Island Syrup Village

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
All Right! Here Comes Shin! Part 3
Black-Cat Kuros!

(@Ichimonji @Frayz @Oreki )
Now completely fascinated by the mansion, Shin hadn't realised that Rafiki was announcing their presence. Gazing at the front gate, the sky-man was studying the structure. His hometown of Seibu didn't have this kind of design. Waking up from his trance, he looked at Rafiki with a huge grin.

"Beautiful place. I am surprised I didn't appreciate more before SHAHAHAHA!

Tapping the back of the humandrill's back as he laughed, Shin was enthusiastic. He felt the call of the start of his adventure beginning. The feeling was stronger then before. Still having an eye contact with Rafiki, Shin spoke once again before even letting his friend talk.

"So do you think anybody is home ? "

As he finished talking, another voice appeared out of nowhere. Turning around to see who it was, the sky-man looked closely at their surprised guest. Seeing the slicked-back dark haired man, Shin, still with a smile on his face, giggled as he stared at him.

" Hello! The name is Shin and this is Raf. I am a distant traveler and he's a bounty hunter. We came to see if he could come and help out.
How about you ?
Who are you ? "

Talking more than he should, Shin finally stopped talking, when he realised that he was far too excited to conversate with anybody.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Enter Captain Kuro! - #5

There was movement in the mansion. Rafiki’s developed eyesight and depth perception allowed him to see the shadows moving by the windows. Rafiki had leaned further on his tail, hairy arms crossed. Suddenly, footsteps caused Rafiki to turn towards the road.

A tall skinny man with a slick-back hair, and a micheavous grin, approached. Rafiki fixated on the man as he walked. He seemed familiar... somehow. Rafiki searched his memories as Shin spoke, responding to the man. Shin let out the bag that Rafiki was a “bounty hunter”.

With those words by Shin, the Humandrill eyes widened slightly, but enough that an attentive person could figure it out. Rafiki recognized Captain Kuro from his bounty. Dropped in East Blue to pluck the weeds, those wanted were first on the list. A man thought dead, inactive. Was he the same?

Shin bombarded the man with excitement.

[Rafiki] “Let the man take a breath. One cornered has a way of showing their... claws.”
The Humandrill spoke gently, the last word with a ting of sarcasm. The Monkey King was wary, his hair standing on end. This was no normal man in front of them. The gentle breeze hugged the tension, though Shin would be oblivious to it. A mind game, and Rafiki awaited Kuro’s response.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
" Hello! The name is Shin and this is Raf. I am a distant traveler and he's a bounty hunter. We came to see if he could come and help out.
How about you ?
Who are you ? "
With a cheerful expression, Kuro watched Skypiean introducing himself and the humandrill along with him. Why in the world was he so cheerful about? A tiny fraction of an idea started to form as Kuro racked his mind before giving them his identity.
“Let the man take a breath. One cornered has a way of showing their... claws.”
Why did he say this? Does he hope to investigate me? I have to act like the butler of this mansion. Furthermore, he using the obvious fake trick to catch me. Even though I can't be sure whether or not he really suspects me, it's safer to assume that he does otherwise, there would be no reason for him to say claws. Now is not the time for this, I have to act natural. It's best if I don't think about any of this. He is most likely trying to get me to make a mistake... Kuro still kept his very cautious attitude. Being half serious and half fearful about what might happen, Kuro decided to get the ball rolling

"I am Ken and I am the butler of this mansion. So, what do you want?" He had decided to conceal his identity, it was an atmosphere that didn't allow him any route.

Suddenly, the door of the mansion opened. In front of his eyes, Kaya was there, staring straight back at him. She makes her way to the front gate. A wind blows by, carrying the scent of freshness and puffing up Kuro suit. Her eyes open wide, the mansion behind her back. He notices that her hair was tied with a string the color of sunset. Her entire body shakes.

"Kuro?"

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
All Right! Here Comes Shin! Part 4
Black-Cat Kuros!

Kuro said:
"I am Ken and I am the butler of this mansion. So, what do you want?"
Tittering as Ken was introducing himself, Shin who had decided to let Rafiki do the talk, did not reply to the man. Smiling away, he glanced over to Rafiki, trying to show to him that he was letting him do the talking. At that exact moment, the door of the mansion opened. Rapidly turning around, Shin looked right at the mystery woman right behind the gate. Seeing at first the blonde haired girl, the sky-man thought that things were going their way. But as she said the word "Kuro", something bothered him.

"KURO ?!" - Turning his head dramatically as he talked

"I thought your name was Ken ? "

As he was done exclaiming, Shin kept took a step or two away from all three people around. Standing now in a position where he has almost everyone in his eyesight, the blue haired sky-man was chuckling a bit loudly. However, this time it wasn't a chuckle because he was in a good mood, but more because he feels that something might be going on. It was how the woman had said his name. The tone wasn't a good one. Shin might seemed a bit out of the box, but he's got a 6th sense when it comes to people. Something was off.

"So Raf... I....I....I'll let your take over"

Shin was about to talk to the woman, but once he saw Rafiki, he knew something had caught his attention. He wasn't sure if it was good or bad, but he felt it was best he lets him handle it at first.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Enter Captain Kuro! - #6
The three found themselves in an awkward situation. A mind game. A word out of place could cut the tension. Kuro answered wisely, identifying himself as the butler, as Ken. His clothing and demeanor trailed his words.

But then a word would dispel the illusion. Not from the three. A young woman came out of the mansion. Kuro, she said, her face draped in fear. Rafiki let out a small grin. The woman had just confirmed his suspicions.

Shin caught on. Rafiki, however, had other plans.

[Rafiki] “Shin, the young woman seems disturbed. Can you tend to her? Perhaps we could get the answers on this town.”
[Rafiki] “I need to have a chat with... the butler here.”

The Humandrill flashed a smile. Assuming, but not deciding, that Shin went to care for the young woman, Rafiki would be left alone with Kuro at the gate, while Shin and Kaya were at the front door.

Rafiki turned to Kuro. His demeanor had changed. Out of earshot of Shin and Kaya, Rafiki addressed Kuro bluntly - tact was out the window when Kaya unmasked him.

[Rafiki] “This island is now a territory of the Devil Pirates, one of the most ruthless Pirates in the seas. You want to leave this island alive, Kuro of the Black Cat Pirates, you work with me.
The Humandrill‘s spoke quickly but with substance. His aura changed. From a sagacious man to one driven by a singular mission. His tone was darker, almost completely different.

Rafiki stood upright, using his size to look down on Kuro. A metaphor, perhaps. An intimidation tactic, surely.
[Rafiki] “Call me your friend from the World Government. You give me leverage on the Devil Pirates by taking Kaya hostage... and I won’t throw you in Impel Down to rot.

The question for Kuro really was: could he trust the Humandrill? Or was this another lie to get his bounty? What choice did he have? Rafiki opened the gate and walked towards Kaya and Shin, keeping his side-eye on Kuro. Rafiki waved to Kaya and Shin, flashing a smile.

[Rafiki] “Our friend here says he’s named Ken Kuro, this fine lady’s butler!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Kuro sighed dispassionately because he was stuck in the depths of despair, there was not a ray of light in his everlasting darkness. He merely stared down these people in silence, his face neutral, if not downright serious. But he knows no amount of imagination would provide a reply to escape from this mess. Kuro just stopped his thought and heaved another sigh. As far as he was concerned he did not possess a sense of good or bad. To him, the words "righteous" or "erroneous" did not really mean anything. Midst of his thoughts, he looked at Kaya. She was probably at loss on what to say. her eyes expressed bewilderment.

Humandrill started to talk. Before Kuro could say what he wanted to say. He showed some interest, though his expression remained unmoved. He took a glimpse at Humandrill expression, which changed sentence by sentence. Kuro concealing his unease placed his hand under his chin and began thinking. Slowly he began speaking when Humandrill start walking towards Kaya and the other guy,

"True enough... It's not a bad idea, is it? I'd say we have common interests," Silence. Expecting that Humandrill would make no response, he went on, "However, do you really mean that? I'll get you leverage on the Devil Pirates full pardons all the way around. I'm sure your friend world government can promise me that."

He looked up at him, "That's the deal, take it, or leave it. Anyway, you've probably lied about taking Kaya as a hostage."

Subjectively speaking, Kuro doesn't particularly hate Devil Pirates even if one of their crewmates has ruined his well thought out plan. He believed he simply lost because he was too weak. After thinking about this again calmly, Kuro thought this could turn out for the best. if he were to build on trust with this Humandrill, then what he's doing isn't wrong. He held his breath and waited for Humandrill judgment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Enter Captain Kuro! - #6.5

The short chat turned into a chess game quick. A man worthy of the name “Kuro of Hundred Plans”. A pardon was all he asked, or rather, demanded. Rafiki would chuckle to himself. Perhaps he had underestimated the man.

Rafiki would nod slightly before turning.

[Rafiki] “So be it.”

With that agreement, Rafiki walked towards Kaya and Shin. He continued with his introduction of Kuro, actimg oblivious to get closer to Kaya.

The question remained. Was Rafiki lying to Kuro? Or was he lying to Shin? What side was he on?

Sorry. Posted this small one to answer Kuro real quick.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
RETURNTOEASTBLUE
-Part Two: Enter the Devils
- [#95]

My name is Jimmy Frayzah, but enough talk. It's time for business, unknown individuals have entered Syrup Village jeopardising a promise I made some time ago. Luckily for me, miracle weather and having one of the most skilled navigators on the seas has allowed me to make it back to East Blue in record time. Leaving the ship under the watch of Harleen, not wanting history to repeat itself under the watch of George after the last time we were here, I depart in our dinghy alongside Mia and Kane on our way to the beach. Ironic, it was here we met Mia and the Unwritten Pirates were born, all rookies to the pirate game but it's like no matter much things change they always stay the same. Even with the dissolution of our old crew and serving a new captain, we have all remained together as Devils.....

.......TO BE CONTINUED

Jimmy;
Level 86
×5=430 (Human/MA: +24 Strength, Speed, Vitality/+5 Speed, Vitality,
Strength)

Strength: 72+24+5=101

Speed: 72+24+5=101
×2=202
-Movement: 101
-Reaction: 101

Vitality: 72+24+5=101
×2=202
-Stamina: 101
-Durability: 101

Haki: 76
×2=152
-Armament: 100
-Observation(Awareness): 52

Expertise: 31
×2=62
-Sword Style: 62

Martial Arts: 100
×2=200
-Hasshoken: 100
-Moon Shadow (Cursed Ability): 100
  • Unhinged Berserking (requires 100 Strength): Increases strength by a +10 for 3 turns and lowers it for the next three turns.
  • Ranged Techniques (requires 100 MA): Doubles the range of Martial Arts techniques.

Mia;
Level 60
×5=300 (Human Boost: +18 Strength, Speed, Vitality/MA Boost: +5 Speed)
Strength: 17+18=35
Speed: 56+18+5=79
×2=158
-Movement: 81
-Reaction: 77+5=82
Vitality: 63+18=81
×2=162
-Stamina: 81
-Durability: 81
Haki: 81
×2=162
-Armament: 81
-Observation(Awareness): 81
Mind: 41
×2=82
-Navigation: 82
Martial Arts: 41
×2=82
-Gunslinging: 82
Kane;
Level 60
60 × 5 = 300
Human Bonus: 12+12+12+18 in Str, Spd, Vit, M.A.
MA Bonus in Speed
Strength: 69 + 12 = 81
Speed: 64 + 12 + 5 = 81 × 2 = 162
-Reaction: 81
-Movement: 81
Vitality: 69 + 12 = 81 × 2 = 162
-Stamina: 81
-Durability: 81
Haki: 75 x 2 = 150
-Armament Haki: 81
-Observation Haki(Awareness): 69
Martial Arts: 23 + 18 = 41 × 2 = 82
-Brawling: 82

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Black-Cat Kuros!

[Rafiki] “Shin, the young woman seems disturbed. Can you tend to her? Perhaps we could get the answers on this town.”
Hearing Rafiki's order, Shin without a second thought executed it. He was still new to the blue seas, and he preferred to let his comrade take the lead, for now. Pacing fast towards Kaya, the sky-man found himself stuck at the front gate. As he was about to attempt to open it, he immediately stopped. He remembered that they had come to help out the people. He thought it was wise to wait for the young lady to open the gate.

"OYE! The name is Shin. I came with my friend to see if people needed our services. We help people.
Is that man your butler?"

Talking in rather low tone compared to usual loud one, Shin really made an effort to whisper the last sentence at her. If his intuition was right, then babbling out in the open might turn this into a situation. Looking at her, Shin glanced, revealing a small smile. Attempting to show her that he was an ally.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
"OYE! The name is Shin. I came with my friend to see if people needed our services. We help people.
Is that man your butler?"
Shin brought the topic to the girl who had not introduced herself. Kaya avoided eye contact for a split second, but then her gaze started to dart around, exuding confusion and unease, but she finally drew a short breath. "That's correct. Kuro is the butler of this mansion."

A kind smile returned to her face once more when she glanced at Shin's reassuring smile. She has responsibilities, she cannot run away from. It would be just the absolute worst. She couldn't do something like that, to involve a stranger so she can run away from her problems. Soon after her eyes landed on Humandrill and Kuro not understanding the meaning behind their exchange, the girl merely looked at Humandrill as he approached, as there was no point in talking any longer.

What kind of expression was on Kaya's face, Kuro wondered. What would happen if Rafiki was indeed serious about the deal, would he be able to give her at least little salvation? Where exactly he started to doubt himself. This was absurd. It was better to simply stay away from her life. He took a single breath and looked up, the sky was overcast by the white clouds blending with pitch darkness. "She's not my concern" With a voice that hinted pity, Kuro whispered.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Enter Captain Kuro! - #7

Kuro and Rafiki walked towards Kaya. Her demeanor had changed, determined. The four stood right outside the mansion door, and eyes turned on the “butler”. The man looked conflicted. Kuro looked up, stating Kaya was not her concern.

Damn! Inside his mouth, as to not alert any, Rafiki gritted his teeth. Whether it was part of Kuro’s plan or not, Kuro’s actions foiled the mirage. A butler whom charge was “not her concern”. Shin would surely see through it and put the mission at risk. The Monkey King had to change up.

Rafiki looked at Kuro with a confounded face, as if he put some pieces together.

[Rafiki] “What do you mean ‘not your concern’? Aren’t you her butl- Wait...

Rariki turned to Kaya and used his gigantic arm to push her back a step, now stepping in front of Kaya, as if protecting her from Kuro. His eyes looked surprise, as if realizing something big.

[Rafiki] “Y-y-ou’re the infamous pirate Kuro of the Black Cat Pirates, with a bounty of more than 15 million! T-t-hat’s why this young lady was scared!”

Rafiki moved back, gently pushing Kaya back and away from Kuro, now almost at the door. Kuro had thrown a wrench in his plans, and so Rafiki would throw Kuro under the bus. Rafiki intended to “protect“ Kaya.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Black-Cat Kuros!

That's correct. Kuro is the butler of this mansion."
Concentrating on what Kaya had to say, Shin smiled and nodded. Unlike Rafiki, Shin didn't hear him whisper those words, showing his lack of interest on Kaya's wellbeing. However, after what Rafiki has said and how he reacted, the sky-man understood, that standing back wasn't an option. Open up a bit his cloak, he quickly unhooked his blowgun. Holding tightly with his right hand, he discreetly used the other to hover over his pouch. While in the same time, Shin's face would change expression. His cheery attitude turned into a more serious individual. His innocent smile quickly shifted into a more determined look.

[Rafiki] “Y-y-ou’re the infamous pirate Kuro of the Black Cat Pirates, with a bounty of more than 15 million! T-t-hat’s why this young lady was scared!”
That was all he needed to know, shifting his position, Shin decided to leave his precious ammo for later. "Once a hunter, always a hunter", remembering one of the motto of the Seibu Wild Gunmen, the sky-man knew exactly what needs to be done.

"Go time!"

Placing his blowgun on his lips, Shin shot out 2 air compressed bullets at Kuros. Capable of shooting up to 6 bullets, Shin thought it was wiser to not "put all his egg in one basket". The bullets would be aimed to strike his legs, causing some discomfort.
This was how Shin was. A very kind person, but when things go awry, he handles things swiftly.

• Dead-Eye "Low": (All moves are generally in High, if not they'll be mentioned to be low)
It's one of Shin's signature move. It consists of him using his BlowGun to shoot compressed air bullets. The goal isn't to wound the foe, but to slow them down. He generally always targets the legs.
DPR: D individual, combined C (Max Ammo: 6)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
There wasn't a single thing in his expression that showed he was surprised by Rafiki sudden change of plan.

For no reason at all, Kuro felt deeply saddened and remembered a nostalgic line. "Do you know why roses are beautiful? Because they are plucked before they are wilt" the person he loved so greatly used to beat him. Before he had noticed, he had mistakenly developed the belief that he's allowed to have desires. There was a time he wanted to do something properly to make everyone love him, it doesn't matter it's a good thing or a bad thing. Even that one desire betrayed him.

In the end, he was unable to become the person he had hoped for... He's the person who never showed any sign of hesitation or faltering yet his thinking was simply a moment of hesitation.

Whenever someone feels pushed into a corner like that, seeing someone come to pull them always makes them happy. He was starting to take a fancy to the things he had dismissed as unnecessary.

Honestly, I don't want to fight... Am I the only one thinking that? Even though he should be angry, the anger that should be smoldering seemed to be fading and he himself felt strangely apathetic. But he was not the one to choose that.

"Do you really think such attack such an attack will have any effect?" Kuro dashed toward his opponent while enduring his attack in his attack that did no damage to him, and upon getting close, raised his left arm, and slashed downwards with it.
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
Requirement: 21 Mastery, 21 Strength, 21 Speed
21-40: 2. Street Level: Effective DPA

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
RETURNTOEASTBLUE
-Part Three: Enter the Devils II
- [#96]

So the trio from the Devil Pirates had landed on the island and was now making their way up a path towards Syrup Village.... Wait, who the hell is?....... Just be patient idiot, you'll find out soon enough Ta-bada-bada-bada...... Are you like stealing my narration gig?....... Just shut up already, it's not like anybody would give a shit, you're Jimmy freaking Frayzah, who fucking cares?....... This won't be the end of this, I'll be taking it up with a higher power...... Okay so back to what was happening, the idiotic Jimmy Snoozah, his navigator, and apparent right-hand Leah, as well as the very handsome Kane🧡, were getting closer to Syrup Village, all with determination to keep it safe from whoever was threatening the peace. As they finally approach Kaya's mansion, Jimmy instantly recognises Kuro and has an almost unusual reaction.

"KURO!! I thought I had killed you, it's kind of a relief I didn't but you shouldn't have come back here. Kaya, I'm glad you're okay, what's going on here?"

Jimmy turns his attention to Kaya and the individual who seems to be defending her from Kuro....

.....TO BE CONTINUED!!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Captain Kuro Surrounded! - #8

Captain Kuro unmasked. Yet, he seemed more downtrodden than one would expect. A man at the end of his rope. The Humandrill pushed Kaya away from the threat. Shin took charge. It seemed his carefree nature was such outside of battle, yet his instincts for danger heightened in the heat of battle.

As Kuro attacked Shin, Rafiki stepped in front of Kaya, now almost at the door to the mansion.

[Rafiki] “Don’t move, miss. Stay behind me and I shall keep you safe.”

Rafiki nodded with a gentle smile. A good act. The man held Kaya behind him. If Kuro wouldn’t take her hostage, Rafiki would. Suddenly, those plans would be laid to rest. Three appeared over the horizon. One recognizable. Unlike Kuro, this was a man Rafiki knew; the stories were many. Jimmy “Mad Red” Frayzah - 556,660,000 Beri bounty.

Rafiki gritted his teeth again. Jimmy knew Kuro, noting he had almost killed him before. There was no other choice.

[Rafiki] “We’ve come to help those in need. This man attacked this young lady. Be careful! We have this covered!”
The Humandrill stood upright, keeping his charade alive.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Black-Cat Kuros!

Grinning as he saw Kuro right through his attacks, Shin's dream was coming true. Just as his foe launched his counter attack, Shin prepared his weapon. As the slash was sent, Shin simply jumped backwards. Evading the slash, Shin pointed his blowgun and shot the other bullets right into his left leg. This was done while his was in the air, landing a few meters away from his target.

"Nice to meet you, Kuro"

Taking out a pop green, Shin quickly put it in his weapon and waited while smiling. The fire inside him, the one that gives him all that good energy was working over time. Fixating on Kuro, the blue haired sky-man seemed to have completely forgotten about the others.

• Dead-Eye "Low": (All moves are generally in High, if not they'll be mentioned to be low)
It's one of Shin's signature move. It consists of him using his BlowGun to shoot compressed air bullets. The goal isn't to wound the foe, but to slow them down. He generally always targets the legs.
DPR: D individual, combined C (Max Ammo: 6)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
He was hopelessly overtaken by his emotions and was not sure how could take things any further. This was not because he was cowardly and sycophantic, quite the contrary; but for some time past, he had been in an overstrained condition. Being completely absorbed by himself and isolated from the people after his dreaded meeting with Jimmy Frayzah. This day, however, when completely absorbed by his internal thoughts, he became acutely aware of his fears. What the fuck is wrong with me lately?! So he decided to torture himself, fretting himself with such a question.
Grinning as he saw Kuro right through his attacks, Shin's dream was coming true. Just as his foe launched his counter attack, Shin prepared his weapon. As the slash was sent, Shin simply jumped backwards. Evading the slash, Shin pointed his blowgun and shot the other bullets right into his left leg. This was done while his was in the air, landing a few meters away from his target.
Glancing, however, he was completely conscious of himself now, and these thoughts have been starting to clear his mind. He had thought of turning back. Though it would shame to his title, to his pride, he's a man of intelligence, but to act accordingly to every situation, intelligence is not enough. "I guess this mess up can be made up for.."

Suddenly twist his leg and make a side turn to dodge the enemy attack as he did so he stopped when he saw Jimmy Frayzah and heard him saying he made mistake by returning here. Kuro was having mixed feelings right now, he had anticipated that being persuasive of Kaya would not be easy to get across, as she has been betrayed by him before. As far as the current situation stands, he'd rather try to talk out with Jimmy Frayzah.

"I'm so close to paying my goodbyes to our esteemed guest Rafiki, depending on their reply. It won't be an easy decision, because it will backfire greatly if he tries to outsmart us." He smirked, while Kaya looked him perplexed and confused."On a lighter note, Jimmy Frayzah you may need to make the best decision here, in my opinion."

Kuro, whose face was full of pleased smiles as if he was on the steering wheel with these people riding with him, "Rafiki all you've done so far is desperately parroting to make me look bad, instead of addressing actual truth. If you are really trying to protect her, it would be more worthwhile to address what you claim to be ill-argument, Jokes on you, I know well that you have no valid way to escape from this which is why you are beating around the bush, and even took the fake initiative to squeeze in that sentence reciting to Jimmy Frayzah, but why you need to address this if you are trying to protect her Rafiki? It's like you saw my follow-up coming. Indeed, you really hold a grudge against me for not able to fulfill my promise to take Kaya hostage."

He smiled vaguely, "Not the most professional, you should've put a better facade Rafiki the underworld member. You had been looking for something to pin your opponent and then attribute their behavior to their intentions, trying to force them into being guilty of the crime they yet to commit. This isn't an attitude of a marine. Rather than an experienced underworld broker, you sure have thought I wouldn't find out? I know every corner of the east underworld meetings, every underworld waged and every deal struck. They call me... Kuro the smartest man for no reason."

Although everything Kuro said may be fake, everything he had said to them was in a manner that reflected his seriousness to the situation. At the same time, Kaya moved a few steps back after some considerations.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Captain Kuro Surrounded! - #9

Captain Kuro was cornered, and he showed his claws. The man lobbied accusations against Rafiki bent on steering the situation to his benefit. Rafiki had Said those last words with the intent to put him in a better position should Kuro turn on him. A battle of wits.

Kaya moved back, in doubt. Rafiki thought fast, for a single word out of place would spell disaster.

Rafiki relaxed, standing upright. He took a step forward, and then another, until he came down the porch. He left Kaya safe at the door. If there was a hint that Rafiki would do her harm, he wanted to get away from it. With Jimmy arriving, Rafiki did not need to protect her, so he wished they believed.

[Rafiki] “Accuse whomever you want. Today, you die.”

The Humandrill entered the battlefield. Next to Shin, the large man cracked his knuckles. Now, the Man of a Hundred Plans face two.

Quite simple. If Rafiki argued with Kuro, he would seem more guilty. Instead, he let Kaya safe, even from him, to counter Kuro’s allegation. The Humandrill had to rely on Kuro’s well-known past and reputation for deception. Cue to Jimmy.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
All Right! Here Comes Shin! Part 5
Black-Cat Kuros!

(@Ichimonji @Judas @Oreki )

Shin didn't even flinched when he heard the accusation made by Kuro. Being a person who's knows people, didn't believe one second. Nothing in Rafiki's demeanour had made him think that he was in cahoots with Kuro. Standing next to the humandrill, Shin simply smile at him.

"Smearing his name like that... I take that he's truly a wanted man..." - Shin's thought

Holding his blowgun in position and still aimed towards Kuro, Shin blew out another attack at him. As the attack was made, a huge plant like creature emerged from it. The creature was actually a Venus Flytrap. The plant would use its vines to grab hold of Kuro's arms. If successful, the plant would use the distraction to try to bite and eat Kuro.
However, even if the vines were unsuccessful, the plant would still attempt to attack him.

"Don't worry, I won't fall for his trap." - Shin said with a smirk on his face as he removed his blowgun from his mouth.

• Midori Boshi: Devil (緑星・デビル , "Green Star: Devil"): The user throws a Pop Green to creates a large Venus Flytrap which attacks his enemies. In addition to being able to eat enemies with its large mouth, it can ensnare those nearby with its vines. Preventing enemy to move for 1 turn. (31 Mastery) Damage Potency Rank : C

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
After a significant time marked by a battle of wits and deception, and all involved trying to best position themselves, the final showdown became clear in its nature. Shin and Rafiki would take on the notorious Kuro of a Hundred Plans, and wielder of the Cat Claws. A man that had notoriously killed a whole ship of Marines in the past, and an enemy most worthy of two seasoned fighters such as Shin and Rafiki. With his gloves equipped, ten long katanas for his fingers, Captain Kuro grinned, adjusting his glasses with the heel of his hand, light reflecting off of the glasses in a fashion intimidating to the weak of will.

So that how it'll be. Prepare yourselves...

Kuro said, letting his savagery show on his facial expression. Kaya, standing at the doorsteps of her modest home, was shaking in fear and in disbelief of what was happening, disrupting the peace that she was so used to.

Shin was the first to attack, using his blowgun to fire a Midori Boshi. The Midori Boshi, in flight, transformed into a large Devil Venus Flytrap, a weapon that one would not be familiar with in this blue. Needless to say, Captain Kuro knew nothing about this weapon either. But it did not matter. He pushed off of the ground, propelling himself to the left and avoiding the Devil Venus Flytrap and its dangerous mouth. Some of the vines that lashed out toward Captain Kuro were quickly cut down with a swing of Captain Kuro's right hand, and the five katanas that adorned it.

DPR: 21-40: 2. Street Level + C:+1 = 41-60: 3. Wall/Tree Level

Cat Swipe: Captain Kuro swipes with one of his hands, using the five katanas to cut down a target. Rank: C.

Realizing that the Devil Venus Flytrap was quite large in nature, and cutting it down completely would not be an easy task, Captain Kuro instead thought about it rationally. Having landed, he pushed off and rushed Shin and Rafiki, closing the distance. If he engaged them in close-quarters combat, that would limit the effectiveness of the Devil Venus Flytrap, due to the possibility that it would harm them as well. Now in front of the two, Captain Kuro spun around, extending both of his arms and the ten katanas outward, turning himself into a mini tornado of spinning blades that aimed to inflict multiple slash wounds on both of the enemies.

Cat Spin!

DPR: 21-40: 2. Street Level + C:+1 = 41-60: 3. Wall/Tree Level

Cat Spin: Captain Kuro starts to spin rapidly while extending both of his arms and their ten katanas outward, turning himself into a mini tornado of spinning blades that can cut down anything close to him. Rank: C.

@Ebuk @Ichimonji

Last edited:
Top Bottom