General RP General Chat

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Self-Evaluations and Submitting Reviews for Exp

In an effort to both expedite the process of reviewing completed threads and awarding exp, as well as decenter the responsibility and authority of judging and evaluating the quality of players' respective RP/individual style, we will be moving on to using self-evaluations for reviewing threads.
In the instance of reviews for official RP events—the old system will be used and threads will be graded by a specific official review team selected by the GM’s. An exception to this rule will be made for the Anniversary Events--and for many of you these will serve as warm up as your first ever review!

How it will work
  1. Once a thread is completed, everyone will be responsible for scoring their own performance
  2. All Hosts and RPers will then coordinate in a group PM and make sure that all are in agreement about everybody's individual scores​
  3. If a dispute arises that the group is unable to resolve among themselves, a neutral player (who is not already involved with the thread being scored) on the official review team can be brought in to assign a value to the score being disputed​
  4. Once a consensus has been reached, a representative from the group will submit the final scores to be processed within the Experience Thread here: https://thrillerbark.com/threads/experience-thread.93/
  5. Sit back and relax as a GM or someone on the Review Team processes everyone's scores and awards the corresponding EXP <3​
Criteria for Evaluation

Each category is scored 1-25
A score of 12 represents the “average” or “passing” grade for each category—anything lower being below average and anything higher being above average. Scores in the 20’s are reserved for demonstrable excellence within a given criteria--a score of 25 being for absolute perfection. If an entire category is not applicable to your RP (ie: there was no combat or you did not use any graphic descriptions) then a value of 1 can be assigned as default for that category.

Personality: 1-25
Story: 1-25
Combat Prowess: 1-25
Description: 1-25
Enjoyability: 1-25
Rule Breaks: 1-10
Experience: (left blank until processed)

Scoring Guidelines for Your Consideration

Personality: For how 'fleshed out' your character feels. Do they develop and grow? Do they have opinions or emotional responses to what happens around them? To what extent do they engage critically with other characters' ideals and actions?
Story: For how 'fleshed out' the narrative choices you make as a writer are. Do your posts illicit imaginative and creative responses to them narratively? Do you respond in interesting and creative narrative ways to the posts of other's RPing? Do your posts take a proactive or a passive approach to the collaborative narrative unfolding?
Combat Prowess: How closely you successfully adhere to the rules and mechanics outlined within the Skills&Abilities Section. Do your combat decisions feel forced or plausible? Are you afraid of writing your character getting wounded? Is your writing dynamic and exciting? Do you use stats as framework to write and explore creatively within, or do you write what you wish to write even if the stats do not permit it? Does your character have a sense of unique personal style?
Description: For how vivid and immersive the world you are creating feels and reads. Do you activate my senses through my imagination? Do you take the time to set the scene? Do your descriptions flow with the tone taking place in the overall story? Or do you write how you want to write no mater how anyone else is writing? Do your descriptive flourishes feel natural or forced?
Enjoyability: For how readable your RP is. Do I find myself bored or engaged? Where was effort placed and where was it left out or overlooked? Did I have emotional responses to actions and events that took place? Was I invested? Did it seem like the creative back and forth between RPers was interesting for them? Could you tell if they were engaged and having fun with it? Did I laugh?

Rule Breaks

Rule Breaks are given for every violation beginning with 0 for none, 1 for the first offense, and capping at a value of 10. If a rule break is in flagrant and deliberate violation of the rules, the official review team can be consulted via PM to see if awarding multiple points for a single violation is warranted. Examples of what constitutes a Rule Break are:
  • editing several days after a post is made or editing your post at any point after the next person has posted are rule breaks
  • performing an action that does not correspond correctly to the relevant stats at play is a rule break
  • controlling someone else's character is a rule break (the exception to this being minor and rare instances where all parties are previously in agreement about something like traveling from point a to point b on an island as a group or being carried by another character etc. these instances are rare but sometimes are necessary for the progression of the story)
  • not correctly citing the GM aproved descriptions for each technique proposed in your post is a rulebreak
  • this list is by no means comprehensive. If you think that you or someone in your thread has made a decision that goes against the spirit of the rules of the RP but are not quite sure if it constitutes a rule break specifically--ask a neutral member of the review team or a GM
  • also see the general rules for the RP section here: https://thrillerbark.com/threads/rpg-master-thread.99/post-609
On a more personal note, I ask that you all be patient in the coming weeks while the GM team works to implement big changes to the RP. Why are we working on these things in secret? We are performing open-heart surgery and adjusting to the new normal of the RP same as you. We are working on making the RP clearer, more open and transparent--and I hope more inclusive and community driven. I can tell you right now that the three most important things to me right now have been 1. centralizing and clarifying the rules of the RP for all to access and reference with ease, 2. Streamlining the official channels of discussion between the GM's and the rest of the community so that we can be working on things together where we need to be and no body feels left in the dark about why and how things are (within reason), and 3. Offering immediate and practical relief to what I view as the biggest crisis of the past few months: reviewing threads for experience points!!!! I hope that this is a step in the right direction as we try to get our momentum back <3

Yours,
jobymamushi
Kindy lock this thread so it wouldn't be spammed..

Question: do i only review my posts or the totality of the thread?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
At this rate, I don't even feel like this RP really gonna grow for simple reason GMs introducing random changes and those changes has been never discussed by the players. However, everyone here, that is to say, my peers, would have their own personal experiences where they wanted to disagree or wanted to voice their concern it did not for the simple fact they knew it will not be considered, so they have not had the chance to voice their problems.

No matter how much I try to think about it, how can a place where things happen without consideration of others can actually grow? We're here to make a better community for those who want to RP not let them know if you have an opinion you have to keep it yourself and suck it up because if you voice them there will be hot blood all over the place and some people will be offended for no reason to show you're being rude when you were simply trying to give your input.

I somehow cannot comprehend how this all we possible and how long we can keep on going with these attitudes. Anyway, to show my fairness... I can tell you that I did not give a shit about activity proceeding by a new rule, so yeah I argued even though that was hardly enough of a reason for me to make beef with others because I was internally sick with all these changes without taking the input of players or even asking them beforehand or even telling them the most minor changes.

I said my genuine concern, what I received "Oreki is rude", "I will simply discard what Oreki says" "Messiah this" or "Messiah that" For me personally, who prefers to enjoy this RP and like to keep on going, this was rather bad news that we can't give opinions anymore or else the role of victim, annoyed or saying others rude, blah blah blah will be played.

Joby up and said we can bring Iva back because she wants the fruit, yeah no one gives a shit that story has been created by that event, character development has put into motion but yeah we will bring Iva back because I want that fruit. And we all know Joby just wanted to go for my territory and the fruit merely an excuse since she still went for it. So I'll tell you what if you want to do something then do it without excuses because we're not here fools who don't understand a thing.

Having past disputes was already a kill-joy, but now this? Give me a break. If some people gonna become pouty, annoyed for their mistakes to point out, or their points to be not likable then that's isn't my issue, I simply state my point for the better of this RP not for the consideration some players will act all pouty for absolutely zero reasons and call us rude, or will simply discard what we have to say.

We want an RP that develops alongside its players, it is supported by there players, their opinions has been considered, flaws have been told out to them, not this where if you tell opinion it will end up in pointless dispute. Yikes. This was an RP that possesses a certain charm that words alone cannot describe for me that was the case when I joined it. I have to say that charm has been lost and this place becoming boring(for me) every day.

Also if you guys think I take you all for an incompetent fool then that's your mistake. After all, people give criticism to the best-written novels, designed games, movies that don't mean that game director, the novel writer was incompetent, no it simply means they could have made their already well-crafted story even better in the eyes of reader, or player. So yeah, I don't see myself seeing anyone here incompetent when I am not that amazing myself.. Oh well, anyone can think whatever they like of me. So yep, I am just a guy who doesn't like swallowing my complaints that I may have had.

But to be honest we here to be treated as fools when we were giving our opinion or disagree with something people approach in a rude, emotional, aggressive way it makes it sound like we just did crime by giving an opinion. I'm speechless at the fact that once super fun, friendly RP has become this.

Also, Joby just said that "Someone like Naomi shouldn't or she's new to give an opinion" It's like saying she shouldn't be included as part of the RP, isn't that kind of misleading? Such a straightforward concern was responded to by Joby with such an answer. And we're planning to recruit members with this attitude... good luck with that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Ziosa and @Ranger one of you move the post over to the master thread and delete the thread when you get the chance.... I do not has this power
I am not asking for that.. I was saying that it should be locked so ayers will not post anything in that thread.. I want that thread to be a reference and not chat box like this and other threads..

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Just catching up in this thread... still another twenty pages or so. Anyway, will probably find two things to post in for activity once I'm done.

I think I might need to set up two or three days where I specifically check RP and post in threads where able. My approach so far has not increased my own confidence or investment in the RP, as I've been mostly doing things when I feel up to it. It has been hard to maintain interest as my own sense of self has been low these past few months. Though as always, I try to focus on the positive side, and try to reinvigorate myself regarding RP.

How the hell do you guys do it, Rpg makes me want to go afk for days, it's hard to write! :sponge:
I don't know, your write :blobdead:

The problem is to find the willpower to begin writing the post. :larsicry:
And the fear that you won't be able to capture the scene you imagined in your head...

So Ice has the T-Rex Fruit, Revo’s Robin’s and Backyard Ace’s etc....
I think you mixed some fruits up here, I will be the next Hana wielder, it is the perfect fruit to expand upon Weapon's more laid-back side. Puppet shows, animal impressions, and true multitasking!

Since I am returning with a new character I guess I should go the process as though I was a new player?
Welcome back and good luck on your new journey. :D

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My boï Roogy is back with them likes ! :pepeexcited:

And the fear that you won't be able to capture the scene you imagined in your head...
Exactly ! Most of the times as I began writing, I go in a complete other direction to what I wanted previously. T^T
[automerge]1590747806[/automerge]
Y’all getting too emotional, it’s a game ya dig ?

Ziosa

Salutations
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
ill keep this short. i feel the GMs and other players are on a bit of different wavelengths for stuff like this. some of these rules were 'unofficial' or didnt come up enough that we didnt even think about mentioning them. asking questions to larsi will often lead to learning new things or remembering how things work etc.

rules like buying stuff before getting activity wasnt defined due to the way larsi did it, and even then it was occasionally mentioned. we are working on an improved list of rules to help open it up again.

i also feel both sides have some blame, oreki for somewhat deniyng the authority a GM has and us GMs for not being open and just stating it as fact rather than fully explaining.
What's up with these rules that I have had no idea that they existed? Learning new shit every damn day. Is there a list of rules that @Ziosa and @Ranger are hiding from us? :pepehmm:
stuff like this doesnt help at all lol

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Sure okay whatever works for you so you can get what you want lol. Hey @Roogy I want the Bomu so Mr. 5 isn't dead okay, who cares if it was vital moment of development for your character!

This is the exact message I'm receiving right now lol
I think I technically killed him but I get your point
If anything I feel like continuous introducing new npc's that can inherit unclaimed fruits or fill positions in the WG would make story events more consistent and also help keep the world from feeling barren because of everyone else dying or something
Yes, Pepper killed both of them, and I'm pretty sure I RPed finding their fruits on the ship. Anyway, I wasn't really on board with killing them or taking their fruits, it just kind of happened, and now I RP with that fact as a part of history.

ok, that was a typo lol. fixed. sorry @Roogy frayz just cost your crew several hundreds of thousands of beri lol
Oh, I see lol. I really doubt he minds tbh, he's usually the first to correct things if his crew gets paid too much lol
I wasn't aware of an issue, but if things are correct now, I am glad that it has been resolved. When up-to-date I can usually figure out what's too much or too little, and in both I take issue because I like to have a consistent stance on what is fair.
[automerge]1590756536[/automerge]
Niflheim/Little Garden responses tomorrow. Catch up took longer than expected. :D

So I'm just gonna start my own small little pirate crew, that cool?
@Roogy somebody must've left the backyard gate open? :pepehands:
There is no gate, the world is our Backyard. Peeps are free to come and go, that's part of the whole idea of the crew.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I didn't take them from you, just making my position on Pepper's new direction clear: completely support. :D
I get you, everyone should feel free to play as the faction they like and not feel stuck. I just thought the name had a funny connection, like Pepper had run away from the backyard lol

A new crew may help mix things up a bit too.

Top Bottom