Other RP Suggestions

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Maybe we should put this stuff about what mastery you need for each DRP ranking somewhere in the skills and abilities thread. Either at the top, before all the Mind/MA/DF stuff that use the system, or at the bottom with the other stuff for gms.
Due to a lot of "martial arts" or zoan devil fruits not having any abilities or techniques associated with them, and to take a load off of NPC hosting, we've deviced a simple system for you to follow when hosting. You will be able to perform normal attacks that makes sense with the martial arts, following the following system. Of course, for each rank higher, it will take more stamina. These shouldn't be treated like basic attacks:

Regular attacks:

DPR: C, requires 21 mastery, 21 Strength
DPR: B, requires 41 mastery, 41 Strength
DPR: A, requires 61 mastery, 61 Strength
DPR: S, requires 81 mastery, 81 strength
DPR: S+, requires 100 mastery, 100 strength

Ranged OR AoE attacks

DPR: C, requires 31 mastery, 31 Strength
DPR: B, requires 51 mastery, 51 Strength
DPR: A, requires 71 mastery, 71 Strength
DPR: S, requires 91 mastery, 91 strength
DPR: S+, requires 120 mastery, 100 strength

Ranged AND AoE attacks

DPR: C, requires 41 mastery, 41 Strength
DPR: B, requires 61 mastery, 61 Strength
DPR: A, requires 81 mastery, 81 Strength
DPR: S, requires 100 mastery, 100 strength
DPR: S+, requires 120 mastery, 120 strength

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What do we think about a thread called "The Obituaries"? The thread serves two purposes:
  1. List all dead characters (NPCs/PCs) and how they died
  2. Allows peeps to give characters an ending by posting their end story if they could not do it IC
Wherein you can post the ending of a character you no longer want to RP with. It would be separate from Newspaper Thread cause it can be in RP fashion (though quick), and focused on that. Example, I have an NPC that I no longer want to use. I can "end" his story in the thread. I feel we stop RPing with characters often, but don't finalize their stories. This is an opportunity for that.

We can keep a tally of them in the front page, and add all dead NPCs/PCs that have died (like Buggy).

Would work with PCs as well, if you just want to pick up another PC, you can give your PC a proper send-off.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
What do we think about a thread called "The Obituaries"? The thread serves two purposes:
  2. Allows peeps to give characters an ending by posting their end story if they could not do it IC
Wherein you can post the ending of a character you no longer want to RP with. It would be separate from Newspaper Thread cause it can be in RP fashion (though quick), and focused on that. Example, I have an NPC that I no longer want to use. I can "end" his story in the thread. I feel we stop RPing with characters often, but don't finalize their stories. This is an opportunity for that.

We can keep a tally of them in the front page, and add all dead NPCs/PCs that have died (like Buggy).

Would work with PCs as well, if you just want to pick up another PC, you can give your PC a proper send-off.

Thoughts?
Just do it, you already know this makes alot of sense already lol. Better than character disappearing suddenly like you said

Ziosa

Salutations
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

Thoughts?
i would support it as long as players keep in mind the Free Change rules from many patches ago

Free Change and Character Stat Re-allocation Rules

1) You can only switch characters once a year through free change, stat re-allocation will only let you change aspects about your character, but not the character itself. Because we are now allowing a second player character this means that you can swap one or both player characters owned by you to a different persona of the same level as long as it makes sense in a story telling perspective. (meaning if you are a yonko and you swap characters this other character cannot be a yonko unless you make it canon that one overthrew the other or something like that)

2) Do not use free change or stat re-allocation to make your character specifically strong against the next story island you wish to complete, that is frowned upon as the game is supposed to be for fun and not a hyper competitive min-max simulator

3) Do not switch factions just because one factions has a better reward than another faction, instead just tag all the game masters and explain why you think faction rewards need a re-balancing. You can still switch factions for a different reason like you like one faction is has too few members or any other good reason.

4) If you do choose to switch characters through free change, there should be a good reason behind it such as: you are de-motivated from being active or your character is canonically unusable or you just actually dislike the character you have been RPing. Again, switching characters during free change should not be used to try to min-max against your next island.

5) You cannot use free change to swap the levels of your two player characters. Ex:
- Player Character X and Y are both owned by the same forum user
- Player Character, X, is level 90 and Player Character, Y, is level 30
- Player Character X and Y cannot be swapped during a Free Change Period to get Character X at level 30 and Y at level 90.
This would not make canonical sense.

Usage of the free change item and somewhat regular event of the same nature can now be monitored, obvious abuse to allow the user to have more characters than normal, change characters regularly and anything else of that nature will result in a rulebreak; and the GMs can reduce your level, remove items or other things they feel is necessary. Using it every now and again for these things will be possible, but should still be moderately used for this purpose.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As you all know, a patch is coming in December. We've been working really hard at it! If you have some suggestions for the forum overall, now would be the time. Gives us enough time to discuss and see if its an idea we can implement in December patch.

Help us help you! 👾👾👾👾

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
As you all know, a patch is coming in December. We've been working really hard at it! If you have some suggestions for the forum overall, now would be the time. Gives us enough time to discuss and see if its an idea we can implement in December patch.

Help us help you! 👾👾👾👾
Since it scales off itself, maybe gunslinging shoud be a mind stat instead of a martial art.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Already forward my idea's in the Gen Chat to Larsi, but also want to add the following:

• Adding a Challenge/Advanced/Hard Mode for every location
  • Add some missing One Piece movie Devil Fruits, as we got Shiki's DF added yet not Gil Tesoro though Bullet did make an appearance in Pirate Festival. As well as some other Non-Canon DF's that were introduced in games and etc. (just not Stage Play ones)
  • User's can have x1 NPC with a +20 substat, whether in any stat, CoA/CoO, CoC or DF awakening. NPC's must meet requirement for this.
  • User's can go Artificial Farming in a Gacha like system, the Artificial DF's offer a 1/3 of the DF's stat boosts
  • A better rule stating how long if a user goes inactive after getting a DF, the DF goes straight into circulation and the user is warranted minimum price for the DF that they no longer have. For eg: When Smileyman who held the Goro Goro then the captain of the crew Joby was able to sell the Goro DF then. Also how long if they go inactive is the deadline/soft-deadline

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Not really sure how we'll do it but seeing as our org will start to venture into pvp sooner or later. We should begin to set this up i feel. With a lot of equal characters right now it more or less comes down to feel as to who wins or loses. At least in regards to pvp. With tied speed, strength etc there should be at least some sort of guideline. Even if it's soley to avoid arguments or something.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Could we get Beli/Beri being converted to say a middle item that can be converted to DC. Something like this:

100 million beri/beli = 1 Token
10-100 tokens = 1 DC

Something basically to make beri/beli useful for those who have plenty of it as sooner or later everyone will be flooded with beli/beri but not have a need to purchase anything

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Restrictions: NPCs do not get temporary bonuses from mind techniques
NPCs with a mind stat do not get turn based substat boosts from any martial arts they know.
If we are now all forced to buy npcs with a science stat if we want science items, maybe these rules should be looked at so these npcs can use their own utility items (jetpack, etc) to get stat boosts.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Wanna bring this up, we have DF's like this but not listed as a reward at all and neither any DF stat boosts or Rank at all:
Goe Goe no mi (Scream-Scream Fruit); Paramecia
It is a non-canon DF

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Also maybe this to be added to the patch:
If every player is allowed a NPC that is 70% of their level and with the item affecting up to 80%
Devil's Voice: Increases the user's Haoshoku Haki to knock out characters 70% of their level and intimidate anyone up to 80% of their level. Range for knocking out is 500% of level and can intimidate anyone on the same island. Cost: 40 DC.
Maybe you could purchase a Level that is 80% of your level say for 60DC?

Larsi

Silver Hair
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Ah, no. You get a level 80 with king and level 100s through beast mastery, etc. We don't need more npcs

Top Bottom