Resolved Forum and Thread Ideas to push activity

Which of the ideas would you like to see implemented into Thriller Bark?

• 1.1 Add One Piece (MHA,...) to the front page

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • 1.2 Put One Piece (MHA,...) above Mafia and Roleplay

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • 1.3 Bringing the Fanclubs to their Fandoms

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • 1.4 Undo the No-Shipping Rule

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • 2.1 More Manga/Anime Threads

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • 2.2 More Casual/Spam Threads

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • 2.3 A Shitpost Thread

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • 3.1 More Broadcasts

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • 3.2 Relaxed Mods and less Post Deletion

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • 3.3 Update to the Mod-Team

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Freedom to speak
  • Chris Mic

Enjoy Vertigo!
    Reaction score
    Salty Doubloons
    It means you aren't allowed to advertise other forums here. What you do on other forums is your business. That's how I understand it
    This is basically it. You are allowed to talk about other communities (otherwise I can think of a few users who would be penalized lmao) but we prohibit hard advertizing and linking and I think anyone can distinguish between the two.

Shion speaks
  • Shion

Lost Soul
    Reaction score
    Salty Doubloons
    Like Larsi has pointed it out earlier, we are gonna adress this all soon and discuss with you guys. I also made the notice forum wide so everyone is aware of this thread and point their suggestions so we can look.

Of course the creators and mods have their own view on things but it's important to ask all of us and not just let them do... especially when they don't put visible effort into new content or bringing forward ideas to attract new people. Of course I don't know what's going on behind the scenes but it just looks a bit sad to me. Everyone who is satisfied with how the forum is running: Move on and continue what you do, that's great. But some people just want a bit more space and I hope to just make those voices heard a bit. :pepemusic:
    This here is really disrespectful in my opinion. Really.

The bolded part is so untrue and really hurtful since we made a lot of adjustments and added more stuff for the enjoyment of everyone.

We made One Piece, My Hero Academia and Kingdom their own sections instead of a single thread. We made Groups and Fanclubs after people asked for it, we made a Theory Section when asked because it was originally inside Creative Corner. We made a new brighter theme after people asked tons of times for a brighter one.
    Other new content? I made the Trick or Treat games, which most people only signed up for the trick and treat part, but didn't give the time of the day for the treasure hunt. There were an OW tournament, we made Game Giveaway as well and are on the standby because we're waiting for the people who wanted to host contests didn't respond anymore. So yeah, it's hurtful to hear we are not putting visible effort when we did plenty of stuff and now we have to hear this.

Community events hosted
  • Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
    Reaction score
    Salty Doubloons
    Just gonna address this point since they kinda relate to my section... but the rest is still under discussion.
    1.6 More Community Events related to the featured Series

Examples back from OJ: Chapter Predictions and Coloring Events, but maybe also other contests, that just give members more choices to engage themselves more in the forum and receive more chances to join events to gain Salty Doubloons)
    I've got a character color prediction thread up, has been since the site opened, in Community Events. I also have the monthly color, fan art, and GFX display showcase ready to go in Creative Corner, but when it's only 1 person showing their works it's kinda hard to have a diverse showcase. Also no one has been doing their colorings so I have absolutely no idea if a coloring competition would even generate interest here on Thriller bark.
    In the wings we have a photography contest waiting on it's host to launch it. As well as a GFX contest which is also waiting on it's host to launch it.
    We have Theory of the month, but since there have been no new theories for awhile it's hard to have that one go.
    There was also an Overwatch tournament set up to go while the game was free but no one signed up. (Side note this was broadcasted across the site and visible when not logged in).
    There is the games giveaways we have ongoing at the moment, as well as secret santa sign ups.

I will also note that community events don't have to come from only the moderators, we're open to new ideas and just ask that you send your competion/event ideas to Shion and myself first so that we can make sure there are guidelines that will be followed by participants. After approval the event/competition is yours to produce.

A LOT of the activities that you're missing from OJ are literally just because someone hasn't made the thread yet.

Why you no broadcast
  • Larsi

Silver Hair
    Reaction score
    Salty Doubloons
    Just fyi, we had to stop doing mass alerts because it was overloading the system, and switched to notices instead.

Format suggestion- Nessos
    Reaction score
    Salty Doubloons
    After putting the post from @Gintoki into account I only suggest small changes which actually only effects the structures to give visitors a better overview.

Subforums that I would move (from -> to)
    • Community Events: Move to the top of "Official Activites"
    • Discord: "Official Activites" -> "Main Categoty"
    • Creativity Corner: "Entertainment" -> "Official Activites"
    • Theories: "Entertainment" -> "Series Gallery"
    • Forum Games: "Miscellaneous" -> "Official Activities" (between RP and Creativity Corner)
    • Fan Clubs and Groups: "Chitchat" -> "Miscellaneous"
    Renaming Sections and Subforums
    • "Official Activities" -> "Community Activities"
    • "Series Gallery" -> "Manga & Anime"
    • "Manga & Anime" -> "Other Series"

Updating the frontpage
    • Think about removing Mafia and RP banner (less is sometimes more)
    • Update the text in the frontpage focus on introducing the sections equally.. I will add a suggestion later.

The next point is for the Staff to discuss of they wanna allow "powerlvl- and/or shipping-discussions" therefore they should open subforums in Miscellaneous or chitchat.

I actually think these are easy changes which will improve the structure on this forum and give visitors a better overview. I know these changes won't directly bring more activity, but thats actually up to the members of the forum(not only the staff members). If you want this forum to success its time to push activity by pushing discussions and make advertisement for this forum via Discord and Reddit.

Real talk moment
  • Shottie

Wait... whaaaaa?
    Reaction score
    Salty Doubloons
    So we can spam and talk absolute garbage and have non-sense posts and trolling in there without worries? :yay:
    No one would have stopped ya in general chat.
    [automerge]1576102369[/automerge]
    Alright another thing I wanna discuss. Everyone is saying the Mods need to "lighten up" and stop deleting posts. But no one is sayin they had their own posts deleted, that they just heard about it. Essentially it's become rumor we delete all posts that are off topic.

Look guys, I've spent the last 2 days going through and looking at deleted posts on our site in the anime and manga section. So let me lay some facts out:
    One Piece General discussion where our original One Piece thread was: 4 deletions in July. All deletions were related to spoilers of a specific chapter.
    One Piece Chapters: 2 deletions (out of all those chapters), and these were in the same chapter back in August. These deletions were acknowledging likes recieved.
    Various One Piece Topics: 4 deletions. Single emoji or gif reactions do not add to the conversations, we encourage y'all to post with words too so there can be discussions. That accounted for 1 deletion. Another 2 were for trying to start Zoro vs Sanji stuff. And the last was indeed off topic and inappropriate.
    So One Piece section had 10 deletions total.

Onwards then. My Hero Academia: 0 deletions.

Other manga and anime: 11 deletions total. Of those 4 were for broken post by members who left us, it was before the bug got fixed and our only option was deletion. 4 more deletions were for posting spoilers and raws. We have the no spoilers and full images rule in place because of those new international laws and they could open us to the same problems OJ was facing. The last 3 were deleted because they were just repetitions of saying they were dropping the manga.

Outside the Manga and Anime sections I'll admit to deleting posts that are single emojis or gif reactions with no words added on. I'd rather y'all say ":pepemusic: digging it because xyz reasons!" than ":pepemusic:" we have a multitude of likes available on our posts so we don't have to quote people to laugh emoji at their posts or to tell em you absolutely agree with them using a heart emoji or "this" reaction gif. (You'll also notice more discussion points are brought up when you say WHY you agree or like something and lookie there :D an increase in topic discussion which is the number one goal).
    As for the Admin deletion methods here is what they say:
    People generally tend to underplay their posts and overplay moderators actions when talking in private with others, its natural, you want to be seen in a good light, i dont judge for that. But when i see a one liner that targets the thread title but blatantly ignores the big paragraphs that makes up the title, i will delete them. I trust our moderators in their decisions, and yoill just have to trust us that you're maybe not seeing the whole picture, however if you feel as if your own post was deleted incorrectly, you are free to contact one of the admins or S-mods and we'll look into it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom