once counted to have probably at least 50k words in total.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
In the old days for us if there is a general idea of how descriptive all 3 RP are, from the least to most is: One Piece, Naruto, Bleach.

I think the rest that have been in all 3 RPs can chip in. I personally have seen some OP rpers write only 2 lines before using first person. And of course Bleach with L vs Marsh being not only like 3 pages long but also I believe I once counted to have probably at least 50k words in total.
Damn I miss Marsh... and Firepowder
And obviously L and Nogori

And Hyuuga-sama... and Meepo...

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I was once influenced by Kaka's style of writing before, and shameless copied it until he found out. :pepehmm:

But now I think I'm more inspired to write similarly to Ellie, but his vocabulary is too much for me tbh.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Also, I created my own pirate logo from paint.

:ROFLMAO:
That’s awesome. I also did the Spada flag, and love tf out of it. Your looks very Gambit-like. :love:

I try not to write long, as writing too much is a weakness of mine, but then I end up writing the background. Iunno, to me it helps me visualize the tension and mood of the whole thing.

Like, it’s not just that Onigumo said “You’re here?”. It’s that he said it with disdain in his voice, biting his cigar, and squinting his eyes with jealous rage. You can feel the hate for Leo. All to say “Fuc** Leo”

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
That’s awesome. I also did the Spada flag, and love tf out of it. Your looks very Gambit-like. :love:

I try not to write long, as writing too much is a weakness of mine, but then I end up writing the background. Iunno, to me it helps me visualize the tension and mood of the whole thing.

Like, it’s not just that Onigumo said “You’re here?”. It’s that he said it with disdain in his voice, biting his cigar, and squinting his eyes with jealous rage. You can feel the hate for Leo. All to say “Fuc** Leo”
I tried searching for a template for the flag but couldn't find a good one so I just resort to this. And thank you. I thought ur flag was picked from the internet. It's pretty sexy.

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Nowadays I like writing background or making smaller details more distinct around the characters/speech etc more than actions. Back in 2010 or something, writing a Bleach action say firing a Cero would usually go like:

Sea raises his outstretched hand with his index finger pointed towards Kaka as the remaining fingers points back at Sea, red reishi particles would start to gather by his fingertip, generating a red orb as it grows into a large sphere absorbing reiryoku. The sound of a distorted charging sound could be heard coming from the red orb as the red orb would finally explode and transform into a red beam of destruction as the distorted charging sound transforms into another distorted sound (Here old me and Kaka would follow up with the line: This is an indication of a Cero being fired), the beam firing towards Kaka aiming to destroy him with its destructive energy.
This is about 100 words for simply firing a Cero. I tried to write in that old Bleach RP style but I'm sure Guren and Kaka would immediately recognize it tbh. Current me wouldn't bother writing that much even if I were to write it in this particular style again lol.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It still beautiful to read for me. It adds flavor to what you're trying to convey. In figures of speech, it's called exaggeration. Which is used to emphasize something.

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
It still beautiful to read for me. It adds flavor to what you're trying to convey. In figures of speech, it's called exaggeration. Which is used to emphasize something.
You might like Ellie's style of writing as well I think.

But honestly if that's the case you'd probably fit into Bleach RP well.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You might like Ellie's style of writing as well I think.

But honestly if that's the case you'd probably fit into Bleach RP well.
I'd definitely wanna be part of that. I've been writing poems and short stories since college and that's the reason I joined OJ RP. I'm a late bloomer in online forums. I wish I discovered this stuff earlier.

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
After reading the new one piece chapter...

Either Oda knows dinosaurs better than the 'scientists' we have or OP have a skewed belief of how dinosaurs hunts. Drake's DF better have super long arms and the short arms are only because its retractable and proclaim this is how Allosaurs hunts in ancient times.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
After reading the new one piece chapter...

Either Oda knows dinosaurs better than the 'scientists' we have or OP have a skewed belief of how dinosaurs hunts. Drake's DF better have super long arms and the short arms are only because its retractable.
After what the Giraffe zoan could do I'm not surprised anymore about the weirdness from them. Still seeing a triceratops floating around like a helicopter was too weird even for Oda lmao.

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
After what the Giraffe zoan could do I'm not surprised anymore about the weirdness from them. Still seeing a triceratops floating around like a helicopter was too weird even for Oda lmao.
More like after what Queen has done tbh.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
More like after what Queen has done tbh.
Nah Kaku's stuff with the giraffe zoan is still the og, the man wasn't even a cyborg. I mean he turned himself into a cube and launched his neck just like how Queen and King are doing. But that was maybe 6 years ago lmao.

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I feel like Kaku one whilst weird isn't too 'wtf' like Queen's tbh.

But it could also be how giraffe defended against predators in the ancient times. :pepesmug:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Nowadays I like writing background or making smaller details more distinct around the characters/speech etc more than actions. Back in 2010 or something, writing a Bleach action say firing a Cero would usually go like:

This is about 100 words for simply firing a Cero. I tried to write in that old Bleach RP style but I'm sure Guren and Kaka would immediately recognize it tbh. Current me wouldn't bother writing that much even if I were to write it in this particular style again lol.
You forgot to add that the raw power that the Cero is generating is causing your own clothes and hair to flutter violently.

And you forgot to mention how as you're charging the Cero, you're staring at your opponent with sharp eyes - the light of your own Cero reflected in your eyes.

LOL

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You forgot to add that the raw power that the Cero is generating is causing your own clothes and hair to flutter violently.

And you forgot to mention how as you're charging the Cero, you're staring at your opponent with sharp eyes - the light of your own Cero reflected in your eyes.

LOL
I can tell you for a fact I don't write like that back in the day. The only reason is that I would never thought of these.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I can tell you for a fact I don't write like that back in the day. The only reason is that I would never thought of these.
I'm just talking about general Bleach style, not yours specifically. xD

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I've also never seen people talk about their eyes like this in a fight. Maybe the fluttering but the latter is something I've never read before.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I've also never seen people talk about their eyes like this in a fight. Maybe the fluttering but the latter is something I've never read before.
Gambit does that a lot of times when Kaka is hosting me. The eye thing is really my thing because it's part of my personality.

Top Bottom