Characters and Groups Who is the traitor?

Who is the traitor?

• Carrot

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Shinobu

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Kanjuro

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • Law

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Someone else (leave answer in thread)

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Kiku

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Kinemon

• Ashura Douji

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawamatsu

• Inuarashi

• Tenguyama

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Nekomamushi

• Raizo

• Tsuru

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rej

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
...so Law decides to attack him rather than just escaping with him? Because Hawkins is cut up and tossed in prison. If a Kaido/Orochi henchman sees it, that'll raise alarms.
yes to buy credibility to convince X Drake
[automerge]1568388464[/automerge]
XD

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
A few people suggested 2 different traitors. Thoughts?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hiyori would be a very dramatic reveal as a traitor. It would be a *dun da duhnnn!*
I'll be sad but it'd make sense. It'd be a nice Wano parallel to Pudding betraying Sanji before becoming good in WCI... as well as fitting with the shady past (why she left Kawamatsu and doing shady things with Kyoshiro)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I have already explained my issues with the whole Carrot traitor theory before so I'm not going to go through that again, imo the traitor is one of the Nine Red Scabbards and the one I'm leaning towards is Kanjuro.

I find it very strange how Kanjuro is the only scabbard other than Denjiro(who we still don't know where he is) that got the least focus, Kanjuro was the second one introduced after Kin'emon and before Raizo yet characters like Raizo, Ashura Doji, and even Kawamatsu have all so far gotten more focus than Kanjuro. Kanjuro was only focused a little bit here and there but not that much and I find that a bit strange, this makes me think that Oda has something big planned for Kanjuro's character.

Other than the minks the only other characters that knew about Raizo being at Zou was Kin'emon, Kanjuro, and Momo, the minks knew where Raizo was located at Zou so if one of them was the traitor they would have secretly told Jack were Raizo was. Jack only knew that Raizo was at Zou but didn't know his location at Zou, someone must have informed Jack that Raizo was Zou but since this person wasn't at Zou they didn't know where Raizo was located and again the only other characters that knew Raizo was at Zou but didn't know where he was located at Zou was Kin'emon, Kanjuro, and Momo.

We can obviously rule out Momo and we've seen plenty from Kin'emon's character to rule him out so that only leaves Kanjuro, also I find it weird how Hawkins and Drake knew to check the bath house were Nami, Robin, and Shinobu were. The only other characters that knew that those three were going to the bath house were Brook and Kanjuro, obviously it's not Brook so that only leaves Kanjuro being the one that told the Beasts Pirates and Orochi's forces about the bath house.

Also back during the Dressrosa arc, Doffy somehow knew about Momo and him being alive so how did he find out about that? I'm guessing that when Kanjuro got captured at Dressrosa he found out about Doffy's alliance with Kaido, and then told him some information with one of those information probably being about Momo. This whole traitor reveal has to be someone that would really surprise Kin'emon and the others and it has to be someone that they least expect, and what better way to really surprise them is if one of the scabbards specifically Kanjuro ends up being revealed as the traitor.

Lastly I wanted to point out this fun little fact I learned, in real life there was the whole Shimabara Rebellion and one of the rebels was a man named Yamada Emosaku. However Emosaku was secretly an informant for the Tokugawa shogunate, and he ended up betraying his fellow rebels and on top of that he was also a painter.
Everything fits.
I now think kanjuro is the traitor and I'm mad af :feelslaserman:

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Shinobu, I think. I also dislike her, so her being the traitor would be good for me.

• Haha
Reactions: Rej
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Imo it's Carrot. She was MIA for a significant part of act 2, and I feel that whoever the snitch is he/she must be a mink bcoz of the vivre card Jack has and who could've known that Raizo is in Zou except minks, Kanjuro and Kinemon...
[automerge]1568562897[/automerge]
I have already explained my issues with the whole Carrot traitor theory before so I'm not going to go through that again, imo the traitor is one of the Nine Red Scabbards and the one I'm leaning towards is Kanjuro.

I find it very strange how Kanjuro is the only scabbard other than Denjiro(who we still don't know where he is) that got the least focus, Kanjuro was the second one introduced after Kin'emon and before Raizo yet characters like Raizo, Ashura Doji, and even Kawamatsu have all so far gotten more focus than Kanjuro. Kanjuro was only focused a little bit here and there but not that much and I find that a bit strange, this makes me think that Oda has something big planned for Kanjuro's character.

Other than the minks the only other characters that knew about Raizo being at Zou was Kin'emon, Kanjuro, and Momo, the minks knew where Raizo was located at Zou so if one of them was the traitor they would have secretly told Jack were Raizo was. Jack only knew that Raizo was at Zou but didn't know his location at Zou, someone must have informed Jack that Raizo was Zou but since this person wasn't at Zou they didn't know where Raizo was located and again the only other characters that knew Raizo was at Zou but didn't know where he was located at Zou was Kin'emon, Kanjuro, and Momo.

We can obviously rule out Momo and we've seen plenty from Kin'emon's character to rule him out so that only leaves Kanjuro, also I find it weird how Hawkins and Drake knew to check the bath house were Nami, Robin, and Shinobu were. The only other characters that knew that those three were going to the bath house were Brook and Kanjuro, obviously it's not Brook so that only leaves Kanjuro being the one that told the Beasts Pirates and Orochi's forces about the bath house.

Also back during the Dressrosa arc, Doffy somehow knew about Momo and him being alive so how did he find out about that? I'm guessing that when Kanjuro got captured at Dressrosa he found out about Doffy's alliance with Kaido, and then told him some information with one of those information probably being about Momo. This whole traitor reveal has to be someone that would really surprise Kin'emon and the others and it has to be someone that they least expect, and what better way to really surprise them is if one of the scabbards specifically Kanjuro ends up being revealed as the traitor.

Lastly I wanted to point out this fun little fact I learned, in real life there was the whole Shimabara Rebellion and one of the rebels was a man named Yamada Emosaku. However Emosaku was secretly an informant for the Tokugawa shogunate, and he ended up betraying his fellow rebels and on top of that he was also a painter.
Even if the carrot would have told Jack that Raizo is at the Whale tree, he would have to thoroughly search whole Zou to locate that small place as he's not familiar with the location, he's never been there before and Zou isn't a small place. Maybe that's the reason he wanted the minks to bring Raizo to him.
Also Kinemon's group was spotted leaving Wano by Orochi's men and they chased them on the sea. And Doffy started chasing the group as soon as they landed on Dressrosa, it proves than he'd been tipped off about who they were and given orders to capture them before Kanjuro even landed on Dressrosa. Same thing happened when Kinemon landed on Punk-hazard, Kaido's henchmen started pursuing him.
Also, if Kanjuro was working with Doffy, why would he keep him imprisoned in that hellhole with no food or water and leave him to die?? Imo, when Raizo landed on Zou (ahead of Kinemon, Kanjuro and momo landing on Dressrosa) the traitor mink immediately passed info to Kaido and he gave orders to Doffy and his people on Punk hazard to keep a lookout for the group and capture him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think it might be 2 quick to think that there's a traitor. Orochis go-to forces are ninja. Intelligence gathering is kinda their bread & butter. Just cuz Orochi's incompetent doesn't mean his soldiers are.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I think it might be 2 quick to think that there's a traitor. Orochis go-to forces are ninja. Intelligence gathering is kinda their bread & butter. Just cuz Orochi's incompetent doesn't mean his soldiers are.
Could that justify Shinobu being the traitor? She's a ninja who disses Law and causes paranoia.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This traitor has to end up being a huge betrayal for Kin'emon and the others, someone like Carrot, Law, and Shinobu just wouldn't fit that. If one of them ends up being a traitor it would still be a betrayal yes but not a huge one for Kin'emon and the others, imo this traitor when he gets revealed will have to be a big betrayal to Kin'emon's group. The only characters that fit that role is one of the Scabbards, not only would it be a huge betrayal to Kin'emon and the others but it would also be a huge betrayal to the late Oden. This would make a really good storyline and it would bring some conflict to the Scabbards, Kin'emon thinks that all of the Scabbards are loyal to the late Oden and are willing to help him out in this rebellion but imagine if one of them is actually secretly against them. I believe the traitor will be revealed during the beginning of Act 3, in fact there is a possible chance that the traitor will reveal himself at the Tokage port to Kin'emon and the others once they get apprehended over there.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
This traitor has to end up being a huge betrayal for Kin'emon and the others, someone like Carrot, Law, and Shinobu just wouldn't fit that. If one of them ends up being a traitor it would still be a betrayal yes but not a huge one for Kin'emon and the others, imo this traitor when he gets revealed will have to be a big betrayal to Kin'emon's group. The only characters that fit that role is one of the Scabbards, not only would it be a huge betrayal to Kin'emon and the others but it would also be a huge betrayal to the late Oden. This would make a really good storyline and it would bring some conflict to the Scabbards, Kin'emon thinks that all of the Scabbards are loyal to the late Oden and are willing to help him out in this rebellion but imagine if one of them is actually secretly against them. I believe the traitor will be revealed during the beginning of Act 3, in fact there is a possible chance that the traitor will reveal himself at the Tokage port to Kin'emon and the others once they get apprehended over there.
Wait why not Shinobu? Kinemon knows her well?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
The traitor knowing about Hiyori being alive and her location is the biggest hint on who could be the traitor, the only characters that knows about this information are the 7 Scabbards which are Kin'emon, Kanjuro, Raizo, Inuarashi, Kiku, Ashura Doji, and Kawamatsu, some of the SHs, Shinobu, and Tenguyama Hitetsu. Sure maybe someone else could have learned it off screen, but for now the biggest clue to this traitor reveal are the characters that we saw recently found out about Hiyori being alive and her location and imo one of those characters is the traitor.

Wait why not Shinobu? Kinemon knows her well?
Shinobu is not a Scabbard, the Scabbards were the retainers for Oden and if one of them ends up being a traitor that would be a huge betrayal to Kin'emon and some of the others and it would also be a huge betrayal to the late Oden.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Could that justify Shinobu being the traitor? She's a ninja who disses Law and causes paranoia.
Didn’t think of it like that. I don’t think she’s a traitor, but I’m also not that fond of her so i wouldn’t be disappointed if it was her

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Hiyori AND Kanjuro. Former's in it for personal gain and bitter revenge over being left out, latter's working for Kaido; another of his clowns ( including the kabuki-ish Carsar Clown and Jokermingo ).

Be it before/after the reveal of her betrayal, her manipulations cause a schism to form amongst the Scabbards. Maybe she pretends to eb captured to draw away the likes of Kawamatsu at the worst possible time. Even worse if Kyoshiro's revealed to be the missing Denjiro as some predicted.

That's my fanfic.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Putting aside all Theories & Facts & Hints, people need to understand that this isn't just an Ordinary Sub-Plot
This Traitor Problem is something that Oda is giving a lot of time and lot of importance & focus
So logically, the Conclusion to this Sub-Plot should be a great Plot Twist & a Major Story Reveal to justify the Time & Effort Oda put into it

So for starters, Traitor should be someone Important in Wano Saga, someone with enough Build Up & Connection to Alliance to make this
Sub-Plot Work, that's why the Traitor can't be someone like Shinobu
You think Oda mentioned Traitor in Zou Arc so that it will be revealed +100 Chapters later that it was Old Just Introduced Ninja Shinobu ?!

The best Candidates for Wano Traitor are one of Nine Red Scabbards, Law, Carrot
Momo & Hiyori are the representatives of Kouzouki Family and the center of the Wano Arc so leave them aside

So let's see what this Traitor knows ?
He/She knew Zou's Location/Viver Card, knew only Raizo is in Zou, Yasuei Identity & Location, Hiyori is Alive and in the North, Udon was taken over by Alliance, and all Alliance Plans

There is only one Character that knew all of this and much more, who is so far the most mysterious of them all, the one who didn't do anything for Alliance, and seems the most useless of the bunch, the one who have ability to exchange information easily
It's none other than Kanjuro himself !

The only thing that bothered me about this idea is that it was hinted by Toki & Orochi that Nine Red Scabbards will be his Downfall and will face him under Full Moon and defeat him, so Kanjuro being a Traitor would contradict this and break their group

However i think Oda hinted at something in latest Chapter, when 7 Red Scabbards + Momo & Shinobu were walking, he said these 9
In other words, even though he could have used any word to describe them, he instead chose to address them by their Number

IMO this was a hint that 9 Samurai who will stand against Orochi aren't necessarily the Nine Red Scabbards, they can be any 9 Samurai from the Alliance, which furthur proves the idea that Traitor is among the Red Scabbards
This way, when Kanjuro is shown to be a Traitor and dealt with (Possibilities are endless), Oda can choose someone else to be among the Nine who defeat Orochi (Obviously Momo)

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
After SBS 94 I slowly start to think Kilo might end up being the traitor

Reader :chapter 943... it’s so touching!!!(beng!!) Izo?! The commander of the 16th division of Whitebeard Pirates, Izo, was one of the Nine Scabbards? Ahhh...Was Kouzuki Oden the commander of the 16th division?! P.N. 420Land
Oda: Oh... You guys noticed another small detail. Young Kin’emon and the others in the flashback scene. If you count them no doubt there’re 9 people. Huh? thought it was Okiku...but the person feels a little different...By the way, “Izo” is one of the commanders that appeared in the Summit War arc. It’s true that they look similar since Izo also wore a kimono. And in vol 82 chapter 820, it did said that some people from “Wano Country” joined Whitebeard’s ship~. One day the answer to this question will be revealed, so just continue reading. You’ll notice it, right~!

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
We

Reader :chapter 943... it’s so touching!!!(beng!!) Izo?! The commander of the 16th division of Whitebeard Pirates, Izo, was one of the Nine Scabbards? Ahhh...Was Kouzuki Oden the commander of the 16th division?! P.N. 420Land
Oda: Oh... You guys noticed another small detail. Young Kin’emon and the others in the flashback scene. If you count them no doubt there’re 9 people. Huh? thought it was Okiku...but the person feels a little different...By the way, “Izo” is one of the commanders that appeared in the Summit War arc. It’s true that they look similar since Izo also wore a kimono. And in vol 82 chapter 820, it did said that some people from “Wano Country” joined Whitebeard’s ship~. One day the answer to this question will be revealed, so just continue reading. You’ll notice it, right~!
Well for the same reason I'd say Okiku is the more likely suspect. It looks like she joined the scabbards afterwards, and she would be aware of most details.

Actually I remembered this thread from March (!) to which I did not give much thought back then but now it sums up to the SBS revelation ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/b7f9rm

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons

How could she know only Raizo made it to Zou ?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
How could she know only Raizo made it to Zou ?
Just checked chapter 920.
Original plan was reaching Zou only Raizo made it there. In DR they we're chased by Doflamingo. Doflamingo might have reported 4 of the 3 went to DR.

So it definetly fit with Kiku as Traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom