Other RP Suggestions

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
My initial thought is, wouldn’t the +1 DPR one gets from CoC yield that difference?

I guess I understand the point, but not sure how we’d introduce it in number system. The only thing that comes to mind is when Planet level attacks clash, the one that has an extra invisible DPS (normally yielding 15 DPS) with CoC would win. Outside of that, not sure.

What I don’t want to do is give CoC another boost, as that would alienate lower leveled players and lower leveled NPCs.

What does everyone else think?
I mean that's the whole point of level system. You're significantly weaker against people with higher level and it can't be taken away from them.

If we follow the "the one with higher number in raw Strength wins" when their DPRs are the same, it sb applied to the COC wielder as well. However, getting COC is like getting a quarter pounder now so everyone has access to it.

My suggestion, everyone must agree to up the worth of COC infusion and not just being a level 80+ PC. You can infuse Haki buy spending 100K XP. That'd make the difference.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
You have things like this :

Tier 1 boost: +1 Durability rank against attacks without haki
Tier 2 boost: +2 Durability rank against attacks without haki
Tier 3 boost: +3 Durability rank against attacks without haki

Can we say that the durability boost is not affected if the user's Haki is above the opponent ?
???

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A suggestion for advanced Haoshoku. Right now when users of equal combat power clash I feel like the addition of kings haki should be the decisive factor. In the manga it's been shown to be exactly that, hence the reason why everyone was shocked when Luffy awakened the basics. The potential to get to the advanced stuff elevates a user to simply a higher standard. Which is something I'm missing right now in our org.

Like for example let's say a user deploys a DPR of 12(kings haki included) and clashes against a DPR 12(without kings haki) in our current set up these results in a stalemate. But, in my opinion, the one with kings haki should win. It is what allowed Luffy and Zoro to overcome their opponents, without it, I don't feel they'd have one( Zoro more than Luffy but you get the point).

The same goes for the durability check. Oden a character famed for his stamina and durability and skill in haki was blown away by Roger's haki slash. I feel an attack with kings haki shouldn't be as easily blocked as it is now.

One may argue that if we make it even stronger than it is now the min-maxing would reappear. But I'd counter it that in end-game fights here that it'd bring a strategic element to the table. Will my opponent use their kings haki card in this round or the next? Seeing as it has a CD when applied compared to regular haki. This is a missing factor right now it's simply, at least to me, being used to reach a higher number. Which is but a second element to the true meaning of being able to use it. At least from a lore perspective.

How to apply this suggestion to our numbers system I'm not really sure. A subsection would be too much and I feel if we can simply make it a rule that if the user has kings haki in their calculation the opponent has to, at the very least, counter with an attack that is of a higher grade to balance things out.

I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about this.

@Ziosa @Ichimonji @Sea @tlgRen @Gambit @L'Empereur @Einsauer @Mr. Anderson @Dream @Fly God @Garraofduhfunk
The only concern I have with the whole ''CoC should make a more decisive difference in a clash for strategic purposes'' is that, if people can't clash equally due to their CoC being on cooldown that turn, they'll just resort to other cheap strategic outs such as avoiding with Soru. xD

Ziosa

Salutations
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A suggestion for advanced Haoshoku. Right now when users of equal combat power clash I feel like the addition of kings haki should be the decisive factor. In the manga it's been shown to be exactly that, hence the reason why everyone was shocked when Luffy awakened the basics. The potential to get to the advanced stuff elevates a user to simply a higher standard. Which is something I'm missing right now in our org.

Like for example let's say a user deploys a DPR of 12(kings haki included) and clashes against a DPR 12(without kings haki) in our current set up these results in a stalemate. But, in my opinion, the one with kings haki should win. It is what allowed Luffy and Zoro to overcome their opponents, without it, I don't feel they'd have one( Zoro more than Luffy but you get the point).

The same goes for the durability check. Oden a character famed for his stamina and durability and skill in haki was blown away by Roger's haki slash. I feel an attack with kings haki shouldn't be as easily blocked as it is now.

One may argue that if we make it even stronger than it is now the min-maxing would reappear. But I'd counter it that in end-game fights here that it'd bring a strategic element to the table. Will my opponent use their kings haki card in this round or the next? Seeing as it has a CD when applied compared to regular haki. This is a missing factor right now it's simply, at least to me, being used to reach a higher number. Which is but a second element to the true meaning of being able to use it. At least from a lore perspective.

How to apply this suggestion to our numbers system I'm not really sure. A subsection would be too much and I feel if we can simply make it a rule that if the user has kings haki in their calculation the opponent has to, at the very least, counter with an attack that is of a higher grade to balance things out.

I'd like to hear what everyone thinks about this.

@Ziosa @Ichimonji @Sea @tlgRen @Gambit @L'Empereur @Einsauer @Mr. Anderson @Dream @Fly God @Garraofduhfunk
im against it, i feel you should be able to be a top tier character without CoC so just adding more to it just makes it more and more necessary

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
@Kaka @Ichimonji @Guren @Sea @Ebuk @L'Empereur @Magimasterkarp @Ranger @Mugiwara_Ryan @Dream @Beerbottle @Mr. Anderson @Ziosa @Larsi @Gambit @Fly God @Rottkins @Einsauer @Garraofduhfunk @Hype @tlgRen

A great new patch is in the works!

The GMs find it a good idea that we ask the community to pitch in their ideas for what should be in this upcoming patch. However, there is an IMPORTANT RULE.

The ideas for the patch should NOT be posted here, because we don't want people arguing left and right on each other's ideas. Instead, you have 7 days to send your ideas to me through a PM. I will then copy those ideas to the GM discussion forum, where we can then see what can be implemented and what not.

Have fun with your contributions!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wanna get a consensus of adding a "Worlds Title Registry" to the Encyclopedia

So Canon/Future Player Characters/NPCs that hold titles like that for eg:

Mihawk is dubbed "The World's Strongest Swordsman"
Whitebeard was dubbed before his death as "The Worlds Strongest Man"

^ I just feel once we may get to that stage sooner than later where we have players going for some of these titles

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

^ I just feel once we may get to that stage sooner than later where we have players going for some of these titles
I doubt that's a good idea xD

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Huh? Why?
Because it just leads to needless discussion, arguments and saltiness over who's stronger. Not to mention there's no basis for it because our PCs haven't fought.

Furthermore, this is usually reserved for characters of the last generation, because they have successfully remained at the top for that whole time, and have as such justified being called the strongest. Someone - a character - who is still in their 30s and is still competing with his generation, can't have such a title.

It's just not a healthy thing lol. Your aliases don't have to measure your strength. ''Strawhat'' Luffy, ''Redhair'' Shanks, ''Blackbeard'', ''Whitebeard'', none of those have anything to do with best of or strongest of or whatever.

Titles like most wanted I'm fine with because that's easily proven by a number, highest bounty, simple.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Because it just leads to needless discussion, arguments and saltiness over who's stronger. Not to mention there's no basis for it because our PCs haven't fought.

Furthermore, this is usually reserved for characters of the last generation, because they have successfully remained at the top for that whole time, and have as such justified being called the strongest. Someone - a character - who is still in their 30s and is still competing with his generation, can't have such a title.

It's just not a healthy thing lol. Your aliases don't have to measure your strength. ''Strawhat'' Luffy, ''Redhair'' Shanks, ''Blackbeard'', ''Whitebeard'', none of those have anything to do with best of or strongest of or whatever.

Titles like most wanted I'm fine with because that's easily proven by a number, highest bounty, simple.
you got a point. maybe it can be bought for a heap of DC before end of RP just to establish who is. but it has to have a certain criteria. just because one can afford, doesn't mean he could.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

I still believe we should vote for players's epithet

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Titles would be earned IC and infamy anyway. Like, no one would dispute Spada is “The Grim” or that Gambit is “Prince of Pirates”. Both have earned that through infamy.

Using DC or challenge to get it, honestly defeats the purpose imo

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think one such title that is obvious is "Hungriest Creature" for Captain Gochi. And we should write that down somewhere until someone even hungrier comes along. (And the title match is a hotdog eating contest.
It doesn´t always have to be about strength.

Sea

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

As the guy that did this in Bleach, almost everyone spent more time shit talking each other in the thread/chatango than challenging each other to fight. The only few couple of people ever did do it and they didn't make it past 10 post.

It would be like watching a couple of Cross talking shit about each other but never actually doing it.

Top Bottom