Resolved Forum and Thread Ideas to push activity

Which of the ideas would you like to see implemented into Thriller Bark?

• 1.1 Add One Piece (MHA,...) to the front page

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • 1.2 Put One Piece (MHA,...) above Mafia and Roleplay

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • 1.3 Bringing the Fanclubs to their Fandoms

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • 1.4 Undo the No-Shipping Rule

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • 2.1 More Manga/Anime Threads

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • 2.2 More Casual/Spam Threads

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • 2.3 A Shitpost Thread

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • 3.1 More Broadcasts

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • 3.2 Relaxed Mods and less Post Deletion

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • 3.3 Update to the Mod-Team

Votes: 10 30.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I guess it's time to active OP section...let's do it :yay:
Also i still believe that , spoiler thread is really important..
I'm against power level threads my self...but mod can manage atleast one thread (spoiler) for 2-3 days per week...

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I'm against power level threads my self...but mod can manage atleast one thread (spoiler) for 2-3 days per week...
Yeah I still think there should be a spoiler thread, they could do it similar to AP in which only members of TB would see the spoiler thread and participate in it.

Beky

Nancy <3
Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Why is traditional different than regular?
Regular has lives , traditional doesnt.
Reg is more RPG like

Traditional in its core is pure mafia with set roles while reg offers more freedom

Also, what is town of Salem?
Town of Salem is Town of Salem, like there aint much changing that bcs it is set game

Instead of having 5 mafia subsections, you just have three. Sign-ups, mafia games, mafia archives
That can be done if needed. But then you would have to also put all sub threads of different sections in one thread and make it messy. Each section having its own thread for it makes it more visible

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
this isn't an anime and manga forum
I like the forum as it is. Focus on OP will lead us to EoS OJ.
tbh that is almost identical to Oro Jackson really down to the T, i prefer if Thriller Bark differences itself from OJ. As we all know before OJ closing down TB was going to be heavily focused on Mafia and RP, then the other sections going downwards.
In reference to 1.2 however, I disagree with overshadowing the very reason TB was started.
Okay guys. I know myself it is being promoted as Mafia and Roleplay Forum. The point I am making is that some of us would love the community to grow and have more people to talk about One Piece, which brought us all together in the first place. Nobody will come to this forum for Mafia or Roleplay, otherwise we would have new members.

Just because we give One Piece a heavier focus on the page, it doesn't mean making the forum OJ 2.0. Why do you always have to compare the forum to something that is gone? And only because some of you wanted to keep together the Mafia community, doesn't mean some of us don't want more discussion and activity. Why are you all against more activity and new people?

This is no slow start. The last few members joining us were bots. And people who register, don't stay and never log back in. Why? Because we are always the same people, without new content, and mods being against bringing forward new ideas. There is nothing going on here. Literally nothing.

I will answer more people later.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Imo TB is the child of the Rp and Mafia sections. Things are good the way they are already.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Yeah I still think there should be a spoiler thread, they could do it similar to AP in which only members of TB would see the spoiler thread and participate in it.
Don't we have a Spoiler PM? Which is accessible as member? Isn't that similar just like a spoiler thread, it is only more secured? The reason why I didn't bring it up as idea is that I heard multiple time that it won't happen because of the legality of the issue.

Imo TB is the child of the Rp and Mafia sections. Things are good the way they are already.
Read this:

Okay guys. I know myself it is being promoted as Mafia and Roleplay Forum. The point I am making is that some of us would love the community to grow and have more people to talk about One Piece, which brought us all together in the first place. Nobody will come to this forum for Mafia or Roleplay, otherwise we would have new members.

Just because we give One Piece a heavier focus on the page, it doesn't mean making the forum OJ 2.0. Why do you always have to compare the forum to something that is gone? And only because some of you wanted to keep together the Mafia community, doesn't mean some of us don't want more discussion and activity. Why are you all against more activity and new people?

This is no slow start. The last few members joining us were bots. And people who register, don't stay and never log back in. Why? Because we are always the same people, without new content, and mods being against bringing forward new ideas. There is nothing going on here. Literally nothing.

I will answer more people later.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I would really appreciate a news thread for otaku news or at least links in that direction. As it was in OJ's news central, Allthough i know that needs effort. And I really liked the colour art contests, which were done occasionally on oj.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Don't we have a Spoiler PM? Which is accessible as member? Isn't that similar just like a spoiler thread, it is only more secured? The reason why I didn't bring it up as idea is that I heard multiple time that it won't happen because of the legality of the issue.
Ah I see.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I would really appreciate a news thread for otaku news or at least links in that direction. As it was in OJ's news central, Allthough i know that needs effort. And I really liked the colour art contests, which were done occasionally on oj.
Thanks for your input! I think a place for One Piece news would be really nice! That's something I thought about as well already. The same goes for other manga and anime as well. I don't know, we could start with one thread for each section maybe where people can post and add threadmarks that mark the topics? For starters.

Ah I see.
Yeah, it is sadly not as visible but at least one place to discuss. I am not part of it since I avoid reading spoilers nowadays but in the PM you can discuss with others about the spoilers.

AL.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
this point of yours is wrong as people will surely come to this place if this forum gets properly advertised to other Mafia and RP communities

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
this point of yours is wrong as people will surely come to this place if this forum gets properly advertised to other Mafia and RP communities
Well. Is someone advertising it in other Mafia and RP communities? Nope. That doesn't happen either, otherwise there would be new members, if I go by your logic.

AL.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well. Is someone advertising it in other Mafia and RP communities? Nope. That doesn't happen either, otherwise there would be new members, if I go by your logic.
no one is cause we are restricted to an extent

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
no one is cause we are restricted to an extent
Right. And no forum likes advertisement of other forums on their site. So what are you trying to say? That your post just now didn't make much sense? Isn't of much use? Because advertisement is rude and because we probably won't do that, we won't gain any new members for Mafia or Roleplay either, I assume?

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well....i never visited Mafia section for 1 or more years when i was on OJ..
People were posting on my (and new members) page to play RP and Mafia game..that's how I give it a try..

So the point is , if we don't get new members we won't able to advertise and promote RP , Mafia games..

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Well....i never visited Mafia section for 1 or more years when i was on OJ..
People were posting on my (and new members) page to play RP and Mafia game..that's how I give it a try..

So the point is , if we don't get new members we won't able to advertise and promote RP , Mafia games..
Yeah that is the point I tried to get across with this:

Changing One Piece to be the center of the forum will make it more visible in the list, instead of having to scroll past Mafia and Roleplay, which the least amount of people would come for if they visit a forum that sounds related to One Piece. If people come for One Piece and stay for One Piece discussion, they can still join Mafia and Roleplay as an additional feature.
Glad you understand that. And since Roleplay also seems to be around One Piece we could promote One Piece more with our page and new members always have the choice to join RP or mafia to have fun.

AL.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Right. And no forum likes advertisement of other forums on their site. So what are you trying to say? That your post just now didn't make much sense? Isn't of much use? Because advertisement is rude and because we probably won't do that, we won't gain any new members for Mafia or Roleplay either, I assume?
its not rude or anything its just our forum that doesn't allow us to do so

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
its not rude or anything its just our forum that doesn't allow us to do so
Most forums don't want advertisement on their sites. And we are not allowed to do it either. Trying to get people away from one place to join another is a shit move, it is rude. Otherwise it wouldn't be forbidden. So your statement above is not of much use, only if you try to say that the rule should be changed so we allow advertisement.

AL.

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
Most forums don't want advertisement on their sites. And we are not allowed to do it either. Trying to get people away from one place to join another is a shit move, it is rude. Otherwise it wouldn't be forbidden. So your statement above is not of much use, only if you try to say that the rule should be changed so we allow advertisement.
I m in quite a lot of communities and most of them allow it

Reaction score
Salty Doubloons
I m in quite a lot of communities and most of them allow it
From the guidelines:
You are not allowed to advertise sites or communities that are similar to Thriller Bark in an attempt to garner views or visitors.
It means you aren't allowed to advertise other forums here. What you do on other forums is your business. That's how I understand it.
Edit: If I am wrong and read the context wrong, okay. But it sounds to me that it's just here where it is not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom